New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 31 of 37 FirstFirst ... 62122232425262728293031323334353637 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #901
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: [Twi]Chronicles of the Impaler: Crisis of Infinite Draculas OOC

The Deathly Hallows were created by a particularly powerful Reaper against Death's will after the first Castlevania incident. To try and prevent her from being corrupted like that ever again.

They are very powerful but just using their stand alone functions will not put their owner on par with Death. To break that threshold you would need to complete an extended ritual and consume their power. A measure put in place to stop any random mortal from being able to challenge the cosmic forces of reality.
    Rural Reign An Original Superhero Webcomic Written by Me and AteMozzarlla

Darkblade Avatar by Necropaladin

2. - Top - End - #902
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by AnimeKid View Post
    Casuse personally I can't see how those three objects would allow harry ultimate control over Death. Heck I really can't see Death being that stupid. I also can't see Thanos allowing objects like that to exist considering they would control his love. Or at least he wouldn't allow Harry to hold them considering how possessive he is.
    Whaaaaat, the Deathly Hallows were a gift from Death for defeating her - and also a way to viscerally and brutally destroy the three brothers. Death has always liked witty mortals, which is why "He (now she) walked with the third brother like an old friend."
    I make avatars. Send me a request.
    BiTP:RCharacters
    Let's Play: Video Games!
    I suffer from major insomnia, don't be surprised if I'm on at odd hours.

3. - Top - End - #903

As friendly as she may be with mortals Death would not be so irresponsible as to give artifacts like that to mortals herself. I prefer to think of it as being done by a lesser aspect of Death (I also don't like her being the Death in Castlevania but that was established by Cracklord and doliest s there is nothing I can do about it).

I can though see her taking in the last brother on friendly terms not begrudging him for taking advantage of her underling.

4. - Top - End - #904

It's actually entirely possible - they crossed the river that had killed all who crossed it before (Hey there Styx, how you doing), and anyone knowing anything about the world beyond the grave is a pretty terrifying prospect for Death. Give them an offer, snicker as they kill themselves.

5. - Top - End - #905
    Pixie in the Playground

On one hand you're right, but on the other, well why shouldn't Death the anthropomorphic personification get around? Dream always did in his own story, why should the rest of the family have to stay on the sidelines the whole time?
    'C'est la vie' - Such is life.

6. - Top - End - #906

Also, Death loves humans. A lot. As in "I spend one day a year as a human" a lot. Death enjoys their company, and the Peverells were insanely clever, the level of cleverness that Death would truly enjoy. The Hallows were gifts, from a lover of humans to three people who were immensely human.

EDIT: Also, it is Shiki, not Shinki.
    Last edited by Terry576; 2012-09-08 at 10:29 PM.

7. - Top - End - #907
    Orc in the Playground

BlackDragon

Correction the last brother was very clever. The first was a power hungry and desired the most powerful wand ever. The second brother wanted to humiliate death and asked for the power to revive people.

Plus Death loves humans yeah, but she can also see that they have flaws. Just cause you like something it doesn't mean that you going to hand them strings so they can control you like a puppet.

Again I also say would Thanos really allow anyone to control his beloved?

Also Terry I noticed that you didn't put up a char sheet for Harry detailing his abilities and his possessions. So the having all the Hallows thing kind of comes out of nowhere. Plus having Harry be able to control death would kind of break the power setting for this game.

8. - Top - End - #908

Alright, one second.

Harry Potter
    Spoiler
    Show

Personality:

Harry is sarcastic, snide, and often speaks in an overly theatrical manner. He is cynical, but easily amused and delighted by life and the world.

Strengths:
    • Clever.
    • Magically Powerful.
    • Trained by Dumbledore.
    • Parselmouth.
    • Controls magical fire to a great extent.
    • Great at flying.
    • Can see through magical enchantments.
    • Leg/Occlumens.

Weaknesses:
    • Physically average, unable to compete without magic.
    • More than slightly insane.
    • A bit arrogant.
    • Absorbing Voldemort's soul fragment has darkened his soul.
    • Has a "saving people thing".
    • Obsessed with becoming a hero again.
    • Has a soft spot for people who resemble him as he was before, or his old friends.

