New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 21 of 50 FirstFirst ... 11121314151617181920212223242526272829303146 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #601
    Dwarf in the Playground

Default Re: My Little Pony XXIV: Now About 200% Longer Than Firefly

-(Grumbles, and preps a Lix Launcher to fend off Lichly vindictiveness)-

Edit

"And life is crazy as all get out, Mr. Amish Pirate." Honestly, I'm amazed I have time to do anything.
    Last edited by InkwellPony; 2011-09-21 at 06:25 PM.

2. - Top - End - #602
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Deadly View Post
    Season 2 Speculation
    Spoiler
    Show
    So Cheerilee calls Discord a... draconequus or something. Does that mean there are others like him?
    Spoiler
    Show
    I don't thinks so. If there are, I don't think they'll mention them in the show. If there was a race of them, I doubt they would be anywhere as powerful Discord is. (I'm assuming Discord isn't an illusionist and is just straight up near omni-potent.)

3. - Top - End - #603
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Tectonic Robot View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    I don't thinks so. If there are, I don't think they'll mention them in the show. If there was a race of them, I doubt they would be anywhere as powerful Discord is. (I'm assuming Discord isn't an illusionist and is just straight up near omni-potent.)
    Spoiler
    Show
    I'm thinking he could be his kind's equivalent to Celestia/Luna, so the other draconequi are like ordinary ponies/unicorns/pegasi

4. - Top - End - #604
    Titan in the Playground

Oh wait, the lich dude already acknowledged you. Nevermind then...

Wait a second, didn't I hear that Aotrs was originally the straight man for the thread? Then what's all this talk of pony space armadas?
    I was - at least for a brief time - designated (compartively) sane person on the thread.

I still am (relatively) sane compared to the rest of them; and this is coming from a megalomanical, omnicidal Lawful Evil Epic-level Lich Necromancer with granduer1 and penchant fo beating things to bloody pulps with his rocket launcher, this should tell you something about the state of the thread.

Also, there are no pony space armadas. There is, however, the awesome might of the Army Of The Red Space local sector fleet, under my direct command from Bleak Despair station.

And (with the occasional and current exception of Commander Hopereaver due a series of events too complex to explain) -

I died, Lix brought me back, not been re-lichifed, got covered in poison joke spores and now I'm a magical girl (also Lix's fault.)

- Events Too Complex To Explain we are all Spirit-Bound Liches, thank you very much, and have never been ponies in our lives or unlives!

Quote Originally Posted by InkwellPony View Post
    ... You meanie! You're making the board ignore me! I knew it! I knew there was a lich behind everything bad happening in my life!

You vindictive little bag of bones!

Don't test me or I'll get a party of adventurers together to redeadify your pelvis!
    Muha. Muhahaha! Muahahahaha-

Quote Originally Posted by TheAmishPirate View Post
    Hi Inkwell! How is life? [/thwarting]
    -damn.

Quote Originally Posted by TheAmishPirate
    See, it's more of a relative thing. He's a half-crazed, evil, space-faring lich who's ended more worlds than most of us can name, but that somehow clocks in at saner than average.
    Hey, you haven't ended any-

Hopereaver? Fist.

Shushing now, chief!

Quote Originally Posted by TheAmishPirate
    His exposure to excessive Lix hasn't helped matters, but you know what they say; love makes a person/pony/undead abomination do crazy things.
    I just proved how long a memory I have, and how devious I am at revenge (do you not remember what happened to Midnight, during that little power-mad rampage you went on that I single-handedly stopped?) and yet you continue to metaphotically poke the Ursa Major with a stick! You really have no sense of self-preservation do you?!

Quote Originally Posted by InkwellPony View Post
    -(Grumbles, and preps a Lix Launcher to fend off Lichly vindictiveness)-
    Ohcrap. That cannot be good!

1It's not delusions.
    Last edited by Aotrs Commander; 2011-09-21 at 06:33 PM.

5. - Top - End - #605
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Aotrs Commander View Post
    I was - at least for a brief time - designated (compartively) sane person on the thread.

I still am (relatively) sane compared to the rest of them; and this is coming from a megalomanical, omnicidal Lawful Evil Epic-level Lich Necromancer with granduer1 and penchant fo beating things to bloody pulps with his rocket launcher, this should tell you something about the state of the thread.

