New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 35 of 49 FirstFirst ... 10252627282930313233343536373839404142434445 ... LastLast
Results 1,021 to 1,050 of 1466
  1. - Top - End - #1021
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Iskandar's Travels in Minecraft: The LP and the MP Server Thread MKII

Quote Originally Posted by DreamingMage View Post
    Sorry for the double post. I'm'a be gone for the next week or so with little to no internet access. In the mean time, someone want to set up a gmail account and corresponding Youtube account for this? I'd suggest IskasMP or something similar.
    I will do it tonight. I am leaving for Mexico myself tomorrow morning, and will be unavailable for the next week. Once I get back, though, we can coordinate all of the recording.
    Last edited by 3SecondCultist; 2012-03-15 at 08:02 PM.
    Spoiler: Stuff I'm Working On
    Show
    Small Justice

An ongoing web serial about politics, vengeance, and miniature lizards. Go check it out!

Quote Originally Posted by Zeno Desaqqara View Post
    You divine bastard.

"Life is to be lived, not controlled; and humanity is won by continuing to play in the face of certain defeat."

2. - Top - End - #1022
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: Iskandar's Travels in Minecraft: The LP and the MP Server Thread MKII

Ahem, I am doing a rehearsal for tomorrow's livecast in 5 or 10 minutes. Anyone who wants to watch me fumble about trying to get things working, and playing a bit of minecraft for a bit, stop on by. A behind the scenes peek, as it were.

Edit: Rehearsal done. Things are a go. Tomorrow, 4 pm EDT.
    Last edited by Iskandar; 2012-03-16 at 09:48 PM.
    My youtube channel, featuring LPs of Minecraft and various other indie games: http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCa98B36NhE0lWNEn3lGc86Q

3. - Top - End - #1023
    Barbarian in the Playground

In sever news, It turns out it is possible to create Snow golems automatically. It follows then, that Iron golems will be creatable in the same way. Once 1.2.3 hits, I'm planning on building a Industrial district, for the construction of a Spawn town defense force. This will not only releave the stress on The knights and Phill, but allow for more jobs to be created. Also, we need to build some more NPC housing.
    Last edited by Zain; 2012-03-16 at 10:59 PM.

4. - Top - End - #1024
    Troll in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Zain View Post
    In sever news, It turns out it is possible to create Snow golems automatically. It follows then, that Iron golems will be creatable in the same way.
    The official advertisement for 1.2 tried to make an Iron Golem with pistons and it didn't work. Thought you ought to know.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zap Dynamic View Post
    I want to create a world that is full of possibility, and one of the best ways to handle it is by creating a bunch of stories that haven't yet been finished.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grey_Wolf_c View Post
    At this point, however, I'm thinking way too hard about the practical problems of running a battle royale school for Russian assassins, so I think I'll leave it there.
    In my posts, smilies generally correspond to my expression at the time. As an example, means "huh?" and "Hmm..". Also, "Landis" is fine.

5. - Top - End - #1025
    Barbarian in the Playground

Indeed, however, It turns out you can make them using Build-craft builders

6. - Top - End - #1026

Livecast will be, well, live in a few minutes.

Setting things up now.

This should be interesting.
    My youtube channel, featuring LPs of Minecraft and various other indie games: http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCa98B36NhE0lWNEn3lGc86Q

7. - Top - End - #1027

And the livestream is over. The show is archived on my page, check it out if you like. It was fairly rough in the beginning, but once I settled in, I think it went okay.

I'm going to make this a weekly thing. Saturdays or maybe Sundays, 4 pm Eastern, ish.

8. - Top - End - #1028
    Titan in the Playground

ElfRangerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Iskandar View Post
    And the livestream is over. The show is archived on my page, check it out if you like. It was fairly rough in the beginning, but once I settled in, I think it went okay.

I'm going to make this a weekly thing. Saturdays or maybe Sundays, 4 pm Eastern, ish.
    Hey, Iskandar. I've watched about half the video now. I was planning on watching it live, but I was sick and didn't have the willpower to get out of bed.
    "Nothing you can't spell will ever work." - Will Rogers

Watch me draw and swear at video games.

9. - Top - End - #1029
    Ettin in the Playground

You also have this habit of streaming when i'm busy, so that is unfortunate. >_> (But that's what recordings are for.)

Unrelated to that, where is our research team, compromised of Detrepid/Sagitus? Haven't seen them in quite a while.
    Mah Badges!
    Spoiler
    Show

Hey, check out my site. (It has interactive comics, stories and coding efforts.)

