New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 3 of 50 FirstFirst 1234567891011121328 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #61
    Dwarf in the Playground

Default Re: League of Legends XXIV: Today's Noob Strat, Tomorrow's New Meta

Renekton Bot's Renekton Judgement was entertaining, I don't know about any others really.

2. - Top - End - #62
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Eldariel View Post
    Fiddles isn't really that bad in lane, he just has some bad MUs. Ideally, you place him against someone without a stun and watch him walk all over them. He's probably better on top than in mid, actually. Yeah, his pushing isn't the best but Dark Wind does alright. I mean, yeah, I wouldn't want to be Fiddle against Anivia, but I wouldn't want to be a lot of things against Anivia.
    See, the problem is that 95% of viable junglers also do fairly well top. I guess it all just comes down to the enemy comp. So run this comp in normal draft pick?

Quote Originally Posted by Raistlin1040 View Post
    Harrowing Runes are up, it appears. Dodge, Flat Health, and Movespeed ones are very close to their Tier 3 counterparts for half the cost. MPen one is .14 less penetration, ArPen one is .25 less Penetration, AP one is .39 less AP. All are basically the prices of tier 2 runes for close to tier 3 benefit.
    Bleh. I'd rather just pay full price for the real McCoy.

Quote Originally Posted by Daverin View Post
    ...I loved when Skarner ulted me. Next to their turret, with all 5 there. I lived.
    Along these lines, maybe it was the player, but I never really cared if Skarner was there. He maybe had one successful gank on us, but we weren't being as careful as we could have been and our deaths were probably more due to our carelessness than his presence. Skarner is just so meh, even post buff. His ult barely moves anyone at all, especially if there are slows or stuns being thrown around (read: every game). Is there a video out there of someone actually playing Skarner well (no, Phreak playing against people who are intentionally feeding him doesn't count)?
    Awesome avatar by starwoof

3. - Top - End - #63
    Ettin in the Playground

I've never bought Riot points....

But I'm about to spend 35 bucks for the champs and their Halloween skins.

Except Blitzcrank. I don't like him or his skin.

4. - Top - End - #64
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by ArcanistSupreme View Post
    Is there a video out there of someone actually playing Skarner well (no, Phreak playing against people who are intentionally feeding him doesn't count)?
    Skarner's main problem is that he really, really needs to get his farm on. Or get fed. He needs to build AD and AP and tanky if he wants to be effective, so if he has just an average amount of gold you can more or less ignore him.

Possible solutions are gold items or just carefully feeding him assists until he can start taking kills for himself.
    I write a gaming blog. It also hosts my gaming downloads:

Fatescape - FATE-based D&D emulator, for when you want D&D flavour but not D&D complexity.
    Exalted Mass Combat Rules - Because the ones in the core book suck.

5. - Top - End - #65
    Troll in the Playground

I dunno. I've only been playing since Christmas, so I always thought that they were just the same thing with goofy pictures. That's way lame if they aren't.
    Difference between Tier 3 Dodge and Tier 2.5 Dodge quints, assuming Dodge Seals, Masteries, and Ninja Tabi: 0.28%. Decreases if you're Jax or Sivir.

Difference betweeen Tier 3 Movement Speed and Tier 2.5 Movement Speed quints, assuming between base 300 and 330 movement and boots 2: 1.221 to 1.32 points of movement.

Difference between Tier 3 HP and Tier 2.5 HP runes: 6 hp.
    Last edited by ex cathedra; 2011-10-19 at 04:31 PM.

6. - Top - End - #66

Quote Originally Posted by aethernox View Post
    Difference between Tier 3 Dodge and Tier 2.5 Dodge quints, assuming Dodge Seals, Masteries, and Ninja Tabi: 0.28%. Decreases if you're Jax or Sivir.

Difference betweeen Tier 3 Movement Speed and Tier 2.5 Movement Speed quints, assuming between base 300 and 330 movement and boots 2: 1.221 to 1.32 points of movement.

