New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 31 of 50 FirstFirst ... 6212223242526272829303132333435363738394041 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #901
    Ogre in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Default Re: My Little Pony XXIV: Now About 200% Longer Than Firefly

Quote Originally Posted by Thanqol View Post
    *Gets haircut, goes in to work*

Coworker: "What happened to your hair?"
    Me: "I gave it to a sea serpent."
    Coworker: "What?"
    Me: "It's not like that. This guy was huge."
    Coworker: "Why does a sea serpent need your hair?"
    Me: "For his moustache, of course."
    So...you pass through the Everfree Forest on your way to work?
    Last edited by RdMarquis; 2011-09-23 at 06:08 AM.

2. - Top - End - #902
    Colossus in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by RdMarquis View Post
    So...you pass through the Everfree Forest on your way to work?
    I live in Australia. It's like the Everfree Forest, but on fire.

3. - Top - End - #903
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Bayonet Priest View Post
    So would it be like ponies with a number on them or would you have to remember which pony is what number? Pony dice sound awesome, I can't think of any monochrome images off the top of my head though.
    I was thinking ponies with numbers on them, yes. Possibly an outline of the pony with a number in the center.

I can't think of any suitable images either, I may have to get someone to draw what I need, possibly paying them off at least partly in dice. (Minimum order is 25, which is fine considering that I play GURPS...)
    "Ponies are proof that god loves us and wants us to be happy."-Ben Franklin

Rainbow dash...
    They're coming. The Shippers are coming for you, but listen—your life could depend on this—don't blink. Don't even blink. Blink and you're shipped. They are fast, faster than you could believe. Don't turn your back, don't look away, and don't blink. Good luck.

Gamerlord on EQD.
    Spoiler
    Show

4. - Top - End - #904
    Troll in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

wow, does it feel like its been a heck of a lot longer than 6 days since season 2 premiered to anyone else?
    its gotta be the constant turbo speed of this thread since then thats causing this feeling

Quote Originally Posted by Dexam View Post
    Breaking news: a FiM animator is looking for Original Character ponies for a scene in the show.

*eyes ponythread*

That poor, poor inbox... it doesn't know what it's about to be hit by.
    yeah, i saw that... i am thinking its more likely they want to get a bunch of cutie marks(since we see soooo many of the same ones again and again) more than put the entire OC into the show..but even so that would be cool

but if it is for the entire OC...Midnight should be a shoo-in if this guy is the least bit familiar with the big fanfics
    Last edited by otakuryoga; 2011-09-23 at 07:12 AM.
    Ponies not only make ME want to be a better person than I was before they entered my life, they make me want to HELP OTHERS be better people too.

And that is a GOOD thing by any definition.

full size avatar

5. - Top - End - #905
    Dwarf in the Playground

I live in Australia. It's like the Everfree Forest, but on fire.
    I think Australia has more poison as well, and more spines. Don't know about the tree sap in Australia, but I wouldn't be surprised if it were poisonous as well. (and on fire... as it comes out of the tree... at high velocity... aimed at you...)

Rainbow dash...
    They're coming. The Shippers are coming for you, but listen—your life could depend on this—don't blink. Don't even blink. Blink and you're shipped. They are fast, faster than you could believe. Don't turn your back, don't look away, and don't blink. Good luck.

Gamerlord on EQD.
    Spoiler
    Show

6. - Top - End - #906
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Kalinda View Post
    I think Australia has more poison as well, and more spines. Don't know about the tree sap in Australia, but I wouldn't be surprised if it were poisonous as well. (and on fire... as it comes out of the tree... at high velocity... aimed at you...)
    The list of non-fatal Australian animals is: some of the sheep?

7. - Top - End - #907
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Digestive Man View Post
    Maybe this will cheer the Commodore up.
    Spoiler
    Show

DAMMIT!

Okay, look, Bleakbane! Chocolate! Lots of chocolate! All for you! And you can have it if-

Not interested.

!!
    !!
    !?
    Does not compute.

Okay, who are you and what have you done with the real Bleakbane? Everyone get ready! Enragers, get in here!

*stompstompstomp*

Commander, you are overreacting. Enragers, stand down.

Complying.

I have simply changed my priorities to contrate things that are more important. I'll be in engineering, Commander; I do suggest you calm yourself before I have to take...action.

Damn!

