New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 10 of 49 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718192035 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #271
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: My Little Pony XXX: Trixie Treats!

On a tangentially related subject, how would non-unicorns draw/write? Magically holding the pen/quill/whatever in their hoof? Use their mouth, maybe? Become very good friends with someone who has thumbs or telekinesis? O.o

2. - Top - End - #272
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by byaku rai View Post
    On a tangentially related subject, how would non-unicorns draw/write? Magically holding the pen/quill/whatever in their hoof? Use their mouth, maybe? Become very good friends with someone who has thumbs or telekinesis? O.o
    We see Applebloom and other ponies in school using their mouths to hold pencils and write, so that would seem to be the default.
    "Ponies are proof that god loves us and wants us to be happy."-Ben Franklin

Rainbow dash...
    They're coming. The Shippers are coming for you, but listen—your life could depend on this—don't blink. Don't even blink. Blink and you're shipped. They are fast, faster than you could believe. Don't turn your back, don't look away, and don't blink. Good luck.

Gamerlord on EQD.
    Spoiler
    Show

3. - Top - End - #273
    Troll in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

ok..so what the heck... decided i may try and submit that quickie lil story over at EQD
    whats the worst can happen? they say no?
    ...or they ban me from the site
    ...or they ban me from the site and say no

posted it onto my DA here
    http://fluttershyworshipper.deviantart.com/#/d4eg003

if anyone wants to give it a once-over for glaring grammar mistakes and whatnot
    Ponies not only make ME want to be a better person than I was before they entered my life, they make me want to HELP OTHERS be better people too.

And that is a GOOD thing by any definition.

full size avatar

4. - Top - End - #274
    Troll in the Playground

It is done!

Ponythread Learns to Draw!

As stated in the OP, any and all are welcome, regardless of "artistic ability" (quoted because saying you have none is a lie). Feel free to post drawings/paintings/digital art/etc. of anything, pony or non-pony! Including stick figures, rough sketches, heck, even geometric shapes!

I'll close by ripping a quote from Thanqol:

You can be more.
    Last edited by the_druid_droid; 2011-10-30 at 10:29 AM.
    This Machine Surrounds Hate And Forces It To Surrender

Quote Originally Posted by Anarion View Post
    DD, your unicorn is stronger, prettier, and higher-ranking than mine, and her secret lab has a better name than mine. THERE SHALL BE NO QUARTER.

Spoiler
    Show
    Bleeeeh! Alfalfa Monster!

5. - Top - End - #275
    Firbolg in the Playground

Being busy with projects, and not being as active in ponythread, I seem to have missed Trixie appreciation day.

It's okay, because it's always Trixie Appreciation Always.
    Ask me about our low price vacation plans in the Elemental Plane of Puppies and Pie
    Spoiler
    Show

Evoker avatar by kpenguin. Evoker Pony by Dirtytabs. Grey Mouser, disciple of cupcakes by me. Any and all commiepuppies by BRC

6. - Top - End - #276
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Vent Reynolt View Post
    Sheesh, I was only joking about everypony loving Midnight. We all know that it's not compulsory to love Midnight... It's not like she could make us love her or anything...
    She can't make Leo... I dunno about everypony else.

Quote Originally Posted by BlasTech View Post
    Hosstralia? Well, the best I can think of is Oatstralia ... the name of a local brony group.

Of course, that's solely so it can be used in the phrase:

"And then I said, Oatstralia, are you crazy??" Answer: YES!
    That only works for Australia as it's written, not as it's pronounced though.
    Thanks to Dirty Tabs for the Travis pony.

Spoiler
    Show

Thanks to A Thousand Words for the My Little Simhata avatar, and thanks to Trixie for fixing the cropping.

Breakdown Twilight from Pony Halloween celebration, thanks to Thanqol.

Thanks to Akrim.Elf for the awesome Laharl pony.

7. - Top - End - #277
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by otakuryoga View Post
    ok..so what the heck... decided i may try and submit that quickie lil story over at EQD
    whats the worst can happen? they say no?
    ...or they ban me from the site
    ...or they ban me from the site and say no

posted it onto my DA here
    http://fluttershyworshipper.deviantart.com/#/d4eg003

if anyone wants to give it a once-over for glaring grammar mistakes and whatnot
    EqD has a word minimum of 2500+ words for one shots though. I'm not entirely sure if your fic meets that requirement.

I'll give it a one over.
    Last edited by Grif; 2011-10-30 at 11:17 AM.

8. - Top - End - #278
    Ogre in the Playground

My attempt at a FFRP was posted at a rather bad time, and after a bit of discussion over at the IRC I have decided that it's perhaps best to write it as a fic instead. If anypony still had plans to join please tell me, it's not too late to change my mind (again). Anyway, here is a smaller fic of Paladin's and Dragonscale's background, which will serve as an introduction of sorts to Insurrection (if you've already read their biographies when I posted them you won't find much new stuff here, though).

Dragonscar
    Spoiler
    Show
    Viridian Grove was a small and rather insignificant village on the edge of the Everfree Forest. It was far from the aerial beauty of Cloudsdale, the regal splendour of Canterlot, or the teeming cityscape of Manehattan. Its villagers were simple ponies, not interested in much beyond living simple lives. Of course, some ponies from there had discovered talents that made them travel out into the world, but they were never looked down upon. The only thing that threatened their way of life was the occasional creature wandering in from the forest, but it was nothing they couldn’t handle.

One young pony from the village was a white-coated pegasus named Paladin. He was a bold one, which usually made him take charge of his group of friends. Among those friends was Dragonscale, a filly with a sea green coat and a moss-green mane. Unlike Paladin she was shy and often kept to herself, only feeling truly at home among her lizard friends. Despite this, or perhaps because of it, Paladin was very fond of her, and in his mind she was second only to Princess Celestia, his greatest idol.

But the safety of the village would not last forever. One day a young green dragon from the Everfree found Viridian Grove while hunting for food, and when it saw the townsponies it decided they were good enough for that purpose. Even a not fully grown dragon like this one was more than they had ever dealt with before, and the few who served as guards had neither the skill nor the equipment to fight it. Nopony had any idea what to do, and the village was in despair. It was then Paladin disobeyed his parents and in a rash move charged the beast, using his small wings to boost his speed and striking it in its side. It was an attack far more powerful than even Paladin himself thought he could carry out, but it was still not enough to defeat the reptilian menace. In turn the dragon slashed Paladin with its claws, scarring him but not defeating him either. Enraged he fought back, unleashing the full strength his tiny body could muster. Dragonfire and claw marred him, but he stood tall, and finally the battered dragon realized it was too much trouble, and turned back into the Everfree.

