New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 39 of 50 FirstFirst ... 14293031323334353637383940414243444546474849 ... LastLast
Results 1,141 to 1,170 of 1472
  1. - Top - End - #1141
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: My Little Pony XXIX: The Spoilers have been DOUBLED!

I'm not going anywhere. I might even manage to get part two of Change of Life posted one of these days.

I would like to quietly point out that SiuiS didn't just bring up the separate RP thread to impose drama on ponythread. The fact is that the board has separate areas for discussion and RP, and rules against off-topic posting. So far we haven't been called on it, but that doesn't mean it can't happen.
    Blue Star Topaz is my name
    Equestria's my station
    The Elements define my creed
    The Herd's my destination

2. - Top - End - #1142
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Titanium Fox View Post
    Glad to hear you'll still be around.

...You know what? On that note. Show of hooves, who has no plans on leaving, no matter what the resolution to this is?
    Ya'll are stuck with my frumpy pirate rump, and you'll just have to learn to like it.

Quote Originally Posted by Dexam View Post
    I'll give two hoofs up to the idea of keeping Ponythread (largely) deregulated and all inclusive. For me, Ponythread has always seemed very organic (in a good way), with a lot of positive feedback loops happening. A great deal posted in here has inspired me, and I've a few of my suggestions and ideas inspires others - if we break that up too much, we loose a lot of what makes ponythread ponytastic!

... did I just say that?
    Yes, you did, and I just saved a copy of it, complete with screenshot, so you'll never be able to take it back.

Quote Originally Posted by Kris Strife View Post
    It's nothing anyone did, and I still like everyone and I intend to keep watching the show. I just don't feel like I deserve to be in here. Everyone else is so creative and awesome, or at least posts new pictures. I feel like I don't contribute anything except annoying people. I'm afraid that if I stay, I'm going to wind up pissing everyone off, or somehow ruin the thread single handed. And I care too much about this thread and everyone in it to want to risk that.

No, it doesn't make much sense and I'm probably just being paranoid. Doesn't change how I feel.

I really don't want to leave, but I'm afraid to stay. I'm honestly surprised I made it this long without reaching this point.
    You.

Get over here.

*hugs*

You have an OC who's main offensive power is to summon bacon. How can you be anything but awesome? I cannot think of a single time you've annoyed me in any way, and I would love to see you stick around. And you have contributed quite a lot, actually. One of the biggest things anypony can contribute is their time, and you've spent quite a lot on our little community. Don't undervalue what you've contributed, and don't undervalue yourself.

Besides, I'm not un-hugging you anytime soon, so you're just going to have to get used to it around here.
    I'm developing a game. Let's see what happens! Complex.

3. - Top - End - #1143
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by byaku rai View Post
    On a completely unrelated topic, I've been commissioned to go through the backlog of the WH vs. ST vs. SW thread and pick out the relevant posts.

All three threads of it.

Please kill me. Death by cuteness overload is preferable.
    Hate to say it but you deserve it for starting that monster. But of course you could always refuse.
    Spoiler: I'm a writer!
    Show
    Spoiler: Check out my fanfiction[URL="https://www.fanfiction.net/u/7493788/Forum-Explorer"
    Show
    here[/URL]
    ]Fate Stay Nano: Fate Stay Night x Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha

I Fell in Love with a Storm: MLP

Procrastination: MLP

Spoiler: Original Fiction
    Show
    The Lost Dragon: A story about a priest who finds a baby dragon in his church and decides to protect them.

4. - Top - End - #1144
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Rebelhero View Post
    Dear PonyThread.
    I am a forum noob. All this talk of an IRC and an FFRP is going right over my head. i have no idea whats happening.
    I can however see this community cracking under its own weight... You can only build a tower so high...
    This is exactly what terrifies me.
    *setting some background music*

You can only build a tower so high?! What nonsense is this? When the tower of friendship that you've built is knocking on the barrier of Heaven itself, you've gotta remember what friendship it was that got you there in the first place, and decide for yourself if you will just sit back and let that be your limit. Or will you push upward, drawing on the strength of the relationships you have formed to pierce that barrier! Form a double rainbow of friendship, and PIERCE THE HEAVENS THEMSELVES! THAT IS THE WAY THAT PONYTHREAD ROLLS!