Commander! I just found something. I checked the scans, like you said, to look for stuff taken out. I was looking for external effects on him yesterday, but I didn't think to check that. So, I analysed the Commadore's magic levels. They were fluctuating, just like normal in combat and I didn't say anything usual. Until I compared the start and end results.

Let me guess, the ending level was much lower.

No, it was 10% higher.

What?

And I double-checked and triple checked. It's all his own, definately no outside influence.

Then how?

Incoming transmission, commander!

Perhaps, I can explain, Commander.

!!
    !!
    !!

L...Lord Death Despoil! But we didn't... How did you know...

At ease, Commander Hopereaver. I foresaw your confusion when I became aware of the situation. The explanation is very simple. The good Commadore has merely undergone Spirit Vessel Will Reinforcement.

Whuh?

I've heard of it, but... I thought that only happened to really old and powerful Liches.

Not exactly. As you know, Liches tend to grow in power over time. As they grow stronger, the Lich's spirit-bond with their vessel - that is, their body - improves. This enforces the "haunting" effect, radically improving ther physical and magical abilites. This occurs naturally over long periods of time, but in especially gifted individuals, at moments of crisis or persona nirvana it can happen in one large leap. Spirit Vessel Will Reinforcement, or SVWR is the technical term for this occurance.

Though Lord Yeller takes a child-like delight in referring to it as"SpiV-Wi-Re-ment."

Perhaps an analogy suited to the forums you are currently frequenting would serve better?

Wha-? I'm sorry my Lord, it's just-

Peace, Hopereaver. You are not in trouble.

If I am getting the terminology right, he has, as you say, "gone up a level". Perhaps more than one. And his "statistical ability scores" had all increased.

But his personality-

Is unchanged. Notice that when he caught your attack, he did not drain you?

How did you know about that-

Wait, yeah, Lord Death Despoil.

Huh... I guess he didn't, at that.

I believe the poster, SiuiS, was it, was closer to the truth then he realises when he noted the good Commadore acting more "evil" than usual. Did you not observe yourself that he is more focussed than he would be during a serious crisis? He is now simply capable of greater focus, and is in, "combat mode" so to speak, because he is riding on the power high - not unlike running on adrenaline, if you will pardon my phrasing for our living observers - of his new-found abilities. He will return to his relative state of normalcy in time, have no fear. No doubt you can assist the process, as you have been doing.

Ah, here he comes now.

My Lord.

Commadore. Congratulations are in order, I felt your evolution last night. Very impressive in one so young. As I have said before, your potential continues to surprise me. Keep up the good work and you shall go very far.

Thank you, my Lord.

Hmm. Commadore, Perhaps there is one more thing I need you to do, before I go.

Your command?

I think you should watch...this.

Quote Originally Posted by BlasTech View Post
    My Lord? Er, yes. At once!

Very good, Commadore. Good day.

I fail to see what importance this should have, but orders are orders...

mmph. Mrrfff. Bwahahahahahaha!

Starscream! Bwahaha! And she-muaahaha! And then he was like- ahahaha!

Oh, gods, that was awesome!

So, feeling normal again, chief. Relatively speaking.

Oh, I'm feeling much *eyeglow flare* better than that...

Uh, sir... You should probably take another look at this:

Spoiler
    Show
    Aha! See! See! THIS is what I'm talking about!

Victory for Spike!

Muahahahaha!

Right, I guess I'll just get rid of this...

Touch that chocolate, Hopereaver and your spleen will become violently introduced to my fist via your gastro-intestinal tract!

It's good to have you back, sir!
    Last edited by Aotrs Commander; 2011-09-23 at 07:23 AM.

8. - Top - End - #908
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Tectonic Robot View Post
    The list of non-fatal Australian animals is: some of the sheep?
    Any list of non-lethal or less-than-lethal animals in Australia cannot be complete without listing the dead animals. roughly 63.7% of all dead animals experience a severe drop in lethality.

9. - Top - End - #909
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Kalinda View Post
    Well, the Eucalyptus trees down here secrete oil on hot days ... yeeahh, lets not let the CMC anywhere near them. Exploding trees are not good.
    Last edited by BlasTech; 2011-09-23 at 07:40 AM.

10. - Top - End - #910
    Bugbear in the Playground

Mask: "Student? Aw." *Demoted*
    Not demoted. My next step was to explain the truth of the situation to him.

The entire truth. About the whole 'parent of Celestia' 'part of the Apple clan', etc/etc/etc thing.

