New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 25 of 50 FirstFirst ... 151617181920212223242526272829303132333435 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #721
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: [MLP:Fim] Bridle Shores Bar/Downtown thread 2

Quote Originally Posted by PurityIcekiller View Post
    "So what, you won't rest until you're all right? You don't look too 'all right' to me."
    "No, that's not what I...I meant 'everypony who isn't me', I can be all right later-"

"Tsk, tsk. When will somepony grasp the concept of a metaphorical rat? And from what I've heard, you'll probably get turned into one sooner or later."
    "Wait, heard what? Who's turnin' me into a rat now? Augh, I don't want t'lose the wings too..."

"You sort of were. Technically, that is. You aren't any more, though."
    Quote Originally Posted by Grif View Post
    Icy gave his words some thought, though it was clear she was not thinking of the implications. She sometimes had a one track mind like that. "Well, technically it's not foal-napping since Sandy is a grown stallion on all and he is—"
    "Wait, is this what all that draggin' off was about? I thought it was for science...er, I guess the science was unwillin', but I don't-"

Icy waved Sandy away. "You're here in the name of science and you will take that required nap."
    Quote Originally Posted by Benson View Post
    Fox Trot-Library

"I'm now traumatized, I'll never be able to appreciate feathers again,"
    He said now useless. He fell to his haunches. "The bubble pipe....it appeared out of nowhere."

*and the rest of the tickle situation*
    Too much...too many questions...Sandy shut his eyes and shielded his head against the horrible confusing mess that was this situation. All he had wanted was to help with cleanup, do some good for these ponies, and now... "Just what in the hay...what the hay is even going on anymore?!"
    I'm developing a game. Let's see what happens! Complex.

2. - Top - End - #722
    Ettin in the Playground

"I was being tickled as per my interrogation...with a feather,"
    He swoon-fainted in her tight hold.
    "Who... who dared to subject you to such dastardly methods of interrogation?" Icy asked, her voice growing chilly. Tickles are serious business apparently.

3. - Top - End - #723
    Troll in the Playground

"Who... who dared to subject you to such dastardly methods of interrogation?" Icy asked, her voice growing chilly. Tickles are serious business apparently.

"It was....remember those 'foals'...who we chased around when we all got de aged....the green and oranges ones,"
    He swooned fainted again.

4. - Top - End - #724
    Ettin in the Playground

"It was....remember those 'foals'...who we chased around when we all got de aged....the green and oranges ones,"
    He swooned fainted again.
    "Them again..." she repeated with a low voice. Oh dear, Icy might be just a little peeved about how the terrible duo kept poking their snouts into her life.

Poor Sandy was ignored as well.

5. - Top - End - #725
    Troll in the Playground

"Them again..." she repeated with a low voice. Oh dear, Icy might be just a little peeved about how the terrible duo kept poking their snouts into her life.

Poor Sandy was ignored as well.
    He unswoon-fainted and resumed relative normalcy. "What...are you doing here anyway?"

6. - Top - End - #726
    Dwarf in the Playground

((Sheesh. I can't even sleep any more.))

[You Know, That Library Everypony's Talking About]

Flower Tail gave Fox an indignant look. "Oh, cool it with the dramatics. It's not like you were humiliated in front of the entire town or anything."

Quote Originally Posted by TheAmishPirate View Post
    "No, that's not what I...I meant 'everypony who isn't me', I can be all right later-"
    "What is wrong with you?" asked Flower Tail, although with a different meaning from the one you'd expect. "What is so wrong with you that you don't deserve what other ponies deserve?"

Quote Originally Posted by TheAmishPirate
    "Wait, heard what? Who's turnin' me into a rat now? Augh, I don't want t'lose the wings too..."
    "Relax, Sandy. I'm joking, and I didn't mean a literal rat anyway. You're reminding me of when you were little, you know." Night Jewel smirked. It seemed she didn't need to be affectionate to bring about adorable awkwardness. "Anyway, like you said, you're kind of prone to changing, so at some point, you're bound to."

