New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 28 of 50 FirstFirst ... 3181920212223242526272829303132333435363738 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #811
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Default Re: [BitP:R] BleachITP Reborn OOC Thread 18: Peek-a-boo style PAWNCH!

Quote Originally Posted by tgva8889 View Post
    I suppose that's true. I mean, 10th doesn't teach Sokotsu or anything. They're more focused on disabling techniques.
    Yeah, that was generally what I meant.

...No? I want to say "no" because I don't think we do.
    Hrm. I know people have made them, but...Well, this forum's Search kind of stinks. I was kind of hoping folks who had cooked up styles that didn't get totally shot down might throw some links up.

I'm considering making a 2nd Divisioner focused on Hakuda, see, quite probably with Higher Hakuda. And I don't feel like inventing another style.
    BitPRR Characters: Entries Masaru, Chuck, Thomas, Turiel, and Masamune

2. - Top - End - #812
    Dwarf in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

Quote Originally Posted by riccaru View Post
    And Soul Society, and Ep. 11, and possibly Mortal world as Aell.

Edit@Nick: Is Beggar's grip the Seele that Cuerva took from Alex during their last encounter?
    Yes
    [Space for Hire...NOT!]

3. - Top - End - #813
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by KnightDisciple View Post
    Yeah, that was generally what I meant.

Hrm. I know people have made them, but...Well, this forum's Search kind of stinks. I was kind of hoping folks who had cooked up styles that didn't get totally shot down might throw some links up.

I'm considering making a 2nd Divisioner focused on Hakuda, see, quite probably with Higher Hakuda. And I don't feel like inventing another style.
    Higher Hakuda so far have been specific to the user, (and based off exalted somethings I think). So using those other powers may be an issue.
    Sir Dan Avatar by Mrgone!

4. - Top - End - #814
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by KnightDisciple View Post
    As for the Pajama Corps, they also aren't "Elite" so much as they are "totally unaccountable except maybe to Central 46, and even that's pushing it".

My biggest concern is potential in-game abuse of that power, especially for semi-meta reasons. I'll be honest and say I pushed some of the "ninja" skills of 2nd too far in the last game. I'd really prefer the "ninja creep" not get so extreme that we have legitimate IC worry about having your throat sliced if you question Central 46's decision-making ability. Perhaps an extreme example, but you see what I'm getting at. It robs tension and story-telling if they're suddenly quite literally knowledgeable about everything.
    I don't they'd be "totally unaccountable"... just unaccountable to Gotei, which is majority of our Soul Society character base.

If anything, it might give a reason to have Central 5/46 do more in the game. At least I find playing the council fun, and suggest you others give it a try too. Our group was founded to be sort of "IC moderators" for Seireitei, and know they'd have someone to order around without being overly distractive to everyday plots.

That way, there wouldn't be worry of someone's throat being slit due to questioning Central 46's decisions, since... we'd be making those decision.
    "It's the fate of all things under the sky,
    to grow old and wither and die."

5. - Top - End - #815
    Bugbear in the Playground

Oh yes because with Froze at the head, we're all safe. Considering his love for trying to kill my characters.

"Hey Terry you should totally let Karite stay in Seireitei. He might die!"

"Hey Terry, Yui's gonna murder the **** out of Sora soon if he doesn't clean up his act."

"Hey Terry, im in ur base, killin ur dudez."
    I make avatars. Send me a request.
    BiTP:RCharacters
    Let's Play: Video Games!
    I suffer from major insomnia, don't be surprised if I'm on at odd hours.

6. - Top - End - #816
    Orc in the Playground

10th is sort of "Hakuda 1st, Baduko 2nd" focused in terms of what skills they train, just because these are the most effective "nonlethal" force, which 10th is supposed to be oriented as (I feel it's easier for a swordsman to kill someone than for them to actively capture without killing). I always saw 2nd as "Hoho 1st, Hakuda 2nd". Up to whoever runs it, but 10th does put an importance on Hakuda.
    I find it kinda funny that 10th doesn't simply use tools like jitte or sodegarami or, failing that, simply teach its officers to use the back of the sword.

