New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 13 of 50 FirstFirst ... 3456789101112131415161718192021222338 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #361
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: [Nexus] Inside 39

Temple of Cunningham

Quote Originally Posted by Morty View Post
    Well... I'm a Hunter. Like those our Order helped in Riverside. The difference is that I was Imbued before coming here rather than in the Nexus.
    "But that's wonderful!" Pastor Ellen exclaims. "You've all done so much to protect the Children's Home. We can never thank you enough."

Market Streets B
    Quote Originally Posted by Lost_Deep View Post
    The female nods, thanks her, and moves off to find her counterpart.

"Oh! We are on this planet to [exchange?] information! We wish to learn about this place, and give you [information?] on our planet and ways in exchange. We are currently working on how to [succeed?] on that second part. We think it may be necessary to [acquire?] a large [storage] and upload the info on that, so it can be accessed when [NO TRANSLATION]."
    "Oh... that sounds, complicated..." Lorraine asks.

Quote Originally Posted by KerfuffleMach2 View Post
    Market Street A

Alysha will wave goodbye to Jerry.

She thinks about how Lorraine acted earlier.

why would she act like that? Hm...maybe I scared her. Could be. I should go apologize to her.

Alysha gives herself a nod, then sets off into the crowd to find Lorraine again.

She'll just follow Jerry.
    And then Lorraine sees both Jerry and the dead girl coming her way. She hurriedly removes the translator circlet, hands it to Tom, and moves away to lose herself in the crowd.

((And disappears into a player induced deadtime, so no point in chasing her. Sorry. ))
    My avatar! Isn't it just utterly diabolical? Ashen Lilies made it!

"Money cannot buy health, but I'd settle for a diamond-studded wheelchair."
    ― Dorothy Parker

Spoiler: Interested in Nexus FFRP? Newcomers welcome!
    Show
    FFRP Faqs |Nexus Faqs | Nexus IRC Chat
    We're friendly! Join the fun!
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

2. - Top - End - #362
    Bugbear in the Playground

[In the Muddy Street Outside of Lester's Saloon and All That Jazz]

Mr. c is confused. When did people elect him for beeing Captain Obvious. *sight*

"It could have several significance. It could be a sign of magical defense to prevent reading it by people who shouldn't read it. Or someone tried to burn it befor a different person can get it, seemingly he failed. Of the pager should be hold against a lightsource and the person accidently burnt this part. These are only a few things that may havee had happened, but since you seem to know more would you like to tell me?"
    Grammer is my declared deadly enemy!

Let's PLay's in German Take a Look at Bravely Default.

Nexus Characters: LINK

3. - Top - End - #363
    Troll in the Playground

[Blue Zone - Bank]

The thunder of guns tore apart a quiet afternoon, as easily as it tore apart lives.

It began at 11:03 AM. Five heavily armed men entered the bank on Haight Street. They fired several shots in the ceiling, and ordered everyone to get to the ground.

They'd planned this for weeks. There were seven of them, a driver and five other men who would actually do the robbery, plus a man on the inside, a traitor on the bank staff. The robbery was going to go down just before the guards changed shifts, when the current guards were most likely to be vulnerable and inattentive. Speed was key; the idea was to be through a portal into a side dimension long before the Nexus authorities responded.

It started well enough. The bank patrons were quiet and compliant. The money transfer was going smoothly. But then the plan began to unravel at the seams.

One of the guards had started falling ill shortly before the robbers arrived, and his condition rapidly worsened as the robbery began. He began behaving erratically, making his captors nervous. To this day, no one who survived can say how the shooting started. Maybe the guard started spasming, or fell on one of the robbers. Maybe another guard disobeyed the order to stay still to try and help his friend, or used the distraction to try and go for a gun. No one saw what happened. No one that survived, anyway.

It lasted only 3 minutes, but when those three minutes were over, 21 people were shot, most dead or dying, two of them among the robbers. One of the civilians had been killed execution style, by a single round point blank to the back of the head.

While that was in progress, the replacement guard for the ill man, along with some of the staff for the next shift, arrived early. With the shooting inside, and the arrival of more guards, the driver assumed the job had gone bad, and drove off, leaving his companions to their fate.

The robbers barricaded themselves in the bank, pinned down by the guards, with only a few injured and close to expiring hostages to keep the authorities from storming the place. Time was running out.

A small council was held in the certain of the bloodstained bank lobby. Three men in black fatigues and masks and one nervous man in a suit, their inside man, stood just out of sight of the windows, looking down at the small pile of sacks containing the stolen money.

David, the traitor, spoke first. "What's the plan? How are we getting out of here?"

