New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 17 of 50 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141516171819202122232425262742 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #481
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: [BitP:R] BleachITP Reborn OOC Thread 18: Peek-a-boo style PAWNCH!

Quote Originally Posted by Kuroimaken View Post
    Certainly sounds better than Taiyouha or Geppa.
    ( ̄∇ ̄;)
    ( ̄∇ ̄;)( ̄∇ ̄;)It is a joke I hope but unsure feeling.
    Kasanip's Sketchbook 2 Thread
    It is difficult to speak English, please excuse mistakes kindly m(_ _)m

2. - Top - End - #482
    Titan in the Playground

It's implied that a Hollow needs to be killed in a certain way for the soul to be reincarnated, as well.
    Last edited by tgva8889; 2011-09-19 at 01:01 PM.
    Thanks to araveugnitsuga for my Pika-tar!
    PTU: Alyssa OOC IC

3. - Top - End - #483
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by tgva8889 View Post
    It's implied that a Hollow needs to be killed in a certain way for the soul to be reincarnated, as well.
    That's where i got confused, actually. Since everything else needs to be killed with a zanpakuto to be purified, I thought Shinigami had to as well.
    Sir Dan Avatar by Mrgone!

4. - Top - End - #484
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by riccaru View Post
    That's where i got confused, actually. Since everything else needs to be killed with a zanpakuto to be purified, I thought Shinigami had to as well.
    I believe it's only Hollows, probably because they've been so corrupted by the process that led to them becoming a Hollow that a special treatment is needed.
    My Unitarian Jihad name is Brother Rail Gun of Sweet Reason. Get yours!

Thanks to Cealocanth and PersonalSavior for my avatars!
    Spoiler
    Show

5. - Top - End - #485

Quote Originally Posted by Sucrose View Post
    I believe it's only Hollows, probably because they've been so corrupted by the process that led to them becoming a Hollow that a special treatment is needed.
    Well Konso is performed with a zanpakuto isn't it?

6. - Top - End - #486
    Ettin in the Playground

I do believe that only a plus soul (a human soul or shinigami) can enter the cycle of reincarnation, a minus soul (hollow or menos) needs to be purified back into a plus soul before it can reenter the cycle, thus a hollow who dies without being purified/consumed merely reforms into a different hollow.

That said a zanpakutou is not only the sword of a shinigami/arrancar and they are not killable solely by these personal weapons of choice. I do recall that any weapon forged in soul society/hueco mundo using spiritual materials is a zanpakutou (a soul-cutting sword). There were 'spiritless blades" mentioned at one point of the manga, after all.

Basically, it is a reduction of the fact that mundane weaponry cannot harm spiritual beings, only spiritual matter or spirit energy-enhanced common materials can actually harm spiritual beings.
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

Homebrewing

7. - Top - End - #487
    Dwarf in the Playground

As for executions, Magatsu hasn't changed anything yet. He's fully aware that he's only Acting Captain at the moment, and wants the legitimacy of a shiny new haori before he even thinks about upsetting the Division's traditions.
    If you're in a fair fight, your tactics suck.

Quote Originally Posted by Rallicus
    I picture some NPC kid running up to the wearer, going "Sir... why are you wearing a chopped off hand?", at which point the wearer launches the kid's hat 15 feet away and snarls, "DO YOU UNDERSTAND NOW? THIS IS TRUE POWER!"

8. - Top - End - #488
    Ettin in the Playground

Only Hollows need to be killed to be purified. Konso does not destroy, it simply transfers a soul and relieves them from their karmic burdens.

Shinigami, as a beings of Heaven, are already pure and free of burdens by their very nature. As such, their souls are free to move back to earth once their bodies are destroyed... barring some special interference of the process.
    "It's the fate of all things under the sky,
    to grow old and wither and die."

9. - Top - End - #489
    Orc in the Playground

Forgive my latency for posting.
    I've had some technical difficulties.

10. - Top - End - #490
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Frozen_Feet View Post
    Only Hollows need to be killed to be purified. Konso does not destroy, it simply transfers a soul and relieves them from their karmic burdens.

