New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 31 of 49 FirstFirst ... 6212223242526272829303132333435363738394041 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #901
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: My Little Pony XXX: Trixie Treats!

Quote Originally Posted by Kris Strife View Post
    I'm very glad that you do and I trust you with it, it's just that the artifact itself gives me the Hebe-jeebes.

Please don't hate me.
    That's reasonable enough...

bluh. I'm having a terrible day.
    Recent Homebrew: The Socialite | The Crystalline: Memory Altering Construct Race | Sanguine Hand, a ToB Discipline of blood and cruelty
    Homebrew Signature | NEW Homebrew Collection
    Thanks to all my avatar artists, especially to Paisley for my avatar of Vivian, cowardly cryophoenix.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thanqol View Post
    It's like the feng shui version of an orbital death laser.

2. - Top - End - #902
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Lix Lorn View Post
    That's reasonable enough...

bluh. I'm having a terrible day.
    *hugs Lix*

I'm sorry, is there anything I can do to help?
    Thanks to Dirty Tabs for the Travis pony.

Spoiler
    Show

Thanks to A Thousand Words for the My Little Simhata avatar, and thanks to Trixie for fixing the cropping.

Breakdown Twilight from Pony Halloween celebration, thanks to Thanqol.

Thanks to Akrim.Elf for the awesome Laharl pony.

3. - Top - End - #903
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by kpenguin View Post
    On an entirely different note. Whenever Fighting is Magic is released, would anyone be interested in a GitPony tournament of the game? Preferably, soon after release date so that none of us have much time to practice and we're all relatively the same levels of incompetence.
    Come at me brony! I'll warn everyone in advance that my fighting style in anything outside of SSB is the equal to that of somebody flailing their arms in the general direction of their opponent and shouting all the while.
    you know that I'm more than just a doll do you?-Geno
    Add me on Steam!
    Spoiler
    Show
    by Thecrimsonmage and By Shades of Gray by Akrim.elf

and current made by me.

4. - Top - End - #904
    Titan in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Geno9999 View Post
    Come at me brony! I'll warn everyone in advance that my fighting style in anything outside of SSB is the equal to that of somebody flailing their arms in the general direction of their opponent and shouting all the while.
    All you need to know are SHORYUKEN! and HADOKEN! Everything else is either a variation on those motions or annoyingly difficult to pull off.

5. - Top - End - #905
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Kris Strife View Post
    *hugs Lix*

I'm sorry, is there anything I can do to help?
    Ponies! Ponies may help.
    I'm going to rewatch ponies.
    Recent Homebrew: The Socialite | The Crystalline: Memory Altering Construct Race | Sanguine Hand, a ToB Discipline of blood and cruelty
    Homebrew Signature | NEW Homebrew Collection
    Thanks to all my avatar artists, especially to Paisley for my avatar of Vivian, cowardly cryophoenix.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thanqol View Post
    It's like the feng shui version of an orbital death laser.

6. - Top - End - #906
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Anarion View Post
    I don't have an answer for this at the moment, but I thought I would point out that I'll be taking a course entirely on copyright law this spring, so it's possible I might actually know something about all this stuff by the end of the fiscal year. Of course, being a law student ironically means I can't actually give legal advise to anyone ever without opening myself to massive liability, but I can probably still comment on stuff.
    Good luck with the class!! I hear copywright law is fascinating but very...convoluted!!
    inner circle Legionary of Resiliance
    I love my Ceikatars!
    Spoiler
    Show

Not here as much. I am out Roman around.

7. - Top - End - #907
    Ogre in the Playground

Flumph

Quote Originally Posted by Titanium Fox View Post
    I had a momentary dream about Ponies on Tuesday night. As most of you know I used to be the element of Narcolepsy because I'm, well, narcoleptic. So I don't dream much at all. However I had like a five second dream on Tuesday Night, and it was just a first person of Jade cuddling Midnight. However, this was after three straight days of shipping in IRC, so it does make sense, but still.

ESPER! Y U INVADE MY DREAMS?

Also, what did I show up as, if you don't mind me asking?

Fixed that for you.
    Green unicorn, silver mane.

Also, I'm almost positive there is more than one male model. Big Mac, Caramel, maybe Doctor Whoof, and I think there's a few more.