Artifacts:
    • Holly Wand: Harry's personal wand. It is eleven inches long, made of holly, with a phoenix feather as a core. Harry has etched runes onto it that allow it to channel the enormous amount of magical fire - and fyre that he utilizes in combat. It is inclined towards fire spells and charms.
    • The Elder Wand: The Elder Wand, the Deathstick, the Wand of Destiny. Made by Death as a gift to the oldest Peverell, this wand will never lose in any duel. Harry is its Master, and its Keeper.
    • The Resurrection Stone: Inset in a ring, the Resurrection Stone has the power to bring people back from the dead - but only as a shade. A gift from Death to the middle Peverell.
    • The Invisibility Cloak: Death's own Cloak, able to hide its wearer from any and all eyes and enchantments. Resistant to magic. A gift from Death to the youngest Peverell, who ended his life as her friend.
    • Yew Wand: Tom Riddle's personal wand. It is thirteen and one half inches long, with a phoenix feather as a core. The brother wand of Harry's, the Yew and the Holly wands work well together, although Harry detests the Yew on principle of belonging to Tom. It is inclined towards deadlier spells and transfiguration.

Titles
    • The Boy-Who-Lived: A meaningless title that conveys a lot of attention. Comes from when Harry survived the Killing Curse at age one, it now demands respect from the Wizards who hear it, and know that it is the name of the boy who killed a Dark Lord at the age of fifteen.
    • The Magister of Fire: Harry is incredibly talented with fire magic, and calls himself this in a mocking and derivative manner. After all, fire is either hazy on the scale of dark, or downright Dark.
    • The Master of Death: Harry owns all three Hallows, which allow him knowledge and understanding of Death, as well as some sort of immortality. Harry has yet to meet with Death, so he is unsure as to the effect of his mastery over it.

You keep acting like Thanos has enough control over Death to stop her from doing whatever the hell she wants. This is Death of the Endless, she can tell him to screw off whenever she damn well pleases. Giving gifts to three people who are so impossibly human - all different, and yet all brothers, is totally like her. She takes them for her own, claims them as hers, with these gifts. Death isn't like Marvel Death - who seems to not really care what Thanos does. Death would get pissed if Thanos messed around with her creations, and dared to touch anything she claimed.

EDIT: I really like that after all of Kidd's defense of Alex, she immediately challenges Harry to a duel and summons her Servant in an attempt to intimidate him. Classy.

Also, who would like another snippet of Harry's life? I was thinking maybe a training session with Dumbledore would be pretty useful - preferably on MAGICCCCC so that way I can start to explainify things.
    Last edited by Terry576; 2012-09-09 at 03:49 AM.

9. - Top - End - #909

Quote Originally Posted by darkblade View Post
    As friendly as she may be with mortals Death would not be so irresponsible as to give artifacts like that to mortals herself. I prefer to think of it as being done by a lesser aspect of Death (I also don't like her being the Death in Castlevania but that was established by Cracklord and doliest s there is nothing I can do about it).

I can though see her taking in the last brother on friendly terms not begrudging him for taking advantage of her underling.
    I'd like to make my defense on that choice: *ahem* I am an idiot.

And I think, and this could be very wrong, we ran with 'Death usually can't appear in her Endless form serving Dracula, instead taking a weaker form, but Game 7 had so screwed up reality, that by the time she was involved, she could, or indeed, had to appear in her Endless form.'

So, basically, feel free to run with 'lesser incarnations' because all of my ideas are bad ones. Trust me on that, these games give me the chance to think out my actions, and they're still bad ideas.

Beyond that, I both have no say in, nor idea of, what's going on. Just saw my name and felt like commenting.

Also, really getting into to Buffy, and wishing I'd been watching when we were putting this game together. Then I'd have asked for a Buffy character. Also, in retrospect, wished I'd gone with an Animorph over P&S or Bassy, if only because supporting silly/one-note characters is hard.
    Doliest's crimes against good taste
    Spoiler
    Show

An Uwe Boll fan, and proud of it. LONG LIVE THE BOLL!

Also a Michael Bay fan.

Likes Jar Jar

Likes FATAL..... No, I'm sorry, but no. Everything else on this list? I like, but while I've done many horrible things in my life, I WILL NOT claim to like FATAL.

Let's Playing Final Fantasy with extreme prejudice

Quote Originally Posted by Cracklord View Post
    Forgive me, Mr Tolkien. You do not deserve what I now do to you.