"Wait, is this what all that draggin' off was about? I thought it was for science...er, I guess the science was unwillin', but I don't-"

Too much...too many questions...Sandy shut his eyes and shielded his head against the horrible confusing mess that was this situation. All he had wanted was to help with cleanup, do some good for these ponies, and now... "Just what in the hay...what the hay is even going on anymore?!"
    "It's the same thing even if it is for science. And I think it was all pretty obvious. You got grabbed and dragged here, then let go when this 'Icy' realized you weren't up for it. Are you really that tired, or are you just-"

"Flower Tail!"
    When in doubt, use cute little dragons.

Game and roleplaying stuff.

The data is 1's and 0's. Life is the jazz. (Previous avatars)

7. - Top - End - #727
    Titan in the Playground

(Hope it's alright if I place these in a logical responding order, crowd scenes are just tricky to deal with overall. Curse you Sandy for knowing a ton of ponies!)

"Relax, Sandy. I'm joking, and I didn't mean a literal rat anyway. You're reminding me of when you were little, you know." Night Jewel smirked. It seemed she didn't need to be affectionate to bring about adorable awkwardness. "Anyway, like you said, you're kind of prone to changing, so at some point, you're bound to."
    "Oh...right. Not a real rat. I...sorta knew that."

Hint: He totally didn't know that.

"It's the same thing even if it is for science. And I think it was all pretty obvious. You got grabbed and dragged here, then let go when this 'Icy' realized you weren't up for it. Are you really that tired, or are you just-"

"Flower Tail!"
    "Not really the same thing; one's for scientific benefit, and one's usually for bits or property, but sometimes folks just get lonely and-" He groaned and shook his head. "-and why the hay am I even arguin' this?"

"What is wrong with you?" asked Flower Tail, although with a different meaning from the one you'd expect. "What is so wrong with you that you don't deserve what other ponies deserve?"
    "It's nothing wrong to care about other ponies, and I can take care of myself." he replied, almost snapping at her before catching himself. He shook his head testily and started to make for the door, but not before tempting fate one last time. "I'm gettin' out of here before this mess gets any worse..."
    Last edited by TheAmishPirate; 2012-04-12 at 02:16 PM.

8. - Top - End - #728
    Ettin in the Playground

He unswoon-fainted and resumed relative normalcy. "What...are you doing here anyway?"
    "I'm helping Sandy contribute to science!" Icy proclaimed. She clearly believed it too.

((Sheesh. I can't even sleep any more.))

[You Know, That Library Everypony's Talking About]

Flower Tail gave Fox an indignant look. "Oh, cool it with the dramatics. It's not like you were humiliated in front of the entire town or anything."

"Flower Tail!"
    "Oh...right. Not a real rat. I...sorta knew that."

Hint: He totally didn't know that.

"Not really the same thing; one's for scientific benefit, and one's usually for bits or property, but sometimes folks just get lonely and-" He groaned and shook his head. "-and why the hay am I even arguin' this?"

"It's nothing wrong to care about other ponies, and I can take care of myself." he replied, almost snapping at her before catching himself. He shook his head testily and started to make for the door, but not before tempting fate one last time. "I'm gettin' out of here before this mess gets any worse..."
    Tempting fate indeed. Sandy would trip over a handy ice block as he walked past. When he looked up, he might find intimidating ice bars barring his way. "Not so much Mr Shores. You promised to help science today, and the only way you can do that now is by resting."

Then suddenly! A wild Sliverpine and Gearstride appeared! Complete with deerstalker and bowler hat. And dat bubble pipe. "Hold it right there criminal. We caught you in the act!"
    Last edited by Grif; 2012-04-12 at 09:39 PM.

9. - Top - End - #729
    Troll in the Playground

Oh 'dat bubble pipe indeed.

"Yes, right you, that sexy ice queen nerd......I mean criminal....uh....That's criminal...Give us our Sandy and things will go spiffingly,"
    She demanded with a vigorous hoof shake.