His brain promptly exploded.

So not demoted, my sweet little foal! *sweater, hot chocolate, apple, mothermothermother*

Quote Originally Posted by Kurgan View Post
    Me like, just a few things:

Spoiler
    Show

Not sure if it is actually misspelled or if its just American vs English English, but I’ve always seen that word as “newborn”

You capitalized the “I” in Midnight.

An edge.

This sort of reads weird to me, I’d suggest “it was Trixie who was sick.”

All of that is from Excerpt 1. For some reason my editor's eye failed me for the second part. I might try again at a later date and see if I missed anything.
    Thanks, changed, those are silly little things basically caused by my unfamiliarity with this new keyboard. Save the last one, at least.

As for deLancie reading out my fanfic, or Midnight being a background OC pony, yes, I'd love both of those things, but I don't think they're going to happen.
    Last edited by EsperDerek; 2011-09-23 at 07:47 AM.

11. - Top - End - #911

Quote Originally Posted by EsperDerek View Post

The entire truth. About the whole 'parent of Celestia' 'part of the Apple clan', etc/etc/etc thing.

So not demoted, my sweet little foal! *sweater, hot chocolate, apple, mothermothermother*
    Mask: "Yay! I made a head explode!" *Noms apple* "Have you ever blown up any other heads, princess mommy?"

Thanks, changed, those are silly little things basically caused by my unfamiliarity with this new keyboard.

As for deLancie reading out my fanfic, or Midnight being a background OC pony, yes, I'd love both of those things, but I don't think they're going to happen.
    If either of those things were to happen to my works, or anything which has been associated, even in passing, with my works I would disappear in a singularity of glee.

12. - Top - End - #912
    Troll in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Thanks, changed, those are silly little things basically caused by my unfamiliarity with this new keyboard. Save the last one, at least.

should go for it though...unless they do the "give up any and all rights, submission becomes sole property of hasbro, etc etc" BS
    Ponies not only make ME want to be a better person than I was before they entered my life, they make me want to HELP OTHERS be better people too.

full size avatar

13. - Top - End - #913

Mask: "Yay! I made a head explode!" *Noms apple* "Have you ever blown up any other heads, princess mommy?"
    "Wellll...yes. There are a lot of ponies who can barely process how I was born, let alone when it comes to explaining about you. Their brains just can't take it."

If either of those things were to happen to my works, or anything which has been associated, even in passing, with my works I would disappear in a singularity of glee.
    I would probably squee in glee and then promptly explode or melt into a puddle of goo or something.

Oh, I also just watched the Death Battle, that result was obvious from the start. Everypony knew who was going to win.

14. - Top - End - #914

Quote Originally Posted by otakuryoga View Post
    should go for it though...unless they do the "give up any and all rights, submission becomes sole property of hasbro, etc etc" BS
    If Hasbro wants to steal my ideas, I would be ecstatic. Can you comprehend what an enormous head start that would be to my career? "Why yes, actually, I have written commercially. I've been employed by Hasbro to write children's entertainment."

Basically, I'm going to write a lot of things in my time, so if a few of those things go into the world without me seeing payment then that's a price I'll cheerfully pay for name recognition.

"Wellll...yes. There are a lot of ponies who can barely process how I was born, let alone when it comes to explaining about you. Their brains just can't take it."
    Mask: "How were you born, Princess Mommy?"

15. - Top - End - #915

Quote Originally Posted by otakuryoga View Post
    The reasons why I don't forsee Midnight being picked:

a) It's obvious where she comes from/'Special to draw': Artists have drawn her with aspects of all three of her parents. Even slapped onto a generic ponybody, the similarities would still be quite evident.

b) Her Cutie Mark: It's just too darn complex for a background pony. The tarot card, the background...it's not an easy cutiemark to draw.

I'll probably submit, but I'm not holding my breath.

*Midnight suddenly flushes red, and hmms and haws for a moment.

"One night, your Grandparents got together to...celebrate their friendship and love. In doing this, the three of them performed a wondrous magical spell. That spell created me, their daughter.

Yeah, that sounds close enough..."

16. - Top - End - #916

*Midnight suddenly flushes red, and hmms and haws for a moment.

"One night, your Grandparents got together to...celebrate their friendship and love. In doing this, the three of them performed a wondrous magical spell. That spell created me, their daughter.

Yeah, that sounds close enough..."
    Mask: "Wow! How was I born?"