But how many times have you just barely been out of range of a skillshot that would have dealt the killing blow, or escaped with under 18 health? Sure, situations like these are pretty rare, but it's so awesome when they happen that's it's totally worth the extra IP.

EDIT:
    Quote Originally Posted by Bendraesar View Post

I'm just praying that Nocturne goes on sale this weekend so I can buy him and his relatively cheap skin. Please refrain from reminding me that he just went on sale in August so I can continue to hold on to my false hope.

But how can you not like Blitzcrank?!?!?one?1 He's so fun to play and that skin is freaking hilarious.
    Last edited by ArcanistSupreme; 2011-10-19 at 04:47 PM.

7. - Top - End - #67
    Troll in the Playground

Zombie

If you're level 20 and want a rune, then these are perfect.

If you're me, have almost all the runes you need, 8 rune pages, most of the champions, then why not wait till you can afford the "real McCoy?"

8. - Top - End - #68
    Colossus in the Playground

See, the problem is that 95% of viable junglers also do fairly well top. I guess it all just comes down to the enemy comp. So run this comp in normal draft pick?
    I've done weirder things. You could also just run like Shen or Jarvan or Cho or something and have 2 Tanky DPS guys, Karthus, Ezreal & Alistar. Alistar is the best jungling support (also able to solo lane though same certainly goes for Janna) and Karthus is a fine soloing AP that also has a good jungle.

Cho, Kart, Ez, Alistar, Lee Sin would be pretty optimal. All of them can sololane, many of those form rather brutal duolane comboes (Karthus with anyone to CC people really, really hurts for instance; Ez/Alistar is obvious, Leelistar is hilarious and Ezkart has like the highest raw damage output of anything in the game).
    Last edited by Eldariel; 2011-10-19 at 05:19 PM.
    Campaign Journal: Uncovering the Lost World - A Player's Diary in Low-Magic D&D (Latest Update: 8.3.2014)
    Being Bane: A Guide to Barbarians Cracking Small Men - Ever Been Angry?! Then this is for you!
    SRD Averages - An aggregation of all the key stats of all the monster entries on SRD arranged by CR.

9. - Top - End - #69

When I mentioned that anecdote, it wasn't so much the Skarner, as the everyone else should've been wailing on me (plus, his slightly longer ult timer.) Of course, they were being attacked as well, and there is no why I was being focused by everyone, but I still was now primary target. And I lived. It felt awesome.
    Awesome avatar by Abscondcrow

Spoiler
    Show
    Former awesome avatar by Zefir.

10. - Top - End - #70
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Eldariel View Post
    Fiddles isn't really that bad in lane, he just has some bad MUs. Ideally, you place him against someone without a stun and watch him walk all over them. He's probably better on top than in mid, actually. Yeah, his pushing isn't the best but Dark Wind does alright. I mean, yeah, I wouldn't want to be Fiddle against Anivia, but I wouldn't want to be a lot of things against Anivia.
    Fiddle isn't going to be your first choice for the middle, but I think he's a viable counterpick against certain champions. Know Akali is going to solo top? Let Fiddle solo top against her, laugh at her when her smokescreen does nothing. They have vlad? put fiddle in a lane with him and smirk when he tries to trollpool out of drain.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Herman View Post
    I just found a dead cat in my quern. I guess someone was trying to make cat bread.
    Props go out to kwarkpudding for the awesome avatar!

11. - Top - End - #71

Quote Originally Posted by Daverin View Post
    When I mentioned that anecdote, it wasn't so much the Skarner, as the everyone else should've been wailing on me (plus, his slightly longer ult timer.) Of course, they were being attacked as well, and there is no way I was being focused by everyone, but I still was now primary target. And I lived. It felt awesome.
    I'm not saying that you didn't escape/play like a baws, I was just commenting on how lackluster the Skarner ult buff was. I'm actually hoping that he goes FotM just so people figure out how to play him.

12. - Top - End - #72
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Bendraesar View Post

Blitzcrank didn't get a halloween skin.

