New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 27 of 50 FirstFirst ... 2171819202122232425262728293031323334353637 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #781
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: My Little Pony XXIX: The Spoilers have been DOUBLED!

Quote Originally Posted by goose1009 View Post
    Thank you all for the responses. I may download an episode and check it out with my April. I appreciate all the posts, sounds like a damn fine show. Im not one to ridicule anybody for what they do, so ive left the guy alone, but we're aircraft mechanics and im afraid trying to tell a grease monkey to leave a guy alone for watching the show is kind of out of the realm of possibility, so i'll leave that to him to deal with.

And I must say, HOLY CRAP you guys post fast, damn. You guys really werent lying about the community being what keeps ya here. Sounds like a great group of people here.l Keep up the fun!!
    If you like the show, all you have to do is walk up to the guy, offer a fist bump, and say "brohoof"
    Proof-reading is totally unnecessary in the digital age now that we have spell cheque.

Pony thread's official Element of Youtube

2. - Top - End - #782

Quote Originally Posted by ScionoftheVoid View Post
    Hey guys, how are ya? Got back from Newtonmore a few days ago, and have the rest of the week until I'm back to school, so I've been lurking a bit (though not nearly keeping up - I simply don't have the time anymore).

I'll probably not be reading regularly, and posts will be once in a blue moon. As much as I'd like to, I cannot coast through school on genius alone anymore (I did horribly last year, but when I told people what I got noone agreed - it was kind of frustrating), and I was spending almost every scrap of time keeping up during the holidays. If anyone wants me for some reason (however unlikely that is), they can PM me (my inbox is never full). I'm on Skype every once in a while (though I lack a camera and wouldn't use one, fortunately for you lot), if anyone wants to chat they can PM me for the name - and probably prior to any conversation, 'cause I only log in when I'm about to use it.

I feel like a complete jackass drawing attention to my leaving the thread indefinitely, really uncomfortable.

Goodbye, ponythread, I shall miss you. I'll be lurking when I can, and will never forget you - you crazy, wonderful people.

Oh, if there's a new Q&Neigh (I've heard the first three), could someone please PM me a link? Or at least a notice? Thank you very much.

Sincerely, Scion of the Void.
    *Hugs Tight*

We'll miss you Scion! I wish you didn't have to go but I do understand; there is a massive time commitment that comes with this thread. My Instant Messenger is open if you want to chat outside of the thread; and I'm sure most everyone else is as well.

I do hope to see you around the thread again once in a while. *Hugs Again*
    Avatar by DirtyTabs in the Adopt-A-Pony thread.

Thank you all so much for voting!
    Co-Winner of Rainbow Dash in the Playground!
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by TheAmishPirate View Post
    For your dedication to ponies and giving us all entertainment with your quote tree o' doom, I hereby award you the Louisianan Purchase. How can I do that? Long story short, let's just say I picked a doozy of a poker game to go "all in".

3. - Top - End - #783
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Kalinda View Post
    I have no idea who's plot they pulled that definition of amnio from, but citation needed because I can't find it anywhere.

No offense but this is exactly the kind of cool sounding but wrong information I hate to see spread over the internet.
    I think it may be an intentional misspelling of "bowel" which, while still wrong, is at least closer to the mark.

I absolutely agree. However cool it sounds, the wrongness made me cringe too.

I still say the "amniomorphic spell" has something to do with foalbirth. I'll take the implications of Twilight having an interest in such a spell over all the silly puns any day...

4. - Top - End - #784

Quote Originally Posted by Titanium Fox View Post
    *Hugs Tight*

We'll miss you Scion! I wish you didn't have to go but I do understand; there is a massive time commitment that comes with this thread. My Instant Messenger is open if you want to chat outside of the thread; and I'm sure most everyone else is as well.

I do hope to see you around the thread again once in a while. *Hugs Again*
    Thanks, really. *tentatively returns hugs*

I can probably hang around for some of the rest of the week (some, because I have a few things to get done, and because my copy DQMJ2 will be arriving soon).

