New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 37 of 50 FirstFirst ... 12272829303132333435363738394041424344454647 ... LastLast
Results 1,081 to 1,110 of 1475
  1. - Top - End - #1081
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: My Little Pony XXIV: Now About 200% Longer Than Firefly

Quote Originally Posted by SiuiS View Post

That's surprising. It seems there was a lull on the ponies, and so the Internet is fighting back now that it can. The rainbow dagger was not enough! We need something... Stronger.
    Alas, what is stronger than human apathy? Besides human stupidity, I mean.
    It's difficult to say... with a much larger fandom comes much a much lower common denominator. You can't expect people to change overnight because they like something. You also can't expect the vast majority of a large fanbase to take the show's message to heart.

Second, I'm going to warn everybody about something: Yes, there are a lot of mean people out there, but I'd rather have never discovered ponies at all rather than see everybody here become disillusioned and jaded because of a couple of experiences. You should never allow an experience or person to get you down on one of your passions. I've had to deal with cynicism all my life, and I'll tell you right now, complaining about something is a lot less fulfilling than fixing it.

Bobcat, it sucks but we understand. I'm gonna miss you, Brother. Go with grace.
    I almost missed this.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Without having read Semper Fidelis, BMiaRS would have never happened, or, if it did happen, it would be a shadow of what it has become.

Before I had read Semper Fi, BMiaRS was incredibly sloppy. Historical inaccuracies, the main characters were all flat, and there were so many jumps in the writing that it was hard to even proofread.

After reading the first ten or twenty pages of Semper Fi, I guess everything I learned about writing just clicked together in my head. I started from scratch, picked a different starting point, and wrote. I finished the first chapter in two days, the fastest writing pace I've ever had. When I looked back at what I wrote, it just felt right. The point is, your posts and stories inspired me two pen a forty-pages-and-not-quite-done piece of literature. That's not something anybody can brag about.

So, if you ever need a reason to not regret writing Semper Fi, I hope I gave you one.
    Last edited by dromer; 2011-09-23 at 10:49 PM.

2. - Top - End - #1082
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by EsperDerek View Post
    The third (and actually probably the 'elder' of the three) would be Nightmare, reborn in a new body, so she wouldn't have to be a passenger in Midnight's body, and be able to live her own life.
    Spoiler
    Show

I find it funny that removing my glasses made the pictures blurrier. XD

I should have known that... Sorry.

Quote Originally Posted by Kris Strife View Post
    I didn't know Walls O' Quotes counted as bog standard posts.
    See above

3. - Top - End - #1083
    Firbolg in the Playground

Commentary upon the state of my life:

The simple joys of adulthood include buying a $2 loaf of French bread, consider it dinner, not have it questioned, and be content.

I do enjoy bread.
    Plus there's a bakery in walking distance.
    Ask me about our low price vacation plans in the Elemental Plane of Puppies and Pie
    Spoiler
    Show

Evoker avatar by kpenguin. Evoker Pony by Dirtytabs. Grey Mouser, disciple of cupcakes by me. Any and all commiepuppies by BRC

4. - Top - End - #1084
    Bugbear in the Playground

Time for images!

Ah! My Fluttershy!
    Spoiler
    Show

Druid Droid's OTP?
    Spoiler
    Show

5. - Top - End - #1085

How To Care For A Newborn Foal

Excerpt 1
    Spoiler
    Show
    “TWILIGHT! TWILIGHT!!”

Twilight groaned, and covered her head with her pillow. Trixie had only gotten up a couple of minutes ago, damn it! It was her turn anyways! One thing that the books had never warned her about was how often a parent would need to get up to tend to a newborn foal. Perhaps they didn’t mention it because the authors were afraid that nopony would ever become a parent knowing that. Sleep was becoming a luxury, and other, more enjoyable, nocturnal activites were rapidly becoming the dream of a previous life.

If she didn’t know better, she would have believed that Luna had done something to their daughter to ensure that Midnight would be a night pony. Perhaps they shouldn’t have named her after a time of night, too...

That brought them to tonight. Midnight had been especially fussy, and both of them had been forced to be up with her multiple times already. Finally, finally, it seemed like she had settled down for a couple of hours, only for the peace of the house to be broken by weak crying. But it was Trixie’s turn this time, and she wasn’t going to get up! She was probably only messing up the diaper again anyways. Twilight couldn’t figure out how somepony who was so good with knots, was so terrible with tying up a diaper.

Of course, Twilight had to admit she was jealous on how easily Trixie was able to get Midnight to eat. She supposed that she had an edge in that department anyways.

No, she would just roll over, and pretend to be asl-

“TWILIGHT, SHE’S SICK!”

It was amazing how quickly she could move. She was halfway to the nursery before she knew it. She threw open the door, any trace of sleepiness gone. She nearly tripped over Spike, who, of course, was still asleep. It was truly amazing how deep that dragon could sleep.

For a moment, she thought it was Trixie who was sick. Trixie was paler than Twilight had ever seen her, save for the day of the reunion. The only thing breaking up that pallid look were her red-rimmed eyes. She looked frantically at Twilight, clutching the tiny bundle tightly against her protectively.

“S-she’s b-burning up...” Trixie choaked. Twilight swallowed down her own rising panic, and gently pushed in to check on her daughter. The fact that she wasn’t crying worried her...

She was shivering gently, and Midnight’s normally bright and vivid eyes were dulled with pain. Trembling, Twilight checked beneath her pelt, seeing that her skin was bright red, and her tiny horn was glowing, the occasional spark shooting forth from it. Midnight was letting out small little whimpers, her breathing was shallow, but stubborn. Twilight pressed a hoof gently against her forehead, and nearly recoiled. Trixie was right, Midnight was burning up, and it was a higher fever than she had been anticipating.

Those eyes looked up at her, already believing, knowing with all of her tiny heart, that her parents would be able to help her. To make the pain go away.

“W-What’s wrong with her? What do we do?” Trixie immediatly deferred to Twilight. This was not the time for pride, earned or not. Of the two of them, Twilight was most likely to know what to do, know how to help their weeks-old child...

“I...I...” Where was all the knowledge that she had prided herself in? Trixie and her daughter, they needed her, they were looking up at her, secure in the fact that she would think of something. Twilight Sparkle, most knowledagble pony in all of Equestria.

Nothing was coming to mind.

“I...don’t know...”

She never felt so helpless.

Excerpt 2:
    Spoiler
    Show
    It wasn't what Trixie wanted to hear.

"You don't know? You're telling me Princess Celestia's favorite student can beat an Ursa Minor, but she doesn't know what's wrong with her daughter?!" Trixie's voice raised, as she clutched Midnight tightly. She stared at Twilight accusingly, who flinched.