When it was over Paladin collapsed, and was taken to the healers. However, in the commotion nopony noticed the little Dragonscale sneaking off and following the wounded dragon. Even though she knew what Paladin did was for the good of them all she was upset that one of the great beasts she so admired had been hurt, and wanted to make sure it was all right. To her surprise, once she found it it did not attack her and instead allowed her to treat it. The next morning Paladin woke up, healed from all his injuries but a scar across his eye, with a cutie mark in the form of a shield for his effort in protecting those he cared about. At about the same time in the forest the young dragon had recovered from its wounds thanks to Dragonscale, and suddenly she also found herself with her mark: a dragon. It was to be her purpose to bring friendship between ponies and dragonkind.

Eventually word of Paladin’s deeds reached the ears of greater powers than himself. The authorities in Canterlot offered him a spot in the Royal Guard Academy, and he gladly accepted, his parents being very proud of him. Over the coming years he was rigorously trained, molded into a perfect guardian. During this time Dragonscale lived in the Everfree, visiting her family occasionally but mostly dwelling with her draconic friends. Neither pony had any thought that they would meet each other again.

Paladin was a dutiful and proud guard, but after Nightmare Moon’s return and the Guard’s failure to defeat her he began to feel useless. After the unicorn Twilight Sparkle and her friends retrieved the Elements of Harmony and unleashed them to free Princess Luna of her corruption, the guardspony had a bold idea. He went to the Princess herself and asked to be given a more active duty as her agent in the realm, seeking out and vanquishing threats more actively. To his great surprise she appreciated the move, and his request was granted. Her approval filled him with great joy for more than one reason, for he had grown quite attracted to the princess, and enjoyed being in her favour. He hoped that this new career would make him more than a faceless guard in her eyes. A custom suit of golden barding was made for him, and he was ready to protect.

Ever since Paladin has been a diligent and zealous royal agent, defeating many beasts (usually with non-lethal outcome) and ensuring the safety and peace of the realm. He has encountered failure (like when Discord broke free of his stone prison), but he only lets it motivate him to become even better. Among the enemies he has fought are, of course, dragons, and one young dragon not unlike the one that attacked Viridian Grove was one day his opponent after it had been seen lurking at the forest’s edge. Both combatants fought with fierce determination, but the battle ended in Paladin’s favour, and he left without life-threatening wounds. The same could not be said for the dragon, however, and it retreated back into the Everfree Forest where Dragonscale found it. She tried her best to heal it, but even her skill was not enough. Before it died the dragon told her about the fight, and she knew immediately who was responsible. She had never been very mentally stable, but this was the breaking point. Peaceful coexistence between dragon and pony was no longer a possibility, at least not until the current order had fallen. She swore to make them all suffer, Paladin, Celestia, and ultimately all of Equestria.

9. - Top - End - #279
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by the_druid_droid View Post
    ATTENTION PONYTHREAD! WE HAVE AN ANNOUNCEMENT!

WHERE DOIN' THIS! WHERE MAKING IT HAPPEN! [/Sweetbroandhellajeff]

Seriously though, I am going to go start a Ponythread Learns to Draw thread over in arts and crafts. When I'm done, I'm going to link it here.

The premise will be that anypony that wants to can post something in it, and it can be a drawing of whatever they like: stick figure poses, ponies, sketches of still life, full blown surrealist paintings, etc.

Together we will contribute, we will give each other advice and tips as well as keeping ourselves honest about practicing and making time! Who's with me?!
    I'm with you.

Also Happy Trixie appreciation day!

10. - Top - End - #280

Quote Originally Posted by MCerberus View Post
    Being busy with projects, and not being as active in ponythread, I seem to have missed Trixie appreciation day.

It's okay, because it's always Trixie Appreciation Always.
    Hahaha that's okay. Trixie missed Trixie Appreciation Day yesterday too.
    Last edited by Brazen Shield; 2011-10-30 at 11:26 AM. Reason: 's? Why u hate me so much?!
    Thank you ShadowySilence for the awesome policepony avatar!
    Quote Originally Posted by SiuiS View Post
    I love my filly~

11. - Top - End - #281
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Dirtbag View Post
    I saw this in another pony thread.

I thought it was pretty funny, so I've linked it in my Crazy Twilight Set.

All the ponies in this thread are CRAZY!
    Added to the emote directory.

As a reminder, if anyone has any that they want added, give me a url, and it'll get added.
    Quote Originally Posted by InkwellPony View Post
    Woo! Finally, I have settled on an avatar to show my own awesomeness, and I have a new pic for all you happy ponies out there!

Happy Nightmare Night, here is Inkwell's costume!

Spoiler
    Show

Or possibly just uniform. This is a dang good look for her.

And now it's late. Blarg. -(Flump)-
    Ooh, Inkwell art. Yay!

A rainbow lantern? Sweet.

Inkwell, never stop being awesome.

12. - Top - End - #282
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Brazen Shield View Post
    If Trixie Missed it we'll have to extend it!

Trixie Appreciation day #2 GO! :D

13. - Top - End - #283

If Trixie Missed it we'll have to extend it!

Trixie Appreciation day #2 GO! :D
    Hooray for Trixie Appreciation Weekend!

Learning a new skill is hard, but everyone who says that practice is the secret is absolutely correct. If you're curious about how to become a master of a skill you might want to read "Outliers" by Malcolm Gladwell.

Stop procrastinating! You'll never get that time back, make it count!

I successfully escaped NYC by port authority bus, hope my town has power!
    Proof-reading is totally unnecessary in the digital age now that we have spell cheque.

Pony thread's official Element of Youtube

14. - Top - End - #284

@Everypony: Thank you so much for all of the hugs. *Hugs Back* It apparently happened to weeks ago (again my father is a knob). The man who did it is alive, and is in prison not only for Grand Theft Auto, but Possession of Meth, Driving under the Influence, and Evading Arrest / Running from Police.

Quote Originally Posted by Aotrs Commander View Post
    He's the aerospace, not the car part of Rolls Royce.

Though if you do a lot of flying, there's fair odds that on an occasion or two, he's part of the reason you didn't burst into flame mid-air...
    I do actually travel a lot for work, so still, give him my thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Kris Strife View Post
    You're in luck, this is for Leo's new custom charm set, to go along with Makin' Bacon Prana and Caffeination Technique (Working title). Eventually, the goal is to have him punch someone and give all the benefits of a full breakfast.
    ...Calorie free?

