New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 43 of 49 FirstFirst ... 183334353637383940414243444546474849 LastLast
Results 1,261 to 1,290 of 1470
  1. - Top - End - #1261
    Dwarf in the Playground

Default Re: My Little Pony XXX: Trixie Treats!

Where is the IRC room?

2. - Top - End - #1262
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Kurgan View Post
    So, I was talking with a friend about episodes I don't particularly like, and I mentioned Boast Busters, because I dislike the plot line of "Someone shows up more powerful than the main character!? Must be a fraud!"
    Er, the problem in that episode wasn't Trixie claiming to be so powerful - although the fact that she was lying does make that a problem - it was that she was such a self-centered bitch about it, acting like it made her better than everyone else and trying to get everyone to practically worship her. Not to mention how she treated those that fell for it (Snips & Snails).

I then went on to tell him about how I dislike the fact that by the end, Trixie has lost her house, stage, equipment, and fancy cape. Destroying the livelihood of someone who inconveniences you slightly just leaves a sour taste in my mouth.
    Then it's a good thing that nobody did that intentionally and those things only came about as a coincidence from the Ursa Minor's rampage, eh?

Zevox
    Toph Pony avatar by Dirtytabs. Thanks!

"When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty, I read them openly. When I became a man, I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up." -C.S. Lewis

3. - Top - End - #1263
    Troll in the Playground

You can has Fluttershy!
    Spoiler
    Show
    This Machine Surrounds Hate And Forces It To Surrender

Quote Originally Posted by Anarion View Post
    DD, your unicorn is stronger, prettier, and higher-ranking than mine, and her secret lab has a better name than mine. THERE SHALL BE NO QUARTER.
    Ponythread Learns to Draw!

Spoiler
    Show
    Bleeeeh! Alfalfa Monster!

4. - Top - End - #1264
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by SiuiS View Post
    You're a horrible pony. I see why you have a "Rarity" avatar. Poor Druid Droid...
    What? St. Elsewhere was a good album, though Crazy got way too much airplay. I don't see what that has to do with chat rooms, honestly, unless Droid is trying to tell us that "WAAAAAY TOO MUCH PONY" has caused him to have aural hallucinations of Cee Lo Green singing, which doesn't seem nearly as bad as he's making it out to be.

This is... this is.
    Last edited by Kindablue; 2011-11-06 at 02:09 AM.
    ... I came to appreciate that mountains make poor receptacles for dreams.

5. - Top - End - #1265
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Fallen Angel View Post
    Where is the IRC room?
    My signature has a link to the post with all relevant information. You may need to hit the green citation arrow, but it's got it covered

6. - Top - End - #1266
    Dwarf in the Playground

So, I was talking with a friend about episodes I don't particularly like, and I mentioned Boast Busters, because I dislike the plot line of "Someone shows up more powerful than the main character!? Must be a fraud!"

I then went on to tell him about how I dislike the fact that by the end, Trixie has lost her house, stage, equipment, and fancy cape. Destroying the livelihood of someone who inconveniences you slightly just leaves a sour taste in my mouth.

But!

He then pointed out something to me, which amuses me and just knocked the episode up a few pegs in my mind: Trixie probably had insurance on her gear.

This brings to my imagination an elaborate plot on Trixie's part to collect on insurance, basing it on the Discworld description of it as "Gambling that your establishment WON'T burn down."

So, this leads to Trixie putting a massive insurance policy on her gear, then telling the Ursa story to implant the idea into her two idiot fans' minds. Ursa comes, she puts up a token fight, lets her place get ripped apart, and runs off.

The scene we don't see is where she is swimming in a pile of gold and hookers McDuck style in a mansion the size of Canterlot.

To explain her look of shock when the Ursa comes by: she is a stage magician, she probably has a few acting tricks, and can fake surprise and shock.