Shinigami, as a beings of Heaven, are already pure and free of burdens by their very nature. As such, their souls are free to move back to earth once their bodies are destroyed... barring some special interference of the process.
    But a Plus cannot do the same. A Plus, if in the Mortal World, requires the assistance of a Shinigami to reach the Soul Society. Right? I mean, that's what Konso is for, isn't it?

11. - Top - End - #491
    Dwarf in the Playground

But a Plus cannot do the same. A Plus, if in the Mortal World, requires the assistance of a Shinigami to reach the Soul Society. Right? I mean, that's what Konso is for, isn't it?
    Konso is for giving Pluses that're "caught" somehow a little push to cross over; having every Plus require Konso for reincarnation requires absurd numbers of Shinigami.
    If you're in a fair fight, your tactics suck.

Quote Originally Posted by Rallicus
    I picture some NPC kid running up to the wearer, going "Sir... why are you wearing a chopped off hand?", at which point the wearer launches the kid's hat 15 feet away and snarls, "DO YOU UNDERSTAND NOW? THIS IS TRUE POWER!"

12. - Top - End - #492
    Titan in the Playground

Right. But a "human soul" is not a Plus, they're a Human. Those things were, I thought, different. A Human that dies is, unless somehow caught, sent over to Soul Society automatically (and apparently with a chance of losing all their memories). Unless there are a lot more Minuses than I thought.

13. - Top - End - #493
    Ettin in the Playground

Actually it is, a soul with the chain in its chest is a plus, when in soul society it forms a reishi body for itself and remains a plus. A shinigami is also a plus soul.

A minus soul is a hollow or a menos.
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

Homebrewing

14. - Top - End - #494
    Titan in the Playground

Well I guess that's the confusion. So when a body dies, it's soul can either be stuck in the mortal world or released somehow and sent on to the Soul Society by itself?

15. - Top - End - #495
    Orc in the Playground

Hey guys. Sorry for holding up any plots lately. Is there anything I should do now?
    How is my roleplaying? Feel free to send me thoughts and/or constructive criticism.
    Quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Moff Chumley View Post
    ...and now I'm imagine Yoda as a DJ. Thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cracklord View Post
    We've already got a perfectly rational explanation. We don't need to get Ponies involved.

16. - Top - End - #496
    Ogre in the Playground

Hayashi Daisuke and Hayashi Takeshi, Commanders of the Hayashi House Guard
    Spoiler
    Show
    Appearance
    Spoiler
    Show
    The two brothers look almost identical, with brown hair, hazel eyes, and light skin (although their build is very Japanese, their coloring makes it quite obvious there’s European heritage). They can be generally found wearing a rather light version of Samurai armor, which provides some protection, but focuses on mobility.

Personality
    Spoiler
    Show
    Although they look similar, the two brothers have very different personalities, although their core values of loyalty to family, friends, Soul Society and each other (not in any specific order) are the same. Daisuke is the joker of the pair, often cracking jokes, and making it his job to relieve tension, while Takeshi is a lot more serious. The pair are rather friendly and outgoing, and can often be found out and around Seretei (and sometimes the Rukongai) on their time off. They often volunteer for the ‘volunteer missions’ that the Hayashi send out to the Rukongai in addition to their regular duties, and also train hard to keep their skills up.

Powers and Abilities
    Spoiler
    Show
    Zanjutsu: Both brothers are quite capable swordsmen, having both attained Shikai. Takeshi, however, is a lot better at it than Daisuke.
    Hoho: The brothers are fair at Hoho, especially Shunpo, but they’re much more focused on long-range Shunpo than short-range- they might be able to cross half of Seretei in a few seconds, but they almost never use Shunpo in actual combat, preferring to fight from one position.
    Kido: Both brothers have some ability with Kido, but Daisuke is far better at it than Takeshi- the former can cast up to 33 without incantation (and 70 with) while the latter requires incantation to cast any above 10, and can’t go much above 40.
    Hakuda: Middling. They’re both quite good at pure martial arts, but spiritual hand-to-hand? Forget it.