Quote Originally Posted by Zevox View Post
    Basically, a fighting game for computers being made by people who are fans of both the show and the fighting game genre. Here's their site. The game will be available for free once completed, but it's still some time from completion.
    The release date is "soon."

8. - Top - End - #908
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Gaelbert View Post
    The release date is "soon."
    Yeah, it's been in pre-alpha for half a year now - I'm guessing that "soon" is highly relative .

Since we're on the topic, I'm curious who the characters outside of the main six will be. Unfortunately since their FAQ says that the roster was decided upon by a poll a while ago, I doubt that season 2 characters like Discord will be in (), but there's only a few really obvious choices beyond the main six (Celestia, Nightmare Moon, Luna, Spike, maybe Big Macintosh) before you start getting into one-episode characters and background ponies, of which there are an abundance to pick from. I guess that popular ones like Derpy and Trixie are likely, but that'll still leave a fair number of slots.

Zevox
    Toph Pony avatar by Dirtytabs. Thanks!

"When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty, I read them openly. When I became a man, I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up." -C.S. Lewis

9. - Top - End - #909
    Ogre in the Playground

Flumph

Yeah, it's been in pre-alpha for half a year now - I'm guessing that "soon" is highly relative .

Since we're on the topic, I'm curious who the characters outside of the main six will be. Unfortunately since their FAQ says that the roster was decided upon by a poll a while ago, I doubt that season 2 characters like Discord will be in (), but there's only a few really obvious choices beyond the main six (Celestia, Nightmare Moon, Luna, Spike, maybe Big Macintosh) before you start getting into one-episode characters and background ponies, of which there are an abundance to pick from. I guess that popular ones like Derpy and Trixie are likely, but that'll still leave a fair number of slots.

Zevox
    When one of the developers was asked if any season 2 characters would be in it, he just responded "no comment."
    As for the other characters, I'm guessing Gilda and... Yeah, I got nothing. The CMC I guess.

10. - Top - End - #910
    Ogre in the Playground

I don't think that they will include characters with power levels so much higher than the rest, like Celestia and Luna/Nightmare Moon.

As for what I think concerning who'll be in it, Zecora, Big MacIntosh, and Trixie are solid choices, and I'd be surprised if they didn't make it. We talked in IRC about this yesterday, and the idea of the CMC as one character came up. I like that too. For non-pony character(s) I'd say Gilda, but Spike and/or Little Strongheart are always possible.
    Last edited by Athaniar; 2011-11-03 at 02:16 PM.

11. - Top - End - #911

Quote Originally Posted by otakuryoga View Post
    At work.

*Scroll Scroll Scroll*

...DAMN IT THERE IS A REASON I DIDN'T OPEN THAT PICTURE IN IRC!

Quote Originally Posted by the_druid_droid View Post
    *scribbles notes*

Mm hmm, and what time do you think Jade will be around on the IRC?

Oh, no I don't have any plans to antagonize...certainly not...

*continues scribbling*
    In all honesty, most likely not until Saturday. I've got to focus on work a little more than I have been, and as fun as it is, IRC is a pretty large time sink, and you tend to not actually realize it.

Quote Originally Posted by Jade Dragon View Post
    I watched the first four episodes. Normally, I wouldn't post here until I watched all of it, but I found something on YouTube, so listen to this, then watch this. It's awesome in a cheesy sort of way.
    Yay! Welcome to the herd!

Quote Originally Posted by PhoeKun View Post
    I wholeheartedly endorse this idea, and would like to see as many matches as possible recorded for posterity. Depending on where I'm sitting at the time it's finalized, perhaps I could put together some sort of fun and friendly prize pool.

Although unlike what most of you are saying, I do not stink at arcade fighters. So perhaps I should keep out of it, myself.
    Awwww. C'mon, join us Phoe!

Quote Originally Posted by Lix Lorn View Post
    Ponies! Ponies may help.
    I'm going to rewatch ponies.
    Ponies help everything. Ponies are the answer to every problem. Except when the problem is "I'm distracted from work by ponies." More ponies is not the answer to that. I tried that Wednesday. It resulted in a talking to.

Apparently my co-worker thinks Pinkie Pie is best pony, by the way.

Huh! That's kind of cool. I do believe it might be time for OC #4! ((Also is it just me or does this sound a bit like a fusion of Midnight and Jade... ))

Also, I'm almost positive there is more than one male model. Big Mac, Caramel, maybe Doctor Whoof, and I think there's a few more.
    Oh, I only meant the one male model for the Blind Bags.

