New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 36 of 49 FirstFirst ... 11262728293031323334353637383940414243444546 ... LastLast
Results 1,051 to 1,080 of 1466
  1. - Top - End - #1051
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Iskandar's Travels in Minecraft: The LP and the MP Server Thread MKII

Sorry I haven't been around lately. Inspiration dried up, and I've been busy with other stuff. I'll try to be around more in future.
    I used to do LP's. Currently archived here:

My Youtube Channel

The rest of my Sig:
    Spoiler
    Show

My Games:
    The Great Divide Dark Heresy - Finished
    They All Uprose Dark Heresy - Finished
    Dead in the Water Dark Heresy - Finished
    House of Glass Dark Heresy - Deceased

We All Fall Down Dark Heresy - Finished

Sea of Stars Rogue Trader - Ongoing

2. - Top - End - #1052
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: Iskandar's Travels in Minecraft: The LP and the MP Server Thread MKII

BTW, was my dome over ported to the MP server?

Oh, and pertinent new vlog is pertinent:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XYbkTaro4pQ
    My youtube channel, featuring LPs of Minecraft and various other indie games: http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCa98B36NhE0lWNEn3lGc86Q

3. - Top - End - #1053
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Iskandar View Post
    BTW, was my dome over ported to the MP server?
    Not yet. We are still trying to find a good place to put it.

In other server news, the Sandspire District is ready to go! Just east of Central Spawn, this prime real estate boasts features such as Mario's renovated house, a new rail station, the iconic desert forge, and of course the Netherspine Hall. If any new players on the server are reading this, than this is a great place to build a house or another project. Roads have been provided. There is also an NPC village that has been joined into the district, so please leave them alone for now. They make valuable trading partners, and we like having them around (they're quite amusing.)

I was going to make a new video with this as one of the segments, but it seems as though the sound on my laptop is having some... difficulties. After I consult with Xeno, I should be able to fix it and record a solo LP.
    Last edited by 3SecondCultist; 2012-03-30 at 12:59 PM.
    Spoiler: Stuff I'm Working On
    Show
    Small Justice

An ongoing web serial about politics, vengeance, and miniature lizards. Go check it out!

Quote Originally Posted by Zeno Desaqqara View Post
    You divine bastard.

"Life is to be lived, not controlled; and humanity is won by continuing to play in the face of certain defeat."

4. - Top - End - #1054

Ok, episode 2 of the my RPG Lp is uploaded. Plus, livestream going live in 5 minutes
    My youtube channel, featuring LPs of Minecraft and various other indie games: http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCa98B36NhE0lWNEn3lGc86Q

5. - Top - End - #1055
    Ogre in the Playground

I moved my Research Facility's Experimental Ship to the Harbor at Spawn Town. Please don't mistake it for aliens and shoot it down.
    Quote Originally Posted by 3SecondCultist View Post
    Yeah, DreamingMage honestly thinks he is a god. Over the years, I've found it best just to go with it.
    Spoiler: Things I Once Was But No Longer Entirely Am
    Show

Previous Usernames: DreamingMage, Zeno Desaqqara
    Credit to araveugnitsuga.
    Credit to DarkCorax.
    Credit to me.
    Credit to me.

6. - Top - End - #1056
    Titan in the Playground

The "Matter Hall" is complete! With a two-way teleporter in the Public Works alcove at the Ministry, it is listed as the "UU Gallery". Being exactly what it says on the tin, it is a hall with all of the known industrial UU recipes, made out of magenta wool. I will continue to update it as more recipes are discovered, so if I've missed any, please let me know (so far, I have 35 recipes put up)!

@Destro: I realize that we planned to do this a while back. If you like, I will give you the waypoint signature so you can access it directly from your university.
    Last edited by 3SecondCultist; 2012-04-03 at 09:30 AM.
    Show
    Small Justice

An ongoing web serial about politics, vengeance, and miniature lizards. Go check it out!

You divine bastard.

"Life is to be lived, not controlled; and humanity is won by continuing to play in the face of certain defeat."

7. - Top - End - #1057
    Ogre in the Playground

I'm going to make another video soon. Anyone have anything they want covered? I feel like we should make a list like we did for Iska back then.
    Yeah, DreamingMage honestly thinks he is a god. Over the years, I've found it best just to go with it.
    Show

Credit to DarkCorax.
    Credit to me.
    Credit to me.

8. - Top - End - #1058
    Titan in the Playground

That would be nice, 3sec.

Speaking of the university, I've started building some of that. I'm constructing it around the library, and will be spreading outwards from that point. There's not much done right now, but more shall be forthcoming.

My Youtube Channel

The rest of my Sig:
    Spoiler
    Show

My Games:

9. - Top - End - #1059
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Destro_Yersul View Post
    That would be nice, 3sec.
    Okay. The waypoint signature should be magenta wool north-south, and air east-west. If you are transported to the alcove at the Ministry of Transportation, than that means I have reversed the signature by accident.

