New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 28 of 49 FirstFirst ... 3181920212223242526272829303132333435363738 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #811
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: Werewolf Central VIII: Important WW information goes here - READ OPENING POSTS!

I started recruitment on the 5th of march, a week before scheduald start.
    Despite everything, its still me.

2. - Top - End - #812
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Werewolf Central VIII: Important WW information goes here - READ OPENING POSTS!

Right, that's your problem. One week is pretty rarely enough time as far as I've seen.

3. - Top - End - #813
    Troll in the Playground

So recruitment is extanded for one more week.

4. - Top - End - #814
    Pixie in the Playground

BardGuy

I'm considering trying to start one which is a bit two-staged where you start with too many werewolves but if the "mad scientist" or one of his heirs last for about a week (subject to change), they can destroy the moon and the remaining werewolves are randomly split (fairly evenly) between repentant (now normal villagers), bloodthirsty (keep killing anyway) and neutral (just trying to survive). No progress on moon destruction while the scientist is baned. The heirs might progress a little slower on it as well.

It'd be no PM, mostly blind, w/o roles revealed on death so that if/when the moon is destroyed, the repentant can't just point out who used to be wolves. Trying to get the number balance so Team Good can't strongarm no lynch too much early on as a stalling tactic.

Proposed roles for approx 20 (names would change to be more appropriate):
    Spoiler
    Show
    Team Evil: Devil, 5-6 normal wolves (kill randomly assigned to one of them per night), lover (automatically becomes repentant if moon destroyed)

Team Good:
    Seer, mad scientist &two heirs, 4 masons, 1 baner, 1 lover, 1 gravekeeper

Neutral:
    Psychologist - night action controls someones vote the following day (unknown to victim). Wins when brainwashed votes help cause 5 lynches.
    Environmentalist - loses if moon is destroyed (seems a bit harsh on them, needs tweaking)
    Scrambler - night action randomises targets for all night actions performed on or by target player. Cannot self target. Wins when ?? night actions have been redirected.

Thoughts? Suggestions?

5. - Top - End - #815
    Barbarian in the Playground

While looking through the game list in Meta WW, I realized that Paranoia was a great flavor for a game idea that's been bouncing around in my head for a while. However, Jontom Xire has already done a Paranoia-themed game, though with completely unrelated rules, and I don't think he is available and still on forum to okay the idea. Part of my concern is the whole game idea copyright, but there's also the greater concern that should he come back, he might not approve of the different direction my game takes should I call it a sequel. What do I do here?

Technical Admin of the Minecraft server. Whitelist is here; put your name there and post it in the thread.
    The overly long monstrosity that is my extended signature lies here.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Grue Bait View Post
    Good game, guys. Sapo, you are just too good for this.
    Quote Originally Posted by A Rainy Knight View Post
    And by the way, your puzzle was one of the most interesting ones I've solved in a while. Kudos.

6. - Top - End - #816
    Pixie in the Playground

Call it Paranoia Rebooted.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Tydude View Post
    I actually have two theories on why you're doing this, but neither make much sense and you would have to be insane to try them. It seems you are insane, which is great for my theories.
    Quote Originally Posted by ZarethG View Post
    I see your point, Internet Flea. However, I don't retract my assessment of your sanity.
    What kind of paranoid mind sees that as something else. ~ The Narrator, during Stranded in Space.

(Sugar Shock avatar by Dirtytabs.)

7. - Top - End - #817

It's not really rebooted because it's not related to the game except by their both having the same setting.

Technical Admin of the Minecraft server. Whitelist is here; put your name there and post it in the thread.
    Spoiler
    Show
    And by the way, your puzzle was one of the most interesting ones I've solved in a while. Kudos.

8. - Top - End - #818
    Pixie in the Playground

I thought that's what a reboot was.

I guess you could call it Friend WW or something. Or just not worry about it.

EDIT: Or call it The New Paranoia.
    Last edited by Internet Flea; 2012-03-18 at 01:14 AM.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Tydude View Post
    I actually have two theories on why you're doing this, but neither make much sense and you would have to be insane to try them. It seems you are insane, which is great for my theories.
    Quote Originally Posted by ZarethG View Post
    I see your point, Internet Flea. However, I don't retract my assessment of your sanity.
    What kind of paranoid mind sees that as something else. ~ The Narrator, during Stranded in Space.

(Sugar Shock avatar by Dirtytabs.)

9. - Top - End - #819
    Pixie in the Playground

Or you could call it:
    <insert name here>: a paranoia like WW.
    Or something like that.
    And with each passing moment the mystery will become more tantalizing. Your imagination will inflame, but so will your frustration. Never knowing, only guessing, what could possibly be inside that box.

10. - Top - End - #820
    Titan in the Playground

Call it Xanmyral WW .

