New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 33 of 50 FirstFirst ... 8232425262728293031323334353637383940414243 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #961
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: My Little Pony XXVI: Applebloom to Zecora!

Quote Originally Posted by Anarion View Post
    Oh no. No. Why did you...Do you have any idea what you may have just unleashed?!? Run while you still can.

Actual answer.
    Spoiler
    Show
    They're just background ponies. They were seen together a lot in early episodes and Lyra was caught sitting in an especially awkward position, although I forget the episode now. They have a fun color scheme, Phoe (of these boards and Equestria Daily) has a love affair with Lyra, and the fandom has somehow accepted them as a lesbian couple, even though I don't see how anyone could put up with Bon-Bon's voice as heard in ep. 12.
    Welcome to all of the fanon. You know all of those background ponies they randomly generated? Every single one? Yeah. We've created backstories and fanon for them. :P

Quote Originally Posted by Kindablue View Post
    Well, this is Lyra:
    Spoiler
    Show

I've never heard of Bon-Bon, though.
    Bonbon is the cream colored earth pony she's constantly with, and is assumed to be in a relationship with / married to.
    Avatar by DirtyTabs in the Adopt-A-Pony thread.

Thank you all so much for voting!
    Co-Winner of Rainbow Dash in the Playground!
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by TheAmishPirate View Post
    For your dedication to ponies and giving us all entertainment with your quote tree o' doom, I hereby award you the Louisianan Purchase. How can I do that? Long story short, let's just say I picked a doozy of a poker game to go "all in".

2. - Top - End - #962
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Titanium Fox View Post
    Bonbon is the cream colored earth pony she's constantly with, and is assumed to be in a relationship with / married to.
    Nope, still nothing.
    ... I came to appreciate that mountains make poor receptacles for dreams.

3. - Top - End - #963

Quote Originally Posted by SiuiS View Post
    Topaz, if I were going to read some conversion Beauruewleurueieu stuff (take that word I could spell six months ago!), any you would suggest?
    Ooh. That's actually kind of complicated; I freely admit that I like the idea of The Conversion Bureau more than I like a lot of the actual fiction.

For reference, I'll point you to the latest TCB thread on ponychan, since it's the most up to date reference available. From there, I'd say...

Background (if you want to be a compleatist):
    THE ORIGINAL: The Conversion Bureau (Blaze) -- This is what established the setting.

First Contact (Purple Prose) -- An alternate origin story that established a lot of spin-offs of its own.

Complete:
    Midnight's Tale (Midnight Shadow) -- One of my favorites, and the story that probably got me started with Topaz.

A Twist In The Tail (Midnight) -- A sequel of sorts to Midnight's Tale. BTW, neither of these is related to Esper's Midnight; Midnight is apparently a very popular pony name.

A Mare’s Tail (HiddenBrony) -- More grimdark than I usually manage to get through, but I found myself really liking the characters, and it ends well (in a sense).

Incomplete:
    Change of Life (FirstTimePonyWriter) -- This is one of the fics on my personal OhMyGodItUpdatedMustReadNow list. It ships Rainbow Dash with a human. And it works.

An Azure Future (Krass McWriter) -- Ponysanity, TCB style.

Ponies of a Rising Sun (Purple Prose) -- I have kind of given up on this ever updating, but I liked the beginning.
    Blue Star Topaz is my name
    Equestria's my station
    The Elements define my creed
    The Herd's my destination

4. - Top - End - #964

...Oh. I'm slow tonight, apparently.

Spoiler
    Show
    For your dedication to ponies and giving us all entertainment with your quote tree o' doom, I hereby award you the Louisianan Purchase. How can I do that? Long story short, let's just say I picked a doozy of a poker game to go "all in".

5. - Top - End - #965

Lyra and Bon Bon? Those are these two ponies:

Spoiler
    Show

Happy Trixie Appreciation Day!

Old Avatars:
    Spoiler
    Show

Stormpony Avatar by Dirtytabs

6. - Top - End - #966
    Ogre in the Playground

...Oh. I'm slow tonight, apparently.
    It's alright. They have surgeries and medicine for it now--getting served doesn't have to be the end anymore.