Moreover, I should be recording, editing, and uploading an individual episode tomorrow night. It will focus on Spawn Town development projects, a bit more in terms of the recent server roleplaying, and some other neat little sights. Expect my videos to be more of a traveler's log, as my avatar goes and checks out cool stuff all over the place.
    Show
    Small Justice

You divine bastard.

10. - Top - End - #1060

Another episode of my Industrial LP is now available on my channel.

11. - Top - End - #1061
    Ogre in the Playground

Hey guys? Remember earlier this week when I asked for recommendations of things to cover in a future LP? Wasn't an April Fools joke. Need some recommendations. Now. Plx?
    Show

Credit to DarkCorax.
    Credit to me.
    Credit to me.

12. - Top - End - #1062
    Ettin in the Playground

Well, cover the stuff you didn't reach in the last video? There's still plenty.
    Mah Badges!
    Spoiler
    Show

Hey, check out my site. (It has interactive comics, stories and coding efforts.)

13. - Top - End - #1063
    Titan in the Playground

There's the hole in the ocean, and I added some stuff to the Library. Not a lot, not just yet, but some. There's also that weird thing made of planks and orange construction pipe off in the swamps. Anyone know anything about that?

Oh, and Domo, for some reason it crashes my client if I right-click on a solar array. Is that supposed to happen? Do the arrays actually still work?
    Last edited by Destro_Yersul; 2012-04-07 at 06:34 AM.

My Youtube Channel

The rest of my Sig:
    Spoiler
    Show

My Games:

14. - Top - End - #1064
    Titan in the Playground

Alright, so there is another player interested in joining the server. He doesn't use this forum, but he is decently experienced at Minecraft. His username is: The_Gamer_U_H8. Don't worry, it is definitely a misnomer: he is a really nice internet dweller.
    Show
    Small Justice

You divine bastard.

15. - Top - End - #1065
    Ogre in the Playground

Oh hey, he's joining? Great! He's awesome.
    Show

Credit to DarkCorax.
    Credit to me.
    Credit to me.

16. - Top - End - #1066
    Ogre in the Playground

New LP episode up, featuring Destro's University, the house of a new player of ours (hasn't posted on the forum yet) named OhMyGodImOnFire, Spawn Market, the UUMatter museum, etc. An Elegant and Finely Crafted Link
    Show

Credit to DarkCorax.
    Credit to me.
    Credit to me.

17. - Top - End - #1067
    Titan in the Playground

Very cool. I like what you've done with the Doom Fort.

My Youtube Channel

The rest of my Sig:
    Spoiler
    Show

My Games:

18. - Top - End - #1068
    Barbarian in the Playground

NinjaGuy

Been watching both the LP's. Cool that Iskandar took my suggestion to break up the videos.
    Iskandar, you could also just upload each video one day at a time, to have a more spread release time too.

Zeno & 3Sec: I'm curious to see this invasion or aliens thing in action, any chance we'll see that?

19. - Top - End - #1069
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Crossblade View Post
    Zeno & 3Sec: I'm curious to see this invasion or aliens thing in action, any chance we'll see that?
    You want to see that? Well, there isn't much to see, but I guess I can do a little bit of recon.
    Show
    Small Justice

You divine bastard.

20. - Top - End - #1070
    Ogre in the Playground

New user Sarthulis and I went on a bit of a raid, destroyed the spawners on one of the ships in the alien armada near spawn. I plan to find a way to cart it back to the magitek research institute, which may involve another raid to plant transport tech. I'll try to get it on video.
    Show

Credit to DarkCorax.
    Credit to me.
    Credit to me.

21. - Top - End - #1071
    Titan in the Playground

Redpower 2 is about to release pre 4f for 1.2.5 in a day or so. Then all I'm waiting for is IC2 and a few addon mods to that before I get my LP booted up and running.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Underlord View Post
    All hail great Shneekeythulhu! Ia Ia Shneeky fthagn
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quite possibly, the best rebuttal I have ever witnessed.
    Joker Bard - the DM's solution to the Batman Wizard.
    Takahashi no Onisan - The scariest Samurai alive
    Incarnum and YOU: a reference guide
    Soulmelds, by class and slot: Another Incarnum reference
    Multiclassing for Newbies: A reference guide for the rest of us

My homebrew world in progress: Falcora

22. - Top - End - #1072
    Ettin in the Playground

Good. We will have to wait a bit longer though, until either 1.3 is out or the bukkit ports for IC2/BC for 1.2.5.
    The modding community is in a state of disarray currently, especially with the death of ModloaderMP.
    Mah Badges!
    Spoiler
    Show

Hey, check out my site. (It has interactive comics, stories and coding efforts.)

23. - Top - End - #1073
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Domochevsky View Post
    Good. We will have to wait a bit longer though, until either 1.3 is out or the bukkit ports for IC2/BC for 1.2.5.
    The modding community is in a state of disarray currently, especially with the death of ModloaderMP.
    I can understand why Bukkit is important for a server like yours, but my family server is a simple LAN server, without access from the greater worldwide web, so it's not nearly as important for us. Since Forge now includes a MLMP, all we really need to do is wait for IC2 to get done.