10. - Top - End - #910
    Ogre in the Playground

First I'd like to say that don't feel enslaved by everything I've established. I make it up as I go along, and a lot of it looks pretty bad in retrospect. The game is always evolving, and while she would respect what's already happened, we shouldn't do it in such a way that it limits the possibilities of the future. The way I wrote it, it was only Death of the Endless because Doliest and I both really like her, and so we simply used the Terry Pratchett explanation, that all the minor psychopomps are just aspects of her, extensions of a single being that encompasses almost the entire multiverse. It was her, but all the incarnations are her, to a greater or lesser extent.

As for the whole Thanos controls her, that's a misconception. Indeed, the time he did, he became miserable and that was a primary part of his motivation to give up the power. But the problem with the Endless is that they have to obey their own rules. Dream (for example) has to bow to the whims of Anasai, a relatively minor god, because the little spider won the ownership of all stories. And so he's tied by the very stories he embodies. Indeed, in his first appearance he was bound for half a century by a bunch of fairly minor wizards (real wizards would be too smart to try something like that), because they got the ritual right. By the same token, Destiny sometimes says, and believes, things he knows to be false, because not to do so would shatter causality. And Death offers extensions if you can best her in a game.

I think the assumption is that Animekid assumes that the three wizards were able to enslave her in some way like that, and demand the gifts, which would indeed probably make her current boy-friend mightily pissed, and would most likely result in carnage, so is therefore unlikely. I personally assumed that it was more a run-of-the-mill 'test' that omnipotent beings tend to give people to see how they'll react, and Terry seems to see it as her being so impressed she gave the gifts honestly and with the best intentions.

But the thing is, it's an ancient legend. All interpretations are equally valid, and equally likely to be wrong.
    Nadir We,
    Youth Born,
    Blood Letters,
    Axe Weilders,
    Victors Still.

11. - Top - End - #911

I mostly don't want Harry to have that kind of power is far too game breaking for this game. If this version of Harry returns for a later Epic then it can be discussed with that DM but for now the Hallows do not grant their possessor true power over Death.

12. - Top - End - #912

Oh, I was just going with what the legends say - some kind of immortality. Mastery over Death for Harry is, of course, limited to the Inferi that he can't create.

13. - Top - End - #913
    Orc in the Playground

BlackDragon

Hey guys, remember game VII? Remember what a clusterf*ck that was? Still it was fun, and hopefully if the premise of the next game allows it I'll be able to play the Fayt from that game. I like him.

14. - Top - End - #914
    Ogre in the Playground

The next epic is much better planned, thank you very much. Though thank you for your concern.
    Nadir We,
    Youth Born,
    Blood Letters,
    Axe Weilders,
    Victors Still.

15. - Top - End - #915

I just finished Puella Magi Madoka Magica. While this game is safe, Kyubee and Madoka will be showing up in something I DM later.

16. - Top - End - #916
    Pixie in the Playground

So here we have chapter 1 of the fall of Shatterworld. This is a superhero story, but early on it will read like an espionage story, for reasons that will become clear.

Mostly Fury Classic, as you can no doubt see for yourself, though there is some Ultimate Nick, and some Max Nick tossed in to add to the flavor. Yes, he gets his own story-arc. But for now, he's in to provide some backstory and get the ball rolling.

Spoiler
    Show
    Colonel Nick Fury sat back in the big plush leather directors chair as 'Directive Assistant' (whatever the hell that was) Li retrieved a sleek gadget manufactured by Wayne Enterprises, and lit up the screen with a light tap of the finger, sending up a 3 dimensional holographic page that he could examine. "Quite a considerable amount for your consideration today, director." Li said, straightening his jacket. Second-Lieutenant Li was a recruit, American-chinese in ancestry who'd arrived in the army. He was found to be an exceptional sniper, but didn't have any of the other field-skills, and wouldn't have make it as an officer. Which was unfortunate, as he had ambitions towards a career in supplies or communications. So he'd arranged a transfer, spent some time in the agency, then transferred to S.H.I.E.L.D, which needed men like him. It needed a hundred men like him, much as Fury didn't want to admit it. He was more then competent, or else he wouldn't be where he was at twenty-four, but Fury had never really warmed up to him, and doubted he ever would. "All of it important."

"You always say that." Fury replied, rubbing his temples with one hand. Fury was still the quintessential soldier, even if the uniform and job description was different now then it had been when he first enlisted. His hair dark brown was cut short in a marine's crew-cut, grey at the edges but still dark and virile at the top, his uniform was well-pressed, his shoulders broad and his back ram-rod straight. His angular face was worn and tired looking, lined with scars, and he'd lost his left eye, but his right was piercing enough for two. Around the world he is know as the top cop, the highest Authority, and the only thing that made S.H.I.E.L.D actually work. Depending on who you ask his name is praised for being a patriot and being willing to do anything for his country no matter how shady or outright immoral, or despised for the exact same reason. But even if he was still at the end of his prime, and had been for the better of a generation, he felt like an old, tired man. "Well go on then. Surprise me."