Okay, this entire post is total nonsense, but it was cool sounding nonsense when I wrote it.
    "Why is it that we receive a penny for our thoughts, but have to put in our 2 cents?"

Previous Avatars:
    Spoiler
    Show

I got an award!
    Spoiler
    Show

Fluttershy in the Playground - third place

5. - Top - End - #1145
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Neoseanster View Post
    A friend was asking me about the show, and how I would compare it to Avatar: The Last Airbender... I didn't really know what to tell him, besides that it was different but still good.

That's something you probably have something to say about, eh? Eh?
    Hm, not as much as you might imagine. It's awfully hard to compare the two shows, as they are very different. Where Avatar was largely focused on an overarching storyline and was very action- and adventure-oriented, My Little Pony is more episodic and humor-oriented. Avatar could take some dark turns (starting with the main character discovering his people have been the victims of genocide, for instance), while MLP is more upbeat. Both have great character writing, but even there it's hard to compare the characters, as they're mostly different from each other. I guess you could compare the humor of the two, since both have some slapstick and goofy, character-centric humor, but that's about it really.

Zevox
    Toph Pony avatar by Dirtytabs. Thanks!

"When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty, I read them openly. When I became a man, I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up." -C.S. Lewis

6. - Top - End - #1146

Y so serious u gais?

We need a new episode. That will wipe the thread clean and make every pony happy!!

Oh hey!! Two days!! TWO DAYS!!!
    Thank you ShadowySilence for the awesome policepony avatar!
    Quote Originally Posted by SiuiS View Post
    I love my filly~

7. - Top - End - #1147
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Brazen Shield View Post
    Y so serious u gais?

We need a new episode. That will wipe the thread clean and make every pony happy!!

Oh hey!! Two days!! TWO DAYS!!!
    Er, actually, isn't this Saturday just going to be a re-run of Luna Eclipsed? I think people here have said that was the plan, since it's the Halloween episode and Halloween is next Monday.

Zevox
    Toph Pony avatar by Dirtytabs. Thanks!

"When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty, I read them openly. When I became a man, I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up." -C.S. Lewis

8. - Top - End - #1148
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by TheAmishPirate View Post
    Yes, you did, and I just saved a copy of it, complete with screenshot, so you'll never be able to take it back.
    >_>

<_<

*bribes Amish Pirate into forgetfulness with a Pipsqueak pic*

Spoiler
    Show

@Braz: sorry, but no new episode for another week. The Hub is repeating Luna Eclipsed as a Halloween special.

9. - Top - End - #1149
    Ogre in the Playground

I can understand how splitting the thread would be detrimental, but there are always two sides to every debate, and understanding them both is the key to resolution.

Personally, I don't mind the RP, and plan to stay regardless. That said, I don't have the time to read every page of ponythread. I regularly skip pages to catch up with y'all. But who knows what kind of stuff I missed on those skipped pages? Did someone post a new fanfic that's amazing but needs reviewing? Was there moment of awesome I missed? I don't know!

Part of me is afraid that whenever I get off my flank and finish the next chapter of Piece of Mind, that it'll be ignored because it'll get buried under pages of new RP posts and that it'll never get seen because everyone's skipping pages to catch up like I am. Then I'll have to repost it, and possibly get ignored again. Or not. Am I being paranoid?

I guess the main core problem is not RP itself, but the speed of the thread. Is there such a think as TOO FAST? What can we do about it?

Since we have a new IRC, that might bleed off some of the speed, so I'm inclined to take a wait-and-see approach to see if the problem doesn't solve itself.

10. - Top - End - #1150

Wha... T_T there... Not a new.....
    *runs away crying*
    waaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!!

