New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 10 of 50 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718192035 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #271
    Colossus in the Playground

Default Re: My Little Pony XXII: Surprise!

Disclaimer: Post was written late and about high-mind stuff. May be full of dumb

Quote Originally Posted by SiuiS View Post
    Well, some of us like ponies.
    Some of us like ponies.
    Some of us like to act like we like ponies.
    Some of us enjoy obfuscating who is who.
    And some of us are into irony and satire.

I trust that clears things up exactly as much as I want it to?
    I think we need to start an Inquisition. Find out who here likes what for real and why!

CUTIE MARK CRUSADERS INQUISITORS YAY!

You there! Kyouhen! DO YOU CLOP TO PONIES?!

And, apologies for the the rant. This isn't aimed at you! It's just I'm in rant-mode and you opened the topic. So! Please don't feel bad, mate. Just a chance to share my views
    feet are weird and smell bad
    And you are content to be a troll?
    Also, Moby **** is entirely worth reading if youcan handle the language. I myself have to reread it. I can only remember the first like, sixth of the book.
    Board Filter: SUCK IT, CLASSICAL LITERATURE!

Everything but Gem must be destroyed makes sense to me so far.
    Gem is fine. I MADE it fine.

They're optional? They seem pretty hard-wired in to me.
    Granted, they are the last mechanic I actually read through. It got really, really boring afterwards. I kinda figured out the three damage types but that's pretty much it.
    As mechanics go, they're pretty tertiary (an optional resource to improve an existing dice pool). They should be more centre stage by a long way.

well, this is world of darkness, right? You aren't supposed to actually win anything in any WW game I've ever seen. Werewolf, vampire, changeling, even recent editions of ravenloft. All really really horrible for anyone who wants to 'win' at their roleplaying.
    Oh, I can certainly win Mage, at least. I define winning as overcoming my characters' own hubris.

Maybe they don't want you to be able to combat sentient moons. It should be a losing proposition.
    But it's not. We beat them before, that's how this story starts.

Also, I like the bland description of the mass combat system. It's better than most. Does it work at all, if you assume there is a distinct lack of exalted?
    Okay, Mass Combat's terrible for the following reasons:

- Army of celestial dieties vs. one really cool Solar and his handful of broom-wielding commoners: The outcome is less obvious than you'd think. The mortals won't even get scratched.
    - WMD spells, like Death of Obsidian Butterflies, don't, say, wipe out armies as they would normally. The only bonuses they get against formations are increased morale damage. Which applied against zombies...

Well. DOB vs. zombies in narrative time: Zombies all instantly die
    DOB vs. zombies in mass combat time: Zombies take relatively minor damage.

In the situation where there are no Exalted or magical bulldust of any kind, the system works fine. The game is called Exalted.

well, it's less my complaint and more a common complaint of others. My dislike is the implied cap, in a system that feels like caps are counterproductive.

I'm going to stop there though, because I don't have a legto stand on. Gouge played, and I've perused; I must defer to those cold unblinking pale white disks that gaze upon me so impassively.
    No, caps are excellent. Bob the Sniper, you are now the greatest sniper who ever lived. Now what? Time to go out and develop some cross section of interesting skills! Time to learn how to use Stealth to help you be a better sniper! Time to use Athletics to help you be a better sniper! Time to build up your stamina to let you stay awake for days while waiting to snipe your next target! Your ability to aim the gun is as high as it can get, go learn yourself some complimentary skills.

First, I am upset at you in a fashion where it's real upset-ness, but it mostly exists as something I can laugh at, and tell you about so you can get a laugh out of it too. See, I read your post, but then I had to mop. So I was talking to myself about the answer, when I realized I care about your opinion enough that I should probably be talking to you about this, not myself. So I am now struggling to remember all of what I said XD
    -
    I'm kind of honoured you'd go to the trouble of articulating your personal philosophy to win my respect, I'll do my best to understand and respond.

Spoiler
    Show
    I thought that was poorly phrased. So I will begin a spiel which should, at length, convey what I mean.