Jason, one of the gunmen, kicked at the money angrily. "There is no plan! The plan has gone to hell, and us with it!"

Keith, the shooter, watched the windows and doors warily, his gun muzzle wavering as he kept the weapon shouldered. "Christ, they must be swarming out there. Even if we get away, when they see this... they'll hunt us down. There were kids in here. Someone will pay big bucks for our hides."

David swore, looking sweat and ill. "This wasn't the plan... you said there would be no shooting! You said it was just for show! You said..."

"Shut up." The final man, the ring leader, stared down all his men. "We all knew the risks. We knew that this could go wrong." He stared out over the shattered and splattered lobby, at the huddle bodies in awkward poses, at the two darkly colored forms of the gunmen on the ground. Then, he said, "We'll surrender."

There was silence, before David spoke. "We'll...?"

"Surrender. Give ourselves up. It's the only way. We've taken too long. The authorities will be here soon, and we can't get away quickly enough. Not without the vehicle. We're dead men if we fight. If we surrender, we might have a chance."

The men looked at one another, and then, one by one, solemnly agreed. They would surrender when the authorities came.

4. - Top - End - #364
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by The Alexandrian View Post
    [Alley with Clarissa]

Clarissa, never having smoked before, peers at the cigarette with an obvious air of curiosity. Yuan is holding one of those cylindrical wads of paper stuffed with some sort of dried plant and has lit in on fire. Why? Is this some sort of weird ceremony of sorts? A cultural ritual perhaps? Yuan doesn't seem to be even slightly interested in murdering Clarissa anymore. Not right now or from her perspective, anyway. Clarissa guardedly accepts Yuan's offering of a single cig and stares at it blankly, entirely unsure of how to make use of the thing. She resolves to attempt to hold a friendly conversation with him instead.

"I take it that you prey on humans too, huh? I guess its not as uncommon a practice here as I was originally led to believe. Name's Clarissa. Nice mask, by the way. Isn't out of place at all 'round these parts."
    Red Zone

Yuan shifts back to his more human form, clothes included, and gives a bit of a snort, shaking his head. "Look, Clarissa, just don't go hunting around here. It's guarded by me and others. Try Riverside. Otherwise, I'll probably have to try and kill you. Much less nicely this time."

[Wolfy's Place]

Reelshka arrives here, wearing a loose-fitting blouse and trousers like Wolfy advised her to. She's feeling slightly nervous.
    Dance Studio

The studio is nameless on the street, just a small one on the second story above a deli. The door is unlocked, and inside, Wolfy, dressed in a pair of loose shorts and a t-shirt is bending over, grumbling at a CD Player as he fiddles with it. About all she'll see is his tail.

Blue Zone - Bank

Once the reports of gunfire have reached Remnant ears, several squads are dispatched. Each one is armed and armored, and this close to the HQ, there was no need of teleportation. The robbers will see three white APCs skid to a halt outside, and ramps open up to let the Remnants out at the same time as hatches pop up on the top to allow soldiers man the turrets. It should be noted, that even though it looks otherwise, each Remnant and the turrets are equipped with non-lethal sticky ammunition.

One soldier, her armor unmarked to keep others from telling she's an officer and more valuable, takes out a comm attached to the speakers on the APCs, and begins to speak. "This is Remnant. We have you surrounded and any efforts to resist us are futile. You have three minutes to come out, unarmed, with your hands in the air. This is your first, and only, warning!"
    Last edited by UncleWolf; 2011-09-17 at 02:19 PM.

5. - Top - End - #365
    Titan in the Playground

[Temple of Cunningham]

You're welcome. Sophie smiles. It was ever so gratifying to see the Hunters' work appreciated. It made her feel their duty had meaning. It was better in the Nexus when people actually knew what they were up against... in the World of Darkness, noone knew just what she was protecting them from. I'll pass your thanks to the rest of the Hunter community. I don't really go on missions often, though. I help redeem people at GLoG or advise my fellow Hunters. I've had a very long career by our calling's standards.

[Dance Studio]

Reelshka clears her throat. Hello? It's me, Reelshka.
    Last edited by Morty; 2011-09-17 at 02:11 PM.
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.
    Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? See our Discord server.

6. - Top - End - #366
    Troll in the Playground

[Blue Zone - Bank]

"That's a lot of guns..." David is barely holding it together as the robbers peer out the windows. "And that's why we're going to do what they say." David turns to the boss of the robbers. "How do we know they won't just shoot us anyway?" Ian shrugs. "They might. But if we don't surrender, they will for sure."

"He's right. This is our only chance." Keith drops his rifle and starts stripping off his sidearm and knives. Jason does the same. "You wanna stay, kid? Fine. Stay and die."