Zevox
    My guess is on the following cast:

-Duh Tier-
    Twilight
    Applejack
    Fluttershy
    Rarity
    Rainbow Dash
    Pinkie Pie

-Likely Tier-
    Big Macintosh
    The Great and Powerful Trixie
    Derpy Hooves
    Vinyl Scratch

-Maybe Tier-
    Lyra Heartstrings
    Octavia
    Doctor Whooves
    Zecora

-Pulling it out of my Flank Tier-
    Applebloom
    Scootaloo
    Sweetie Belle
    Gilda Griffon
    Last edited by Titanium Fox; 2011-11-03 at 02:13 PM.
    Avatar by DirtyTabs in the Adopt-A-Pony thread.

Thank you all so much for voting!
    Co-Winner of Rainbow Dash in the Playground!
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by TheAmishPirate View Post
    For your dedication to ponies and giving us all entertainment with your quote tree o' doom, I hereby award you the Louisianan Purchase. How can I do that? Long story short, let's just say I picked a doozy of a poker game to go "all in".

12. - Top - End - #912
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Athaniar View Post
    I don't think that they will include characters with power levels so much higher than the rest, like Celestia and Luna/Nightmare Moon.
    Why not? Their in-world power doesn't dictate their fighting game abilities. Just like how Mewtwo wasn't even remotely overpowered in Super Smash Brothers Melee (in fact, he was one of the worst characters in the game) in spite of being just below god-like in his own series.

For another example, in Marvel vs Capcom 3 you have Dormammu, a demon lord who rules an entire dimension, balanced to go toe-to-toe with martial artists from Street Fighter and even, in a couple of weeks, Phoenix Wright, a lawyer who doesn't fight at all in his games.

Or take Mortal Kombat, where Raiden, a god, fights alongside Jonny Cage, an actor with (very goofy) martial arts training. Yeah, there's plenty of examples of this sort of thing.

Zevox
    Last edited by Zevox; 2011-11-03 at 02:18 PM.

"When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty, I read them openly. When I became a man, I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up." -C.S. Lewis

13. - Top - End - #913
    Ogre in the Playground

Flumph

Oh, and remember. Characters outside of the mane 6 are going to be added in updates after the game fully releases. That means they have a little more flexibility with character choice, hopefully. And they're in closed beta right now, according to the FAQ.

14. - Top - End - #914
    Dwarf in the Playground

Something that actually happened to me awhile back, described in meme comic form.

Spoiler
    Show
    "Ponies are proof that god loves us and wants us to be happy."-Ben Franklin

Rainbow dash...
    They're coming. The Shippers are coming for you, but listen—your life could depend on this—don't blink. Don't even blink. Blink and you're shipped. They are fast, faster than you could believe. Don't turn your back, don't look away, and don't blink. Good luck.

Gamerlord on EQD.
    Spoiler
    Show

15. - Top - End - #915
    Titan in the Playground

Was I in your dream too? Just wondering

16. - Top - End - #916
    Troll in the Playground

New pony names:

Lyra meets "Heartstring"
    Spoiler
    Show

The origin of Berryshine:
    Spoiler
    Show

Also, Ponibooru has some of the weirdest stuff there...
    Used to be Diego Havoc
    Spoiler: About Me
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by SiuiS View Post
    Diego Havoc, one of the hoopier froods I've met, up there with DeLancie.

17. - Top - End - #917
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Diego Havoc View Post
    New pony names:

The origin of Berryshine:
    Spoiler
    Show

Also, Ponibooru has some of the weirdest stuff there...
    Berry Pinch? Is that the fan name of Berry Punch's daughter?

18. - Top - End - #918
    Titan in the Playground

Okay, since others did it, here's my guess list for the roster of Fighting is Magic:

1-6: The main six, the only thing we know for sure.

The obvious:
    7: Celestia
    8: Spike
    9: Luna
    10: Nightmare Moon (Caveat: unless she's a boss-only character for their story mode.)
    11: Big Macintosh

Popular one-shot/background characters:
    12: Derpy
    13: Trixie

I'm just guessing at random from here:
    14: Vinyl Scratch
    15: Gilda
    16: Zecora
    17: Lyra
    An extra in case Nightmare Moon is just a boss: Doctor Whooves

I'd like to see Discord myself, but since they say that their roster was decided based on a poll done before season 2 came about, I'm not expecting him. Maybe as a story mode boss, but not playable, at least not until they get through whoever their pre-planned 17 are.

