New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 42 of 50 FirstFirst ... 1732333435363738394041424344454647484950 LastLast
Results 1,231 to 1,260 of 1486
  1. - Top - End - #1231
    Firbolg in the Playground

Default Re: My Little Pony XXVI: Applebloom to Zecora!

Quote Originally Posted by SiuiS View Post

I TOLD YOU ABOUT THE PINKIES BRO
    I TRIED TO WARN YOU DAWG
    It keeps happening!
    Ask me about our low price vacation plans in the Elemental Plane of Puppies and Pie
    Spoiler
    Show

Evoker avatar by kpenguin. Evoker Pony by Dirtytabs. Grey Mouser, disciple of cupcakes by me. Any and all commiepuppies by BRC

2. - Top - End - #1232
    Troll in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

i think its time for a morning D'aaaww bomb

Spoiler
    Show

and finish with a touch of sad....WHY must i be tempted to do a fic on this? i already have 2 i am working on
    Spoiler
    Show
    Ponies not only make ME want to be a better person than I was before they entered my life, they make me want to HELP OTHERS be better people too.

And that is a GOOD thing by any definition.

full size avatar

3. - Top - End - #1233
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by otakuryoga View Post

Spoiler
    Show

and finish with a touch of sad....WHY must i be tempted to do a fic on this? i already have 2 i am working on
    Spoiler
    Show
    You know, I never really got the whole "pegasi are segregated from everyone else" thing that goes around in this fandom...

4. - Top - End - #1234
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Lix Lorn View Post
    ...can't let you do that, starton.
    Just what I need to see. Star Lix.

One wonders. I think that, should Sek be willing to remove certain cumbersome parts, he could use his hollowed frame, some rockets, and the wings to fly, or even connect cables, coils, some weaker but more conductive materials, and perform specialized magic- I think Second Hand could possible be an old school bard, able to fill any role (though not at once, and requiring some prep work). With Charger and Igneous, and heading to canterlot, you may be able to find somepony who CSM set up the basics of a magic conduction system, switch them out like that white liger from the show I can't remember the name of (...zoids?).
    Sek's an Alchemical Exalted!

Quote Originally Posted by Kris Strife View Post
    I think I promised someone in here to name a Disgaea character after them... Who was that?
    I don't care who you promised. If you don't name a sorcerer after me I will be adorably pouty.
    The name is "tonberrian", even when it begins a sentence. It's magic, I ain't gotta 'splain why.

5. - Top - End - #1235
    Bugbear in the Playground

SiuiS, once again, I will climb through your mountain of a post once I'm on a computer with more than one monitor. @_@

---

Quote Originally Posted by Nameless View Post
    Ah...
    Shame I don't watch Star Trek.
    I concur with everypony else. Nerd Badge and Weapon, please.

Quote Originally Posted by Kurgan View Post
    Based on the sheet, I'm guessing D&D 3.5, correct? Been awhile since I've done anything with the system, but some thoughts anyways:

Not familiar with the Lasher, what book is that from?

Thoughts on Applejack:
    -I honestly think her con would be higher than her dex, considering how she does her job is smashing her body into tree trunks. Also the fact that she can run a Equestria's version of a marathon, twice, in one day, without looking worse for wear.
    -One of her big attacks is bucking apples, might want to look into Master Thrower or (if your dm will allow it, or though some shenanigans) Hulking Hurler from Complete Warrior.
    -She either has cross-class ranks in Handle Animal, an animal companion, or hoofed over a good number of bits to get a well trained dog like Winona.

By the way, what is the power level of the group?
    Lasher is from the 3.0 splash book "Sword and Fist". I decided to go with this route based on her extreme proficiency with the Lasso. Unfortunately I couldn't come up with a good way in 11 levels to incorporate this with her other abilities that you mentioned here. If somepony can incorporate Apple Bucking with her "whip" proficiency it would work. I'm planning on taking the "obtain familiar" feat soon in order to give her Winona (probably at 15 after I take... Oh buck, what feat was I gonna take?) I was trying my hardest to avoid unarmed, as that seems as though it would be everypony's class except Twilight and Rarity, who have obvious access to magic.

The power level of the group is ???. We have a couple of extreme optimizers, and a couple of normal power levels in the group. However it is heavy Role Play; we've gotten into at maximum one combat per session, on some days none, so power level isn't really that important. Role Playing ability is.

On a related note, a friend and I have concluded that Pinkie would likely be the um... kinkiest, for lack of a better word, of the mane cast.[/COLOR]

You know, your friend isn't the only one who's come to that particular conclusion.
    ===> Lixie: ABSCOND
    By the way I totally want someone to do it. xD
    IF NOPONY ELSE WILL DO IT, I'LL STEP UP TO THE CHALLE-

(In her most adorable voice)
    HI! Who wants a cuddle?[/saccharineadorable]

.////.
    -AWWWWWW! *The little filly glomps the goddess and begins to cuddle.*

Quote Originally Posted by EsperDerek View Post
    *Midnight blushes furiously. "I can't help it, I got my poker face from Momma Twilight! I know I'm terrible at hiding things, oh Celestia..."
    "Dear, do try to work to your own natural strengths. I know that you have inherited all three of your mother's propensities for magic, why must you resort instead to lying?" She does her best to suppress a giggle, and fails miserably. "You're a creative mare. Think about it."