Three men in black fatigues walk out of the store after a minute has passed, hands up in the air, disarmed. A few seconds behind them, another man in a suit and tie comes out, unarmed as well.

7. - Top - End - #367
    Pixie in the Playground

[In the Muddy Streets Outside of Lester's Saloon and All That Jazz]

"Hold it over a heat source and voila! Writing."

Percilia-prime sighs. Oh well. At least Mister C didn't end up licking the scroll and possibly dying.

-----
    [Red Zone - Alley with Clarissa]

"You? Nice? Ha!"

Clarissa chuckles and scoffs! This guy was a card.

"Alright, alright, alright. Tell you what, I'll stop hunting around here because you asked me to so politely...for a price, of course."

Oooo! Seems like Clarissa doesn't know when to quit! Of course, she's a viceduchess, so that makes more sense than it should...

8. - Top - End - #368
    Ogre in the Playground

Red ZOne

"Whateffer. It'll heal like alwaysfth!" the bogeys brag.
    GLORIOUS SOVIET SNAIL SUPERTECHNOLOGY

Comrade L.E.S.S. by The Mad Hatter!

Quote Originally Posted by Viper9090 View Post
    My weirdest nightmare has just been replaced.
    (Recaiden) He lives!
    (Firedaemon33) Ia! Ia! TechnoScrabble F'Taghn!
    My job requires I leave without warning or explanation sometimes. I should be back within a few days each time.

9. - Top - End - #369

Market Street

Alysha sees Lorraine leave as she approaches. She'll stop following, slightly sad. But, hey, maybe they'll run into each other again!

Since she's here, she'll smile and wave to Tom.

Red Zone

Demon Queen gets a slightly malicious grin.

Oh, is that so? I'll tell you what...you give us info on who you were looking for, and I won't be tempted to see how far this healing of yours goes. Deal?

Quotes and goodies:
    Spoiler
    Show
    You know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I go get and beat you with 'til ya understand who's in ruttin' command here! - Jayne Cobb

I swear by my pretty floral bonnet, I will end you. - Malcolm Reynolds

Because I'm allergic to things I don't wanna do. *coughcough* - Caboose
    Photos from the 2014 Woodward Dream Cruise.

CHARACTERS
    I has a story! Updates when I can.
    3DS Friend Code: 2595-1862-5907

10. - Top - End - #370

"Hold it over a heat source and voila! Writing."

Percilia-prime sighs. Oh well. At least Mister C didn't end up licking the scroll and possibly dying.

Mr. C sights as well since he thought this thing was obviously and the guildmaster knews that thisisn#t the way he asumed ways the boss might not know. He points at the sun.

"There is a giant fireball that way. Maybe holding it against this source of light may help."

11. - Top - End - #371
    Dwarf in the Playground

[Red Zone]

"Good to know about your quick healing. That means next time you cause trouble, I can go all out on you without causing any lasting harm." Kyinde grinned. "Now, why don't you be helpful and not make me have to?
    When in doubt, use cute little dragons.

Game and roleplaying stuff.

The data is 1's and 0's. Life is the jazz. (Previous avatars)

12. - Top - End - #372
    Ogre in the Playground

(@Alexandrian: I'm gonna hold off on replying as I think Chaotic Bob was wanting to do something too.)

Blue Zone - Bank

All four will be told to lay on their stomach, and once they do that, they'll be handcuffed and taken into the APCs as other squads are sent into the bank to see what happened.

Dance Studio

Wolfy gets up and turns around, smiling in his wolfish way. "It's great to see you. Is there a special sort of dance you're wanting to learn? I'll have to teach you just the basics first, but, at least we'll have a goal."

13. - Top - End - #373
    Troll in the Playground

[Blue Zone - Bank]

The four comply, lying down and getting hauled off into the waiting vehicles.

The scene inside is grim. Numerous people are lying all over the bank lobby, many in spreading pools of red. Civilians and men in security uniforms make up most of them, but two are in black fatigues like the arrested men. Loose shell casings and bullet holes are also evident. The scene is a massacre. A few civilians still live, and will probably receive medical attention. But for most, there is nothing that can be done. There are old and young, men and women, human and otherwise. And all are gone, forever.

One body in particular seems to have been shot in the back of the head, at close range; a young woman, barely more than a girl.

14. - Top - End - #374
    Titan in the Playground

[Dance Studio]

Reelshka smiles back, a little flustered.
    I don't know much about dancing. No style has caught my attention yet. Maybe I'll decide once I know more.
    Last edited by Morty; 2011-09-17 at 05:05 PM.
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.

