New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 37 of 50 FirstFirst ... 12272829303132333435363738394041424344454647 ... LastLast
Results 1,081 to 1,110 of 1472
  1. - Top - End - #1081
    Firbolg in the Playground

Default Re: Request a Homebrew: Thread 2!

H994. For the maneuver side, you may wish to consider the Vanguard Class and Lightning Fox Discipline. It's basically all about mobility, and the it's been playtested and tweaked accordingly by several playgrounders and myself.

For the psionics, you might want to consider a prestige class like War Mind, with it's own progression. Something like Vanguard 5/Warmind 5 would give you a good mix of maneuvers, psychic warrior powers, and Sweeping Strike, though you'd have to rely on a Mindfeeder weapon or some similar trick to get enough Power Points for the psionics to really be useful.

Alternatively, you could add an Alternate Class Feature to the Vanguard. Maybe trade out 1 maneuver known for 1 psi-like ability for a power of the same level which can be used once per day. If you trade out multiple maneuvers known, they form a collective pool of uses per day. And at even levels, you can swap out maneuvers/psi-like abilities known.

Or you could just use another class or homebrew, and borrow the Lightning Fox Discipline.

2. - Top - End - #1082

C994

I like what I've got already from Just to Browse and I'm more than likely going to use it, though I'll be making up my own list of powers open to the class... probably mainly from the Psywarrior tbh.

Still, I'll give that class a look over.

3. - Top - End - #1083
    Barbarian in the Playground

R997
    A yugoloth version of the diabolist and demonologist from the Book of Vile Darkness.

4. - Top - End - #1084
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Just to Browse View Post
    C 996
    It's not normally my cup of tea, but I can do NPCs. Questions:
    • CR or CR range for this NPC?
    • What books are OK? I'm thinking of making him a wizard.
    • What are you OK looking up / what do you have memorized really well?
    • What level of optimization is this party?
    • Since I have no idea what aging is like for a quarterling, did you have an age and description in mind?
    They are not highly optimized, they *shouldn't* be fighting this person. I figured he'd be between a dwarf and an elf for aging, he's been around for a while.

Use anything you want to make this NPC :). The Sky is not even the limit.
    Last edited by killem2; 2014-01-19 at 01:06 AM.
    Path of the Nefarious: A Way of the Wicked Journal.
    Please take a look at the adventures of my group going through Fire Mountain Games's Way of the Wicked, An evil based Pathfinder Compatible adventure path.
    http://d20evil.blogspot.com/

5. - Top - End - #1085
    Ogre in the Playground

So here we go. I tried to keep name references kind of subtle, and in the end I noticed I didn't have a good class name--suggestions would be appreciated.

Also, the copypasta may be undercooked so fair warning.

H 994a: [Cool Name Here]

HD: d8
    {table]Level|BAB|Fort|Ref|Will|Class Features|Maneuvers Known|Maneuvers Ready|Stances Known|Max Power Level|Power Points
    1|+1|+0|+2|+2|Two-Weapon Fighting|2|2|1|-|-
    2|+2|+0|+3|+3|Furious Strikes, Eye of the Storm|3|2|1|-|0
    3|+3|+1|+3|+3|Mental Tempest|3|2|1|1|2
    [/table]

Skills: Derp?
    Skill Points per Level (x4 at 1st Level): 4 + Intelligence modifier

Weapon and Armor Proficiency: The [Cool Name Here] is proficient with simple and martial weapons, light armor, and shields (but not tower shields).

Maneuvers: The [Cool Name Here] begins his career with knowledge of two martial maneuvers. The disciplines available to him are Diamond Mind, Shadow Hand, and Tiger Claw. Once he knows a maneuver, he must ready it before he can use it (see Maneuvers Readied, below). A maneuver usable by [Cool Name Here]s is considered an extraordinary ability unless otherwise noted in its description. His maneuvers are not affected by spell resistance, and he does not provoke attacks of opportunity when he initiates one. You learns additional maneuvers at higher levels (Tome of Battle, Table 3-1, p39, to determine hte highest-level maneuvers he can learn). He must meet a maneuver’s prerequisite to learn it. Upon reaching 4th level, and at every even-numbered [Cool Name Here] level after that (6th, 8th, 10th, and so on), he can choose to learn a new maneuver in place of one he already knows. In effect, he loses the old maneuver in exchange for the new one. He need not replace the old maneuver with a maneuver of the same level, but can swap only a single maneuver at any given level.