Also, if anyone was actually reading Blood Brothers (note: Grimdark, second chapter is incomplete), they need to nag me about it.

In any case, I will remind people of the My Little Pony: The Thread: The Game project, both because it is incredible (Raz has an amazing mind) and because I have a good half of the posts in the discussion thread - and a not-insignificant amount of content in the main document (I procrastinate in odd ways, okay?).

5. - Top - End - #785
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by the_druid_droid View Post
    Ponythread! I have a proposal!

We, being now free from the tyrannous reign of Episode Spoilers, ought to celebrate the grand appearance of our newly-reinstated Moon Princess. And what better way than by reveling in the Royal parlance favored by her Onyx Majesty?

What sayest thou, Ponythread? Shall we speak with the Royal Canterlot diction?
    We would if we knoweth it.

Also, this is best pony music.
    Warriors & Wuxia: A community world-building project focused on low-magic wuxia/kung-fu action using ToB.

"These 'no-nonsense' solutions of yours just don't hold water in a complex world of jet-powered apes and time travel."

6. - Top - End - #786

Quote Originally Posted by Callos_DeTerran View Post

I had that on loop all night last night while writing. And the day before while writing. Eurobeat Brony is staggering in his talent.

SPEAKING OF a Rarity's Night post is on it's way. I started last night but passed out in my recliner.
    Last edited by Titanium Fox; 2011-10-25 at 10:00 AM.

Spoiler
    Show
    For your dedication to ponies and giving us all entertainment with your quote tree o' doom, I hereby award you the Louisianan Purchase. How can I do that? Long story short, let's just say I picked a doozy of a poker game to go "all in".

7. - Top - End - #787
    Titan in the Playground

Hey guys, how are ya? Got back from Newtonmore a few days ago, and have the rest of the week until I'm back to school, so I've been lurking a bit (though not nearly keeping up - I simply don't have the time anymore).

I'll probably not be reading regularly, and posts will be once in a blue moon. As much as I'd like to, I cannot coast through school on genius alone anymore (I did horribly last year, but when I told people what I got noone agreed - it was kind of frustrating), and I was spending almost every scrap of time keeping up during the holidays. If anyone wants me for some reason (however unlikely that is), they can PM me (my inbox is never full). I'm on Skype every once in a while (though I lack a camera and wouldn't use one, fortunately for you lot), if anyone wants to chat they can PM me for the name - and probably prior to any conversation, 'cause I only log in when I'm about to use it.

I feel like a complete jackass drawing attention to my leaving the thread indefinitely, really uncomfortable.

Goodbye, ponythread, I shall miss you. I'll be lurking when I can, and will never forget you - you crazy, wonderful people.

Oh, if there's a new Q&Neigh (I've heard the first three), could someone please PM me a link? Or at least a notice? Thank you very much.

*hugs* Double thy fun wherever thou goeth!

We shall miss thee

We, being now free from the tyrannous reign of Episode Spoilers, ought to celebrate the grand appearance of our newly-reinstated Moon Princess. And what better way than by reveling in the Royal parlance favored by her Onyx Majesty?

Hear, hear!

This could be a challenge

8. - Top - End - #788

Quote Originally Posted by Deadly View Post
    I still say the "amniomorphic spell" has something to do with foalbirth. I'll take the implications of Twilight having an interest in such a spell over all the silly puns any day...
    I haven't read Esper's 'fics yet (I need to, eventually), but could Starswirl the Bearded be the original author of the book that is rather important to the storyline?

And puns? We should know by now to leaf well enough alone.

SIMULTANEOUS USE OF LUNA'S ROYAL CANTERLOT VOICE AND PUN WARFARE, TALLY-HO! Void cookie for anyone who gets the reference to something I haven't read myself.

INDEED, THE EUROPEAN RHYTHM NAMED CHAOS IS MOST PLEASING! IT RECIEVES MANY POINTS, AS WELL AS DISMEMBERED GREEN FISTS WITH OUTSTRETCHED THUMBS!