17. - Top - End - #917
    Troll in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

If Hasbro wants to steal my ideas, I would be ecstatic. Can you comprehend what an enormous head start that would be to my career? "Why yes, actually, I have written commercially. I've been employed by Hasbro to write children's entertainment."

Basically, I'm going to write a lot of things in my time, so if a few of those things go into the world without me seeing payment then that's a price I'll cheerfully pay for name recognition.

true...and not like they could actually stop writing of more fics for the character...forget i said anything...thats what i get for posting on just 3 hours sleep

full size avatar

18. - Top - End - #918
    Troll in the Playground

I heard it involved Pinkie Pie, a Particle Accelerator and some non-dairy powdered creamer.
    Thanks to Dirty Tabs for the Travis pony.

Spoiler
    Show

Thanks to A Thousand Words for the My Little Simhata avatar, and thanks to Trixie for fixing the cropping.

Breakdown Twilight from Pony Halloween celebration, thanks to Thanqol.

Thanks to Akrim.Elf for the awesome Laharl pony.

19. - Top - End - #919
    Ogre in the Playground

It's times like these I wish I had an OC. Although he probably just needs filler for a crowd scene. Or perhaps a bunch of ponies for an Terrible Interviewees Montage. I could go with Sunny Skies, but that's not really an OC now, is it?

20. - Top - End - #920
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by PhantomFox View Post
    It's times like these I wish I had an OC. Although he probably just needs filler for a crowd scene. Or perhaps a bunch of ponies for an Terrible Interviewees Montage. I could go with Sunny Skies, but that's not really an OC now, is it?
    I think Sunny Skies may qualify as Celestia's OC pony. She even uses her for LARPs...

Rainbow dash...

Gamerlord on EQD.
    Spoiler
    Show

21. - Top - End - #921
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Topaz View Post
    "Covered in tree sap and on fire" has become a meme regarding anything the Cutie Mark Crusaders get involved with (though lately it seems to have been replaced with "covered in chocolate").

And, oh, by the way?
    Spoiler
    Show
    Who's a pretty pony? You're a pretty pony!
    Spoiler
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by Lix Lorn View Post
    ...hey, Nameless is an alicorn!
    And has the same hair in the same color as me!
    We can be hair friends.

Quote Originally Posted by Castel View Post
    Today is a good day.

Spoiler
    Show
    Jealousy. I haz it.

The Cutie Mark Crusaders (CMC) mentioned in show that most of their antics end up with them covered in tree sap. At some point along the line, fire got added into the mix. From there, anytime someone says "Cutie Mark Crusaders X!" we automatically register is at "it can only end in tree sap and fire."
    Hm. Times like this I wish I was more in to the show itself.

See, I get this! Because I actually watched this episode!
    Last edited by Nameless; 2011-09-23 at 09:11 AM.

22. - Top - End - #922
    Troll in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Nameless View Post

Hm. Times like this I wish I was more in to the show itself.
    yes...as part of my descent into(Embrace of? ) ponysanity when i came across a poster of pony themed drinks and posted it someone asked why there wasnt one for the town drunk... here it is if you are curious
    warning: LARGE
    Spoiler
    Show

well the poster has 4 drinks each line so you cant add just one..so i came up with 4 new ones...and thats how Equestria was
    i got my element of booze

for Berry Punch
    Berry Punch-- Blackberry Schnapps, Pear Vodka, Apple juice, Sprite, Baja Luna Black Rasberry, garnish with a strawberry half

for the CMC
    Flaming Crusader-- Bombay Gin, Cointreau, Apple Vodka, add a spoonful of maple syrup, serve flaming

for Gummy
    Swamp Water--Mtn Dew, Apple Vodka, Midori Melon Liquer, Lime juice, optional: top with shredded Nori(dried seaweed)

and for OUR fanon
    Midnight's Kiss or Midnight Bliss-- Mtn Dew Pitch Black, Blackberry Schnapps, Blue Raz Vodka, Baja Luna Black Rasberry

I make no claim that these would be any good, but hey, they fit thematically
    Last edited by otakuryoga; 2011-09-23 at 09:24 AM.

full size avatar

23. - Top - End - #923

How Mask Was Born (Storytime!):
    Spoiler
    Show
    "Oh, my, well. That is a completely different story. I do not have my mother's talent for telling such stories, but perhaps I can do this justice.