Quote Originally Posted by tonberrian View Post
    Today while I was out at a restaurant I saw a pony toy belonging to a little girl in another booth, but I didn't recognize the pony in question. Pinkish-purple alicorn with translucent pink wings with a bluish mane, all solid. It might have been a Pinklestia, but it seemed like the mane was wrong (but with all else that's wrong with those toys...).
    Almost sounds like it was a custom, but... I dunno, honestly. Pink-luna? o.o

Quote Originally Posted by Beeskee View Post
    And yeah, accents are easy to slip into, but sometimes harder to break out of. I have a bit of an Applejack accent RL.
    Heh. Worst part is I grew up on a farm in Connecticut, so everyone makes fun of me for it. It's good natured, but still.

Quote Originally Posted by Kindablue View Post
    What happened to him?
    He wound up in jail. Possession of Meth, Grand Theft Auto, Driving under the Influence, Damage to Public Property, Resisting Arrest, as well as countless traffic violations.

Quote Originally Posted by Athaniar View Post
    Another update on Fighting is Magic. That game is looking quite promising.
    I can't wait for this to come out. I've converted most of my college's officers into Bronies, so I may just be able to swing it being played at a Game Night. Which will be absolutely hilarious.

OH GOODNESS. I DON'T EVEN...
    Eeeeeyup. Welcome to my life.

Thanks!

And there is a true origin story, although it's not very interesting...I sort of hate to spill the boring beans out in the thread, but if you're dying to know, PM me and I'll tell you.
    Sure, send me the PM! I'm definitely interested.

Quote Originally Posted by EsperDerek View Post
    *Midnight wraps her hooves around you, and pulls you close, nuzzling gently.

I'm really sorry to hear that, Titanium. It sucks that we both had such a bad day. I'm sorry you lost your car like that.

If I ever get my hooves around the person who did this, it won't be pretty.

As well, thanks everypony, for your sympathies for me. I'm feeling betterish today, I know that this is only a temporary setback, and that it's still going to happen. It's just frustrating to have it be delayed at the last like it did.
    Jade sighs happily and returns the snuggles. "Trust me, I'll be there with you. The SOB destroyed my namesake!

It still really sucks though. And I can't believe they'd basically promise you, only to pull it back out from under you. *Hugs*

Quote Originally Posted by monkeyboyinc View Post
    Wow. After reading what's happened to EsperDerek and Titanium Fox, My day seems bloody amazing by comparison.

The worst part is, I laughed at the sheer ridiculousness of Titanium's story before it sank in how much it sucks, and now I feel terrible.

*hugs*

Also, am I really the only one who realises that this is technically The 31st thread as we've had two 20th thread?
    Don't feel bad man. If it wasn't my car, I probably would have had the same reaction. It's just one of those things that just doesn't happen, you know?

Quote Originally Posted by Eakin View Post
    Esper, I'm sorry to hear the freelance thing didn't work out.

Fox, was the car insured? Maybe there's a silver lining here.
    Unfortunately no. After the car was wrecked under my power, we took it off the insurance as to save a little money. Once it was repaired fully we were going to put it back on, but... Too late now, huh?

Quote Originally Posted by Neoseanster View Post
    I did the exact same thing!

Titanium, that's terrible luck, but at least the maniac's getting what's coming to him.

Esper, you totally deserve the paying job! But this is only a delay to that, right? It's still coming, just not straight away? That's not /too/ terrible, it's just a temporary setback. I'm sure it'll work out for you soon.

Discussion in the IRC channel brought up the question of how we'd handle new episode spoilers there. Any thoughts, anypony?
    Spoilers? I agree with SiuiS below, that we will open up and utelize a separate chat room.

Quote Originally Posted by GFawkes View Post
    If you've seen Luna Eclipsed, it's hilarious.
    I see what you did there.

Quote Originally Posted by Callos_DeTerran View Post
    Wait, what? ..Is..is John DeLancie in the IRC?!
    I wish! He is an awesome guy though. I chatted with him for a few minutes on Twitter a couple weeks back when he announced he was involved in the new Assassin's Creed too.

Pictures: I love this, it's freaking hilarious. XD

Warning [Suggested Saucy]
    Spoiler
    Show
    ...*Snrk*

I...didn't even notice that...

Yeah. Okay. I think this indicates my brain has really gots the dumbs and that it is long past time for me to go and meditate before I go completely floopy wibble spuzzit floppilydoppily spidwiddlywoo fnarg.
    Welcome to my world every day Commodore.

Quote Originally Posted by BlasTech View Post
    Out and about right now. So no time for more substantial post. Just quoting this to bring it to people's attention and to note I'm adding it to my signature for the next little bit. Anyone else want to join me?
    I'm in!

Quote Originally Posted by Topaz View Post
    OK, please read and comment on fanfic request time.

My story has been renamed New Perspectives because the old title turned out to be unconsciously copied from another story.

Part One on Google Docs for anyone who missed it earlier.

Part Two
    Spoiler
    Show
    Applejack’s plan was simple and straightforward, the way she preferred it: accompany Fluttershy back to her cottage; stay and lend a helping hoof, possibly spending the night, until Zecora’s remedy took effect; get back to the farm and start catching up on her work; and put the whole incident behind her, letting it take its place alongside the other peculiar happenings that were a fact of life in Ponyville.

The plan started off well enough, with Fluttershy and Zecora chatting about mutual interests pertaining to the Everfree while Applejack walked along with them and ignored any curious looks that came their way. Once back at Fluttershy’s home and having taken their leave of Zecora, Fluttershy began checking on the animals under her care, and Applejack was able to busy herself feeding chickens, cleaning out animal bedding, and weeding in Fluttershy’s garden (though by unspoken agreement neither pony approached the hole where the stump had been, the block and tackle still sitting over it).

Things didn’t go entirely smoothly. Every once in a while Fluttershy’s expression would betray a hint of frustration; occasionally Applejack’s wings would start to open and she would grimace and fold them back to her sides. Still, the two ponies were getting by well enough until evening approached and Fluttershy began preparing treatments for her animal patients.

“Applejack? I don’t want to be any trouble but I need that box on the top shelf. Do you think you could get if for me?”

Applejack looked at the high shelf where the box sat. “Don’t ya have... Shoot, course ya don’t have a step stool. Well, Ah reckon Ah could give ya a boost up.”

“Well, I though maybe you could, um, just...”

Applejack frowned. “I got no idea how ta fly, least of all indoors.”

“Oh, but it’s really easy, you just...” Fluttershy trailed off, flinching from Applejack’s disapproval. “Never mind, then.” she said, her voice growing more determined. “I can get it myself.” she added, turning toward the shelf and crouching into a jumping position.

