New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 33 of 49 FirstFirst ... 8232425262728293031323334353637383940414243 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #961
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Iskandar's Travels in Minecraft: The LP and the MP Server Thread MKII

Quote Originally Posted by Zain View Post
    Destro, For your let's play, please decide if it's out of character or in character. I can see glimmers of both and it's taking away from the quality as a whole.
    I've been trying to make it as in-character as possible. Thing is, I only get one take, and I can't really script some of the more random events. So it's not the easiest thing.
    I used to do LP's. Currently archived here:

My Youtube Channel

The rest of my Sig:
    Spoiler
    Show

My Games:
    The Great Divide Dark Heresy - Finished
    They All Uprose Dark Heresy - Finished
    Dead in the Water Dark Heresy - Finished
    House of Glass Dark Heresy - Deceased

We All Fall Down Dark Heresy - Finished

Sea of Stars Rogue Trader - Ongoing

2. - Top - End - #962
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Iskandar's Travels in Minecraft: The LP and the MP Server Thread MKII

Ok, last post isn't showing up, and I had something to add anyways. Sorry for yon double-post.

I thought I'd ask for some specific examples of the IC/OOC thing in my LP. What have you guys been noticing that I miss? Might be easier to fix it if I know where to look.

My Youtube Channel

The rest of my Sig:
    Spoiler
    Show

My Games:

3. - Top - End - #963
    Ettin in the Playground

Note: Advanced Machines has been replaced with CompactSolars, a proper ICē addon, that already comes with a bukkit port.(Make sure to set compactSolar=189 in your config/IC2CompactSolars.cfg and remove the Advanced Machines Client addon)

Advanced Machines themselves will follow in the form of a separate (equally proper) plugin.

The bad news: As a result of this change all solar arrays have popped and blew all batboxes attached to them. (they shortly pretended to be highpower arrays) Those will be reinstated on request. (Both the batboxes and arrays.)
    Mah Badges!
    Spoiler
    Show

Hey, check out my site. (It has interactive comics, stories and coding efforts.)

4. - Top - End - #964
    Ogre in the Playground

What about our rotomacerators?

Additionaly, I had no problem with arrays turning into HV Arrays as you worried they might.

Furthermore, all my steam engines seem to believe that they are LV Solar Arrays.

Eg:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Last edited by Sen isSaqqara; 2012-02-24 at 11:05 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by 3SecondCultist View Post
    Yeah, DreamingMage honestly thinks he is a god. Over the years, I've found it best just to go with it.
    Spoiler: Things I Once Was But No Longer Entirely Am
    Show

Previous Usernames: DreamingMage, Zeno Desaqqara
    Credit to araveugnitsuga.
    Credit to DarkCorax.
    Credit to me.
    Credit to me.

5. - Top - End - #965
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Domochevsky View Post
    Note: Advanced Machines has been replaced with CompactSolars, a proper ICē addon, that already comes with a bukkit port.(Make sure to set compactSolar=189 in your config/IC2CompactSolars.cfg and remove the Advanced Machines Client addon)

Advanced Machines themselves will follow in the form of a separate (equally proper) plugin.

The bad news: As a result of this change all solar arrays have popped and blew all batboxes attached to them. (they shortly pretended to be highpower arrays) Those will be reinstated on request. (Both the batboxes and arrays.)
    I prefer Advanced Machines mostly for the advanced machines, not for the solar arrays. For my green energy production, I'm currently using Water Mills + an auto-fill design using a lot of Buildcraft. 2 Eu/t per plant, and FAR cheaper (other than the BC stuff), > 1 Eu/t that only works during the day when it isn't raining.

Power Crystal's Power Converters mod has the Strainer, that does pretty much the same thing, generates 2 Eu/t but can be hooked up directly to a pump over an infinite water supply and obviates the somewhat cumbersome piping.

Granted, it still requires piping, but not as bad. And you'd only need a quarter of them that you'd need of Solar for the same long-term Eu/t generation. I've got a rather compact plant consisting of a 2x2 infinite spring and six strainers hooked up to a bat box. Generates 12 Eu/t, and fits in a 7x5x4 box. It'll satisfy my energy requirements until I get my Geothermal series hooked up to a nether lava ocean, which will tide me over until I go Nuclear.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Underlord View Post
    All hail great Shneekeythulhu! Ia Ia Shneeky fthagn
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quite possibly, the best rebuttal I have ever witnessed.
    Joker Bard - the DM's solution to the Batman Wizard.
    Takahashi no Onisan - The scariest Samurai alive
    Incarnum and YOU: a reference guide
    Soulmelds, by class and slot: Another Incarnum reference
    Multiclassing for Newbies: A reference guide for the rest of us

My homebrew world in progress: Falcora

6. - Top - End - #966
    Ogre in the Playground

Oy Domo! What is this BSery? My solar arrays do not function during the rain in the desert! My normal panels do, but my HV arrays decided not to. This could be a problem.