"Before you were born, before you were even a glimmer in my eye, a unicorn was exploring the depths of the Everfree Forest. The reason why escapes me at the moment, although I recall it was some sort of act of youthful recklessness. A young mare attempting to prove she was an adult.

She got herself lost. It is so easy to lose oneself in that forest of chaos, where maps shift, and compasses spin. As day turned to night, and night to day, the pony felt hunger gnaw at her, and thirst parch her throat. She feared she would die, far from home, far from the ponies that she loved.

But before resolve failed her, a glimmer of hope presented itself. The tracks of another pony! Perhaps she was close to civilization, she would follow the tracks, and be free from the Everfree!

Mustering her will, she began to follow the tracks. But they were erratic. They seemed to double-back on themselves on more than one occasion, and she was getting more and more lost!

But still, she followed the tracks. She was desperate, you see. She was scared, and cold, and alone. She didn't know what else to do.

Finally, she came to an end of the tracks. They stopped at a ditch, and the young unicorn peeked over the edge, to find that the source of those tracks. A wizened, withered grey Earth Pony had fallen into the ditch, near-death. Even still, his front hooves covered his face from view.

The young unicorn was on guard, for she knew who this was. Her parents had told her of the Old Stories, the stories of the Time of Discord. But still, the unicorn felt her heart fill with pity.

"Do you need help?" She asked.

"No." He replied, for it was his nature to lie, even on his dying day.

"I know who you are." The unicorn said, as she carefully slid down the ditch, to attend to the dying pony.

"No, you don't." He whispered, and the unicorn felt her pity grow. Here was a pony who was so filled with insecurities and doubt that he denied even his own identity.

"Yes, I do. You are dying, you know. Allow me to help you. Allow me to make your last moments comfortable. Nopony should die like this." The young mare said, and stooped down, gently nuzzling at the old stallion.

"I am not dying, I do not need help." He lied habitually, but the unicorn shook her head. Slowly she pressed herself against the ancient pony, allowing his frail body to soak in her warmth. Both were silent for a long time. The unicorn nearly dozed off, until she heard the earth pony speak again.

"I am afraid." He whispered, and slowly moved his legs. The unicorn would be the first pony...in a very, very long time to behold his true face, with no masks to hide it. "I do not want to die alone."

The young mare knew this to be true. Perhaps the first truth he had ever spoken.

"You will not. Do not be afraid. I am here." She whispered into his ear, and gave his lips a tender kiss. A motherly kiss.

He let out a soft sigh, breathed his last into the unicorn, and passed from this world.

The unicorn wept. She held that frail body until it went cold, for it was her first experience in the final truth of all ponies. But, eventually, she gathered herself up. Using her magic, she buried him, and left a simple marker, so that everypony would know the truth of who laid there.

She eventually found her way home. Perhaps the Element of Honesty was on her side that day, for the Everfree Forest seemed straight and true, with none of it's usual tricks.

So, she was reunited with her family, and her friends. Her life would go on, filled with excitement, love, and adventure. She was blessed, and would always be blessed, for it was her nature.

But she would always remember the old Earth Pony, and his last moment of honesty.""

Okay, that took me a LOT longer than I was expecting. I can only hope that I did it some justice.
    Last edited by EsperDerek; 2011-09-23 at 03:47 PM.

24. - Top - End - #924
    Troll in the Playground

A question to everyone with an OC, if you could get anyone, living or dead, from any point in their life to voice your character, who would it be?
    Thanks to Dirty Tabs for the Travis pony.

Spoiler
    Show

Thanks to A Thousand Words for the My Little Simhata avatar, and thanks to Trixie for fixing the cropping.

Breakdown Twilight from Pony Halloween celebration, thanks to Thanqol.

Thanks to Akrim.Elf for the awesome Laharl pony.

25. - Top - End - #925
    Troll in the Playground

How about Kathleen Barr? :P

Though, I'd settle for Jennifer Hale and Sara Kestelman or Kelly Hu too, male, Martin Sheen or John Cygan, maybe?
    Come one, come all! GitP MLP Steam Group is open!
    Current location of the last MLP Thread OP, too.
    Want to ask me something? Use MAIL or message me on Steam!

Spoiler
    Show

>Click!<
    Amazing Art by Dirtytabs :P
    HW Ava © ETsofu

"Well, the Great and Powerful Trixie can't actually transport you to Equestria... But!
    The Great and Powerful Trixie can beat you over the head until you think that's what happened!"