So, just wondering, what do you guys think of this?
    My thoughts on Trixie (the character not the OP I don't know them well enough to write a rambling bit of explanation for the thread)
    Spoiler
    Show

Ok going into this let me say I like Trixie as a character so I am a bit biased. I personally don't much care for the needless look she claimed to be better than mane characters so she needs to be taught a lesson feel of the episode. And while Zevox makes a good point of her being kinda itchy twitchy rhymes with witchy I don't really view her as being exclusively this way. I see Trixie as a wandering bard. Obviously the way she makes money is through her traveling show unless that's just a hobby and she is really rolling in dough from something else (like insurance scams). So how does a traveling entertainer get a crowd? How does one make money? By looking good, by embellishing there accomplishments, no one would want to see The Great and Powerful Trixie who once made a rope tie itself in a knot, no they want a legend, they want to hear about her defeating an Ursa Major. And especially when you travel to a small town that looked like it might be a good place to make a few bits after a long days travel you are gonna want to put on one or two good shows impress the yocal locals, prolly really ham it up since this is most likely the extent of the traveling entertainment this poor little town will see for a year or two and then be on your way. I don't imagine Snips and Snails being the only two her were suckered in by her claims either, especially after she beats Rainbowdash and Applejack, and also I guess Rarity but that seems less impressive (I mean how impressive is beating the town dress maker really?), and Princess Celestia's student just straight up refused to try and match her. But ya so I guess my point is I don't really get Trixie hate she is an entertainer and a performer just trying to brighten the lives of a small town and boost her reputation a bit in the process. Also maybe I have played one to many bards at this point.

Also I apologize for grammatical errors I burnt myself out on writing properly doing a history report earlier and won't be able to grammar properly again till the brandy leaves my system.

7. - Top - End - #1267
    Firbolg in the Playground

GnomeWizardGuy

Hello everyone; I'm not dead yet! Although I will admit that I been too busy to stay caught up on the thread. I have been visiting the chat lately, although I haven't always paid attention to it, either...

Anyways, commentary on the new episode! I'm sure that several points have been covered already, but I figure I'll throw in my two bits anyways.

Season 2 episode 5 spoilers
    Spoiler
    Show
    Wow, and people thought that episode 4 would have been the fanfic-killer. Ditzy Doo has a little sister, Dinky isn't even related to her, and Berry Punch's "daughter" turns out to be her little sister. I'm sure that has spawned at least one short comic about Berry telling her daughter to act like a sister to keep up appearances.

And it seems like this episode has confirmed one assumption I've had about the cast: that they are around ~16 years old, in human terms.

While the idea of a 25-year old with a 10-year old sibling isn't so unusual that I would ignore the possibility, I wouldn't think that there would be more than one or two would appear in a town the size of Ponyville. Six seems like an unusually large number. A yearly festival devoted to adult-aged ponies spending time with their grade-school siblings just stretches my imagination beyond believability.

It just seems more likely to me that the age difference between the older siblings and younger ones is far less than assumed. 16-18 for the older crowd and 10-12 for the younger ones just feels more reasonable to me, as the parents seperating children by a few years feels more likely than a decade and a half.

Yes, I'm sure this ruins some fanfics, but I wasn't much of a fan of that particular style of fic anyway.

--

As a side note, does the second season thus far feel far more... comedic than the first season? I mean, the art does seem a bit more freer and cartoony since Return of Harmony, but that's not what I mean. I mean that the characters are much more likely to act towards a gag.

Rarity in this episode was probably the best example - suddenly praising Sweetie for something, then immediately posturing without anyone to see just felt... silly. It didn't seem to be done for her character; it honestly would have shown better character growth for her to feel sorry about it when she was alone. It felt more like Rarity was posturing for the camera, just so that the viewers could chuckle at her ridiculous response.

I suppose that this is something we've seen in other episodes this season - a focus on the fun, silly "action" and then a quick resolution that doesn't feel quite as satisfying. Am I the only one who feels this way, or have other people been getting the same impression?
    Quote Originally Posted by darthbobcat View Post
    There are no bad ideas, just bad execution.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Thank you to zimmerwald1915 for the Gustave avatar.
    The full set is here.

Air Raccoon avatar provided by Ceika
    from the Request an OotS Style Avatar thread

A big thanks to PrinceAquilaDei for the gryphon avatar!
    original image

8. - Top - End - #1268
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by erikun View Post
    Season 2 episode 5 spoilers
    Spoiler
    Show
    Wow, and people thought that episode 4 would have been the fanfic-killer. Ditzy Doo has a little sister, Dinky isn't even related to her,
    You might want to read the discussion I was having with Pokonic a page ago, as neither of those is actually shown in the episode.