11. - Top - End - #821
    Ogre in the Playground

Call it 'Luna Interitum: A WW Game'?

12. - Top - End - #822
    Troll in the Playground

Minecraft ww only has 12 peoples and the game starts tommorw!
    please join!

13. - Top - End - #823
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by super dark33 View Post
    Minecraft ww only has 12 peoples and the game starts tommorw!
    please join!
    Why are you even starting if you need more players?

My extended collection of avatars:
    Spoiler
    Show

Pony Tarquin by Dirtytabs

Killer Klown by Ceika

Stroop by Mr Gone

14. - Top - End - #824
    Troll in the Playground

by 'starting' i mean 'scheduald in my brain to start'.

15. - Top - End - #825
    Troll in the Playground

I think what he means is we Really need more players, so please join. PLEEEAASE!!

Lexington III, my Brute. Inner Circle. ! Melody

16. - Top - End - #826
    Orc in the Playground

O, I see...

Spoiler
    Show

Killer Klown by Ceika

Stroop by Mr Gone

17. - Top - End - #827
    Titan in the Playground

Yeah, seeing as there are 6 wolf roles... We kind of need more people...
    I follow a general rule: better to ask and be told no than not to ask at all.

Shadeblight by KennyPyro

18. - Top - End - #828
    Troll in the Playground

PirateGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Lex-Kat View Post
    I think what he means is we Really need more players, so please join. PLEEEAASE!!
    Ah! Pixie pleas! I have to go sign up a second time!

Finally forced me into getting one of these.

Banner by Elder Tsofu.

19. - Top - End - #829
    Dwarf in the Playground

A bit off topic, but just out of curiosity, does anyone know what happened to Banjo?
    Avatar by whatever Zjoot became.
    Will take suggested phrases in sig. PM with ideas
    Am I missed in my absence?

20. - Top - End - #830
    Dwarf in the Playground

Hey guys just a small heads up I'm taking a bit of a break from WWing atm. Not completely and i'll still be around and playing the odd game but I won't be signing up to loads at a time. Just got busy times going down irl. Work piling on and new house to sort...etc.

Apologies to Lex expecially as I couldn't give assassins the level of attention it so clearly deserved. I did enjoy it though and do love that mechanic.

21. - Top - End - #831
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Saposhiente View Post
    While looking through the game list in Meta WW, I realized that Paranoia was a great flavor for a game idea that's been bouncing around in my head for a while. However, Jontom Xire has already done a Paranoia-themed game, though with completely unrelated rules, and I don't think he is available and still on forum to okay the idea. Part of my concern is the whole game idea copyright, but there's also the greater concern that should he come back, he might not approve of the different direction my game takes should I call it a sequel. What do I do here?
    Jontom's not coming back, I'm willing to bet my place as a vampire prince of The City on that. If that's your only concern, feel free to start game based on his rules anytime you wish. Besides, when I took over Spytrap from him, all he wanted was to be invited to the game, in case he missed the thread.

A bit off topic, but just out of curiosity, does anyone know what happened to Banjo?
    You failed your job and grue got him

More seriously, I'd imagine real life took over. He is a sort of busy guy.
    Adrie, half elven bard. Drawing by Vulion, avatar by CheesePirate. Colored version by Callos_DeTerran. Thanks a lot, you guys.
    This place is not a place of honor…no highly esteemed deed is commemorated here… nothing valued is here.
    "There will come a day so dark you will pray for death. On that day your prayers will be answered."
    Book of shadows, book of night, wake the beast and banish light.

22. - Top - End - #832
    Retired Mod in the Playground Retired Moderator

DrowGirl

Banjo's occasionally on facebook, guessing real life has caught up with him. He's alive though.
    "I'm just going on motive and opportunity here and the fact that if the earth got swallowed by a black hole, I'd look suspiciously in your direction first."
    ~ Timberwolf

"I blame Castaras. You know... In general."
    ~ KuReshtin

"Castaras - An absolutely adorable facade that hides a truly ruthless streak."
    ~ The Succubus

23. - Top - End - #833
    Firbolg in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Saposhiente View Post
    If the game takes a different direction in terms of the rules, it's not a sequel exactly, it's a different game just in the same setting and he has nothing to potentially object to. Game idea copyright or whatever is only really a thing with the rulesets. If you want to be clear about that you could call it something different, but it's not essential.
    Also, if you take a look in the archive, you'll see that there have in fact been four Paranoia games, run by three different people, so we're sort of past the point where you should be concerned about taking Jontom's idea.
    Last edited by Thufir; 2012-03-20 at 09:47 PM.
    "'But there's still such a lot to be done...'
    YES. THERE ALWAYS IS."