26. - Top - End - #926
    Troll in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

huh...im glad i reposted that poster....the cutie marks for Fluttershy and Trixie next to their drinks looks to be just about perfect size for my crochet ponies---squeeee

now i gotta find some good eyes and get em sized properly

full size avatar

27. - Top - End - #927
    Dwarf in the Playground

Happy birthday! So wait...was I the only one planning on harassing you on Saturday then?
    Ya I think so.

Quote Originally Posted by Castel View Post
    Today is a good day.

Spoiler
    Show
    Where you get those, I am so jealous?

28. - Top - End - #928

Once again ponies have entered my dreams.

(Please excuse the sloppy writing, its early in the morning and I'm trying to pull this from memory.)
    Spoiler
    Show

I am somewhere near my house, when I hear someone talking about how they had seen the eagle. For some reason, I decide that I too must see this creature, and hop into my car and drive down the road for a mile or two, at which point I see the eagle (its a bald eagle, by the way). Along the way I am listening in on conversations over the radio, mostly people talking about the eagle and how it kills so many animals and that it helps so and so hunt and so on.

While wondering why the eagle never helps me hunt (probably because I don't hunt...), I forget that there is a curve in the road and veer off into a bog filled with mines (in real life there is a soccer/football field there, so I have no idea where bogs and mines come from). At this point my car turns into a wagon and I begin to scoot out (I scoot, but I'm not a pony quite yet) of the bog onto the far side, where there is apparently a small truck stop.

At the stop I run across a friend from work, who pulls in about the same time I do with three trucks. Turns out he got tired of the grocery business and decided to start a trucking company with his wife and 15 year old son (by the way, I don't actually know if this guy is married or has a child). He asks me to keep quiet on a few things, since he is breaking a small handful of laws, such as having a 15 year old trucker in his company.

I leave the stop, and go to the road that connects the road to where I am to the road that I was originally on (just picture a rectangle, with the bog in the middle). As I'm about to go onto the connector road, I see sirens. Two volunteer firefighters are driving up the road, reach the end, and turn back to where they were.

Curious, I follow them, at which point I turn into Scootaloo, Sweetie Bell, and Apple Bloom. I see all of the firetrucks, and think I see some of the fire, but the view is awkward due to a bunch of trees. At this point, Captain Ido. Nos declares that we must go higher, so we go up the hill a ways, and hit what is apparently a reverse gravity trap, as we are all flung into the air at random directions, and are now in the process of falling to our deaths.

Until Fluttershy arrives in the nick of time and grabs all three of us (I guess the Captain was lost...). Unfortunately, she has also picked up a random mishmash of pirates, knights, marines, and generic villainous characters who had apparently been stalking us from the beginning. The added weight causes her to lose control, and we crash land.

Fluttershy then puts on her ninja outfit, and walks straight up to the leader of the bad guys. He apparently sent the men after the CMC because his boss threatened to turn him into a sandwich if he didn't. Hearing this, Fluttershy then walks away and leads us to safety.

Sir, you may be more ponysane than I. I wish I could have badass Cutie Mark Crusaders Ninjas Yay dreams.

Please tell me you ACTUALLY said this to him.

Spoiler
    Show
    That is so rediculously D'awwwable I think I now actually have Diabetes. Hang on. Let me go see a doctor.

Eeeeyup.

Big Mac, when did you become a doctor?!

Quote Originally Posted by Aotrs Commander View Post
    Spoiler
    Show

DAMMIT!

Okay, look, Bleakbane! Chocolate! Lots of chocolate! All for you! And you can have it if-

Not interested.

!!
    !!
    !?
    Does not compute.

Okay, who are you and what have you done with the real Bleakbane? Everyone get ready! Enragers, get in here!

*stompstompstomp*

Commander, you are overreacting. Enragers, stand down.

Complying.

I have simply changed my priorities to contrate things that are more important. I'll be in engineering, Commander; I do suggest you calm yourself before I have to take...action.

Damn!

Commander! I just found something. I checked the scans, like you said, to look for stuff taken out. I was looking for external effects on him yesterday, but I didn't think to check that. So, I analysed the Commadore's magic levels. They were fluctuating, just like normal in combat and I didn't say anything usual. Until I compared the start and end results.

Let me guess, the ending level was much lower.

No, it was 10% higher.

What?

And I double-checked and triple checked. It's all his own, definately no outside influence.

Then how?