But that's a personal curiosity, for the most part.

Would it be fair to say that the 10th teaches a lot of submission holds?
    The Void, the Cold Steel, the Just Sword courtesy of Prime32.

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

I met a girl with a really pensive look. I walk up to her, put a fifty cent coin in her hand, "For your thoughts. I know the going rate is supposed to be one, but I figure you play hardball."

She gave it back, "Keep it. Pretty sure a guy with your charm can find a way to have them for free anyway."

7. - Top - End - #817
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Higher Hakuda so far have been specific to the user, (and based off exalted somethings I think). So using those other powers may be an issue.
    Hm. Suppose I could post theoretical character, receive input, make decision. Hm.

Quote Originally Posted by Frozen_Feet View Post
    I don't they'd be "totally unaccountable"... just unaccountable to Gotei, which is majority of our Soul Society character base.

If anything, it might give a reason to have Central 5/46 do more in the game. At least I find playing the council fun, and suggest you others give it a try too. Our group was founded to be sort of "IC moderators" for Seireitei, and know they'd have someone to order around without being overly distractive to everyday plots.

That way, there wouldn't be worry of someone's throat being slit due to questioning Central 46's decisions, since... we'd be making those decision.
    I suppose that's one way to make sure they don't turn into an army at the beck and call of any one person.

8. - Top - End - #818
    Ogre in the Playground

So yeah, Terry, mind telling me why you've said your character has known mine for nearly a decade?

Ken is only supposed to have met everyone on the first day of school when they were attacked.

9. - Top - End - #819
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Kuroimaken View Post
    I find it kinda funny that 10th doesn't simply use tools like jitte or sodegarami or, failing that, simply teach its officers to use the back of the sword.

But that's a personal curiosity, for the most part.

Would it be fair to say that the 10th teaches a lot of submission holds?
    It doesn't teach use of the jitte or the sodegarami because each person is personally bonded to a katana or wakizashi. Like, part of their souls are in them. I'm sure if someone's release form was one of those weapons, they'd be able to find a place in 10th.

It doesn't teach use of the back of the sword because the use of the sword is more for purification and less for fighting each other. I mean, "zanpakuto" isn't completely analogous with "sword". I also don't know anything about swordplay. But still, I feel that 10th carries the philosophy that the sword should not be the first resort, so it teaches other methods of subduing their foes.
    Thanks to araveugnitsuga for my Pika-tar!
    PTU: Alyssa OOC IC

10. - Top - End - #820
    Orc in the Playground

It doesn't teach use of the jitte or the sodegarami because each person is personally bonded to a katana or wakizashi. Like, part of their souls are in them. I'm sure if someone's release form was one of those weapons, they'd be able to find a place in 10th.

It doesn't teach use of the back of the sword because the use of the sword is more for purification and less for fighting each other. I mean, "zanpakuto" isn't completely analogous with "sword". I also don't know anything about swordplay. But still, I feel that 10th carries the philosophy that the sword should not be the first resort, so it teaches other methods of subduing their foes.
    That seems reasonable, all things considered (even taking into account that even though not all Zanpakutou are swords - despite being called 'tou' - they all seem to have blunt sides).

I like the philosophical explanation behind it, though.

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

I met a girl with a really pensive look. I walk up to her, put a fifty cent coin in her hand, "For your thoughts. I know the going rate is supposed to be one, but I figure you play hardball."

She gave it back, "Keep it. Pretty sure a guy with your charm can find a way to have them for free anyway."