"I-I don't recognize the symptoms, Trixie! I mean, it's not that, I don't recognize this combination of symptoms! She's feverish, but not sweating! She's in pain, but I don't see where! I don't know why she's breathing so shallowly, there's nothing wrong with her chest, and I don't even know why her horn is glowing! A unicorn's horn shouldn't be glowing at all yet!" Twilight babbled out a defense, her own voice belying her panic. Why was she bringing up old wounds that hadn't been touched now of all times? It had been months since...

"You think you're Great and Powerful, but you can't do anything to help her!" Trixie yelled.

That was why.

Twilight rose up, and embraced Trixie. At the touch of her wife, Trixie immediately broke down, sobbing against Twilight's chest. She kept a tight hold of Midnight, as if sheer contact could heal the pain their daughter was suffering.

"We have to help her...I can't lose her already..." Trixie whispered, and Twilight nuzzled at her comfortingly.

They were going to need help. But who? Ponyville didn't have a hospital, they had a clinic, and she doubted Nurse Redheart would be able to help much, she was an expert in Earth Pony health. Zecora was out, it was too dangerous to go through the Everfree Forest during the night, especially with a sick filly in tow. Was there nopony else in Ponyville that could help them at this time of night?

Wait...how could she be so foalish? The answer had always been there.

"The Princesses!" Quill and scroll were already in the air. "Celestia will be asleep, but Luna..."

"Luna?" Trixie said uncertainly, when Twilight trailed off. Twilight had been reminded of a certain event that had happened only weeks ago.

It was still odd to them, Luna's heartfelt, almost desperate, request to be Midnight's parent, her 'third mother'. But then, they had accepted, hadn't they? That made her that third parent. That made this not just a matter of getting a Princesses help. She deserved to know that her daughter was sick, too.

Luna,
    Midnight's sick, come quickly!
    -Twilight

Not her most eloquent letter, but perhaps her most to-the-point.

"SPIKE!" The small dragon began to stir his his basket. He wearily lifted a head, sleepy eyes blinking.

"Twilight? Why are you-MMPHH!" His eyes widened, as the scroll was stuffed into his mouth. Reflexively, that green flame licked out of his mouth, burning the scroll into magical ashes, which floated out the window, to it's destination. Spike glared at Twilight. "What was that for? Couldn't you have asked like a normal pony?"

"Spike, Midnight's sick, we need Luna as quickly as possible." Twilight quickly explained, and Spike craned his neck, looking at the tiny bundle in Trixie's hooves.

"Oh, geez, the kid's sick? What's wrong with her?" Twilight bit her lip at Spike's question.

"That's what we're trying to figure out." She replied, turning back to her daughter.

Just in time to see Midnight's horn to catch on fire.

Trixie yelped, as green flames licked out from Midnight's forehead, the frightened newborn letting out a tiny little cry. Immediately the showmare's own horn flared, her magic creating a tiny raincloud, which rained down on mother and daughter. It did nothing to staunch the magical green flames.

Twilight rushed forwards, intent to do something, anything to help. Just inches away from them, her hoof outstretched, her magic at the ready, the fire flared brilliantly and consumed their daughter in an instant.

The magical ashes drifted out the window.

Excerpt 3:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Luna was aware of the irony of her situation.

It had been evident from the moment Luna arrived at Canterlot that her sister had been planning her return from the moon in way than one. The main time that petitioners came to request the court was now in the evening, when both Celestia and Luna were awake. Even in this late hour, Luna was not alone. She had a horde of servants, cooks, guards, and handmaidens ready to attend to her every need. She had even slowly begun to notice that ponies were staying up later than she recalled a thousand years ago, and that they used the night for play and revelry.

That wasn't even getting into the hundred, if not thousands of works of art, story, and song that had been made about the grace and beauty of the night.

In other words, Luna and the night had the love, companionship, and respect that she had so jealously craved as Nightmare Moon. How funny it seemed that she didn't want any of that now. How much of a burden it was now.

Finally having a moment to herself, she strode on to her balcony, and looked out on Equestria. Her gaze focused in the same direction that it had last night, the night before it, and for the past few weeks. She looked far past Canterlot, to the small country town in the distance. Such an insignificant little town in all respects.

Save her heart was there.

She entertained a brief fantasy. Descending down on that small town, and spiriting away those three in the night. She would bring them back to the castle, to Canterlot, and make a home there. Twilight would resume her studies in Canterlot, and Trixie would have an even grander audience to perform to. Together, the three would raise their child, the filly that had stolen her heart from her. They would live and laugh together, as a family...

But no. She could not do that.

Ponyville was home to Twilight and Trixie, and they had fought hard to make it their home. She could not take them away from the place they loved most in the world, away from the friends and life they had forged and tempered so painstakingly. It was more than that, though. Her daughter deserved a chance to have a normal life. That she was the only child thus far from the Princesses would ensure that would never happen, could never happen if she were to grow up in the court of Canterlot, and be surrounded by it's chaos. She would be seen as a pawn to be used by nobles jockeying for position and favor, and that thought terrified Luna. No, it would be better for her this way. Better for the three of them.

Even if it felt like Luna's heart was torn from it's chest.

Oh yes, Luna was well aware of the irony of her situation.

"Princess? We have lunch prepared for you in the dining room." Her thoughts were pierced by the words of one of her handmaidens, and she nodded.

"Very well, I will be there in a moment." Luna politely waved her away, and the handmaid bowed, before trotting back into the castle. Luna was about to follow, when her keen eyes spotted something. The magical green ashes of a letter inbound.

That was unusual. Even with Trixie's letters to her, she usually woke up to them. Why would they be writing to her-or Celestia, she supposed-at this time of night? She swiftly unrolled the scroll once it manifested.

Luna,
    -Twilight

Luna felt her throat constrict. Her duty and position meant nothing at that moment. Already she was weaving a spell she hadn't used since she was the Nightmare. Her body dissolved into stars and mist, and she swept away from the palace, shooting towards the important little town at speeds that could rival the fastest pegasus pony.

Closer to the town, her senses picked up something of interest. Apparently they had sent another letter, as a second patch of green mist and ash escaped from the library. Yet, this one was not headed for the castle. In fact, Luna could not figure out for the life of her why they had sent a letter in that direction.

After all, it was towards the Everfree Forest.

6. - Top - End - #1086

Quote Originally Posted by Capt. Ido Nos View Post
    Derp. Gotta love the copypasta err-

... I... I had a dream about the CMC last night. I woke up with the talent show song stuck in my head...

I... hrm... I need to think this over .__.
    ...Wow. That's trippy in a meta sort of way. Did Pinkie gift you Nth wall breaking powers?

