New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 37 of 49 FirstFirst ... 12272829303132333435363738394041424344454647 ... LastLast
Results 1,081 to 1,110 of 1466
  1. - Top - End - #1081
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: Iskandar's Travels in Minecraft: The LP and the MP Server Thread MKII

Yeah, I'm rather fond of my power armour.

2. - Top - End - #1082
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: Iskandar's Travels in Minecraft: The LP and the MP Server Thread MKII

Heh, figured as much. Guess we'll have to wait a bit longer then.
    (Possibly even until 1.3.)
    Mah Badges!
    Spoiler
    Show

Hey, check out my site. (It has interactive comics, stories and coding efforts.)

3. - Top - End - #1083
    Titan in the Playground

Wow... RP2 computers. No, really. She packed a virtualized version of FORTH into the latest release. I'm only just starting to scratch the surface of everything this can do.

A finely crafted link will take you to my youtube video demoing some of this and that.

With the way computers are set up, you can have a terminal in your base, with the actual processor and boot disk buried deep underground in a reinforced stone bunker, and able to connect to as many I/O devices as you hook up, which means one terminal can, theoretically, be a master control unit for just about everything you can control with a redstone signal. Buildcraft engines, forestry machines, refineries... yea, it's kinda like that.

I also came up with a cute trick using logistics pipes and the default routing going back into my sorting chest.

And that's just using the IOX! command. That's not even getting into logic with IF/ELSE/THEN and DO loops.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Underlord View Post
    All hail great Shneekeythulhu! Ia Ia Shneeky fthagn
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quite possibly, the best rebuttal I have ever witnessed.
    Joker Bard - the DM's solution to the Batman Wizard.
    Takahashi no Onisan - The scariest Samurai alive
    Incarnum and YOU: a reference guide
    Soulmelds, by class and slot: Another Incarnum reference
    Multiclassing for Newbies: A reference guide for the rest of us

My homebrew world in progress: Falcora

4. - Top - End - #1084
    Titan in the Playground

Well, I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but it looks as though Spawn Town has taken a few hits recently. One of the market stalls burned to the ground. More gravely, however, the Theater has suffered extensive fire damage. The northern entrance and multiple levels of seating look burned. Thankfully, the water failsafe worked, and the structure still stands.

Detrepid and Sagitus, I don't know if you still subscribe to this thread, but if so, you now have a damaged project. As someone who loves spending time in the Theater, I hope you find time to restore it to its glory in the near future.
    Last edited by 3SecondCultist; 2012-04-22 at 08:18 PM.
    Spoiler: Stuff I'm Working On
    Show
    Small Justice

An ongoing web serial about politics, vengeance, and miniature lizards. Go check it out!

Quote Originally Posted by Zeno Desaqqara View Post
    You divine bastard.

"Life is to be lived, not controlled; and humanity is won by continuing to play in the face of certain defeat."

5. - Top - End - #1085
    Ettin in the Playground

I checked the area... and apparently the market stall got hit by a ghast. Someone apparently lured one over, accidentally or not. (Which i would consider either raw incompetence or outright treason.)

On the other hand, the theater also got hit by a ghast, which is a lot harder to explain than the market stall.

Both areas have been repaired.
    Last edited by Domochevsky; 2012-04-23 at 01:00 PM.
    Mah Badges!
    Spoiler
    Show

Hey, check out my site. (It has interactive comics, stories and coding efforts.)

6. - Top - End - #1086
    Titan in the Playground

Intelligence Report III:
    Landin, 23rd of Shattering, 2381

Greetings,

I hope that this is not the last report that is sent off from the bureau. Gods know, it has been a while since paper has crossed Malthis' desk. At any rate, the need for action is dire. Over the past months, we have seen the alien front advancing on many of our structures and certain underground rifts. We remain unaware of their ultimate goal. However, hostilities have developed even faster than we had feared. Several of the landing craft have dropped off what look to be mechanical constructs. Blaze detachments have been seen, and casualty counts among our infantry are high. It is only a matter of time before the enemy enters Spawn Town proper. If you are reading this, then the lives of the colonists are in your hands. We have come so far together - for our capital to fall into the hands of the enemy would be no less than disaster.

May you remain vigilant,
    3SC, Chief Recon Officer and Custodian

Show
    Small Justice

An ongoing web serial about politics, vengeance, and miniature lizards. Go check it out!