“Now hold on, sugar...” Applejack was interrupted by Fluttershy’s leaping up and stretching her forehooves toward the box, snatching it from the shelf and landing back on her hind legs, stumbling briefly before catching herself and putting the box on the floor. “See? I told you I could get it.” she said brightly.

“Yeah. Good jump.” Applejack mumbled.

As they finished up Fluttershy’s tasks for the day, Applejack’s mood slowly recovered, the two friends preparing and eating dinner together and making small talk until it was time to go to sleep. Fluttershy offered her bed, but Applejack refused, insisting on taking the couch.

She was floating, like a cloud. Bright blue sky surrounded her. It was at once alien and perfectly natural, terrifying and yet strangely comfortable. She tried to understand what was happening...

...and Applejack woke up and fell three feet onto Fluttershy’s couch with a crash.

Rustling came from upstairs. “Is everything all right down there?”

“Uh, Yeah, Ah just rolled over in mah sleep. ‘Fraid I disturbed a few critters, but nothin’ serious.”

Fluttershy came halfway down the stairs, peering at Applejack in the dim light. “You’re sure?”

“Ah’m sure. Ah’ll try and be more careful.”

“You’re sure you don’t want to take the bed? Or I don’t mind sharing it.”

“Nah, I told ya, Ah’m fine. Go on back to sleep.”

Applejack watched Fluttershy head back up the stairs. She sighed, looking at her back. “Too much to hope that fallin’ like that meant the potion was finally kickin’ in.” she muttered to herself. As if acknowledging the attention, her wings tried to spread. Forcing them against her sides once more, she took the blanket Fluttershy had given her and rolled up in it snugly. “Last thing I need is ta start flyin’ in my sleep again.” Sleep came fitfully, but at least it came without further dreams of floating.

Morning came with no change in the two ponies’ condition. Fluttershy awoke first, coming down to find Applejack cocooned in her blanket on the couch. She tried to creep past her friend, but as she headed for the kitchen Angel Bunny thwarted her good intentions by appearing in the doorway with a pot and spoon, which he proceeded to bang together.

“Angel, no!”

“Waah!” *THUD*

“Applejack, I’m so sorry! Are you all right?”

Applejack looked up blearily from where she had landed on the floor and began to struggle out of the blanket. “Ah think so. Didn’t mean ta keep ya from startin’ yer day.”

“I was going to let you sleep, but someone...” and here Fluttershy glared at Angel, who was unimpressed. “...had other ideas.” She walked over and finished pulling the blanket off Applejack, shaking her head as she looked the disheveled orange pony over. “Why don’t we go upstairs and freshen up before breakfast?”

Under other circumstances Applejack might have objected, but she was still too groggy from her restless night and sudden awakening to put up a fight as Fluttershy nudged her up the stairs and into the bathroom, pouring water into the washbasin so that Applejack could splash her face. As she did so, Fluttershy got out some mane and tail brushes and set them out for Applejack to use, then took out another instrument that Applejack didn’t recognize.

“What’s that?”

“It’s a preening comb. Not to be rude or anything but your feathers are a mess.”

“Aw Fluttershy, you don’t need ta...”

“Yes I do. It’s just like your mane and tail, you’ll be much more comfortable when you’re properly groomed, and maybe your wings won’t twitch so much.” She took the comb in one wrist and pressed her other hoof against Applejack’s back, smiling in satisfaction as the pressure caused her wings to pop open, and set to work.

Applejack finished washing her face and looked at Fluttershy as she smoothed feathers into place. “Ah’ve gotten dressed up with ya before, so how come Ah never saw one of those till now?”

“Um, Pegasai normally preen themselves by mouth, it’s easier that way. I didn’t know about preening combs myself until the spa used one on me. I bought a set mostly to work on birds.” She finished her efforts and admired the results. “There, doesn’t that feel better?”

Applejack stretched and folded her wings. “Ah gotta admit, it does. Thanks.”

“You’re welcome.” Fluttershy put the comb down and looked Applejack in the eyes. “Rainbow Dash was wrong.”

“Excuse me? Wrong about what? Ah don’t understand.”

“She was mean to you, and you don’t deserve it.”

“Ah know, but that’s Dash for ya. She’ll get over it. If that dang potion would get its job done, anyways.”

“I’m just... worried about you. You didn’t sleep well, and you’re all tense. If it’s because of what Dash said, you shouldn’t believe it.”

Applejack managed a grin. “Ya oughta know me better than that. I don’t take anything Dash says seriously nohow.”

“Good. Let’s get our manes brushed and fix breakfast.”

Twilight Sparkle trotted toward Fluttershy’s cottage, saddlebags loaded with reference materials and items useful in magical analysis. She’d meant to get an early start, but typically she had stayed up late with her reading and Spike had seen no reason to wake her up, so it was late morning before she’d left the library. As she grew near she heard voices coming from behind the house, so she went around to the back, where she found Applejack (with wings) and Fluttershy (without) discussing carrot cultivation. “Hi, girls!” she called out, getting greetings in response.

“I see there’s no obvious change. How do you feel?”

“About the same.” “Me too.”

Twilight nodded. “I realize it hasn’t been a full day, but I’m thinking that what happened to you two wasn’t because of the Everfree’s flora per se. Huh, if I shortened that I’d almost sound like Zecora. Anyway, not to doubt her expertise, but I’d like to run some tests on where that tree stump you pulled up was.”

Fluttershy and Applejack looked at each other. “If you think you need to.” said Fulttershy, and Applejack added “You’ll excuse up if we keep our distance. Ah don’t think you’d cotton to losin’ yer horn.”

“That’s fine. I take it that’s the crater over there?” Seeing the other two nod in agreement, Twilight walked over to the crater and levitated a metal plate and a book from her saddlebag. She concentrated, and magic washed from her horn over the crater, block and tackle and was absorbed into the plate. She set the plate down and began consulting her book, casting spells over the plate, pausing between each one to take notes, and casting another. Applejack and Fluttershy didn’t understand what was going on, but neither of them wanted to distract Twilight with questions until she finished.

Finally, Twilight put the book back into her saddlebag and looked over to the pair. “You can pack up your cart and take it home, Applejack. There’s not enough potency left here to affect a fly, let alone a pony. Fortunately the spells and plate I prepared were designed for just this sort of situation.”

“So, did it tell ya anything about what happened to us?”

“To an extent. There was definitely magic, but it’s not any type that is easily recognized. Now that I’ve prepared the residue collection plate, I can have Spike send it to the Princess. The School for Gifted Unicorns will certainly be able to learn more, with all their facilities.”

Applejack sighed. “So it’s gonna be more waitin’, then?”

Twilight nodded. “I’m sorry, Applejack. There is one more test I’d like to do at the library, but it isn’t anything that’s going to fix the problem.”