Quote Originally Posted by Aotrs Commander View Post
    Ahahaha! Awesome!

Wait.

I can't even escape Lix in fanart??!!

*skulldesk*

*snerk*
    You will never escape!

Nights, Aurora, Mask...

I'm going to end up with a whole plethora of children, aren't I?
    For some reason, the thought of Midnight as a mother puts a happy, warm grin on my face.

I'm going to have to get a really high paying job! Maybe it's time to start asking for a stipend for being a Princess...oh, dear, whatever am I going to do?
    Princess mommy has a lot of bits to her name, Midnight.

Quote Originally Posted by Lix Lorn View Post
    Yes! Notes on how to seduce Lixie!
    That's not that hard.

*Points to Aorts*

Don't want it! That's how you get Lix's undying attention!

SO NEWS!

I started University on tuesday! Big Thing!
    During the introductory lecture, the head of english (I'm studying English and Creative Writing, if you're curious) said that our uni is famed for having tight bonds within the year group, and she was sure we'd hold that up!
    I took a note on this as follows in my notebook.

My Faithful Students: Make some friends!

Not only did I, today, make a friend, said friend is an internet person who likes ponies and has heard of OotS!
    ...he could even be in this very thread. Boy that'd be awkward.
    BUT I ALSO decided to write some stuff while listening. So what did I write?
    Ponies.
    When I've typed them up, who wants to see?
    That is awesome! Congratulations on going off to University! It's an incredible experience, and one I can guarantee you'll love. What major, if you don't mind me asking?

Quote Originally Posted by Nameless View Post
    I'm not one of you, damn it!
    Yes you are!

Birthday? BIRTHDAY!?

Spoiler
    Show

CAKE!!!!!111ONEONELEVENTY

orly?
    Dat Fluttershy! :O

Quote Originally Posted by monkeyboyinc View Post
    Stop Trying to spoil it for me! It's only 14 hours away! I refuse to give in to spoilers now!

And on a completely different note: Does anyone have a time machine and a art class I can borrow? I think something may haunt me for the rest of my life If I cannot get hold of them.
    I know, right? I'm seeing it tomorrow at BroNYcon, and I can NOT wait. But I refuse to be spoiled! XD

Quote Originally Posted by InkwellPony View Post
    "Momma, why do I have 387 parents?"
    Because dear, when a mommy and a mommy and a mommy and a mommy and a mommy and a mommy and a mommy... and a mommy and a mommy love each other very much...

Quote Originally Posted by Orzel View Post
    Mmm... seems pony thread is at it's normal level of sanity.

Time to hoofwrite all the cards for Ponyuno and get ready for Bronycon tomorrow.

And build up strength for the Afterparty. Woooo!
    I am so excited for this! I'm leaving in about two hours for New York City. I'll see you there!

The afterparty is going to be amazing.

---

Well! I'm off the computer until I return from the convention Sunday! You can expect a full report with my first post!

See you soon everypony! And to everyone who will be there, I can't wait to meet you! YAY REAL LIFE PONY!
    Last edited by Titanium Fox; 2011-09-23 at 10:59 PM.
    Avatar by DirtyTabs in the Adopt-A-Pony thread.

Thank you all so much for voting!
    Co-Winner of Rainbow Dash in the Playground!
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by TheAmishPirate View Post
    For your dedication to ponies and giving us all entertainment with your quote tree o' doom, I hereby award you the Louisianan Purchase. How can I do that? Long story short, let's just say I picked a doozy of a poker game to go "all in".

7. - Top - End - #1087
    Troll in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

snerk---
    Spoiler
    Show

season 2 related pics

Spoiler
    Show

Ponies not only make ME want to be a better person than I was before they entered my life, they make me want to HELP OTHERS be better people too.

And that is a GOOD thing by any definition.

full size avatar

8. - Top - End - #1088
    Firbolg in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by otakuryoga View Post

season 2 related pics

Spoiler
    Show

Rainbow Dash: How do you feel about this pic?
    Last edited by MCerberus; 2011-09-23 at 11:06 PM.
    Ask me about our low price vacation plans in the Elemental Plane of Puppies and Pie
    Spoiler
    Show

Evoker avatar by kpenguin. Evoker Pony by Dirtytabs. Grey Mouser, disciple of cupcakes by me. Any and all commiepuppies by BRC

9. - Top - End - #1089

Excerpt 3:
    DUN DUN DUNNNNNNNN!

10. - Top - End - #1090
    Ogre in the Playground

Have fun, Fox!
    ... I came to appreciate that mountains make poor receptacles for dreams.

11. - Top - End - #1091
    Ogre in the Playground

So guys, what do you think the chances of Al Capony actually turning out to be canon?

I'm pretty sure it's new 0 myself, but I can hope...

12. - Top - End - #1092
    Titan in the Playground

Have some pony:

Discord:
    Spoiler
    Show

Non-spoiler:
    Spoiler
    Show

I'm developing a game. Let's see what happens! Complex.

13. - Top - End - #1093
    Ogre in the Playground

Have some pony:

Discord:
    Spoiler
    Show

Non-spoiler:
    Spoiler
    Show

That first comic is totally awesome. Just gotta say that.

14. - Top - End - #1094

Quote Originally Posted by MCerberus View Post

I counter with Applesheen.
    ADVENTURE!!!!!

My current story ponies-Ponylagann in the Ponythread.
    Spoiler
    Show

NightScream
    Ponyard
    SkyRocket
    Filly Pokey Pierce

15. - Top - End - #1095

Quote Originally Posted by Rebelhero View Post
    I counter with Applesheen.
    I derail with
    Spoiler
    Show

Also Season 2:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Last edited by Capt. Ido Nos; 2011-09-23 at 11:48 PM.

16. - Top - End - #1096

And I'm off to bed, everypony. Gotta be up tomorrow early *and* go to work. Hopefully I can fit in the new episode *somewhere* in all of that.

Anyways, so, g'night, and I hope everypony enjoys the third excerpt that I put up!

17. - Top - End - #1097
    Troll in the Playground

And I'm off to bed, everypony. Gotta be up tomorrow early *and* go to work. Hopefully I can fit in the new episode *somewhere* in all of that.

Anyways, so, g'night, and I hope everypony enjoys the third excerpt that I put up!
    Night.

I'm liking it, though it sort of falls into the problem all prequels do for me.
    Thanks to Dirty Tabs for the Travis pony.

Spoiler
    Show

Thanks to A Thousand Words for the My Little Simhata avatar, and thanks to Trixie for fixing the cropping.

Breakdown Twilight from Pony Halloween celebration, thanks to Thanqol.

Thanks to Akrim.Elf for the awesome Laharl pony.