Maneuvers Readied: The [Cool Name Here] can ready all three of the maneuvers he knows at 1st level, but as he advances in level and learns more maneuvers, he must choose which maneuvers to ready. A [Cool Name Here] readies his maneuvers by exercising for 5 minutes. The maneuvers he chooses remain readied until he decides to exercise again and change them. [Cool Name Here]s need not sleep or rest for any long period of time to ready their maneuvers; any time they spend 5 minutes in practice, they can change their readied maneuvers. A [Cool Name Here] begins an encounter with all his readied maneuvers unexpended, regardless of how many times he might have already used them since he chose them. When he initiates a maneuver, he expends it for the current encounter, so each of the readied maneuvers can be used once per encounter (until recovered, as described below). A [Cool Name Here] can recover all expended maneuvers as a full-round action when not in a stance.

Alternative Disciplines: If you wish to use homebrew disciplines, you can replace Tiger Claw with Lightning Fox or Oncoming Storm.

Stances Known: A [Cool Name Here] begins play with knowledge of one 1st level stance from any discipline open to him. At [Insert Levels Here] level, he can choose additional stances. Unlike maneuvers, stances are not expended, and he does not have to ready them. All the stances he knows are available to him at all times, and he can change the stance you is currently using (or drop out of all stances) as a swift action. A stance is an extraordinary ability unless otherwise stated in the stance description. Unlike with maneuvers, he cannot learn a new stance at higher levels in place of one he already knows.

Two-Weapon Fighting: The [Cool Name Here] gains two-weapon fighting as a bonus feat at level 1, even if he does not meet the prerequisites for it.

Furious Strikes (Ex): At level 2, a [Cool Name Here] may attack with two weapons (as per two-weapon fighting) when he makes attacks as a standard action.

Spoiler
    Show
    Normally (unbeknownst to many), you can only attack with two weapons as part of a full attack. This is the nail in the coffin of TWF, so Furious Strikes is intended to fix that problem.

This is mostly meant to fix a glaring problem for TWFers instead of actually being a class feature, so if you play this way normally, you don't get any benefit from the class feature.

Eye of the Storm: The mind of a 2nd-level [Cool Name Here] is calm, even when his body is a hurricane of force. He may gain and retain psionic focus even when his power point total drops below 1 or he is unconscious (this includes when voluntary sleep). In addition, he may expend his psionic focus as a swift action to regain all his expended maneuvers (see Maneuvers Readied, above).

Mental Tempest: At level 3, a [Cool Name Here] can strike out with almost boundless energy. He can expend his psionic focus to manifest a power without paying its power point cost.

H 994b: [Cool Name Here] ACFs
    Each of these alternate class features offers a different fighting style for [Cool Name Here]s that want to try something different. They all remove the same options.
    Lose: You no longer gain Two-Weapon Fighting as a bonus feat, and you lose access to the Tiger Claw discipline.

Tornado
    At level 1, foes you damage bleed for 3 rounds, taking damage at the beginning of their turns equal to your BAB. You also gain Weapon Focus as a bonus feat, even if you do not meet the prerequisites.

In addition, you gain access to the Iron Heart (or Phantasmal Opus) discipline.

Monsoon
    At level 1, you gain Power Attack as a bonus feat, even if you do not meet the prerequisites.

In addition, you gain access to the Stone Dragon (or Abjurant Champion) discipline.

Windstorm
    At level 1, the AC bonus provided from your shield becomes a deflection bonus.

In addition, you gain access to the Devoted Spirit (or Phoenix Tear) discipline.
    Last edited by Just to Browse; 2014-01-19 at 01:57 AM.

6. - Top - End - #1086

.... Okay. That is just awesome, brilliance and epicness all rolled into one. Much better than anything I could do, that's for sure!

Thank you, thank you VERY much!

7. - Top - End - #1087
    Ogre in the Playground

C 994
    Hey, no problem. I'm happy to help.

When continuing the progression for this class, keep in mind the following:
    • He has a d8 hit die, so his mobility abilities should have at least some defensive aspects. Especially because he has so few defensive disciplines.
    • His powers only go from 1-4, so if you just import psion powers (or even some psywar powers) they'll feel pretty weak.
    • Write a skill list! I'm terribad at those.

EDIT: Homebrew disciplines added. Should be as complete as I can make it.
    Last edited by Just to Browse; 2014-01-19 at 01:56 AM.