You divine bastard.

"Life is to be lived, not controlled; and humanity is won by continuing to play in the face of certain defeat."

7. - Top - End - #1087
    Ogre in the Playground

To build on the report by 3Sec, the infantrymen manning the downed ship appear to be alright for the moment, but they won't hold out for long.
    Quote Originally Posted by 3SecondCultist View Post
    Yeah, DreamingMage honestly thinks he is a god. Over the years, I've found it best just to go with it.
    Spoiler: Things I Once Was But No Longer Entirely Am
    Show

Previous Usernames: DreamingMage, Zeno Desaqqara
    Credit to araveugnitsuga.
    Credit to DarkCorax.
    Credit to me.
    Credit to me.

8. - Top - End - #1088
    Bugbear in the Playground

And I'm home. Ugh. Emergency trip to visit my fiance, whose cat died. In Alabama. 650 miles away. One way.

But emotional plus pregnant plus alone is not a good combination, so I went. She feels a bit better, the baby is fine, and I am home, and REALLY, REALLY tired.

I feel like death, but I have another episode uploading now that I recorded before leaving, the third in my RPG playthrough, the link to which is in my signature.

Also, Redpower and IC2 both updated to 1.2.5 in my absence so I will be building a mod pack for my Industrial LP sometime in the next day or two. When I feel less like death warmed over.
    My youtube channel, featuring LPs of Minecraft and various other indie games: http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCa98B36NhE0lWNEn3lGc86Q

9. - Top - End - #1089
    Ettin in the Playground

Unrelated to Iska's plight: Apparently ICē and BC and now properly out and ported for 1.2.x, so we can attempt to update now.

The question is: Shall we?
    Mah Badges!
    Spoiler
    Show

10. - Top - End - #1090
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Domochevsky View Post
    Unrelated to Iska's plight: Apparently ICē and BC and now properly out and ported for 1.2.x, so we can attempt to update now.

The question is: Shall we?
    Is there nothing stopping us? No? Then let us proceed!
    Show
    Small Justice

You divine bastard.

11. - Top - End - #1091
    Ogre in the Playground

Indeed. Getting diamond pipes back would be nice.
    Yeah, DreamingMage honestly thinks he is a god. Over the years, I've found it best just to go with it.
    Show

Credit to DarkCorax.
    Credit to me.
    Credit to me.

12. - Top - End - #1092
    Titan in the Playground

Another note: I have decided that I very much dislike recording LP videos, so I am leaving the prestigious job up to DreamingMage. I might pop up in the occasional cameo, but other than that, no more videos for me.
    Show
    Small Justice

You divine bastard.

13. - Top - End - #1093
    Ettin in the Playground

The server has now been updated 1.2.5. So far nothing seems to be too broken, but it looks like the Solar Arrays aren't properly updated. They still require MLMP instead of FMP. So they can't be used currently. I suspect they will update properly soon though. (And we're gonna overhaul the lighting of spawn town anyway, what with the new redstone lamps.)

And yes, you will be compensated for any arrays that are lost (or just wait until the mod is in again and you get new arrays). You know the drill.

We are now using BC 2.2.14, ICē 1.95, Modloader and Forge 3.1.3.99 (which includes ForgeMP).
    Mah Badges!
    Spoiler
    Show

14. - Top - End - #1094
    Titan in the Playground

So, going back to basics, eh? At least until we get our arrays back. I've been longing for a challenge.

Also, Sarthulis and I are working on building a new port town in the south, called Kharbranth. So far, we have built docks, a town hall, and are working on NPC housing, an observatory, and a lighthouse. Planned projects include a schooner, a small fortress, and a town park. A two way TP array goes to the Public Works section of the TP Hall.

I will also need:
    6 HV Arrays (3072 Panels)
    16 LV Arrays (128 Panels)
    Last edited by 3SecondCultist; 2012-04-25 at 09:24 AM.
    Show
    Small Justice

You divine bastard.

15. - Top - End - #1095
    Ogre in the Playground

So we lost our l33t weapons from the invasion event? Oh well. I'll need...