Also, there are no pony space armadas. There is, however, the awesome might of the Army Of The Red Space local sector fleet, under my direct command from Bleak Despair station.

And (with the occasional and current exception of Commander Hopereaver due a series of events too complex to explain) -

I died, Lix brought me back, not been re-lichifed, got covered in poison joke spores and now I'm a magical girl (also Lix's fault.)

- Events Too Complex To Explain we are all Spirit-Bound Liches, thank you very much, and have never been ponies in our lives or unlives!

Muha. Muhahaha! Muahahahaha-

-damn.

Hey, you haven't ended any-

Hopereaver? Fist.

Shushing now, chief!

I just proved how long a memory I have, and how devious I am at revenge ( do you not remember what happened to Midnight, during that little power-mad rampage you went on that I single handedly stopped?) and yet you continue to metaphotically poke the Ursa Major with a stick! You really have no sense of self-preservation do you?!

1It's not delusions.
    Lix Launcher.

Drawing.

Make it happen.

6. - Top - End - #606
    Firbolg in the Playground

GnomeWizardGuy

Season 2 Speculation
    Spoiler
    Show
    So Cheerilee calls Discord a... draconequus or something. Does that mean there are others like him?
    Season 2 stuffs
    Spoiler
    Show
    Theoretically, but then again, we have Gorgons despite there only ever being three in existence. I think that creatures like the Hydra were unique in myth as well.

Dragonokis (spelling by Hub website, although that means little) seem to basically be pony-chimeras, which could be either a generic term that Discord happens to fit under, or it could be an entire race of pre-Equestrian creatures that Discord was the "ruler" of.
    I put the term in quotes because it is unlikely he ever ruled a stable government of any size, and likely just lorded his abilities over anything happening to be living in his domain.

Quote Originally Posted by otakuryoga View Post
    I say everyone should check this out so that we can kill Blueblood faster.
    Quote Originally Posted by darthbobcat View Post
    There are no bad ideas, just bad execution.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Thank you to zimmerwald1915 for the Gustave avatar.
    The full set is here.

Air Raccoon avatar provided by Ceika
    from the Request an OotS Style Avatar thread

A big thanks to PrinceAquilaDei for the gryphon avatar!
    original image

7. - Top - End - #607
    Banned

Esperderek, click my username, go to "find all posts by this user", and go through my last 20 posts. The majority are quotenukes, Which should give you a good idea of where we sit.

Day off. Braz's day off. Have Gears of War 3. I spent the last 3 hours gleefully charging at enemy turrets/spiderbeasts/kamikaze bombers/snoozes/sappers/civilians/outposts/mailing lists/political beliefs with a bayonet, and winning.

They've got a gun that works like the standard, old-school ak-47; high kick, good RPS, high damage, accurate to 100 yards. And it has a knife on the end. It's like everything I've ever wanted from war!

Point being, kinda slow today. With luck, tomorrow's D&D game should hit just the right level o boring, but not walk-out bad, that I can pony thread all day :3

8. - Top - End - #608
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by erikun View Post
    Season 2 stuffs
    Spoiler
    Show
    Theoretically, but then again, we have Gorgons despite there only ever being three in existence. I think that creatures like the Hydra were unique in myth as well.

Dragonokis (spelling by Hub website, although that means little) seem to basically be pony-chimeras, which could be either a generic term that Discord happens to fit under, or it could be an entire race of pre-Equestrian creatures that Discord was the "ruler" of.
    I put the term in quotes because it is unlikely he ever ruled a stable government of any size, and likely just lorded his abilities over anything happening to be living in his domain.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Makes sense...

Except for that name... seriously? Dragonokis?

9. - Top - End - #609
    Ogre in the Playground

Aotrs, your currently a... magical girl?

Wow. That's not even the worst of it, is it?

season 2 speculation

Spoiler
    Show
    Yeah, Deadly, that's plausible. Seems to make sense. Kind of wonder where the rest of them are though, eh?

10. - Top - End - #610
    Ogre in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Makes sense...

I thought it was supposed to be Dragoneques, as in Dragon-Horse.
    Steamname: Atheist God, if you're lucky.

11. - Top - End - #611

GnomeWizardGuy

Spoiler
    Show
    Makes sense...