7. - Top - End - #967
    Troll in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

i sooooo prefer that voice to the near screech she had in episode 12 when she talked to Applebloom
    Ponies not only make ME want to be a better person than I was before they entered my life, they make me want to HELP OTHERS be better people too.

And that is a GOOD thing by any definition.

full size avatar

8. - Top - End - #968
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by otakuryoga View Post
    i sooooo prefer that voice to the near screech she had in episode 12 when she talked to Applebloom
    Let's not be too mean to Bon-Bon about that. She was just a little...

Horse. YYYYYYYEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHH HH!!!
    Thanks to Dirty Tabs for the Travis pony.

Spoiler
    Show

Thanks to A Thousand Words for the My Little Simhata avatar, and thanks to Trixie for fixing the cropping.

Breakdown Twilight from Pony Halloween celebration, thanks to Thanqol.

Thanks to Akrim.Elf for the awesome Laharl pony.

9. - Top - End - #969
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by otakuryoga View Post
    I pretend that neither of those voices happened. She'll always be Peggy Bundy to me.

10. - Top - End - #970
    Colossus in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by the_druid_droid View Post
    Clockwork:
    Spoiler
    Show
    For a moment, Sek was caught off-balance by the offered hat. He had been expecting a much different sort of question, the sort that Charger seemed to be hinting at. After a moment, the clockwork pony recovered, and gratefully donned the hat, before addressing his traveling companions.

"You know, you two have been really good about avoiding the obvious question here; most ponies tend to blurt it out as soon as they see me. Talking about it doesn't really bother me though, it just makes me feel...odd sometimes." The pegasus took a deep breath, or would have, if he'd needed to breathe.

"Like you can probably tell, I'm not a 'normal' pony; I'm mechanical, made out of bits of clockwork and scrap metal. The weird thing is, that instead of only doing one thing, like a sewing machine, or an oven, I can walk and talk and make my own decisions. I don't really know why, and neither did Dad; in fact, he confessed to me once that my original purpose was something along the lines of a wind-up toy..." The pony's irises contracted with a whirr, and for a moment he seemed almost wistful. "I'm headed to Canterlot to find this mechanic and see if he can figure out what's going on with me."
    Quote Originally Posted by BlasTech View Post
    Clockwork RP:
    Spoiler
    Show
    "Get out of town! So you're mechanical and self aware?! That's so awesome." Wide eyed, Igneous was regarding Second Hand as if seeing him for the first time. "Its a pity about the wind up thing, it sounds like a bit of a headache. Although, it does kind of remind me of a friend of mine, except for him its coffee instead of a turning-key."

"Speaking of which, how often do you need to rewind anyway? And where do you put the key ... ew, actually, nevermind that question. More importantly, have you ever tried coffee before?"
    Spoiler
    Show
    "Ah, I see," Charger said. A number of questions had been answered, reasonable guesses could be made about further ones - or the clockwork pony's lack of knowledge as to their answers. She contented herself with that; to question further would be rude. Better to simply accept that this was a thing which happened and move on.

"This mechanic, do you know her name? Perhaps I am familiar with her."

Quote Originally Posted by EsperDerek View Post
    Mr. Biscuit makes the best arguments for forgiveness.
    Mask: "One day, Mr. Biscuit, I shall learn your persuady techniques." *Noms*

Quote Originally Posted by Lix Lorn View Post
    OMG SO CUUUTE
    Mask: "I am a big pony!"
    Last edited by Thanqol; 2011-10-08 at 09:44 PM.

11. - Top - End - #971

So I am starting an eight player LAN game of Swords of the Stars. Anypony heard of it? Yeah, I'll be available for a while.

Spoiler
    Show

12. - Top - End - #972
    Troll in the Playground

Midnight is Learning:

Spoiler
    Show
    "Before we do that-and indeed, teasing Blueblood would be a fine thing to do-would you like to meet...well, I suppose you could call her the 'other me'? She's not dangerous, even though she sometimes would like to pretend that she is still.

