New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 35 of 50 FirstFirst ... 10252627282930313233343536373839404142434445 ... LastLast
Results 1,021 to 1,050 of 1486
  1. - Top - End - #1021
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: My Little Pony XXVI: Applebloom to Zecora!

Quote Originally Posted by SiuiS View Post
    [color="green"]

Niiiice~

Two things of interest. Shouldn't be spoilers, but what they hay.

Spoiler
    Show
    in the first one, what does the x5 do on that particular training? I don't think there's much room in it for emphasis or specialization, given how light a system it is (or alternately, how broad special training is in application). Still, other than that, that's pretty cool. It's nice to see more examples; I went for "average across the board, but clever". It's good to know I didn't screw up the numbers XD

For the second one, I think the weakness could best be phrased as Absent-mindedness. That's my only quibble there.

The x5 relates to the five specific attributes that guard training focused on/provided (endurance, hoof to hoof combat etc.) basically the next five specific traits. I just had that notation to make sure I got the right number of skills.

I'll have a rethink on how to word the weakness in the second bit. It's not so much a matter of forgetting things as he just tends to antagonize or irritate people with his mannerisms.
    Last edited by BlasTech; 2011-10-09 at 05:57 AM.

2. - Top - End - #1022
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Titanium Fox View Post
    I still love it that this is considered slow in this thread.

"There's just so much to do~"
    Well, I was being facetious a bit. I think we've finally gotten enough ponies in enough different parts of the world to keep a good running pace throughout the diurnal cycle.

Bu yeah, I can't really view other threads. They're so slow...
    Makes it harder to seem like less a creepy pony stalker, since this is the only place I really do anything XD

Not at all. However I acknowlege their proximity to the rear of their owners, and the fact that in real life people get rather touchy about that entire area, so I would assume that in terms of legality that touchyness would translate to Equestria. Or maybe they're just really really chill about all of that. Who knows? It is pretty much a utopia, you know?
    Har. Interesting view of utopia
    Good points. I was mostly playing disQord's advocate. I tend to do that.

In legitimacy I blame the ratio of female ponies to male ponies in the show. It's the exact opposite ratio of my college.
    I see no problem with this.

Ohh, how I love abusing letter of the law. Loopholes, my friend. Loopholes. State of New Hampshire doesn't differentiate between Swords and Knives, and you can carry a knife over 6 inches as long as 60% of the weapon is visible. Strange I know. However you're seeing where I'm going with this, right? I've never done this of course, I'm not stupid, but the fact that I can theoretically legally equip and wield a sword is awesome.
    I think delving into a lay disussion of law borders on rule impingement ia politics, so I'll stay away from detail. But if that's anything like CA penal section 12020.4.A-G, I think you'll find you can carry a sword all ya want, until it's not in a sheath. Then no fun will be had

I'm also sure you already know this, but loopholes don't go over legally even a tenth as well as television makes you think; most officers and judges take the spirit of the law into account.

... What's the average weather per season in New Hampshire?

I can totally understand that. Still doesn't change the fact that I miss seeing her around constantly. You know, as soon as I posted this, like four posts later she posted! I'm glad to see she still at least stops in.
    Yeah... I try not to think about the ponies we've lost, it makes me sad. But yes, Phoe's implied presence (whether or not she's here- are you here, Phoe?) is a nice moral booster. With luck, she will have time, energy, and a slow enough thread for us to catch up with her sometime

Thanks. And I don't mean that sarcastically at all.
    My pleasure to be of service.

I've got a D&D-ifyed Applejack here if you want to check her out. Human Lasher. I know Rogue doesn't fit right off the bat, but that's more for mechanical viability than character. If anypony can come up with something better that's still mechanically viable let me know.
    D&D sheets dot net? Hmm... Probably much neater than notepad, I'll have to check that out. And the AJ as well.

What optimization level are you looking at for "mechanically viable"? Because I've got a VOP monk, and I have an epic wizard with a minimum caster level of 200 who generates gold and experience when he makes magic items. So... I've got a spectrum.

I'm usually not around during those times because nopony else seems to be here. But yeah, I'm at the computer all day at work, and generally the time spent working involves waiting for X install or Y user. So I have free time.
    I see. I will keep that in mind if I get a work schedule I'm happier with. I'll try and direct more stuff at you personally during those hours, if I'm awake.

Wow man, a little... into ponies?
    Well, see, I was referencing that I don't even really like Pinkie, so the legitimacy of the statement couldn't be dismissed with "pffft, he's got a crush on Pinkie"
    But a bit, aye <<;
    In seriousness though, I'm inclined to agree. Humanized I do imagine her a little curvy and rounded out, but still... Well, yeah, for a lack of a better term gorgeous.
    Oh, this is new.
    Aye, I can see that. Reminds me of Braz actually.

Which I guess invalidates my prior legitimacy attempt :|
    XD

Need. To. Find. A. K-Mart. Yesterday.
    I know, right? Tempted to load up on Pinkies and then find ways to ship them for zero-sum.

Well I'd most likely have to take some liberties. All I know is I'm shooting for the same characters to end up in the same final spot so that I can introduce a humanized Midnight into my world. Because Midnight is best OC.
    Yes. Yes she is.
    And, honestly, if the player can pull it off, you could honestly jut do the show almost directly. Make a boast of beating a magic-resistant beast, which the Twilight can best through either fudged rolls, specialization or monitor design.

Either way, it's a fascinating experiment.

I'll see if I can hunt down the story again someday. It was really adorable and I loved it.
    Oh, fiction! Ok, yeah. Though I've got a queue... Still workif on RebelHero's story. So little time in the day...