It is entirely possible the website designers just threw together a spelling and didn't reference anything. Consider it one of the good points of department disconnect - the name can be easily retconned by someone more knowledgable.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Draconiquis looks better anyways.

Quote Originally Posted by Jahkaivah View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    That would make a lot of sense.
    [EDIT]
    Spoiler
    Show
    although perhaps draconequus would be the correct spelling.
    Last edited by erikun; 2011-09-21 at 06:49 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show
    The full set is here.

original image

12. - Top - End - #612
    Troll in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

@ Tavar

i would go with(2part Premiere of course) suited for success, winter wrap-up, at the gala, and if time sonic rainboom

the first 3 because they have the songs which are horribly insidiously infectious and the last for pure awesome

ok...now its time for me to call upon the resources of this mighty thread....
    i need a good sceenshot (or episode # + timestamp) that shows both eyes of Fluttershy in normal mode
    not sad, angry, crying...just normal/happy

i need this so i can make a tracing and use a copier to up/downsize them and get the correct size for my Fluttershy crochet doll being made...the original person used eyes i find too big

also need the same for Trixie... and since there is obviously much less footage of her.. fanart that is close to show style would work
    Ponies not only make ME want to be a better person than I was before they entered my life, they make me want to HELP OTHERS be better people too.

And that is a GOOD thing by any definition.

full size avatar

13. - Top - End - #613
    Orc in the Playground

About this whole chart thing, I can't seem to follow my transformation or even place myself on it at all:

I've never been at stage 1 ever.
    I had seen a few clips from the show from KnowYourMeme.com, but I never actually put the time into watching the show until months later.
    I went into the show expecting to like it, but not expecting to become addicted to it.
    After realising I had watched ten episodes, I figured out I was probably a brony.
    I don't give a damn about the merchandise. I may if I had more money and if Hasbro had any idea what they are doing. (Shiny Applejack! Pinkie with unPinkie hair! Pink Celestia with butterfly wings!)
    I love good fanfiction, although I lack the talent to actually write one.

All these things and more have convinced me that the Stages of brony infection/ponysanity should be abolished and replaced with a point system.
    Also, A new strip is up if you didn't realise.

14. - Top - End - #614
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Jahkaivah View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Well, Equus is the genus to which horses belong, so dracon-equus would also be dragon-horse. Also it sounds to me like she says "dracon" not "dragon"
    Last edited by Deadly; 2011-09-21 at 06:49 PM.

15. - Top - End - #615
    Troll in the Playground

Season 2 Speculation
    Spoiler
    Show
    Speculation:

Spoiler
    Show

I imagine he's a unique being with both a regular name and type-of-creaturename. Kinda how Nessie is a (the) Loch Ness Monster? Make sense?

Season 2 silliness:

Spoiler
    Show

Someone's probably done it already buuut....

Spoiler
    Show

Truth resists simplicity.

16. - Top - End - #616
    Titan in the Playground

Aotrs, your currently a... magical girl?

Wow. That's not even the worst of it, is it?
    *skullpalm*

No no no!

Commander Hopereaver is currently a magical girl!

I am exactly what I always have been, a ludicrously powerful and awesome Lich! With a rocket launcher!

(And, for the record, I am male, which I should probably state, since it's not always very evident on skeletons, especially given my light build. Heck, until she piped up, we all thought Hopereaver was a guy, and she's been serving as my aide for years!)

That's 'cos you have the perceptual ability of a-

*eyeglow raise*

-really awesome thing!

Also, my offical title in the Aotrs is actually Commadore Bleakbane (I got promoted after I started using this user name), which is why you sometimes see somepony addressing me as such.

Though, no, the worst of it is Lix's unseemly...well, let's call it what it is, stalker obessesion with me for reasons that I cannot comprehend (for which I should probably be relieved...)
    Last edited by Aotrs Commander; 2011-09-21 at 06:52 PM.

17. - Top - End - #617
    Titan in the Playground

I just proved how long a memory I have, and how devious I am at revenge (do you not remember what happened to Midnight, during that little power-mad rampage you went on that I single-handedly stopped?) and yet you continue to metaphotically poke the Ursa Major with a stick! You really have no sense of self-preservation do you?!
    And you just asked the Element of Pirates, the physical embodiment of the combination of unchecked chaotic-ness, devilishly clever thinking, and rum, if he had a sense of self-preservation.