Annie got one, Nidalee got one, Nocturne got one, and I think the last one is a Gragas skin (it is clearly a Gragas skin because it has a nose and facial hair and everybody knows robots don't have noses or facial hair.)
    Spoiler
    Show

13. - Top - End - #73
    Troll in the Playground

But how many times have you just barely been out of range of a skillshot that would have dealt the killing blow, or escaped with under 18 health? Sure, situations like these are pretty rare, but it's so awesome when they happen that's it's totally worth the extra IP.
    Those numbers are not per-rune. Those are for full sets. The values per-rune are those numbers divided by three.
    Last edited by ex cathedra; 2011-10-19 at 05:21 PM.

14. - Top - End - #74
    Troll in the Playground

Zombie

So I realized something today.

If you can run a Carry solo top, and can get Morgana. Morgana+Support lane completely counters aggressive bottom lanes like Taric+Caitlyn.

You solve the problem of needing a mage (who does damage early game through levels) by having 2 mages, you solve the problem of the AD by picking Ezreal or Vayne to solo top. The worst that can happen is a level 2 gank top, and those can be prevented by careful CVs and Wards/Traps early game.

15. - Top - End - #75

Those numbers are not per-rune. Those are for full sets. The values per-rune are those numbers divided by three.
    But...but...but...how many times have you escaped with less than six health? Totally worth the 3000 extra IP. Totally.

16. - Top - End - #76
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by toasty View Post
    If you're level 20 and want a rune, then these are perfect.

If you're me, have almost all the runes you need, 8 rune pages, most of the champions, then why not wait till you can afford the "real McCoy?"
    I would buy the Dodge quints if there was a champion on which Dodge Quints were worth using. I might have bought the movespeed quints if I didn't have a set, but none of the others seem worth buying.

Edit:
    But...but...but...how many times have you escaped with less than six health? Totally worth the 3000 extra IP. Totally.
    ... Totally.

17. - Top - End - #77

... Totally.
    I typed out "worth it" so it's true.

18. - Top - End - #78
    Ogre in the Playground

Stinking Riot! You Told Me Graves Passive Was True Grit! I Want My True Grit! It Sounded So Much Cooler And Actually Made Sense!

Also, I see no harrowing runes in the store. Do I have to fill some kind of prerequisite for them or what?
    Last edited by tribble; 2011-10-19 at 05:31 PM.
    I just found a dead cat in my quern. I guess someone was trying to make cat bread.

19. - Top - End - #79
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by tribble View Post
    Stinking Riot
    You Told Me Graves Passive Was True Grit
    I Want My True Grit It Sounded So Much Cooler And Actually Made Sense
    You're really bad at Haikus.

20. - Top - End - #80
    Ogre in the Playground

You're really bad at Haikus.
    It was meant to be an ALLCAPS rant, but the boards filter them.

21. - Top - End - #81
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by tribble View Post
    Also, I see no harrowing runes in the store. Do I have to fill some kind of prerequisite for them or what?
    They're listed under Tier 2.

I got a Ghosly Speed Quint, as movespeed is what I generally see recommended for quints unless a champ really need another stat (like Jax with Dodge). My other quint (not level 30 yet) is Avarice, as I find that's a good general-purpose one as well. More gold is good.
    Quote Originally Posted by jamieth View Post
    ...though Talla does her best to sound objective and impartial, it doesn't cover stuff like "ask a 9-year-old to tank for the party."
    My Homebrew

22. - Top - End - #82
    Troll in the Playground

Zombie

I would buy the Dodge quints if there was a champion on which Dodge Quints were worth using. I might have bought the movespeed quints if I didn't have a set, but none of the others seem worth buying.
    Dodge Quints are the most effective way to counter Auto-attacking heroes like Vayne, Ashe, Miss Fortune, Udyr, Warick (early game), Gangplank and even Chogath somewhat, in Lane.

I run Dodge runes on the majority of my top solo champions. On a few I run Armor, on a few others I run Mana Regen. I also take Nimbleness and get Ninja Tabi. Its a very efficient form of EHP if the enemy comp allows it.

Dodge runes are amazing. i'm not sure why you're dissing them.

