New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 48 of 50 FirstFirst ... 2338394041424344454647484950 LastLast
Results 1,411 to 1,440 of 1472
  1. - Top - End - #1411
    Colossus in the Playground

Default Re: Ménage à 3 II: Zii's 'Z' Top - Sharp Dressed Girl

I can see it burning that poor fellow badly. Thats sensitive skin thats never been exposed to tabasco before, the sensation could be overwhelming. After all, dont people mix that stuff to make their own pepper spray? Its not as effective as the real deal, but it still works. As for didi.... yeah. Unless he still had a huge coating of it, there is no reason for her to react that way. Of course, I may be biased as i use jalapenos for flavor, and habanero/scotch bonnet for heat. But even if she does have a very low tolerance, tobasco just isnt that spicy. Its about as low as you can go on the scovil chart and still have it register. A little residue shouldnt have done more than warm her lips and make them tingle.
    "Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum Europae vincendarum"
    Translation: "Sometimes I get this urge to conquer large parts of Europe."

Quote Originally Posted by Nerd-o-rama View Post
    Traab is yelling everything that I'm thinking already.
    "If you don't get those cameras out of my face, I'm gonna go 8.6 on the Richter scale with gastric emissions that'll clear this room."

2. - Top - End - #1412
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Traab View Post
    As for didi.... yeah. Unless he still had a huge coating of it, there is no reason for her to react that way. Of course, I may be biased as i use jalapenos for flavor, and habanero/scotch bonnet for heat. But even if she does have a very low tolerance, tobasco just isnt that spicy. Its about as low as you can go on the scovil chart and still have it register. A little residue shouldnt have done more than warm her lips and make them tingle.
    Oh come on, just because you are a biased badass... Tabasco to someone not used to it in pure form can still be pretty painful. And water does little to remove the... whatwasit... capsaicin isn't well water solluable so it would still be mostly in place.

3. - Top - End - #1413

Quote Originally Posted by Kato View Post
    Oh come on, just because you are a biased badass... Tabasco to someone not used to it in pure form can still be pretty painful. And water does little to remove the... whatwasit... capsaicin isn't well water solluable so it would still be mostly in place.
    Yeah, but there is a reason you see tabasco at some restaurants on the table with the salt and pepper and not something like franks hot sauce. It is about as mild as it gets, and is used for flavor more than heat. Im not denying that it could be spicy to someone with a low tolerance, im just saying the reaction on didis part was a bit too extreme.

"If you don't get those cameras out of my face, I'm gonna go 8.6 on the Richter scale with gastric emissions that'll clear this room."

4. - Top - End - #1414
    Ettin in the Playground

Badly drawn helmet avatar drawn by me.
    Rest in Peace:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Miko Miyazaki, Thanh, Durkon- Order of the Stick
    Krunch- Looking For Group
    Bill- Left 4 Dead
    Soap Mactavish- Modern Warfare 3
    Sandman- Modern Warfare 3
    Ghost and Roach- Modern Warfare 2
    Gabe- Dead Space 2
    Dom- Gears of War 3
    Carmine Brothers- Gears of War series
    Uriel Septim VII- Elderscrolls Oblivion
    Commander Shepherd- Mass Effect 3
    Ned Stark- Song of Ice and Fire
    Apple Jack's parents

5. - Top - End - #1415
    Titan in the Playground

Yeah, but there is a reason you see tabasco at some restaurants on the table with the salt and pepper and not something like franks hot sauce. It is about as mild as it gets, and is used for flavor more than heat. Im not denying that it could be spicy to someone with a low tolerance, im just saying the reaction on didis part was a bit too extreme.
    Dunno... my girlfriend once served me original asian instant noodles and I really got... well, at least all teary eyed by it. Then again. I have a rather low tolerance for hot spices.

6. - Top - End - #1416

NecromancerGuy

Yes. That's part of the problem. Unless it's meant to portray Canadians, and the artist, as ignorant, it's kinda fail. And I very much doubt that would be their intent.
    Last edited by Coidzor; 2012-03-27 at 11:53 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Keld Denar View Post
    +3 Girlfriend is totally unoptimized. You are better off with a +1 Keen Witty girlfriend and then appling Greater Magic Make-up to increase her enhancement bonus.
    Homebrew
    To Do: Reboot and finish Riptide

7. - Top - End - #1417
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Coidzor View Post
    Yes. That's part of the problem. Unless it's meant to portray Canadians, and the artist, as ignorant, it's kinda fail. And I very much doubt that would be their intent.
    Wait, what? Portraying the fact that the characters are oblivious to the properties of capsaicin is an insult to all Canadians? What... how... when...?!