Also, can we have mining lasers back? Not for combat (I'm perfectly happy using the new weapons) but for actual mining? That's what I used mine for most in the first place, and having one without being able to use it to dig shafts is really annoying.
    Yeah, DreamingMage honestly thinks he is a god. Over the years, I've found it best just to go with it.
    Show

Credit to DarkCorax.
    Credit to me.
    Credit to me.

7. - Top - End - #967
    Barbarian in the Playground

Also, Domo, my 2 HV arrays, and 3 MV arrays have disappeared. If they could be replaced, that would be wonderfull

8. - Top - End - #968
    Ettin in the Playground

Shneekey, we can't use the Advanced Machines currently, since there is no up to date bukkit port. So they werent working anyway when i removed them. >_>

DM, we could do this by banning the recipe for mining lasers and reactivate them in ICē, but all these plugins i've seen so far require spout, which isn't compatible with ...basically every other mod out there.

Edit:

Quote Originally Posted by DreamingMage View Post
    Furthermore, all my steam engines seem to believe that they are LV Solar Arrays.
    Should be fixed now. The GUI ID's have been changed to 43 HV, 44 MV and 45 LV. Make sure to change them accordingly in your config.

Edit2:

Some pictures from the Spawn Town Housing Development:

Spoiler
    Show

Last edited by Domochevsky; 2012-02-25 at 06:51 PM.
    Mah Badges!
    Spoiler
    Show

Hey, check out my site. (It has interactive comics, stories and coding efforts.)

9. - Top - End - #969
    Barbarian in the Playground

To expand, I have been playing around with the IC farming, and as shown in the screen shots, we have the basic plants (Reeds, Pumpkins, Watermelons, Wheat, Roses, Dandelions, and Cocoa Beans)

We are trying to breed the more exotic plants, and believe we can create a Sap Plant, a Iron Plant, a Gold Plant, and as well as Purple and Cyan Flowers.

Also, Hannah gives good advice, do listen to her.
    Last edited by Zain; 2012-02-25 at 07:29 PM.

10. - Top - End - #970
    Ogre in the Playground

Hey domo. There appears to be another chunk error, partway between spawn and Zain's fort. A chunk of mountain is gone, and in it's place is a section of what appears to be runway.
    Show

Credit to DarkCorax.
    Credit to me.
    Credit to me.

11. - Top - End - #971
    Titan in the Playground

Hey domo. There appears to be another chunk error, partway between spawn and Zain's fort. A chunk of mountain is gone, and in it's place is a section of what appears to be runway.
    That one's been there for a while. It just never got fixed with all the other ones.

My Youtube Channel

The rest of my Sig:
    Spoiler
    Show

My Games:

12. - Top - End - #972
    Titan in the Playground

I would like to apologize for my absence, although I am sure that it has gone largely unnoticed.

I am in the midst of taking a creative hiatus from the game. Like Iskandar, I am a little burnt out at the moment, and lack an incentive. The Ironspine concept is being scratched, although I am going to build something at the desert site (DON'T BUILD OVER IT).

Thank you,
    3SC, Custodian and Chief Recon Officer
    Last edited by 3SecondCultist; 2012-02-27 at 02:40 PM.
    Spoiler: Stuff I'm Working On
    Show
    Small Justice

An ongoing web serial about politics, vengeance, and miniature lizards. Go check it out!

Quote Originally Posted by Zeno Desaqqara View Post
    You divine bastard.

"Life is to be lived, not controlled; and humanity is won by continuing to play in the face of certain defeat."

13. - Top - End - #973
    Ogre in the Playground

I propose electing Domo to the position of Recon Chief while 'cultist is out. Map?

Also, speaking of Iska, how ya doing over there?
    Show

Credit to DarkCorax.
    Credit to me.
    Credit to me.

14. - Top - End - #974
    Bugbear in the Playground

Busy, very busy. But trying to get things back together. If someone would kindly give me a list of what mods I need, I'll try to get back in sometime very soon.