Quote Originally Posted by Eakin View Post
    I return! No idea whether I passed that certification exam or not! How was the test, you ask? Well, let's just say that you mentally replace "Rainbow Factory" to "CISSP" and that'll give you a good idea of how a 6 hour test with no breaks feels.
    You took the CISSP test? How did it go man? Details man, details! I'm planning on doing this a few months down the road!

Quote Originally Posted by Eakin View Post
    We need a code name for this source. Deep Pony?
    That would only work if the source was from this thread; if only for the connotations involved in that name.

Quote Originally Posted by Noctemwolf View Post
    PONY THREAD
    It just keeps going and going and going...
    Spoiler
    Show
    This is beyond energizer bunny levels. We've reached the point of perpetual motion machine. The thread will still be going long after we're all dead and gone. The thread will still be going long after the end of days, and even after the end of the universe.

Hm. She only has the one phrase?
    Maybe you should poke her, Braz. See I'd the other flank generates something else.
    To notepad, for quotewall/Midnight statting!
    Jade sits in rapt attention, amusedly munching on popcorn that Miss Pinkie Pie has so graciously provided her. "Oooh, this is gonna be good!"

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowy View Post
    You poines! All of you! You're all so intelligent and Argh!

I'm going to figure out a way to steal your barins and use them for evil.

In the morning however.
    You won't steal my brain! I'll steal my brain first! *Hits self with a hammer. Repeatedly.*

Quote Originally Posted by Bhu View Post
    Pardon my interruption, but Im thinking you all may be interested in this if you havent seen it yet: http://geeks.thedailywh.at/2011/10/0...me-of-the-day/
    That's floated around the thread a bit in the past. Really cool that it got attention from the daily What though.

Just looked, Hey Arnold! ran from 1996-2004. So yes, it has been that long.
    Celestia I feel old now.

Quote Originally Posted by the_druid_droid View Post
    WHY IS PINKIE PIE SO ADORABLE?

Also, WHY DID I NOT REALIZE THIS BEFORE?
    PINKIE PIE IS THE MOST ADORABLE PONY EVER.
    Except for all of the other ponies including herself.

...SO MUCH CUTE. @_@

Quote Originally Posted by BlasTech View Post

Hope that isn't too big.
    How can anypony resist that?

Quote Originally Posted by Thanqol View Post
    Thought: Ponies in Mage: The Awakening

This thought exercise worked out great. I thought of assigning ponies nMage Paths, using their personal philosophies, approaches to problems, and cutie mark stories as inputs. Here's what I got:

Twilight Sparkle: Obrimos, Path of the Mighty

Twilight is a very clear Obrimos. Her approach to problems is all about More. She approaches a problem, like Magic or Friendship, by deciding that she's going to be good at it and then dedicating herself to research and practise. She picks things which are outside her, and adds them to herself. And when it's time for action, her approach is an application of pure, overpowered strength. She just succeeds at things, finding a challenge and overcoming it. When she decides to enter the Running of the Leaves she takes the time to line up her approach, determines to succeed, and then does.

Rainbow Dash: Thyrsius, Path of Ecstasy

I was stuck for a long time between Obrimos and Thyrsius for Rainbow. On one hoof, "I love winning" is an Obrimos approach to magic. It's defining success in terms of success; overcoming problems by being better at it. But, thinking about it, Rainbow isn't at her best when she's winning. Winning isn't the definition of her character; when she applies herself to problems, in fact, she rarely wins.

The reason Rainbow is a Thyrsius is because for her success is in going fast. Forgetting who she is, forgetting why she's doing things, obliterating her mind and just acting. When Rainbow is at her best it's when she's not thinking. When she sees Rarity falling in Sonic Rainboom, she stops thinking, stops panicking, and just acts. For Rainbow, enlightenment is in the act of doing - success and failure are unimportant.

Pinkie Pie: Arcanthus, Path of the Fool

Pinkie Pie is a fantastic Arcanthus. Think about her cutie mark scene. She got the idea for 'parties', she executed the idea without knowing anything about it, and basically trusted that it was going to work. And it did. The Arcanthus path is about trust. It's about faith. It's about going through life without thinking, being sure that everything is just going to work out, being sure that you're doing the right thing.

Pinkie's greatest weaknesses come when this trust is challenged. When the world lets her down she's devastated; she's so used to being lucky that she's unprepared for a reversal. And yet, even then, the answer for her isn't to trust less - it's to trust more. Party of One, where she renounces the faith that lead her this far, she should have been trusting even in the face of adversity. And, moreover, if you want to see what it's like to fight an Arcanthus watch Feeling Pinkie Keen. "Pinkie Sense" would work fantastically as an Arcanthus magical tool.

Rarity: Moros, Path of Doom

The Moros path is about transitions, about change, and Rarity fits its associations brilliantly. For her, the material matters. She understands that her tail is worth something, and that there's power in giving it away. She understands that there's value in the dresses she makes, and understands how they can change from a collection of fabric and cloth into a masterpiece. She understands that matter has value, and solves problems by using things.

Applejack: Mastigos, Path of Scourging

Applejack is an inspired Mastigos. First, consider - she knows exactly who she is and what her ideal self is, and knows that everything in addition to that is unnecessary. She knows she's a farm pony and by focusing on being a farm pony and nothing else she's capable of being the best farm pony out there. Things like fancy mathematics she can just discard and be stronger for having discarded them. So determined is she to live up to her own ideal she rejects all offers of help in Applebuck Season (which is an act of hubris, which is why it goes so wrong).