Dude, a rerun of Luna!!! This is not a bad thing!
    I love my filly~

11. - Top - End - #1151
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Dexam View Post
    >_>

<_<

*bribes Amish Pirate into forgetfulness with a Pipsqueak pic*

Spoiler
    Show

@Braz: sorry, but no new episode for another week. The Hub is repeating Luna Eclipsed as a Halloween special.
    ...oh look at that, a random file on my computer just vanished completely, only to be replaced with a picture of the best pony. What are the odds?

*absconds*
    I'm developing a game. Let's see what happens! Complex.

12. - Top - End - #1152

Quote Originally Posted by Brazen Shield View Post
    Wha... T_T there... Not a new.....
    *runs away crying*
    waaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!!

Dude, a rerun of Luna!!! This is not a bad thing!
    A rerun of the Luna episode? Haha! The fun has been doubled!
    "Why is it that we receive a penny for our thoughts, but have to put in our 2 cents?"

Previous Avatars:
    Spoiler
    Show

I got an award!
    Spoiler
    Show

13. - Top - End - #1153
    Troll in the Playground

Ignore, ignore, ignore, ignore the ponythread drama!~

...Well, except for one thing:
    Quote Originally Posted by Aotrs Commander View Post
    Ooh, ooh! Me, me!

I have genuinely insightful and important points to make on what we've learned today.

Ahem.

Dear Princess Celestia:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Muahahahaha!

Muhahahahahaha!!

Muhahahahahahaha!!!

Muha-haaaa-hahahahahaha!!!!

Unsigned

So, I hope everypony, including the Princess, bears that in mind, as we continue to post in Ponythread.
    ..........What the-?

Anyway, image dump!

More tennis Luna! (seriously, what?)
    Spoiler
    Show

Adult Pipsqueak is awesome: (Frikkin' ninja'd!)
    Spoiler
    Show

I- bu- wha- Discomon?
    Spoiler
    Show
    Last edited by Beacon of Chaos; 2011-10-27 at 11:49 AM.
    Used to be Diego Havoc
    Spoiler: About Me
    Show
    Diego Havoc, one of the hoopier froods I've met, up there with DeLancie.

14. - Top - End - #1154
    Titan in the Playground

At Aotrs commander: You like spike fics correct? Have you read Variables? Its pretty good and very Spike focused.
    Last edited by Forum Explorer; 2011-10-27 at 11:51 AM.
    Spoiler: I'm a writer!
    Show
    Spoiler: Check out my fanfiction[URL="https://www.fanfiction.net/u/7493788/Forum-Explorer"
    Show
    here[/URL]
    ]Fate Stay Nano: Fate Stay Night x Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha

I Fell in Love with a Storm: MLP

Procrastination: MLP

Spoiler: Original Fiction
    Show
    The Lost Dragon: A story about a priest who finds a baby dragon in his church and decides to protect them.

15. - Top - End - #1155

Quote Originally Posted by Vent Reynolt View Post
    A rerun of the Luna episode? Haha! The fun has been doubled!
    I have to say that Luna Eclipsed is very nearly my favorite episode of both seasons. It's hard to compete with the awesome songs from season 1 though, I can't wait for the season 2 songs to show up.

16. - Top - End - #1156

Quote Originally Posted by PhoeKun View Post
    It may be a matter of perspective, but it's hard to deny that as ponythread has grown, it's changed along with the times. There's nothing inherently wrong with this - new blood brings new perspectives, and with them comes a change of pace and of structure. Fighting to preserve the status quo is silly, but the unfortunate side effect of everything that happens is that some members of the original group wind up feeling pushed to the side or alienated. The way the group forms can also sometimes discourage newcomers: again, it's part and parcel of having an established group. This has happened in everything I've ever been a part of, and it will continue to do so for as long as I'm alive and not a hermit.

I'm not here to condemn or lecture, only to observe and occasionally guide. I'm sad to say it, but most days I find myself with almost no interest in sharing my thoughts or opinions here in this thread. We've had some wonderful times, and I've drawn loads of inspiration from many of you and will always cherish that, but there's way too much to do in a day to be any kind of worthwhile contributor anymore. Which is why you don't see me here anymore. I'm not keeping up with the thread. I check it once or twice a day, an act with involves reading the three most recent posts. Mostly I do this to find out if the Playground is up to any new creative projects. By and large, you're not. Well, you are, but it takes the form of self contained RPs, and those are outside the realm of my jurisdiction.