"Well, there are growing budgetary concerns in regards to S.H.I.E.L.D. As you can imagine, much of the infrastructure is perceived to be corrupt, hemorrhaging money and squandering resources. Given that it's such a considerable investment, the board has set up a committee to monitor expenditure and reduce it where they can. Which is why we intend cut-backs, removing non-essential personnel and..."

"That's you done for then. See if I can get you another job in the CIA. Though you'd be better to keep away from the Agency if you want a career."

"Quite amusing sir. But you're making light of what could be-"

"It's not our problem. Focus on your job, and let them do theirs. If the bean-counters have an issue, they can stop beating around the bush and sending forms I don't have time to read, and they can come and tell it to me personally. Man-to-man. Otherwise, they can keep it to themselves."

"But we do have to balance our budget to-"

"No we don't. Because as much as they gripe and complain, they won't do anything, and the funding will keep rolling in." Fury steepled his fingers. "Trust me on that."

"As you say, sir." Li said diplomatically. "Well, the Soviet Union wants to renegotiate super-human test band treaties, as they feel they no longer represent the best interests of Eastern Europe and Asia..."

"Just so much meaningless discussion. All the treaty says, you'll notice, is that nobody on the Security Council can intentionally create or recruit any metahumans without notifying the others, and that if anyone else tries that, they'll stomp on them just like they stomped on them Parousia when they got smart." Fury shook his head at the stupidity of it all. “Which is just saying nothing at all in so many words, but the balance of power is maintained. Bloody politics. Anything else should I know today?”

"Well, we had a request from the CIA. They want us to loan them -"

“Does it look to you as if my body is dead?”

“No, sir.”

“Then the answer's no. Whatever it is, they can get their own damn assets. What else?”

"Human resources..."

"Oh no. Not them. Not those idiots." Fury said, almost pleading. He'd single-handedly charged enemy fortified machine-gun posts while his men were ripped to shreds around him, had clawed through barbed wire and over corpses to capture positions with a bayonet clenched between his teeth, and he'd do it all again before sitting through a meeting with human bloody resources.

"I'm afraid so, sir. They have problems with our hiring standards, feeling that there is a disproportionate representation, particularly in the upper echelons, and that it is representative of standards that are woefully out-dated and should be..."

"What the hell do those goldbrickin' yahoos think this is?" Fury almost shouted. So they didn't do his sort of work, but presumably they had a functioning brain between them. "The headquarters for the Bleedin' Heart Liberals?"

Li wisely ignored that one. "They also wish to complain about the records of many of your officers, and..."

"Listen son, if I only worked with people who didn't do bad things, well I wouldn't need quite as big a headquarters as I have, would I? And the if the Hellecarrier is big, the Triskellion is huge." He replies, as though Li is the one suggesting this, and is being monumentally naive. “Half my operatives used to work for MI6, them that didn't work for the CIA or KGB, some were counter-terrorists, or psychopaths we’ve decided work better pointed at our enemies, and the rest don’t even exist at all. No, I can't trust all of them, but that doesn't matter, long as they do the job now. Got that?"

"But how do we explain that to human resources?"

"I figure if they can't figure that out themselves, they're never going to. So let them complain. I don't care. Company Policy stays the way it is." He leans back on his chair. "Next?"

"Well, there's another delay in the SkyWatch project, as the projected estimates in the required amount of adamantine for the super-structure was found to be inadequate. Their having to scrap the first attempt and recast the entire hull. Which will be very expensive."

"Some engineer forgot to drop a decimal point? Hopefully someone lost their job over it. Bendix's ego project will wait another year to be completed." Fury said, without any real irritation. He didn't particularly want the satellite, the thing was massively over-budget and behind schedule, extremely ponderous, and impractical, not to mention that Bendix had been dead and buried for ten years, despite occasional rumors to the contrary. And the Hellecarrier was quite a fine representation of S.H.I.E.L.D's power and authority on it's own. The only reason anyone had wanted it, was so they could look down on the rest of the world and lord it over them.

"No doubt sir. Now, there is talk that France is ceding from the European Union and withdrawing military commitment from Nato, unless..."