Midnight is Learning
    Spoiler
    Show
    Leo laughs a bit. "I have no objections to what I think you're offering, though to be honest, I've known a few other yous... We just had a Twilight Midnight show up a few years ago actually." He thinks for a moment, then looks up. "I know you don't approve of the Sol Society as a whole or think it's a respectable authority... But I do know how to get them off your back, if you will allow me to deliver a message to her, and she gives the response I need."
    Thanks to Dirty Tabs for the Travis pony.

Spoiler
    Show

Thanks to A Thousand Words for the My Little Simhata avatar, and thanks to Trixie for fixing the cropping.

Breakdown Twilight from Pony Halloween celebration, thanks to Thanqol.

Thanks to Akrim.Elf for the awesome Laharl pony.

13. - Top - End - #973
    Troll in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

I pretend that neither of those voices happened. She'll always be Peggy Bundy to me.
    mmmmm...Peggy could get pretty whiny at times

however Gemma from Sons Of Anarchy works for me
    Ponies not only make ME want to be a better person than I was before they entered my life, they make me want to HELP OTHERS be better people too.

And that is a GOOD thing by any definition.

full size avatar

14. - Top - End - #974
    Ogre in the Playground

Art:
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler for episode 4:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Last edited by Kindablue; 2011-10-08 at 10:20 PM.

15. - Top - End - #975

Quote Originally Posted by Topaz View Post
    Complete:
    Midnight's Tale (Midnight Shadow) -- One of my favorites, and the story that probably got me started with Topaz.

A Twist In The Tail (Midnight) -- A sequel of sorts to Midnight's Tale. BTW, neither of these is related to Esper's Midnight; Midnight is apparently a very popular pony name.
    That's not too surprising, really. Midnight is a fairly simple name to come up with. I mean, hey, it's a time of day, after all. But it can also be used when you want your character to be dark and edgy. Not that I'm saying Midnight Shadow here is either of those things, I haven't read the story, but it's something I've encountered with other Midnight ponies.

I don't honestly even know if I was the first to use that name. I doubt it, honestly. I used Midnight for Trixie's mom because I thought it sort of fit well with what I was going for, considering how well 'Midnight' and 'Twilight' go together. Then it just fit for Midnight as a legacy name. A link from the past to the future.

Quote Originally Posted by Thanqol View Post
    Mask: "One day, Mr. Biscuit, I shall learn your persuady techniques." *Noms*
    In this biscuit's case, I think it's the chocolate chips.

Quote Originally Posted by Kris Strife View Post
    Midnight is Learning
    Spoiler
    Show
    Leo laughs a bit. "I have no objections to what I think you're offering, though to be honest, I've known a few other yous... We just had a Twilight Midnight show up a few years ago actually." He thinks for a moment, then looks up. "I know you don't approve of the Sol Society as a whole or think it's a respectable authority... But I do know how to get them off your back, if you will allow me to deliver a message to her, and she gives the response I need."
    Midnight is....
    Spoiler
    Show
    Midnight gawks slightly, looking at Leo.

"Another me is one of your organization?" She shakes her head, and brushes that forelock out of her eyes again. "Another discussion for another time. For now..." She pauses, having a brief internal conversation. She then closes her eyes, and then opens them,
    revealing brilliant green eyes, with catlike pupils. Her body grows slightly, more graceful and sleek, the Princess-like aspects already visible on her still-awkward young body coming to the forefront. Brilliant celestial wings emerge from her back, and her horn lengthens and sharpens.

Nightmare smiles playfully at Leo. She...doesn't give off the aura of menace that Nightmare Moon did.

"Oh? What message would you have to deliver to me, suncolt? While we both don't recognize the authority, we also recognize that it would be far less trouble in our lives if they kept off our flanks, too. And believe me, Midnight's life is complex enough. I should know!"

She giggles.