... Totally.
    Seeing as I've invested something 6% of my life into this game since I started playing it (yes, I did the math. Yes, I am somewhat ashamed of that number) I don't see why saving up a little bit more better runes is a bad idea.

Having said that: yeah, if you aren't like me and don't play this game a lot, then feel free to buy the cheaper ones.

23. - Top - End - #83
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by toasty View Post
    Dodge Quints are the most effective way to counter Auto-attacking heroes like Vayne, Ashe, Miss Fortune, Udyr, Warick (early game), Gangplank and even Chogath somewhat, in Lane.

I run Dodge runes on the majority of my top solo champions. On a few I run Armor, on a few others I run Mana Regen. I also take Nimbleness and get Ninja Tabi. Its a very efficient form of EHP if the enemy comp allows it.

Dodge runes are amazing. i'm not sure why you're dissing them.
    Dodge SEALS are amazing. They're one of the single best purchases I've made. I really dislike champions on which I can't/shouldn't run Nimbleness+Dodge seals. They are certainly amazing.

I just don't feel like the quints are nearly as good, or worth their slots.

Out of those champions, dodge doesn't work against: Tumble, Silver Bolts, Tiger Stance, Parrrley!, or Vorpal Spikes (the bonus damage, that is), to my knowledge. Even then, 19% dodge is generally quite an acceptable amount. I'd rather have 4.5% flat movespeed, 8.whatever HP/5, or 7 flat AD than ~4% extra dodge in a lot of cases. The comparison is much worse if they only have a single primarily auto-attack based champion.

24. - Top - End - #84
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Litewarior View Post
    Renekton Bot's Renekton Judgement was entertaining, I don't know about any others really.
    The Garen fan judgement was also memorable. @_@

25. - Top - End - #85
    Troll in the Playground

Zombie

Dodge SEALS are amazing. They're one of the single best purchases I've made. I really dislike champions on which I can't/shouldn't run Nimbleness+Dodge seals. They are certainly amazing.
    Oh, that's a point, actually. Yeah. I run HP regen Quints for my "never die, AFK farm" top lane heroes.
    Last edited by toasty; 2011-10-19 at 06:23 PM.

26. - Top - End - #86

Not knowing what runes to buy, I got two (Halloween) quintessences of health. Then I find out I need to be level 20 to use both. I'm level 18 right now.

Last edited by LordShotGun; 2011-10-19 at 06:10 PM.

27. - Top - End - #87
    Colossus in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Duos View Post
    Blitzcrank didn't get a halloween skin.

Annie got one, Nidalee got one, Nocturne got one, and I think the last one is a Gragas skin (it is clearly a Gragas skin because it has a nose and facial hair and everybody knows robots don't have noses or facial hair.)
    Blitz didn't but Totally Not Blitzcrank did.
    Campaign Journal: Uncovering the Lost World - A Player's Diary in Low-Magic D&D (Latest Update: 8.3.2014)
    Being Bane: A Guide to Barbarians Cracking Small Men - Ever Been Angry?! Then this is for you!
    SRD Averages - An aggregation of all the key stats of all the monster entries on SRD arranged by CR.

28. - Top - End - #88

Well, it clearly is not Blitzcrank, but whoever it is needs to tuck their tie in!

EDIT: And Grave's passive is named correctly, it is just misnamed in the client. They promised to fix it.
    Last edited by Daverin; 2011-10-19 at 07:20 PM.
    Awesome avatar by Abscondcrow

Spoiler
    Show
    Former awesome avatar by Zefir.

29. - Top - End - #89
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Joran View Post
    The Garen fan judgement was also memorable. @_@
    I remember reading a Cho'Gath fan judgement that was pretty badass. Cho said he didn't really want to join the league, but he did want to destroy valoran and the league was the best place to work on that. When asked how exposing his mind felt, he asked how it felt for the summoner to expose it. very cool stuff.

30. - Top - End - #90
    Troll in the Playground

Just wondering, should I buy Morgana or Amumu?
    Steam username is Triscuitable.
    I got VAC banned in COD: Ghosts for using an FOV changer.
    I try not to think of how sad that is.