I'm piping up now because your words piqued my interest, and I realized I owed it to you to formally bow out of this place. You'll still be the ones to see any new stories I write, Celestia willing I finish them, but apart from that I do believe we run with different herds. Well... that's not quite true. Shimmer will always be a part of this place, however small she becomes. It's Phoe that is being pulled in too many directions, which means this is farewell without goodbye. I'll be seeing you when I have cool stuff to share.
    Crud.

I don't know that we ever really quite ran in the same circles, but damn. You were at one point one of the pillars of the thread, and I'm sorry to see you officially gone. *hugs*

17. - Top - End - #1157

I thought there was a new episode because I saw the new episode's... Ummm... UGH WORDS THEY FAIL ME!!
    The thing on the cable box that tells me what the episode is gonna be about!!! Ugh I NEED COFFEE!!!

Synopsis!!!!!! **** YOU THEE SYNOPSIS!!!
    Last edited by Brazen Shield; 2011-10-27 at 11:56 AM.
    I love my filly~

18. - Top - End - #1158

Quote Originally Posted by Gadora View Post
    Crud.

I don't know that we ever really quite ran in the same circles, but damn. You were at one point one of the pillars of the thread, and I'm sorry to see you officially gone. *hugs*
    I know, Phoe, Bobcat, and Raz were titans of ponythread. It really is sad to see them go. Fantastic writers the three of them too. Phoe's Chasing Rainbows series were very sweet stories and Shades of Midnight was just... wonderful. If Esperderek is Midnight's father then Phoe is definitely her mother. Bobcat's stories were always fun, I liked Apples and Apple Accessories even though I don't think he thinks to highly of it anymore. I don't think I read a single story of his that I didn't like. Raz_Fox wrote Misted Stage, that right there was one of my top most favorite pony fanfics ever. I'm really going to miss having them here.
    Last edited by Bayonet Priest; 2011-10-27 at 12:01 PM.

19. - Top - End - #1159

Quote Originally Posted by Bayonet Priest View Post
    It's so wierd seeing active posters talking about having the same insecurities that drive me to lurk rather than post. We uncreative types may not be able to generate much in the way of original content ourselves but we can still stay here and offer our opinions and support to those who can. I like ponythread, it's probably the nicest place I've ever found on the internet. I'm going to stay here and I'm going to try to be more active. It's so easy to fall into just lurking and letting the smart ponies talk because you're too scared to speak up yourself.

The first forum I discovered was Spacebattles.com, I lurked there for about a year before I made an account. That was about 3 years ago, I only broke 150 posts around this time last year with the start of a Dnd game that I joined. Funny enough it was ponies and Dnd that opened me up from my lurker shell. The vast majority of anything I've ever posted on the internet was posted after I discovered MLP in early March. I don't know exactly where I'm going with this line of thought but I don't want people to do what I've been doing for so long. Let's just have fun and talk ponies.
    Yay ponies! They're cute.

Quote Originally Posted by Bayonet Priest View Post
    I know, Phoe, Bobcat, and Raz were titans of ponythread. It really is sad to see them go. Fantastic writers the three of them too. Phoe's Chasing Rainbows series were very sweet stories and Shades of Midnight was just... wonderful. If Esperderek is Midnight's father then Phoe is definitely her mother. Bobcat's stories were always fun, I liked Apples and Apple Accessories even though I don't think he thinks to highly of it anymore. I don't think I read a single story of his that I didn't like. Raz_Fox wrote Misted Stage, that right there was one of my top most favorite pony fanfics ever. I'm really going to miss having them here.
    Silly Bayonet, Twilight is Midnight's mother... and Trixie... and Luna as well.

Though, I guess we could genderbend Phoe so that Midnight has two fathers as well...
    Last edited by Vent Reynolt; 2011-10-27 at 12:06 PM.