Zevox
    Last edited by Zevox; 2011-11-06 at 02:54 AM.
    Toph Pony avatar by Dirtytabs. Thanks!

"When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty, I read them openly. When I became a man, I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up." -C.S. Lewis

9. - Top - End - #1269
    Firbolg in the Playground

GnomeWizardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Zevox View Post
    You might want to read the discussion I was having with Pokonic a page ago, as neither of those is actually shown in the episode.
    Season 2 episode 5
    Spoiler
    Show

If that's not Dinky, then she has a clone wandering around Ponyville.
    You are right, though, that I thought another pony was Ditzy.

And while it may not invalidate the fanon, it does require Dinky to be adopted by a pony around the same age as her older sister. And be in contact with said sister. That... seems a bit too far-fetched to me.

Not impossible, of course, just as several adults with children-siblings wouldn't be impossible. But certainly quite a stretch.

[EDIT] It looks like Ditzy is sitting in the stands during the race.
    Last edited by erikun; 2011-11-06 at 03:35 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by darthbobcat View Post
    There are no bad ideas, just bad execution.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Thank you to zimmerwald1915 for the Gustave avatar.
    The full set is here.

Air Raccoon avatar provided by Ceika
    from the Request an OotS Style Avatar thread

A big thanks to PrinceAquilaDei for the gryphon avatar!
    original image

10. - Top - End - #1270
    Ettin in the Playground

My, just look at the time!

TIME TO RIDE IN YODELING ON A MOONWHALE

Spoiler
    Show

YODEL~ ADLE~ EEDLE~ IDLE~ OOOOOOO~

Hwatcha!

You sir, make the best entrances. I'd like to say something pony-related, but my attention has been completely derailed by the whole space-whale yodel towing Invader Zim (?) thing.

11. - Top - End - #1271
    Titan in the Playground

Episode 5
    Spoiler
    Show
    Here's a thought on Dinky: Perhaps she and Sparkler have the same father, but not the same mother. Perhaps Dinky is Ditzy's daughter with mr. X, while Sparkler is mr. X's daugther from a previous relationship. He'd probably be somewhat older than Ditzy, making it all work perfectly.

I think I might make that my fanon for now, seeing how one of the stories I was hoping to write for NaNoWriMo has Dinky as Ditzy's daughter.

Another thing, a crazy idea I just got: Rarity's father is wearing a hat so we can't see his horn... if he has a horn. I suddenly like the idea that he's actually an earth pony. His cutie mark seems more like something a pegasus or earth pony would have, and while I suppose his shirt could hide a pair of wings I find it less likely than no horn.

About why her parents would be dropping off Sweetie Belle with Rarity when Sweetie Belle goes to Ponyville school, perhaps they live slightly outside Ponyville, close enough that Sweetie Belle would go to school there and occasionally visit. And in this episode they go on vacation elsewhere, which means Rarity needs to take care of her sister for a week. Seems perfectly reasonable to me.

12. - Top - End - #1272
    Colossus in the Playground

Episode 5 not-a-spoiler-but-whateves

Spoiler
    Show
    5:55, Sweete Belle says "Ride bikes"

HOW DO PONIES RIDE BIKES

13. - Top - End - #1273
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Thanqol View Post

Spoiler
    Show

HOW DO PONIES RIDE BIKES
    Spoiler
    Show
    The same way Lyra does.
    Credit for my various avatars goes to Dashwood,Cealocanth,Kwarkpudding,Randomizer,kpengu in,Alarra,Bisected8,zimmerwald1915, and Thanqol.

Once known as "Gamerkid".

14. - Top - End - #1274
    Titan in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show

HOW DO PONIES RIDE BIKES

15. - Top - End - #1275
    Troll in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show

HOW DO PONIES RIDE BIKES
    Spoiler
    Show
    I've been meaning to do this for a while now, but this seems a good time. I'm gonna go draw Bon Bon and Lyra riding a Tandem :D

Also Episode 5 spoiler images
    Spoiler
    Show

Used to be Diego Havoc
    Spoiler: About Me
    Show
    Diego Havoc, one of the hoopier froods I've met, up there with DeLancie.