I kinda got distracted by TOME 4, which has delayed my return by a bit.
    My youtube channel, featuring LPs of Minecraft and various other indie games: http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCa98B36NhE0lWNEn3lGc86Q

15. - Top - End - #975
    Ogre in the Playground

Here is a jar, a mods folder, and a config folder. Make sure you get the config, it's important for compactsolars or whatever its called.

An Elegant and Finely Crafted Link
    NO LINK FOR YOU
    Last edited by Sen isSaqqara; 2012-02-29 at 08:41 AM.
    Show

Credit to DarkCorax.
    Credit to me.
    Credit to me.

16. - Top - End - #976
    Titan in the Playground

Here is a jar, a mods folder, and a config folder. Make sure you get the config, it's important for compactsolars or whatever its called.

An Elegant and Finely Crafted Link
    Isn't distributing the .jar kinda... illegal?
    Quote Originally Posted by The Underlord View Post
    All hail great Shneekeythulhu! Ia Ia Shneeky fthagn
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quite possibly, the best rebuttal I have ever witnessed.
    Joker Bard - the DM's solution to the Batman Wizard.
    Takahashi no Onisan - The scariest Samurai alive
    Incarnum and YOU: a reference guide
    Soulmelds, by class and slot: Another Incarnum reference
    Multiclassing for Newbies: A reference guide for the rest of us

My homebrew world in progress: Falcora

17. - Top - End - #977
    Ogre in the Playground

Is it? Wouldn't you need all the resource folders to run the game anyways? Ah well, it's modded halfway to the ends of the earth and back anyways, it's probably not even recognizable as the original anymore without running it.
    Show

Credit to DarkCorax.
    Credit to me.
    Credit to me.

18. - Top - End - #978
    Titan in the Playground

It is, yeah. See The One Major Rule

My Youtube Channel

The rest of my Sig:
    Spoiler
    Show

My Games:

19. - Top - End - #979
    Ettin in the Playground

Yeah, that's one of the highly annoying parts of modding Minecraft. You have to edit the .jar yourself for pretty much all the mods (If only to insert modloader) but can't distribute the modded .jar so your friends don't have to jump through the same hoops.

Jeb, get the damn modding API done! Or at least remove the dumb file obsfucation. You are working directly against your own interests here.

Edit: ...huh, speaking of working interests: They got the four primary bukkit guys onto their team? That sounds highly promising. :o
    Last edited by Domochevsky; 2012-02-29 at 05:46 AM.
    Mah Badges!
    Spoiler
    Show

20. - Top - End - #980
    Ogre in the Playground

Snap. Right, consider it gone.
    Show

Credit to DarkCorax.
    Credit to me.
    Credit to me.

21. - Top - End - #981
    Ettin in the Playground

You can however still distribute it in one nice package, ready to be dropped into the .jar as is. The mod folder and config can be distributed as needed as well. Probably the best choice for this, short of a self-installing pack. (Like originally hacked together by Iska.)
    Mah Badges!
    Spoiler
    Show

22. - Top - End - #982
    Ogre in the Playground

Hmn, give me a minute or two... I'm uploading my new 'Lawyer-Friendly' version containing a mods folder, a config folder, and a zip containing all the classes needed to compile a modded minecraft.jar file.

Edit: Another Elegant and Finely-Crafted Link
    Last edited by Sen isSaqqara; 2012-02-29 at 10:38 AM.
    Show

Credit to DarkCorax.
    Credit to me.
    Credit to me.

23. - Top - End - #983
    Titan in the Playground

Edit: ...huh, speaking of working interests: They got the four primary bukkit guys onto their team? That sounds highly promising. :o
    Yeah, we'll see how it goes. I've seen arguments from both camps. It means Bukkit as a mod is cancelled, but (from what I understand) will now be built in to Minecraft Vanilla.

My Youtube Channel

The rest of my Sig:
    Spoiler
    Show

My Games:

24. - Top - End - #984
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Destro_Yersul View Post
    Yeah, we'll see how it goes. I've seen arguments from both camps. It means Bukkit as a mod is cancelled, but (from what I understand) will now be built in to Minecraft Vanilla.
    What does this mean for us? Is there potential, then for the plugins to act as in-game customization options?

I, for one, am excited for these changes. Hopefully my optimism is shared, and will be rewarded in time.
    Last edited by 3SecondCultist; 2012-02-29 at 01:28 PM.
    Show
    Small Justice

An ongoing web serial about politics, vengeance, and miniature lizards. Go check it out!