15. - Top - End - #375
    Dwarf in the Playground

Market Street

The two aliens, meet and exchange notes.

Talking.

More talking.

Suddenly, the two stare at each other. A real "Oh, wow. That's obvious moment."

Then, they are off!

Where are they going next?

16. - Top - End - #376
    Ogre in the Playground

Dance Studio

Wolfy nods and looks her over, walking around the goblin. "And you're sure you're going to be comfortable in that? We're going to be moving a lot than most dances need since we're practicing. It's not a good idea to wear something that'll make you chaff or rub. Generally, shorts or spandex is best." He says, gesturing at himself. "And since the latter is out for me because of fur, I wear the former." The werewolf tells her. He's his "normal" size for the moment, so is looking down at her.

Blue Zone - Bank

The Remnants sent in are shocked at the violence, but even so, record it all meticulously through notes, voice recordings, and photographs. The wounded are given medical attention as best as they can, through technological means. Eventually one radios back to their commander. "Ma'am, it's a blood bath in here. No less than 21 shot, most dead. We're moving to see what the security cameras say happen, but personally I don't think it really matters at this point."

The Lieutenant nods and gestures for the APCs to move out, to get the robbers to Remnant to be questioned and imprisoned.

17. - Top - End - #377
    Pixie in the Playground

[In the Muddy Street Outside Lester's Saloon and All That Jazz]

"That is indeed a fireball, but we need to heat the scroll up, not get light on it."

Percilia-prime reaches into her front coat pocket and pulls out a small metal lighter. It is fairly generic. She begins to approach one of the dead bodies lying prostrate on the street.

No! She wouldn't... Would she? Burning the corpses right in the middle of the street! That seems a little...harsh and cruel, doesn't it? Sure it disposes of the evidence, but don't the criminals at least deserve a proper burial? They were people, weren't they? Now their bodies were to be disrespected like this? Without a proper burial or anything? One of them is even wiggling about slightly. He is obviously still alive. Maybe Percilia-prime won't execute him.

Maybe, but not likely.
    Last edited by The Alexandrian; 2011-09-17 at 08:36 PM.

18. - Top - End - #378
    Ogre in the Playground

Red Zone

"Do you really think we're scared? We're walking, talking nightmares," oe of the bogey kicks at the pair, laughing now that his tongue has healed.
    GLORIOUS SOVIET SNAIL SUPERTECHNOLOGY

Comrade L.E.S.S. by The Mad Hatter!

Quote Originally Posted by Viper9090 View Post
    My weirdest nightmare has just been replaced.
    (Recaiden) He lives!
    (Firedaemon33) Ia! Ia! TechnoScrabble F'Taghn!
    My job requires I leave without warning or explanation sometimes. I should be back within a few days each time.

19. - Top - End - #379
    Troll in the Playground

[Temple of Cunningham]

You're welcome. Sophie smiles. It was ever so gratifying to see the Hunters' work appreciated. It made her feel their duty had meaning. It was better in the Nexus when people actually knew what they were up against... in the World of Darkness, noone knew just what she was protecting them from. I'll pass your thanks to the rest of the Hunter community. I don't really go on missions often, though. I help redeem people at GLoG or advise my fellow Hunters. I've had a very long career by our calling's standards.

"With The Prophet's blessing, may it be much longer still,"
    Pastor Ellen says. "Please, tell the others that they can come to us for sanctuary if it's ever needed. I was not granted the healing gift, but my Jesse - Elder Cooke - has it, as does one of the nuns at the Children's Home."

((Morty, feel free to godmod any such encounters as needed, due to my semi-hiatus.))

― Dorothy Parker

Show
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

20. - Top - End - #380
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfbane View Post
    Dance Studio

Wolfy nods and looks her over, walking around the goblin. "And you're sure you're going to be comfortable in that? We're going to be moving a lot than most dances need since we're practicing. It's not a good idea to wear something that'll make you chaff or rub. Generally, shorts or spandex is best." He says, gesturing at himself. "And since the latter is out for me because of fur, I wear the former." The werewolf tells her. He's his "normal" size for the moment, so is looking down at her.
    Oh. I didn't know. I thought loose clothing would be appropriate. Do you, um, have any goblin-sized shorts to spare? I don't have any with me. Shorts aren't something goblins typically wear.

Quote Originally Posted by happyturtle View Post

"With The Prophet's blessing, may it be much longer still,"
    Pastor Ellen says. "Please, tell the others that they can come to us for sanctuary if it's ever needed. I was not granted the healing gift, but my Jesse - Elder Cooke - has it, as does one of the nuns at the Children's Home."