18. - Top - End - #1098
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by dromer View Post
    It's difficult to say... with a much larger fandom comes much a much lower common denominator. You can't expect people to change overnight because they like something. You also can't expect the vast majority of a large fanbase to take the show's message to heart.

Second, I'm going to warn everybody about something: Yes, there are a lot of mean people out there, but I'd rather have never discovered ponies at all rather than see everybody here become disillusioned and jaded because of a couple of experiences. You should never allow an experience or person to get you down on one of your passions. I've had to deal with cynicism all my life, and I'll tell you right now, complaining about something is a lot less fulfilling than fixing it.

I almost missed this.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Without having read Semper Fidelis, BMiaRS would have never happened, or, if it did happen, it would be a shadow of what it has become.

Before I had read Semper Fi, BMiaRS was incredibly sloppy. Historical inaccuracies, the main characters were all flat, and there were so many jumps in the writing that it was hard to even proofread.

After reading the first ten or twenty pages of Semper Fi, I guess everything I learned about writing just clicked together in my head. I started from scratch, picked a different starting point, and wrote. I finished the first chapter in two days, the fastest writing pace I've ever had. When I looked back at what I wrote, it just felt right. The point is, your posts and stories inspired me two pen a forty-pages-and-not-quite-done piece of literature. That's not something anybody can brag about.

So, if you ever need a reason to not regret writing Semper Fi, I hope I gave you one.

That means a lot to me. Thanks.

And now, final farewell. If I feel like foruming on another topic, I'll look here first.
    My anime review podcast is coming back after a one year hiatus! www.fivepointpodcast.com

19. - Top - End - #1099
    Banned

I see we're at an impasse. *calls in airship strike*
    Psh. Everypony knows that you can't win with air power alone. You need a standing militia to occupy and contrACK *dodges missiles*

Fine! Compromise!
    ... Banana mango. and some coconut rum

Quote Originally Posted by dromer View Post

Second, I'm *going to warn everybody about something: Yes, there are a lot of mean people out there, but I'd rather have never discovered ponies at all rather than see everybody here become disillusioned and jaded because of a couple of experiences. You should never allow an experience or person to get you down on one of your passions. I've had to deal with cynicism all my life, and I'll tell you right now, complaining about something is a lot less fulfilling than fixing it.
    I know. Part of the problem is insulation- I got lucky and was exposed to pony in the best way possible; made a bunch of friends who slowly wended and wheedled their way into my hert, appendix, and triple burner. So when these things inevitably happen, they are more shocking because I'm used to quality. But hey, love and tolerance gets thrown around a lot. Regardless, it's he best way to handle it, not feeding the drama trolls.

It still sucks majorly that bobcat happens to be a casualty of such things though. May he rest among the stars he reached for.

The simple joys of adulthood include buying a $2 loaf of French bread, consider it dinner, not have it questioned, and be content.

I do enjoy bread.
    Aye! The best part about being an adult is that moment where adult you, and kid you, are in perfect accord. 16 years of indoctrination, 4 years of working a crummy job, shopping, budgeting, getting an apartment, and getting your life in order- all so when the urge strikes you to have ice cream for dinner and stay up late playing videogames or reading the last book in that series you love, it's perfectly ok.

But I'm a "life is loving and enjoying" kinda pony, not a "life is profit margins" kinda pony. Your mileage and mine, they needn't be synchronous.

Quote Originally Posted by Titanium Fox View Post
    You know what? I wanna get in on this! *Kidnaps a Lix Clone*
    Gotta catch em all!

You know what we should do? We should open up our own IRC channel. That one nopony feels like they're obligated to keep up with ponythread in order to keep in touch with their friends.

...I might just do that actually. Would anypony be interested? I have a rack server I can host it off of so we don't have downtime.
    ... *wonders about IRC phone applications*

It's not really an obligation. I do it because I've become attached to the people here, not so much the subject matter or the forum or the thread or anything. Most of us do it because we want to do it.
    Aye. My protege and I seem to enjoy it. Hel, reading the thread, catching up on the lives and doings of my friends, experiencing their personalities... Pony thread gets stressful if you fret about playing catch up, but otherwise its R&R.

At least that's how I do it. Not sure about SiuS, he's the other regular megaquote poster.
    Thats about the size of it. On a binge, I will forgo answering until I hit the end of the thread so I don't get too redundant. Otherwise we end up with me asking a question answered in the next three posts

Quote Originally Posted by Capt. Ido Nos View Post
    This is very true! Since I seem to dodge those RPs I forget that ;P

On the subject of OPs, I myself tend to have fun running the "I am my own OP" gambit. My life is a Venn diagram of compartmentalized OPs.
    CAPTAIN IDO IS AN OPENING POST! GET HIM!
    OC right? Just teasing, mate.

Yeah. Gender is kind of a shifting state in Ponythread if you have or ever have had Lix's attention. Mentioning your gender is more of a marker of current status rather than biology.

Oh the fun of being friends with a Goddess with a loose sense of "the balance". It's so much fun!
    I was going to point out the difference between gender and sex, but then I realized that we aren't actually, physically being genderbent, and would look like a mule.
    Too bad though.

Quote Originally Posted by Deadly View Post
    Sometimes I get the silly idea that you have to feel that way to be a good writer. Can't strive to get better if you think everything you write is good enough. Or... if you think everything you write is terrible, I suppose. So it's a balancing act maybe.
    It's an art thing. Anything worth doing is worth doing right. Anypony who does it right, never does it right enough. I marvel at Thanqol's ability to say "I did good even though I see so many glaring errors".

Quote Originally Posted by Tectonic Robot View Post
    I never read fanfics before MLP:FIM. Which is... not indicative of anything. Anything at all.

Spoiler
    Show
    Meh... ponies... neeergh...
    Nope. Nothin' at all

Also, have I been getting on everypony's nerves lately?

This question brought to you by my token element, Paranoia.
    Don't worry! I took the heat off of ya

Quote Originally Posted by monkeyboyinc View Post
    I feel no need to make a ponysona. I do feel the need to make some for fictional characters I'm supposed to be animating, But not for me. And now I've typed this, My pride will never let me make one, even If I wanted to.*
    Is It possible that There are multiple paths to ponysanity?

Edit: Just checked the chart. I didn't follow the tradition path to get to where I am now. WHAT DOES THIS MEAN?
    It means that you aren't following a path laid down by a poster.
    Curious, what does your pride have to do with having a pony OC? That implies you look at having a Pony OC as unseemly. How so?