The answer of course is: Maybe!
    I'm developing a game. Let's see what happens! Complex.

18. - Top - End - #618
    Titan in the Playground

You know, considering a recent magical girl show, being a lich with a rocket launcher doesn't preclude you from being a Magical Girl. Well, okay, if you only have one it might....
    He fears his fate too much, and his reward is small, who will not put it to the touch, to win or lose it all.
    -James Graham, 1st Marquess of Montrose
    Satomi by Elagune

19. - Top - End - #619
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by EsperDerek View Post
    Bleh, I'm sorry, everypony. I immediately regretted how angsty that post is. It's a combination of working eight days straight (yes, I'm including the sick day I took, because being sick is work), and being so sick over the past few days. I'm just worn right down.

Remember how we were wondering what it would be like if we were Discorded? Well, I think I have that right now. My Element of Pony feels like it has been discorded.

Thankfully, I don't have to go back in tomorrow after all, so I have two days off. Maybe. If things don't change again.

In apology, have a writing excerpt.

Spoiler
    Show
    “TWILIGHT! TWILIGHT!!”

Twilight groaned, and covered her head with her pillow. Trixie had only gotten up a couple of minutes ago, damn it! It was her turn anyways! One thing that the books had never warned her about was how often a parent would need to get up to tend to a newborne foal. Perhaps they didn’t mention it because the authors were afraid that nopony would ever become a parent knowing that. Sleep was becoming a luxury, and other, more enjoyable, nocturnal activites were rapidly becoming the dream of a previous life.

If she didn’t know better, she would have believed that Luna had done something to their daughter to ensure that Midnight would be a night pony. Perhaps they shouldn’t have named her after a time of night, too...

That brought them to tonight. MIdnight had been especially fussy, and both of them had been forced to be up with her multiple times already. Finally, finally, it seemed like she had settled down for a couple of hours, only for the peace of the house to be broken by weak crying. But it was Trixie’s turn this time, and she wasn’t going to get up! She was probably only messing up the diaper again anyways. Twilight couldn’t figure out how somepony who was so good with knots, was so terrible with tying up a diaper.

Of course, Twilight had to admit she was jealous on how easily Trixie was able to get Midnight to eat. She supposed that she had a edge in that department anyways.

No, she would just roll over, and pretend to be asl-

“TWILIGHT, SHE’S SICK!”

It was amazing how quickly she could move. She was halfway to the nursery before she knew it. She threw open the door, any trace of sleepiness gone. She nearly tripped over Spike, who, of course, was still asleep. It was truly amazing how deep that dragon could sleep.

For a moment, she thought it was Trixie who was the one who was sick. Trixie was paler than Twilight had ever seen her, save for the day of the reunion. The only thing breaking up that pallid look were her red-rimmed eyes. She looked frantically at Twilight, clutching the tiny bundle tightly against her protectively.

“S-she’s b-burning up...” Trixie choaked. Twilight swallowed down her own rising panic, and gently pushed in to check on her daughter. The fact that she wasn’t crying worried her...

She was shivering gently, and Midnight’s normally bright and vivid eyes were dulled with pain. Trembling, Twilight checked beneath her pelt, seeing that her skin was bright red, and her tiny horn was glowing, the occasional spark shooting forth from it. Midnight was letting out small little whimpers, her breathing was shallow, but stubborn. Twilight pressed a hoof gently against her forehead, and nearly recoiled. Trixie was right, Midnight was burning up, and it was a higher fever than she had been anticipating.

Those eyes looked up at her, already believing, knowing with all of her tiny heart, that her parents would be able to help her. To make the pain go away.

“W-What’s wrong with her? What do we do?” Trixie immediatly deferred to Twilight. This was not the time for pride, earned or not. Of the two of them, Twilight was most likely to know what to do, know how to help their weeks-old child...

“I...I...” Where was all the knowledge that she had prided herself in? Trixie and her daughter, they needed her, they were looking up at her, secure in the fact that she would think of something. Twilight Sparkle, most knowledagble pony in all of Equestria.

Nothing was coming to mind.

“I...don’t know...”

She never felt so helpless.
    Oh wow that was very nice. Kurgan linked me to your stuff on ED and I am just finishing up with it its all very good thank you.