So Applejack is so focused on living up to that one, indivisible point in her heart that she leaves other things behind. She has no unnecessary knowledge, no useless skills.

Also consider that when she Awakened, Applejack went to Hell. She went to Manehattan and saw a high class lifestyle that was everything she hated, and she rejected herself and almost defined herself by living a life that would never take her back there. That's one of the core Mastigos stories.

Fluttershy: Thyrsius, Path of Ecstasy

Fluttershy was a tricky one, but ultimately, Thyrsius fits her best. Fluttershy is at her best when she's one with nature. It’s a very different take on the same path from Rainbow, where Rainbow is about the strength of the physical and the joy of action, Fluttershy is about the peace of the entire world. Understanding the cycle of nature and being a part of it. Letting her own will take a secondary role to the cycle and facts of nature.

When Fluttershy’s at her most powerful, it’s when she’s forgetting herself, and her inhibitions. When she’s living the moment and doing what comes naturally; asserting control with the Stare, or showing unthinking kindness to the Manticore.
    Ooh! I love Mage! Mind if I use this in the future?

I think the bigger question is, what did you do to him to make him hate you so?
    Well... There was this one time that I may or may not have had my car on the flowerbed in front of the complex...

In my defense a kid ran out in the road! I was just trying to not hit anypony!

Quote Originally Posted by Gadora View Post
    Try a different episode? He may be taking the title to mean that he needs to get rid of the green.
    I sear the cosmos don't want me to watch ponies today. Here are all of the things I've tried.

Youtube on laptop: Gardener.
    Youtube on PS3: 240p max.
    Portable Hard Drive on XBox: Doesn't recognize hard drive.
    Flash Drive on PS3: Unsupported media type.

...I'm going to PsychoShutin's place, and PONIES. WILL. BE. HAD. Bye for now!

Quote Originally Posted by tonberrian View Post
    ...Okay, I want to see this drawn. Why do I want to see this drawn? WHY AM I DOOMING THE STARFOX TEAM TO ALL OF THE SHIPPING?! Why, what is wrong with me?
    Last edited by Titanium Fox; 2011-10-10 at 10:00 AM.
    Avatar by DirtyTabs in the Adopt-A-Pony thread.

Thank you all so much for voting!
    Co-Winner of Rainbow Dash in the Playground!
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by TheAmishPirate View Post
    For your dedication to ponies and giving us all entertainment with your quote tree o' doom, I hereby award you the Louisianan Purchase. How can I do that? Long story short, let's just say I picked a doozy of a poker game to go "all in".

6. - Top - End - #1236
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Titanium Fox View Post
    "Dear, do try to work to your own natural strengths. I know that you have inherited all three of your mother's propensities for magic, why must you resort instead to lying?" She does her best to suppress a giggle, and fails miserably. "You're a creative mare. Think about it."
    Yeah, research a spell that makes everyone think you're telling the truth!
    Credit for my various avatars goes to Dashwood,Cealocanth,Kwarkpudding,Randomizer,kpengu in,Alarra,Bisected8,zimmerwald1915, and Thanqol.

Once known as "Gamerkid".

7. - Top - End - #1237

So, here in 'Merica we're having this thing called "Columbus Day". Depending on where you are decides the significance of the aforementioned Day of Columbus. Mostly it means that you get the day off from school, or work, if you are a federal employee.

See the trick is, I work in D.C., but I am probably one of maybe eight people it seems who is not federal. This has translated to pretty much ALL of my public transport being woefully unavailable and my commute being almost three times longer than usual.

Thank goodness though, for pony music on my phone this morning :)

@Amish Hey man, I hope your presentation is going/went well! ComeHugMeBro.jpg!

8. - Top - End - #1238
    Troll in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

i am a federal worker...but i am "vital" ...so i do not get holidays off

@beeskee i think it was you that recommended on a cross and arrow so enjoy this
    Spoiler
    Show
    NSFW
    Spoiler
    Show

and i am working my way through Eyes of Another Pony
    Last edited by otakuryoga; 2011-10-10 at 01:42 PM.
    Ponies not only make ME want to be a better person than I was before they entered my life, they make me want to HELP OTHERS be better people too.

full size avatar

9. - Top - End - #1239
    Titan in the Playground

But I I were sucked into Equestria and made a pony?
    I'd ask Pinkie for help with dimension hopping, give my cats to a friend, pay off my lease, and grab Braz. Wee~
    Dawwwww!

Ooh. On second thought, I'm not so sure how comfy I'd be as a boy pony. Hm. That's a random consideration, innit?
    I could fix that!

So just pony race plus standard class allotment? Maybe. That leaves open the huge disparities in ability of the existing classes though... Hm.
    Well just use fixes and such. Instead of a fighter or a paladin, AJ can be a warblade or a crusader. Instead of a wizard, make Twilight a Sorcerer. (An Int based one.)
    Rarity... Swordsage? Get an ACF to make it a little rogueish.
    Pinkie Pie is pinkie pie. I don't even know. Differently fluffed sorcerer? I would say Bard, but they're a little weak.
    Fluttershy Druid.
    Rainbow Dash is a Warblade, really.

This confused me until I realized you meant boy caramel becoming girl caramel, not boy caramel has always been a transpony.

Although maybe we have it backwards? Maybe the episodes are out of order, and Caramel is ftm?
    Maybe, but I prefer to think of it as the other way. It makes me smile.