Previous Avatars:
    Spoiler
    Show

I got an award!
    Spoiler
    Show

20. - Top - End - #1160

Rarity's Night
    Spoiler
    Show
    She couldn't stop the tears from flowing as she clutched Midnight close against her. So much raw emotion, so much power. She truly understood why Midnight had done what she did; and for the first time she gained a little insight into the way Midnight worked. Why she thought with her heart first and foremost; her emotions were so intense, every little one an irresistible spark.

She had seen through Midnight's eyes. Heard Midnight's thoughts.

Nothing she could say to denounce what had occurred that evening could compare to the things that had run through Midnight's mind in the moment. Her worries, fears, guilt, every little pang, although drown out by the romance and happiness in the air, had been there. Yet she had done it anyways, for she felt that Rarity deserved that one special night with her Prince, a royal to sweep her off her feet as she had dreamed since before Sweetie herself had even been born. All because it had been the right thing to do.

It was easily the most touching thing she had ever had the privilege to see.

"I understand Midnight..." She pulled herself away from the contact with her friend, setting herself gently on the floor on all four hooves. "You don't have to make it up to me. I promise. I... I wasn't happy to do it, but you're my friend."

She paused, and took a deep breath in, attempting to quell the tears which just wouldn't stop, no matter her will.

"...And you're a good pony Midnight. An incredibly good pony." No more needed to be said, all was understood between the lifelong friends was sealed with a quick, affectionate nuzzle.

She watched as Midnight slowly turned to leave, and with a final thought, called out for her.

"Midnight... Don't ever change. You hear me?"
    Rarity's Night

Spoiler
    Show
    Midnight felt relief flood through her. Sweetie understood. She couldn't understate how much that meant to her, somepony else who could understand why she did it, how she worked. She didn't know why she felt things so intensely, why every emotion burned so deeply, she just knew that was the way she was. Every attempt to hide it had failed. Rarity herself had lectured her on trying to hide and lie, had said to work to her strengths.

That was just who she was. She smiled brilliantly, even as the tears still rolled down her cheeks.

"You're a great pony, Sweetie..." She replied in kind, returning that affectionate nuzzle. Friends again, friends forever. "A great friend. I-I'll find some way of thanking you for what you did tonight. You might think I don't need to make it up to you...but I feel I do."

She reached up, brushing that locket of hair out of her eyes. Her hair, which had been so immaculately styled when she was Prince Midnight, had long since been reduced to it's usual unruly state. She rubbed her eyes, clearing both the sleep, and the tears from them. Now that all the excitement was over with, it was getting harder and harder to keep awake.

She was half a step down the stairs when she heard Sweetie's last words. She glanced behind her, her cheeks scarlet, and she smiled a brilliant smile. The tears threatened to return, and she nodded gratefully.

"Let...let your sister sleep. She's having some...very nice dreams right now." She whispered, and then slipped down the stairs. She trotted over to the still slumbering Spike, and bent down, giving the dragon a gentle nuzzle. "Let's go home, Spike..."

She pulled Spike onto her back, and slipped out of the Botique, to where the sun was still dawning in the sky...
    Last edited by EsperDerek; 2011-10-27 at 12:18 PM.

21. - Top - End - #1161
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Topaz View Post
    I would like to quietly point out that SiuiS didn't just bring up the separate RP thread to impose drama on ponythread. The fact is that the board has separate areas for discussion and RP, and rules against off-topic posting. So far we haven't been called on it, but that doesn't mean it can't happen.
    Indeed. What was established was that the moderators technically could ask us in a formal capacity to relocate the roleplay to the FFRP boards, but, their preference on this sort of thing in general was to let posters sort it out for themselves and to only themselves step in if there was a pressing and urgent need to and it wasn't going to be resolved without their intervention.

Hence, discussion. Thank you to everyone who's participated so far!