“Do you have time to stay for lunch?” put in Fluttershy.

“Lunch? It is around that time, isn’t it? I’d be happy to stay for lunch.”

Applejack kept her voice and expression neutral. “Ah guess Ah’ll pack up the cart wile you’re fixin, if ya don’t mind, Fluttershy.”

“Not at all. Do come in as soon as you’re done, though.”
    Fluttershy and Twilight went into the cottage as Applejack set to packing away the block and tackle. She had just finished loading up the cart when Rainbow Dash landed nearby.

“I see you returned to the crime scene.”

Applejack just hung her head. “Ahm not gonna argue with ya, Dash. I’m powerful sorry about what happened to Fluttershy and if Ah had any notion what to do about it these wings would be back on her so fast even you would be impressed.”

Dash blinked and paused. It wasn’t the type of response she’d been ready for, and she was unsure what to say next. Not knowing what else to do, she took off again, over the clouds.

Applejack watched Rainbow Dash vanish into the sky. “Ya just can’t understand, Rainbow. An’ now I guess there’s not gonna be any gettin’ around it.” She went to rejoin her other friends in the cottage.

“Ah, there you are.” was Twilight’s greeting. “I was just explaining to Fluttershy that I’d like to test you both back at the library to see if the accident produced a complete phenotype exchange.”

“In plain talk, Twi?”

“My theory is that this is not simply a case of Fluttershy’s wings being transferred. I think that what has happened is that you have each become the other’s type of pony.”

“Oh. I think so too.” Fluttershy said.

“Shoot, we coulda told ya that.” Applejack added.

“I see. I’d still appreciate being able to do the tests, if you don’t mind.”

“Will it take long?”

“Not at all. Ten or fifteen minutes apiece should do it.”

“After we’ve had lunch and cleaned up, then.”

“Certainly. That looks delicious, Fluttershy.”

Applejack trudged up the road toward Sweet Apple Acres. The cart harness hadn’t been made with a pegasus in mind, and the adjustments she’d made, while functional, chafed. Turning into the gate, she pulled the cart up to the barn and opened the door.
    Bookmarked for later readong. ^^

Quote Originally Posted by Gaelbert View Post
    So I just listened to a ponymusic remix for the first time and I was impressed. Very impressed. Is there a list of MLP remixes I should listen to somewhere? Possibly a website that keeps up with that sort of thing? Does Equestria Daily handle that?
    There's a google docs file containing a download of every single pony song out there somewhere, but I can't seem to find it right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Soft Serve View Post
    Because I know we have several Spike/*insert other pony here* shippers in this thread.

There is now a D&D 3.5 monster class for this ship!

Any comments on modifications should go in my actual monster class thread once this is posted there so that this thread doesn't get too off topic.

Spoiler
    Show
    Drakkensteed (Dragon magic)

Description & Details: The appearance of Drakkensteeds varies a lot. There are some that could barely be distinguished from their dragon parents, and others that barely look like they have any dragon blood in them at all. The dragon blood in them often gives them odd coat colors, and there are cases of the coat of their horse parent and their dragon's parent's scales combining colors creating grey Drakkensteeds, shimmering black ones, and even oddly splotched ones.

Adventures: Drakkensteeds do have a bit of the greed of their dragon parents, and as such enjoy treasure as much as any dragon. They tend to have a particular appreciation for gems over gold and silver. Surprisingly, despite their parentage, some Drakkensteeds serve as mounts.

Alignment: Drakkensteeds tend to follow the alignment of their Dragon parents, but this is merely a tendency. Some move above their base nature and choose their own alignments.

Religion: Drakkensteeds usually revere Dragon gods such as Io, Tiamat, or Bahamut.

Ecology/Background:

Other classes: Drakkensteeds get along with almost any class.

Favored Class: Varies

Unicorn Drakkensteed: Any spontaneous casting class

War Horse Drakkensteed: Barbarian or Fighter.

Pegasus Drakkensteed: Druid or ranger.

Class

Spoiler
    Show
    HD:d10
    {TABLE]Level | BAB | Fort | Ref | Will | Feature
    1| +0 | +0*| +0*| +0*| Drakkensteed Body, Resistance, Racial ability, Strength+1, Constitution+1
    2| +1| +0*| +0*| +0*| Scent, Racial ability, Strength +1, Constitution+1
    3| +2| +1*| +1*| +1*| Draconic breath, Racial ability, Strength+1, Constitution+1
    [/TABLE]

Skills:
    4+int modifier per level, quadruple at first level. Class skills are Balance, Climb, Concentration, Intimidate, Jump, Listen, Spot, Survival, Swim, Use Magic Device.

Proficiencies:
    None besides its own natural weapons.

Features:
    Drakkensteed Body: The Drakkensteed loses all other racial bonuses, and gains magical beast traits, (mainly low light vision), a base speed of 40 feet, a natural bite attack for 1d8 +strength Modifier damage, and he gains natural armor equal to his Con bonus.

Ability score increase: a Drakkensteed gains +1 Str and +1 Con for each level in this class for a total of +3 strength and +3 Constitution.

Saving throws:
    These are dependant on which racial path if chosen. Warhorse Drakkensteeds Have good Fortitude with bad reflex and will. Pegasus Drakkensteeds have good Reflex while having bad Fortitude and Will. Lastly, Unicorns have Good Will with bad Reflex and Fortitude.

Resistance (Ex):
    At first level, the Drakkensteed chooses a dragon as one of its parents. The Drakkensteed then gains resistance to its parent dragon's breath weapon equal to its HD. If its parent dragon's breath weapon doesn't deal damage (Such as a shadow dragon's or a Silver dragon's paralysis breath) no resistance is gained.

At 10 HD, this changes to immunity.

Draconic Breath(Su):
    At third level, the Drakkensteed gains a breath weapon dependent upon what type its dragon parent was. The breath weapon deals 1d8 damage per HD with a reflex save (DC 10+1/2 HD+Constitution modiier) for half damage. If the parent dragon's breath weapon doesn't deal damage, the Drakkensteed gains no breath weapon. If the parent's breath weapon was a line, the Drakkensteed's breath is a Line 60 feet long, and it increases by 10 feet for each HD the Drakkensteed has. If the parent dragon's breath weapon was a cone, the Drakkensteed's breath weapon is a 30 foot cone. The Size of the cone increases by 5 feat for each HD the Drakkensteed has.

Scent (Ex):
    At second level, the Drakkensteed gains the Scent Extraordinary ability.

Racial ability(Varies):
    The Drakkensteed gets the following benefits depending on the race of his parent. He must choose whether one of his parents was a warhorse, a Unicorn or a Pegasus at first level, and the benefits he gets are based on that choice.