16. - Top - End - #1276

Quote Originally Posted by Deadly View Post
    Well played.

17. - Top - End - #1277
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Beeskee View Post
    Glad your dog was found again.
    Mum's dog. I only have to unlive in the house with him.

Quote Originally Posted by Beeskee
    Spoiler
    Show

Yeah I knew about the eggs for baking. Regular cooked eggs wouldn't be that much different, but aren't the 'sunny-side-up' eggs partially uncooked? Just made hot enough to kill any bacteria/parasites but with the yolks still runny? Or is that another style? Seems like it might be harder to digest either way, but I don't know for sure.

For the hot dogs, I always assumed Pinkie Pie meant veggie dogs. CARNIVORE PONIES are a little unnerving to me, probably because it's only one step from that to Z-Z-Z-ZOMBIE PONIES!
    Spoiler
    Show

Whu?

Omnivore does not equal carnivore anymore than carnivore equals zombie. While some of the other fram animals display intelligence, have we actually seen the pigs do so? I'm reasonably sure we haven't yet, have we? (Not too mention that there are animal-level intelligent creatures floating around, which would be perfectly acceptable non-sentient food.)

Just out of interest, would ponies eating fish or insects (which would logically be a step if all mammals/birds are semi-sentient) freak you out as much?

Quote Originally Posted by Strife Warzeal View Post
    I have no words on how to describe the greatness of this. (despite it's mundane nature it is strangely awesome.)
    *tips hat*

It's amazing what something so simple can achieve isn't it?

Quote Originally Posted by otakuryoga View Post
    yeah...he had to redeem himself with something that good after i tricked him with the short story i wrote
    And don't think I've forgotten that...

Quote Originally Posted by otakuryoga
    Spoiler
    Show
    what i love about that pic is the detail...the excess glue leaking out from under some of the gems and the heart she drew first but didnt QUITE manage to perfectly follow with the gems...makes it seem so authentic
    Spoiler
    Show
    I'd not noticed that. You're right, they get bonus points for thinking that out so well.

Spoiler
    Show

Hwatcha!

[Tenth Doctor]What?

What?!

What?![/Tenth Doctor]
    Last edited by Aotrs Commander; 2011-11-06 at 08:39 AM.

18. - Top - End - #1278
    Bugbear in the Playground

Ep5 spoiler and related stuff:
    Spoiler
    Show
    A forumite over at Bay12 presented us with an amount of overanalysis that seems quite typical for this fandom:
    How to extrapolate meaningless interpretations from tiny bits of canon: Applejack was under the surface of the mud pit with no breathing apparatus from 17:50 to 19:42, or approximately 1:52. Ponies are generally assumed to reach about waist-stomach height on an adult human of average height (judging based on fanon interpretation, as well as the respective heights of the children and ponies in previous generations), but have slightly larger chests in comparison to overall body size. For the purposes of this, we can assume that the average pony would have something on the order of 65-85% of the lung capacity of an adult human, but if we account for Earth Pony magically strengthened endurance, it should be roughly equal. Now, the average human is able to hold their breath for 30s-60s while submerged. However, it is possible to train yourself to hold your breath for longer periods of time, particularly if you are in a line of work which requires you to spend substantial lengths of time in and under water. The current record for longest breath held underwater by a human is 18m32.59s by Brazilian Karoline Mariechen Meyer. In other words, Applejack held her breath more than twice as long as the average for a normal pony, despite having no need to do so once the switch had been made. She also somehow managed to detect that the race was over, despite being submerged in mud that was thick enough to provide a sufficiently solid surface for Sweetie Belle to jump across. After emerging from the mud, she displayed no sign of panic or serious O2 deprivation, needing little more than a quick, deep breath before hopping out and trotting over to her friends.