Hm. I dunno, why shouldn't you? I'm guessing school and such. If it's not that serious though, I might just shoot you a megascroll of ideas and have you take over :3
    I suck at DMing. I can just about cope with a dungeoncrawl, but I have doubts about my ability to keep a proper game going.

Level: yes.

"I uh... I don't think I can counterspell this one."
    XD
    That's the point.

Ahhh. Makes a lot more sense now.
    She became a sea pony and popped up in Twilight's tub through the drain.

That's a funny story that writes itself.
    I try to be my best.

But I remember a time back when
    R34 gave even you a shiver.
    Now the days have passed
    And you are but one
    of many who supports dear Shimmer.

But aye, it's nce to have such an open pony around for a rounder perspective
    ^_^

Hey Braz! Learn exalted, roll up a Lunar!
    Dibs on Solar!

Mask: "Big ponies get taken seriously. And get to go to bed whenever they want. Adorable is for little ponies."
    Adorable is for ponies. :3

[QUOTE=SiuiS;11998192]Fine, fine. We'll wait till you wake up tomorrow >:Dp/quote]
    no faaaaaaaaaair

SiuiS, I'm waiting for Esper to respond on if she'd like me to send you the PMs as well... And to respond to my last PM. I think you're the only other one with both an interest and knowledge of Exalted, except maybe Lix.
    MAYBE Lix? Definitely Lix.
    (Also my kismesis is an expert.)

Quote Originally Posted by Vent Reynolt View Post
    Hmm... make Lix blush? So... Pinkie would give friendly compliments? Oh my! So that's why she's called "Kinky Pie"
    (GLAAAARE)

Mwahaha.

IF NOPONY ELSE WILL DO IT, I'LL STEP UP TO THE CHALLE-

-AWWWWWW! *The little filly glomps the goddess and begins to cuddle.*
    I but oh fine. (cuddles)

...Okay, I want to see this drawn. Why do I want to see this drawn? WHY AM I DOOMING THE STARFOX TEAM TO ALL OF THE SHIPPING?! Why, what is wrong with me?
    All of the shipping. All of it.
    Recent Homebrew: The Socialite | The Crystalline: Memory Altering Construct Race | Sanguine Hand, a ToB Discipline of blood and cruelty
    Homebrew Signature | NEW Homebrew Collection
    Thanks to all my avatar artists, especially to Paisley for my avatar of Vivian, cowardly cryophoenix.
    It's like the feng shui version of an orbital death laser.

10. - Top - End - #1240

*Midnight pauses for a moment, looking thoughtful. Her hoof rubs against her chin.

"You know, you're absolutely right...Instead of relying on what I'm bad at, I should work with my strengths."

Is that...a rather impish gleam in her eye?

"And in this situation, I know exactly the thing to get this conversation away from Shimmer and I."

Midnight's horn glows, and her body flashes, as she suddenly changes...

into...

Oh my. Standing where the formerly female Midnight was is a rather strikingly handsome unicorn stallion, with a slightly deeper purple coat, and solid blue hair. "Prince" Midnight grins roguishly, and reaches out, caressing Rarity's cheek.

"Now, what was that you were saying?"
    Last edited by EsperDerek; 2011-10-10 at 10:51 AM.

11. - Top - End - #1241
    Firbolg in the Playground

Yes! Best dressed gummy in the tumblr collaboration

linked for file size / huge
    Ask me about our low price vacation plans in the Elemental Plane of Puppies and Pie
    Spoiler
    Show

Evoker avatar by kpenguin. Evoker Pony by Dirtytabs. Grey Mouser, disciple of cupcakes by me. Any and all commiepuppies by BRC

12. - Top - End - #1242
    Titan in the Playground

Faith stares at the Midnight from a hiding place in a bush. Her face goes bright red.

Recent Homebrew: The Socialite | The Crystalline: Memory Altering Construct Race | Sanguine Hand, a ToB Discipline of blood and cruelty
    Thanks to all my avatar artists, especially to Paisley for my avatar of Vivian, cowardly cryophoenix.

13. - Top - End - #1243
    Titan in the Playground

Thanks for all the hugs and encouragements everypony. Fortunately, I didn't have to present on < 3 hours of sleep, so that's one thing that's gone right. Through the worst of it, now just have to muster the strength to slog through the remainder of the term.

Anyway, back to your regularly scheduled pony:

Spoiler
    Show

I'm developing a game. Let's see what happens! Complex.

14. - Top - End - #1244
    Titan in the Playground

i am a federal worker...but i am "vital" ...so i do not get holidays off

@beeskee i think it was you that recommended on a cross and arrow so enjoy this
    Spoiler
    Show

and i am working my way through Eyes of Another Pony
    Wow. I would've never thought that Fluttershy's parents were twins.

15. - Top - End - #1245

The pictures are adorable. Fluttershy's story in Cutie Mark Chronicles would seem to indicate that she was born and raised in Cloudsdale and had never seen the ground close up until her fall, and yet being half earth pony makes so much sense.

Then again, although Lauren Faust has commented that mixed type couples would be able to have children I don't think we've seen any in the actual show (except for Lyra and Bon Bon, anyway).

[FFRP]SAVING BERRY ANN
    Spoiler
    Show

*~*~*
    MEANWHILE,
    ~*~*~
    BACK AT THE SHIP
    *~*~*

Starry stares up at the open door, much like a dog awaiting a treat. She sighs.

After a few comically short jumps, she paces. The impression is one of an old man pacing, studiously examining his rug and puffing from his pipe before the fireplace. In a small pony, the image comes across as comical more than serious.