20. - Top - End - #620

GnomeWizardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by otakuryoga View Post
    ok...now its time for me to call upon the resources of this mighty thread....
    i need a good sceenshot (or episode # + timestamp) that shows both eyes of Fluttershy in normal mode
    not sad, angry, crying...just normal/happy

i need this so i can make a tracing and use a copier to up/downsize them and get the correct size for my Fluttershy crochet doll being made...the original person used eyes i find too big

also need the same for Trixie... and since there is obviously much less footage of her.. fanart that is close to show style would work
    Will vectors work?
    http://takua770.deviantart.com/art/Fluttershy-216796453
    http://tigersoul96.deviantart.com/ar...ctor-253562632
    http://kitsuneymg.deviantart.com/art...ctor-244326010
    Or just look up a good pose yourself.

Here are a lot of Trixie screenshots.
    Spoiler
    Show
    The full set is here.

original image

21. - Top - End - #621
    Bugbear in the Playground

Well, okay, I don't have the energy to do a multiquote and fix all of the quotes and whatnot, so I'm cheating a little. And by a little, I mean, I'm putting in titles instead. So there.

On Midnight and Fire:

I-I don't think that I could get to like fire...I'm not a violent pony! I mean, I like messing with ponies, shipping them, that sort of general naughtiness, but visiting actual harm and fire to them? I couldn't do that. Even when defending myself or those that I love, I tend to resort to things like restraining or forcing retreat. I don't like fire. I like snuggles.

Of course, that's why she has me around. Remember that last guy who kept trying to blow us up? Notice how he hasn't said anything since I showed up? You wonder why that is?

On the thread and supervilliany:

Hey, I'm not a super-villian. Most of the time. Most of the tim-HEY! Hey, I wasn't even awake for the Midnight Mare thing, remember? O-oh yeah...

Mask wanting to be feared:

Oh, dear, I nearly forgot~! I packed you a lunch, and I made sure to give you your favorite applejuice in your thermos!

On Midnight's Church Robes:

It's okay about the mixup, Siuis! Thanks to you, I've actually spread out, worshippers can either wear the robes, or the harem outfits! It works amazingly well, and everypony looks so good in them... I think your nose is bleeding. It is not!

On Thistle Being Upset:

*Thistle feels hooves wrapping around her from behind, and a comforting nuzzle against her cheeks.

"It's okay...some ponies still think that my Momma will take over the world again, or is obsessed with revenge against everypony. It's not a very fun place to be in, I know."

Midnight smiles tenderly at the hippogriff.

"If you need to talk about it, you can always come to me, you know."

On Everypony's Support:

I know I said this already, but I wanted to thank everypony. You all have already improved my mood, and you've been so supportive. I love you guys (in a friendship sort of way.)
    Last edited by EsperDerek; 2011-09-21 at 07:06 PM.

22. - Top - End - #622
    Troll in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Ponies not only make ME want to be a better person than I was before they entered my life, they make me want to HELP OTHERS be better people too.

And that is a GOOD thing by any definition.

full size avatar

23. - Top - End - #623
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Titanium Fox View Post
    Just momentarily feeling like I contribute nothing to the thread, which logic-chained into feeling like my worthless posts were annoying, which logic-chained into me worrying that nopony actually likes me.
    Happens to me more than I'd like to admit...

On Midnight and Fire:

I-I don't think that I could get to like fire...I'm not a violent pony! I mean, I like messing with ponies, shipping them, that sort of general naughtiness, but visiting actual harm and fire to them? I couldn't do that. Even when defending myself or those that I love, I tend to resort to things like restraining or forcing retreat. I don't like fire. I like snuggles.

Of course, that's why she has me around. Remember that last guy who kept trying to blow us up? Notice how he hasn't said anything since I showed up? You wonder why that is?
    That's more not liking to use fire on someone, but fire is great even for less harmful, but still potentially destructive purposes!
    Thanks to Dirty Tabs for the Travis pony.

Spoiler
    Show

Thanks to A Thousand Words for the My Little Simhata avatar, and thanks to Trixie for fixing the cropping.

Breakdown Twilight from Pony Halloween celebration, thanks to Thanqol.

Thanks to Akrim.Elf for the awesome Laharl pony.

24. - Top - End - #624
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Titanium Fox View Post
    Eeeyup. I'm on it!