24. - Top - End - #834
    Troll in the Playground

Well,

Minecraft WW doesnt have enough players.
    if it wont change soon, it wont start, and that would be a shame with all the surprises i arranged for you.

25. - Top - End - #835
    Orc in the Playground

NOOOOOOO!
    Quick, recruit new players! Use brute force if you meet resistance! For Minecraft!

Spoiler
    Show

Killer Klown by Ceika

Stroop by Mr Gone

26. - Top - End - #836

Looking for a narration-producing conarrator for Paranoia WW. You can change the fluff if you want, but Paranoia's the only fluff that makes sense in my mind.
    Da Rules:
    Spoiler
    Show
    PURGE/The mutants/(Insert secret society of your choice) have infiltrated your residence area and have already disabled the lifts normally used for cleansing unscrupulus citizens! So that you, the citizens, may cleanse them yourself, Friend Computer has provided emergency Red-clearance and Orange clearance Experimental Troubleshooting Battle Armor
    • During the day, you elect people to use each set of armor.
    • While people are using the armor, they are immune to being killed by any means until it runs out of power after three days of continuous use (Taking off the armor to give it to someone else recharges it)
    • The armor does not include a walkie-talkie. People wearing either set of armor may not post (except to shoot people, in the case of the Orange suit) or send PMs.
    • The person given Orange-clearance armor is tasked with troubleshooting the members of PURGE within you. (Troubleshooting: When you see trouble, you shoot it!) Each day, after a minimum of 36 hours to give people time to advise them, they shoot one person by saying that person's name in size-four red. If they wait 72 hours without deciding whom to shoot, the armor automatically kills them instead for failure to execute their proper duty to the Computer.
    • The person given Red-clearance armor is tasked with ensuring that all citizens perform their proper duty to the Computer. During the night, he must kill someone who did not contribute in any way (i.e. vote or point out suspicions) during the previous Day phase, unless nobody did that (aside from people wearing Troubleshooting Battle Suits). (He replaces the autolynch mechanic, to discourage vote-a-day-miss-a-day strategies while not being overly harsh. If people say they will be gone, I may allow the Red armsman to not kill them but still survive) If at least one person failed to perform their duty but he does not kill anyone, the suit kills him instead.
    • All citizens may participate in the election for the Red suit , the election for the Orange suit, point out people they find suspicious and think should be troubleshooted, or any combination of the above. Forms will be provided for all of these things. For each election, any citizen may either nominate another citizen or second another citizen's nomination (You cannot nominate yourself or second your own nomination). Any person who has been nominated and had their nomination seconded becomes a Candidate. In addition to nominating people, people may vote for the Candidate they believe to be the most worthy of the suit in question (You may vote for yourself). Whoever has the most votes wins. In the case of a tied vote, the following steps will be taken.
      1. If one of the people in the tie is already wearing the armor in the election, they win the tie (Even if they don't want to).
      2. If that is not the case, either Candidate may allow the other to win the tie if they wish.
      3. If neither of these things occur, PURGE may intervene in the election, resolving the tie in the way of their choice.
      4. If PURGE does not intervene, the tie is resolved at random.
    • To avoid confusion in the election process, votecounts will be provided at regularish intervals.
    • People currently wearing whichever suit of armor are always Candidates in that election, and automatically vote for theirselves.
    • Armor changes hands at the end of day phases, immediately after the lynch is decided. If someone is lynched, their vote still counts in that Day.
    • You may pre-emptively submit nominations/votes for the next Day phase during the night.
    • The person wearing Orange armor may pre-emptively submit his target via PM if he will be away. The kill will occur 48 hours after start of day.

Roles: Vanilla, no powerroles of any sort. Wolves know each other at the start. There may be one or two secret neutral roles if there are lots of players, but probably not.

Meanwhile, SPRING BREAK WEREWOLF MAADNEEEESSSS has begun! Dethy VIII and Tiny WW submitted for approval.
    Last edited by Saposhiente; 2012-03-25 at 07:15 PM.

Spoiler
    Show

27. - Top - End - #837
    Troll in the Playground

Reserve places to these 2 for me.

28. - Top - End - #838
    Dwarf in the Playground

I do so hope I can get a spot in Dethy, but I was in the last one (one of my few wins, if I recall). Fingers crossed not a lot of people show up...
    Awesome Lion Avatar by the wonderful Mr. Saturn. Thanks

I have a bloog now. Go check it out if you love strange poetry.

29. - Top - End - #839
    Pixie in the Playground

*wants to play in dethy*
    And with each passing moment the mystery will become more tantalizing. Your imagination will inflame, but so will your frustration. Never knowing, only guessing, what could possibly be inside that box.

30. - Top - End - #840

Tiny WW and Dethy VIII are up!

Spoiler
    Show