Wait, I think... I've got it!

Ceasing her pacing, Starry deftly pulls a coil of rope from her saddlepack, and tosses it to the ground. She glances at the wound pile, and it shifting snakes apart, separating into four individual lengths.

With effort only visible to psychiatrists and expert poker players, launches each rope one by one, so they stand stiff as poles leaning into the doorway.

With more practiced ease, Starry begins to bob her head back and forth like a snake charmer. The ropes coil and glide, slide and slither, forming a net-ladder out of a loose, undulating braid. Starry chuckles, and steps into the loops. She begins to rise along the rope escalator—

—Until she gets to the top, where the ropes react to an outside force, and begin to take on a more sinister life! Coiling around the poor unicorn like Hellen constrictors, squeezing and jostling. Starry yelps and struggles, and ceases concentration on the ropes. Exploding into a tangled buckyball of entwined hemp, they collapse upon themselves, somehow still anchored to the ship.

Starry notions looks "up" at the ground, and a her slowly falling hat.
    What the buck just happened?

Tensing herself, Starry looks at the ropes, now inert. Her hooves - all four, and her poor tail! - are caught in the jumble of ropes, held in place by six cow hitches and a square knot.
    And then, one by one, the hitches begin to slip.

W... W... Woooooah! *THUD* Ow. Well, at least I've got my hat back. Hm.

Settling her hat back over her horn, Starry gazes once more up at the door, her face creased in worry at the happenings, then In shock as the bunker slurps up the rope like so much spaghetti.

I have GOT to get in there, fond out what's going on...

Starry Notions surveys the horizon blankly, her mind working in the background. She focuses on some clouds, the nearby tree, on Topaz's platform, and then--

AHA! I've got it! Think you can thwart me, do you! Well you're inanimate! I have superior powers of self locomotion, and I will not be undone by something as paltry as gravity or common sense! Have at thee, bunker!

Starry's face is manic. With a grin so wide that it would hurt even Faithful Song's face, she turns her attention to the tree- and Beeskee's balloons.

Ehheh. Hehe. Haahahahaha. HAHAHAHAHAH!

Starry's giggle soon escalates to manic laughter, as silver chef's knives, sized for giants, manifest about her. This was something where he precision would pay off!

Chops, lops, slashes, slides and scrapes ensue. Within moments, the tree is a tree no more. Now a canoe, it floats gently under the lift of dozens - hundreds? - of balloons, and the gentle touch of Starry's magic.

MWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA~!

Starry leaps nimbly into the air canoe, pulling a pair of goggles on out from beneath her hat. Ride of the Valkyries begins to play softly, while she continues cackling like a madmare, drifting millimeter by millimeter closer to the door.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowy View Post
    Y'know, being trapped in this room with a bunch of charted accountants is really boring. Is it better then the alternative though? True, true, but still, I'm going to have to eat some of them soon.

A few minutes later:
    It's been like five minutes! How could you possibly have been hungry enough to cannibalize all of them? I'm so bored I might ev-
    No! No thinking of it. Do something quick! What about your control panel? That's an improvised system made of paperclips and the skulls of several accountatns who work for super-villains! Good enough! *hits random buttons*

Automatic defense system online. Exterior camera systems online.

It's times like these I'm glad I never thought to put anything stronger then jello in those automatic cannons. Forget about that! Exterior speaker systems online. Look out for incoming fire! ..........Which was totally not caused by me!

Spoiler
    Show
    Topaz watches as Starry ginsu's the tree into a makeshift airship. Her horn flickers briefly, but she catches herself before losing the platform. Well. That was impressive. I guess we should just... She pauses as cannon barrels deploy from the ship and a hasty warning is sounded from the speakers. Wait, what?

~BOOM~

Before Topaz can react, the closest cannon fires, and something *splats* against her dome.

Is that... Jello? With... little marshmallows?
    Blue Star Topaz is my name
    Equestria's my station
    The Elements define my creed
    The Herd's my destination

16. - Top - End - #1246
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Tectonic Robot View Post

BUGGER. I hope this doesn't offend British people!

I stand corrected.
    See? This is what I mean!

I used to be kind of in the 'Pinkie's ok, but I guess she's kind of irritating though' but slowly I started noticing that when she's happy, she's SO HAPPY that it radiates off her and makes her adorable!

I TOLD YOU ABOUT THE PINKIES BRO
    I TRIED TO WARN YOU DAWG
    It keeps happening!

Thought: Ponies in Mage: The Awakening
    *snip*
    You are really making me want to play Mage...but alas, I have so little time.

Spoiler
    Show
    "Purpose. That is a good way to look at it. It has always seemed the same machine, and it has always had the same purpose, so it is the same." Charger sounded content with that.

"We may have crossed each other's paths before but not been introduced," Charger said to Igneous. "And I believe if anypony has the talent to talk to machines, it is Lady Tinker, whom Second Hand referred to earlier. I believe I have met her in passing, and purchased some parts from her shop."
    Quoted for eventual RP response when I have time.

Sek's an Alchemical Exalted!
    Yep! Ever since I heard about Alchemicals, I figured that my avatar and OC would be pretty much be those if they were Exalted.

Thanks for all the hugs and encouragements everypony. Fortunately, I didn't have to present on < 3 hours of sleep, so that's one thing that's gone right. Through the worst of it, now just have to muster the strength to slog through the remainder of the term.

