New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 8 of 51 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171833 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #211
    Atrum-Persavor
    Guest in the Playground

Default Re: [Rail IC] Academy City II: Electrokinesis Is Love~

Ren dashes in, teleporting upwards to the roof entrance, before leaning against the door.

Three gunshots ring out.

...Bugger. Some of them are armed. Still, intimidation might work.

Ren leans back on the side wall, takes a deep breath and yells:

"THIS IS JUDGEMENT! ON THE GROUND! ALL OF YOU! REINFORCEMENTS FROM ANTI-SKILL ARE EN ROUTE! THIS IS YOUR ONE LAST CHANCE TO SURRENDER! SLIDE YOUR WEAPONS OVER NOW OR YOU WILL BE CONSIDERED TO BE RESISTING ARREST!"

He opens a portal on the floor, then another on the door itself, before peering through it.

A mass of students, cowed by an Anti-Skill officer and his pistol.

The entire bluff was unnecessary. Damnit.

Ren pushes the door open with his hands in the air, lowering them after making sure that Frank didn't consider him a threat.

"Ah, sorry about that, Officer. I assumed that Anti-Skill wasn't on the scene at the moment. I was bluffing. SitRep and orders?"

Before anything else happens, Ren's headset cackles and a transmission comes through.

"The warrant on Fuschichou Souji - Alias Astraphobia; 2796; has returned. Retrieve the target at all costs. Do not harm him, he must be taken alive."

... This day just gets BETTER and BETTER, doesn't it?

2. - Top - End - #212
    Dwarf in the Playground

Carver simply looks at Ren as he arrives and says.

"Well this day just keeps getting better and better, now doesn't it. I really should find a different line of work. This one is way too stressfull"

With that he shakes his head and looks down at Moroe and says.

"So, are you alright, or should I help you to the nurse? Oh and Moroe, I don't like being lied to. You really didn't have to lie over something as trivial as that, I would have accepted if you had just refused to tell me. Well It's a moot point considering I ended up finding out anyway."
    There is good, there is Evil, and someplace inbetween.

The main difference is Evil is much more fun.

3. - Top - End - #213
    Orc in the Playground

BlackDragon

Tobio

When the girl comes out Tobio's face is covered by a flourecent blush as he starts stammering, "O-oh I-I-I just h-heard that he h-h-had gotten into a-a f-f-fight. I wanted t-to m-make s-sure that he was a-alright a-and a-ask him a f-f-few q-questions." He internally cursing himself for having this reaction to most of the girls he sees.

4. - Top - End - #214
    Pixie in the Playground

Shougo waited until Ren made his (completely unnecessary) entrance before he spoke.

"Ah, Judgement-san...This was the boy I reported, but there will be no need to apprehend him, it was all a misunderstanding. I apologise for any inconvenience I have caused, although there is still the matter of a dangerous cr-"

He halted mid-sentence, looking at Moroe for askance. He figured that Moroe might not want everyone to know of the exact nature of that particular hooligan; it might even endanger her life. He was in the middle of mentally berating himself for even mentioning him when a certain red-faced, panting partner of Shirogane Ren appeared over the edge of the roof. Right away, she began screaming.

"THIS IS JUDGEMENT~DESUNO! EVERYBODY ON THE GROUND! RESIST AND YOU WILL BE GUNNED DOWN BY ANTI-SKILL! DROP YOUR WEAPONS, NOW, OR YOU WILL BE CONSIDERED TO BE RESISTING AR-"

For someone who was out of breath, she sure was loud. A look of panic suddenly emerged on Rens' face as he interrupted her.

"Ah-WAIT! HOLD FIRE, MEI! GREEN ON GREEN!"

There was an awkward silence as the tiny, green-eyed girl took in the situation.

"Wait...This looks like it's under control! And Anti-Skill is already here...So you mean to tell me...I got called out for nothing!?

Somehow, her face became even more flushed, her brows twitching and her breath coming in incredibly exaggerated bursts. Ren sighed.

""Grr... Do I look like I'm napping here? I should be napping at my -"

Mei looked like she was going to explode.

And then she did.