You divine bastard.

"Life is to be lived, not controlled; and humanity is won by continuing to play in the face of certain defeat."

25. - Top - End - #985
    Ettin in the Playground

Yah, but at least we have the guarantee that bukkit will still be around for 1.2 in the form of R5. So little to no worries are had there.

Oh yeah, i also got updated information from our satelite, meaning a updated map.
    On the one hand progress in building spawn town is being made, which is nice. On the other hand, there are more alien sightings, which i'm not entirely happy about. We still haven't managed to initiate communications with them or alternatively fight them back to wherever they came from. Right now we seem to be at somewhat of a stand-still.

I also hear news from back home that the war continues to rage quite intensely, so things aren't looking good there either. I better not tell our colonists about this. They don't need more bad news.
    Mah Badges!
    Spoiler
    Show

26. - Top - End - #986
    Titan in the Playground

Give it 20 minutes or so, next episode of my LP will be here: A link of linking

Seems like a lot of the map got cropped, there. What's the story with that?

My Youtube Channel

The rest of my Sig:
    Spoiler
    Show

My Games:

27. - Top - End - #987
    Titan in the Playground

Yah, but at least we have the guarantee that bukkit will still be around for 1.2 in the form of R5. So little to no worries are had there.

Oh yeah, i also got updated information from our satellite, meaning a updated map.
    On the one hand progress in building spawn town is being made, which is nice. On the other hand, there are more alien sightings, which i'm not entirely happy about. We still haven't managed to initiate communications with them or alternatively fight them back to wherever they came from. Right now we seem to be at somewhat of a stand-still.

I also hear news from back home that the war continues to rage quite intensely, so things aren't looking good there either. I better not tell our colonists about this. They don't need more bad news.
    My workers are being kept on a tight schedule at the moment, although I expect that they will be back in the saddle. You are, of course, correct about this, Major. All war information will remain on a need to know basis.

As far as invasion sites go, it seems that an alien ship is attempting to drill into the earth north of Zain's fortress complex. Moreover, there seem to be advanced obsidian fortifications at work here. I will do some more reconnaissance soon.

Thank you,
    3SC, Custodian and Chief Recon Officer
    Last edited by 3SecondCultist; 2012-02-29 at 03:16 PM.
    Show
    Small Justice

You divine bastard.

28. - Top - End - #988
    Ettin in the Playground

Give it 20 minutes or so, next episode of my LP will be here: A link of linking

Seems like a lot of the map got cropped, there. What's the story with that?
    "I feel like this is off to a good start." ...y'know, for being in hell.

(Map croppings happened because of ludicrous size. Did that while i fixed the corruption bits.)

Meanwhile, even for 480p the video quality is... subpar. This is especially noticable in the nether. What compression method are you using for the videos? (And does youtube allow for direct .flv upload? Because then you can up the bitstream for better quality.)
    Mah Badges!
    Spoiler
    Show

29. - Top - End - #989
    Titan in the Playground

Meanwhile, even for 480p the video quality is... subpar. This is especially noticable in the nether. What compression method are you using for the videos? (And does youtube allow for direct .flv upload? Because then you can up the bitstream for better quality.)
    I use Windows MovieMaker to make the videos, importing what FRAPS gives me. It compresses them when it publishes them. They get saved as a Windows Media Audio/Video file. I don't have any other video editting software, and I'm not sure if youtube allows for .flv files.

EDIT: Bonus video. Let me know if the quality is any better on this one: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZpwsX...ature=youtu.be
    Last edited by Destro_Yersul; 2012-03-01 at 02:04 PM.

My Youtube Channel

The rest of my Sig:
    Spoiler
    Show

My Games:

30. - Top - End - #990
    Ettin in the Playground

I use Windows MovieMaker to make the videos, importing what FRAPS gives me. It compresses them when it publishes them. They get saved as a Windows Media Audio/Video file. I don't have any other video editting software, and I'm not sure if youtube allows for .flv files.

EDIT: Bonus video. Let me know if the quality is any better on this one: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZpwsX...ature=youtu.be
    Hm, the video quality is only marginally better (but difficult to tell, since this isn't a video of Minecraft. So no direct comparison possible). Did you ever try virtualDub? It's free. after all, and should do everything needed. (Most importantly, it lets you chose the codec to use for this, which is one of the most important things to determine visual quality.)
    Last edited by Domochevsky; 2012-03-02 at 02:12 AM.
    Mah Badges!
    Spoiler
    Show