16. - Top - End - #976
    Barbarian in the Playground

So I am starting an eight player LAN game of Swords of the Stars. Anypony heard of it? Yeah, I'll be available for a while.
    SotS is awesome. I wish I still had it, I lost my copy when I had to reformat my hard disk. That's ok though, SotSII is coming out this month and I can't wait. Hopefully I'll be able to scrounge the money for it because I've been looking forward to this ever since it was announced.

17. - Top - End - #977

That's not too surprising, really. Midnight is a fairly simple name to come up with. I mean, hey, it's a time of day, after all. But it can also be used when you want your character to be dark and edgy. Not that I'm saying Midnight Shadow here is either of those things, I haven't read the story, but it's something I've encountered with other Midnight ponies.
    It's fair to say that neither Midnight Shadow nor Midnight Glen are "dark and edgy" (well, Midnight Shadow is literally dark). Poor Midnight Shadow is somewhat distressed to learn that everypony assumes that his is a filly's name...
    I don't honestly even know if I was the first to use that name. I doubt it, honestly. I used Midnight for Trixie's mom because I thought it sort of fit well with what I was going for, considering how well 'Midnight' and 'Twilight' go together. Then it just fit for Midnight as a legacy name. A link from the past to the future.
    I recall reading one pre-Cutie Mark Chronicles fic that used Midnight as Twilight Sparkle's father's name, but I don't remember if it predated OitC or not.
    Blue Star Topaz is my name
    Equestria's my station
    The Elements define my creed
    The Herd's my destination

18. - Top - End - #978

It's fair to say that neither Midnight Shadow nor Midnight Glen are "dark and edgy" (well, Midnight Shadow is literally dark). Poor Midnight Shadow is somewhat distressed to learn that everypony assumes that his is a filly's name...
    That was probably my fault, sorry!

I recall reading one pre-Cutie Mark Chronicles fic that used Midnight as Twilight Sparkle's father's name, but I don't remember if it predated OitC or not.
    It would not surprise me if that was that was the case, as I said, Midnight isn't exactly a challenging name to come up with.

A good one, though, used properly.

19. - Top - End - #979

Quote Originally Posted by Bayonet Priest View Post
    SotS is awesome. I wish I still had it, I lost my copy when I had to reformat my hard disk. That's ok though, SotSII is coming out this month and I can't wait. Hopefully I'll be able to scrounge the money for it because I've been looking forward to this ever since it was announced.
    Sword of the Stars... Two? OH GOD. I am so excited you can't even imagine. *Bouncebouncebounce*

I think OitC was newer than Cutie Mark Chronicles, although don't quote me on that.

Spoiler
    Show

20. - Top - End - #980

Quote Originally Posted by Grif View Post
    HNNGGHHH! Urge. To. Pull. Lever. Rising.

*pulls lever*

Release the magma! Muahahahaha!

Clearly, you've gone insane. Again. Moreso than usual. Quite a remarkable feat.
    But, Lyra! How could you... forget to come to the Blue Pony meetup?!

You really should have been there; I mean, unless you had something really important to do like stalking Twilight.

After all, if you had been there, you'd know how easily I can escape this lava by doing this!
    Raindrop's horn glows and one of the nearby clouds flies towards him. The cloud stops when it reaches Raindrop, and he hops on to it, floating safely above the lava.

Alternate response:
    Spoiler
    Show
    No, wait! That's the wrong lever!

RP: Blue Ponies Yay!

Oh, you were a Colt Scout? That's sounds like fun. I was never a Filly Scout, which I guess is just as well because I would probably have been terrible at selling cookies. I was in school chorus instead, I'm not really that good at singing but I do love it. She stretches and looks around. Huh, we seem to be the only ones left at the Blue Pony Meetup. Ah, do you want to go get some dinner or something?
    Oh, you're right! We're the only ones left. Um, sure I'd like to get some dinner. I know this place that's pretty good nearby. They specialize in food from Neighpon.

(Quickly somepony! I need a ponified restaurant name! Please?)