HV Arrays: 10 (5120 individual panels)
    MV Arrays: 5 (320 individual panels)
    LV Arrays: 3 (24 individual panels)

Though, having seen those numbers, I think I'll wait for the mod to update for the moment.
    Show

Credit to DarkCorax.
    Credit to me.
    Credit to me.

16. - Top - End - #1096
    Barbarian in the Playground

I may need a hand in updating, as for solar pannels, I lost:

5HV panel.
    2MV panel.
    1LV panel.

Also, I may be a hand to hold and walk me through Install. Should be back on this weekend sometime.

17. - Top - End - #1097
    Ettin in the Playground

Due to various errors we have returned to 1.1. Because inexplicable memory leaks and heavy server lag (30+ seconds between ticks) related to our current world are fun. Same as chunk corruption.
    Mah Badges!
    Spoiler
    Show

18. - Top - End - #1098

Ok, I am rebuilding my Industrial LP, much like I did with my RPG LP. However, I'm having issues, mostly with block conflicts. ID resolver fixed a lot of that, and caused some other issues, which I now have solved. I think.

However, I feel like I'm missing something. So, anyone here have any suggestions for some good quality idustrial ish type mods? I have Buildcraft, IC2, Redpower, a lot of additional Buldcraft pipes, Forestry, as well as the usual support mods of Rei's minimap, Somnia, Inventory Tweaks, Treecapitator.

I have no interest of adding either Equilivent Exchange (a tad over powered when mixed with IC2) or Thaumcraft 2 (wrong theme), but I'm open to any other suggestions. I WOULD have added Railcraft, but it refused to play nicely with something, causing a crash I have yet to figure out.

So, yes, suggestions, anyone?
    My youtube channel, featuring LPs of Minecraft and various other indie games: http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCa98B36NhE0lWNEn3lGc86Q

19. - Top - End - #1099
    Ogre in the Playground

Not sure you could get it to play nicely, but if you can, Millenaire makes a good place to spend the results of your industrial efforts. Combining it with buildcraft's pipe system can make for an extensive trading network if you find a way to keep the whole map loaded (though doing that kills your processor).
    Show

Credit to DarkCorax.
    Credit to me.
    Credit to me.

20. - Top - End - #1100
    Titan in the Playground

Minefactory Reloaded can be nice for additional levels of automation, provided you can get it to work with the others.
    I used to do LP's. Currently archived here:

My Youtube Channel

The rest of my Sig:
    Spoiler
    Show

My Games:
    The Great Divide Dark Heresy - Finished
    They All Uprose Dark Heresy - Finished
    Dead in the Water Dark Heresy - Finished
    House of Glass Dark Heresy - Deceased

We All Fall Down Dark Heresy - Finished

Sea of Stars Rogue Trader - Ongoing

21. - Top - End - #1101
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by DreamingMage View Post
    Not sure you could get it to play nicely, but if you can, Millenaire makes a good place to spend the results of your industrial efforts. Combining it with buildcraft's pipe system can make for an extensive trading network if you find a way to keep the whole map loaded (though doing that kills your processor).
    Additional Pipes comes with a Chunk Loader block, which can keep blocks loaded, however I think the towns still go inactive if you get too far, chunk loading block or not.

As far as mods... you've hit the Big Four... IC2, RP2, BC, and Forestry.

I think your big problem with Railcraft is that you ran out of Block ID's. Remember, you only have around 250 of them, and IC2/RP2/BC/Forestry take up a bunch of those. If you ran out of Block ID's then your ID Conflict Resolution program may have assigned block ID's above the 'safe' number which caused your crash.

DireWolf20 apparently found something that lets him have a bunch more Block ID's, which he is using for his Season 4 of his Let's Play. Perhaps nipping over there to see if it is something you can use may help you with your problem.

If you're going with Railcraft, you may also want to try Steve's Carts. They seem to go hand-in-hand.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Underlord View Post
    All hail great Shneekeythulhu! Ia Ia Shneeky fthagn
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quite possibly, the best rebuttal I have ever witnessed.
    Joker Bard - the DM's solution to the Batman Wizard.
    Takahashi no Onisan - The scariest Samurai alive
    Incarnum and YOU: a reference guide
    Soulmelds, by class and slot: Another Incarnum reference
    Multiclassing for Newbies: A reference guide for the rest of us

My homebrew world in progress: Falcora

22. - Top - End - #1102
    Ogre in the Playground

I think Robinton, the guy who makes CubicChunks, made something to give you more block IDs.
    Also, you can set the distance at which villages in Millenaire freeze in the config, or disable freezing entirely.
    Show

Credit to DarkCorax.
    Credit to me.
    Credit to me.