Quote Originally Posted by Zevox View Post
    Hm, not as much as you might imagine. It's awfully hard to compare the two shows, as they are very different. Where Avatar was largely focused on an overarching storyline and was very action- and adventure-oriented, My Little Pony is more episodic and humor-oriented. Avatar could take some dark turns (starting with the main character discovering his people have been the victims of genocide, for instance), while MLP is more upbeat. Both have great character writing, but even there it's hard to compare the characters, as they're mostly different from each other. I guess you could compare the humor of the two, since both have some slapstick and goofy, character-centric humor, but that's about it really.

Zevox
    Yeah, this is more or less exactly what I told him, only you said it with more words and better!

Quote Originally Posted by Diego Havoc View Post
    I- bu- wha- Discomon?
    Spoiler
    Show
    This is incredible and must be shared with the world.

22. - Top - End - #1162
    Titan in the Playground

Luna feeling romantic:
    Spoiler
    Show

I think I like how this one turned out.
    Last edited by Deadly; 2011-10-27 at 12:20 PM.

23. - Top - End - #1163

Quote Originally Posted by Deadly View Post
    Luna feeling romantic:
    Spoiler
    Show

Instantly saved! Thanks for this fantastic artwork!

Previous Avatars:
    Spoiler
    Show

I got an award!
    Spoiler
    Show

24. - Top - End - #1164
    Troll in the Playground

More tennis Luna! (seriously, what?)
    Spoiler
    Show
    I feel like I missed a meeting or something where the fandom decided that Luna plays tennis <.< >.>

Quote Originally Posted by Deadly View Post
    Luna feeling romantic:
    Spoiler
    Show

Blushing Luna is adorable!
    This Machine Surrounds Hate And Forces It To Surrender

Quote Originally Posted by Anarion View Post
    DD, your unicorn is stronger, prettier, and higher-ranking than mine, and her secret lab has a better name than mine. THERE SHALL BE NO QUARTER.
    Ponythread Learns to Draw!

Spoiler
    Show
    Bleeeeh! Alfalfa Monster!

25. - Top - End - #1165
    Firbolg in the Playground

GnomeWizardGuy

I'm not at all caught up on the thread, so just have a princess of the moon.

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by darthbobcat View Post
    There are no bad ideas, just bad execution.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Thank you to zimmerwald1915 for the Gustave avatar.
    The full set is here.

Air Raccoon avatar provided by Ceika
    from the Request an OotS Style Avatar thread

A big thanks to PrinceAquilaDei for the gryphon avatar!
    original image

26. - Top - End - #1166
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Vent Reynolt View Post
    Instantly saved! Thanks for this fantastic artwork!
    You're very welcome

Quote Originally Posted by the_druid_droid View Post
    Blushing Luna is adorable!
    She is, isn't he

27. - Top - End - #1167
    Dwarf in the Playground

I- bu- wha- Discomon?
    Spoiler
    Show
    Yay, Discomon! I wanna catch him!

But he's worse than Missingnos when it comes to corrupting saves. ;.;

I mean... CHOCOLATE RAIN, peoples! CHOCOLATE RAIN!!! In a DS! That is not good for anything involved!

28. - Top - End - #1168
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Forum Explorer View Post
    At Aotrs commander: You like spike fics correct? Have you read Variables? Its pretty good and very Spike focused.
    After checking on ED, yes, I have, and it was one of the better ones.

Of course, you can well imagine what I'd have done in Spike's position in that fic...

Though in the end, I was rather proud of the little guy - his solution was pure genius...

29. - Top - End - #1169
    Titan in the Playground

Glad to hear you'll still be around.

...You know what? On that note. Show of hooves, who has no plans on leaving, no matter what the resolution to this is?
    Until real life takes me away again, regardless of the resolution, I don't plan on leaving.

30. - Top - End - #1170
    Troll in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Quote Originally Posted by TheAmishPirate View Post
    Ya'll are stuck with my frumpy pirate rump, and you'll just have to learn to like it.
    Don't you mean your gobbled rump?
    Ponies not only make ME want to be a better person than I was before they entered my life, they make me want to HELP OTHERS be better people too.

And that is a GOOD thing by any definition.

full size avatar