"AND YOU MADE ME WALK!? AS A TELEPORTER!? I SWEAR TO KAMI, REN! YOU'RE THE WORST PARTNER EVER AND THE MOST SHAMEFUL DISGRACE OF A MAN TO HAVE EVER LIV-

Eyes rolling and voice dripping with sarcasm, Ren cut her off mid-rant.

"Aaah, I understand now, Ohime-sama. Your Imperial Guard must cater to your every whim and be at your beck and call before attempting to break up any potentially life-threatening riots. Understood."

Len performed a deep, theatrical bow as he went over 'Imperial Guard'.

"Do you want me to do the princess carry now?"

It took about three seconds for this to wash over Mei before she erupted in a totally incandescent rage. Unless one had a particular vivid imagination, it would have been difficult picturing her getting any angrier than she was before. But somehow, Mei did just that.

"You...YOU....YOU DUMBASS! I BET THIS IS ALL YOUR FAULT SOMEHOW! IT'D JUST BE LIKE YOU TO WASTE EVERYONE'S TIME AND EFFORT! I SWEAR TO KAMI, THAT'S ALL YOU DO! YOU...YOU....GRRRRR-"

And then she descended into unintelligible nonsense, flailing ineffectually at Rens' chest with her fists. All this was accomplished in such a comedically overdone manner that it wouldn't take very much effort at all to imagine anime-style sweatdrops on the foreheads of everyone watching. There was a brief moment of semi-awed silence, ended once again by the broken-glasses kid from before.

"A...Are they for real?"

Apparently, Mei did not get the memo from before; the one concerning Astraphobia, 2796. Otherwise, she wouldn't be making a fool of herself in front of such a large crowd of people.

((OOC: Don't worry, I went over this with Atrum.))
    Last edited by Lord-Cao-Cao; 2011-11-05 at 12:32 PM.

5. - Top - End - #215
    Ettin in the Playground

Moroe inwardly groaned as Shougo accidentally broached the topic of Souji. Luckily she barely had time to even start thinking of plausible lies before the whole problem was washed away by one of the best distractions in recent memory. The ensuing argument also answered all of her lingering questions about why Judgement had taken so long to turn up. But as grateful as she was to the duo for being so wonderfully distracting, she had no desire to stand around watching them trade insults. Since Frank would probably have to spend some time dealing with them, she discreetly sidled over to Shougo, took over the task of holding him up, and (assuming he was willing) once again started to move the two of them towards quieter surroundings.

"Come on, partner. Let's get out of here before any more distractions home in on us."

6. - Top - End - #216
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by AnimeKid View Post
    Tobio

When the girl comes out Tobio's face is covered by a flourecent blush as he starts stammering, "O-oh I-I-I just h-heard that he h-h-had gotten into a-a f-f-fight. I wanted t-to m-make s-sure that he was a-alright a-and a-ask him a f-f-few q-questions." He internally cursing himself for having this reaction to most of the girls he sees.
    The girl nodded, and started to walk into the apartment.

"Follow me."

7. - Top - End - #217
    Bugbear in the Playground

Frank moves with Monroe and Shougo, calling out to the judgement officers as he leaves.

"I'll explain later, I've gotta help this kid. That group over there were acting like thugs and caused quite a bit of trouble, so make them run laps around the field until you think they've learned their lesson. Or until they collapse from exaustion, whichever comes first."

Frank stops as if he's realised something and looks over his shoulder at the judgement members with a mischevious grin. "Oh, and chibi-shojo-san? You should save the foreplay until you're somewhere private."

Spoiler
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by Ms.Malbolge View Post
    Listen to the Crafy one. He speaks the truth, except when he doesn't which may still be the truth hidden behind a veil of crafty craftiness.

Or something.

8. - Top - End - #218
    Dwarf in the Playground

Carver takes a moment to take in everything thats going on, apparently everyone has forgotten about him, that was fine by him, made things less complicated.

He's torn between just slinking off while everyone is distracted, and keeping the deal he made with the anti-skill officer. In the end he decides to stick around for awhile, and with that he starts walking behind Frank while whistleing a tune.