Quote Originally Posted by Kurgan View Post
    Also, when did I become the Prophet of the Three, who speaks of their comings for all to hear? *Welp thanqol, looks like you are getting your own cult now!
    just then

The only thing I haven't really done so far is roleplaying. I do have a ponysona, but she's not really all that developed in my mind.
    That's actually what the RP is for. I believe it started... Well, no ok it started because without any episodes, Thanqol and DarthBobcat decided to steal EsperDerek's secret cupcake recipe, and harvest love from his organs to make them with (because what cupcakes are made without love?)

But the pony ones! They are just 'answer a post in character, somepony else answers you in character'. It's a nice exercise for developing the character, and fun too.

Sheesh! You ponies want me to post more often, but you're going at Rainboom Factor 9 at nearly all hours of the night!

And then I post stuff and it didn't even get 'Hey, that's not pony, get out of here!'
    I commented on your non-pony thing, and I even asked about your ethics statement to boot, mate.
    Think my prescience kicked in though, because as I was typing I thought "I wonder if Inkwell will see this? We're going kinda fast. Nah, he said EsperDerek points this stuff out to him when he misses it."

Then I promptly forgot until just now

* Inkwell sulks in a corner. Alone and unlooooved.
    I'd hug you, but I'm still kinda bruised. So you'll have to settle for a hearty backslapping and being Chummily chummy.
    Hahar!

In regards to Derek's story excerpt, I'd have loved to see the expression on Spike's face when he was startled awake by Twilight shoving a letter down his throat to get it to Celestia ASAP. ^^
    I like that this scene was included in the next excerpt.

Well, being tolerated is different from being liked, and part of my worry is that I'm not actually liked, just tolerated.

...Wow. Now I'm acting like an attention horse. Sorry everypony.
    ... Allright! I warned you!
    *awkward man hug*
    *d'awwwwwwwwwww*

See! I told you.

You uh
    Know that my understanding of kidnapping is that the kidnapper treats the kidnappee as an honored guest, right?
    Of course he does! Excessive civility at the strangest times is an old Irish custom. Like fighting at weddings and funerals, or buying the victor of a fight a drink even though you're too concussed to really count the change proper.

I have my theories on what Lauren Faust has actually done, but I won't go into that.
    I was going to ask about this, but then you answered it. I would feel awkward getting rid of the quote though, so I'll just say; interesting theory.

Quote Originally Posted by Strife Warzeal View Post
    Well, I got bored again and tried again at drawing Crossings. This one came out much better. Next time I think I'll try something new. I HATE (drawing) pony eyes they seem to consistently come out looking bad whenever I try.
    Spoiler
    Show

Problems this time seems to be in the size of his legs and tail. I am really quite proud of the effort I put in though.
    Eyes can be an adventure. Not always a fun one either! They are usually just circle circle circle, all nested. But it's remarkably hard to do easily.

Quote Originally Posted by Mysterious Pony View Post
    There's nothing more gratifying than an instance in which a optimistic viewpoint triumphs against a cynical one.
    I concur!

... You meanie! You're making the board ignore me! I knew it! I knew there was a lich behind everything bad happening in my life!

You vindictive little bag of bones!

Don't test me or I'll get a party of adventurers together to redeadify your pelvis!
    Hm... Maybe beating a party of adventurers is what pushed Bleakbane over the edge for a minute there?

Or maybe we passed a birthday of his. Who knows?

Season 2 Speculation
    Spoiler
    Show
    So Cheerilee calls Discord a... draconequus or something. Does that mean there are others like him?
    Dunno. Draconequus is a really cool spelling though; my tv put it at Draconaquis.
    I suspect it's an acknowledgement of him having a different creature type, in the same way there was only one Minotaur, but minotaur was it's species descriptor.

It's possible Celestial and Luna only knew his name because they were same tier, and interacted with him. Having lung with the minotaur, rather than discussing it as an object.

Quote Originally Posted by Grif View Post
    Lix Launcher.

Drawing.

Make it happen.
    Hm. I'll try... *adds to queue*

Well, okay, I don't have the energy to do a multiquote and fix all of the quotes and whatnot, so I'm cheating a little. And by a little, I mean, I'm putting in titles instead. So there.

On Midnight and Fire:

I-I don't think that I could get to like fire...I'm not a violent pony! I mean, I like messing with ponies, shipping them, that sort of general naughtiness, but visiting actual harm and fire to them? I couldn't do that. Even when defending myself or those that I love, I tend to resort to things like restraining or forcing retreat. I don't like fire. I like snuggles.
    o^o on Midnight and Fire is a beautiful name for something...

Of course, that's why she has me around. Remember that last guy who kept trying to blow us up? Notice how he hasn't said anything since I showed up? You wonder why that is?
    No, who?
    I have weird memory though.

On the thread and supervilliany:

Hey, I'm not a super-villian. Most of the time. Most of the tim-HEY! Hey, I wasn't even awake for the Midnight Mare thing, remember? O-oh yeah...
    Heeheehee.

On Midnight's Church Robes:

It's okay about the mixup, Siuis! Thanks to you, I've actually spread out, worshippers can either wear the robes, or the harem outfits! It works amazingly well, and everypony looks so good in them... I think your nose is bleeding. It is not!
    ... *adds to queue*

On Thistle Being Upset:

*Thistle feels hooves wrapping around her from behind, and a comforting nuzzle against her cheeks.

"It's okay...some ponies still think that my Momma will take over the world again, or is obsessed with revenge against everypony. It's not a very fun place to be in, I know."

Midnight smiles tenderly at the hippogriff.

"If you need to talk about it, you can always come to me, you know."
    Awww~
    Awww~
    *adds to queue*

Quote Originally Posted by erikun View Post
    I should stop pretending like I'm going to do something and ... write ... shouldn't I?
    yes

But wouldn't that imply you had flesh?
    He does. Desiccated, possibly spongy, most likely a putrescent green, and hanging from his bones in tatters. Or bound to them like shrink-wrap. or he just went completely skeletal, who knows?
    Dammit, I'm either more tired than I thought or Lixie is rubbing off on me.

Ohcrap!*

Also, that was a really horribad way to phrase that thought, considering...
    I'm caught between "oh ewwwww" and "but Lix doesn't bend her own gender ".

Quote Originally Posted by maximus25 View Post
    What is going on in this thread?
    Man, what isn't!

So, yeah, that excerpt was really supposed to be just a flashback in the larger story I've been working on, but my own interest and the reception is spurring me to actually sort of continue with this in a Midnight Nightmare "excerpts written erratically" sort of way.*

It sort of seems to help my writing of the bigger projects, too.

Also, darn it, I know I should stop using 'pelt'. I'm just used to it at this point.
    Aye, pelt did feel weird in that one, because it makes it seem she peeled up midnight's skin to get a look at her... Skin

I'm really liking the story and am crazy-intrigued by the way. The hornflare? Not sure if I should smile enigmatically or freak out. Well played, especially because I don't even really know anything!