Where did I go wrong? thought the colonel as the litany went on. I was a soldier once. I fought in one World War and a dozen smaller one across the globe, it was what I did best. I led thousands of men into battle with everything from horses and swords, to artillery and tanks, to stealth planes and lazers. I put the Avengers together, I saw off a score of alien invasions, I worked long and hard at espionage, I arranged a few assassinations, helped people defect and stole valuable technology and intel, I brought down corrupt regimes, I put a stop to SPECTRE wherever it reared it's head, probably saved the world a dozen times, and I built this agency from the ground up. So why don't I even know what we're doing anymore? Are we even doing anything? If old man Frank Rock could see me now...

"Sir?" Li asked, pausing his extremely technical explanation of why the horde of communications experts and computer specialists that now formed the backbone of the company still couldn't do their jobs and identify either of the cyber terrorists who'd compromised the pentagon a week back, and possibly stolen nuclear launch codes.

"Li, will you please shut up when I'm trying to think!? I swear to God it's like running a espionage organization with my mother." Fury growled.

Li fell quiet, looking a little hurt. That seemed harsh, but Nick, as ever, had his own unique set of priorities, and Li had given up trying to make sense of Nick's decision-making processes on his first day of the job. Fury ignored him, and lit a cigar. Officially, the Hellicarrier was a no-smoking area, but he ignored it, and everyone realized you don't tell the director what to do, particularly one as infamously cantankerous as Nick Fury. He shook his head again. Well, that was what was happening. So what was he supposed to do about it? It used to be a matter of identifying the problem, then sending in either spies or black-ops commandos in, thwarting each the opposition and trying, just trying to avert global catastrophe and World War III. Then Bendix arrived, all smug and superior and 'modern', and insisted on metahuman response teams, neural implants and non-disclosure. S.H.I.E.L.D had become accountable to nobody and began using tactics that couldn't be condoned, and then finally Bendix had gone mad with power and tried to take over the world. The man was a maniac and had been put down like the animal he was, but rather then learn from him everyone seemed to be queuing up to follow his lead, and now suddenly it's all done with machines and discussion, and everyone wants to look like the good guys and put war crimes and atrocities down as 'differences in ideology', rather then unforgivable sins that lead to a bed-for-one in an unmarked grave. And there was still insistence on metahuman response teams, now that genetic engineering was the new nuke. All of it. Gone to ****.

And now look at me! I'm in the middle of it all! A colonel! Commander of S.H.I.E.L.D, the most powerful espionage agency on the planet! A political animal! I have to know a thousand details about people I don't care to meet and places I'll never visit, just in case that it becomes relevant some day. And a whole generation are looking to me for answers about a host of problems I couldn't even begin to make sense of, and all I can do is hold on until the world starts to sort itself out and things like right and wrong starts mattering again.

And here was Li, who wasn't too bad a kid really, explaining what he'd be doing with his day to him in a way he could understand, while he just sat there and tried not to feel like a man left behind by his own agency. He knew what he was supposed to be doing, or at least Li did and would tell him if he listened, but he couldn't have told you why it was important. Not that it mattered. These days, he had spin doctors and bureaucrats for that, who controlled public perception and kept their fingers on the world's pulse, men he'd never met whose judgement he didn't trust. At some point, one he couldn't have picked out for you if he had to, his country changed, and his loyalties changed with it without him noticing, and everything in the international world had gone from being clear to being a mess. It would take a man smarter then him to sort it all out, even if it could be. It had never been a perfect world, but it was the only one they had, and he'd done his best to make it a little safer, a little more secure, a little better. And now he couldn't even tell if he'd done the right thing or not.

Take S.H.I.E.L.D, which called itself an international organization and claimed it answered only to the UN, but in truth it had always served America's interests foremost. Which was why they'd been in Afghanistan stopping the Russians, but hadn't lifted a finger in Vietnam to stop the GI's from killing kids or the other atrocities that showed up along the way, why they'd intervened in the Middle East, but left the rest of Africa to fend for itself. And he'd accepted that, much as he didn't like it. The bulk of his men had to come from somewhere, as did the funding and influence, and if the alternative was to go corporate then he'd just have to make the best with what he had. So why did it feel like he'd sold-out? Not just sold his own soul to Ol' Scratch, but sold away all the little people, whose small lives got ground away by the rich and powerful, who nobody cared about or knew to protect? What's you conscience say about that?