10. - Top - End - #1030
    Titan in the Playground

Missed your Livestream, but caught the recording. Must say, I rather dislike the Technic Pack, mostly because of how they treat the modders and the lack of permissions obtained to put mods in the pack, but I'll definitely try to catch your next livestream.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Underlord View Post
    All hail great Shneekeythulhu! Ia Ia Shneeky fthagn
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quite possibly, the best rebuttal I have ever witnessed.
    Joker Bard - the DM's solution to the Batman Wizard.
    Takahashi no Onisan - The scariest Samurai alive
    Incarnum and YOU: a reference guide
    Soulmelds, by class and slot: Another Incarnum reference
    Multiclassing for Newbies: A reference guide for the rest of us

My homebrew world in progress: Falcora

11. - Top - End - #1031

eh, the Technic Pack has changed considerably.

It is now the Technic Launcher, capable of switching seamlessly between the Yogbox, Technik, and Tekkit mod packs as well as Vanilla minecraft without messing with multiple configurations or any manual mod work yourself.

http://www.technicpack.net/

12. - Top - End - #1032
    Titan in the Playground

eh, the Technic Pack has changed considerably.

It is now the Technic Launcher, capable of switching seamlessly between the Yogbox, Technik, and Tekkit mod packs as well as Vanilla minecraft without messing with multiple configurations or any manual mod work yourself.

http://www.technicpack.net/
    Magic Launcher also allows you to switch seamlessly between mods and vanilla without violation intellectual property of mod creators.

The only difference? You need to download the individual mods themselves. Why? So the mod creators can get credit. Screw the mod creators, they might decide to stop making them.

Again, that's just a personal preference thing. I'll still try and make your livestream this weekend, if you have one, regardless of the modpacks you use.

Also, a lot of things you were wondering about were from the Forestry mod, which can be used to automate some boring grinds like wheat or tree farms or even IndustrialCraft rubber tree plantations. Pretty nifty when you get it set up.
    Last edited by ShneekeyTheLost; 2012-03-21 at 01:51 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show

13. - Top - End - #1033
    Pixie in the Playground

DruidGuy

The coming of spring like weather has lured me out into the real world for a while, although my running shoes don't give me the power to super jump, and my bicycle is a poor substitute for quantum speed, so I am sure I'll be back soon.

In the meantime I've also managed to catch up on the Gengame story, although I still have no idea what's going on most of the time.

14. - Top - End - #1034
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by ShneekeyTheLost View Post
    Magic Launcher also allows you to switch seamlessly between mods and vanilla without violation intellectual property of mod creators.

The only difference? You need to download the individual mods themselves. Why? So the mod creators can get credit. Screw the mod creators, they might decide to stop making them.
    Technic actually has permission from a lot of them now.
    I used to do LP's. Currently archived here:

My Youtube Channel

The rest of my Sig:
    Spoiler
    Show

My Games:
    The Great Divide Dark Heresy - Finished
    They All Uprose Dark Heresy - Finished
    Dead in the Water Dark Heresy - Finished
    House of Glass Dark Heresy - Deceased

We All Fall Down Dark Heresy - Finished

Sea of Stars Rogue Trader - Ongoing

15. - Top - End - #1035
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Destro_Yersul View Post
    Technic actually has permission from a lot of them now.
    'A lot' does not equate all, which they should have had *BEFORE* including mods in their pack in the first place.

How would you like it if you put weeks of free time into developing a mod, only to have someone yank it, put it in their pack, then profit* from the distribution of said mod pack, without your permission? Yea... didn't think so.

* either through adfly download links, donate buttons, or other sources. They do not charge to download.
    Spoiler
    Show

16. - Top - End - #1036

Because of the prior history I did a fair amount of checking before using the Technic Launcher. They really have cleaned up their act, getting permission from the mod makers and such, and they aren't profiting from this. In fact they don't accept donations for themselves, merely linking back to the mod creators' instead: http://www.technicpack.net/donate/

Anyway, there will be a livestream tomorrow, 4pm EDT. And I really need to sit down and record some for my youtube channel as well.

17. - Top - End - #1037
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by ShneekeyTheLost View Post
    'A lot' does not equate all, which they should have had *BEFORE* including mods in their pack in the first place.

How would you like it if you put weeks of free time into developing a mod, only to have someone yank it, put it in their pack, then profit* from the distribution of said mod pack, without your permission? Yea... didn't think so.

* either through adfly download links, donate buttons, or other sources. They do not charge to download.
    They don't use adfly, either, far as I'm aware, and when the technic pack was initially created, it was for distribution amongst a small-ish group of people for no profit. Then the Yogscast did a spotlight on it and the thing became huge beyond the creator's initial expectations. Which were, I believe, to make a bunch of cool mods play nice with each other so he and his friends could play Minecraft with tons of fun enhancements and minimal mucking about with java files. Once it went bigger, he started getting permissions. I completely fail to see how this is evil.
    I used to do LP's. Currently archived here:

My Youtube Channel

The rest of my Sig:
    Spoiler
    Show

My Games:
    The Great Divide Dark Heresy - Finished
    They All Uprose Dark Heresy - Finished
    Dead in the Water Dark Heresy - Finished
    House of Glass Dark Heresy - Deceased

We All Fall Down Dark Heresy - Finished

Sea of Stars Rogue Trader - Ongoing

18. - Top - End - #1038

And the second livecast begins shortly. I'm running a little behind, please bear with me. 5 minutes, maybe 10.