Quote Originally Posted by Thanqol View Post
    Rainbow Dash.
    Oh you.

This needs to be a legitimate company. Best. Company. Ever.
    Hm... Tempted.

...Can I officially be your protégé though? *
    Done weeks ago, mate.

I'm going to have to point blank disagree with SuiS here. No thinly veiled jokes regarding this one. I think EsperDerek is a fantastic author. And a fantastic author is not someone to look at and be discouraged by, a fantastic author is someone to be inspired by, someone to look up to. When I joined Survival of the Fittest, I was easily the worst writer on the site. You know how I got to where I am now?

I went "I will read everything they do. I will be as good as them. I will make myself be accepted within this community."

One year later, I'm a moderator there.

Look up to Esper for writing, don't be intimidated by him. There's no reason to.
    yeah, that was where I was trying to head with that >///<

Thanks

(I think you should have left out that "besides" part and just stopped there)
    I wish I had your insight XD

And please, start throwing out more bits and pieces!

-

There. Some RP and two gags awaiting proper art (and like a billion art projects) and I'm all caught up!

20. - Top - End - #1100
    Dwarf in the Playground

I commented on your non-pony thing, and I even asked about your ethics statement to boot, mate.
    Think my prescience kicked in though, because as I was typing I thought "I wonder if Inkwell will see this? We're going kinda fast. Nah, he said EsperDerek points this stuff out to him when he misses it."

Then I promptly forgot until just now

Hee, sorry about that, sometimes even come past fast enough that even Derek misses it or forgets to tell me. ^^ The dynamics of my ethics in there is actually kinda embarrassing, but if you guys really want, i can put a post about it. -(Fidgets)-

21. - Top - End - #1101
    Dwarf in the Playground

Excerpt 1
    Spoiler
    Show
    “TWILIGHT! TWILIGHT!!”

Twilight groaned, and covered her head with her pillow. Trixie had only gotten up a couple of minutes ago, damn it! It was her turn anyways! One thing that the books had never warned her about was how often a parent would need to get up to tend to a newborn foal. Perhaps they didn’t mention it because the authors were afraid that nopony would ever become a parent knowing that. Sleep was becoming a luxury, and other, more enjoyable, nocturnal activites were rapidly becoming the dream of a previous life.

If she didn’t know better, she would have believed that Luna had done something to their daughter to ensure that Midnight would be a night pony. Perhaps they shouldn’t have named her after a time of night, too...

That brought them to tonight. Midnight had been especially fussy, and both of them had been forced to be up with her multiple times already. Finally, finally, it seemed like she had settled down for a couple of hours, only for the peace of the house to be broken by weak crying. But it was Trixie’s turn this time, and she wasn’t going to get up! She was probably only messing up the diaper again anyways. Twilight couldn’t figure out how somepony who was so good with knots, was so terrible with tying up a diaper.

Of course, Twilight had to admit she was jealous on how easily Trixie was able to get Midnight to eat. She supposed that she had an edge in that department anyways.

No, she would just roll over, and pretend to be asl-

“TWILIGHT, SHE’S SICK!”

It was amazing how quickly she could move. She was halfway to the nursery before she knew it. She threw open the door, any trace of sleepiness gone. She nearly tripped over Spike, who, of course, was still asleep. It was truly amazing how deep that dragon could sleep.

For a moment, she thought it was Trixie who was sick. Trixie was paler than Twilight had ever seen her, save for the day of the reunion. The only thing breaking up that pallid look were her red-rimmed eyes. She looked frantically at Twilight, clutching the tiny bundle tightly against her protectively.

“S-she’s b-burning up...” Trixie choaked. Twilight swallowed down her own rising panic, and gently pushed in to check on her daughter. The fact that she wasn’t crying worried her...

She was shivering gently, and Midnight’s normally bright and vivid eyes were dulled with pain. Trembling, Twilight checked beneath her pelt, seeing that her skin was bright red, and her tiny horn was glowing, the occasional spark shooting forth from it. Midnight was letting out small little whimpers, her breathing was shallow, but stubborn. Twilight pressed a hoof gently against her forehead, and nearly recoiled. Trixie was right, Midnight was burning up, and it was a higher fever than she had been anticipating.

Those eyes looked up at her, already believing, knowing with all of her tiny heart, that her parents would be able to help her. To make the pain go away.

“W-What’s wrong with her? What do we do?” Trixie immediatly deferred to Twilight. This was not the time for pride, earned or not. Of the two of them, Twilight was most likely to know what to do, know how to help their weeks-old child...

“I...I...” Where was all the knowledge that she had prided herself in? Trixie and her daughter, they needed her, they were looking up at her, secure in the fact that she would think of something. Twilight Sparkle, most knowledagble pony in all of Equestria.

Nothing was coming to mind.

“I...don’t know...”

She never felt so helpless.

Excerpt 2:
    Spoiler
    Show
    It wasn't what Trixie wanted to hear.

"You don't know? You're telling me Princess Celestia's favorite student can beat an Ursa Minor, but she doesn't know what's wrong with her daughter?!" Trixie's voice raised, as she clutched Midnight tightly. She stared at Twilight accusingly, who flinched.

"I-I don't recognize the symptoms, Trixie! I mean, it's not that, I don't recognize this combination of symptoms! She's feverish, but not sweating! She's in pain, but I don't see where! I don't know why she's breathing so shallowly, there's nothing wrong with her chest, and I don't even know why her horn is glowing! A unicorn's horn shouldn't be glowing at all yet!" Twilight babbled out a defense, her own voice belying her panic. Why was she bringing up old wounds that hadn't been touched now of all times? It had been months since...

"You think you're Great and Powerful, but you can't do anything to help her!" Trixie yelled.

That was why.

Twilight rose up, and embraced Trixie. At the touch of her wife, Trixie immediately broke down, sobbing against Twilight's chest. She kept a tight hold of Midnight, as if sheer contact could heal the pain their daughter was suffering.

"We have to help her...I can't lose her already..." Trixie whispered, and Twilight nuzzled at her comfortingly.

They were going to need help. But who? Ponyville didn't have a hospital, they had a clinic, and she doubted Nurse Redheart would be able to help much, she was an expert in Earth Pony health. Zecora was out, it was too dangerous to go through the Everfree Forest during the night, especially with a sick filly in tow. Was there nopony else in Ponyville that could help them at this time of night?

Wait...how could she be so foalish? The answer had always been there.

"The Princesses!" Quill and scroll were already in the air. "Celestia will be asleep, but Luna..."