Therefore, the only rational conclusion is that Applejack is a former member of Equestria's elite aquatic Special Operations organization, Bay Watch, which has long been at the forefront of the secret war against the terrible threat of the godless pinko Seaponies and their musical weapons of mass destruction.
    He then lamented:
    If I had any talent, I would have drawn her in a wetsuit with a diving knife. But no-o-o, the natural skill for drawing and painting in the family had to end before me. >:(

Hey, I hope this gives a certain someone out there an idea for a drawing. Applejack. Wetsuit. Diving. All my money.
    Given such circumstances, I couldn't help but oblige. :)

Last edited by Sean Mirrsen; 2011-11-06 at 09:04 AM.
    Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    ---------------------
    Current occupation: Considering drawing a better Psionic Flame avatar.
    ---------------------
    Skills: Competent Modder, Proficient Programmer, Accomplished RTD Game Master, Adequate Artist, Dabbling Writer
    ---------------------
    Join Dropbox! It's free! And useful!

19. - Top - End - #1279
    Troll in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Spoiler
    Show

Hey!, quit stealing my Absurdity!

so...it has been almost 24 hours....anyone rushed out and bought the Doggy Do game yet?

episode
    Spoiler
    Show
    further thought 1--- Applebloom with her "One Day!" just makes me think of the comic with the pear seller.

further thought 2--- cant wait to see a gif with Sweetie and Applebloom tugging at Applejack with the words "Make a Wish" across the bottom

Further thought 3--- Sweetie Belle is the new Roomba (since i havent seen that joke made yet)

Quote Originally Posted by Aotrs Commander View Post

And don't think I've forgotten that...
    But, but...i Apologized! And i gave you Spike and Rarity married...With Kids!! (sure it was only for like 8 sentences....) and an implied night of adult private time fun
    Last edited by otakuryoga; 2011-11-06 at 09:21 AM.
    Ponies not only make ME want to be a better person than I was before they entered my life, they make me want to HELP OTHERS be better people too.

And that is a GOOD thing by any definition.

full size avatar

20. - Top - End - #1280
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Sean Mirrsen View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    A forumite over at Bay12 presented us with an amount of overanalysis that seems quite typical for this fandom:

He then lamented:

Glad to see they're as ponysane as we are here.

21. - Top - End - #1281

Spoiler
    Show

He then lamented:

Neeeeeeeerds

Also win.

Some combination of the two.

22. - Top - End - #1282
    Titan in the Playground

episode
    Spoiler
    Show
    Further thought 3--- Sweetie Belle is the new Roomba (since i havent seen that joke made yet)
    Spoiler
    Show

23. - Top - End - #1283
    Troll in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Spoiler
    Show
    mostly i meant on here..i was pretty sure someone somewhere had drawn that...i was just too lazy to go looking 8)
    Ponies not only make ME want to be a better person than I was before they entered my life, they make me want to HELP OTHERS be better people too.

And that is a GOOD thing by any definition.

full size avatar

24. - Top - End - #1284
    Titan in the Playground

And on that note, I fear 'tis time for me to retire to meditate, least I accidently confuse Hopereaver for a belligerent giraffe armed with a rocket-propelled canteloupe again.

*glare*

Look, I said I was sorry, and you can hardly see the scars...
    ...rocket propelled canteloupe?
    Would this actually be a threat?

Quote Originally Posted by Vent Reynolt View Post
    Second.

I mean, really, what could ever top Socks!Lixie?
    Anything! .//////////////////.

Mum's dog. I only have to unlive in the house with him.
    One day
    Someone from ponythread will meet Aotrs in 'meatspace'
    And go 'HOLY CELESTIA YOU'RE A LICH'
    Cause he actually WILL BE
    And he'll go 'Well I DID tell you. Want to see the spaceship?'
    Recent Homebrew: The Socialite | The Crystalline: Memory Altering Construct Race | Sanguine Hand, a ToB Discipline of blood and cruelty
    Homebrew Signature | NEW Homebrew Collection
    Thanks to all my avatar artists, especially to Paisley for my avatar of Vivian, cowardly cryophoenix.
    It's like the feng shui version of an orbital death laser.

25. - Top - End - #1285
    Orc in the Playground

After not having any Fanfics I'm following update in about a week, two of them update at once.

This is why I love this Fandom.