EDIT: I HATH FAILED MOST MIGHTILY THIS DAY! A MOMENT AGO I DISCOVERED I THE DISADVANTAGES OF CLOTHING OURSELF IN THE DARK; I HAVE MY UNDERGARMENTS ON BACKWARDS.
    Last edited by ScionoftheVoid; 2011-10-25 at 10:18 AM.

9. - Top - End - #789
    Titan in the Playground

I haven't read Esper's 'fics yet (I need to, eventually), but could Starswirl the Bearded be the original author of the book that is rather important to the storyline?

And puns? We should know by now to leaf well enough alone.
    Well, "amniomorphic" would most likely suggest some transformation of the womb or fetus, rather than genderbending a grown pony which is what's done in that story. Still, if Starswirl fathered one foalbirth-related spell, why not others? So, I say yes, he'd make an obvious author of said book, but I'll leave that up to Esper, of course
    Last edited by Deadly; 2011-10-25 at 10:17 AM.

10. - Top - End - #790

Checking back on my posts, I forgot to wish Bleakbane a happy birthday.

Happy belated birthday Bleakbane!

*sad hugs*

EDIT: WE ARE SUDDENLY REMINDED THAT THERE WAS ONE AMONG US WHO SPOKE OF CREATING A PONYTHREAD IRC. WE WOULDST FAIN KNOW IF AUGHT HAS BEEN MADE REGARDING THE PROGRESS OF THIS MOST GLORIOUS PROJECT. We think that we should mayhap cease our use of the Canterlot Royal Voice, for it is unsightly to our eyes.
    Last edited by Gadora; 2011-10-25 at 10:27 AM.

11. - Top - End - #791
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Gadora View Post
    Checking back on my posts, I forgot to wish Bleakbane a happy birthday.

Happy belated birthday Bleakbane!
    So did we

We wish thee a happy birthday, Commander! HUZZAH!
    Last edited by Deadly; 2011-10-25 at 10:30 AM.

12. - Top - End - #792
    Ogre in the Playground

Wow, now that's an earworm. And it's really good.

...wait, the album art is by our moderator? Good work, kpenguin.
    Last edited by Athaniar; 2011-10-25 at 10:39 AM.

13. - Top - End - #793
    Orc in the Playground

*yawns sleepily, read read*

You were from before I joined Ponythread, so we don't know each other, but you'll be missed anyway! *insert something corny about how a friendship not made is an opportunity lost, in Twilight's voice* Here's hoping things go well for you in school and that you can wander back someday without feeling like you'd be sacrificing success elsewhere to do so.

INDEED WE SHALL, WITHIN MODERATION. It'll get boring and eyesore-tastic if we spam it too much.

In any case, I will remind people of the My Little Pony: The Thread: The Game project, both because it is incredible (Raz has an amazing mind) and because I have a good half of the posts in the discussion thread - and a not-insignificant amount of content in the main document (I procrastinate in odd ways, okay?).
    WE FIND THIS MOST ENTHRALLING. IS THIS THE FUN THAT THOU DOTH SPEAKETH OF?

EDIT: WE ARE SUDDENLY REMINDED THAT THERE WAS ONE AMONG US WHO SPOKE OF CREATING A PONYTHREAD IRC. WE WOULDST FAIN KNOW IF AUGHT HAS BEEN MADE REGARDING THE PROGRESS OF THIS MOST GLORIOUS PROJECT. We think that we should mayhap cease our use of the Canterlot Royal Voice, for it is unsightly to our eyes.
    Ponythread IRC would be neat. WE ARE IN AGREEMENT. Someone make this!

14. - Top - End - #794
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Neoseanster View Post
    I'll just pop in to support this.

*disappears back into the shadow*

15. - Top - End - #795
    Troll in the Playground

Callooh! Callay! Our proposal hath been received with much vigor!

Also! We regret to see you go, Scion! We shall remember you fondly and hope you stop by from time to time...

EDIT: Re - amniotic discussion.