9. - Top - End - #219
    Pixie in the Playground

Shougo took Moroes' arm discreetly and nodded, an apologetic look on his face. Like Moroe, he was greatly relieved by the appearance of the pair of shockingly unprofessional Judgement members (and a little horrified, personally) as it effectively distracted everyone to the point where it was as though his recent gaffe had never been. Allowing her to guide him, he limped alongside her, the worst of his pain having been numbed by time and the ever-present crisp, rushing wind of the rooftop.

"Sorry for being such a bother, senpai. I almost messed up there..."
    Last edited by Lord-Cao-Cao; 2011-11-05 at 01:44 PM.

10. - Top - End - #220
    Atrum-Persavor
    Guest in the Playground

Ren stands there for a moment, glaring at Frank and mouthing something, before turning back to face the mob of terrified students, his voice professional once more.

"...Lot of you stay on the ground. Anti-Skill is on the way. You're all down for rioting. Get up, and I'll put it as one count of resisting arrest."

11. - Top - End - #221
    Ettin in the Playground

Shougo's apology was waved away before he'd even finished saying it. The idea that such a minor slip could make him think of himself as a 'bother' after everything he'd done said a lot about the standards he set for himself. Moroe resolved to get him out of the area as fast as possible, before he had time to think up any more minor slights to regret. And so, at long last, the two of them walked arm in arm (not like that) down the school's stairs, towards somewhere which would hopefully be a lot more peaceful.

{OOC: Barring any objections, I'm going to skip ahead a bit here. There doesn't seem much point in narrating the two of them travelling to the hospital and explaining everything that happened to the authorities.}

A hospital in District 13

In the end, everything had gone surprisingly smoothly. The trip had been quick, the hospital staff had done their jobs admirably, and Anti-skill extracted the details they needed with a minimum of fuss. Now Shougo could finally lie back in his very well furnished room (Moroe had spared no expense) and get some much needed rest. The person sitting by his bed looked like she could use some rest too, but right now she was more interested in making sure that everything was to his satisfaction.

"...So anyway, you're free to stay as long as you want. I've checked up on the people who'll be caring for you and they all seem very competent, but if you don't like them we can get them replaced. Is your bed all right? They can change that too. How about the curtains? I think that they're a little gaudy myself..."

12. - Top - End - #222

Frank was waiting in the hallway outside the hosptial room, leaning against the wall next to the door, to make sure no-one disturbs the two of them.

Besides, he has some questions about all this.

Spoiler
    Show

Listen to the Crafy one. He speaks the truth, except when he doesn't which may still be the truth hidden behind a veil of crafty craftiness.

Or something.

13. - Top - End - #223
    Orc in the Playground

BlackDragon

Tobio

Tobio silently follows her, feeling that he should keep his mouth closed to avoid more embarrassmen.

14. - Top - End - #224
    Ogre in the Playground

[Tobio]

Inside, the walls, floor, and ceiling are elaborately painted to look like a desert, and, at least in this room, there is no furniture.

Alia continues on. If Tobio follows, they'll go down a hall, which is painted to look like a crevice in a cliff face, and emerge into another unfurnished room, painted to appear as though the occupant is standing in a small open space, surrounded by rock walls.

15. - Top - End - #225
    Orc in the Playground

BlackDragon

Tobio

He continues to follow as he silently takes in the decor. He is quite impressed by it but feels as though it would be better if it was a little colder.

16. - Top - End - #226
    Ogre in the Playground

[Tobio]

Alia heads into a doorway, painted to look like a cave mouth. If he follows, he'll see yet another unfurnished room, made to appear like a tunnel, with the next door being painted rather oddly.

If he's read Dune, he may recognize that the door has been made to appear like a moisture lock.

17. - Top - End - #227
    Orc in the Playground

BlackDragon

Tobio

He looks at the door as he continues following her. "U-um miss? I-I could be wr-wr-wrong, b-b-but is th-that door fashioned after a-a-a moisture lock?"

18. - Top - End - #228
    Ogre in the Playground

[Tobio]

She grins.