Quote Originally Posted by Eakin View Post
    Everypony wish me luck! I'm off to catch a train to NYC to sleep there and take my CISSP certification exam tomorrow morning at 8:00. I'll check in by mobile but I doubt I'll be posting, as I'll be occupied by last minute cramming. Tomorrow I will either pass that test or DIE TRYING.
    Although I won't know which until 4 weeks from now. Actual deadness may vary.
    Good Luck!

Truly the worst color of them all.
    "Why is it that we receive a penny for our thoughts, but have to put in our 2 cents?"

Previous Avatars:
    Spoiler
    Show

I got an award!
    Spoiler
    Show

Fluttershy in the Playground - third place

21. - Top - End - #981

Sword of the Stars... Two? OH GOD. I am so excited you can't even imagine. *Bouncebouncebounce*
    Yes and it looks to be truly glorious. Originally it was supposed to be out in August but it was pushed back to September and now October. I don't mind though, I'd prefer it be released when it's good and ready rather than get pushed out the door full of bugs.

To keep this pony related, have a comic.
    Spoiler
    Show

Anybody get the reference?

22. - Top - End - #982
    Troll in the Playground

I am extremely bad with horror films. Hell, I watched half of Marble Hornets and I couldn't sleep for a week.
    Weird coincidence time! Not too long after I read this, I went to check EqD, and scrolling through the fanfic update list, I saw Ever Watching (the Slenderman crossover). Being a bit slow on some Internet-y things, I finally got around to searching for the name Slenderman on Know Your Meme, read the article, and decided to start watching the videos, all the while thinking that Marble Hornets sounded really familiar, before it finally occurred to me why. So now I got sucked in and am watching them all at 11:37 PM local time...woohoo!

Cutie Mark Crusaders horror buddies is go!
    This Machine Surrounds Hate And Forces It To Surrender

Quote Originally Posted by Anarion View Post
    DD, your unicorn is stronger, prettier, and higher-ranking than mine, and her secret lab has a better name than mine. THERE SHALL BE NO QUARTER.
    Ponythread Learns to Draw!

Spoiler
    Show
    Bleeeeh! Alfalfa Monster!

23. - Top - End - #983

I think OitC was newer than Cutie Mark Chronicles, although don't quote me on that.
    It is, in fact, older than CMC, actually. Because I remember being very surprised to learn that Twilight had parents, and very glad I was careful with not making a solid backstory for her apart from what we already knew.

24. - Top - End - #984
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Vent Reynolt View Post
    Except for you, Dashie. You can pull it off.

I didn't think there was one when I first saw it. Is it Hey Arnold?

It is, in fact, older than CMC, actually. Because I remember being very surprised to learn that Twilight had parents, and very glad I was careful with not making a solid backstory for her apart from what we already knew.
    You thought she was an orphan?
    Last edited by Kindablue; 2011-10-08 at 11:45 PM.

25. - Top - End - #985
    Banned

More curiosity about pony gaming.

Three ways to go. The two I linked whay back yonder (page ten- will link in future) or just D&D with ponies in it.

Of the options, just D&D feels wonky, but may be best. The simpler, D20 pony game has the advantage of I know the system, but lacks some of the necessary elements to feel like D&D. The complicated system sounds really, really cool, and totally fitting. It has the disadvantage of everypony needing to learn a new system in order to play, though, and of being something I do not grok as easily as d20.

I also have no idea how to run a PbP game, Which is why I didn't volunteer immediately. The playground seems to have it's own customs and mannerisms, and let's be honest; DMing, or GMing, or even STing for a new group can be intimidating as all get-out. Related, I'm askin this general statement1 here because I know you folks.

How I can worry make blueblood look good bu worry about judgement in gaming of all things is a touch of a mystery though...

Somewhat related, I enjoy making characters for fun, I enjoy pondering new systems as a leisure activity, and I like showing examples to try and get other ponies to do the same. So without further ado, character sheets!