8. - Top - End - #1088

Plan to, and once again, thanks!

9. - Top - End - #1089
    Ogre in the Playground

I think they're on the strong side, but I liked using the racial die instead. Giants need that HP and so many things scale well of HD anyways.

Also, I did all the core giant types, just in case.

H 995: Half-Giant
    • +4 Strength, +2 Constitution, -2 Dexterity
    • Medium Giant
    • Half-Giant base speed is 30 ft.
    • Racial Hit Dice: The giant begins with 1 level of giant, granting them 1d8 HD, +0 BAB, +2 Fortitude, and 2 + Int modifier skill points (x4 at 1st level). Unlike most single racial hit dice, she does not replace this hit die when she advances in her first character class (the way an dwarf or human might).
    • Powerful Build (Ex): Half-giants count as one size larger than their current size whenever it would be beneficial (except for reach, you little munchkin).
    • Rock Throwing (Ex): Half-giants can hurl rocks. The range increment for rocks is 10 ft. + 5 ft. per point of the half-giant's strength modifier. Rocks deal damage based on size (because f*** you), which is 2d6 for a large creature. Get a reasonably-sized rock when you throw it, OK?
    • Giant's Hide: Half-giants have a bit of their predecessor's natural armor. They gain +2 natural armor bonus. If they already have a natural armor bonus, they increase that bonus by +2.
    • Giant Type (Ex): Depending on the half-giant's type, they gain a different ability:
      • Fire Giant: Fire half-giants gain the [Fire] subtype.
      • Frost Giant: Frost half-giants gain the [Cold] subtype.
      • Hill Giant: Hill half-giants gain an additional +2 Constitution and -2 Intelligence.
      • Stone Giant: Stone half-giants gain the [Earth] subtype and their thrown weapons are treated as a size larger when determining damage.
      • Cloud Giant: Cloud half-giants radiate a faint mist. Every square a cloud half-giant stands in fills with mist at the end of her turn, which functions as obscuring mist. She can suppress or reactivate this ability as a full-round action and it stops working when she sleeps (so no damp clothes unless you really try).
      • Storm Giant: Storm half-giants crackle with powerful electricity. They do not gain the rock throwing ability of other half-giants, and can instead make a ranged touch attack out to 30 ft which deals 1d6 electricity damage per point of Wisdom modifier (maximum 1 per hit die). In addition, A storm half-giant can hold its breath for a number of rounds equal to 4 × its Constitution score before it risks drowning.
    Last edited by Just to Browse; 2014-01-19 at 05:56 PM.

10. - Top - End - #1090
    Titan in the Playground

C995
    Remember that single RHD get traded in for class levels, so that d8 of Giant isn't going to be relevant for anyone in practice.
    Quote Originally Posted by Water_Bear View Post
    That's RAW for you; 100% Rules-Legal, 110% silly.
    Quote Originally Posted by hamishspence View Post
    "Common sense" and "RAW" are not exactly on speaking terms
    Projects: Homebrew, Gentlemen's Agreement, DMPCs, Forbidden Knowledge safety, and Top Ten Worst. Also, Quotes and RACSD are good.

Anyone knows blue is for sarcas'ing in · "Take 10 SAN damage from Dark Orchid" · Use of gray may indicate nitpicking · Green is sincerity

11. - Top - End - #1091
    Bugbear in the Playground

HalfOrcPirate

C995
    Many thanks Just to Browse, this/these look great

Quote Originally Posted by TuggyNE View Post
    C995
    Remember that single RHD get traded in for class levels, so that d8 of Giant isn't going to be relevant for anyone in practice.
    I don't understand what you mean by this, could you explain it to me please?

12. - Top - End - #1092

Quote Originally Posted by gurgleflep View Post
    C995
    Many thanks Just to Browse, this/these look great

I don't understand what you mean by this, could you explain it to me please?
    Whenever a playable creature only has one Racial Hit Die (RHD) it gets replaced by the creature's first class level.

Humans, Elves, Goblins, Kobolds, Dwarves, all have 1 RHD to start that gets replaced by their class level.

2+ RHD creatures retain all of their Racial Hit Die and class levels get added on. Coupled with Level Adjustment (LA) this can make playing non-one RHD creatures quite prohibitive.