And now? Now they didn't even do that. Wars weren't even called wars anymore, the cold war was presented as a thing of the past since The Authorities coup and subsequent step-down (and how he'd wanted to intervene with that, but it wasn't to be), there was no more scrambling for power or trying to get footholds in each others territory, no games of espionage, not even a technology race.

That's all been taken away. And for what?

Comfort, mutual prosperity, brotherhood and the betterment of your fellow man… Not that any of that was a bad thing, but...Damn.

But I'm not a soldier, or even an agent any more, I'm a manager, an administrator. I have to talk to damn committees to get anything done, though everything is delayed weeks while they discuss it self-importantly and bloody unrecognizable as anything I'd say when they finally bother to announce it, I have to talk politics and 'international consideration', and a whole host of other bull****, I go to receptions and attend press conferences and drown in paperwork, and otherwise never actually get anything done while the whole monolithic organization ticks on. And nobody really listens to me. It's all politics and forms and reports, and I can't even light up a cigar in my own damn office in my own damn headquarters.

What has happened to the days when it was all so simple?

And he couldn't even retire, because once every couple of years, they ran into something that wasn't just a lone nut, or an 'international incident' (whatever the hell that was supposed to be), something they couldn't fix, and he had to step in and deal with it because the recruiting party had plenty of specialists and computer-experts and all the rest, even a psychic-op, but if he was out of the way they'd think another Bendix was just the man for the job. They could deal with HYDRA on a good day, but give them another London at the turn of the millennium, and they'd have no chance at all. He stubbed out his cigar, then stomped out of his room and down the hall, needing to move, even if it was to aimlessly wander the corridors and hope to run into Durgan or one of the other old-guard who he could share his concerns with, without sounding like an old dinosaur whining about the youth of today. Maybe this time he'd be able to figure out how to work the ridiculously complicated coffee-maker. Everyone had attempted to explain how to operate it, but there were so many damn buttons. The coffee-maker could do at least twelve different things, including possibly think for itself. It seemed excessive when all he wanted was a simple cup of coffee. In the old days, a less capable computer had been all you needed to run Manhattan.

He stepped into the rec-room. The coffee-maker crouched on the countertop, a mass of black plastic and silver metal, its little red light blinking at him mockingly. Fury inspected the panel of buttons, then selected one more or less at random, pressed it, and the machine began to make a hissing noise. He pressed several more buttons, all of which failed to make the hissing stop.

"Can't even work this damn thing, and they want my advice on how to rule the world." He muttered, then turned to find Li staring at him. The boy had followed him out of the office, still holding the gadget he kept his notes on.

"What now?" He growled.

"Your 0900? With Director Gendo Ikari? About the Japanese initiative he's put together?"

"Right. That." Fury growled, and gave up in disgust. It was going to be a long day.

And there we have it. Chapter 1. By the end of the week, expect chapter 2, involving Kingpin Wilson Fisk and Vandal Savage having a chat about their own reasons for being in the Human Liberation Front, followed by Lex Luthor and Amanda Waller having their own little heart to heart.

Again, if anyone wants to help out with this project, whether in writing, idea-storming, giving me a good place to upload it all, or even proof-reading or illustrating, please feel welcome to make any contributions you can. Just try to keep dialogue open, so we don't all contradict each other and end up with a tangled mess of continuity, like the 'New 52'.

17. - Top - End - #917

Right, so anyone who has posted any fics in this thread can you either repost them or link to your posts?

I've been lazy and not updating the fanfiction.net page.

Also there have been a lot of requests to carry on with the Thanos's Equestrian Vacation story sent to the account in PMs. Are you planning on carrying on with it Draxx?

18. - Top - End - #918
    Pixie in the Playground

... Really? Somehow, that makes me feel vaguely ashamed. I mean, it wasn't even that well written.
    Well, I might, if I can't find any inspiration on this front.

19. - Top - End - #919
    Pixie in the Playground

I'll be sure to resubmit my stuff as soon as I've done with my latest excerpt.