Might makes Right is not something I believe in. I actively campaign against it. I'd prefer that Right makes Might, but whatever. That is a slippery moral slope if ever there was one.

What I meant is that you will lose. Always. As you struggle towards some endeavor or another, the odds of you failing become one. This is important when you consider that martial arts, or at least, using martial arts, is inherently a thing of conflict.
    I'm not sure I accept this core belief. Failure is subjective. What I count as a failure in, say, drawing today would be a ridiculously amazing success 100 days ago. Changing goalposts is not the same as inevitable defeat.

Might makes right is heuristic. Whether or not it is true, you can operate as if it were true and achieve results in keeping with that hypothesis. It defines a paradigm you can live by. It is, in effect, true. Even though other things are also true which directly contradict it. Because life is deliciously1 complicated. And because this is true, it is something that you, as a budding martial artist, need to learn. General you, by the way. Anyway...

Might makes right. If we have conflict, and I win, I'm right. This is important because if I lose, I'm wrong. If you stand up, you may be hammered down. It is a fact of standing up.
    Likewise, I disagree with this. It's a matter of perspective and time. The first man who stood up against Qadaffi's rule was hammered down. He was right. Qadaffi was wrong. And now, decades later, more people have stood up and hammered Qadaffi down. They were right all along. It was a matter of scale, not morality.

Worse, there are times where escalation happens. You 'win' and the other guy's rebuttal is 4 inches of steel through your pericardium2, and there is very little counter-argument left at that point. Restraint is hard. Disagreeing with someone and not using Maximum Force is hard. Good Gracious is it hard. Any time you do the right thing, there is a chance that your life will be stripped from you because someone else needs to prove how much more right they are than you. It. Will. Happen.

Acceptance of this is important. It's the old, thrown-around-casually samurai edict thing. Be ready to die. Don't court death; don't act irrationally or brashly. Do not be ruled by petty emotions. But if something is important enough to fight for, it had better be important enough to die for, because that is what is going to happen.
    I have beliefs I'd die for. I also have a whole bunch of I'd babblingly recant if held at swordpoint.

And yet it's more than that. See, my life philosophy depends very much on the fact that I'm 'worthless' I have no unique value. And before you freak out about that, I mean that in any situation with more than one person, it doesn't matter which of those two or more I am.
    Hm. I feel I must illustrate this.
    Person 1 points a gun at person 2. Person 3 jumps in the way and gets shot, and dies. It doesn't matter who is who, really. In the grand scheme of things, I gave my life for another man. Another man gave his life for me. I just murdered someone. It's all the same. The situation is the same no matter how I'm connected to it. Sometimes this overwhelms me with compassion, other times, I disregard all life equally. Most of the time I'm in the middle and I like ponies because they push me towards the "compassion" end of things.

Anyway. I'm 'worthless' because my loss is just as bad as anypony else's. Any decision I make, I am making for another human being. When that decision involves violence on any scale, or control of a situation, it's that much harder. Knowing I will, eventually, meet that End of Ends, means knowing I will, eventually, send somepony else along that road.

And when it happens, I'm right. Because I won. Right?

Except, no. Just as it's possible tone right but to lose, you will one day have to deal with winning, and then finding out you were wrong. That's heavy. The weight on the soul of knowing that you imposed your will upon another, and everything you did was horrible and wrong and backwards is one of the worst feelings in the world. It's in those moments that I pray my compassion doesn't flair up, because that knife cuts deep.
    There's a lot of thought and emotion in this passage, a lot of which I can't rationally or reasonably respond to. I understand the centrality of the thought and how it can come to define, to be one of those aspects of Truth that forms the core of one's mindscape. It's not compatible with the Truths that make up mine, but that does not mean either is lesser. I respect that you have such a unique truth to call yours.