13. - Top - End - #1093

PirateGuy

R998
    I am trying to figure out how Nora's weapons from RWBY would look like in DND 3.5 stats but can't figure it out. So it's homebrew time :P

can someone help me work out the details on a hammer that changes into a crossbow?

some thought i had on it:
    - hammer mode is similar to the warspikard, fires a bolt on a melee hit. dmg equal to a light crossbow. except the hammer from a warspikard has terrible stats.
    - in crossbow mode does better damage, heavy crossbow maybe?

- what kind of action would the changing from hammer to crossbow be?
    - how does enchanting the weapon affect the different modes?

any thoughts?
    Quote Originally Posted by Orderic View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by swaoeaeieu
    Or maybe, i dont know... adoption?
    Don't be ridiculous. We need those orphans...
    If at any point you notice mistakes in my English, please let me know, I am always looking to improve.

14. - Top - End - #1094
    Ogre in the Playground

GreenSorcererElf

C998

The weapons from RWBY are, IIRC, more than simply switching weapons. They're also jumping aids and acrobatics tools, as desired.

You could stat it out as a double weapon, in which case each part of it, the ranged and hammer, would have separate enhancement bonuses.

That would also allow you to use both ends as if wielding two weapons.

You could probably also add the ability to increase movement speed by expending shots from the weapon, or adding a bonus to jump checks.

Just some thoughts/
    On a quest to marry Asmodeus, lord of the Nine Hells, or die trying.

15. - Top - End - #1095
    Ogre in the Playground

C995
    C 995

That certainly wasn't my intention, which is why I explicitly included RHD in the racial features (while other LA+0/no-RHD creatures don't have it). Perhaps I should include a clause?

16. - Top - End - #1096
    Titan in the Playground

C 995

That certainly wasn't my intention, which is why I explicitly included RHD in the racial features (while other LA+0/no-RHD creatures don't have it). Perhaps I should include a clause?
    C995 Yeah, I'm not sure how best to handle that case. Maybe you could give them two RHD and allow them to trade in one of them for a class level or something.
    Quote Originally Posted by Water_Bear View Post
    That's RAW for you; 100% Rules-Legal, 110% silly.
    Quote Originally Posted by hamishspence View Post
    "Common sense" and "RAW" are not exactly on speaking terms
    Projects: Homebrew, Gentlemen's Agreement, DMPCs, Forbidden Knowledge safety, and Top Ten Worst. Also, Quotes and RACSD are good.

Anyone knows blue is for sarcas'ing in · "Take 10 SAN damage from Dark Orchid" · Use of gray may indicate nitpicking · Green is sincerity

17. - Top - End - #1097
    Ogre in the Playground

C995 Yeah, I'm not sure how best to handle that case. Maybe you could give them two RHD and allow them to trade in one of them for a class level or something.
    That seems too clunky. I put a clause in that doesn't remove the 1 RHD when you take a class level, just to spell it out.

18. - Top - End - #1098
    Titan in the Playground

R 999

This is a fairly basic one but I don't trust my own math on the matter so I'm asking for outside design.

I need Metamagic Rods, with Market Prices, for Persist Spell, in least, lesser, and greater versions for there prices and uses per day.
    "I Burn!"

19. - Top - End - #1099
    Orc in the Playground

R1000

I am requesting to have Prestige Class made for my character. He is a Mul Cleric, what I am looking for in this prestige class is the ability for my cleric to look like another base class, disguising him, his alignment, and divine connections. Preferably the class should have a mount at 1rst level.
    Last edited by Ra_Va; 2014-01-22 at 04:39 AM.
    High Priest of the Fellowship of Xykon's Blade.
    Member of below-average standing in the Class-Maker Guild.
    Thanks to linklele for my Avatar.

