New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 40 of 49 FirstFirst ... 153031323334353637383940414243444546474849 LastLast
Results 1,171 to 1,200 of 1466
  1. - Top - End - #1171
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: Iskandar's Travels in Minecraft: The LP and the MP Server Thread MKII

No, Build just about whatever you want

If you need a hand with installing the mods, or want some conversation while playing, feel free to pop onto the mumble sever. Domo and I are normally online.

2. - Top - End - #1172
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Iskandar's Travels in Minecraft: The LP and the MP Server Thread MKII

That's also where I should go to get the address of the server, isn't it?

I actually don't know how to install mods individually (first time doing it).

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Revlid View Post
    And so it was that Zaeed, Aang, Winry, Ezio, Sadoko and Snow White all set out on their epic journey to destroy The Empire.

God I love Exalted.

Gold Dragon avatar by Serpentine

3. - Top - End - #1173

We'd be happy to walk you through it.

4. - Top - End - #1174
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Zain View Post
    We use:
    Buildcraft 2.2.14
    Industrial craft 2 1.95b
    Compact solars 2.2.0.5
    and there is some talk of adding the Nuclear Control Add-on
    We also use Runecraft and some other server side only ones, but you shouldn't need to worry about thoses.
    So I have installed industrial craft! Then I tried to install buildcraft and it gave me about five options Except I'm not sure which five options to use, is it just the core?
    My deaths to wolves (or other evil night killers)
    Spoiler
    Show

Spytrap III, Ultimate Kaos II, Monty Python, Twin Village, Invasion of the Zombies: Outbreak, Vampires III

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow
    I think Lamech will make a great Sephiroth.
    A new New York IC OOC

5. - Top - End - #1175
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Lamech View Post
    So I have installed industrial craft! Then I tried to install buildcraft and it gave me about five options Except I'm not sure which five options to use, is it just the core?
    All of 'em.

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Revlid View Post
    And so it was that Zaeed, Aang, Winry, Ezio, Sadoko and Snow White all set out on their epic journey to destroy The Empire.

God I love Exalted.

Gold Dragon avatar by Serpentine

6. - Top - End - #1176
    Ogre in the Playground

Hey do you dump the buildcraft files directly in the jar, or does it go into the mod folder? Edit: NVM, it says what to do on their site
    Last edited by Lamech; 2012-06-12 at 06:12 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show

Spytrap III, Ultimate Kaos II, Monty Python, Twin Village, Invasion of the Zombies: Outbreak, Vampires III

A new New York IC OOC

7. - Top - End - #1177
    Ogre in the Playground

Okay one final question, where can I get that version of compact solar? Or will this one do? Its the only one I've been able to find... Edit: I think I got it...
    Last edited by Lamech; 2012-06-12 at 06:50 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show

A new New York IC OOC

8. - Top - End - #1178

Well Red-sky is competed, Zeno, if you want to do that Royal visit thing, I'm pretty open in about a week. (exams)

9. - Top - End - #1179
    Ogre in the Playground

A couple questions:
    1) Is there a mod that prevents enviormental damage to mobs?
    2) Are their any dungeons/monster spawners?
    2a) If I find a monster spawner, can I set up a system to exploit it?
    2b) If I do find a monster spawner and I set up a system to exploit it, am I allowed to take the whole monster cap limit for the world?
    3) How is the nether managed?
    Spoiler
    Show

A new New York IC OOC

10. - Top - End - #1180
    Titan in the Playground

Okay, I am having some issues getting onto Mumble. Apparently, I need some sort of password that I do not possess. Alternatively, I am missing the port and the address of the server.

Help, please?
    Last edited by 3SecondCultist; 2012-06-19 at 02:59 PM.
    Spoiler: Stuff I'm Working On
    Show
    Small Justice

An ongoing web serial about politics, vengeance, and miniature lizards. Go check it out!

Quote Originally Posted by Zeno Desaqqara View Post
    You divine bastard.