I got curious, and managed to find this for amnion:
    Quote Originally Posted by Online Etymology Dictionary
    1660s, Modern Latin, from Gk. amnion "membrane around a fetus," said to be originally "bowl in which the blood of victims was caught" [Liddell & Scott], which is variously said to be of unknown origin, from ame "bucket," or a dim. of amnos "lamb."
    So, if it is a bowl-shaping spell, it's a rather unusual one at that...
    Last edited by the_druid_droid; 2011-10-25 at 10:59 AM.
    This Machine Surrounds Hate And Forces It To Surrender

Quote Originally Posted by Anarion View Post
    DD, your unicorn is stronger, prettier, and higher-ranking than mine, and her secret lab has a better name than mine. THERE SHALL BE NO QUARTER.
    Ponythread Learns to Draw!

Spoiler
    Show
    Bleeeeh! Alfalfa Monster!

16. - Top - End - #796
    Barbarian in the Playground

Thanks, really. *tentatively returns hugs*

I can probably hang around for some of the rest of the week (some, because I have a few things to get done, and because my copy DQMJ2 will be arriving soon).

Also, if anyone was actually reading Blood Brothers (note: Grimdark, second chapter is incomplete), they need to nag me about it.
    Definitely understandable that you have trouble keeping current with the thread. On Blood Brothers, I know me and DC enjoy what's there and if the fact that I do see some anons reading it every-now and again means they do to. Your choice to continue it or not, it is your time and efforts after all.
    I also have like 0 capacity to nag someone, so can't do that.

I'm just going to profess my ignorance, what is "IRC"?
    My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic: The Thread, The Game, The Tumblr.
    Human Crossings Avatar made by Thanqol

17. - Top - End - #797

Quote Originally Posted by Grif View Post
    I'll just pop in to support this.

*disappears back into the shadow*
    Callooh! Callay! Our proposal hath been received with much vigor!
    ...I completely forgot about this project!

I'm working on it guys, don't worry! Now to just pick out a machine I don't use much anymore to act as the dedicated host for the channel...

Spoiler
    Show

18. - Top - End - #798

Somepony must needs motivate my slothful self to the perpetuation of my ponyfic, lest it fade into unfinished ignominy like that of the rest of my poor attempts at writing. Said motivation can be of any form.

19. - Top - End - #799

Quote Originally Posted by Strife Warzeal View Post
    IRC stands for "Internet Relay Chat". It's a protocol that was popular in the early days if the internet, I believe it's source can be traced all the way back to the ARPAnet if I remember right, although I can't back that up right now and I am way too lazy to research.

Basically you download a client (You may already have one if you use Pidign or Trillian) or use a web based one (such as Mibbit). Once connected you select a screen name unique to the server, and you can join any of the chat rooms available on said server with commands such as "/list" to list available chat rooms, or "/join #[NAME]" to join channel [NAME], etc.

Spoiler
    Show

20. - Top - End - #800
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by byaku rai View Post
    Somepony must needs motivate my slothful self to the perpetuation of my ponyfic, lest it fade into unfinished ignominy like that of the rest of my poor attempts at writing. Said motivation can be of any form.
    Look how happy Fluttershy will be if you finish it:
    Spoiler
    Show

IRC stands for "Internet Relay Chat". It's a protocol that was popular in the early days if the internet, I believe it's source can be traced all the way back to the ARPAnet if I remember right, although I can't back that up right now and I am way too lazy to research.

Basically you download a client (You may already have one if you use Pidign or Trillian) or use a web based one (such as Mibbit). Once connected you select a screen name unique to the server, and you can join any of the chat rooms available on said server with commands such as "/list" to list available chat rooms, or "/join #[NAME]" to join channel [NAME], etc.
    A chat room? I can barely keep up with this thread, a chat room sounds a bit too much, to be honest.
    Last edited by Athaniar; 2011-10-25 at 11:02 AM.

21. - Top - End - #801
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Strife Warzeal View Post
    Here you go!

Basically, a chat room.

Here's a random googled image of what an IRC channel might look like:

Spoiler
    Show

Edit: WE HAVE BEEN ASSAILED BY NINJAS.
    Last edited by Neoseanster; 2011-10-25 at 11:09 AM.