20. - Top - End - #1100
    Ogre in the Playground

H996: Vizen Wordkeeper, Master of Dock Records of [Island Name]
    Lawful Neutral / Male (116) / [Race Name] / Wizard 5
    Init +3, Senses: Listen +1, Spot +1,
    Languages Common, Orcish, Elvish Dwarven (replace these if you like)
    ------------------------------------------------
    AC 13 (17), touch 13 (17), flat-footed 10(14)
    hp 21 (5 HD)
    Fort +2, Ref +4, Will +5
    ------------------------------------------------
    Speed 30ft. (6 squares)
    Melee -
    Base Atk +2, Grp +1
    Atk Options Scrolls
    Combat Gear Cloak of Mage’s Protection (+4 AC when activated), Scrolls
    Spells per Day 4/4/3/2
    Spell Prepared
    Level 0: Message (x2), 2 unprepared
    Level 1: Alarm, Mount, 2 unprepared
    Level 2: Whispering Wind, 2 unprepared
    Level 3: 2 unprepared
    Supernatural Abilities -
    -----------------------------------------------
    Abilities Str 8, Dex 16, Con 13, Int 16 (18), Wis 12, Cha 8
    SQ Summon Familiar (Air Elemental), Wizard Spellcasting
    Feats Scribe Scroll, Magical Artisan, Craft Wondrous Item, Improved Familiar
    Skills Decipher Script +9 (+10), Knowledge (Geography, History, Local, Architecture and Engineering) +4 (+5), Profession (Record Keeper) +9, Spellcraft +8 (+9), Sense Motive +5
    Possessions Quill of Amanuensis, Vizen’s Wax Seal, Headband of Intellect +2, Vizen’s Utility Spectacles

Description
    Vizen stands a little over 4 feet tall with tan, wrinkled skin and dark brown eyes. Strange parentage has gifted him with inherent nimbleness and a lack of common empathy. Orcish and dwarven hair patterns are dominant, leaving him bald with a thick beard and mustache. His head is shaped like a human’s but slightly smaller, and it frames a constantly-frowning face. Vizen tends to be good at routine and bad at improvisation, so his job as master of dock records fits him very well. If only such a routine required regular bathing or beard cleaning.

Regardless of his looks, Vizen is a loyal to his people and his government. He tries his best to make the red tape easy to navigate for ships, and cracks down hard on illicit deals. A lot of paper ends up getting used when overseeing [Island Name]’s docks and Vizen is loathe to lose any of it, so the dock master’s office is stocked with over 60 years of archived ship records. When Vizen can’t easily locate something, he tasks his elemental to get it.

Spells
    Spoiler
    Show
    Vizen makes practical use of his wizardly studies, leavings slots open for day-to-day activities, preparing spells for important or common events, and keeping scrolls for emergencies. He uses his spells as follows (by level):
    • Level 0: Politics always gets in the way, and having private conversations in nearly-public places has proven to be advantageous. Vizen prepares message twice a day just in case he has to avoid offending someone or circumvent spies. His open slots are usually used for unique arcane marks on important documents or prestidigitation because it’s so damn useful.
    • Level 1: When Vizen goes to work, he places an alarm spell on the office to let him know when people come in. He also keeps mount prepared in case someone comes to him to find they’re late for their boat (it happens more often than he’d like). His open slots are usually used for unseen servant, identify, comprehend languages, extra mounts (niche parts of the job) and magic aura (in case he needs to disguise important materials)
    • Level 2: When a message needs to get delivered quickly and he can’t spare his elemental, Vizen uses whispering wind. His open slots are usually used for more whispering winds, invisibility (some customers are unsavory), arcane lock, locate object, and detect thoughts.
    • Level 3: Vizen tries to stay as flexible as possible with his strongest magic. His open slots tend to be used for arcane sight, tongues, clairaudience/clairvoyance day-to-day, but he additionally traps important documents with explosive runes, nondetection, sepia snake sigil, illusory script, and secret page.

Vizen tends to write off the spell components that don’t come from his pouch as “work expenses”.

Items
    Vizen has self-crafted all the magic items he uses. He has a set of scrolls for emergencies, and some daily apparel for the most common daily activities.

Scrolls:
    Spoiler
    Show
    • Hold Portal x1
    • Color Spray x2
    • Invisibility x1
    • Rope Trick x1
    • Fly or Water Breathing x1 (depending on where the office is)
    • Mount x1

Everything Else:
    Spoiler
    Show

Cloak of Mage’s Protection: On command (a standard action), this cloak grants the wearer a +4 armor bonus to AC which additionally applies to flat-footed AC and lasts for 1 hour (as per mage armor). Vizen uses this before he goes anywhere outside—some people are keen on taking his position, and others don’t like his aggressive approach to fighting smuggling.
    Market Price: 1,800gp

Quill of Amanuensis: On command (a standard action), the user of the quill can cast the spell Amenuensis (SpC). Vizen uses this to make paperwork easier.
    Market Price: 500gp