"Luna?" Trixie said uncertainly, when Twilight trailed off. Twilight had been reminded of a certain event that had happened only weeks ago.

It was still odd to them, Luna's heartfelt, almost desperate, request to be Midnight's parent, her 'third mother'. But then, they had accepted, hadn't they? That made her that third parent. That made this not just a matter of getting a Princesses help. She deserved to know that her daughter was sick, too.

Luna,
    -Twilight

Not her most eloquent letter, but perhaps her most to-the-point.

"SPIKE!" The small dragon began to stir his his basket. He wearily lifted a head, sleepy eyes blinking.

"Twilight? Why are you-MMPHH!" His eyes widened, as the scroll was stuffed into his mouth. Reflexively, that green flame licked out of his mouth, burning the scroll into magical ashes, which floated out the window, to it's destination. Spike glared at Twilight. "What was that for? Couldn't you have asked like a normal pony?"

"Spike, Midnight's sick, we need Luna as quickly as possible." Twilight quickly explained, and Spike craned his neck, looking at the tiny bundle in Trixie's hooves.

"Oh, geez, the kid's sick? What's wrong with her?" Twilight bit her lip at Spike's question.

"That's what we're trying to figure out." She replied, turning back to her daughter.

Just in time to see Midnight's horn to catch on fire.

Trixie yelped, as green flames licked out from Midnight's forehead, the frightened newborn letting out a tiny little cry. Immediately the showmare's own horn flared, her magic creating a tiny raincloud, which rained down on mother and daughter. It did nothing to staunch the magical green flames.

Twilight rushed forwards, intent to do something, anything to help. Just inches away from them, her hoof outstretched, her magic at the ready, the fire flared brilliantly and consumed their daughter in an instant.

The magical ashes drifted out the window.

Excerpt 3:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Luna was aware of the irony of her situation.

It had been evident from the moment Luna arrived at Canterlot that her sister had been planning her return from the moon in way than one. The main time that petitioners came to request the court was now in the evening, when both Celestia and Luna were awake. Even in this late hour, Luna was not alone. She had a horde of servants, cooks, guards, and handmaidens ready to attend to her every need. She had even slowly begun to notice that ponies were staying up later than she recalled a thousand years ago, and that they used the night for play and revelry.

That wasn't even getting into the hundred, if not thousands of works of art, story, and song that had been made about the grace and beauty of the night.

In other words, Luna and the night had the love, companionship, and respect that she had so jealously craved as Nightmare Moon. How funny it seemed that she didn't want any of that now. How much of a burden it was now.

Finally having a moment to herself, she strode on to her balcony, and looked out on Equestria. Her gaze focused in the same direction that it had last night, the night before it, and for the past few weeks. She looked far past Canterlot, to the small country town in the distance. Such an insignificant little town in all respects.

Save her heart was there.

She entertained a brief fantasy. Descending down on that small town, and spiriting away those three in the night. She would bring them back to the castle, to Canterlot, and make a home there. Twilight would resume her studies in Canterlot, and Trixie would have an even grander audience to perform to. Together, the three would raise their child, the filly that had stolen her heart from her. They would live and laugh together, as a family...

But no. She could not do that.

Ponyville was home to Twilight and Trixie, and they had fought hard to make it their home. She could not take them away from the place they loved most in the world, away from the friends and life they had forged and tempered so painstakingly. It was more than that, though. Her daughter deserved a chance to have a normal life. That she was the only child thus far from the Princesses would ensure that would never happen, could never happen if she were to grow up in the court of Canterlot, and be surrounded by it's chaos. She would be seen as a pawn to be used by nobles jockeying for position and favor, and that thought terrified Luna. No, it would be better for her this way. Better for the three of them.

Even if it felt like Luna's heart was torn from it's chest.

Oh yes, Luna was well aware of the irony of her situation.

"Princess? We have lunch prepared for you in the dining room." Her thoughts were pierced by the words of one of her handmaidens, and she nodded.

"Very well, I will be there in a moment." Luna politely waved her away, and the handmaid bowed, before trotting back into the castle. Luna was about to follow, when her keen eyes spotted something. The magical green ashes of a letter inbound.

That was unusual. Even with Trixie's letters to her, she usually woke up to them. Why would they be writing to her-or Celestia, she supposed-at this time of night? She swiftly unrolled the scroll once it manifested.

Luna,
    -Twilight

Luna felt her throat constrict. Her duty and position meant nothing at that moment. Already she was weaving a spell she hadn't used since she was the Nightmare. Her body dissolved into stars and mist, and she swept away from the palace, shooting towards the important little town at speeds that could rival the fastest pegasus pony.

Closer to the town, her senses picked up something of interest. Apparently they had sent another letter, as a second patch of green mist and ash escaped from the library. Yet, this one was not headed for the castle. In fact, Luna could not figure out for the life of her why they had sent a letter in that direction.

After all, it was towards the Everfree Forest.
    Oh once again very nice.
    also i think "It had been evident from the moment Luna arrived at Canterlot that her sister had been planning her return from the moon in way than one." that sentence might be missing a word though, just something I noticed and thought I should bring up maybe uh if not sorry. Other than that it was fantastic though thank you.

22. - Top - End - #1102
    Ettin in the Playground

Pinkie Pie is Credit to Team.

One of the better GMod pony video I seen yet.

23. - Top - End - #1103
    Banned

Hee, sorry about that, sometimes even come past fast enough that even Derek misses it or forgets to tell me. ^^ The dynamics of my ethics in there is actually kinda embarrassing, but if you guys really want, i can put a post about it. -(Fidgets)-
    a PM would work if you don't want it public, and then only if you're comfortable with such a discussion. I don't want to put you on the spot, mate. I am interested though.

If it touches on politics, or religion, though, I will have to PM you a working email address instead. Or hay, I think I have a FA account. I'll bug you on there.
    Last edited by SiuiS; 2011-09-24 at 03:57 AM.

24. - Top - End - #1104
    Ogre in the Playground

You know what we should do? We should open up our own IRC channel. That one nopony feels like they're obligated to keep up with ponythread in order to keep in touch with their friends.

...I might just do that actually. Would anypony be interested? I have a rack server I can host it off of so we don't have downtime.
    Yes. That's a great idea and it's too bad that I missed it until after you left. Does anyone else know how we would do that?
    ... I came to appreciate that mountains make poor receptacles for dreams.

25. - Top - End - #1105
    Troll in the Playground

[color="green"]

Spoiler
    Show
    ONWARD

TO THE PARTY!
    Holy... how did I forget to mention this before...?

*ahem*

SQUEEEEEEEEEE!

*ahem*

That is so cool! SAVED!