As a martial artist, or any sort of crusader for any sort of cause, you need to be ready to deal with the consequences of your actions. That in the dark of the night, years later, you may find yourself awake, eyes being rended from behind by the ethereal claws of distant memories, drudging out past grievances made before your current standards, but still using those standards to pass judgement.
    Yes. That is a thing that happens. I used to beat myself up for stuff all the time and use that as an excuse to hide, a reason why I wasn't good enough.

I stopped doing that. I started accepting my growth as necessary. Rather than being haunted by my memories, I started going into them, immersing myself in them until they tell me the lesson I had to learn from them. I feel much stronger because of it.

Might makes Right was something I tossed out for the sole purpose of contrasting and highlighting the much more important Obligation Towards Those Beneath You. I am capable of inflicting grievous harm, psychological torture, and worse on others, probably without them knowing. I can get away with it. And the only way I can sleep at night is knowing that I would almost never do any of these things. I cut my silhouette in the negative. I am that which I am not.
    I do the reverse. I define myself in positives, and my task comes in choosing which positives to add to my character. Virtue ethics are out of vogue in contemporary philosophy, but I find myself having the most affinity with them by far. I want to be a better person, so I ask myself, what does a better person need? Courage? Skill? Discipline? I chose the qualities that I admire and respect and add them to myself. Morally, I try to be the person I would like to be making the decisions. I don't define myself in the negative because I don't feel inclined to respect people who would make the wrong choices enough to accept their world views as anything other than lacking.

When raising children, my one goal is to make them into better people than I myself am. And I've seen time and again, through many things (including your learning to draw thread!) that if your choice is learn two related things at once, or learn them separately, you are better learning them together. For something as important to me as the future moral fiber of another human being, I think teaching them as much of the 'proper systems' at a time as possible is a good idea. Teaching a child responsibility, at the same time as letting them exercise responsibility, and suffer consequences for that responsibility3. And if I can help teach them at a time in their lives when the serious consequences, the serious troubles aren't an issue yet, so much the better.

It's going to be hard, to be sure. Children learn things differently than adults. Methods of transmission that work, me to you, won't work me to them. There will be a lot of studying. Around 10 years worth, before anything serious is transmitted purposefully.
    My theoretical path for my children is to teach them how to be happy. Greatest skill I ever learned was what makes me happy. I can live out my entire life as a pizza place worker and be happy. Everything else - money, fame, fortune - is going to be icing on the cake.

This entire rant is brought to you by 'I've thought of this slowly over the last ten years, and it's very hard to separate it into discrete components'(tm). This is as close to a sliver as I can give you while still feeling like I'm showing you a complete picture.
    I appreciate it. Ask me again later if you ever want to hear my moral framework.

nice. Last actual dojo I went to had a simple creed so it would make sense for us lazy Californians.
    Train hard.
    Be humble.
    Fight dirty.
    Problem with 'fighting dirty' as a phrase implies that, when a fight comes up, you want to be in it to win it. You don't. A fight, no one wins. When a fight happens your objective is to walk away safely to a place where there is no fighting. Doesn't matter how that happens.

I take it to mean that when fighting happens, the time for diplomacy is past. I'm not sure if I agree with the sentiment, but I can understand it.
    Sadly, I'm sure most people fixate on part three rather than one and two, which are way more important. Train hard, be humble. Good advice. There was also the motto of the art itself, but that's a list of keywords, really. Mind: concentration, discipline, knowledge. Body: physical fitness, proficiency, self defense. Spirit: attitude, dedication, self control. I am feeling a distinct amount of philosophy envy, here. I fear I had one of those sport martial arts that claimed to be a koryu, given the evidence.
    My dojo is fantastic. They focus infinitely on the details that matter so that in a grading test when they ask you to perform a reverse back kick that you've never done before you do it first try and break a board.

Illustrated.

You actually took hypnosis in school? I mean, seriously?
    Sure. Technique one, I can get people to believe anything about Australia
    Last edited by Thanqol; 2011-09-06 at 10:43 AM.

2. - Top - End - #272
    Troll in the Playground

It is amazing.
    I also feel the need to point out that, before the picture of Twilight Sparkle 'clopping' to her monitor came along, clop was a generic horse-pun whose only association was with 'clap'.
    So they may be an old, innocent company.
    It's the sound horse hooves are supposed to make.

