New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 39 of 49 FirstFirst ... 142930313233343536373839404142434445464748 ... LastLast
Results 1,141 to 1,170 of 1466
  1. - Top - End - #1141
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: Iskandar's Travels in Minecraft: The LP and the MP Server Thread MKII

Unrelated: We are now back to the regular map. Experience has been gained by this.

(Also, a OOC question of sorts: What is the general opinion on changing the world generator to skylands and sundering the world in a daring move done by the alien forces? This is kind of a big thing and i'm pondering how to keep these things interesting for you people. So some consensus beforehand is probably a good idea.)
    Last edited by Domochevsky; 2012-05-19 at 06:39 PM.
    Mah Badges!
    Spoiler
    Show

Hey, check out my site. (It has interactive comics, stories and coding efforts.)

2. - Top - End - #1142
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Iskandar's Travels in Minecraft: The LP and the MP Server Thread MKII

That might be kinda cool, but I'd worry about people in Quantum falling off and breaking the world.
    I used to do LP's. Currently archived here:

My Youtube Channel

The rest of my Sig:
    Spoiler
    Show

My Games:
    The Great Divide Dark Heresy - Finished
    They All Uprose Dark Heresy - Finished
    Dead in the Water Dark Heresy - Finished
    House of Glass Dark Heresy - Deceased

We All Fall Down Dark Heresy - Finished

Sea of Stars Rogue Trader - Ongoing

3. - Top - End - #1143
    Ogre in the Playground

Now, I for one wouldn't mind the world generator being changed to that, just as long as the existing world isn't changed.
    Quote Originally Posted by 3SecondCultist View Post
    Yeah, DreamingMage honestly thinks he is a god. Over the years, I've found it best just to go with it.
    Spoiler: Things I Once Was But No Longer Entirely Am
    Show

Previous Usernames: DreamingMage, Zeno Desaqqara
    Credit to araveugnitsuga.
    Credit to DarkCorax.
    Credit to me.
    Credit to me.

4. - Top - End - #1144
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by DreamingMage View Post
    Now, I for one wouldn't mind the world generator being changed to that, just as long as the existing world isn't changed.
    Well, we would have to convert it all over, otherwise we would end up with a horrifically mangled map. We can't use Multiworld either, because apparently it doesn't play well with IC2.

That, plus the loss of mineral veins (also barring quite a bit of new interest, as they would have to do way more work in order to catch up with us) and the whole 'quantum breaking' thing, kind of clinches my vote to the negative.

I can see why it is awesome (I mean, floating rail systems + jetpacks + airships + island projects), however I am not willing to sacrifice the world we're on just for a new terrain generator. Ultimately, there would be a net loss.

However, knowing Domo, we're going to be forced to do it anyways...
    Last edited by 3SecondCultist; 2012-05-21 at 10:02 PM.
    Spoiler: Stuff I'm Working On
    Show
    Small Justice

An ongoing web serial about politics, vengeance, and miniature lizards. Go check it out!

Quote Originally Posted by Zeno Desaqqara View Post
    You divine bastard.

"Life is to be lived, not controlled; and humanity is won by continuing to play in the face of certain defeat."

5. - Top - End - #1145
    Barbarian in the Playground

In regards to new world VS. Old World, I think the challenge would be interesting, but if we do use it, We will be Isolating ourselves from new players. Also, all Quantium Chest-plates will need to be traded into Domo or distroyied

6. - Top - End - #1146
    Ettin in the Playground

Ok, so presuming that we don't sunder the world... for a alternate approach i have now enable multiworlds and placed the skylands above our current world. You can reach it via a teleporter in the desert district of Spawn Town. (Also, if you fall off an island you will land back on the old world.)

The downside of this setup:
    - More strain on the server
    - All teleporters need to be reestablished (Aliens did it.)
    - ICē/BC are not bukkit plugins, so there's a very high chance that they will break in unexpected ways

Look at it and tell me what you think. (Personally i'm in favor of Sundering, but despite what Cultist makes it sound like i can't exactly force this on you. Nerfing your tools however to deescalate the conflict is perfectly fine. )
    Mah Badges!
    Spoiler
    Show

Hey, check out my site. (It has interactive comics, stories and coding efforts.)

7. - Top - End - #1147
    Ogre in the Playground

Domo... the... what... map... WHAT HAVE YOU DONE? Please tell me you kept a backup.
    Yeah, DreamingMage honestly thinks he is a god. Over the years, I've found it best just to go with it.
    Show

Credit to DarkCorax.
    Credit to me.
    Credit to me.

8. - Top - End - #1148
    Titan in the Playground

Have I missed something apocalyptic? I can't get on the server right now to check myself, my main computer has lost access to the internet, and the laptop I'm using lacks minecraft.

My Youtube Channel

The rest of my Sig:
    Spoiler
    Show

My Games:

9. - Top - End - #1149
    Ettin in the Playground

I did some heavy map croppings in order to reduce the overall amount of chunk errors (which are horribly numerous), but of course this is still a 1.1 map with 1.2 map generation added to it. So there are horrible borders around everything again for which i have no solution currently.