Vizen’s Wax Seal: This wax seal is a personal pride of Vizen. It doesn’t run out of wax, requires no heat to use, and prints an arcane mark on each wax seal that it makes. The item also fails to function unless the user is trained in Decipher Script, so its use in any communication effectively ensures his identity.
    Market Price: -

Headband of Intellect +2: This is just like the SRD item of the same name, but it was the first thing Vizen ever crafted and if you ask he’ll talk about his childhood for hours. Great way to distract the guy.
    Market Price: 4,000gp

Vizen’s Utility Spectacles: Another personal invention, these spectacles allow the wearer to use read magic and detect magic on command (a standard action). Vizen uses them to detect magical traps around his workplace and home (sometimes he forgets where he puts them, sometimes enemies try to be subtle) and to read the occasional arcane text.
    Market Price: -

Spoiler: Thoughts
    Show
    Vizen's race provides him with +2 Dex, -2 Cha. I didn't put any other features in there, but you can add flavor things if you'd like.

The statblock is basically full of crafted items that provide him with utility. He has some combat spells, but if the players actually have any encounters involving Vizen, they'll probably be sneaking into his office and stealing stuff. To counter this, he naturally stacks traps on everything he owns. Everything has arcane lock on it, books have explosive runes on the cover, and so on.

I imagine Vizen like a physics or a chemistry professor--he treats his body like a container for his brain. He doesn't bathe that often or eat very well, but player's may find he's a nice guy once you get over the smell.
    Last edited by Just to Browse; 2014-01-22 at 04:14 PM.

21. - Top - End - #1101
    Dwarf in the Playground

R 1001

I need a Dire Waterbug! Or some other type of monster that floats on water and is a threat. Think these things:
    Spoiler
    Show

These guys are going to be having some serious fun with my party in an aqueduct encounter I've been planning.

Guidelines:
    -They must float on water, even on flowing water.
    -They must be CR 3-5. In groups, they should be strong enough to give a party of moderately optimized level 7 characters a decent fight (taken into account that not all of them are fully capably of fighting in water, of course).
    -Cannot be huge or larger or they won't fit in the aqueduct. Any smaller size (or even a swarm) is fine.
    -They don't have to be insects. Waterbugs are just the source of inspiration.
    Last edited by LordotheMorning; 2014-01-23 at 04:04 AM.

22. - Top - End - #1102
    Ogre in the Playground

H996: Vizen Wordkeeper, Master of Dock Records of [Island Name]
    That's beautiful. Love it. Thank you!!!
    Path of the Nefarious: A Way of the Wicked Journal.
    Please take a look at the adventures of my group going through Fire Mountain Games's Way of the Wicked, An evil based Pathfinder Compatible adventure path.
    http://d20evil.blogspot.com/

23. - Top - End - #1103
    Ogre in the Playground

R1002: I need a half-fiend half-celestial creature; that is, the off-spring of a fiend and a celestial. It needs to have 6 hit dice. CR should be within the range of 4-7. Which fiend and celestial doesn't matter.

My Homebrew-Estote clementes, et numquam desinete discere.-FanAdv

24. - Top - End - #1104

R1003
    I'm working on an adventure into the Plane of Mirrors detailed in the Manual of the Planes and...

a) Was wondering if there was a Mirror Quasielemental or Mirror Golem printed somewhere.
    b) A TN template akin to the half-fiend and half-celestial templates would be useful. Perhaps based on the Nerra from the Fiend Folio? Perhaps an Aasimar/Tiefling like race too?
    c) I could also use some guidelines for what a Mirrorverse version of an illithid Elder Brain would look like. For my purposes it psionically commands all of the Mirror Duplicates of non-Mirror creatures who enter the Mirror Realm.

Any one of the above would come in handy. They're basically in order of most to least importance. Thanks to anyone willing to make any of these.
    Game is level 11, nonoptimized Faerun if it matters.

I'm off to keep sifting through books for Mirror themed coolness.
    Last edited by unseenmage; 2014-01-24 at 04:10 AM.

25. - Top - End - #1105
    Halfling in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

R1004

I need an epic progression for the 10 lvl version of the Occult slayer. It can be found here.
    http://web.archive.org/web/201012200...ult_slayer.htm

26. - Top - End - #1106

This is the coolest thread ever. I have a couple small requests.

R1005
    A: A template that doesn't change CR, makes the creature completely blind and mute (tongue and eyes torn out) and makes it a sleeper-agent for a Lovecraft-inspired evil god.