11. - Top - End - #821
    Titan in the Playground

I mean, if people want to learn Zanjutsu, there are many other options for them. I imagine that at least 11th and probably 13th have Zanjutsu among their top 2 combat skills, since 11th obviously has it as Number 1 and 13th's job involves sending shinigami to the Mortal World, where their most common enemy will be Hollows.
    Thanks to araveugnitsuga for my Pika-tar!
    PTU: Alyssa OOC IC

12. - Top - End - #822

Quote Originally Posted by nothingclever View Post
    So yeah, Terry, mind telling me why you've said your character has known mine for nearly a decade?

Ken is only supposed to have met everyone on the first day of school when they were attacked.
    Honest mistake. I assumed he'd been going to school with them for longer.

Retcon time.

13. - Top - End - #823
    Ogre in the Playground

I hate risking sounding like some bully here, but now I question why he thinks Ken is assuming "everyone has a totally great family." Isn't asking the principal to make an exception for Kina potentially a sign he thinks the opposite? If he thought everyone had a perfect family why would he ask that? If Kina has a "perfect" aunt, whatever that means, he wouldn't be worried about how she would react to Kina's supposed slacking. I don't see him implying everyone other than her has eternally understanding/perfect guardians/parents either. He simply said he thought she was far more worried which I think is a fair assessment when she's becoming ghost white and largely ignoring the people around her. His words don't even have to be about family quality at all. He said she seemed far more worried and didn't say her worries were justified because her aunt easily gets hysterical or something. Regardless of family quality she is clearly visibly the most worried.

And another thing, before someone assumes Ken is some "skeezy jock" all the time "off-screen," during the days we haven't played out he's largely just stuck like glue to Sayaka and Kina. He hasn't spoken much or at all to the others. And while he hangs out with them he acts very eager to please and polite when not clowning around.

The only behaviour Ken apologized for is his on-screen/played out behaviour. He hasn't done all sorts of questionable stuff each day that we haven't played out.

I don't even get how Hasunaga reaches a negative view on Ken. If he watched the warehouse battle play out he would know Ken was the very definition of composure even when some girl he just saved started to call him a total creep because of how he looked. Ken also isn't a "sports" guy as he said. He does boxing because he is good at it/likes being fit/likes being able to defend himself/likes the idea of making a living using your body and using his leisure time to exercise his mind. You don't have to care about sports to be good at one/like being fit. He is a "books" guy/intellectual/introvert. Many of his played out moments are him talking a lot, but the majority of the time he is quiet unless he is with his two friends and even then he would often be quiet around them because he isn't someone who feels a need to talk eternally.
    Last edited by nothingclever; 2011-09-25 at 03:33 PM.

14. - Top - End - #824

I hate risking sounding like some bully here, but now I question why he thinks Ken is assuming "everyone has a totally great family." Isn't asking the principal to make an exception for Kina potentially a sign he thinks the opposite? If he thought everyone had a perfect family why would he ask that? If Kina has a "perfect" aunt, whatever that means, he wouldn't be worried about how she would react to Kina's supposed slacking. I don't see him implying everyone other than her has eternally understanding/perfect guardians/parents either. He simply said he thought she was far more worried which I think is a fair assessment when she's becoming ghost white and largely ignoring the people around her. His words don't even have to be about family quality at all. He said she seemed far more worried and didn't say her worries were justified because her aunt easily gets hysterical or something. Regardless of family quality she is clearly visibly the most worried.

And another thing, before someone assumes Ken is some "skeezy jock" all the time "off-screen," during the days we haven't played out he's largely just stuck like glue to Sayaka and Kina. He hasn't spoken much or at all to the others. And while he hangs out with them he acts very eager to please and polite when not clowning around.
    Because Ken made a goddamn point to specifically say "I think she's far more worried about upsetting her guardian than any of us are worried about upsetting our own parents."

Gee, considering that Valeria has a set of guardians, Sora's parents are dead, he's basing his entire assumption off of himself, and how he has parents. He doesn't take Kaito into account either. He's making a clear point to state that everyone else has parents. And considering Sora's inherent loathing of other people, that's not going to get Ken any points. You're basically trying to justify Ken screwing up by saying 'He didn't know, so he assumed.' That's just it. he assumed, also ignoring the time where Sora

specifically paled and asked if it was alright if his guardians could not be informed.