22. - Top - End - #802

Quote Originally Posted by Athaniar View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    That... I... To work it is. x.x Hopefully my next post will be a new chapter.

EDIT: Damn you, Athaniar. *shakes hoof* I passed the will save to avoid making that my desktop background, but only by about 1. Definitely saving the pic tho.
    Last edited by byaku rai; 2011-10-25 at 11:12 AM.

23. - Top - End - #803

A chat room? I can barely keep up with this thread, a chat room sounds a bit too much, to be honest.
    Well it would be a possible alternative to those who can't keep up with the thread, so they can drop into the chat room and keep up with their friends from the thread from time to time. I know I'd love to get an opportunity to chat with DBC again sometime, and if we're not bound by the rules of GitP (no offense meant to KPenguin or the rest of the mod team), we don't explicitly have to talk about ponies in the chat room; and since there's no log of posts people may not feel obligated to keep up, so to speak.

I fully expect some people in the chat to not participate in the thread and vice versa. It will just be there as an offered service, and I'm perfectly happy to host it.

Spoiler
    Show

24. - Top - End - #804
    Orc in the Playground

It's official. Andrew Hussie has purged the pony from my brain with his Hussiesanity. My mind is temporarily unable to think about ponies. Does anyone have anything that can help me?

25. - Top - End - #805

Spoiler
    Show

Verily, thou art better at motivation than we are. We were simply going to use the Stare on yon slothful sluggard, as is standard for slacking scribes. 'Twould seem tradition may not always hold the best method, howe'er, as thou hast delightfully demonstrated.

Well it would be a possible alternative to those who can't keep up with the thread, so they can drop into the chat room and keep up with their friends from the thread from time to time. I know I'd love to get an opportunity to chat with DBC again sometime, and if we're not bound by the rules of GitP (no offense meant to KPenguin or the rest of the mod team), we don't explicitly have to talk about ponies in the chat room; and since there's no log of posts people may not feel obligated to keep up, so to speak.

I fully expect some people in the chat to not participate in the thread and vice versa. It will just be there as an offered service, and I'm perfectly happy to host it.
    Aye, 'twas Scion's farewell post that bought that to mind. Hopefully it'll help those who feel they can't keep up with the thread.

Quote Originally Posted by monkeyboyinc View Post
    It's official. Andrew Hussie has purged the pony from my brain with his Hussiesanity. My mind is temporarily unable to think about ponies. Does anyone have anything that can help me?
    > Think about Ponies. Really hope I got that formatted correctly, it's been better than a year since I last read Homestuck.
    Last edited by Gadora; 2011-10-25 at 11:28 AM.

26. - Top - End - #806
    Firbolg in the Playground

Dat fluttershy...

*hrk*

But I don't need that royal voice to be heard heard heard.
    Ask me about our low price vacation plans in the Elemental Plane of Puppies and Pie
    Spoiler
    Show

Evoker avatar by kpenguin. Evoker Pony by Dirtytabs. Grey Mouser, disciple of cupcakes by me. Any and all commiepuppies by BRC

27. - Top - End - #807

Try this:
    Spoiler
    Show

If that doesn't work try this: (level 5 cute hazard)
    Spoiler
    Show
    My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic: The Thread, The Game, The Tumblr.
    Human Crossings Avatar made by Thanqol

28. - Top - End - #808

Go here and begin browsing. It should only take five minutes to fix that absolute tops.

Aye, 'twas Scion's farewell post that bought that to mind. Hopefully it'll help those who feel they can't keep up with the thread.
    My thoughts exactly. That way they don't have to keep up, but we still get to keep talking to the ponies we care about. ^^

Spoiler
    Show

29. - Top - End - #809
    Orc in the Playground

That first picture kinda helped.

I think maybe I should just wait a day or two while my Ponysanity recharges.

30. - Top - End - #810
    Titan in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show

Oh dear, I just let out a fairly loud squee. Thankfully, I don't think anyone heard me downstairs. (Yay for having a room three floors up)
    Warn me next time though.