...Isn't this so fanon to be at the point of "might as well be canon" by now?
    Depends on whether the creators got my ambiguously worded, potentially unnerving note listing my shipping preferences and their home addresses
    Creepypinkiegrin.jpg

But yeah, I hope so. Lyra and Bon-Bon kinda became for me what lesbian Dash was/is to Phoe; I've got a weird amount invested in them.

FFRP: Poking Ponies (Welcome to another RP SiuiS! )

Spoiler
    Show
    The filly makes a cute, squeaking litte 'eep!' sound and jumps reflexively, turning in midair (somehow) to face the as of earlier unseen pony. "D-Don't you dare mister!" she manages to stammer out, that same characteristic purple hue returning to her muzzle.
    The 'mister' grinning back at Jade is Brazen Shield, deep purple police pony. Starry snickers from the other side of the teal, blushing pony.

'eep'? That's not a great philosophical or scientific insight. Oh well. Braz, you think we should go poke other ponies? Or experiment concluded?

How does right now sound? I'm playing Sword of the Stars, League of Legends, and posting in the thread all at once right now!
    Hm. Good, aside from my nodding away while typing. I think I'll take the next ship to sail, me lad. Sorry.

Ohmygoshohmygoshohmygoshohmygosh! Somepony drew me! Thank you SiuiS! *Glomp*
    oh, well if you're going to be flattered, I'll have to draw a decent picture instead of an awkward pen doodle.

Related, dis you know you're better off drawing guidelines than flying blind, even with pen? I do now. Har.

"Butbutbut... Shimmer's dating Midnight? Doesn't that make her perverted by association?"
    Hm. Ok, yes, you've got me there.

FFRP: Poking Ponies
    Spoiler
    Show
    "Oh dear! Really? I hadn't heard that legend before! I'll remember that, I do not want to encounter her again. Where was she last seen anyways? Last I heard of her, Celestia had teleported her off... Somewhere." She sighed, recalling that little incident. It had also been the last time she had been in Canterlot.

"It's refreshing to see a colt who's willing to take things as they come. Although be completely honest with me, I can tell it's still getting on your nerves a little that it's still taking so long. It's alright. You wanna hear the story of how I got my cutie mark? It might make you feel better." She smiles warmly, returning her flank to the nice, warm, sunbaked little plot of grass.

Well, I'd assume it ranges in age over what would basically be the equivelant of human puberty. Applejack looks like a preteen in the show when she gets hers, whereas Fluttershy looks more to be about... 14 or 15 in human years?
    Eyup. That's my assumption.

Quote Originally Posted by Blastech
    guard training
    Gooootttttcha. I think I mixed up which system it was for XD
    AND bed now. I'll have plenty of time for stuff tomorrow, unless we have miraculous Sunday business.
    It is Sunday now right? Without any days off, I've lost track <<;

3. - Top - End - #1023
    Orc in the Playground

FFRP: Poking Ponies and ponies and ponies and ponies, and ponies and ponies and PONIES and ponies...

Spoiler
    Show
    "Oh dear! Really? I hadn't heard that legend before! I'll remember that, I do not want to encounter her again. Where was she last seen anyways? Last I heard of her, Celestia had teleported her off... Somewhere." She sighed, recalling that little incident. It had also been the last time she had been in Canterlot.

"It's refreshing to see a colt who's willing to take things as they come. Although be completely honest with me, I can tell it's still getting on your nerves a little that it's still taking so long. It's alright. You wanna hear the story of how I got my cutie mark? It might make you feel better." She smiles warmly, returning her flank to the nice, warm, sunbaked little plot of grass.
    Beeskee giggles as he watches the other pony approach Jade from behind, only to get caught before any poking can occur. "Close!" (Edit: At least, I think it was a miss...?)

He nods at what Jade says, and hrms. "I haven't seen her since she got trapped in a box. I can only imagine what happened..."

Meanwhile...
    Pinkestia: (inside a box, still 'stealthing' around the Canterlot castle grounds) "Trotacon? What's the next objective? ... Come in, Trotacon." ("Otacolt" also works.)

He nods at what she says. "I just don't want to force it. It'll come when it's good and ready, once I've figured out exactly what it is that makes me and others around me happy." He perks up when she mentions her cutie mark story, it's easy to tell he loves hearing those kind of stories. "Yes, please do." The slate-colored earth pony settles down onto the cool grass near Jade, listening attentively.

All the pony ages seem to be deliberately vague, it makes it really difficult to figure out ages for RP. I guess Beeskee would be "late teenage" then, probably at the high end of the age range for ponies who haven't gotten their cutie marks.

And yeah, SiuiS, if you have work tomorrow don't stay up too late!
    Last edited by Beeskee; 2011-10-09 at 06:20 AM.
    Happy Trixie Appreciation Day!

PonyFort: IC and OOC threads.

4. - Top - End - #1024
    Titan in the Playground

"how important is MLP: FiM to the world?"

The rigt answer is not make it mandatory viewing. Forcing pony on others isn't brony, it's beig an inconsiderate jerk. I refuse to believe I lost four points BECAUSE I took some of the morals to heart.

Any brony quiz Whig penalizes love and tolerance falls short of my mark. I think I will contact them and let them know. May as well, aye?
    I lost a few points on that question too. I didn't think much of it at the time, though I see your point.

For some reason I was much more concerned about the fact they called Lyra's cutie mark a Harp rather than a Lyre.

Quote Originally Posted by EsperDerek View Post
    Ooh, ohh! Please do! Teacher and I will definitely help you!
    Oh my...

You know, I'm starting to get ideas already. I don't know if that's good or very, very bad.