*Flees to retrieve a five star meal*
    ^_^

In all seriousness, thank you so much everypony for putting up with my miniature little mental breakdown there. I've gotten good at managing my paranoia over the past 20 years, but every once in a while it gets the better of me.

Also. Return hugs are required.

*Megahypersnugglehug*
    We are bronies. What else could we do?

Quote Originally Posted by Nameless View Post
    I have my theories on what Lauren Faust has actually done, but I won't go into that.
    Now I want to knoooow...

Wait a second, didn't I hear that Aotrs was originally the straight man for the thread? Then what's all this talk of pony space armadas?
    You think the space armadas are a joke? They're a FACT.

I like this plan. xD

Quote Originally Posted by Grif View Post
    Lix Launcher.

Drawing.

Make it happen.
    ...well, actually, with a reference for Inkwell's manestyle, I could probably do that myself.

Though, no, the worst of it is Lix's unseemly...well, let's call it what it is, stalker obessesion with me for reasons that I cannot comprehend (for which I should probably be relieved...)
    Two reasons.
    1. I do NOT fail.
    2. You're fun to annoy.
    Recent Homebrew: The Socialite | The Crystalline: Memory Altering Construct Race | Sanguine Hand, a ToB Discipline of blood and cruelty
    Homebrew Signature | NEW Homebrew Collection
    Thanks to all my avatar artists, especially to Paisley for my avatar of Vivian, cowardly cryophoenix.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thanqol View Post
    It's like the feng shui version of an orbital death laser.

25. - Top - End - #625
    Titan in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Lix Lorn View Post
    You think the space armadas are a joke? They're a FACT.
    Most of us generally have the good graces to keep ours away from Earth, so you usually don't notice. But out there, among the stars, are trillions of star-warships, doing battle with every kind of weapon imaginable.

26. - Top - End - #626
    Ettin in the Playground

Hey, ponythread, can you get this to run?

http://distoorted.livejournal.com/9356.html

I can't seem to load the game. Damnit, I wanted to play with Rainbow Dash in a guitar.

EDIT: To clarify, I get a white screen and a 'Movie Not Loaded' with Adobe Flash Player. I have the latest version. I tried both Chrome and IE. Both failed to load.

Now I'm thinking my university connection is blocking the site.
    Last edited by Grif; 2011-09-21 at 07:45 PM.

27. - Top - End - #627
    Barbarian in the Playground

Speaking of which, I have a question. How hard do you like your sci-fi universes?

Bleh, I'm sorry, everypony. I immediately regretted how angsty that post is. It's a combination of working eight days straight (yes, I'm including the sick day I took, because being sick is work), and being so sick over the past few days. I'm just worn right down.

Remember how we were wondering what it would be like if we were Discorded? Well, I think I have that right now. My Element of Pony feels like it has been discorded.

Thankfully, I don't have to go back in tomorrow after all, so I have two days off. Maybe. If things don't change again.

In apology, have a writing excerpt.

Spoiler
    Show
    “TWILIGHT! TWILIGHT!!”

Twilight groaned, and covered her head with her pillow. Trixie had only gotten up a couple of minutes ago, damn it! It was her turn anyways! One thing that the books had never warned her about was how often a parent would need to get up to tend to a newborne foal. Perhaps they didn’t mention it because the authors were afraid that nopony would ever become a parent knowing that. Sleep was becoming a luxury, and other, more enjoyable, nocturnal activites were rapidly becoming the dream of a previous life.

If she didn’t know better, she would have believed that Luna had done something to their daughter to ensure that Midnight would be a night pony. Perhaps they shouldn’t have named her after a time of night, too...

That brought them to tonight. MIdnight had been especially fussy, and both of them had been forced to be up with her multiple times already. Finally, finally, it seemed like she had settled down for a couple of hours, only for the peace of the house to be broken by weak crying. But it was Trixie’s turn this time, and she wasn’t going to get up! She was probably only messing up the diaper again anyways. Twilight couldn’t figure out how somepony who was so good with knots, was so terrible with tying up a diaper.

Of course, Twilight had to admit she was jealous on how easily Trixie was able to get Midnight to eat. She supposed that she had a edge in that department anyways.

No, she would just roll over, and pretend to be asl-

“TWILIGHT, SHE’S SICK!”