23. - Top - End - #1103

Yeah, ID Resolver, which became necessary, has as its prerequisite 4096 IDs, which, as it says on the tin, gives you 4096 block IDs instead of 256. The problem is it shifts a lot of the default IDs around, which Railcraft is REALLY, REALY unhappy with. It also shifted Item IDs as well, which caused problems with IC2, but I fixed those.

Edit: No, no, apparently the brand new version of Railcraft fixed things. Right then. Haven't installed Millenaire. I might, or might not. But at least everything else is working
    Last edited by Iskandar; 2012-04-27 at 11:18 PM.

24. - Top - End - #1104
    Titan in the Playground

My word, there WAS a lot of damage in that fight with the aliens, wasn't there? I've patched up the theater, some minor damage to the YersulCorp building, and some other stuff I noticed. I've also added a couple more buildings to the University Complex.
    I used to do LP's. Currently archived here:

My Youtube Channel

The rest of my Sig:
    Spoiler
    Show

My Games:
    The Great Divide Dark Heresy - Finished
    They All Uprose Dark Heresy - Finished
    Dead in the Water Dark Heresy - Finished
    House of Glass Dark Heresy - Deceased

We All Fall Down Dark Heresy - Finished

Sea of Stars Rogue Trader - Ongoing

25. - Top - End - #1105
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Destro_Yersul View Post
    My word, there WAS a lot of damage in that fight with the aliens, wasn't there? I've patched up the theater, some minor damage to the YersulCorp building, and some other stuff I noticed. I've also added a couple more buildings to the University Complex.
    Wait, the theater got hit AGAIN? That's three times. I'm glad the ghasts are all gone now, but damn, that is quite a target. I feel sorry for the actors.
    Show
    Small Justice

You divine bastard.

26. - Top - End - #1106

I'm TRYING to get an Industrial LP episode off the ground. Trying being the operative word. I've got the technical issues cleared up, finally, but I'm just not getting a good start. Either I start in the most hilly terrain ever, and thus no Millenaire villages, or the middle of the ocean, or I get put in a desert, where I get Hindi villages, which I do not want because I've already dealt with them before.

Still, expect the rebooted Iskandar's Travels in Industrial Minecraft sometime soon. Like in 24 hours or so.

27. - Top - End - #1107

Ok, a little longer than expected, but I finally got an Industrial episode up. Well, part one is up, part two is uploading, and I'll have part three (the finale) up an hour after that.

Took a while to finda start I liked, but I nailed it, I think.

28. - Top - End - #1108
    Ettin in the Playground

Note: We now updated to 1.2.5. This time things seem to be slightly less broken, but it looks like chunks with foam cables in them got reset. I found two chunks like that at spawn so far. (Both my constructions, which is unfortunate, but repairable.) :/

All solar panels still vanished, but they work and can be placed again. So i can hand out new ones as necessary. (We gotta make sure we become less dependant on ICē. So all lights at spawn will be replaced with redstone lamps when we have the opportunity.)

Keep an eye out for other issues.
    Last edited by Domochevsky; 2012-05-03 at 06:42 AM.
    Mah Badges!
    Spoiler
    Show

29. - Top - End - #1109
    Titan in the Playground

I will also need:
    6 HV Arrays (3072 Panels)
    16 LV Arrays (128 Panels)
    48 Solar Panels
    There you are! A list of all of the solar panels I need replaced.
    Last edited by 3SecondCultist; 2012-05-03 at 07:49 AM.
    Show
    Small Justice

You divine bastard.

30. - Top - End - #1110
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by DreamingMage View Post
    So we lost our l33t weapons from the invasion event? Oh well. I'll need...

HV Arrays: 10 (5120 individual panels)
    MV Arrays: 5 (320 individual panels)
    LV Arrays: 3 (24 individual panels)

Though, having seen those numbers, I think I'll wait for the mod to update for the moment.
    The number of HVs is actually 11, I'd forgotten the one at the Valley.
    Show

Credit to DarkCorax.
    Credit to me.
    Credit to me.