Still, that is insane. SO MUCH SHIPPING. Offering to the shipping gods much?
    I do love shipping ^^

I became a brony the week Sonic Rainboom came out. In retrospect, that was pretty darn good timing.
    I think I became a brony somewhere around Over a Barrel. I remember Green Isn't your Color was the last episode available on YouTube at the time, at least.

Quote Originally Posted by Vorpalbob View Post

Fellow Bronies in the Playground, I am frightened. Why, you may ask?

I just took the How much of a Brony Are You test.

Despite the fact that I have only seen each episode once, written only one fic, never drawn anything, own no merch, and that my only outward expression of Brony-ness is this as my desktop...
    by the way I LOVE Deadpool
    I scored 84% on the test.

On trivia alone.
    Occasionally, my Autism can cause problems like this. :P
    The trivia does count for a lot, but still, if you got the same score as me with trivia alone... that seems odd. I was unsure of one of Dash's numbers in Sonic Rainboom so lost a few points on that, but I think I got most of the other trivia right. Plus I got a bunch of points from the other questions too (I make art, own merch, write fics, have watched all the episodes several times... lots of brony points).

There was some mention of not losing points if you leave the answers blank. I don't know if that might have affected your score somehow.
    Last edited by Deadly; 2011-10-09 at 05:55 AM.

5. - Top - End - #1025
    Ogre in the Playground

My only problem with things like this is, who are the test makers to decide how bronyish I am?
    They have an internet page and all that. They surley have some certification or something like that.

Also, I got a solid 65% in that test.

Quote Originally Posted by Beeskee View Post
    I had this problem RL too, I never knew what I wanted to be growing up. I still don't know for certain. I'm good with computers, but so are a lot of people. Not exactly "special" there. Then again, with 6+ billion people, it's hard to feel unique.
    Don't bother making plans. Live will take it's course anyway. A few years ago a friend gave me a book for a lecture we visited. And since it was quite expensive I felt obliged to finish that lecture, even if it bored me. And that set my life to a different track, influencing my profession, my circle of friends, my domicile, my relationships.
    Also, being good with computers is more unique than you think. I know that, it's my job to help people with computers.

We're trying to keep it slow so everypony can catch up.
    That's awfully nice, thank you.
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Blade View Post
    50% analysis, 40% jokes, 10% depression
    “The problem with quotes on the internet is you never know if they are genuine.”
    ― Joseph Stalin

6. - Top - End - #1026
    Bugbear in the Playground

Beeskee, I’ll be responding to you in my next post, don’t worry! I just need to finish fleshing out that particular story in my mind before I post it. XP

---

Well, I was being facetious a bit. I think we've finally gotten enough ponies in enough different parts of the world to keep a good running pace throughout the diurnal cycle.

Bu yeah, I can't really view other threads. They're so slow...
    Makes it harder to seem like less a creepy pony stalker, since this is the only place I really do anything XD
    Don't worry, you don't seem like creepy pony stalker man. Trust me, about 90% of my posts end up in this thread too. Everything just moves so slow comparatively, you get used to it!

Har. Interesting view of utopia
    Good points. I was mostly playing disQord's advocate. I tend to do that.
    Not gonna lie. If Equestria exsited, I would totally do everything I could to live there, monarch or no.

I see no problem with this.
    What, the fact that my college's gender ratio is six males to one female? XD

I think delving into a lay disussion of law borders on rule impingement ia politics, so I'll stay away from detail. But if that's anything like CA penal section 12020.4.A-G, I think you'll find you can carry a sword all ya want, until it's not in a sheath. Then no fun will be had

I'm also sure you already know this, but loopholes don't go over legally even a tenth as well as television makes you think; most officers and judges take the spirit of the law into account.

... What's the average weather per season in New Hampshire?
    Yeah, I know, don't worry. They're just fun to find in theory, and then exploit after the fact if you do accidentally break the law. Not that I've ever had this problem.

Weather per season in New Hampshire? We get a ton of precipitation. Lightning every couple of weeks in late spring, usually a few feet of snow on two or three occasions in winter. Summers around 80 - 90, and comparatively bone chilling falls.

Yeah... I try not to think about the ponies we've lost, it makes me sad. But yes, Phoe's implied presence (whether or not she's here- are you here, Phoe?) is a nice moral booster. With luck, she will have time, energy, and a slow enough thread for us to catch up with her sometime
    Definitely. Phoe, come back!

My pleasure to be of service.
    *Hugs* ^^

D&D sheets dot net? Hmm... Probably much neater than notepad, I'll have to check that out. And the AJ as well.

What optimization level are you looking at for "mechanically viable"? Because I've got a VOP monk, and I have an epic wizard with a minimum caster level of 200 who generates gold and experience when he makes magic items. So... I've got a spectrum.
    JESUS ****ING CHRIST THAT'S BROKEN. @_@

J-Just viable... Not DM pissing off levels...

I see. I will keep that in mind if I get a work schedule I'm happier with. I'll try and direct more stuff at you personally during those hours, if I'm awake.
    Awesome. It'll definitely help pass the lulls in work.

Well, see, I was referencing that I don't even really like Pinkie, so the legitimacy of the statement couldn't be dismissed with "pffft, he's got a crush on Pinkie"
    But a bit, aye <<;
    Well, Pinkie is tied for fourth favorite pony with Fluttershy and Rarity for me. But in terms of attractiveness? You know what, I think I'm going to keep my mouth shut, I'm starting to feel a little creepy. Even thought nothing I'm saying is wrong per-se. Also, frankly? Same.

Oh, this is new.
    Aye, I can see that. Reminds me of Braz actually.

Which I guess invalidates my prior legitimacy attempt :|
    XD
    "Victory!"

Yes. Yes she is.
    And, honestly, if the player can pull it off, you could honestly jut do the show almost directly. Make a boast of beating a magic-resistant beast, which the Twilight can best through either fudged rolls, specialization or monitor design.