Pegasus
    Spoiler
    Show

Racial Skill bonus (Ex):
    At first level the Drakkensteed gains a racial skill bonus to Spot and Listen equal to Half its HD.

At 8 HD this becomes equal to its HD.

Cloud walk (Su):
    At level 3 the Drakkensteed can tread on clouds or fog as though on solid ground. The ability functions continuously but can be negated or resumed at will.

Glide (Ex):
    A Drakkensteed can use his wings to glide, negating damage from a fall from any height and allowing 20 feet of forward travel for every 5 feet of descent. Drakkensteeds glide at a speed of 30 feet with average maneuverability. Even if a Drakkensteed's maneuverability improves, he can't hover while gliding. A Drakkensteed can't glide while carrying a medium or heavy load.

If a Drakkensteed becomes unconscious or helpless while in midair, his wings naturally unfurl, and powerful ligaments stiffen them. The Drakkensteed descends slowly in a tight corkscrew and takes only 1d6 points of falling damage, no matter the actual distance of the fall.

Flight (ex):
    At 6 HD, the Drakkensteed gains a flight speed of 10' Per HD, with poor maneuverability. The Maneuverability doesn't increase naturally, but it can take the improved maneuverability feat without meeting the pre-requisites.

Warhorse

Spoiler
    Show
    Powerful Build (Ex): At first level, the Drakkensteed gains the benefit of Powerful build.

Trample (Ex):
    At second level, the Drakkensteed can make a trample attack. As a full-round action, a Drakkensteed can move up to 100 feet and literally run over creatures one size catory smaller than it, dealing 1d6+1 ½ strength modifier bludgeoning damage with a reflex save (DC 10+1/2 HD+Constitution modifier) for half damage to each target. literally running over its opponents. If enemies in its way are at least 1 size category smaller than the Drakkensteed.

Damage Reduction (Ex):
    At third level, the Drakkensteed's Draconic inheritance has become more in synch with its Warhorse body. The Scales covering its body become more resilient, granting it resistance to mundane weapons. The Drakkensteed Gains DR/magic equal to half its HD.

At 10 HD, its scales become more resilient still, granting it resistance to Slashing and piercing weapons. His Damage Reduction becomes DR/Bludgeoning and Magic.

Growth (Ex):

At 4 HD the Drakkensteed becomes large size and loses powerful build
    At 8 HD the Drakkensteed regains powerful build
    At 12 HD the Drakkensteed becomes Huge size and loses powerful build
    At 16 HD the Drakkensteed regains powerful build
    At 20 HD the Drakkensteed becomes Gargantuan size and loses powerful Build.

Unicorn
    Spoiler
    Show

Cantrips (Su): At first level, the Drakkensteed gains Mage hand, ghost sound, light, prestidigitation and mending as SLAs at will.

Resistance (Ex): At second level, the Drakkensteed gains a resistance to Poison, charm, and compulsion effects equal to its HD.

At 8 HD this becomes immunity.

At 12 HD the Drakkensteed becomes immune to all diseases.

At 15 HD the Drakkensteed becomes immune to non-beneficial mind affecting effects.
    Deliver us from Evil(Su): At 3rd level, the Drakkensteed is protected as if by a constant Protection from evil effect with a caster level equal to its HD. This ability can be negated or resumed at will as a free action.

At 8 HD the effect is improved to a Magic Circle against evil effect centered on the Drakkensteed.

At 18 HD the effect is improved to a Holy Aura Effect centered on the Drakkensteed.

The Save DCs for these effects are equal to 10+1/2 HD+Charisma modifier, and the caster level for the effects is equal to the Drakkensteed's HD.

Flight (Ex): At 6 HD, if the Drakkensteed did not choose the Pegasus racial path, he gains a fly speed of 60 feet with poor maneuverability.

Large size (Ex):
    At 8 HD, if the Drakkensteed did not choose the War Horse racial path, he grows to Large size.

Comments
    Spoiler
    Show
    None so far

Changelog

Spoiler
    Show
    None so far
    I am /so/ using this. You should really put this up in the homebrew forum too.

Quote Originally Posted by TheAmishPirate View Post
    Phew. Today was one of those days that doesn't end with a quiet sigh as you slip under the covers for a good sleep. No, it was one of those days where you dive-bomb your bed at mach 2, leave a skid mark a mile long, and fall asleep simply because you can't bring yourself to get up. Party went well, a lot of people showed up despite the snowstorm dumping 6+ inches on us, I nearly gave myself an asthma attack due to over-dancing, and I had to carry full water-cooler size jugs across campus because our cart wouldn't manage the snow.

But anything bad that happened was made up for by the fact that I saw somebody dressed in Derpy's costume from Nightmare Night.
    That is so awesome! Did you talk to them? That HAD to have been intentional.

I saw this in another pony thread.

I thought it was pretty funny, so I've linked it in my Crazy Twilight Set.

All the ponies in this thread are CRAZY!
    ...O.o

Dat emote.

Quote Originally Posted by Tectonic Robot View Post
    So uh, did we ever make that roleplaying thread thing?

Oh, and how has ponythread been doing?

And Titanium Fox! Sorry about you're car... did the guy who drive it into the gas pump make it out ok?
    Unfortunately...

Woo! Finally, I have settled on an avatar to show my own awesomeness, and I have a new pic for all you happy ponies out there!

Spoiler
    Show

Damn that looks good Inkwell!

Quote Originally Posted by Gamerlord View Post
    IRC insanity from last night. Edited for the sake of coherence somewhat, there are probably a few errors though:
    Spoiler
    Show
    -snip-
    This was SO much fun last night. Thanks everypony who was involved, even a little bit.

Also, I wanna know who the Mystery Discord was. He played him really well! Like an actual spirit of Chaos rather than an evil one.

Also, SoftServe. "I'm the fly in your soup! I'm the pebble in your shoe~"

You forgot my favorite bit in there.

Not a log of the incident, just a spoiler.
    Spoiler
    Show
    When Discord tried to claim he's Midnight's father.
    Jade huffs. "Discord is not my marefriend's father Celestia DAMN IT! Twilight is if you really want to be technical!"

Quote Originally Posted by Brazen Shield View Post
    Hey, I missed it too. I spent too much time in ponythread chat and not enough time in ponythread thread.

Yo Dawg, I heard you like Ponythread...
    Avatar by DirtyTabs in the Adopt-A-Pony thread.

Thank you all so much for voting!
    Co-Winner of Rainbow Dash in the Playground!
    Spoiler
    Show
    For your dedication to ponies and giving us all entertainment with your quote tree o' doom, I hereby award you the Louisianan Purchase. How can I do that? Long story short, let's just say I picked a doozy of a poker game to go "all in".