I took the one where you get fed up with other people and continue giving orders without any care for their opinions. Except I think I'm selling it wrong. But I'm sure you know what I mean.
    Had to look it up, but the Conviction Flaw Heart of Flint? You have no emotional attachment to anyone or anything, and value only efficiency in your actions and orders?

That's fair. But I have to set the record straight, that you 'tricked' her into doing something she wanted to do anyway.
    *shrug*
    She has this annoying habit of being her own person. Believe me, her having autonomy has been one hay of a speedbump at times
    Yeah, except it confused you for a moment too.

I'm implying Braz is into me. I've tried getting her to get a girlfriend many a time, but she insists on sticking around
    So, you're saying Braz is SiuiS-sexual, but you're not Braz-sexual?

Interesting. I'll have to look into those. Names? Or is that what you meant by Solaroid?
    Half-Castes is the name. Solaroid is the group term for Solars, Abyssals and Infernals, as they all have Solar Exaltations as a base.

Ah, pattern spiders. Reason for the entropic decay in WW:tA. Constantly binding the matrix of causality tighter in their web. Reducing all success and failure pools.

I wish the action movie junkie thing showed up in WW:tA, would make the game less bleak. Though I guess I can't complain about a game called 'the Appocalypse' being a bleak and losing proposition.
    In Exalted, they just monitor reality and make sure it doesn't collapse. I don't think they have a motivation beyond making sure the Web remains untangled and intact.

Everything but Gem must be destroyed makes sense to me so far.
    It's basically an in joke, and I think a few of the published modules feature it. Any "you must defend a city" or "you must destroy a city" games tend to feature Gem a the city in question.

They're optional? They seem pretty hard-wired in to me.
    Granted, they are the last mechanic I actually read through. It got really, really boring afterwards. I kinda figured out the three damage types but that's pretty much it.
    Yeah, I don't know where he got that either.

well, this is world of darkness, right? You aren't supposed to actually win anything in any WW game I've ever seen. Werewolf, vampire, changeling, even recent editions of ravenloft. All really really horrible for anyone who wants to 'win' at their roleplaying.

Maybe they don't want you to be able to combat sentient moons. It should be a losing proposition.
    I think he meant Exalted. Could be wrong though.

Also, I like the bland description of the mass combat system. It's better than most. Does it work at all, if you assume there is a distinct lack of exalted?
    There's also the inside joke that Armies are Pants.

Quote Originally Posted by Nomar View Post
    Every time I see another botched MLP toy, the temptation to build a RepRap gets stronger.
    If you build one, can you make one for the rest of us?
    Thanks to Dirty Tabs for the Travis pony.

Spoiler
    Show

Thanks to A Thousand Words for the My Little Simhata avatar, and thanks to Trixie for fixing the cropping.

Breakdown Twilight from Pony Halloween celebration, thanks to Thanqol.

Thanks to Akrim.Elf for the awesome Laharl pony.

3. - Top - End - #273
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Thanqol View Post
    I think we need to start an Inquisition. Find out who here likes what for real and why!

Spoilered for pseudo-RP:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Why?! Why did you have to open Pandora's box?

"Was someone looking to start up an Inquisition?"

No! You aren't allowed out of my brain in ponythread!

"But I'm so eager to meet all of your colorful little friends."

Get back in the dark corner I bury you in, Tarin!
    Excuse me one sec, ponythread.

*Wildshapes to Adamantium Golem and chases the Inquisitor off*
    This Machine Surrounds Hate And Forces It To Surrender

Quote Originally Posted by Anarion View Post
    DD, your unicorn is stronger, prettier, and higher-ranking than mine, and her secret lab has a better name than mine. THERE SHALL BE NO QUARTER.
    Ponythread Learns to Draw!

Spoiler
    Show
    Bleeeeh! Alfalfa Monster!