-

STARRY NOTIONS (Rolplaying is Magic)

Spoiler
    Show

Unicorn colt, cream body, dark green-black mane, silver eyes
    Special talent: metamagic / manipulation of magic (usually enchantment)
    Cutie mark: a sword over an open book,over a circle diagram
    HEART: 2 BODY: 1 MIND: 3
    3 health, 4 energy, 5 courage

Talents: Tireless, Willful
    Job: Soldier/adventurer
    Skills: enchantment, navigation, folklore, journeying
    Element: Generosity

MAGIC
    Tricks:
    metamagic (change + magic) alters effects of spells (standard), on the fly (hard), or even as the other pony uses them (legendary)
    TK tactile feedback (change + know + magic) uses broad TK application to "feel out" surrounding environment. Learned in Whitetail Woods.

effects: change, know
    Subjects: magic

STARRY NOTIONS (Pony Tales Role Playing System)

Spoiler
    Show
    Unicorn Pony Colt
    APTITUDES
    Muscle: 2 hardiness: 3
    Speed: 2 Agility: 3
    Smarts: 4 Learning: 2

TALENTS
    Earth: none
    Fire: Enchantment 1
    Air: NA
    Water: NA
    Levitation: TK 2
    Magic: Metamagic 3

WEAKNESS: Eccentric (easily flustered by ponies who where to a single worldview; random or chaotic)

DESCRIPTION: Starry notions, unicorn pony
    Cream colored fur and dark green, almost black mane. Short, almost foalish size with a narrower, mare-like face and large silver eyes. Aside from his small size, Starry is a well-built if average pony, with a lean look from his travels.

Ever bright-eyed, he has a chipper voice and brogue-ish inflection, varying in tone from low, slow and soothing to deeper, shriller and louder when agitated. His saddlebags and work knife are concealed somewhat under a tattered-looking dull forest green cloak, and his face is often protected by a wide brimmed wizard's hat, complete with floppy point.

POSSESSIONS:
    Cloak, hat, knife, embossed steel shield, griffonsteel ring

Last edited by SiuiS; 2011-10-09 at 01:16 AM.

26. - Top - End - #986

Don't a good number of restaurants have their names based off of a person's name or the name of the food? I mean, drive down the street, most any locally owned place will be _____'s.

Could go with: Lyra's
    With some script on the sign saying: Experience the food of Roam!

You know, something like that. Maybe not Lyra, since she is obviously not Roamin (except between Ponyville and Canterlot).

Spoiler
    Show

Its from Hey Arnold, a show on nickelodeon from about...10....15 years backish?
    Happy Trixie Appreciation Day!

Old Avatars:
    Spoiler
    Show

Stormpony Avatar by Dirtytabs

27. - Top - End - #987
    Ettin in the Playground

[

Also, the Midnight picture made drawfriend!
    Saw that, went "Yay". I'm still finding it weird to see things here before they come out on ED.

Quote Originally Posted by Khosan View Post

Any ideas at all would be welcome
    Quote Originally Posted by Khosan View Post

EDIT: Hold on! An idea appears! We start with 1 balloon for level 1, level 2 is 1 balloon with some streamers and maybe a horn, level 3 is 2 balloons, no streamers. So essentially, every other level a 'party' is thrown and another balloon appears next level.

I'll probably go with caterpillars like you said. Assuming I can pull off 'cute caterpillars' correctly.
    Hrm, for Pinkie Pie I was going to suggest empty baloon outlines, which first appear then fill with colour. But the party-every-level thing suits her personality more.

Fluttershy ... maybe some green cocoon/leaves that are replaced with Butterflies? Or some pink flower's that are replaced with Butterflies ... maybe if you can get the petals to resemble wings. (Just thinking back to the original Posey pony concept of Fluttershy)

Clockwork:
    Spoiler
    Show
    A strange look passes over the pegasus' face for a moment. "Oh, uh, that was more a metaphor really...Dad was clever enough to build me so that I wouldn't need winding up!"

After a moment, Second Hand broke the silence that had descended over the little group. "Well, now that I've shared, it's somepony else's turn; it's only fair that you two tell me a bit more about yourselves."