Either way, it's a fascinating experiment.
    The players in that campaign are basically kidnapping victims of the government of Shadelyn, and are being forced to fight in the Arena. I'll introduce Twilight as a fellow arena fighter and have her best a magically protected animal (Celestial Bear much?), and then have Trixie "selected" to fight the same thing on a team with Twilight during next session. Have Trixie fail miserably and Twilight save her plot.

I'm also introducing Fluttershy though. I'll let Trixie make a decision on her ship interest. Time to find out what PsychoShutin's OTP is!

Oh, fiction! Ok, yeah. Though I've got a queue... Still workif on RebelHero's story. So little time in the day...
    I hear you there. I haven't restarted my laptop in a month because of all of the tabs of Pony Fiction I still need to go through.

Depends on whether the creators got my ambiguously worded, potentially unnerving note listing my shipping preferences and their home addresses
    Creepypinkiegrin.jpg

But yeah, I hope so. Lyra and Bon-Bon kinda became for me what lesbian Dash was/is to Phoe; I've got a weird amount invested in them.
    Channeling your inner Lyra there man? XD

The 'mister' grinning back at Jade is Brazen Shield, deep purple police pony. Starry snickers from the other side of the teal, blushing pony.

'eep'? That's not a great philosophical or scientific insight. Oh well. Braz, you think we should go poke other ponies? Or experiment concluded?
    "N-No! That's not it! You just... Missed, is all. Yeah."

Hm. Good, aside from my nodding away while typing. I think I'll take the next ship to sail, me lad. Sorry.
    Night SiuiS!

oh, well if you're going to be flattered, I'll have to draw a decent picture instead of an awkward pen doodle.

Related, dis you know you're better off drawing guidelines than flying blind, even with pen? I do now. Har.
    Still amazing compared to anything this pony can draw. I am not visually artistic.

Hm. Ok, yes, you've got me there.
    Hehehehe.

Quote Originally Posted by Deadly View Post
    Oh my...

You know, I'm starting to get ideas already. I don't know if that's good or very, very bad.
    It's Midnight and Lix. Both!

Quote Originally Posted by Deadly View Post
    I do love shipping ^^
    We all do! Or at least I know I do.

Quote Originally Posted by Sweetie Welf View Post
    Don't bother making plans. Live will take it's course anyway. A few years ago a friend gave me a book for a lecture we visited. And since it was quite expensive I felt obliged to finish that lecture, even if it bored me. And that set my life to a different track, influencing my profession, my circle of friends, my domicile, my relationships.
    Also, being good with computers is more unique than you think. I know that, it's my job to help people with computers.
    I say make plans, because it's good to be prepared if things do go in the direction you forsee. But make those plans fluid and be willing to change them 100%. I had every plan to hold out for federal cybersecurity employment post-college. I'm now working for a Finnish meteorology company in their IT department. Things do indeed change and you need to account for that, but always know where you want to go and have a plan to get there. Otherwise you become sedentary, and that isn't good.
    Last edited by Titanium Fox; 2011-10-09 at 07:03 AM.
    Avatar by DirtyTabs in the Adopt-A-Pony thread.

Thank you all so much for voting!
    Co-Winner of Rainbow Dash in the Playground!
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by TheAmishPirate View Post
    For your dedication to ponies and giving us all entertainment with your quote tree o' doom, I hereby award you the Louisianan Purchase. How can I do that? Long story short, let's just say I picked a doozy of a poker game to go "all in".

7. - Top - End - #1027
    Orc in the Playground

Beeskee, I’ll be responding to you in my next post, don’t worry! I just need to finish fleshing out that particular story in my mind before I post it. XP
    No rush.

Quote Originally Posted by Sweetie Welf View Post
    I say make plans, because it's good to be prepared if things do go in the direction you forsee. But make those plans fluid and be willing to change them 100%. I had every plan to hold out for federal cybersecurity employment post-college. I'm now working for a Finnish meteorology company in their IT department. Things do indeed change and you need to account for that, but always know where you want to go and have a plan to get there. Otherwise you become sedentary, and that isn't good.
    Both are good advice, really. Make plans but don't get so stuck on following them that you can't adapt to changing circumstances, seems to be a good way to survive and enjoy life.

Heeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee's Baaaaaaaaaaaaaaack! Pt 2 (Based on this)
    Spoiler
    Show

Part 1

Part 2:

(I'm not the artist, I just found it.)
    Last edited by Beeskee; 2011-10-09 at 07:09 AM.

8. - Top - End - #1028
    Colossus in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show

Part 1

Part 2:

Ahahahah! That's excellent.

9. - Top - End - #1029

Quote Originally Posted by Kris Strife View Post
    Midnight is...
    Spoiler
    Show
    Leo clears his throat. "Please note this is all the official stuff, has to be done, or they'll send someone to investigate, and we don't want that. The entity once known as Nightmare Moon, you are hereby charged with two counts of disrupting the day/night cycle, one count of kidnapping a being responsible for the day/night cycle, one count of injuring a Manticore, one count of ruining a fabulous mustache, three counts of impersonation and multiple counts of Indecent Coverage. How do you plead?"
    Nightmare is...
    Spoiler
    Show
    Nightmare initially bristles slightly, as Leo begins, but as he continues, there's a change. Her eyes drift slightly, her expression changes. As soon as he's finished, she speaks quietly.

"Oh, you silly little foal...Of course I am guilty. I am, in fact, the worst parts of Luna, the parts that drove her to do what she did. I hurt the ponies that I loved, out of jealousy, out of selfishness. That's all I was.