It was amazing how quickly she could move. She was halfway to the nursery before she knew it. She threw open the door, any trace of sleepiness gone. She nearly tripped over Spike, who, of course, was still asleep. It was truly amazing how deep that dragon could sleep.

For a moment, she thought it was Trixie who was the one who was sick. Trixie was paler than Twilight had ever seen her, save for the day of the reunion. The only thing breaking up that pallid look were her red-rimmed eyes. She looked frantically at Twilight, clutching the tiny bundle tightly against her protectively.

“S-she’s b-burning up...” Trixie choaked. Twilight swallowed down her own rising panic, and gently pushed in to check on her daughter. The fact that she wasn’t crying worried her...

She was shivering gently, and Midnight’s normally bright and vivid eyes were dulled with pain. Trembling, Twilight checked beneath her pelt, seeing that her skin was bright red, and her tiny horn was glowing, the occasional spark shooting forth from it. Midnight was letting out small little whimpers, her breathing was shallow, but stubborn. Twilight pressed a hoof gently against her forehead, and nearly recoiled. Trixie was right, Midnight was burning up, and it was a higher fever than she had been anticipating.

Those eyes looked up at her, already believing, knowing with all of her tiny heart, that her parents would be able to help her. To make the pain go away.

“W-What’s wrong with her? What do we do?” Trixie immediatly deferred to Twilight. This was not the time for pride, earned or not. Of the two of them, Twilight was most likely to know what to do, know how to help their weeks-old child...

“I...I...” Where was all the knowledge that she had prided herself in? Trixie and her daughter, they needed her, they were looking up at her, secure in the fact that she would think of something. Twilight Sparkle, most knowledagble pony in all of Equestria.

Nothing was coming to mind.

“I...don’t know...”

She never felt so helpless.
    That's... pretty spectacular. Is this your first draft? I wish I could do something like that. On a technical note, I still think 'pelt' is akward when you use it on horses. Minor nitpick, though. Would read.

I guess it's a bit late, but hope you get well soon.

Quote Originally Posted by BlasTech View Post
    -fanfic recommendations-
    Mine:

Our First Steps (Although I'm a bit biased, as I love Space Race stories.)
    Antipodes
    (If you have a strong stomach) Fallout: Equestria

Also, what fanfiction projects are everyone working on? I hate it when some of my work gets lost in the flow, and I'd like to compile a list so everyone can have their work appreciated.
    Last edited by dromer; 2011-09-21 at 07:59 PM.

28. - Top - End - #628

GnomeWizardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Grif View Post
    EDIT: To clarify, I get a white screen and a 'Movie Not Loaded' with Adobe Flash Player. I have the latest version. I tried both Chrome and IE. Both failed to load.

Now I'm thinking my university connection is blocking the site.
    It works just fine for me. I think that it's either your university blocking it of just not allowing Flash Player to load on that computer.

Quote Originally Posted by dromer View Post
    Also, what fanfiction projects are everyone working on? I hate it when some of my work gets lost in the flow, and I'd like to compile a list so everyone can have their work appreciated.
    I should stop pretending like I'm going to do something and either write or just give up, shouldn't I?
    Spoiler
    Show
    The full set is here.

original image

29. - Top - End - #629
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Dexam View Post
    I do believe we have a winner - and with a maximum of efficiency, unless somepony else can minimize the letter count even further.
    How about this:

I.

Come one, come all! GitP MLP Steam Group is open!
    Current location of the last MLP Thread OP, too.
    Want to ask me something? Use MAIL or message me on Steam!

Spoiler
    Show

>Click!<
    Amazing Art by Dirtytabs :P
    HW Ava © ETsofu

"Well, the Great and Powerful Trixie can't actually transport you to Equestria... But!
    The Great and Powerful Trixie can beat you over the head until you think that's what happened!"

30. - Top - End - #630
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by erikun View Post
    It works just fine for me. I think that it's either your university blocking it of just not allowing Flash Player to load on that computer.

I should stop pretending like I'm going to do something and either write or just give up, shouldn't I?
    Interestingly, other Flash videos/applications work. What the heck?

Quote Originally Posted by dromer View Post
    Pony Effect, though my work on this slowed down tremendously due to ongoing corrections and RL. (and pony RP.)
    Last edited by Grif; 2011-09-21 at 08:09 PM.