4. - Top - End - #274
    Ogre in the Playground

GAH! Um... Uh... Depends on your definition of 'clop'. Are we talking 'clop' as in the sound ponies make when they walk around or are we talking 'clop' as in OHGODSTHERE'SFIREANDSAPEVERYWHEREGETITOFF!!!!

5. - Top - End - #275
    Colossus in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Kyouhen View Post
    GAH! Um... Uh... Depends on your definition of 'clop'. Are we talking 'clop' as in the sound ponies make when they walk around or are we talking 'clop' as in OHGODSTHERE'SFIREANDSAPEVERYWHEREGETITOFF!!!!
    Kyouhen, you clop to weird stuff.

WHAT ABOUT THE REST OF YOU?

6. - Top - End - #276
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Kyouhen View Post
    Evasion techniques, go! Although I ca-

-erm...
    Last edited by Titanium Fox; 2011-09-06 at 10:56 AM.
    Avatar by DirtyTabs in the Adopt-A-Pony thread.

Thank you all so much for voting!
    Co-Winner of Rainbow Dash in the Playground!
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by TheAmishPirate View Post
    For your dedication to ponies and giving us all entertainment with your quote tree o' doom, I hereby award you the Louisianan Purchase. How can I do that? Long story short, let's just say I picked a doozy of a poker game to go "all in".

7. - Top - End - #277
    Titan in the Playground

As I both literally and figuratively lack the relevant anatomical features for any definition of "clop", I can safely say that I do not.

8. - Top - End - #278
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Aotrs Commander View Post
    As I both literally and figuratively lack the relevant anatomical features for any definition of "clop", I can safely say that I do not.
    *gives the commander a coconut, cut in two and hollowed out* Here you go.
    Thanks to Dirty Tabs for the Travis pony.

Spoiler
    Show

Thanks to A Thousand Words for the My Little Simhata avatar, and thanks to Trixie for fixing the cropping.

Breakdown Twilight from Pony Halloween celebration, thanks to Thanqol.

Thanks to Akrim.Elf for the awesome Laharl pony.

9. - Top - End - #279
    Barbarian in the Playground

I have no idea what you are talking about. I just watch this show for the plot

...and the socks

...and now, apparently, sweaters too:
    Spoiler
    Show

Answer to the question: You don't wanna know.
    "Why is it that we receive a penny for our thoughts, but have to put in our 2 cents?"

Previous Avatars:
    Spoiler
    Show

I got an award!
    Spoiler
    Show

Fluttershy in the Playground - third place

10. - Top - End - #280

No, not that I think it's wrong, I just find it odd.

PS is this even appropriate by the boards standards?

PPS Desktop ponies are the cutest things that will EVER be on my computer and they administer doses of cute to support life functions so win-win. Now unfortunately because of my schedule, back to school for Calculus. I still think looking at cute ponies for a few hours would be more constructive use of my time.
    My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic: The Thread, The Game, The Tumblr.
    Human Crossings Avatar made by Thanqol

11. - Top - End - #281
    Orc in the Playground

Erm... New subject time maybe?

12. - Top - End - #282
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by monkeyboyinc View Post
    Erm... New subject time maybe?
    Okay!
    Let me think...
    Season 2 predictions?
    Credit for my various avatars goes to Dashwood,Cealocanth,Kwarkpudding,Randomizer,kpengu in,Alarra,Bisected8,zimmerwald1915, and Thanqol.

Once known as "Gamerkid".

13. - Top - End - #283
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Gamerlord View Post
    Okay!
    Let me think...
    Season 2 predictions?
    There will be ponies. So many ponies.

14. - Top - End - #284

Quote Originally Posted by PhoeKun View Post
    *GASP*

No. Way. I don't believe it.

Spoiler
    Show
    For your dedication to ponies and giving us all entertainment with your quote tree o' doom, I hereby award you the Louisianan Purchase. How can I do that? Long story short, let's just say I picked a doozy of a poker game to go "all in".