I agree with the Commodore. I'm sorry to see you go, Bobcat; I enjoyed pre-reading your stuff and talking with you on the forums about these colorful little ponies. I can understand burnout, but I want you to know we all think you're awesome and wish you much luck in your future endeavors, pony-related or no. Send me a PM sometime if you ever want to chat!

SO NEWS!

I started University on tuesday! Big Thing!
    During the introductory lecture, the head of english (I'm studying English and Creative Writing, if you're curious) said that our uni is famed for having tight bonds within the year group, and she was sure we'd hold that up!
    I took a note on this as follows in my notebook.

My Faithful Students: Make some friends!

Not only did I, today, make a friend, said friend is an internet person who likes ponies and has heard of OotS!
    ...he could even be in this very thread. Boy that'd be awkward.
    BUT I ALSO decided to write some stuff while listening. So what did I write?
    Ponies.
    When I've typed them up, who wants to see?
    This is awesome news! I'm excited for you, college was probably my favorite time ever, and I seriously hope your time there is super terrific!

He could even be me!
    I knew that I wasn't to be trusted!
    Sneaky pony...I've got my eyes on you!

Quote Originally Posted by Orzel View Post
    Mmm... seems pony thread is at it's normal level of sanity.

Time to hoofwrite all the cards for Ponyuno and get ready for Bronycon tomorrow.

And build up strength for the Afterparty. Woooo!
    Hey, it's Orzel! Hi Orzel; long time, no see! You have to tell us all about the con when you get back!

I do enjoy bread.
    This is why I love being an "adult"...

Quote Originally Posted by Topaz View Post
    Time for images!

Druid Droid's OTP?
    Spoiler
    Show
    SQUEEEEE! Robo-Derpy is best Derpy!

@Thanqol: I'm still trying to cement my mental image of my clockwork pony, but so far I know that I want a color scheme similar to my avatar's, the body made of riveted metal plate with an accordion joint at the waist (is it a waist on a pony?). I'm also seeing largish gears as forming the upper part of the rear legs/flank and various bits of hydraulics and steam-punk widgets added to the legs and body for visual effect. I'd also like for him to have some feathers (red, blue, maybe yellow; certainly bright primary colors) incorporated somewhere, maybe woven in the mane (although I don't know what the mane would be made of...but if it's hair-like I picture it as green) or similar. Dunno if that's too much or too little, but I guess it's a start.

Also, since Ido's been stuck in that chair:
    Spoiler
    Show
    *with a crash and a shower of glass, a little droid barrels through the window of Ido's home/prison*

Captain? I'm here to save you...

...from yourself.

YEEEEAAAAAH!
    Last edited by the_druid_droid; 2011-09-24 at 01:37 AM.
    This Machine Surrounds Hate And Forces It To Surrender

Quote Originally Posted by Anarion View Post
    DD, your unicorn is stronger, prettier, and higher-ranking than mine, and her secret lab has a better name than mine. THERE SHALL BE NO QUARTER.
    Ponythread Learns to Draw!

Spoiler
    Show
    Bleeeeh! Alfalfa Monster!

26. - Top - End - #1106
    Colossus in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by the_druid_droid View Post
    @Thanqol: I'm still trying to cement my mental image of my clockwork pony, but so far I know that I want a color scheme similar to my avatar's, the body made of riveted metal plate with an accordion joint at the waist (is it a waist on a pony?). I'm also seeing largish gears as forming the upper part of the rear legs/flank and various bits of hydraulics and steam-punk widgets added to the legs and body for visual effect. I'd also like for him to have some feathers (red, blue, maybe yellow; certainly bright primary colors) incorporated somewhere, maybe woven in the mane (although I don't know what the mane would be made of...but if it's hair-like I picture it as green) or similar. Dunno if that's too much or too little, but I guess it's a start.
    Right, so completely robotic, rather than an organic in a suit? Seems reasonable, give me 1d6 days.

27. - Top - End - #1107
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Thanqol View Post
    Right, so completely robotic, rather than an organic in a suit? Seems reasonable, give me 1d6 days.
    Awesome! I look forward to having a little OC to call my own.
    This Machine Surrounds Hate And Forces It To Surrender

Quote Originally Posted by Anarion View Post
    DD, your unicorn is stronger, prettier, and higher-ranking than mine, and her secret lab has a better name than mine. THERE SHALL BE NO QUARTER.
    Ponythread Learns to Draw!

Spoiler
    Show
    Bleeeeh! Alfalfa Monster!

28. - Top - End - #1108

Before my bed claims me. i leave you this.
    ADVENTURE!!!!!

My current story ponies-Ponylagann in the Ponythread.
    Spoiler
    Show

NightScream
    Ponyard
    SkyRocket
    Filly Pokey Pierce

29. - Top - End - #1109
    Dwarf in the Playground

Hi again, everyone. Let's raise our glasses of punch and hot sauce for the friends who are no longer with us. Seriously, yesterday I was angry at darthbobcat for leaving, despite not knowing him at all. But that was the 4 hours of sleep the night before talking. Now I just hope he has a good time wherever the non-ponisanity takes him.

I'm planning to make a horrible pun in Inkscape. It's an idea I got about a month ago, but never "had time" to implement. All work and videogames make fizmat a busy boy. Why am I telling you this? Because now that the cat is in the proverbial box I will HAVE to draw this weekend and face the consequences. If I don't deliver by tomorrow, feel free to, I dunno, what is it that you do again?

30. - Top - End - #1110
    Ogre in the Playground

ElfRangerGuy

Dragonshy module, Bronycon goer no read.

Spoiler
    Show

CONTEST: Talent show. (All ponies)

Roll for contest
    Heart for singing (Smoke penalty)
    Hooves for Dancing
    Smarts for Comedy
    Magic for Magic

Beat Lily for success:
    Success: Win random prize
    Failure: nothing

CONTEST: Smoke (Alll ponies)

Roll Smarts to notice smoke
    Singers from Talent show get +2 bonus to roll

Success: Win random prize
    Failure: Extra encounter

CONTEST: Do we have what it takes? (Alll ponies)

(1 pony) Roll Smarts to make map
    (All others) Roll Hooves to gather supplies

Map
    Success: Nothing

Gather Supplies

EXTRA ENCOUNTERS HERE

CONTEST: STFU

Failure: Rockslide & Climbing

CONTEST: Rockslide
    Failure: GAME OVER

CONTEST: Climbing
    Failure: GAVE OVER

CONTEST: Hop Skip and Jump
    Failure: Injury penalty

BOSS BATTLE: RED DRAGON!

Weeee Cant sleep.
    Gitp's No. 1 Cake hater
    On Vacation until Aug 7th.
    Spell currently researching: Explosive Pie.
    Weapon currently crafting: +1 cakebane kris