8. - Top - End - #1418

NecromancerGuy

Wait, what? Portraying the fact that the characters are oblivious to the properties of capsaicin is an insult to all Canadians? What... how... when...?!
    That they're oblivious to what Tabasco is would be enough to complain about in its own right, but that's not really my focus. My focus here is the bloody artist being ignorant of what Tabasco actually is, is like, or feels like. Granted I don't expect them to be shaking every substance on their genitals that they'd show in the comic, but I expect them to at least be passably familiar with common household items and what they're like and be able to understand that no, Tabasco would not apply in that way.
    Last edited by Coidzor; 2012-03-27 at 06:18 PM.
    +3 Girlfriend is totally unoptimized. You are better off with a +1 Keen Witty girlfriend and then appling Greater Magic Make-up to increase her enhancement bonus.
    Homebrew

9. - Top - End - #1419
    Ettin in the Playground

Hum, now i kinda wonder in general whether or not she's used to doing "service" with her (ir)regular lovers or if she's purely on the receiving end. Would seem fitting for her. (The latter, that is.)

But yes, how do you get these two mixed up in anything but a b/w medium...
    Mah Badges!
    Spoiler
    Show

Hey, check out my site. (It has interactive comics, stories and coding efforts.)

10. - Top - End - #1420
    Eldritch Horror in the Playground Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Domochevsky View Post
    Hum, now i kinda wonder in general whether or not she's used to doing "service" with her (ir)regular lovers or if she's purely on the receiving end. Would seem fitting for her. (The latter, that is.)

Ah, it's meta-humor by playing with the 4th wall, clever!

11. - Top - End - #1421
    Titan in the Playground

That they're oblivious to what Tabasco is would be enough to complain about in its own right, but that's not really my focus. My focus here is the bloody artist being ignorant of what Tabasco actually is, is like, or feels like. Granted I don't expect them to be shaking every substance on their genitals that they'd show in the comic, but I expect them to at least be passably familiar with common household items and what they're like and be able to understand that no, Tabasco would not apply in that way.
    Putting aside the fact that I don't have any idea what tabasco, mustard, vinegar, tube cleaner and various other items would do to my genitals (and if I was making a humorous comic I would take the most funny possible result) it still doesn't hold up to your claim that making either the artist or the characters seem ignorant would apply to all Canadians. So by watching Married with children I should conclude all US American shoe sellers are pathetic poor unhygienic fellows? Or all Chicago citizens? Well, I'll just take it for a poor choice of words.

Maybe Ma3 verse IS black and white. Did anyone ever claim to see color in the comic?

12. - Top - End - #1422
    Banned

ElfPirate

Maybe Ma3 verse IS black and white. Did anyone ever claim to see color in the comic?
    It's not, Zii and DiDi knew that the transformer they "broke" was pink.

13. - Top - End - #1423
    Titan in the Playground

Tabasco is a common household item?

Never seen it around here, though perhaps it might be named differently. Can't really name any common sauces I know of that are remotely spicy.
    Homebrewer's Signature | Avatar by Strawberries

14. - Top - End - #1424
    Dwarf in the Playground

In the next strip I expect Didi to try to seduce Gary by pushing her boobs in his face, accidentally smothering him in the process. Someone should gives Didi a vibrator before her bottled sexual frustration kills someone.

15. - Top - End - #1425

NecromancerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Morph Bark View Post
    Tabasco is a common household item?
    I wouldn't expect to be in Europe, but hot sauce is in the States and without active resistance shouldn't be uncommon in Canada. Tabasco is the brand that sometimes gets applied to the whole genera of condiment due to its ubiquity.
    Homebrew

16. - Top - End - #1426
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Lynn View Post
    In the next strip I expect Didi to try to seduce Gary by pushing her boobs in his face, accidentally smothering him in the process. Someone should gives Didi a vibrator before her bottled sexual frustration kills someone.
    And a book, How to use a vibrator for dummies, just to be on the safe side.
    Adrie, half elven bard. Drawing by Vulion, avatar by CheesePirate. Colored version by Callos_DeTerran. Thanks a lot, you guys.
    This place is not a place of honor…no highly esteemed deed is commemorated here… nothing valued is here.
    "There will come a day so dark you will pray for death. On that day your prayers will be answered."
    Book of shadows, book of night, wake the beast and banish light.

17. - Top - End - #1427
    Ogre in the Playground

Latest fashion: don't wear shirts!
    Quoth the raven, "Polly wants a cracker."

Pony avatar by the Great and Powerful DirtyTabs. Lotsa hugs!