Zanpaktou
    Spoiler
    Show
    Both Zanpaktou, when sealed, look like average Katanas.
    Hayashi Daisuke
    日刃 Nichijin (Blade of the Sun)
    Release: "Shine brilliantly, Nichijin!"
    When released, Nichijin starts to glow with a bright light. It gains the ability to fire off 'blasts' of energy, which are rather hot (and, also, quite hard to avoid due to the speed at which these blasts travel).
    Hayashi Takeshi
    月刃 Tsukiha (Blade of the Moon)
    Release: "Reflect and confuse, Tsukiha."
    Tsukiha, when released, starts to glow with a soft light. This glow 'spreads out' over an area, and it is rather difficult to tell where, exactly, the blade is at any given time- it tends . Not impossible- but you have to focus to tell, or judge from Takeshi's body, both of which may take concentration. It becomes harder to tell if there are bright light sources nearby.

Players of the first game will know where these two come from. They're intended to be side characters, but given that there's a chance of them getting into a fight if someone tried attacking the Hayashi mansion...

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Revlid View Post
    And so it was that Zaeed, Aang, Winry, Ezio, Sadoko and Snow White all set out on their epic journey to destroy The Empire.

God I love Exalted.

Gold Dragon avatar by Serpentine

17. - Top - End - #497
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by horngeek View Post
    Hayashi Daisuke and Hayashi Takeshi, Commanders of the Hayashi House Guard
    Spoiler
    Show
    Appearance
    Spoiler
    Show
    The two brothers look almost identical, with brown hair, hazel eyes, and light skin (although their build is very Japanese, their coloring makes it quite obvious there’s European heritage). They can be generally found wearing a rather light version of Samurai armor, which provides some protection, but focuses on mobility.

Personality
    Spoiler
    Show
    Although they look similar, the two brothers have very different personalities, although their core values of loyalty to family, friends, Soul Society and each other (not in any specific order) are the same. Daisuke is the joker of the pair, often cracking jokes, and making it his job to relieve tension, while Takeshi is a lot more serious. The pair are rather friendly and outgoing, and can often be found out and around Seretei (and sometimes the Rukongai) on their time off. They often volunteer for the ‘volunteer missions’ that the Hayashi send out to the Rukongai in addition to their regular duties, and also train hard to keep their skills up.

Powers and Abilities
    Spoiler
    Show
    Zanjutsu: Both brothers are quite capable swordsmen, having both attained Shikai. Takeshi, however, is a lot better at it than Daisuke.
    Hoho: The brothers are fair at Hoho, especially Shunpo, but they’re much more focused on long-range Shunpo than short-range- they might be able to cross half of Seretei in a few seconds, but they almost never use Shunpo in actual combat, preferring to fight from one position.
    Kido: Both brothers have some ability with Kido, but Daisuke is far better at it than Takeshi- the former can cast up to 33 without incantation (and 70 with) while the latter requires incantation to cast any above 10, and can’t go much above 40.
    Hakuda: Middling. They’re both quite good at pure martial arts, but spiritual hand-to-hand? Forget it.

Zanpaktou
    Spoiler
    Show
    Both Zanpaktou, when sealed, look like average Katanas.
    Hayashi Daisuke
    日刃 Nichijin (Blade of the Sun)
    Release: "Shine brilliantly, Nichijin!"
    When released, Nichijin starts to glow with a bright light. It gains the ability to fire off 'blasts' of energy, which are rather hot (and, also, quite hard to avoid due to the speed at which these blasts travel).
    Hayashi Takeshi
    月刃 Tsukiha (Blade of the Moon)
    Release: "Reflect and confuse, Tsukiha."
    Tsukiha, when released, starts to glow with a soft light. This glow 'spreads out' over an area, and it is rather difficult to tell where, exactly, the blade is at any given time- it tends . Not impossible- but you have to focus to tell, or judge from Takeshi's body, both of which may take concentration. It becomes harder to tell if there are bright light sources nearby.

Players of the first game will know where these two come from. They're intended to be side characters, but given that there's a chance of them getting into a fight if someone tried attacking the Hayashi mansion...
    Tsukiha was Yori's zanpakutou. How did Takeshi obtain Tsukiha?

18. - Top - End - #498
    Ogre in the Playground

They're not direct ports: more like homages to the characters from the first game.

Because I know how bad ports are. And because either character, directly ported, would horribly, horribly break Reborn.

Their homage-status is also why they're side characters. They may play a minor role in the main plot, but that's all it'll be. Probably.

But if it's a major issue, I'll change it, just not sure to what...
    Last edited by horngeek; 2011-09-20 at 04:33 AM.