15. - Top - End - #285
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Vorpalbob View Post
    Hell, I'd join such an endeavor too. I can't draw for horseapples, but I am a professional when it comes to making a fool of myself in public.

And you can't get much more public than the internet, amirite?
    Yeah, same here. If I'm going to be using the scanner that I think I'm going to be using, I probably won't be drawing ponies, though.

Spoiler
    Show
    *snip*

Love it!
    ... I came to appreciate that mountains make poor receptacles for dreams.

16. - Top - End - #286
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Titanium Fox View Post

Unfortunately...
    ...I don't know man, I'd feel bad if the guy was mutilated or something.

Really sorry about the car, though.

17. - Top - End - #287
    Ettin in the Playground

You forgot my favorite bit in there.

Not a log of the incident, just a spoiler.
    Spoiler
    Show
    When Discord tried to claim he's Midnight's father.
    ..I don't think I was logged in for that bit.
    Credit for my various avatars goes to Dashwood,Cealocanth,Kwarkpudding,Randomizer,kpengu in,Alarra,Bisected8,zimmerwald1915, and Thanqol.

Once known as "Gamerkid".

18. - Top - End - #288
    Titan in the Playground

That is so awesome! Did you talk to them? That HAD to have been intentional.
    I intentionally went up to him and asked what his costume was. He had the guts to tell a complete stranger "Derpy Hooves, from My Little Pony". I rewarded him with a bro-hoof.

@Creative Works and Masks: For me, the biggest issue I face in my creative work is motivation. I know it's good for me to write. I know that, once I get going, I love writing. The problem is when I'm so dang busy (and after this past week, I know I've been overusing that little excuse) it's hard to push myself to write, and then I feel like I'm not writing enough when I do write and blargh.

That being said, I had a firsthand experience last night on how a royal "screw you excuses" can be awesome. I am not much of a dancer. I know a few fancy steps, and can fake some other stuff pretty good, but I rarely dance. Last night was shaping up to be fairly similar to all the other dances I've been to; stand in the corner, try to work up the motivation to go dance, and then be timid and awkward when I finally do something. At some point, I'm not sure when, I must've told myself "No. You have a higher Cha and Dex score than you realize, go dance." So I did. I know I wasn't all that great, and I was so out of shape that I nearly had some asthma trouble, but I had a blast, and figured out I'd picked up a fairly decent Running Man somehow. Plus, it was a hilarious excuse to act OUTRAGEOUSLY HAMMY with gesturing/walking/general body movement.

Next time I'm having trouble writing, I'm going to try remembering this as an example. Hopefully it'll help.
    I'm developing a game. Let's see what happens! Complex.

19. - Top - End - #289

Quote Originally Posted by Tectonic Robot View Post
    ...I don't know man, I'd feel bad if the guy was mutilated or something.

Really sorry about the car, though.
    In all seriousness, I would too. I'm just steaming a little bit right now. I know I'm acting a little unpony, but still. >>
    Avatar by DirtyTabs in the Adopt-A-Pony thread.

Thank you all so much for voting!
    Co-Winner of Rainbow Dash in the Playground!
    Spoiler
    Show
    For your dedication to ponies and giving us all entertainment with your quote tree o' doom, I hereby award you the Louisianan Purchase. How can I do that? Long story short, let's just say I picked a doozy of a poker game to go "all in".

20. - Top - End - #290
    Troll in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Grif View Post
    EqD has a word minimum of 2500+ words for one shots though. I'm not entirely sure if your fic meets that requirement.

I'll give it a one over.
    yah, i saw that...it is said its a recommendation though
    ---as i said...worst they can do is say no

and if they do..who knows...maybe i will expand it by telling the tale of Rarity/Spike that comes before it.I know there's at least one lich here who would be happy to see that
    Last edited by otakuryoga; 2011-10-30 at 01:29 PM.
    Ponies not only make ME want to be a better person than I was before they entered my life, they make me want to HELP OTHERS be better people too.

And that is a GOOD thing by any definition.

full size avatar

21. - Top - End - #291
    Dwarf in the Playground

Partial IRC antics. I just thought this particular part was funny. :D

Also Mibbit is gay. :(

Spoiler
    Show
    10:17| Tucker TRANSMORGIFIES
    10:17| Leo: Listen, if you don't eat the donut, you'll have a crazy sea green pony with a shot gun stalking you.
    10:18| Tucker|Pony: Holy ****, awsome dude. Think of all the mares I can swoon with this kick ass body.
    10:18| Tucker|Pony: Bow chika bow wow.
    10:18| Grif|Pony: Tucker, you're insane.
    10:18| Church: Tucker, how are you going to get laid as a pony?
    10:19| Leo: The expression "Hung like a horse" comes to mind.
    10:19| Grif|Pony: Too graphic. Do not want!
    10:19| Leo: Somepony had to say it!

22. - Top - End - #292
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by otakuryoga View Post
    yah, i saw that...it is said its a recommendation though
    ---as i said...worst they can do is say no

and if they do..who knows...maybe i will expand it by telling the tale of Rarity/Spike that comes before it.I know there's at least one lich here who would be happy to see that
    Spoiler
    Show
    Alright. Comments as follows.
    Tonight is the night i finally get a kiss
    til i gleam? Check!
    as i walk to my Lady's home.
    as i pull it back from placing the rose.
    You forgot to capitalise 'I's a number of times.

Deep breath!!
    Nooooo!! Not now!!!!
    Multiple exclaimation marks are usually not needed. Use just one.

And yet... whatever I tried to impress you seemed to fail,
    This sentence is odd. I would write it as 'whenever I tried to impress you, it seemed to fail.'

She approached and circled me, observing me from every angle. Finally she opened her mouth, but i quickly laid a finger upon her lips to silence her, causing her eyes to widen in surprise.
    Slip into past tense here. Since you're writing your fic in present, make sure all your tenses are consistent.

Pinkie says "See Rarity,
    Pinkie says, "See Rarity,

"I'm not entirely convinced those are friendly kisses Pinkie, based on how we found the two of them"
    It's unclear as to who this speaker is. I bet it's Twilight, but you should make it clear to be sure.

Rarity lifts Opalescence onto her back with a flick of magic. "It would seem as if you have a soft spot for Gummy dear Opal. Hmmm, ponies do say that pets and owners take on similar traits the longer they are together."