Incoming transmission, commander!

Perhaps, I can explain, Commander.

!!
    !!
    !!

L...Lord Death Despoil! But we didn't... How did you know...

At ease, Commander Hopereaver. I foresaw your confusion when I became aware of the situation. The explanation is very simple. The good Commadore has merely undergone Spirit Vessel Will Reinforcement.

Whuh?

I've heard of it, but... I thought that only happened to really old and powerful Liches.

Not exactly. As you know, Liches tend to grow in power over time. As they grow stronger, the Lich's spirit-bond with their vessel - that is, their body - improves. This enforces the "haunting" effect, radically improving ther physical and magical abilites. This occurs naturally over long periods of time, but in especially gifted individuals, at moments of crisis or persona nirvana it can happen in one large leap. Spirit Vessel Will Reinforcement, or SVWR is the technical term for this occurance.

Though Lord Yeller takes a child-like delight in referring to it as"SpiV-Wi-Re-ment."

Perhaps an analogy suited to the forums you are currently frequenting would serve better?

Wha-? I'm sorry my Lord, it's just-

Peace, Hopereaver. You are not in trouble.

If I am getting the terminology right, he has, as you say, "gone up a level". Perhaps more than one. And his "statistical ability scores" had all increased.

But his personality-

Is unchanged. Notice that when he caught your attack, he did not drain you?

How did you know about that-

Wait, yeah, Lord Death Despoil.

Huh... I guess he didn't, at that.

I believe the poster, SiuiS, was it, was closer to the truth then he realises when he noted the good Commadore acting more "evil" than usual. Did you not observe yourself that he is more focussed than he would be during a serious crisis? He is now simply capable of greater focus, and is in, "combat mode" so to speak, because he is riding on the power high - not unlike running on adrenaline, if you will pardon my phrasing for our living observers - of his new-found abilities. He will return to his relative state of normalcy in time, have no fear. No doubt you can assist the process, as you have been doing.

Ah, here he comes now.

My Lord.

Commadore. Congratulations are in order, I felt your evolution last night. Very impressive in one so young. As I have said before, your potential continues to surprise me. Keep up the good work and you shall go very far.

Thank you, my Lord.

Hmm. Commadore, Perhaps there is one more thing I need you to do, before I go.

Your command?

I think you should watch...this.

My Lord? Er, yes. At once!

Very good, Commadore. Good day.

I fail to see what importance this should have, but orders are orders...

mmph. Mrrfff. Bwahahahahahaha!

Starscream! Bwahaha! And she-muaahaha! And then he was like- ahahaha!

Oh, gods, that was awesome!

So, feeling normal again, chief. Relatively speaking.

Oh, I'm feeling much *eyeglow flare* better than that...

Uh, sir... You should probably take another look at this:

Aha! See! See! THIS is what I'm talking about!

Victory for Spike!

Muahahahaha!

Right, I guess I'll just get rid of this...

Touch that chocolate, Hopereaver and your spleen will become violently introduced to my fist via your gastro-intestinal tract!

It's good to have you back, sir!
    It is indeed good to have our lich-y one back. Now it will be even more fun to watch when Lix tortures him with Love, Bondage, and her namesake.

Quote Originally Posted by PhantomFox View Post
    I submitted both of mine! I really really hope they use them.

How Mask Was Born (Storytime!):
    Spoiler
    Show
    "Oh, my, well. That is a completely different story. I do not have my mother's talent for telling such stories, but perhaps I can do this justice.

"Before you were born, before you were even a glimmer in my eye, a unicorn was exploring the depths of the Everfree Forest. The reason why escapes me at the moment, although I recall it was some sort of act of youthful recklessness. A young mare attempting to prove she was an adult.

She got herself lost. It is so easy to lose oneself in that forest of chaos, where maps shift, and compasses spin. As day turned to night, and night to day, the pony felt hunger gnaw at her, and thirst parch her throat. She feared she would die, far from home, far from the ponies that she loved.

But before resolve failed her, a glimmer of hope presented itself. The tracks of another pony! Perhaps she was close to civilization, she would follow the tracks, and be free from the Everfree!

Mustering her will, she began to follow the tracks. But they were erratic. They seemed to double-back on themselves on more than one occasion, and she was getting more and more lost!

But still, she followed the tracks. She was desperate, you see. She was scared, and cold, and alone. She didn't know what else to do.