And then I nearly tore Midnight's life apart because of my foalishness. I hurt the ponies that I loved again, because I didn't understand what love was. What it meant.

I am guilty. I am aware of that every day of my life, because Midnight is right. I am no longer the pony known as "Nightmare Moon", but I am guilty for her crimes, and I work to make restitution. I live in a body that I have no control, lest Midnight secede control. She is my keeper, my jailer. But, my punishment is also my salvation, because she is also my friend...she's my sister. Through her, I have a chance to make up for the damage that I've done, to do some actual good in this world."

Regret. Remorse. That's Nightmare's expression. One of the few Nightmares-not Luna, but Nightmare-to express such a thing...and truly mean it.

But there's something else, too, to here expression. Perhaps the most important thing of all.

Hope.

Quote Originally Posted by Thanqol View Post
    Mask: "So you're saying I should carry chocolate chips wherever I go?

How do I do that without eating them all?"
    Well, that's the trick, isn't it? I hear that, once upon a time, there was a pony whose special talent was Chocolate Resistance. But apart from him, nopony has never managed it.

*whistles a tune, accompanies himself by drumming his fingers on his comic-drawing sketch pad*
    *grins* I do seem to have a talent for inspiring artists, Inkwell tells me that all the time.

"Multiple counts of Indecent Coverage"

Yes.
    Well, that helmet! That armor! How more indecent can you get? I mean, really.

Ah, you keep in contact off-thread? Vaguely jealous.
    Via PM, mate, like you and I do occasionally.

Well I'd most likely have to take some liberties. All I know is I'm shooting for the same characters to end up in the same final spot so that I can introduce a humanized Midnight into my world. Because Midnight is best OC.
    Yay!

Of course, as you said before, it'll be a little easier for these two, since this Trixie is a changeling!

<Oitc! Trixie> Besides, The Great and Powerful Trixie does believe it's high time *A* Twilight understands what I went through to deliver that child!

Quote Originally Posted by Titanium Fox;11994390[color="seagreen"
    "Butbutbut... Shimmer's dating Midnight? Doesn't that make her perverted by association?"[/color]
    Hey! Shimmer is a kind, dignified mare who manages to reign in most of my excesses and really understands me, and only just happens to get into positions that could be considered perverted! And I certainly have nothing to do with any of that! Honest! >.>

10. - Top - End - #1030
    Pixie in the Playground

*throws books at you*

Bad! No biscuit for you!
    *whines and slinks out of the room*
    I come and go where the wind blows me.

11. - Top - End - #1031
    Troll in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

have some random Beautiful and Lovely Trixie
    Spoiler
    Show
    Ponies not only make ME want to be a better person than I was before they entered my life, they make me want to HELP OTHERS be better people too.

And that is a GOOD thing by any definition.

full size avatar

12. - Top - End - #1032

No rush.
    Thanks! I might actually make this out at the length of a one-shot fic. :3

Part 2:
    Spoiler
    Show

[/spoiler]
    Oh Rainbow Dash. That is absolutely amazing.

Yay!

Of course, as you said before, it'll be a little easier for these two, since this Trixie is a changeling!

<Oitc! Trixie> Besides, The Great and Powerful Trixie does believe it's high time *A* Twilight understands what I went through to deliver that child!
    *Laughs* Don't worry, I'll keep full transcripts of how this goes down and share them with the thread. ^^

Hey! Shimmer is a kind, dignified mare who manages to reign in most of my excesses and really understands me, and only just happens to get into positions that could be considered perverted! And I certainly have nothing to do with any of that! Honest! >.>
    "Dear, If I didn't know better, I'd swear you were related by blood to your aunt Applejack, for you both lie just as well as the other."

Quote Originally Posted by Mysterious Pony View Post
    *whines and slinks out of the room*
    ...Awwwwww! *Ponyhugs*
    Last edited by Titanium Fox; 2011-10-09 at 07:58 AM.

Spoiler
    Show
    For your dedication to ponies and giving us all entertainment with your quote tree o' doom, I hereby award you the Louisianan Purchase. How can I do that? Long story short, let's just say I picked a doozy of a poker game to go "all in".

13. - Top - End - #1033
    Pixie in the Playground

I just came to a conclusion; it is scientifically impossible to feel down in the dumps when there are ponies around.
    I come and go where the wind blows me.

14. - Top - End - #1034

Easy as Lying p6:

Gdocs for assembled.

Spoiler
    Show

Egghead's Guide To Running, Chapter 14: Running While Encumbered

Sometimes the intellectually advanced mare may find herself required to run while carrying an unconscious or weak pony. There are many possible causes for this particular scenario - perhaps she must drag an injured comrade out of the line of fire, perhaps she must carry an unconscious mare she harbours a secret interest in and must return her to her bed before she wakes and the situation becomes awkward, or perhaps she must transport a kidnapped hostage to her secret lair. We do not judge; we simply inform. The first thing to keep in mind is some measure of stability for the unconscious pony; a rope around her hooves to prevent her from falling from your back is an excellent place to start...

Twilight Sparkle's horn briefly glowed as she tied a rope around the dazed Rarity's hooves as she continued to run at full pelt away from Canterlot Castle. It was okay, though. The Princess may be brainwashed, she might have hit Rarity in the head, and there was an a chance she could wind up married to Prince Blueblood. But it was okay. The books had known this might happen. They'd prepared her for the first step - which was running away - and they'd surely help her with everything after that.

What does one do when dating a Prince? Is there a book on the topic? A guide to dating, perhaps? Is there a book to get out of it?

Fluttershy was running behind her, but Fluttershy wasn't one to raise her voice to the level that'd be heard over the sound of their galloping hooves. And Twilight wasn't really capable of communicating in anything more than slightly unhinged laughter right now. So they ran in silence towards Ponyville. Where the books were. There was safety in books.