20. - Top - End - #920
    Ogre in the Playground

You can just use fiat to trump the Note and keep humans alive? Has he actualy demonstrated that power? Well, that makes me more or less completely unable to fight back, doesn't it? Ah well, I'll think of something.
    And we're saying that using the Death Note, under any circumstances, automatically begins to turn you into a Kishin Egg? So Yagami senior, despite being the closest thing to a moral conscience in the series, became a demon due to trying to use the Note to save his daughter?
    My understanding was, the Note is a tool that serves an important purpose in the cosmic scheme of things rather then a source of corruption, and the consequences of using it are that you, quite simply, go to purgatory when you die and you stay there forever. The whole Kishin Egg thing is entirely because Light is a megalomaniacal sociopath quite content to execute anyone who so much as speaks out against him, rather then because he has a supernatural Note-Book.
    Of course, now that you mention it, the whole Kishin Egg thing (that Light doesn't know about) means that even if you do use it on him, you won't complete your primary goal. So, it's only really useful if you use it on Souske.
    Last edited by Cracklord; 2012-09-24 at 09:42 AM.
    Nadir We,
    Youth Born,
    Blood Letters,
    Axe Weilders,
    Victors Still.

21. - Top - End - #921
    Orc in the Playground

BlackDragon

Ah. Maybe I read what Darkblade said wrong. Cause I had though he had Ryuk say to Light that his use of the DeathNote that each kill caused the human souls of the people he used it on to become absorbed into his soul. For a normal human like Light's dad I would assume since he knows nothing about souls and is a normal human he would not have anything to worry about.

However Kidd or Maka would because they are Meisters. Taking one soul would leave a temptation to harvest more for increased power. They do know about souls, can see them, and are powerful enough to harvest souls by the dozens. I would think that Yagami Senior has a tainted soul, but not a Kishin Egg soul. For an anlaogy it's like he had a cigarette and doesn't have the funds to procure more. However Kidd and Maka do have the funds to buy more cigarettes. Still maybe I interpreted wrong.

Plus I didn't want to make you totally invalid so I made it to where he is not sure he could extend his protection to Souske because he is not that close to him and he is still not a fully realized Shinigami. It is still powerful by Shinigami standards, but not realized.

Edit: True, I had thought up a possible loophole that Kidd could write out Light's death to where Souske at midnight gets intel that Light is a threat to Bella and wounds him with Light escaping, to run right into Maka without backup. Maka would then kill Light and Soul would absorb the Kishin Egg Soul, still achieving the same affect as if he hadn't used the DeathNote at all. However I didn't know it that would work, or where that would leave Souske.
    Last edited by AnimeKid; 2012-09-24 at 09:51 AM.

22. - Top - End - #922

Just throwing my utterly meaningless two cents in:

Mind, I haven't been paying to keen attention, but proxy loyalty through Sebastian requires me to point out that, and mind this is only as far as I remember, the rule was that sufficiently powerful individuals are immune to the Death Note's effects. So, if Liz and Patty are mystically powerful/important enough, they'd be immune. Kid canceling it on the other hand...yeah, I have no idea.

I'm not really sure Kid IS comparable to a Shinigami- they might serve the same being, but they're not really comparable. Not on power but in nature, I mean Kid has super powers, magical powers, and works with humans. Ryuk floats through walls, can't be seen by ordinary people(and many magical ones), and comes from a separate realm all together. It's like comparing candles and apples. Not to mention that even other Shinigami can't interfere with the Death Note once its been invoked. Well, except for how Light's offering.

'Course, this still begs a question I have with Light's plan:
    For Cracklord
    Spoiler
    Show

Wouldn't Liz and Patty die no matter what? Even if he kills Sousuke, either another individual, I'd assume, would show up to satisfy his written condition, or they'd die of heart attacks as soon as Sousuke dies.

'Course this is just me providing my opinion. Also, if Light ends up dead, I believe Sebastian is contract obligated to drop what he is doing and work on reviving him. So, no matter what, this is going to be entertaining for me.
    Spoiler
    Show

Also a Michael Bay fan.

Likes Jar Jar

Likes FATAL..... No, I'm sorry, but no. Everything else on this list? I like, but while I've done many horrible things in my life, I WILL NOT claim to like FATAL.

23. - Top - End - #923
    Ogre in the Playground

Unless Shinigami is a job description, rather then a species classification. They are both psychopomps, who ensure that human lives end when they are supposed to. Their capabilities don't really come into it then, do they?

As for Liz and Patti, no, because Souske is the target. The Death Note is killing Souske, it's just written that he kills them as well before he dies. The Death Note has been set to reap, and Light just wrote it so that they'd be collateral damage.
    Last edited by Cracklord; 2012-09-25 at 01:10 AM.
    Nadir We,
    Youth Born,
    Blood Letters,
    Axe Weilders,
    Victors Still.