15. - Top - End - #285
    Pixie in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Titanium Fox View Post
    Please do. I'd pay like 50 bucks per show accurate toy. (Twilight with the correct eyes, and Applejack with her hat PROPERLY ATTACHED would easily be my first requests.)
    Well, considering that a 3D-printed figurine would still require:
    • finishing,
    • installation (if doll hair) or painting (if printed) of mane and tail,
    • painting of eyes, cutie mark, and possibly other features, and
    • shipping (not the ponythread kind either),

all of which would have to be done by hand, 50 bucks might not even be enough to cover costs. Volume is still king, and will remain so for the foreseeable future.

Oh, and that's without the expected costs of losing the inevitable trademark lawsuit(s) against Hasbro. That would add several zeroes. I figure the most one could get away with is small-scale printing selling of blanks, and even that would be risky if done over the 'net as opposed to face-to-face with the nerds who hang out at your local fab lab.

Which reminds me that there is a local fab lab where I live. I'll need to go find out if the local nerds are bronies. And learn to use CAD. And study 3D printing. And there's probably something else I forgot…

How about finishing your damn degree? If students got tenure…

Shut up, conscience.

16. - Top - End - #286
    Ettin in the Playground

That is extremely improbable.
    Credit for my various avatars goes to Dashwood,Cealocanth,Kwarkpudding,Randomizer,kpengu in,Alarra,Bisected8,zimmerwald1915, and Thanqol.

17. - Top - End - #287
    Orc in the Playground

I dunno why, But I want Rainbow Dash to say something which Charlie Sheen has said.

I predict that one of the more famous fan works will get a subtle shout out.

Also, I estimate that Friendship is Magic will last 4 seasons in total.

18. - Top - End - #288
    Firbolg in the Playground

I disagree, I believe it will have so much pony!
    Ask me about our low price vacation plans in the Elemental Plane of Puppies and Pie
    Spoiler
    Show

Evoker avatar by kpenguin. Evoker Pony by Dirtytabs. Grey Mouser, disciple of cupcakes by me. Any and all commiepuppies by BRC

19. - Top - End - #289
    Ogre in the Playground

I dunno why, But I want Rainbow Dash to say something which Charlie Sheen has said.

Nope, the writers don't read fanfics. Assuming you're talking about fanfics getting a shout out. They're literally not allowed to read them due to massive amounts of potential legal issues.

20. - Top - End - #290
    Ettin in the Playground

My actual predictions, with a 1-5 scale expressing how likely I believe it will happen, 1 meaning "Unlikely,but if it does happen I wouldn't be surprised" and 5 meaning "I am almost certain this will happen":
    *There will be a newspaper called "Equestria Daily" shown or referenced at some point. 5.
    *The new season will be slightly more adventure and/or action oriented then the first. 3.
    *Male characters will play a slightly larger role. 2.
    *There will be an episode where Spike tries to find his parents. In the end he realizes that it doesn't matter if Twilight isn't related to him, she still is family. 3.
    *Trixie will return. 5.
    *Gilda will return. 4.
    *Blueblood will return. 4.
    *The Wonderbolts will return. 5.
    *We will see more mane cast parents. 5.
    *Someone will at some point say "Friends,bronies,countrymen, lend me your ears!" 2.
    *There will be at least one more CMC episode, sadly. 5.
    *There will be at least one new addition to the mane cast. Why? One word: Hasbro. 1.
    *There will be a conspiracy theory nut who will be used to parody the "Celestia is a tyrant" theory. 3.
    *It will be a good season. 11.
    Last edited by Gamerlord; 2011-09-06 at 12:22 PM.

21. - Top - End - #291
    Ettin in the Playground

What?

Are you insane?

22. - Top - End - #292
    Titan in the Playground

I personally suspect there'll only be 3 seasons, and sadly I wouldn't be surprised if we only get 2. I don't think odds are high for 4, but maybe I'm a pessimist.