Zevox

19. - Top - End - #919

Okay, since others did it, here's my guess list for the roster of Fighting is Magic:

1-6: The main six, the only thing we know for sure.

The obvious:
    7: Celestia
    8: Spike
    9: Luna
    10: Nightmare Moon (Caveat: unless she's a boss-only character for their story mode.)
    11: Big Macintosh

Popular one-shot/background characters:
    12: Derpy
    13: Trixie

I'm just guessing at random from here:
    14: Vinyl Scratch
    15: Gilda
    16: Zecora
    17: Lyra
    An extra in case Nightmare Moon is just a boss: Doctor Whooves

I'd like to see Discord myself, but since they say that their roster was decided based on a poll done before season 2 came about, I'm not expecting him. Maybe as a story mode boss, but not playable, at least not until they get through whoever their pre-planned 17 are.

Zevox
    Unfortunately I remember seeing something a while back saying that once they have their 17 out, they won't be releasing any more, end of story. Which sucks, but I can understand that they don't want to clutter up the game with half flanked characters.
    Avatar by DirtyTabs in the Adopt-A-Pony thread.

Thank you all so much for voting!
    Co-Winner of Rainbow Dash in the Playground!
    Spoiler
    Show
    For your dedication to ponies and giving us all entertainment with your quote tree o' doom, I hereby award you the Louisianan Purchase. How can I do that? Long story short, let's just say I picked a doozy of a poker game to go "all in".

20. - Top - End - #920
    Titan in the Playground

Unfortunately I remember seeing something a while back saying that once they have their 17 out, they won't be releasing any more, end of story. Which sucks, but I can understand that they don't want to clutter up the game with half flanked characters.
    Their FAQ doesn't say that - rather, it basically says "we'll see when we get there."

Zevox

21. - Top - End - #921
    Titan in the Playground

Their FAQ doesn't say that - rather, it basically says "we'll see when we get there."

Zevox
    I think they also said in an interview (or over their stream maybe) that as they were getting more familiar with their own system they were also planning to get more ambitious and continue to support their game. Probably the best way we can keep them involved is to have tons of downloads once the game comes out so that they continue to support it.

Oh and I'm definitely down for a giantitp tournament. Hopefully not too many of you secretly own joysticks hooked up to your computer.
    School Fox by Atlur

Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    Anarion's right on the money here.
    Quotes

"Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth.”
    Oscar Wilde Writer & Poet (1891)

22. - Top - End - #922
    Titan in the Playground

You ever have one of those evenings...? Firework tonight (because it's the only night the extended family can all make). We've been whittling all day about making sure the wooden decking (which is simply murderous when wet) and amking sure it's safe for my grandparents - only for Nanny to pre-empt us by falling over before hand, and phoning us from the hospital...

Nothing life-threatening; she said she didn't need anyone to go and join them (another half-hour before the x-ray's completed), fortunately; though she is in her ninties, so I'm keeping my fingers crossed.)

And just to crown the evening, I had a frantic call from the guy who's supposed to be DMing for our day game a week on Saturday; his motherboard just keeled over, meaning he can't finish the quest (not and repair his computer in the time available). So...down to muggings to work out a back-up plan...

Never rains but it pours...!

Fireworks were cool, though...

23. - Top - End - #923
    Titan in the Playground

Oh and I'm definitely down for a giantitp tournament. Hopefully not too many of you secretly own joysticks hooked up to your computer.
    Oh I'm pretty sure that's not the case. There's a relatively small number of regular posters in the fighting game threads that pop up in the "Gaming (Other" (aka video gaming) section of the forums, and I'm pretty sure I'm the only one who is also a Brony. And I don't own an arcade stick myself.

Zevox

24. - Top - End - #924

...When did Berry Punch drunk herself into Baator?
    Well, you took that in a different direction than I was thinking. I was assuming she acquired it in the good old fashioned way. Grave robbing. I mean, if it is good enough for Dr. Frankenstein, it is good enough for Berry Punch.
    Happy Trixie Appreciation Day!

Old Avatars:
    Spoiler
    Show

Stormpony Avatar by Dirtytabs

25. - Top - End - #925
    Titan in the Playground

I would definitely be up for this tournament, whenever it does happen.