((Morty, feel free to godmod any such encounters as needed, due to my semi-hiatus.))
    Sophie nods.
    I will. Some Hunters do get healing powers, but only the more experienced ones, so wounds tend to be problematic for us. Do you have any questions?

21. - Top - End - #381

Red Zone

Demon Queen sighs.

You guys are making it really difficult for me to not go into a blind rage right. And trust me, you wouldn't like that.

So, I'm willing to make a deal. What'll it take to get you to talk?

Quotes and goodies:
    Spoiler
    Show
    You know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I go get and beat you with 'til ya understand who's in ruttin' command here! - Jayne Cobb

I swear by my pretty floral bonnet, I will end you. - Malcolm Reynolds

Because I'm allergic to things I don't wanna do. *coughcough* - Caboose
    Photos from the 2014 Woodward Dream Cruise.

CHARACTERS
    I has a story! Updates when I can.
    3DS Friend Code: 2595-1862-5907

22. - Top - End - #382
    Dwarf in the Playground

[Red Zone]

"Nightmares? Really? I don't think I was scared back there, so I have my doubts about that." Kyinde shook her head. "This is getting tedious. If you're not going to cooperate, we might as well just look for that lady on our own."
    When in doubt, use cute little dragons.

Game and roleplaying stuff.

The data is 1's and 0's. Life is the jazz. (Previous avatars)

23. - Top - End - #383
    Ogre in the Playground

Dance Studio

Wolfy goes over to a little closet and opens it up. He bends over once more and digs around a small chest of clothing before pulling out a pair of gym shorts, still with the price tag on them. "I think this might be it. There's a bathroom to the left if you want to change. Need a shirt too?" He asks, holding up a tank top.

24. - Top - End - #384
    Titan in the Playground

[Dance Studio]

Yes, thank you. After recieving a shirt, Reelshka heads to the bathroom, from where she emerges later wearing the tank top and the shorts. She also puts her hat away. She's blushing slightly. I'm ready.
    Last edited by Morty; 2011-09-18 at 12:21 PM.

25. - Top - End - #385
    Troll in the Playground

[COLOR="DarkOliveGreen"]Sophie nods.
    I will. Some Hunters do get healing powers, but only the more experienced ones, so wounds tend to be problematic for us. Do you have any questions?
    Pastor Ellen shakes her head. "No, I trust you, Sister Sophie."

― Dorothy Parker

Show
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

26. - Top - End - #386
    Ogre in the Playground

Dance Studio

"You like nice." Wolfy smiles gently at her and tries to take her hand in his to pull her close. "We'll start simple, just practicing a waltz just to loosen up. Do you want me to be your size again, or stay like this? You'll need to get used to dancing with those taller eventually."

27. - Top - End - #387
    Titan in the Playground

[Dance Studio]

Maybe we could start with small size, Reelshka says uncertainly as she's pulled close. You can enlarge yourself later so I have time to get used to it. Wolfy makes a good point though; there's not that many goblin-sized people out there.

Quote Originally Posted by happyturtle View Post
    Pastor Ellen shakes her head. "No, I trust you, Sister Sophie."
    Thank you. And with that, I imagine Sophie leaves.
    Last edited by Morty; 2011-09-18 at 12:32 PM.

28. - Top - End - #388

"That is indeed a fireball, but we need to heat the scroll up, not get light on it."

Percilia-prime reaches into her front coat pocket and pulls out a small metal lighter. It is fairly generic. She begins to approach one of the dead bodies lying prostrate on the street.

No! She wouldn't... Would she? Burning the corpses right in the middle of the street! That seems a little...harsh and cruel, doesn't it? Sure it disposes of the evidence, but don't the criminals at least deserve a proper burial? They were people, weren't they? Now their bodies were to be disrespected like this? Without a proper burial or anything? One of them is even wiggling about slightly. He is obviously still alive. Maybe Percilia-prime won't execute him.

Maybe, but not likely.

Oo this could end badd... maybe ... this would help.

"Eh Chef.! Wouldn't it be better we do that in another place? You know since these guys where here I'm afraid of other people that want the information and spy at us, maybe right now."

29. - Top - End - #389
    Ogre in the Playground

Dance Studio

Wolfy nods and shrinks himself to be just a little taller than she is. He interlaces his paw with her fingers and sets his other paw on her waist, resting it. The music begins to play, and he offers her a small encouraging smile. "Just tell me whenever you're ready." This close, she'll probably feel that he's fairly hot, his fur helping him stay warm.

30. - Top - End - #390
    Titan in the Playground

[Dance Studio]

I'm ready, Reelshka says, quite flustered and awkward. That's the closest she's been to anyone in quite a long time.