Anyway, back to your regularly scheduled pony:

Spoiler
    Show

Glad to hear you're feeling better man!
    This Machine Surrounds Hate And Forces It To Surrender

Quote Originally Posted by Anarion View Post
    DD, your unicorn is stronger, prettier, and higher-ranking than mine, and her secret lab has a better name than mine. THERE SHALL BE NO QUARTER.
    Ponythread Learns to Draw!

Spoiler
    Show
    Bleeeeh! Alfalfa Monster!

17. - Top - End - #1247

Faith stares at the Midnight from a hiding place in a bush. Her face goes bright red.

*Midnight seems to know Faith is hiding in a bush, because he glances in that direction, and winks playfully.

Hey, when you have as many stalkers trying to hide in bushes as (s)he does, you get good at picking them out!

18. - Top - End - #1248
    Titan in the Playground

And the MidnightFaith shippers become very happy as Faith goes BRIGHT red.

(Becomes very happy.)

19. - Top - End - #1249
    Ogre in the Playground

Guys! Mort Takes A Holiday updated!

I am so freakin' happy right now, you don't even KNOW!

20. - Top - End - #1250
    Troll in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Nameless View Post
    Wow. I would've never thought that Fluttershy's parents were twins.
    actually...that is Fluttershy and her genderswapped self from the story "On a Cross and Arrow"

Quote Originally Posted by Topaz View Post
    The pictures are adorable. Fluttershy's story in Cutie Mark Chronicles would seem to indicate that she was born and raised in Cloudsdale and had never seen the ground close up until her fall, and yet being half earth pony makes so much sense.

Then again, although Lauren Faust has commented that mixed type couples would be able to have children I don't think we've seen any in the actual show (except for Lyra and Bon Bon, anyway).

[/SPOILER]
    and of course Lyra/Bonbon are only a couple in 99.99% of fanon...still not "official"

i want to say that Fluttershy has forgotten(willingly? unwillingly?) her previous time on the ground..including dad....and THATS where the story is

man...i KNOW my brain is gonna pick at this til it comes up with something to explain it

Quote Originally Posted by Tectonic Robot View Post
    You know, I never really got the whole "pegasi are segregated from everyone else" thing that goes around in this fandom...
    mmm, i think its more self segregation....most pegasus love to fly(they ARE pegasus) so stay in Cloudsdale/other cloud communities where it would be difficult to say the least for a earth pony/unicorn
    ...though that raises the question of why Dash is the only pegasus in Ponyville with a cloud house.......

and as far as the fandom seperating them....huh? Rainbow dash is the most shipped pony there is
    Last edited by otakuryoga; 2011-10-10 at 01:39 PM.

full size avatar

21. - Top - End - #1251

actually...that is Fluttershy and her genderswapped self from the story "On a Cross and Arrow"
    Wow. I would've never thought that Fluttershy's parents were herself.
    Last edited by Capt. Ido Nos; 2011-10-10 at 01:26 PM.

22. - Top - End - #1252
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Capt. Ido Nos View Post
    Its one of the cardinal rules of genderbent time traveling. The hard part is sending yourself to the past twice
    Spoiler: I'm a writer!
    Show
    Spoiler: Check out my fanfiction[URL="https://www.fanfiction.net/u/7493788/Forum-Explorer"
    Show
    here[/URL]
    ]Fate Stay Nano: Fate Stay Night x Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha

I Fell in Love with a Storm: MLP

Procrastination: MLP

Spoiler: Original Fiction
    Show
    The Lost Dragon: A story about a priest who finds a baby dragon in his church and decides to protect them.

23. - Top - End - #1253
    Ettin in the Playground

Guys

I actually have to work to write Damascus now because I know in my heart it's supposed to be Damanescus

This is making my homework so difficult, you don't even know, and I just know I'm going to slip up and say Damanescus in class

Help

...otakuryoga that is NSFW language
    Do you want to get in trouble otaku
    I didn't think so
    Might wanna censor it
    Or something
    Or just linky it
    I think you can linky it without getting slapped
    But it's only polite to say "HEY NSFW LANGUAGE"
    So people can go "Oh okay thanks
    "I was going to open this in front of Grannyma
    "But now I won't
    "Thank you for saving my life by the way
    "Grannyma would have shot my computer or something
    "Seeing little ponies using language like that
    "So thank you for warning me and saving my computer
    "And me, because the computer was in my lap"
    And then you can smile because you saved a life
    By properly marking NSFW material
    freedom in the flame

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by PhoeKun View Post
    Raz, you scoundrel! You planned this!
    Quote Originally Posted by BladeofObliviom View Post
    Great, and now I'm imagining what Raz's profile on a dating site would look like. "Must be okay with veils."
    Quote Originally Posted by Kasanip View Post
    I don't think there is such a time to have veils that it is not the fault of Raz_Fox.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dervag View Post
    It's a freaking Romulan dump truck. The Romulans are no more likely to build an unarmed warp-capable ship than they are to become a hippy commune.

24. - Top - End - #1254

I but oh fine. (cuddles)
    "Yaaaaaay!"

All of the shipping. All of it.
    You know, Starfox is the game that originally got me into the furry fandom. I've seen a lot of Starfox shipping. x-x

Quote Originally Posted by EsperDerek View Post
    *Midnight pauses for a moment, looking thoughtful. Her hoof rubs against her chin.

"You know, you're absolutely right...Instead of relying on what I'm bad at, I should work with my strengths."

Is that...a rather impish gleam in her eye?

