New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Banned

Daemon

Default Localising Dungeon AP's for Golarion

The Dungeon magazine released 3 adventure paths before it died: Shackled City, Age of Worms and Savage Tide. These are set in Greyhawk. Where would I set them and what changes would I have to make to localise the three AP's into the Pathfinder world of Golarion? Please suggest.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Barbarian in the Playground

Beholder

Default Re: Localising Dungeon AP's for Golarion

One thing to keep in mind...the older APs give shout-backs to the earlier ones. The events in Cauldron are prophecies fortold from an earlier time that herald the Age of Worms. A "rush across town" event in the Savage Tide is complicated by a city-wide party held in celebration of the end of the AOW path. So definately move them all across as a package.

My knowledge of Golarion is limited to, roughly, the first 15 PF issues, so others may be able to provide much better information, but here's some general thoughts:

I can readily see placing Cauldron and it's surroundings in the Stony Mountains/Lurkwood area, and casting Riddleport in the role of Sassarine (big city for doing business, buying/selling stuff, etc.) with Redgorge in an unmarked location somewhere on the map between. Most of Shackled City takes place in mountains or woods, and that provides both necessary terrains.

Lacking a good reason why Diamond Lake couldn't be the Diamond Coast, you could probably get away with putting Diamond Lake and surroundings around about Sandpoint, and declare Magnimar to be the "Free City". The requisite swamps (the mushfens) are close enough to serve for Blackwall Keep. Alhaster is more problematic...not sure of a good suggestion here...Riddleport seems a bit too big, and we're already using it as a substitute for Sassarine.

...which of course covers fairly well for Savage Tide.

Some deific exchanges I'd suggest:

Zon-Kuthon is a workable substitute for Wee Jas, Cayden Cailean for Kord, Abadar for Cuthbert, and Sarenrae for Pelor.

For the Ebon Triad, I'd go with Asmodeus for Hextor, Norgorber for Vecna, and (if you really want to play on the heretical nature of the Triad) perhaps Rovagug for Eranthul.

Kyuss, you'd prettymuch have to leave as-is in the campaign setting.
    Whadda ya mean, Orcs got levels too?

3. - Top - End - #3
    Banned

Daemon

Default Re: Localising Dungeon AP's for Golarion

Thanks andorax! anyone else want a try