26. - Top - End - #1286
    Titan in the Playground

A bit of trivia for no real reason: The writer who wrote the new episode, Cindy Morrow, also wrote Griffon the Brush-off, Winter Wrap Up, Show Stoppers and Owl's Well that Ends Well

mostly i meant on here..i was pretty sure someone somewhere had drawn that...i was just too lazy to go looking 8)
    Ah. Found it for you then

27. - Top - End - #1287
    Troll in the Playground

But!

He then pointed out something to me, which amuses me and just knocked the episode up a few pegs in my mind: Trixie probably had insurance on her gear.

This brings to my imagination an elaborate plot on Trixie's part to collect on insurance, basing it on the Discworld description of it as "Gambling that your establishment WON'T burn down."

So, this leads to Trixie putting a massive insurance policy on her gear, then telling the Ursa story to implant the idea into her two idiot fans' minds. Ursa comes, she puts up a token fight, lets her place get ripped apart, and runs off.

The scene we don't see is where she is swimming in a pile of gold and hookers McDuck style in a mansion the size of Canterlot.

To explain her look of shock when the Ursa comes by: she is a stage magician, she probably has a few acting tricks, and can fake surprise and shock.

So, just wondering, what do you guys think of this?
    I kind of like this crafty Trixie interpretation...

Suddenly all the fanfics about her losing her cart go from sad to "Just as Trixie planned"

Quote Originally Posted by BlasTech View Post
    You sir, make the best entrances. I'd like to say something pony-related, but my attention has been completely derailed by the whole space-whale yodel towing Invader Zim (?) thing.
    Actually I believe that's moi riding in on the lassoed moon whale. I didn't want SiuiS to escape, y'see...

Quote Originally Posted by Diego Havoc View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    I've been meaning to do this for a while now, but this seems a good time. I'm gonna go draw Bon Bon and Lyra riding a Tandem :D

Also Episode 5 spoiler images
    Spoiler
    Show

*ahem*

It won't be a stylish marriage
    I can't afford a carriage
    But you'll look sweet
    Upon the seat
    Of a bicycle built for two!

Uh, Lyra love...what's a bicycle?

[Tenth Doctor]What?

What?!

What?![/Tenth Doctor]
    Moon whales! They're everywhere!

Spoiler
    Show

He then lamented:

I love this fandom so much!

Spoiler
    Show
    Allow me to reiterate: I love the fandom!
    Last edited by the_druid_droid; 2011-11-06 at 11:05 AM.

DD, your unicorn is stronger, prettier, and higher-ranking than mine, and her secret lab has a better name than mine. THERE SHALL BE NO QUARTER.

Spoiler
    Show

28. - Top - End - #1288
    Titan in the Playground

Anypony got any good advice on writing Derpy? What is she like, how does she talk?

From Luna Eclipsed it seems that she is, at least at times, pretty silly. But silly how? Is she maybe a little dim too, or what is up with her?
    Last edited by Deadly; 2011-11-06 at 11:10 AM.

29. - Top - End - #1289
    Ogre in the Playground

Guys, I found a picture of John Egbert as a pony.

Spoiler
    Show

About the episode: (spoilers)
    Spoiler
    Show
    'Twas alright. A decent episode.

30. - Top - End - #1290
    Troll in the Playground

Anypony got any good advice on writing Derpy? What is she like, how does she talk?

From Luna Eclipsed it seems that she is, at least at times, pretty silly. But silly how? Is she maybe a little dim too, or what is up with her?
    Derpy-speak seems to vary wildly depending on your source. Some people write her as talking normally but having Tourette's-esque attacks of word-salad speech, or else difficulty being coherent in times of stress or high emotion. Other people write her as having a consistent speech impediment of saying silly things, but whether they write it to imply that she just has difficulty speaking or that she's actually a bit off in the head tends to vary. I think there have also been a couple more novel approaches, but I can't recall them off the top of my head.

I'd suggest that you decide how to write her based on what sort of pony she is in your story - a slightly silly but otherwise normal pegasus, or more of a character that is kind of dim, but probably well-meaning. The choice might also depend on her role in the story; if she's going to be a big focus, you have more time to develop a nuanced approach to her condition, however you interpret it.

Spoiler
    Show