Finally, she came to an end of the tracks. They stopped at a ditch, and the young unicorn peeked over the edge, to find that the source of those tracks. A wizened, withered grey Earth Pony had fallen into the ditch, near-death. Even still, his front hooves covered his face from view.

The young unicorn was on guard, for she knew who this was. Her parents had told her of the Old Stories, the stories of the Time of Discord. But still, the unicorn felt her heart fill with pity.

"Do you need help?" She asked.

"No." He relied, for it was his nature to lie, even on his dying day.

"I know who you are." The unicorn said, as she carefully slid down the ditch, to attend to the dying pony.

"No, you don't." He whispered, and the unicorn felt her pity grow. Here was a pony who was so filled with insecurities and doubt that he denied even his own identity.

"Yes, I do. You are dying, you know. Allow me to help you. Allow me to make your last moments comfortable. Nopony should die like this." The young mare said, and stooped down, gently nuzzling at the old stallion.

"I am not dying, I do not need help." He lied habitually, but the unicorn shook her head. Slowly she pressed herself against the ancient pony, allowing his frail body to soak in her warmth. Both were silent for a long time. The unicorn nearly dozed off, until she heard the earth pony speak again.

"I am afraid." He whispered, and slowly moved his legs. The unicorn would be the first pony...in a very, very long time to behold his true face, with no masks to hide it. "I do not want to die alone."

The young mare knew this to be true. Perhaps the first truth he had ever spoken.

"You will not. Do not be afraid. I am here." She whispered into his ear, and gave his lips a tender kiss. A motherly kiss.

He let out a soft sigh, breathed his last into the unicorn, and passed from this world.

The unicorn wept. She held that frail body until it went cold, for it was her first experience in the final truth of all ponies. But, eventually, she gathered herself up. Using her magic, she buried him, and left a simple marker, so that everypony would know the truth of who laid there.

She eventually found her way home. Perhaps the Element of Honesty was on her side that day, for the Everfree Forest seemed straight and true, with none of it's usual tricks.

So, she was reunited with her family, and her friends. Her life would go on, filled with excitement, love, and adventure. She was blessed, and would always be blessed, for it was her nature.

But she would always remember the old Earth Pony, and his last moment of honesty.""

Okay, that took me a LOT longer than I was expecting. I can only hope that I did it some justice.
    That... was awesome. Anything you produce is amazing Midnight, seriously. Once again, I kind of want to see this turned into a full fledged story.
    Avatar by DirtyTabs in the Adopt-A-Pony thread.

Thank you all so much for voting!
    Co-Winner of Rainbow Dash in the Playground!
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by TheAmishPirate View Post
    For your dedication to ponies and giving us all entertainment with your quote tree o' doom, I hereby award you the Louisianan Purchase. How can I do that? Long story short, let's just say I picked a doozy of a poker game to go "all in".

29. - Top - End - #929
    Troll in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Titanium Fox View Post

That... was awesome. Anything you produce is amazing Midnight, seriously. Once again, I kind of want to see this turned into a full fledged story.
    HEY!! Back off...he needs to resolve that heart attack inducing cliffhangar first!!

full size avatar

30. - Top - End - #930

Once again ponies have entered my dreams.
    That was delightfully random. The Element of Dreams approves.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Oooh, I think something just jumped up and integrated itself into my fanon.
    Quote Originally Posted by Roninhirox View Post
    Wait was yesterday your birthday? Happy birthday! Today is my birthday. Yep I am officially 25 years old and to celebrate I am totally watching ponies all day to prove to myself that I am not getting old also to recover from the impromptu celebration some of my friends threw for me. (and here I thought they had just forgotten my birthday when they all said they were busy this weekend but it turns out since they were busy they decided to do stuff leading into my birthday. Yay.)
    Hi! Happy Birthday! Your avatar has an interesting cutie mark. Do you have a bigger picture?
    Quote Originally Posted by Titanium Fox View Post
    So, I will get to catching up on the thread and doing up a big ol' quote post in the morning, as is my general motif. However, I have just completed a project of complete and total ponysanity, and I feel the need to share it with everypony.

Warning: Huge Image
    Spoiler
    Show

I started that minutes after I finished the Fluttershy. It finally just finished minutes ago. Five days, Three Hours, and Thirty-Four Minutes.

*bows to the amazing Princess Constructor*
    Quote Originally Posted by Nameless View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    Eek! It was a compliment, princess! No Stare me, please?