24. - Top - End - #924

Quote Originally Posted by How to Use X; Rule 2
    Whether the cause of the individual’s death is either a suicide or accident. If the death leads to the death of more than the intended, the person will simply die of a heart attack. This is to ensure that other lives are not influenced.
    Unless Light also writes Liz and Patti's name in the book they cannot be killed by a Death Note controlled Souske. In which case they will die regardless.

As for the rest Kidd's response. No the various Grim Reapers, Shinigami and other psyhopomps all represent different aspects of death and the after life. Roughly I have it worked out to be:

Personification: Death of the Endless and her many alternate forms, administers the lesser deaths.
    Domain Deaths: Hades, Azrael, etc Responsible for administration of lesser deaths of their own world when Death herself is either working somewhere else in the multiverse or just doing her own thing.
    Selections: Death Note Shinigami, responsible for selecting those who will die.
    Executions: Dead Like Me Gravelings, responsible for making sure those chosen by Selection Shinigami die as intended.
    Retrieval: Dead Like Me, responsible for collecting ordinary souls
    Specialized Retrieval: Soul Eater and Bleach Shinigami, responsible for collecting souls too powerful or dangerous for regular retrieval.
    Processing: Mostly Angels under St. Peter but occasionally other types of being, responsible for making sure that all souls go to the right afterlife.
    Ferryman: Charon, Anubis, Valkyries, responsible for taking souls to their appropriate afterlife.

With that in mind they work completely separate jobs, under normal circumstances they would not have come into contact with one another and have no direct power over each other.

Kidd cannot overrule the Death Note because it is a tool of Selection and he works in Specialized Retrieval.

25. - Top - End - #925

So, that means:

1.Assuming that doesn't change Light's plan, I.E he has all three names written down, we're looking at three, maybe four depending on Kid's actions, character deaths incoming.

....You know, I hate the story as much as everyone else, maybe more than some present(though certainly not more than all) but it asked a good question;
    What would you do if you only had One More Day?

Also Darkblade, assuming the call goes through, how much do I have to debase myself to play Kid's 'Mom' in a cameo appearance? Assuming things going down with death isn't part of the story here. Or any other very good reason not to allow it.
    <.<
    >.>

No I'm not just asking because I recently re-cracked open my copies of 'High cost of living' and my collected Sandman comics. If that was the reason, I'd be begging to play Alice Cooper. God, Last Temptation is surprisingly awesome.
    Okay, I have been on a Gaiman binge, either re-reading what I already read, or going through what I haven't.

I'mma shut up now.
    Spoiler
    Show

Also a Michael Bay fan.

Likes Jar Jar

26. - Top - End - #926
    Ogre in the Playground

Point. I totally forgot about that rule. Well, my plan really doesn't work then, unless Kidd isn't completely familiar with the rules of the Death Note. Which is possible, but a tad unlikely. Looks like I'm going to have to rethink things a bit.
    I guess this is why I'm not Light.
    Nadir We,
    Youth Born,
    Blood Letters,
    Axe Weilders,
    Victors Still.

27. - Top - End - #927

As much as I hate to admit this. I just do not have the ability to keep DMing this game right now. I have been enjoying it and would really like to see where it would eventually go but I just do not have the time or energy right now to make the needed regular posts to keep everyone else on track.

If someone else wants to step in and take over DMing for me I'll send you my notes and give you an idea as to where I was going with this. Otherwise I'm sorry to say it but this game is dead in the water.

28. - Top - End - #928
    Ogre in the Playground

Last time I tried this, it didn't work out so well, but I'll give it a try if nobody else does. This is a great story you've begun, and I want to see how it ends.
    Nadir We,
    Youth Born,
    Blood Letters,
    Axe Weilders,
    Victors Still.

29. - Top - End - #929

What Cracklord said- My DMing record is spotty at best, but I'm willing to offer up my sub-standard services in support of continuing on.

Gets me out of trying to figure out what my characters are doing.
    Spoiler
    Show

Also a Michael Bay fan.

Likes Jar Jar

30. - Top - End - #930
    Pixie in the Playground

So, there were a few tentative nibbles in the 'Hey Draxx, we think that projects awesome, we'll help you' department. If you're still interested, I'm going to call you up on that.
    Now, the main story will probably be mostly told by me, but there's plenty of side-stories that need to be told as well, and I thought I'd ask if anyone was interested. Yes, you've got total creative control, long as you don't contradict anyone else too much. I thought I'd get a renewal of interest before I started designating them.