Scourge Caste avatar by the illustrious Akrim.elf. Thank you!

18. - Top - End - #1428
    Ettin in the Playground

Peculiar, isn't it.

Interesting focus shift, that. From blueballin' Garry to (metaphorically) blueballin' Didi.

Also: The guy with the sunglasses is apparently pretty good at what he does (with Zii's directions? Is that the key for him?). And he was one of Didis lovers. How did that not work out? Sounds really like this is something on Didi's end.
    Mah Badges!
    Spoiler
    Show

Hey, check out my site. (It has interactive comics, stories and coding efforts.)

19. - Top - End - #1429

Oh boy, this could get bad. There isnt anyone available to ****block didi and keep her from trying to seduce gary. I hope he has the self control to stay faithful to yuki.

20. - Top - End - #1430
    Orc in the Playground

Wouldn't he have to start being faithful, to stay faithful?

21. - Top - End - #1431
    Troll in the Playground

Also: The guy with the sunglasses is apparently pretty good at what he does (with Zii's directions? Is that the key for him?). And he was one of Didis lovers. How did that not work out? Sounds really like this is something on Didi's end.
    Erik? I don't know, it seemed like Didi was rather enjoying him at the time, too.

Example 1
    Example 2

(Notice she calls him 'Derik' in the second one?)

22. - Top - End - #1432
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by JadedDM View Post
    Erik? I don't know, it seemed like Didi was rather enjoying him at the time, too.

Example 1
    Example 2

(Notice she calls him 'Derik' in the second one?)
    Thing is that we don't know how much of that was actually faked on account of Didi apparently not knowing jack about how this whole "sex" and "working with your partner" thing works, and/or just what the underlying problem of her lack of orgasm is.

This has about even odds of it being either medical or a lack of knowledge.
    Mah Badges!
    Spoiler
    Show

23. - Top - End - #1433

Quote Originally Posted by YeahThatGuy View Post
    Wouldn't he have to start being faithful, to stay faithful?
    Well from what I gathered, its just him and yuki now. Kiley stepped back and left the picture. Im not sure how much time has passed since then but I think its been a few days going by what zii said about how gary has been spending a lot of time working with yukis dad.

24. - Top - End - #1434
    Ogre in the Playground

This has about even odds of it being either medical or a lack of knowledge.
    It'd be outright hilarious if Gary had to teach DiDi. So good.

Well from what I gathered, its just him and yuki now. Kiley stepped back and left the picture. Im not sure how much time has passed since then but I think its been a few days going by what zii said about how gary has been spending a lot of time working with yukis dad.
    Yeah, until Yuki starts being any kind of reasonable, I don't hold Gary to any kind of bond here. I mean, yes, it would be good of his and Yuki's relationship if he did try to stay faithful, but I don't think he and Yuki have enough to claim that he should.

Not that it will stop her from doing so, of course, but from an objective standpoint.
    Last edited by Weimann; 2012-03-30 at 11:42 AM.

25. - Top - End - #1435
    Ogre in the Playground

I'd say that this comic is about him asking her to sing in his band, but he did say it was metaphorical. Is he making some kind of strange, musician proposal?

Also, shades in bed? They've grown on him or something?
    Last edited by Weimann; 2012-03-31 at 02:50 AM.

26. - Top - End - #1436

NecromancerGuy

They're his sole defining feature. How would we know it was him otherwise?
    Homebrew

27. - Top - End - #1437

They're his sole defining feature. How would we know it was him otherwise?
    Considering Zii has gone all monogamous on us, the fact that he is in her bed should be the identification we need. :p Also, wow zii, anal fixation much? Is she still hooked on gay guy sex or something?

28. - Top - End - #1438
    Titan in the Playground

Anyone got a translation on the tattoo?
    Sorry, things like that always fascinate me.
    It strikes me as a little hypocritical that the author shows so much breast, but not penis.
    Quote Originally Posted by Calanon View Post
    Raven_Cry's comments often have the effects of a +5 Tome of Understanding

29. - Top - End - #1439
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Ravens_cry View Post
    It strikes me as a little hypocritical that the author shows so much breast, but not penis.
    They just showed you a suggestive mic! And there are guy butts all around.
    Last edited by guttering flame; 2012-03-31 at 11:43 AM.

30. - Top - End - #1440
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Ravens_cry View Post
    I think it's more about media rating system and social bias - breasts are more or less tolerated, while specific bits below the waist (for both genders) are a no-no and showing those bits at work is right out. Not showing them means less problems for the authors. For historical reference read up on Pubic Wars.
    In a war it doesn't matter who's right, only who's left.