Quote Originally Posted by Thanqol View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    "Ah, I see," Charger said. A number of questions had been answered, reasonable guesses could be made about further ones - or the clockwork pony's lack of knowledge as to their answers. She contented herself with that; to question further would be rude. Better to simply accept that this was a thing which happened and move on.

"This mechanic, do you know her name? Perhaps I am familiar with her."

Clockwork RP

Spoiler
    Show
    "Oh, well that's nifty" Igneous replied after Second Hand had finished explaining. "You'd be a natural for the Night Guard now that they're recruiting again, what with the not needing to sleep bit. One of my favourite instructors was the head of that division."

He tapped his chin with his hoof for a moment as he thought about how best to answer the clockwork pony's query.

"Oh, well I could probably talk your ear off all day. Umm, lets see, how far back should I begin? I left home a few years back in order to work on a cousin's farm for a while when they were short handed, but got bored of that rather quickly. Things picked up there though, and they eventually hired some more staff to take the slack, so I was freed up from that. Decided to come to Canterlot about a year ago to study, but ended up signing up (or rather being signed up) for the Guard following rather large accident in the thaumaturgical research department.

Finished basic only recently, which was a blast let me tell you. I think I did well, at least my instructor said I had potential. How did he put it ... erm "lots of room to improve" or something along those lines. Apart from a few minor postings, the sort of stuff they get you to do while nothing major is going on, haven't done much else until I got this special assignment."

He grinned at the memories.

"Ahh good times ..."

He would have continued, but Charger took that moment to ask her query and Igneous fell silent lest he interrupt.

Oh, you're right! We're the only ones left. Um, sure I'd like to get some dinner. I know this place that's pretty good nearby. They specialize in food from Neighpon.

EDIT:
    Am assuming you're after japanese sounding ones?

How about;

- Kabucki
    - Akineighya's
    - Maresuya's

These are all plays on sushi places near where I work
    Last edited by BlasTech; 2011-10-09 at 12:17 AM.

28. - Top - End - #988

Yeah, I remember those days. Before that several fics went with the idea that Twilight was an orphan raised by Celestia. This reminds me, we haven't seen Twilight's folks in yet in the OitCverse. Might they show up at some point?

@Kindablue: Yeah, it has to be a Hey Arnold reference. I was getting Hey Arnold vibes from it even before Snails showed up and that hoof to the face sealed it.

29. - Top - End - #989

Weird coincidence time! Not too long after I read this, I went to check EqD, and scrolling through the fanfic update list, I saw Ever Watching (the Slenderman crossover). Being a bit slow on some Internet-y things, I finally got around to searching for the name Slenderman on Know Your Meme, read the article, and decided to start watching the videos, all the while thinking that Marble Hornets sounded really familiar, before it finally occurred to me why. So now I got sucked in and am watching them all at 11:37 PM local time...woohoo!

Cutie Mark Crusaders horror buddies is go!
    Yeeeeahhh... Yeah. I did the same thing. However like I said it apparently wouldn't have mattered, because it took me over a week to be able to fall asleep. And I'm narcoleptic. So yeah. That was an impressive amount of fear. XD

Yes and it looks to be truly glorious. Originally it was supposed to be out in August but it was pushed back to September and now October. I don't mind though, I'd prefer it be released when it's good and ready rather than get pushed out the door full of bugs.
    Agreed. I hate it when people push games out to make a release. I'd rather wait for a polished, completed product than get a poorly made one quicker.

Huh, well then. I stand corrected. I didn't think you'd been a Brony for that long for some reason. XD

Although I some level I do compare everypony else's timeline against my own, and I didn't become a Brony until the week after episode 26 came out.

Spoiler
    Show

30. - Top - End - #990
    Ogre in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show

Twilight my love,
    My sultry equine,
    Why must I hold you
    only whilt I dream?
    Will I be forever enslaved by your spell?
    Why must I worship you and never tell?
    Twilight, you make my marehood tremble.
    My senses all go un-fix'd-y.
    Someday, I'll tell the world, my love...
    I, the Great and Powerful Trixie!!!!