On the plus side, now we can actually import the ship without MCEdit constantly crashing.
    Mah Badges!
    Spoiler
    Show

10. - Top - End - #1150
    Ogre in the Playground

You cut the back of Sarthulis' house off, cropped several of my lone projects, and all the teleporters are broken. GAH
    Not to mention the HOLE running around the back of Karbranth. Sheez...
    Show

Credit to DarkCorax.
    Credit to me.
    Credit to me.

11. - Top - End - #1151
    Titan in the Playground

well, the teleporters breaking are a result of multiworlds, aren't they?

My Youtube Channel

The rest of my Sig:
    Spoiler
    Show

My Games:

12. - Top - End - #1152
    Ettin in the Playground

You cut the back of Sarthulis' house off, cropped several of my lone projects, and all the teleporters are broken. GAH
    Not to mention the HOLE running around the back of Karbranth. Sheez...
    Ffs...

The teleporters breaking are part of multiworld indeed. We need to relink all of them. (And i can't roll that back as i don't know how Runecraft does its thing. According to the console everything's fine.)

The house and the hole (where the hell did that come from?) should be fixed now. I couldn't tell where your projects were.

Trivia: The map size has decreased from 500mb to 110mb.
    Mah Badges!
    Spoiler
    Show

13. - Top - End - #1153
    Ogre in the Playground

Ah well. It's mainly trivial stuff that got cropped, but nonetheless stuff I liked. I think I'm going to be taking a while off anyways to work on something else. On a completely unrelated note, I'm running a small server of my own over the summer. It's just running buildcraft and runecraft, and if you die you get banned for a few months. Should be fun. Server IP is 174.116.250.169 if anyone should find themselves interested. (Don't worry, domo and iska. I'm not trying to usurp you or anything. Just figured that certain people might benefit from a break where they can destroy and kill to their pleasure, as long as they can stay alive. Its going back down in about a month anyways.)
    Last edited by Sen isSaqqara; 2012-05-24 at 11:37 PM.
    Show

Credit to DarkCorax.
    Credit to me.
    Credit to me.

14. - Top - End - #1154

How would everyone feel about adding This IC addon? It would require a client side mod, but it adds several blocks that help with nuclear reactors, and breeder reactors.

15. - Top - End - #1155
    Ogre in the Playground

Perhaps. I don't mind Client-side stuff.
    Show

Credit to DarkCorax.
    Credit to me.
    Credit to me.

16. - Top - End - #1156

In sever news, New Rainwater is coming along swimmingly, with two of three major research goals having been accomplished. The third is slightly more difficult, but should provide a meaty challenge.

Dr ZaIn, PHD

17. - Top - End - #1157
    Titan in the Playground

PhD has a small 'h' in it, Dr. ZaIn.

My Youtube Channel

The rest of my Sig:
    Spoiler
    Show

My Games:

18. - Top - End - #1158

Not when it's not a real PhD

In all seriousness, New Rainwater is coming along, and the Industrial district is close to what I would call "finished" Basically, there is a 9 overclocked Solar powered Version of every IC machine Available for public use.

19. - Top - End - #1159
    Ogre in the Playground

Where is everyone? I haven't seen anyone but domo and zain for ages!

On another note, new house. On an artificial floating island. With a great view of both sunrise and sunset, no less.
    Spoiler
    Show

Sheez you guys start building stuff again. I feel like the entire world has gone silent.
    Show

Credit to DarkCorax.
    Credit to me.
    Credit to me.

20. - Top - End - #1160

Where is everyone? I haven't seen anyone but domo and zain for ages!

On another note, new house. On an artificial floating island. With a great view of both sunrise and sunset, no less.
    Spoiler
    Show

Sheez you guys start building stuff again. I feel like the entire world has gone silent.
    Item 1: Nice work there Zeno, we should do a collaborate project at some point.

Item 2: SOMEONE ELSE GET ON DAMN IT. NPCS only go so far.

21. - Top - End - #1161
    Titan in the Playground

Well, I am in Paris at the moment, and without a working mods folder. Without this, I can do very little.

However, I do very much want to finish the Aerie and maybe help on a community project. Those are always fun.
    Spoiler: Stuff I'm Working On
    Show
    Small Justice

An ongoing web serial about politics, vengeance, and miniature lizards. Go check it out!

Quote Originally Posted by Zeno Desaqqara View Post
    You divine bastard.

"Life is to be lived, not controlled; and humanity is won by continuing to play in the face of certain defeat."

22. - Top - End - #1162
    Titan in the Playground

I've been busy with work, and the Humble Indie Bundle 5. I'm not actually sure if my mods folder is up to date, either. Shall have to look into it tonight.

I do mean to come back on and build more, though.

My Youtube Channel

The rest of my Sig:
    Spoiler
    Show

My Games:

23. - Top - End - #1163

Right, As far as collaborative projects go, I'm starting what I'm calling project Red Sky.

Basically, a working solar powered fireworks display above/near Spawn-town.
    The plan is to have UU-generated TNT launched into the Air by Scorpion Class Mortars to timing of a simple note block melody. The display will be triggered by pushing a button, then a redstone signal will do the rest. I'm not sure if/how reloading will be done. (by hand if needed)

I've placed a sigh near a possible location, And I'll be sure to add chests and such as needed.