"What's the ruckus?" Applejack said, as she and Pinkie emerged into a room with nervously dispersing courtier ponies. Princess Pinkestia was waving blankly at a dustcloud faintly visible on the horizon. All the ponies other than Prince Blueblood were leaving the room nervously, constantly glancing behind them.

"Hey!" Applejack said, blocking the path of a suited unicorn, "'scuse me, but what's goin' on around here?"

"Oh, it was terrible. Manticores came and ate all the palace doctors!" said the colt. He drew a handkerchief from his coat pocket, placed it across his forehead, and with an elegant sigh, fainted.

"Really? All of them?" Pinkie Pie asked the unconscious pony, eyes wide. "Even the psychologists?"

"Especially the psychologists!" Cried another courtier, eyes wide with fear.

"Where's Twi'? And Rainbow?" Applejack asked edgily, looking around. "And where'd these manticores come from?"

Something about this had her mane on end. It didn't feel right. The ponies weren't answering her either, and were just hurrying out of the room.

"Hey! Somepony answer me!" Applejack shouted, but the ponies were spooked, and her yell made them start to run. A few seconds later, they were alone in the great hall with Blueblood and Pinkestia, who was still waving mechanically at the horizon.

"Gee, where do you think they have to be?" Pinkie Pie said.

Applejack took a deep breath. "Twi' and the others wouldn't have left without tellin' us, unless it was real important. Let's take one quick look around the castle, see if we can find 'em, and meet back here."

"Okie dokie lokie!" Pinkie Pie said, bouncing off without pause. Applejack took a deep breath and slowly started off in the opposite direction.

Pinkestia was still waving at the distant Ponyville.

"Spike! Spike!" Twilight shouted, bursting in through the door of the library. She didn't wait for a reply, running upstairs to the bed, levitating Rarity off her back and onto it, and then running downstairs again. She caught a glimpse of Fluttershy wrapping some ice in cloth and thanked the pegasus under her breath. She needed to work.

"Spike!" Twilight shouted, running down to the floor of the library and starting to grab books off the shelves. "I need books to escape arranged royal marriages - check the fiction section! And I need to find out as much as I can about deprogramming princesses. Spike!"

No Spike.

"Fine! I'll just... I'll just fix this myself!" Twilight said, pulling as many books off the shelf as she could. Tomes on espionage and riddles were thrown aside, the workspace was cleared, and almost as instantly built up again with piles and piles of books. Hypnotism, mind control, head injuries, parallel universe evil opposites...

There was a knock on the door.

Twilight slammed the book shut so hard it felt like she'd bruised it.

"Who's there?"

"Rainbow."

She relaxed a tiny bit. "Come in." Instantly, she went back to her reading, not looking behind her.

"Rainbow!" She heard Fluttershy's wings beating behind her. "Did you get the cure?"

"The... cure? What, precisely, do you mean?"

Something about that voice made Twilight stumble over the sentence she was reading. Evil opposites can usually be told by their tendency towards facial hair. If you already possess facial hair, consider the possibility that you may be the evil opposite and surrendering to that clean-shaven rogue may be in the best interests of ponykind...

"For the poison joke? The poison joke that blinded that poor guard?" Fluttershy, sounding hesitant. Even fearful.

"Poison Joke?! You didn't tell me about any poison -" Twilight shouted, turning around -

And stopping dead.

Rainbow Dash was...

Her mane was thick, combed, and braided. Her tail was thick and long and expertly cared for. Her hooves were clean and shining, and her horseshoes were silver. She was wearing a long red and green ball gown. And lipstick. She was smiling.

"Fluttershy, darling," said Rainbow Dash, with a smile, "I think the one who's blind here is you - that mane! So understated, so simplistic - really, you must allow me to give it a proper makeover. Two hours, a haircut, some eyeliner, a nice saddle and you won't recognise yourself. You'll be gorgeous!"

"R-Rainbow?" Twilight asked in horror. "You're wearing a dress."

"Of course I am, darling," said Rainbow Dash with a smile. "I always dress in style."

Last edited by Thanqol; 2011-10-09 at 08:20 AM.

15. - Top - End - #1035

...When did it become 9 AM? Goodnight everypony.

Spoiler
    Show

16. - Top - End - #1036
    Ogre in the Playground

AM? Don't you mean Good Morning then?
    you know that I'm more than just a doll do you?-Geno
    Add me on Steam!
    Spoiler
    Show
    by Thecrimsonmage and By Shades of Gray by Akrim.elf

and current made by me.

17. - Top - End - #1037
    Orc in the Playground

Well, if Luna, Trixie, and Twilight still have that one spell handy...

Quote Originally Posted by Mysterious Pony View Post
    I just came to a conclusion; it is scientifically impossible to feel down in the dumps when there are ponies around.
    One of the great truths of our modern age. *offers ponyhugs*

Easy as Lying p6:
    This needs an Equestria Daily page so I can vote it 5 stars.

Goodnight! Er, morning.. Um.. Sleep well!

Edit: Ponies

Spoiler
    Show

My character from Pony Vs Pony. This was the darkest shade of blue the game lets me pick, as far as I can tell. I edited out the pony id because I wasn't sure if that is something I should have on the internet. If it lets us duel or something, I can pm it to folks. If it's safe to distribute to the public, let me know and I'll post it. I've leveled up since this was taken, I'm level 5 now. Ino right? Hardcore. *flexes muscles*

The real pony, colored by Topaz:

Last edited by Beeskee; 2011-10-09 at 08:58 AM.

18. - Top - End - #1038

This needs an Equestria Daily page so I can vote it 5 stars.
    Thank you

(Not submitting until it's finished. I've learned that I freak out when I submit incomplete stories to EqD.)

19. - Top - End - #1039
    Orc in the Playground

Thank you

(Not submitting until it's finished. I've learned that I freak out when I submit incomplete stories to EqD.)
    Okay, fair enough, I can understand that feeling. I'll vote when it's finished.

20. - Top - End - #1040
    Barbarian in the Playground

There's always been a scene quietly sitting in my head once I learned that Twilight actually had parents, set around Reaching Midnight about Twilight sitting down with her parents and having the most awkward conversation ever, and then introducing the quite visibly pregnant Trixie for the most awkward introduction ever.

If I ever find a place to put it, that scene will be written. As is, Trixie has met Twilight's parents, and they are happy grandparents to Midnight, even if they are positively embarrassed whenever the subject comes up around their friends.

"Aww, it's so sweet that your daughter and her lover adopted that foal. I have to say, she looks so much like them, too!"
    "Uhm, yes. Adopted..."

I became a brony the week Sonic Rainboom came out. In retrospect, that was pretty darn good timing.
    That would be hilarious. That really is an awkward conversation, wasn't it in Shades that Twilight was hiding under the table when Midnight started interrogating them about it? If you can find a place to work that scene in I think it'd be a lot of fun.

I joined the herd sometime in early March, having become aware of the show at the end of February. I think A Dog and Pony Show was the first episode I had to wait to watch rather than watch during my hours long conversion binge.

21. - Top - End - #1041
    Titan in the Playground

POISON JOKE.
    It's a plant that plays a joke.
    Maybe it's not like poison oak at all? Poison oak and the like secrete an oil which causes symptoms. Applebloom went through pretty much the same space of land as the other ponies (who came up right behind her yet mysteriously were in the flowerbed...) and didn't get hit by anything. She also didn't catch anything from her sister, who did everything but make sweet sweet love to the patch of 'joke before picking her up. Seriously, they were rolling in it for a spell there...

Poison joke is a semisentient plant whose flowers function as sensory organs. It is similar to fungi, In that a core colony (the actual poison joke plant) can sprout flowers anywhere within it's reach. It's curse effects are specifically tailored to the pony because it has been observing them. My initial thought was that "poison joke" was a manifestation of Everfree itself, Which gives the plant a much better idea of how to slap some hubris on each pony (since they adventured through it to thwart Nightmare Moon and all). These two ideas aren't mutually exclusive, but having it be a plant creature allows for finding it outside of the forest itself.

Poison joke is in itself an encounter, tailored to it's targets. It iscapablemof picking targets, as well- Applebloom and Zecora had a chance for at least secondary contact but got away Scott-free. It doesn't make sense as just a terrain effect, however.
    I like this theory. It doesn't get Applebloom or Zecora because they don't need to be taught a lesson (at this point.)

Dungeons (in the place you were banished to) & Dragons; would classes be necessary? If they are, I suppose level 1 is "pony" and you have to multiclass into a standard? I suppose it would require me to have a better idea of what I'd be going for though, wouldn't it? Hm.
    Make a pony race. Simple.
    Earth Pony could be human analogue. Pegasus based on Raptoran. And Unicorn... I dunno, elf?

I may or may not have been infected by Lix, because somehow that sounds Kinky.
    Exactly according to Keikaku.*

You know, Big Mac / Caramel is my favorite ship involving either of them. So I have 4 F/F OTPs, and a M/M OTP. Apparently I am incapable of straight ponies.
    I am part of the 'Caramel is a trans-pony' camp. It makes me smile inside.

I would say as an alternate ending to Season 2 Episode 2, Discord pulls the elements of Discord from the elements of Harmony as a last ditch effort to spread chaos around the world; throwing equestria into war as the elements of Discord slowly amass an army of chaos.
    My current plan is sorta vaguely similar to that. xD

Mask: "I am a big pony!"
    ...and this would stop you being adorable... why?

Quote Originally Posted by AlterForm View Post
    Twilight my love,
    My sultry equine,
    Why must I hold you
    only whilt I dream?
    Will I be forever enslaved by your spell?
    Why must I worship you and never tell?
    Twilight, you make my marehood tremble.
    My senses all go un-fix'd-y.
    Someday, I'll tell the world, my love...
    I, the Great and Powerful Trixie!!!!
    I'm under your spell!
    Twilight don't you see?
    They'll be nothing left of me, you make me, compleeeete!

Quote Originally Posted by Kris Strife View Post
    I vote you name one of Midnight's foals 'Dawn' and one of her grandfoals 'Day.'
    But but we don't want her grandfoal to be an abyssal!
    ...or do we...
    Let's see. Work out the sadness caused and angst generated, and balance it agains the Awesome viabilised...

One wonders if this is in the bunker I'm about to try and board.
    One also wonders what a bunker looks like, on rockets.
    I'm seeing this

Spoiler
    Show

With bigot mobile rockets at each corner, and a perfectly flat bottom with soil, roots and debris hanging from it.
    Me too. xD

Heavily considering it... read: working out mechanics & concept
    Hooray! Phwew, cause if you weren't, I was considering it, and I SHOULDN'T.

Oh, that's why! And here I just thought I'd been too dumb in the past to read the words >>;
    Y'are a silly pony![/AJ]

I see. Makes sense.
    Ok, for eldritch abomination week, I'll use my Avatar as my original character, instead of the more mellow IC version.
    Complete with mystic energies!
    xD

Sun & Moon she's infectious?!?!
    I can manifest Mind Seed as a Yes level psionicist.
    ...I wouldn't though.
    And I'm sorta contagious?

That's um... One creepy grin, Sea Lyra. What's got you so happy?
    The 'you' is Twilight.

Beeskee: Jade has a cutiemark of two racing flags, I believe. Now I'm just congratulating Braz for a good sneak attackPoke, and waiting to see what her funny saying is ;D
    (starts hiding her flank)

Not gonna lie. If Equestria exsited, I would totally do everything I could to live there, monarch or no.
    +1 to this.

Well, Pinkie is tied for fourth favorite pony with Fluttershy and Rarity for me. But in terms of attractiveness? You know what, I think I'm going to keep my mouth shut, I'm starting to feel a little creepy. Even thought nothing I'm saying is wrong per-se. Also, frankly? Same.
    Attractiveness?
    Well, based purely on appearance, Twilight, Rainbow, Rarity, Pinkie, Fluttershy, Applejack.
    Counting personality into the equation, Twilight, Rarity, Rainbow, Pinkie, Fluttershy/Applejack. (Dashes signifying a draw).

As you can see, I don't feel creepy about this. xD

It's Midnight and Lix. Both!

[QUOTE=EsperDerek;11994626]<Oitc! Trixie> Besides, The Great and Powerful Trixie does believe it's high time *A* Twilight understands what I went through to deliver that child!
    Well, the simplest way is (makes Trixie a boy)
    :3

*Keikaku means planned.
    Recent Homebrew: The Socialite | The Crystalline: Memory Altering Construct Race | Sanguine Hand, a ToB Discipline of blood and cruelty
    Homebrew Signature | NEW Homebrew Collection
    Thanks to all my avatar artists, especially to Paisley for my avatar of Vivian, cowardly cryophoenix.
    It's like the feng shui version of an orbital death laser.

22. - Top - End - #1042
    Troll in the Playground

(Reminder: Spoiler not for Trixie fans)
    Quote Originally Posted by otakuryoga View Post
    Fear the scorned Fanboys!!!
    Spoiler
    Show
    I was awake at one o'clock in the morning before it dawned on me that this was a Spongebob joke. What is it about this thread/show/fandom that makes it take me so long to get the jokes!?
    Last edited by OracleofWuffing; 2011-10-09 at 10:04 AM. Reason: Link to relevant
    "Okay, so I'm going to quick draw and dual wield these one-pound caltrops as improvised weapons..."
    ---
    "Oh, hey, look! Blue Eyes Black Lotus!" "Wait what, do you sacrifice a mana to the... Does it like, summon a... What would that card even do!?" "Oh, it's got a four-energy attack. Completely unviable in actual play, so don't worry about it."

23. - Top - End - #1043

Quote Originally Posted by Bayonet Priest View Post
    To keep this pony related, have a comic.
    Spoiler
    Show

Anybody get the reference?
    I'm actually surprised at how well this fits.

Quote Originally Posted by BlasTech View Post
    EDIT:
    Am assuming you're after japanese sounding ones?

How about;

- Kabucki
    - Akineighya's
    - Maresuya's

These are all plays on sushi places near where I work
    Quote Originally Posted by Kurgan View Post
    Don't a good number of restaurants have their names based off of a person's name or the name of the food? I mean, drive down the street, most any locally owned place will be _____'s.

Could go with: Lyra's
    With some script on the sign saying: Experience the food of Roam!

You know, something like that. Maybe not Lyra, since she is obviously not Roamin (except between Ponyville and Canterlot).
    Okineighwa's
    Yosheepnoiya
    Um
    That's it.
    Thanks for the help everypony. I'm one of those that are terrible with coming up with punny names. Now I'm gonna have to pick one...

I can't decide! I guess I'll just choose later.

Spoiler
    Show

Part 1

Part 2:

This must be made canon for if/when Discord returns!

Quote Originally Posted by Kindablue View Post
    Except for you, Dashie. You can pull it off.
    Aren't you forgetting somepony?
    "Why is it that we receive a penny for our thoughts, but have to put in our 2 cents?"

Previous Avatars:
    Spoiler
    Show

I got an award!
    Spoiler
    Show

Fluttershy in the Playground - third place

24. - Top - End - #1044

Quote Originally Posted by Vent Reynolt View Post
    This must be made canon for if/when Discord returns!
    I agree 100%.

25. - Top - End - #1045
    Titan in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show

Part 1

Part 2:

I... didn't get that.

*buries head in sand*
    Last edited by Nameless; 2011-10-09 at 11:06 AM.

26. - Top - End - #1046
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Nameless View Post
    I... didn't get that.
    It's from Star Trek.
    ... I came to appreciate that mountains make poor receptacles for dreams.

27. - Top - End - #1047
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Kindablue View Post
    Ah...
    Shame I don't watch Star Trek.

28. - Top - End - #1048
    Ogre in the Playground

Ah...
    Did you wonder why the last thread subtitle suddenly drifted into French for no reason?

29. - Top - End - #1049
    Ettin in the Playground

Ah...
    You are no longer worthy of being called a nerd.
    Credit for my various avatars goes to Dashwood,Cealocanth,Kwarkpudding,Randomizer,kpengu in,Alarra,Bisected8,zimmerwald1915, and Thanqol.

Once known as "Gamerkid".

30. - Top - End - #1050
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Vent Reynolt View Post
    Aren't you forgetting somepony?
    You know what? I'm sorry, you're right. I forgot Trixie, Luna, Blues Mayne, Pokey Piece, Soarin, DJ Pon3, Beauty Brass, Colgate, Cormana, Cormano, Eiffel, Giselle, Rani Day, Klein (who I think is technically a figment of Applejack's imagination), Lotus, Linky, Clover, Harold Saddlon, Nurse Tenderheart, Serena, G-Mane, Thunder Cracker, John Maneden, Bastion Yorsets, and Twilight's dad.

But that's it.