Spoiler
    Show
    And so it was that Zaeed, Aang, Winry, Ezio, Sadoko and Snow White all set out on their epic journey to destroy The Empire.

God I love Exalted.

19. - Top - End - #499
    Ogre in the Playground

Sorry. I was trying to make a joke.

20. - Top - End - #500
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Kasanip View Post
    Sorry. I was trying to make a joke.
    <.<
    >.>

I should really work on catching those ones... for some reason, although I like making jokes, they fly over my head about half of the time.

Spoiler
    Show

God I love Exalted.

21. - Top - End - #501
    Ettin in the Playground

Well I guess that's the confusion. So when a body dies, it's soul can either be stuck in the mortal world or released somehow and sent on to the Soul Society by itself?
    Yes. Think of it in the light of common tradition of ghosts: a soul of a person lingers on Earth if it has unfinished business. So it's not so much that some people are released by their own; rather, some people are too stubborn to let go.

22. - Top - End - #502
    Ettin in the Playground

Kobold

smile Re: [BitP:R] BleachITP Reborn OOC Thread 18: Peek-a-boo style PAWNCH!

If the first volume is anything to go by, Frozen is right. Especially considering that the first thing Ichigo does is help a Plus get peace.

Konso does seem a lot easier than beating people up, though.
    Treasured Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

Emphatic shirts.

Quote Originally Posted by SiuiS View Post

At first, it was the smiley faces and the mannerisms. Then, it was the infernal magpie. It struck a chord. A cutely fiendish, macabre chord.

An then I saw Keveak in the sorting hat and you are just the cutest thing when you want to be. My gosh look at that. It's squee-inducing.

23. - Top - End - #503

[B]"It's the result of a fairly close fight, Banzuke-san. Fighting to subdue instead of fighting to kill is really hard. Holding yourself back to keep the enemy from dying and yet slowing him down enough so he doesn't kill you... it gives me a deeper level of respect for the members of the 10th division.
    "Ahem?"
    "What he said."

*rest of onmitsukido* "Yes, we agree."

24. - Top - End - #504
    Orc in the Playground

Why would the Onmitsukidou even be listening?
    The Void, the Cold Steel, the Just Sword courtesy of Prime32.

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

I met a girl with a really pensive look. I walk up to her, put a fifty cent coin in her hand, "For your thoughts. I know the going rate is supposed to be one, but I figure you play hardball."

She gave it back, "Keep it. Pretty sure a guy with your charm can find a way to have them for free anyway."

25. - Top - End - #505

Didn't you realize? They're always listening. Yes, even then.

26. - Top - End - #506
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Besides, the Pajama Ninjas strike me as the type who specialize in lethal hand to hand combat.
    BitPRR Characters: Entries Masaru, Chuck, Thomas, Turiel, and Masamune

27. - Top - End - #507
    Orc in the Playground

Didn't you realize? They're always listening. Yes, even then.
    *shrugs* "It's their nightmares."
    The Void, the Cold Steel, the Just Sword courtesy of Prime32.

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

I met a girl with a really pensive look. I walk up to her, put a fifty cent coin in her hand, "For your thoughts. I know the going rate is supposed to be one, but I figure you play hardball."

She gave it back, "Keep it. Pretty sure a guy with your charm can find a way to have them for free anyway."

28. - Top - End - #508

Quote Originally Posted by KnightDisciple View Post
    Besides, the Pajama Ninjas strike me as the type who specialize in lethal hand to hand combat.
    Well usually they do.

In rare cases, however, they are only asked to apprehend. When this is the case, the apprehended criminals are then handed over to the Maggot’s Nest, and are placed under care of the Seireitei’s 10th Division jailers.

29. - Top - End - #509
    Ettin in the Playground

@Kerfuffle, riccaru & Maximus: I think it'd be good for Silva, Absalon and the delinquents to run afoul of each other now in Ep. 11. Or are you waiting for something?

30. - Top - End - #510
    Ogre in the Playground

Hmmm... at the moment, I'm not using Japanese honorifics for my characters, but I'm thinking of changing it.

Just not sure on one thing... is -kun an appropriate honorific for male, teenage friends? Or not?

Spoiler
    Show

God I love Exalted.