"Life is to be lived, not controlled; and humanity is won by continuing to play in the face of certain defeat."

11. - Top - End - #1181
    Ettin in the Playground

A couple questions:
    1) Is there a mod that prevents enviormental damage to mobs?
    2) Are their any dungeons/monster spawners?
    2a) If I find a monster spawner, can I set up a system to exploit it?
    2b) If I do find a monster spawner and I set up a system to exploit it, am I allowed to take the whole monster cap limit for the world?
    1. I don't think so, no
    2. Yeah, there should still be plenty around
    -a. Sure
    -b. You'd be hard pressed to do that. Go for a somewhat reasonable number.
    3. Right now? Not at all.

Also, Cultist... i have no idea what's up with that. I'm on it currently. You might wanna get Xeno to help you with that.
    Mah Badges!
    Spoiler
    Show

Hey, check out my site. (It has interactive comics, stories and coding efforts.)

12. - Top - End - #1182
    Titan in the Playground

Yeah, I'm following the link that Iskandar set up in the very first post, but it says "wrong password for registered users, please try again."
    Show
    Small Justice

An ongoing web serial about politics, vengeance, and miniature lizards. Go check it out!

You divine bastard.

"Life is to be lived, not controlled; and humanity is won by continuing to play in the face of certain defeat."

13. - Top - End - #1183

A couple questions:
    As far as I can tell, warping near spawn is kinda a crap-shoot. It doesn't want to link back to the same portal that I've been using to enter (arcanomages old one), preferring to spit me out underground near Detrepid and Sagitus' old cabin If there is a mod to force neither portals to link to each other, that would be preferable (it would also remove my teleporter based work around.)

14. - Top - End - #1184

NinjaGuy

If there is a mod to force neither portals to link to each other, that would be preferable
    Best I've seen for solutions to this are 2 options:

Easiest: Have 2-3 people online, send 1 into the nether. Destroy the related portals the (usually) 2 overworld portals and the nether portal. All at the same time. Then re-build one, preferably the desired source one, it should make a new one in the nether. The person in the nether can rebuild that portal, but it will make a new portal in the overworld.

Math Method: Take the co-ordinates of the overworld portal divide each co-ordinate by 8 (except Y). Go into the Nether, destroy the nether side portal. Go to your new Math'ed co-ordinate in the nether and make a new portal, it should link to the desired overworld portal.

15. - Top - End - #1185
    Colossus in the Playground

BlackDragon

In my experience, it's always better to create the portals on the Nether side where possible, because it's more likely to be able to create the matching pair in the correct place in the overworld. The distance compression in the Nether, combined with the huge lava lakes that are such a feature down there, mean portals can end up a very long way indeed from their intended destination!

16. - Top - End - #1186
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by factotum View Post
    In my experience, it's always better to create the portals on the Nether side where possible, because it's more likely to be able to create the matching pair in the correct place in the overworld. The distance compression in the Nether, combined with the huge lava lakes that are such a feature down there, mean portals can end up a very long way indeed from their intended destination!
    Indeed. Its better just to make portals where you want them manually and have them both match up. Also you can always link the nether side fairly easily with a rail system.

Quote Originally Posted by Domo
    -b. You'd be hard pressed to do that. Go for a somewhat reasonable number.
    Challenge Accepted!

Okay, now to find a dungeon, start a netherwart farm, get some blaze rods, build the monster mover system, and profit.
    Spoiler
    Show

A new New York IC OOC

17. - Top - End - #1187

Right, Firegate is coming along quite well, also, would anyone else be interested in renovating the public neither warp?

18. - Top - End - #1188
    Ogre in the Playground

I fing myself in rural Quebec at the moment, but should be home by a week from now and should be able to get back online. I'd love to help with Nether rennovations, if theres anything left to do when I get back.
    Quote Originally Posted by 3SecondCultist View Post
    Yeah, DreamingMage honestly thinks he is a god. Over the years, I've found it best just to go with it.
    Spoiler: Things I Once Was But No Longer Entirely Am
    Show

Previous Usernames: DreamingMage, Zeno Desaqqara
    Credit to araveugnitsuga.
    Credit to DarkCorax.
    Credit to me.
    Credit to me.