"Hey, she's my sexy ice queen nerd...and..I won't let you..hurt her...or whatever,"
    He unnecessarily jumped in front of Icy.

10. - Top - End - #730
    Dwarf in the Playground

"Actually, I don't think you can, because..."

Tempting fate indeed. Sandy would trip over a handy ice block as he walked past. When he looked up, he might find intimidating ice bars barring his way. "Not so much Mr Shores. You promised to help science today, and the only way you can do that now is by resting."
    "...of that," finished Flower Tail, smirking. "Now, we need you to help us help you."

Winterflap stared at Icy in awe. She can make ice? She could help me out...

Quote Originally Posted by Grif
    Then suddenly! A wild Sliverpine and Gearstride appeared! Complete with deerstalker and bowler hat. And dat bubble pipe. "Hold it right there criminal. We caught you in the act!"
    "What? But I thought... Oh, right, you're not talking about me." Night Jewel grinned. She found this especially hilarious, given that she knew Sliverpine knew about her.

"Yes, right you, that sexy ice queen nerd......I mean criminal....uh....That's criminal...Give us our Sandy and things will go spiffingly," She demanded with a vigorous hoof shake.

"Hey, she's my sexy ice queen nerd...and..I won't let you..hurt her...or whatever," He unnecessarily jumped in front of Icy.
    Flower Tail jumped in between them as well. "Hey! If there's going to be any kind of fighting or whatever, I'm going to-"

"THIS IS STILL A LIBRARY!" Winterflap cried. This was unusual from somepony who'd mostly been staying quiet.
    Last edited by PurityIcekiller; 2012-04-12 at 10:24 PM.

11. - Top - End - #731
    Titan in the Playground

Sandy yelped as he found his way thoroughly blocked. He scrambled back from the large bars, only to trip over the ice block and land on his rump again. "*oof!* Wait, I don't remember promisin' anythin' about that. Er, did I promise-"

"Yes, right you, that sexy ice queen nerd......I mean criminal....uh....That's criminal...Give us our Sandy and things will go spiffingly,"

"Hey, she's my sexy ice queen nerd...and..I won't let you..hurt her...or whatever,"
    Flower Tail jumped in between them as well. "Hey! If there's going to be any kind of fighting or whatever, I'm going to-"

"THIS IS STILL A LIBRARY!" Winterflap cried. This was unusual from somepony who'd mostly been staying quiet.
    Flower Tail's first comment was drowned out in the sudden burst of activity. Gear and Silverpine threatening Icy and Fox, Icy trying to keep him for "science", Fox Trot defending Icy, Flower Tail apparently just itching for a fight, Winterflap yelling at everypony, he instinctively shuffled back from the conflict. The ice queen nerd might take it as another escape attempt. "She's right, there's no need for any of that..." he said meekly.
    Last edited by TheAmishPirate; 2012-04-12 at 11:22 PM.

12. - Top - End - #732
    Ettin in the Playground

"Wait, what? Why are you trying to claim Sandy—"

"Silence, criminal! We know all about your plan to make Sandy into... um... wait, we didn't hear that plan."

"Actually, I don't think you can, because..."

"...of that," finished Flower Tail, smirking. "Now, we need you to help us help you."

Winterflap stared at Icy in awe. She can make ice? She could help me out...

"What? But I thought... Oh, right, you're not talking about me." Night Jewel grinned. She found this especially hilarious, given that she knew Sliverpine knew about her.

"What does this being a library got to do with anything?"

Sandy yelped as he found his way thoroughly blocked. He scrambled back from the large bars, only to trip over the ice block and land on his rump again. "*oof!* Wait, I don't remember promisin' anythin' about that. Er, did I promise-"

Flower Tail's first comment was drowned out in the sudden burst of activity. Gear and Silverpine threatening Icy and Fox, Icy trying to keep him for "science", Fox Trot defending Icy, Flower Tail apparently just itching for a fight, Winterflap yelling at everypony, he instinctively shuffled back from the conflict. The ice queen nerd might take it as another escape attempt. "She's right, there's no need for any of that..." he said meekly.
    "Hold it right there, Sandy! You're not backing out from your promise, are you?" Icy thundered, taking a few steps to intercept Sandy.

Sliverpine crooked an eyebrow upwards. "What promise? Sandy, what the hay?"

13. - Top - End - #733
    Titan in the Playground

[COLOR="LightBlue"]"Hold it right there, Sandy! You're not backing out from your promise, are you?" Icy thundered, taking a few steps to intercept Sandy.

Sandy stopped dead in his tracks as soon as Icy shouted, the ice mage would easily be able to block his future escape. "I don't know, I didn't make any sorta promise!" He looked up at Icy a little sheepishly. "At least, I-I don't think I did? Er, what'd I say, exactly?" Thankfully, 'What the hay' was a rather vague question, and the magic considered his answer satisfactory.

14. - Top - End - #734
    Troll in the Playground

"...I'm so confused right now," She fell on her haunches and grabbed her head. "Can't we just go back to arresting somepony here?"

15. - Top - End - #735
    Dwarf in the Playground

"What does this being a library got to do with anything?"
    "A lot! You don't do this kind of thing in libraries!" Winterflap flailed around a bit to no real effect. "You're supposed to read in here! In peace!"

"Wait, what? Why are you trying to claim Sandy—"

"Silence, criminal! We know all about your plan to make Sandy into... um... wait, we didn't hear that plan."
    "A lab rat?" Night Jewel laughed. "That's not the kind of rat you'd really like to be. Take it from an expert."

"Hold it right there, Sandy! You're not backing out from your promise, are you?" Icy thundered, taking a few steps to intercept Sandy.

Sandy stopped dead in his tracks as soon as Icy shouted, the ice mage would easily be able to block his future escape. "I don't know, I didn't make any sorta promise!" He looked up at Icy a little sheepishly. "At least, I-I don't think I did? Er, what'd I say, exactly?" Thankfully, 'What the hay' was a rather vague question, and the magic considered his answer satisfactory.
    "Nothing that really counted as a promise, as far as I heard."

Night Jewel nodded. "As hilarious as it would be to make things even more awkward, I have to admit that he didn't. As a matter of fact, he was protesting quite strongly. Except in the very unlikely case that he promised to let you experiment on him before he knew he'd have this happen to him. Got any powers to see the future, Sandy?"

"...I'm so confused right now," She fell on her haunches and grabbed her head. "Can't we just go back to arresting somepony here?"
    "I agree. This is getting ridiculously complicated. I'd rather just defeat the troublemakers, make amends, and call it a day." Flower Tail flicked her tail impatiently.

"But this way is so fun!"

"Speak for yourself, you little weirdo."

"Flower Tail!"

16. - Top - End - #736
    Ettin in the Playground

"You said, you were going to help ponies. I am helping you help ponies through science!" Icy said.

Sliverpine blinked and looked back and forth between Sandy and Icy, thoroughly confused himself. "... what's going on?"

"A lot! You don't do this kind of thing in libraries!" Winterflap flailed around a bit to no real effect. "You're supposed to read in here! In peace!"

"A lab rat?" Night Jewel laughed. "That's not the kind of rat you'd really like to be. Take it from an expert."

Night Jewel nodded. "As hilarious as it would be to make things even more awkward, I have to admit that he didn't. As a matter of fact, he was protesting quite strongly. Except in the very unlikely case that he promised to let you experiment on him before he knew he'd have this happen to him. Got any powers to see the future, Sandy?"

"I agree. This is getting ridiculously complicated. I'd rather just defeat the troublemakers, make amends, and call it a day." Flower Tail flicked her tail impatiently.

"But this way is so fun!"

"Speak for yourself, you little weirdo."

"Flower Tail!"
    Icy rolled her eyes at Winterflap. "This is an exceptional situation, you have to admit," she said to the foal. "I don't think I heard him protesting his time here. Right, Sandy?" Icy said, nudging the blue pegasus. Clearly, Sandy's feeble protests flew over her head amidst the science!
    Last edited by Grif; 2012-04-13 at 08:46 PM.

17. - Top - End - #737
    Troll in the Playground

Fox caught a case of the derps and sat there just confused as he stared, mouth open. "So...you did foalnap him Icy?......"

Gearstride was getting antsy, somepony had to get their comeuppance. With mostly everypony confused she sprang into action. She war cried and made to tackle Icy, the culprit.

18. - Top - End - #738
    Ettin in the Playground

Fox caught a case of the derps and sat there just confused as he stared, mouth open. "So...you did foalnap him Icy?......"

Gearstride was getting antsy, somepony had to get their comeuppance. With mostly everypony confused she sprang into action. She war cried and made to tackle Icy, the culprit.
    "I most certainly did—" The rest of her words was bit off by a shriek as Gearstride tackled the ice mage down to the floor. The two obviously erupted into a cloud of scuffling as per cartoon tradition.

19. - Top - End - #739
    Troll in the Playground

"I most certainly did—" The rest of her words was bit off by a shriek as Gearstride tackled the ice mage down to the floor. The two obviously erupted into a cloud of scuffling as per cartoon tradition.

"Waaaah...! Shouldn't somepony stop them?"
    Panicked the mocha stallion with big round red eyes. On his haunches his sat wildly gesturing with his forehooves.

20. - Top - End - #740
    Titan in the Playground

Sandy was running out of places to slink away to, unless he somehow figured out how to melt into the ground. "If I did, I wouldn't be in this mess..."

Icy rolled her eyes at Winterflap. "This is an exceptional situation, you have to admit," she said to the foal. "I don't think I heard him protesting his time here. Right, Sandy?" Icy said, nudging the blue pegasus. Clearly, Sandy's feeble protests flew over her head amidst the science!
    Sandy stared back at the ice mage incredulously. "B-but...I was sayin' so the whole time! I-I don't mind helpin' and all, but just not-"

And, like clockwork, the clarification that could've spared them all this trouble was cut off in the melee. Sandy could only gape in disbelief as his friends scuffled before his eyes.

(I'm going to wait for others to respond to this first. Depending on the outcome, Sandy might do something interesting...)

21. - Top - End - #741
    Ettin in the Playground

"Waaaah...! Shouldn't somepony stop them?"
    Panicked the mocha stallion with big round red eyes. On his haunches his sat wildly gesturing with his forehooves.
    Sandy was running out of places to slink away to, unless he somehow figured out how to melt into the ground. "If I did, I wouldn't be in this mess..."

Sandy stared back at the ice mage incredulously. "B-but...I was sayin' so the whole time! I-I don't mind helpin' and all, but just not-"

And, like clockwork, the clarification that could've spared them all this trouble was cut off in the melee. Sandy could only gape in disbelief as his friends scuffled before his eyes.

(I'm going to wait for others to respond to this first. Depending on the outcome, Sandy might do something interesting...)
    "Gear! What the hay you think you're doing?!" Sliverpine cried, trying to gallop in to break up the fight... and was swiftly kicked to the side with two simultaneous forehoof to his rear.

22. - Top - End - #742
    Troll in the Playground

"Gear! What the hay you think you're doing?!" Sliverpine cried, trying to gallop in to break up the fight... and was swiftly kicked to the side with two simultaneous forehoof to his rear.

"Trying to detain....the kidnapper..!"
    Her voice came from that dust cloud of scrapping.

23. - Top - End - #743
    Dwarf in the Playground

[The Library, Because We Can]

"This is ridiculous!" Winterflap made for the door.

Flower Tail tried to fling vines into the big ball of violence, but naturally had them accidentally knocked back onto her, tangling her up.

Night Jewel just watched in amusement. If any of the food Icy had brought was left, she helped herself to it.

24. - Top - End - #744
    Titan in the Playground

[Sandy - The Library - Oh, Snap!]