Rarity raises her voice. "Spike! We found her! Over here."
    The switch to third person here is quite jarring. After all, you already spent the first part in Spike's POV. It would be much more consistent to follow in the same tone. There's also the problem of having this part rather disconnected with the first part of the fic. I would recommend you also cover the wedding as well, to make the shift seem more natural.

Other thoughts:
    I will say you're pretty brave to try the present tense for this piece. Most stories are told in past tense because they're easier to write. That said, I think it works well when you using the first person POV, but falls rather flat when you switched to the third person.

Also, it is not clear if Spike is his normal diminutive self during the courtship or his bigger dreamself. Your epilogue seem to indicate the latter, but I'm still unsure. A confused reader is not a happy reader as a pre-reader told me.

To be honest, my gut feelings says that EqD will reject this. No harm trying, but it would be good to polish this some more before trying to submit.

23. - Top - End - #293

>Reads that there is a pony drawthread.

>Realizes that his own friggen drawthread is unupdated.

>Feels deep shame, hides again.

>Six more weeks of winter.

24. - Top - End - #294
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Soft Serve View Post
    I'm with you.

Also Happy Trixie appreciation day!
    Yay! More draw-ponies! Today is a good day.

Quote Originally Posted by Gadora View Post
    Ooh, Inkwell art. Yay!

A rainbow lantern? Sweet.

Inkwell, never stop being awesome.
    A lantern! Of course! Now I feel silly for not catching on earlier...

Sure, send me the PM! I'm definitely interested.
    Sending!

Yeah, same here. If I'm going to be using the scanner that I think I'm going to be using, I probably won't be drawing ponies, though.
    Awww...well, no worries, non-pony stuff is ok too! Although if you're just worried about it being public, make up some story about an online art class if people get curious and draw ponies anyway!

DD, your unicorn is stronger, prettier, and higher-ranking than mine, and her secret lab has a better name than mine. THERE SHALL BE NO QUARTER.

Spoiler
    Show

25. - Top - End - #295
    Orc in the Playground

@Inkwell: I said this in IRC but it bears repeating: Your art is awesome!

Have I mentioned how awesome It takes a Village is??

Well, yes, I have, but it's so good it's worth mentioning twice, especially since it is the start of a good long story that's not grimdark (actually the first good one I've seen for a while).

Why are 95% of all the fics on ED now all Grimdark?

In pony unrelated news, Amazon emailed me a list of games they thought I'd like, as they often do, in an attempt to make me spend even more money of them than I normally do, and one of the game was the upcoming Anno 2070. Which looked pretty good. I looked up the previous game Anno 1404, which had a lot of quite good reviews (Amazon had the gold edition for under a tenner, so I bought it - I had got about £100 of birthday money to burn). Anyway, the point of this was to ask the ponies of the thread if anyone has played any of the franchise and what they reckoned to it.
    I've noticed there are a lot of grim fics lately. I'm not sure why.

Anno 1404 is awesome. I picked it up when it first came out, and finished the campaign. I almost never do that with 'sandbox' games that just happen to include a campaign mode. I usually just think of that as an extraneous feature which I will never use. Oddly enough, I never picked up the expansions. I'll have to give them a try.

I'm guessing 2070 will be good, but I haven't tried it. The entire series seems pretty sweet tho. I think I picked up another piece just because it was on Steam sale at the time. They're named differently in the US tho. 1404 is called "Dawn of Discovery" - makes it hard to tell which ones I have since they all have different subtitles. If you're looking for FAQs or tips try searching for the subtitle as well as the main name.

In all seriousness, I would too. I'm just steaming a little bit right now. I know I'm acting a little unpony, but still. >>
    It's okay to be mad. Ponies get mad. Just eventually forgive the idiot. By the time he gets out of jail should be fine.

Heh. Worst part is I grew up on a farm in Connecticut, so everyone makes fun of me for it. It's good natured, but still.
    I grew up in a CITY in Virginia and I have a bit of an accent. I've seen a farm up close maybe two times.

Even worse is saying I'm from Virginia and people are like, "Oh WOW man, hey check this out, it's called Electricimity. It's made out of magic. And those are Autozomoboles. And those buildings taller than two stories are called Skyscrippers." The only proper way to respond to that seems to be to crank up the accent to 11 and act impressed by running water. Otherwise the sarcasm goes right over their heads.

Edit: I just finished reading the first two available chapters of It Takes a Village. Pretty awesome.
    Last edited by Beeskee; 2011-10-30 at 03:51 PM.
    Happy Trixie Appreciation Day!

PonyFort: IC and OOC threads.

26. - Top - End - #296
    Titan in the Playground

I am /so/ using this. You should really put this up in the homebrew forum too.
    I have it there in my monster classes thread. I also have the Pegasus. Unicorn has yet to be created and posted.

Pegasus Linky

Cleaned up Drakkensteed Linky

27. - Top - End - #297
    Ogre in the Playground

Awww...well, no worries, non-pony stuff is ok too! Although if you're just worried about it being public, make up some story about an online art class if people get curious and draw ponies anyway!
    I don't see how that would... No, appearances are everything. We are who people think we are, and I enjoy having split personalities. They'll probably be drawings of my dogs, people in the street, the Great Race of Yith who wander darkling in the eternal blackness of time and space, that kind of thing.

28. - Top - End - #298
    Troll in the Playground

I don't see how that would... No, appearances are everything. We are who people think we are, and I enjoy having split personalities. They'll probably be drawings of my dogs, people in the street, the Great Race of Yith who wander darkling in the eternal blackness of time and space, that kind of thing.
    Well, as long as it's ponies or Lovecraftian horrors, I suppose I can allow it...

Spoiler
    Show

29. - Top - End - #299

Partial IRC antics. I just thought this particular part was funny. :D

Also Mibbit is gay. :(

Spoiler
    Show
    10:17| Tucker TRANSMORGIFIES
    10:17| Leo: Listen, if you don't eat the donut, you'll have a crazy sea green pony with a shot gun stalking you.
    10:18| Tucker|Pony: Holy ****, awsome dude. Think of all the mares I can swoon with this kick ass body.
    10:18| Tucker|Pony: Bow chika bow wow.
    10:18| Grif|Pony: Tucker, you're insane.
    10:18| Church: Tucker, how are you going to get laid as a pony?
    10:19| Leo: The expression "Hung like a horse" comes to mind.
    10:19| Grif|Pony: Too graphic. Do not want!
    10:19| Leo: Somepony had to say it!

Oh wow, I read all of that in the RvB guys' voices.

30. - Top - End - #300
    Ogre in the Playground

Well, as long as it's ponies or Lovecraftian horrors, I suppose I can allow it...
    If I did just do Lovecraft stuff, I'd have to try pretty hard not to just rip off this guy. (some NSFW)