"And in this situation, I know exactly the thing to get this conversation away from Shimmer and I."

Midnight's horn glows, and her body flashes, as she suddenly changes...

into...

Oh my. Standing where the formerly female Midnight was is a rather strikingly handsome unicorn stallion, with a slightly deeper purple coat, and solid blue hair. "Prince" Midnight grins roguishly, and reaches out, caressing Rarity's cheek.

"Now, what was that you were saying?"
    A smug smile begins to form on the white unicorn's face as her darling niece begins to agree with her, the gears in her mind turning. Her eyes closes as she gives a sagely nod, unfortunately keeping her from noticing that telltale look in Midnight's eye.

"Indeed you should dear. Now what is your i...idea..."

Her words trail as her eyes open, a brilliant, blinding flash of magic greeting her. Suddenly her happiness faded to complete worry as she looked upon the light purple stallion standing before her.

"M-Midnight, dear... What are you doing?" Her cheeks gain a soft reddish hue, her eyes widening in surprise at the hoof on her cheek.

Conflicting emotions ran through her mind at Rainboom speed. T-This was Midnight, of all ponies! But... But dear Celestia was he handsome, and a prince of all things!

Quote Originally Posted by Capt. Ido Nos View Post
    XD. It's like Fry!

Quote Originally Posted by Forum Explorer View Post
    Its one of the cardinal rules of genderbent time traveling. The hard part is sending yourself to the past twice
    Oh, it's really not that hard. That's why I have seventeen Twilights running around right now!
    Last edited by Titanium Fox; 2011-10-10 at 01:42 PM.

Spoiler
    Show
    For your dedication to ponies and giving us all entertainment with your quote tree o' doom, I hereby award you the Louisianan Purchase. How can I do that? Long story short, let's just say I picked a doozy of a poker game to go "all in".

25. - Top - End - #1255
    Troll in the Playground

I don't care who you promised. If you don't name a sorcerer after me I will be adorably pouty.
    What name? tonberrian, Berry Ann, or your actual name?

MAYBE Lix? Definitely Lix.
    (Also my kismesis is an expert.)
    I meant that as "while I know you're good with Exalted stuff, I don't know if you care," hence the maybe.
    Thanks to Dirty Tabs for the Travis pony.

Spoiler
    Show

Thanks to A Thousand Words for the My Little Simhata avatar, and thanks to Trixie for fixing the cropping.

Breakdown Twilight from Pony Halloween celebration, thanks to Thanqol.

Thanks to Akrim.Elf for the awesome Laharl pony.

26. - Top - End - #1256
    Troll in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Raz_Fox View Post
    /snip
    noted...i thought i had that double spoilered but didnt

...fixed

full size avatar

27. - Top - End - #1257
    Titan in the Playground

"Yaaaaaay!"
    ^///^

You know, Starfox is the game that originally got me into the furry fandom. I've seen a lot of Starfox shipping. x-x
    (has never played)

I meant that as "while I know you're good with Exalted stuff, I don't know if you care," hence the maybe.
    Sure I care. I'm currently making a super-powerful Infernal hunty type.

28. - Top - End - #1258
    Troll in the Playground

Sure I care. I'm currently making a super-powerful Infernal hunty type.
    For pony thread?
    Thanks to Dirty Tabs for the Travis pony.

Spoiler
    Show

Thanks to A Thousand Words for the My Little Simhata avatar, and thanks to Trixie for fixing the cropping.

Breakdown Twilight from Pony Halloween celebration, thanks to Thanqol.

Thanks to Akrim.Elf for the awesome Laharl pony.

29. - Top - End - #1259
    Ogre in the Playground

(has never played)
    I would recommend that you get the games and at least try them out, especially Star Fox 64 (either via VC on the Wii or the remake for the 3DS) or Assault (Gamecube game, but you can play it on the Wii.) It's basically a Space Opera like Star Trek/Wars except everyone is an anthropomorphic animal, such as the main character is a fox (named... Fox) and has a rival who's a wolf (who is creatively named Wolf and has the best boss theme ever) and the evil empire is run by monkeys.

Now that I think about it, Star Fox would probably be one of the harder things to ponify, since they're already animals.
    you know that I'm more than just a doll do you?-Geno
    Add me on Steam!
    Spoiler
    Show
    by Thecrimsonmage and By Shades of Gray by Akrim.elf

and current made by me.

30. - Top - End - #1260

Eyup
    Same here, honestly. It was my fanon before that, but since then I consider it legitimate canon.

For you. I have this weird mobile version I have to cancel out of each time a page loads
    I thought he meant art, though. And I thought he said braeburn/caramel. Had to change my response on the fly XD

I need to do more fic reading.
    I still can't believe that you do all of this on a Smart Phone dude.

It's from a 3.0 splatbook precursor to the Complete X series. Following the update rules, any 3.0 rule which isn't specifically updated, and doesn't specifically use outdated rules, is legal in 3.5.

Lasher let's you do neat things with a whipLasso, such as use it as a hand (with an attack roll), threaten adjacent squares, and it grants some sneak attack. Really fun class.
    Agreed. I really enjoy using "forgotten and abandoned" weapons in D&D, and the lasher class actually just makes it possible to do with a whip.

All sound. I think the Dex higher than Con was a nod towards needing the character to be useful rather than thematic (she's base rogue, right?), though I'd try and find a way around that if I could.
    Yeah, exactly. It was chosen for mechanics, rather than theme. 15 Con is still significantly higher than the average human, which represents Applejack well.

Seconded.
    Like I said before, it seriously varies in this group. :P

Nice.
    Did you remember to give yourself extra points for being Sweetie Belle?
    If you didn't, I'd bump it back up to an 80%. You have to get at least 15% for being Sweetie Bell herself.

Monarch or no?
    Is that reflexive American antimonarchial tendencies or am I missing something XD

I would give it honest consideration. Depending on how close to grimdark it got, I'd go through bureau processing and try to shepherd my fellows, work an 'overground railroad' as needed; or fight for the remaking folks' right to remain human and die with their world.

But I I were sucked into Equestria and made a pony?
    I'd ask Pinkie for help with dimension hopping, give my cats to a friend, pay off my lease, and grab Braz. Wee~

Ooh. On second thought, I'm not so sure how comfy I'd be as a boy pony. Hm. That's a random consideration, innit?
    It's primarily a reflexive American thing. You'd be surprised at how easily attitudes can kind of filter through the ages.

My assumption in going to Equestria was the canon world, not the grimdark fan interpretations.

No, the reverse Equestrian gender ratio, silly. Sixe chicks to a solo bro? Sweet, less bros to deal with.
    Incoming Braz in five... four... three... two...

They are. It's also fun to talk to police officers, as their basi understanding of the law is fundamentally different from the laypony's view. I refer to "one-twenty-twenty" as the section of penal code that specifically allows carrying of certain items. They use it as shorthand code for felony carrying. It's a fun conversation, and confusing, right until we figured out the "same words, different meaning" dilemma.
    I wish I could say that I'd done this, because it sounds extremely fun. However, I have a bit of a crippling phobia of police officers. No good reason, just a phobia in general, which makes life interesting to say the least.

Hm. Cold winters, no triple digits...
    I suppose I can invest in a lot of extra layers :/
    Stupid Death Valley. Making me all tropical-blooded and such.
    Considering moving up here?

Semantic quibble; I differentiate attractiveness and prettiness. One is aesthetic, other is how an aesthetic affects you. Going by attractiveness specifically, the mane six rank really low (though after deliberation, yes, Pinkie ranks highest of the lowest XD).

Prettiest pony?
    Pokey Pierce. He's Goegeous. I see why Kipling latched onto him Pinkie, then Octavia, Vinyl Scratch, then Bon-Bon, then Lyra, then Twilight. Rainbow is in there somewhere but I'm lazy.
    I don't even have considerations for the non mane-six to be honest. And yes, I'm inclined to agree with you overall on the thoughts on attractiveness.

In terms of "prettyness", I'd say Pinkie, Rarity, Fluttershy, Twilight, Rainbow Dash, Applejack.

Oh, they're still in the arena? I thought that was a passing thing, not purposeful backdrop. My faux pas.
    My primary player motivation is escape. I've dropped plot hooks for secondary motivations, everything from government conspiracies to cults of the devils and undead uprisings. :P

That's a lot of pony.

Channeling your inner Lyra there man? XD
    No! Why would you say that? I've never channeled my inner Lyra in my life!

Alright, fine. You wanna do this? Let's do this.
    Let's see... Back, half circle down-to-forward, forward back forward back heavy kick+light jab+block

*screen goes black, SiuiS sprite does a fancy charge-up animation, before shouting "Conjure Elemental!"

A burning red-black-gold clothed Efreeti-Shimmer sprite fills the screen in all her pixelated glory, spreads her hooves, and vanishes, leaving really grainy explosions of fire and a spiralling webwork of ropes behind

The EX-SPECIAL style attack ends, leaving Jade with one quarter less health in her life bar, all four hooves tied together, and mouth roped shut.

SiuiS goes into reverse stance, teleport-slides a la Dmitri/Syous (depending on arcade game preference) and once behind Jade, does a quick true strike (down-to back, down-to-forward, special) before poking her very surely in the cutie mark* Provided she's too distracted to try a shift-defense-block sprite juke; doesn't have enough Combo Meter full for an EX-SPECIAL super counter, and/or doesn't know the controls well enough to stop the sudden combo.
    Jade struggles helplessly against her bonds, which are strong enough that if she hadn't known any better she may have thought that Lix, the Goddess of shipping herself may have tied them. Her eyes go wide and her cheeks hue scarlet as the pony is finally poked.

Her voice becomes extremely high as she begins to speak. "I'm Jade the filly, and I'm the fastest pony in Equestria! Do you want to race?"

Her eyes flit back and forth in terror. "Oh Celestia... Rainbow Dash isn't around, is she? I don't want to die!"

.////.

Thanqol would probably disagree with you
    That I'm not visually artistic?

^///^
    *Nuzzle Nuzzle*

Quote Originally Posted by Geno9999 View Post
    I would recommend that you get the games and at least try them out, especially Star Fox 64 (either via VC on the Wii or the remake for the 3DS) or Assault (Gamecube game, but you can play it on the Wii.) It's basically a Space Opera like Star Trek/Wars except everyone is an anthropomorphic animal, such as the main character is a fox (named... Fox) and has a rival who's a wolf (who is creatively named Wolf and has the best boss theme ever) and the evil empire is run by monkeys.

Now that I think about it, Star Fox would probably be one of the harder things to ponify, since they're already animals.
    Starfox 64 is seriously a classic, and if you have the capability I'd recommend starting there.
    Last edited by Titanium Fox; 2011-10-10 at 02:08 PM.

Spoiler
    Show