As far as myself, I'm using MagicLoader (MultiMC is still giving me some pains) to segregate my single players LP MC, my vanilla MC, and my modded server MC. I'll be using ThaumCraft2 for my LP, which is single-player only since it's based heavily on the BC 3.x code. It's also incompatible with BC 2.x for the same reason, which means it'll probably never go SMP until BC 3.x does.

As far as MLMP vs Forge and all the drama there... I prefer to wait and see before rendering judgement. At the moment, anything stated is pure speculation. I will gather information before forming a hypothesis, then continue to gather information, altering my hypothesis as information comes in which disputes it, until I develop a Theory. Only once my theory seems to be holding water, based on all evidence received will I release my results.

That's what people used to call the Scientific Method. It got us from the iron age to the industrial age, so I figure it should work for me.
    Spoiler
    Show

24. - Top - End - #1074
    Ogre in the Playground

Why is everyone using all these programs to change their jars and mods folders around all of the sudden? Did 'point, click, and drag' become too difficult? Keeping track of which you were using become too memory-consuming?
    Show

Credit to DarkCorax.
    Credit to me.
    Credit to me.

25. - Top - End - #1075

Eh, it is MUCH more complicated then "point, click, and drag". There is also troubleshooting. And being able to enable and re-enable a mod by checking or clearing a box on a list instead of moving files, or remodifying the minecraft jar, is an enormous time saver.

My RPG LP is currently using 22 different mods, and I believe my Industrial LP will use even more. Now, a lot of those mods are background stuff that are necessary for any mod to function (modloader and forge), or so darn handy that I use them regardless (Somnia, Rei's minimap, Craftguide), so it also is a huge time saver not to have to have a separate installation for both LPs, just a different configuration.

Basically, I could do things by hand, and did for 8 months or more. But having a tool that simplifies things means I spend a lot more time playing, and a lot less time shuffling files all over the place.

26. - Top - End - #1076
    Ogre in the Playground

Hmn. I always just kept mods([insert descriptor here]) folders and minecraft[insert descriptor here].jar files for each mod build I'm using at a given time. I have mods(iska) and minecraft(iska).jar, for example. When I'm using one, I just add a descriptor to the one I was using, delete the descriptor on the one I want, and voila.
    Show

Credit to DarkCorax.
    Credit to me.
    Credit to me.

27. - Top - End - #1077
    Titan in the Playground

I maintain seperate Minecraft setups for every set of mods I use. The one for my LP (which I really need to do another episode of) is still on 1.7.3

My Youtube Channel

The rest of my Sig:
    Spoiler
    Show

My Games:

28. - Top - End - #1078
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Destro_Yersul View Post
    I maintain seperate Minecraft setups for every set of mods I use. The one for my LP (which I really need to do another episode of) is still on 1.7.3
    I eagerly await the next episode of your LP.

Also, Redpower2 Pre5 is now out. Has some nifty new features which are awesome.

Only IC2 has not yet updated. NFC why, unless they plan on adding in a crapton of content. BC and RP2 both made the switch to the new FML in considerably less time, and RP2 had to deal with a major glitch in the Logic code in the process, then released a lot of new content with it.

OFC, it's pointless to go to the IC2 forums, since they exist mostly to ridicule anyone who registered on said forum, with a hired professional troll to do most of the flaming. Granted, a lot of newbies ask a lot of stupid newbie questions, but that doesn't excuse the flaming and harassing that goes on there.

It is definitely making me question the wisdom in using IC2 going forward. The mod is decent when it comes out, but I haven't seen a mod team with a worse attitude yet.

Rubber is only used in IC2, so there's really no point in getting it for that. Extractors and compressors ditto. Furnaces are replaced with the ThaumCraft2 version. About the only thing I'd actually miss are the electric tools (mostly the drill) and the Macerators. The former is mostly convenience, since you don't have to make new tools, and the latter is mostly for duping the ores. Since the TC2 furnace does something similar, albeit with a lower conversion rate, I could probably do without this as well.
    Spoiler
    Show

29. - Top - End - #1079
    Ettin in the Playground

So, given the issues with IC2 and BC and the porting that comes with it... what is the general opinion on saying "Eff it" and updating to 1.2.5 without them? Back to regular bukkitery (And its plugins, which can probably replace some of those functions) without all this porting crap. (With these added back in at some point later with a proper API.)

Of course that would mean no more macerators, drills, quantum suits and mass fabs... (Jeez, bumming myself out here. We've become so dependant on this stuff...)

Btw, Shneekey, the reason that takes so long is because some of the creators got fed up with the updating situation and have essentially left until things are back in order.
    Last edited by Domochevsky; 2012-04-22 at 01:35 AM.
    Mah Badges!
    Spoiler
    Show

30. - Top - End - #1080
    Ogre in the Playground

Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo ooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo! Not. My. Stuff. You. Don't.
    Show

Credit to DarkCorax.
    Credit to me.
    Credit to me.