But it the meantime, have some Lyra and Bonbon:
    Spoiler
    Show

Pony Names: Honestly? I don't particularly care what the official names are. That pony who never learned how to sit properly will always be Lyra to me, and no blind bag pony can change that. I'd type out more from my personal headcanon, but there's just too much there to type.

@Aorts: Yikes. I'd hug you but...you know, Con drain and all.

So I baked you cookies.

*offers delicious snickerdoodles*
    Last edited by TheAmishPirate; 2011-11-03 at 03:43 PM.
    I'm developing a game. Let's see what happens! Complex.

26. - Top - End - #926
    Orc in the Playground

My list of Fighting is Magic characters from our IRC discussion was...

Big Mac, Cutie Mark Crusaders (all three as one character), Derpy, Generic Diamond Dog, Gilda, Little Strongheart, Photo Finish, Soarin' (or Spitfire, either one - I was leaning towards Soarin' for more gender equality), Spike, Trixie (the Great and Powerful), Zecora.

For some reason, I was under the impression that there would be 11 non-mane six characters, and that they'd all be from season 1. I'm not really up to date on it, though. I'd drop the Diamond Dog and Soarin'/Spitfire for Celestia and Luna if they're going to be available, we were debating it under the assumption that they were too powerful... but as discussed, it can just be abstracted and they can be in it anyway.

Also, tournament sounds fun, even if I'll /horribly/ lose.

*obligatory "hey Gaelbert was I in your dream!?" question*

Sorry, I couldn't help myself.

AIn all honesty, most likely not until Saturday. I've got to focus on work a little more than I have been, and as fun as it is, IRC is a pretty large time sink, and you tend to not actually realize it.
    Discord's been needing to hold off on storytime for not enough ponies being around! Hurry back!

(No, really, focus on your work, that's more important *nods* We'll see you when you have more time.)
    Last edited by Neoseanster; 2011-11-03 at 04:12 PM.

27. - Top - End - #927
    Titan in the Playground

@Aorts: Yikes. I'd hug you but...you know, Con drain and all.

So I baked you cookies.

*offers delicious snickerdoodles*
    Ta. *munch*

Heard back - she dislocated her shoulder; they've put it back and are keeping her overnight and they're gonna assess in the morning. Not good, but not nearly as bad as it could have been under the circumstances. As me ol' Dad sez, "these things come to try us, and sometimes they succeed."

28. - Top - End - #928
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Neoseanster View Post
    My list of Fighting is Magic characters from our IRC discussion was...

Big Mac, Cutie Mark Crusaders (all three as one character), Derpy, Generic Diamond Dog, Gilda, Little Strongheart, Photo Finish, Soarin' (or Spitfire, either one - I was leaning towards Soarin' for more gender equality), Spike, Trixie (the Great and Powerful), Zecora.
    Hm, I hadn't considered Soarin or Spitfire myself. Might be nice to give the game another Pegasus though, since otherwise it'll only have Rainbow Dash and Fluttershy there, plus possibly Celestia, Luna, and/or Nightmare Moon as Alicorns. Gotta say I'm baffed at the idea of Photo Finish being included though, and wouldn't expect a Diamond Dog either.

Quote Originally Posted by Neoseanster View Post
    For some reason, I was under the impression that there would be 11 non-mane six characters, and that they'd all be from season 1, I'm not really up to date on it though.
    That is correct as far as we know. They say the total planned roster is 17, which means 11 non-main-six, and that their character choices were based on a poll conducted before season 2 aired would mean they'd be all from season 1 unless they've changed their plans there.

Zevox

29. - Top - End - #929
    Ettin in the Playground

The game supports joysticks?
    Okay, here I have an advantage, I got an 11-12 button joystick I use for flight sims. Maybe with that I might stand a chance
    Credit for my various avatars goes to Dashwood,Cealocanth,Kwarkpudding,Randomizer,kpengu in,Alarra,Bisected8,zimmerwald1915, and Thanqol.

Once known as "Gamerkid".

30. - Top - End - #930
    Titan in the Playground

There's a Friendship is Magic wiki and an MLP wiki. They seem a little... sparse.
    Avatar of George the Dragon Slayer, from the upcoming Indivisible!
    My Steam profile
    Warriors and Wuxia, Callos_DeTerran's ToB setting