19. - Top - End - #1039
    Titan in the Playground

And the second livecast begins shortly. I'm running a little behind, please bear with me. 5 minutes, maybe 10.
    Relevant wiki links:

IndustrialCraft, which you are probably already familiar with

Forestry, which is all about beekeeping and automatic growing and harvesting of several types of natural resources, plus the backpacks which I highly suggest

Redpower

That'll get ya started
    Spoiler
    Show

20. - Top - End - #1040

And sone. Slightly larger audience this time. Which means 3 to 5 people instead of 1, but hey. Still a bit laggy, but I am working on that. A lot of fun, I've got a volcano base set up and everything.

It is saved, so come check it out.

21. - Top - End - #1041
    Ogre in the Playground

And I'm back! So, what has been done regarding that youtube channel, Cultist?
    Quote Originally Posted by 3SecondCultist View Post
    Yeah, DreamingMage honestly thinks he is a god. Over the years, I've found it best just to go with it.
    Spoiler: Things I Once Was But No Longer Entirely Am
    Show

Previous Usernames: DreamingMage, Zeno Desaqqara
    Credit to araveugnitsuga.
    Credit to DarkCorax.
    Credit to me.
    Credit to me.

22. - Top - End - #1042
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by DreamingMage View Post
    And I'm back! So, what has been done regarding that youtube channel, Cultist?
    I was waiting for your return, in order to decide on a proper name and get started on the recording. I have looked into several options for recording for Mac, but I think it might just be easier to get Boot Camp and then use FRAPS. I figured if we are going to do this as a team, then we need to do some actual coordination. Tomorrow morning?
    Last edited by 3SecondCultist; 2012-03-25 at 08:02 PM.
    Show
    Small Justice

An ongoing web serial about politics, vengeance, and miniature lizards. Go check it out!

You divine bastard.

"Life is to be lived, not controlled; and humanity is won by continuing to play in the face of certain defeat."

23. - Top - End - #1043
    Ogre in the Playground

Done. I found a nice cheap solution, I haven't really tested it yet though.
    Yeah, DreamingMage honestly thinks he is a god. Over the years, I've found it best just to go with it.
    Show

Credit to DarkCorax.
    Credit to me.
    Credit to me.

24. - Top - End - #1044

Right, I am heading out. While I am gone, I am deploying a surprise. Check my youtube channel in about an hour.

25. - Top - End - #1045
    Ogre in the Playground

OK, a youtube channel is up for those of us wanting to make MP let's plays. It's called Iskas MP, the email youtube uses for a username is [email protected]. I'll send the password to Iska, Domo, and 3sec now, and anyone else who wants access to post stuff send me a PM to ask for it.

A Finely Crafted Link To The Channel
    Last edited by Sen isSaqqara; 2012-03-26 at 02:56 PM.
    Show

Credit to DarkCorax.
    Credit to me.
    Credit to me.

26. - Top - End - #1046
    Pixie in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Sagitus View Post
    The coming of spring like weather has lured me out into the real world for a while, although my running shoes don't give me the power to super jump, and my bicycle is a poor substitute for quantum speed, so I am sure I'll be back soon.

In the meantime I've also managed to catch up on the Gengame story, although I still have no idea what's going on most of the time.
    I have much of the same outside urgings. Also with spring coming early I've had to start the lovely yard/garden work much earlier than usual.

I have my qualification exams next week so I've been studying for those pretty hard for the past month keeping me busy. Once they are done I imagine I'll want to do something less thought related. Perhaps making large structures out of little cubes?

27. - Top - End - #1047
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Detrepid View Post
    I have my qualification exams next week so I've been studying for those pretty hard for the past month keeping me busy. Once they are done I imagine I'll want to do something less thought related. Perhaps making large structures out of little cubes?
    Always a fun activity!
    Show
    Small Justice

You divine bastard.

28. - Top - End - #1048

And my RPG LP is updated. I'll post a link as soon as it has uploaded, or just check my channel in like 30 minutes.

Edit: linky
    Last edited by Iskandar; 2012-03-28 at 06:27 PM.

29. - Top - End - #1049
    Ogre in the Playground

Similarly, 3Sec and I just filmed the first of our new LPs on the server. It will be up soon (probably about half an hour). I'm putting the channel link in my signature.
    Show

Credit to DarkCorax.
    Credit to me.
    Credit to me.

30. - Top - End - #1050
    Titan in the Playground

This first episode is more meant as an introductory session to the new world. As such, the episode offers a look at some of the iconic projects and a little bit of insight into the 'roleplaying element' of the new server, as well as a little bit of exposition.

We hope you guys enjoy it!
    Last edited by 3SecondCultist; 2012-03-28 at 08:14 PM.
    Show
    Small Justice

You divine bastard.