B: a LA +0 playable ogre-like race. Medium size but still distinctly ogre-like. Fluff is a race of humans, through worship of a titanic god are imbued with ogrey goodness. Not always evil and I was thinking bonus to wisdom. (cause of piety! Pious=wise, right? right?) I'll call them the Ogura. So clever.

C: A wondrous item that lets someone make normal simulacrums with the lesser simulacum spell. Includes the need to kidnap, hook-up and do not-good things to the person the simulacrum will be of. The simulacrum always has all the memories of the person.
    BokaliMali
    Catatar By Sensate
    Shoop-da-Whoop

27. - Top - End - #1107

WhiteWizardGirl

R1006:

Crusader Variant with the Class Mechanics (aside from Manuvers) More geared towards a Mount (Something Paladin like; but maybe a little more towards animal companions/familiar level up process)

I have ideas towards it..but I don't do mechanics well enough to really do a balanced version of something like this..

I've always felt the crusader class shouldn't need stuff like Smite or Steely Resolve, since those are kinda what the Maneuvers should be "showing".
    Last edited by DrunkenMists; 2014-01-25 at 04:58 AM.

28. - Top - End - #1108
    Ogre in the Playground

C 998
    Since all is quiet on the Western Homebrew front here, I can try and take this on. But I have no idea what RWBY is and the idea of a hammer changing into a crossbow confuses me--is this sci-fi?

Anyways, questions:
    • Can you link me to some relevant clips of her using the weapon?
    • Is it OK if it's inherently magical?
    • Do you want this for a certain character (and if so, would you like it to synergize with certain class features)?
    • Do you want it to be craftable and/or purchasable? (craftable non-purchasable things tend to have intrinsic value to the crafter, like homunculi, purchasable but non-craftable items are like minor artifacts)

H 999
    A word to the wise: The simple inclusion of these options is a huge power-up to spellcasters. However, I did the best math I could to write out costs from the horrifyingly unpredictable cost for current Metamagic Rods. CL hasn't been increased from CL 17 because of the precedent set by all metamagic rods.

Rod of Metamagic, Persist
    The wielder can cast up to three spells per day that are persisted as though using the Persist Spell feat.

Strong (no school); CL 17th; Craft Rod, Persist Spell; Price 320,000 gp (lesser), 600,000 gp (normal), 1,350,000 gp (greater).

C 1000
    As usual, questions:
    • What level are you looking for to enter here, and do you have a preferred length? I'm thinking this fits into a 5-lvl PrC, and would do well for cleric 4 entry.
    • How much cleric spellcasting are you looking for? Do you mind if I only grant 3/5 casting?
    • Is there a certain class you want to look like, or do you want to look like any of them?
    • When you say "mount" do you mean a special mount?

29. - Top - End - #1109

WhiteWizardGirl

C998

C 998
    Since all is quiet on the Western Homebrew front here, I can try and take this on. But I have no idea what RWBY is and the idea of a hammer changing into a crossbow confuses me--is this sci-fi?
    RWBY is a "anime" - See link

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/RWBY

Edit: Sorry; RWBY is an "anime styled" *cough* anime From RoosterTeeth Productions; Makers of those awful Halo Shorts from yesteryear.

30. - Top - End - #1110

PirateGuy

C 998

Anyways, questions:
    • Can you link me to some relevant clips of her using the weapon?
    • Is it OK if it's inherently magical?
    • Do you want this for a certain character (and if so, would you like it to synergize with certain class features)?
    • Do you want it to be craftable and/or purchasable? (craftable non-purchasable things tend to have intrinsic value to the crafter, like homunculi, purchasable but non-craftable items are like minor artifacts)
    C998
    Awsome! someone bored enough to help!

answers:
    - relevant clip. the 'changing' can bee seen at 0:33.
    - inherently magical as in has enchantments? or that is was made, or has a magical background fluff wise?
    - i did have a character in mind, a blade of Orien i am planning to play someday. But it does not have to be specially for him.
    - It should be craftable, maybe not purchasable because it is so weird. i saw a homebrew somewhere about combining weapons that looked relevant

Thanks for the interest
    Last edited by Swaoeaeieu; 2014-01-25 at 05:00 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Orderic View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by swaoeaeieu
    Or maybe, i dont know... adoption?
    Don't be ridiculous. We need those orphans...
    If at any point you notice mistakes in my English, please let me know, I am always looking to improve.