To Zeno
    Spoiler
    Show
    Zeno, if your interested, would you mind providing a 9OC macerator and Industrial Forge, as well as the panels required to power them? Every other machine is easily available in the industrial district, but the Macerator and Furnaces are BCed into the Metal foundry, and cannot easily be accessed separately.

To 3sec/Destro/Domo
    Spoiler
    Show
    If the three of you don't mind, a block colour scheme is needed. Right now I'm thinking a mix of jungle wood panels, bricks, and stone bricks, but any other ideas would be welcome. Also, the lighting style is up in the air. Right now I'm thinking a mix of redstone and glowstone lamps, but suggestions are welcome

To Diamond Dragon/Anyone skilled with Redstone
    Spoiler
    Show
    I'm gonna need help wiring the darn thing. I have a basic idea on how to do so (signs and repeaters) but if anyone has the patience to check the wiring that would be incredibly helpful. There are three of the basic mortars near spawn, and I can also build a sort of a cut-away if that would be helpful

To everyone (spoilers for the sake of spoilers)
    Spoiler
    Show
    This may very well be the project we need to get everyone back online (and possibly re-launch that LP) The Big thing to remember is that the entire thing needs to stay in scale, mostly because the system will not work if the project gets to big. The Project is divided into two halves, the Fireworks and the music. The exact song I was thinking was This one, but I'm not super attached.

24. - Top - End - #1164
    Bugbear in the Playground

While I am a little busy right now (and now have the account name of dr_math), I would be happy to help check your wiring/help make it, however, I do not know exactly how mortars work, which may be a problem.
    Last edited by Dragon Elite; 2012-06-08 at 10:19 PM.
    -- The Dragon
    Spoiler
    Show

25. - Top - End - #1165
    Ogre in the Playground

Hey I have a question, do you let new people on the server? I've always wanted to mess around with the industrial mods on a multiplayer server...

Also what mods do you use, and is there anyway to easily add/remove them?
    My deaths to wolves (or other evil night killers)
    Spoiler
    Show

Spytrap III, Ultimate Kaos II, Monty Python, Twin Village, Invasion of the Zombies: Outbreak, Vampires III

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow
    I think Lamech will make a great Sephiroth.
    A new New York IC OOC

26. - Top - End - #1166
    Ogre in the Playground

Sure. You just need IC2, BC2, and compact solar panels (I think). I think there's a discussion about changing mods in and out easily further up in the thread, if you want to go find it.

On an unrelated note, can we get a map update soon, Domo?

On another unrelated note, I just had an idea. An idea so fantastic, it may just be the best idea ever. Maybe. Probably not. Anyways: After seeing that entire royal thingamajig they put on for the royalty in the UK, it occurred to me that we should totally have a Royal Visit from Iska! We can use Zain's new fireworks display, we'll get Spawntown all fancy, we can move a bunch of ships into place overhead and all. It'll be great!
    Show

Credit to DarkCorax.
    Credit to me.
    Credit to me.

27. - Top - End - #1167

Quote Originally Posted by Lamech View Post
    Hey I have a question, do you let new people on the server? I've always wanted to mess around with the industrial mods on a multiplayer server...

We use:
    Buildcraft 2.2.14
    Industrial craft 2 1.95b
    Compact solars 2.2.0.5
    and there is some talk of adding the Nuclear Control Add-on
    We also use Runecraft and some other server side only ones, but you shouldn't need to worry about thoses.

On another unrelated note, I just had an idea. An idea so fantastic, it may just be the best idea ever. Maybe. Probably not. Anyways: After seeing that entire royal thingamajig they put on for the royalty in the UK, it occurred to me that we should totally have a Royal Visit from Iska! We can use Zain's new fireworks display, we'll get Spawntown all fancy, we can move a bunch of ships into place overhead and all. It'll be great!
    Sounds like a plan, although Red-Sky still needs to be wired together, although one of seven mortars are working!

28. - Top - End - #1168
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Lamech View Post

Welcome aboard then, i'd say, if you're up for it. The directions to get onto mumble beforehand should be in the first post.
    Mah Badges!
    Spoiler
    Show

29. - Top - End - #1169

Project Report Red sky (AKA fireworks)

Despite some mishaps with a dozen or so Creepers, Project Red-Sky is coming along swimmingly. It's about 25% compete, and is working at about 12.5% per work day.

If we could get a timeline on that Visit, that would be wonderful Zeno.

30. - Top - End - #1170
    Ogre in the Playground

...okay, I'll probably install my mods and go on today.

Is there anything specific the newbie should do? More importantly, is there a specific theme that should be kept to?

Also, just to confirm: we're using the current version of Minecraft, right? I don't have to back-date it?
    Last edited by horngeek; 2012-06-11 at 06:46 PM.

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Revlid View Post
    And so it was that Zaeed, Aang, Winry, Ezio, Sadoko and Snow White all set out on their epic journey to destroy The Empire.

God I love Exalted.

Gold Dragon avatar by Serpentine