19. - Top - End - #1189

I have yet to start the public renovations, I've been thinking about introducing a sort of economy, as soon as I figure out a way to limit inflation (from you and 3sec, mostly)

20. - Top - End - #1190
    Titan in the Playground

Get Domo to disable mass fabricators. Tell everyone aliens did it.
    I used to do LP's. Currently archived here:

My Youtube Channel

The rest of my Sig:
    Spoiler
    Show

My Games:
    The Great Divide Dark Heresy - Finished
    They All Uprose Dark Heresy - Finished
    Dead in the Water Dark Heresy - Finished
    House of Glass Dark Heresy - Deceased

We All Fall Down Dark Heresy - Finished

Sea of Stars Rogue Trader - Ongoing

21. - Top - End - #1191

I'm not trying to shoot myself in the foot here, most probably I'll ask him to disable the crafting of something (that shall remain nameless for it's own protection) then use that as a currency, with a set inflation VIA Domo/Myself/Destro introducing new units =P

22. - Top - End - #1192
    Ogre in the Playground

I'm not trying to shoot myself in the foot here, most probably I'll ask him to disable the crafting of something (that shall remain nameless for it's own protection) then use that as a currency, with a set inflation VIA Domo/Myself/Destro introducing new units =P
    If there are mass fabricators what will need to be bought? (I still need to get my mass factory up and running...)
    Spoiler
    Show

A new New York IC OOC

23. - Top - End - #1193

Well the idea was to ease the transition between not having one and having one

mostly though, it would allow eventually to start trading stuff that cannot be mass fabed, such as leather, etc...

24. - Top - End - #1194
    Titan in the Playground

mostly though, it would allow eventually to start trading stuff that cannot be mass fabed, such as leather, etc...
    We did talk about setting a uranium standard, did we not? It would act much like a gold standard, and cannot be fabricated.
    Show
    Small Justice

You divine bastard.

25. - Top - End - #1195
    Ogre in the Playground

You can always get leather from scrap boxes... and scrap can be produced from matter. And scrap boxes can be autofired from the launchers, and then diamond pipes can separate stuff into the desired chests. Easy (well incredibly annoying and very slow) automated leather creation system. (I also need to get my scrap factory up and running...)
    Last edited by Lamech; 2012-06-22 at 11:32 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show

A new New York IC OOC

26. - Top - End - #1196

Quote Originally Posted by 3SecondCultist View Post
    We did talk about setting a uranium standard, did we not? It would act much like a gold standard, and cannot be fabricated.
    Hmm, see, the Uranium Standard depends on the efficiency of the reactor using it, although it would provide a nice base.

Right now, I'm building the First Spawn National Investment bank. Even If I don't start a currency unit, we'll still get a nice expansion to spawn

27. - Top - End - #1197
    Titan in the Playground

Hmm, see, the Uranium Standard depends on the efficiency of the reactor using it, although it would provide a nice base.

Right now, I'm building the First Spawn National Investment bank. Even If I don't start a currency unit, we'll still get a nice expansion to spawn
    A bank, eh? It would be pretty cool.

I am excited to get back online and begin building, but I am still having technical troubles.
    Show
    Small Justice

You divine bastard.

28. - Top - End - #1198
    Titan in the Playground

I was struck by inspiration. So I built a clock tower.

My Youtube Channel

The rest of my Sig:
    Spoiler
    Show

My Games:

29. - Top - End - #1199
    Ogre in the Playground

Is there any method of autoplanting in either buildcraft or industrial craft?
    Spoiler
    Show

A new New York IC OOC

30. - Top - End - #1200
    Titan in the Playground

I don't THINK so. I know there is in another mod, but we don't have that one.

My Youtube Channel

The rest of my Sig:
    Spoiler
    Show

My Games: