New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Ettin in the Playground

Default The Intersect Vs The Sentinel

overdue since the end of season 4 "Chuck", when it first came to me to square these two off against one another, I have now watched the first episode of series 5 in Chuck and it seems that it's kinda happening already, only not just quite.
    sources:
    TV series "Chuck" and "The Sentinel"
    the guy who played the sentinel in the eponymous TV series (Richard Burgi) is now playing agent Decker, who is shaping up to be Chuck's main antagonist in his eponymous show, so it seems only fair to have them go at it.

the intersect of choice must be Chuck and not Morgan because
    1)it's his show
    2)his control is less than perfect on intersect powers, which seems fair since Det. Ellinson was also not very good at controlling his powers. Morgan seems somehow better at it, so far.
    3)the current intersect is short and beardy..like me..and I'm not really sold yet (the dance scene? less than credible and not really funny either)

each of them has 1 sidekick, Chuck gets Morgan, with full knowledge of Chuck's intersect status, Det. Ellinson gets Blair Sandburg.

Chuck may not call in airstrikes or other outside help other than the aforementioned Morgan. CIA and NSA resources do not count.
    Chuck may not use "the Morgan" because that would be cheating.
    Det. Ellinson may not call the precinct for backup

3 straight-up fights, using their respective skills and powers, taking advantage of their environment:
    the first fight in a jungle.

the second fight in an urban environment

the third fight in a scenario of your choice (as in 21th century earth)

inbetween fights they get healing time.
    All hail Smutmulch for crafting my avatar!
    Quote Originally Posted by kpenguin View Post
    Cursed zombies are more realistic.
    Spoiler: siggatar and previous avatars.
    Show

the Badass Monkby Avi. Aktarus by Chd. Dehro by Wojiz

2. - Top - End - #2
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: The Intersect Vs The Sentinel

Well, I have a fairly vague and limited knowledge of both shows, not much beyond the premise and a few episodes of each.

Round 1 is a contest? Sentinel takes that in a walk. I doubt he'll have time to even find Chuck before Chuck falls in quicksand or gets horribly devoured.

The other two are closer, but don't the intersect powers just let Chuck access a big database? So best case scenario he finds out who the detective is before he gets his ass handed to him by the special-forces-trained cop.
    Proof-reading is totally unnecessary in the digital age now that we have spell cheque.

Pony thread's official Element of Youtube

3. - Top - End - #3
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Eakin View Post
    Well, I have a fairly vague and limited knowledge of both shows, not much beyond the premise and a few episodes of each.

Round 1 is a contest? Sentinel takes that in a walk. I doubt he'll have time to even find Chuck before Chuck falls in quicksand or gets horribly devoured.

The other two are closer, but don't the intersect powers just let Chuck access a big database? So best case scenario he finds out who the detective is before he gets his ass handed to him by the special-forces-trained cop.
    you're thinking of intersect 1.0
    by the time Morgan finds out about Chuck and his double life, chuck has been uploaded with intersect 2.0 (or even 2.1, I don't remember)...which makes him learn Kung fu, weapon handling, or any other discipline that applies to the need of the moment... pretty much Matrix style, but with less CGI
    Last edited by dehro; 2011-11-05 at 09:56 AM.
    Show

4. - Top - End - #4
    Colossus in the Playground

Pretty sure sentinel wins. I mean, chuck has access to information that gives him training like a special services member, ellingson actually IS a highly experienced special forces operative. I call sniper rifle victory 3 times out of 3 for the sentinel. Chucks only hope is that he gets zoned out on some odd smell/sight/sound and is too distracted to kill him.
    "Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum Europae vincendarum"
    Translation: "Sometimes I get this urge to conquer large parts of Europe."

Quote Originally Posted by Nerd-o-rama View Post
    Traab is yelling everything that I'm thinking already.
    "If you don't get those cameras out of my face, I'm gonna go 8.6 on the Richter scale with gastric emissions that'll clear this room."

5. - Top - End - #5
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by dehro View Post
    you're thinking of intersect 1.0
    by the time Morgan finds out about Chuck and his double life, chuck has been uploaded with intersect 2.0 (or even 2.1, I don't remember)...which makes him learn Kung fu, weapon handling, or any other discipline that applies to the need of the moment... pretty much Matrix style, but with less CGI
    Yes, because intellectually knowing how to fight is the same as being able to.

While I can just about accept the muscle memory, there's no conditioning, physical development or reflex training.
    You can read up on mei-ai as much as you like, but no database is going to be able to teach you what your reach actually looks like to you.

6. - Top - End - #6
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Brother Oni View Post
    Yes, because intellectually knowing how to fight is the same as being able to.

While I can just about accept the muscle memory, there's no conditioning, physical development or reflex training.
    You can read up on mei-ai as much as you like, but no database is going to be able to teach you what your reach actually looks like to you.
    in the real world, I agree with you 100%.. in the chuck-iverse, it works just fine.

as for the sentinel's sniper victory... it's a solid possibility, but rather out of character.. the sniper is now a cop..and doesn't kill unless he really has to.
    Show

7. - Top - End - #7
    Colossus in the Playground

Yeah but if this is a death match, not a make an arrest fight, then he has no reason to hold back. But even if it isnt a death match, just a fight till surrender, im going to put my money on the guy who has actual experience with those abilities, not the guy who basically "remembers" them.
    "Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum Europae vincendarum"
    Translation: "Sometimes I get this urge to conquer large parts of Europe."

Quote Originally Posted by Nerd-o-rama View Post
    Traab is yelling everything that I'm thinking already.
    "If you don't get those cameras out of my face, I'm gonna go 8.6 on the Richter scale with gastric emissions that'll clear this room."

8. - Top - End - #8
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by dehro View Post
    as for the sentinel's sniper victory... it's a solid possibility, but rather out of character.. the sniper is now a cop..and doesn't kill unless he really has to.
    He could just wing Chuck (or shoot him in some other immediately non-fatal area), then close to a more suitable range of his choosing where he could use less lethal baton rounds or a tranq gun.