Which Ken was there for.

15. - Top - End - #825
    Orc in the Playground

The only behaviour Ken apologized for is his on-screen/played out behaviour. He hasn't done all sorts of questionable stuff each day that we haven't played out.

I don't even get how Hasunaga reaches a negative view on Ken. If he watched the warehouse battle play out he would know Ken was the very definition of composure even when some girl he just saved started to call him a total creep because of how he looked. Ken also isn't a "sports" guy as he said. He does boxing because he is good at it/likes being fit/likes being able to defend himself/likes the idea of making a living using your body and using his leisure time to exercise his mind. You don't have to care about sports to be good at one/like being fit. He is a "books" guy/intellectual/introvert. Many of his played out moments are him talking a lot, but the majority of the time he is quiet unless he is with his two friends and even then he would often be quiet around them because he isn't someone who feels a need to talk eternally.
    As far as Hasunaga goes, he gets that impression from the way the other kids act around him, as well as some of his own observations.

Hasunaga doesn't actually think he's a bad kid, otherwise he wouldn't have offered to train him. But Ken DOES have a little something to learn about listening. In that he should do it a bit more often.

I actually think Ken could be taught a lot about how to get what and where he wants. Whether he wants to listen is a different subject, but we'll see.

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

16. - Top - End - #826
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Terry576 View Post
    Because Ken made a goddamn point to specifically say "I think she's far more worried about upsetting her guardian than any of us are worried about upsetting our own parents."

Gee, considering that Valeria has a set of guardians, Sora's parents are dead, he's basing his entire assumption off of himself, and how he has parents. He doesn't take Kaito into account either. He's making a clear point to state that everyone else has parents. And considering Sora's inherent loathing of other people, that's not going to get Ken any points. You're basically trying to justify Ken screwing up by saying 'He didn't know, so he assumed.' That's just it. he assumed, also ignoring the time where Sora

specifically paled and asked if it was alright if his guardians could not be informed.

Which Ken was there for.
    Only there's another thing you overlook that your character should know because he's seen it in action for two weeks. Ken and Kina are friends. It doesn't really matter whether what he's saying is accurate or not, he is trying to cover for a friend. Why is he not trying to cover for anyone else? Because they're not his friends. He'd try to cover for Sayaka if there was a point to doing so, but her father already knows exactly what she's been up to. I'd think Sora could pick up on the possibility of him not assuming anything and just wanting to help his friend. Whatever though, I don't care.

It's not like what I say matters. Do what you wish.

Also, what's wrong with him talking as if he assumes everyone else has parents? Really. Should he have said "parents and/or guardians?" He's not a computer. He does not assume based on personal experience. He assumes based on statistics. Most people are raised by their biological parents.
    Last edited by nothingclever; 2011-09-25 at 06:12 PM.

17. - Top - End - #827
    Barbarian in the Playground

Oh yes because with Froze at the head, we're all safe. Considering his love for trying to kill my characters.

"Hey Terry you should totally let Karite stay in Seireitei. He might die!"

"Hey Terry, Yui's gonna murder the **** out of Sora soon if he doesn't clean up his act."

"Hey Terry, im in ur base, killin ur dudez."
    He does the same thing to me with Akio!

It's a conspiracy!
    Sir Dan Avatar by Mrgone!

18. - Top - End - #828

It's a conspiracy!
    Well...he seems to like my characters.

Quotes and goodies:
    Spoiler
    Show
    You know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I go get and beat you with 'til ya understand who's in ruttin' command here! - Jayne Cobb

I swear by my pretty floral bonnet, I will end you. - Malcolm Reynolds

Because I'm allergic to things I don't wanna do. *coughcough* - Caboose
    Photos from the 2014 Woodward Dream Cruise.