23. - Top - End - #293
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Deadly View Post
    I personally suspect there'll only be 3 seasons, and sadly I wouldn't be surprised if we only get 2. I don't think odds are high for 4, but maybe I'm a pessimist.
    I was actually thinking the same thing. Though I doubt we'll only get 2 seasons, according to Hasbro isn't it their second-highest rated show (At least when s1 first aired)? It does make me wonder what G5 will be like though...
    Last edited by Gamerlord; 2011-09-06 at 12:48 PM.

24. - Top - End - #294

Quote Originally Posted by Kurgan View Post
    Good luck mate! My internship is starting today too! I've been up since 5 in the morning, since apparently I can shift my sleep schedule by 12 hours in under two days, but I cannot convince myself to not give myself 2 hours of me time before work.

Anyways, any chance I can get into this luck pool?
    Good luck!

It all makes sense now! But seriously, I'm beginning to think that no-one actually knows why Ponies with Socks are popular.
    Ponies with socks on are cute.

Problem with 'fighting dirty' as a phrase implies that, when a fight comes up, you want to be in it to win it. You don't. A fight, no one wins. When a fight happens your objective is to walk away safely to a place where there is no fighting. Doesn't matter how that happens.
    May I sig this?

25. - Top - End - #295
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Kurgan View Post
    Good luck mate! My internship is starting today too! I've been up since 5 in the morning, since apparently I can shift my sleep schedule by 12 hours in under two days, but I cannot convince myself to not give myself 2 hours of me time before work.
    Sorry, did not see your post earlier. Good luck!

26. - Top - End - #296

Quote Originally Posted by Grif View Post
    What?

Are you insane?
    Ponysane.

Quote Originally Posted by Deadly View Post
    I really hope it's more than four, but somehow I doubt it. Where does the precedent sit for MLP seasons? How many seasons did Gen 1, 2, and 3 have respectively?

---

Also. Relevant to the earlier discussion.

Ponies in socks.

Spoiler
    Show
    Last edited by Titanium Fox; 2011-09-06 at 01:08 PM.

Spoiler
    Show

27. - Top - End - #297
    Ettin in the Playground

I really hope it's more than four, but somehow I doubt it. Where does the precedent sit for MLP seasons? How many seasons did Gen 1, 2, and 3 have respectively?
    I can only find the ones for the first one and My Little Pony Tales, but for each of them:
    MLP and friends: The two original standalone episodes, plus a 48 episode first season (Though many of them are multi-parts) and a 13 episode second season.
    MLP tales: 26 episodes I assume are from the first and apparently only season.
    Note: This is quickly taken from Wikipedia within the span of a few minutes, and I most likely derped something. We should probably summon WJMill for a better answer.
    EDIT:Just sent her a PM, hopefully all shall be revealed shortly.
    Last edited by Gamerlord; 2011-09-06 at 01:17 PM.

28. - Top - End - #298

As part of a school assignment, and not just one for me to try and drive out bronies, Can someone find me a picture of Trixie shooting off fireworks something like this. If possible is there one with as little background as possible, just Trixie posing with various fireworks if there are any that is.
    My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic: The Thread, The Game, The Tumblr.
    Human Crossings Avatar made by Thanqol

29. - Top - End - #299
    Firbolg in the Playground

Ponies in socks.

Spoiler
    Show
    My reply:
    Spoiler
    Show

edit- spoiled for terribleness, mafianess, and applies
    Spoiler
    Show

The apple mafia strikes again!
    Last edited by MCerberus; 2011-09-06 at 02:14 PM.
    Ask me about our low price vacation plans in the Elemental Plane of Puppies and Pie
    Spoiler
    Show

Evoker avatar by kpenguin. Evoker Pony by Dirtytabs. Grey Mouser, disciple of cupcakes by me. Any and all commiepuppies by BRC

30. - Top - End - #300
    Troll in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Grif View Post
    What?

Are you insane?
    most of society would certainly say so

we just havent inducted them into the herd yet
    Ponies not only make ME want to be a better person than I was before they entered my life, they make me want to HELP OTHERS be better people too.

And that is a GOOD thing by any definition.

full size avatar