Sandy watched as, one after the other, his friends either did nothing or got butted out of the fight. The pegasus stood up, whole body shaking as he advanced on the cloud of violence with a strange look in his eye. "Gear? Icy? C-Come on, there's nothin' t'be fightin' over, n-nopony's hurt, s-somepony will be if you carry on like this, so just c-cut it out, alright? Guys? C-c'mon, guys...cut it out..." He panted and trembled, watching his quiet words get drowned out in his friends' brawl. Without warning, his wings flared and the pegasus shouted as loud as he could,

"I SAID CUT IT OUT!"
    Last edited by TheAmishPirate; 2012-04-14 at 05:12 PM.

25. - Top - End - #745
    Titan in the Playground

Smoothie went to her library for a nap. She didn't bother walking, she just teleported back and locked the door to her private room.

She then laid down for her nap, and would sleep peacefully for a couple of hours unless the crazy ponies in the library woke her up.

26. - Top - End - #746
    Troll in the Playground

[Sandy - The Library - Oh, Snap!]

Sandy watched as, one after the other, his friends either did nothing or got butted out of the fight. The pegasus stood up, whole body shaking as he advanced on the cloud of violence with a strange look in his eye. "Gear? Icy? C-Come on, there's nothin' t'be fightin' over, n-nopony's hurt, s-somepony will be if you carry on like this, so just c-cut it out, alright? Guys? C-c'mon, guys...cut it out..." He panted and trembled, watching his quiet words get drowned out in his friends' brawl. Without warning, his wings flared and the pegasus shouted as loud as he could,

"I SAID CUT IT OUT!"

And then suddenly, mostly everything just froze. Gearstride was in mid pinning the icy mare with a confused look, surprised to hear such a decibel level from Sandy.

27. - Top - End - #747
    Ettin in the Playground

And then suddenly, mostly everything just froze. Gearstride was in mid pinning the icy mare with a confused look, surprised to hear such a decibel level from Sandy.
    Icy lay on her back, her blue eyes staring confusedly at Sandy as well.

Sliverpine just gaped, his mouth falling wide open.

28. - Top - End - #748
    Dwarf in the Playground

[Library]

Night Jewel backed up a bit. "You know things are getting out of hoof when the meek stand up like that."

Flower Tail got the vines off, then froze in place as if Sandy had shouted at that moment.

"A bit late for that, isn't it, dear?"

"Muzzle it."

29. - Top - End - #749
    Titan in the Playground

Sandy stomped over to Gear and Icy, too far gone to notice how everypony was staring at him. He roughly jabbed a hoof towards the ice mage, trembling with a manic energy that banished his exhaustion. "Icy, I've done nothin' but say how much I didn't want t'do your science right now since you dragged me over here. If you'd just sat and listened for a change, you woud've heard it clear as day. We can help all of Equestria once we've helped the ponies who need us right here, right now."

He turned his glare to the xanadu mare, a fire in his eyes. "Gear, there was no cause t'go jumpin' on Icy here. Use your eyes; I'm perfectly fine, free to move about, and absolutely not. Foalnapped. If you hadn't flown off the handle like that, we could've got this all sorted with nopony gettin' hurt."

He marched to Flower Tail next, looking down harshly at the young foal. "An' you! What were you thinkin', eggin' them on like that?! Fightin's not th' way t'solve anything for anypony, an' you shouldn't be so eager t'get in one, especially at your age."

He trotted back, shaking his head at all three ponies. "An' that holds for everypony; I don't want t'see any of ya'll fightin' over nothin' like that again. Now ya'll are gonna get along proper, talk this out, an' keep your hooves and magic down. Got it?!" He punctuated his last command with a firm stomp of his hoof.

30. - Top - End - #750
    Troll in the Playground

Gearstride stepped off of Icy with her ears lowered, she didn't think she attacked Icy out of malice or anger, she just had this energy she directed wrong, regardless, it still looked bad. The scuffed, frazzled maned mare looked at Sandy apologetically.

Fox in the meanwhile rushed over to Icy all worried and picked her up giving her a hug and patted her mane.