CHARACTERS
    I has a story! Updates when I can.
    3DS Friend Code: 2595-1862-5907

19. - Top - End - #829

Let me just say one thing before I let this conversation drop.

Sora is my character. His motives are mine, his ideas are mine, and his reactions are mine. I decided that he would do that, and it made sense, because Sora's inherent self loathing of himself and hatred of other people would cause him to instantaneously assume that Ken assumed that about everyone. In case you didn't notice, Valeria was rather annoyed at Ken as well.

Quote Originally Posted by strawberryman View Post
    She gives a slightly annoyed look at Ken,
    So it wasn't just limited to Sora. However, Sora assumed that Ken believed all of them had parents, and he already has a mild dislike for the guy already.

20. - Top - End - #830
    Orc in the Playground

So it wasn't just limited to Sora. However, Sora assumed that Ken believed all of them had parents, and he already has a mild dislike for the guy already.
    That was actually because he interrupted Val as she was trying to get Hasunaga's attention.
    My Homebrew
    Sick props to Akrim.elf for the rockin' Chouko-tar!

BitP: Reborn² characters!
    Madokapunk!

21. - Top - End - #831

Ah. My mistake straw.

22. - Top - End - #832
    Ogre in the Playground

And another thing, before someone assumes Ken is some "skeezy jock" all the time "off-screen," during the days we haven't played out he's largely just stuck like glue to Sayaka and Kina.

This is assumption Sayaka wants such a behavior. However it is not true.
    Last edited by Kasanip; 2011-09-26 at 07:20 AM.
    Kasanip's Sketchbook 2 Thread
    It is difficult to speak English, please excuse mistakes kindly m(_ _)m

23. - Top - End - #833
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by KerfuffleMach2 View Post
    Well...he seems to like my characters.

Whether I like some character or not has a very weak correlation with whether I want awful things to happen to them or not.
    "It's the fate of all things under the sky,
    to grow old and wither and die."

24. - Top - End - #834
    Orc in the Playground

Whether I like some character or not has a very weak correlation with whether I want awful things to happen to them or not.
    "You're telling me!"

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

25. - Top - End - #835
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Kasanip View Post
    Poor Ken.

Well to show that you could have her simply tell him that by saying something like "God you're clingy/You're like my shadow/Did someone abandon you on the side of the road?/Where's your collar? Maybe I can turn you in for a reward."
    I decided that he would do that, and it made sense, because Sora's inherent self loathing of himself and hatred of other people would cause him to instantaneously assume that Ken assumed that about everyone.
    Fair enough.
    Last edited by nothingclever; 2011-09-26 at 10:07 AM.

26. - Top - End - #836
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Kasanip View Post
    She could always firmly, politely ask Ken to not be so clingy.

27. - Top - End - #837
    Ogre in the Playground

I have a feeling Kina might do that. Maybe if they both do that harshly and Ken cries as a result, Kaito will believe he can genuinely feel. :P

28. - Top - End - #838
    Orc in the Playground

I have a feeling Kina might do that. Maybe if they both do that harshly and Ken cries as a result, Kaito will believe he can genuinely feel. :P
    "...you have a long ways to go, kid. But don't worry. Hasunaga, the Legendary Hero, will show you the path to your friends' hearts!"

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

29. - Top - End - #839
    Dwarf in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

It's a conspiracy!
    *poke poke*
    [Space for Hire...NOT!]

30. - Top - End - #840

...I think I'm gonna have to keep an eye on you...

Quotes and goodies:
    Spoiler
    Show
    You know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I go get and beat you with 'til ya understand who's in ruttin' command here! - Jayne Cobb

I swear by my pretty floral bonnet, I will end you. - Malcolm Reynolds

Because I'm allergic to things I don't wanna do. *coughcough* - Caboose
    Photos from the 2014 Woodward Dream Cruise.

CHARACTERS
    I has a story! Updates when I can.
    3DS Friend Code: 2595-1862-5907