"Yep, it is. My name is Alia, so we decided that it was an appropriate theme for the place."

19. - Top - End - #229
    Dwarf in the Playground

Carver, standing out in the hallway next to Frank says with a grin.

"So, are you curious about what they're doing in there? I have a few ideas, but they're probobly way off base."

Carver stands with a few dandages on his bruises and few minor cuts, beyond that he managed to escape the whole situation unscathed. Well his eyes still stung a bit, but he'd get over it.

20. - Top - End - #230
    Orc in the Playground

BlackDragon

Tobio

Seeing the girl smile a sparkling background seems to appear behind her in Tobio's eyes. A blush colors his face once more before he rapidly starts shaking his head before he deciedes he should introduce himself as well. "O-oh uh my n-name is Tobio, Tobio Ishida!"

21. - Top - End - #231
    Ogre in the Playground

[Tobio]

"It's nice to meet you, Tobio."

With that, she pulled open the odd door, and stepped inside the room.

22. - Top - End - #232

Frank closes his eyes and leans his head back. "It's not our business kid. After something like that they deserve a few moments of peace together"

Frank exhales deeply

"Now's as good a time as any for you to tell me what I want to know. Who are you and why were you at that school?"

Spoiler
    Show

Or something.

23. - Top - End - #233
    Orc in the Playground

BlackDragon

Tobio

Tobio follows after silently punching himself in the head for his incredible shyness. He stops this as they enter the room though.

24. - Top - End - #234
    Ogre in the Playground

[Tobio]

This room actually has some furniture - a bunk bed, a desk, and a few chairs - and is painted to look like the interior of a sietch.

Sitting on the bed is a tall boy, wearing a black t-shirt with long sleeves, and black jeans.

"Hello, Baroness."

Looking over at Tobio, he says "So, who are you?"

25. - Top - End - #235
    Orc in the Playground

BlackDragon

Tobio

Calling on his Concentration that he usually uses with his power to attempt to not make a fool of Judgement. "Ohayo, Jonathan-san. I am Tobio Ishida of Judgement, now don't be alarmed. I just came here to make sure that you were okay from the scuffle you got into and ask you some question about it."

26. - Top - End - #236
    Ogre in the Playground

[Tobio]

"I'll be fine. As for the questions, ask away."

27. - Top - End - #237
    Dwarf in the Playground

Laughing for a moment Carver then grows serious.

Well to start my names Carver, Carver Arbern.

At first, it was merely curiosity. I had been wandering around the city when I found myself outside the school. I decided it would be interesting to try and pull something, an innocent prank mind you, not at all what happened. That was when I heard Souji on the announcement, and I knew things were going to egt interesting so I decided to stick around. I'll spare you some of the other details but after a little while my reasons for being there changed. At first, Like I said, it was curiosity, but after that, it was business.
    Last edited by Cole10000; 2011-11-05 at 05:47 PM.

28. - Top - End - #238

Frank opens an eye and looks at Carver "Fair enough, I can believe that. But why weren't you at your own school? You got problems there, or are you just bored?"

Spoiler
    Show

Or something.

29. - Top - End - #239
    Dwarf in the Playground

Taking a moment to look at the ceiling Carver says.

Well, I suppose, It's a little of both. I heard some people that don't very much care for me, I believe they're part of some obscure skill-out gang.

They tried to jump me once and I proceded to hypnotise the crap out of them. They've been after me ever since.

I had heard they were planning on jumping me on my way to school today, I decided it was best to call judgement and avoid the area for the day. There was part of me just wanting to aviod a certain lecture though.

with that Carver just shrugs and looks at Frank.

I truthfully never expected things to end up like this if you know what i mean, and after this I want to do more to help people. I'm planning on quiting my current job and maybe joining judgement.
    Last edited by Cole10000; 2011-11-05 at 05:56 PM.

30. - Top - End - #240
    Orc in the Playground

BlackDragon

Tobio

He nods as he proceeds with his questions.Okay, first off while I know that the fight happened I know little about it so could you answer some basic questions? You know like who you were fighting, what did they look like, who started the fight, why the fight happened, and what happened to your opponent.