New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. - Top - End - #61
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: By Blood he is born, by Deed he is forged. [Base Class]

Quote Originally Posted by JackRackham View Post
    Question though, is this a 3.0 class or a 3.P class? I noticed the skills are different from 3.5...
    He's so awesome, he only does Pathfinder material.
    James/TheDoge Avatar by Ceika!

Quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by TravelLog View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by SamBurke View Post
    *snip* ...Hands down the funniest class critique ever... *snip*
    I cannot tell you the number of times I laughed while reading this.

Homebrew Awards:
    Spoiler
    Show

First Place Pathfinder Grab Bags:
    XIII
    XIV
    XV
    XVIII

2. - Top - End - #62
    Ettin in the Playground

He's so awesome, he only does Pathfinder material.
    Well, 3.Pathfinder. I sunk way too much money into 3.0 and 3.5 to ever go Core only and it's one of the reasons I shell out $50 for Pathfinder books and why WoTC will need to fight to get me back.

WoTC abandoned me and there appears Paizo on the horizon saying, "It's cool, we've got you bro. You can totally use all your old books at our house."

And I'm awesome?

3. - Top - End - #63
    Bugbear in the Playground

Two things:

-Hybrid potential still does not state at which level you gain access to which spell levels. RAW as is, you get access to all of them 1/day as soon as you get it.

-The pheonix PotI capstone is pretty weak. While you do get a free resurruction per week, the negative levels add up pretty quickly and the lich's free rezz has no such restriction.
    Homebrew:
    Spoiler
    Show

Misc:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by A Friend Of Mine
    Bloody Mess: The gift that keeps on gibbing.
    Fatigue makes me wax philosophic and/or babble. If I've posted something strange and tangential, that is probably the cause. This entry would be an example.

4. - Top - End - #64
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Bendraesar View Post
    Well, 3.Pathfinder. I sunk way too much money into 3.0 and 3.5 to ever go Core only and it's one of the reasons I shell out $50 for Pathfinder books and why WoTC will need to fight to get me back.

WoTC abandoned me and there appears Paizo on the horizon saying, "It's cool, we've got you bro. You can totally use all your old books at our house."

And I'm awesome?
    Anyone who's brave enough to make Pathfinder classes on this board, with all its many.... erm... complexities... is very brave. Plus, this is a great project, and I loved the Nagual, too.
    James/TheDoge Avatar by Ceika!

Quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by TravelLog View Post
    *snip* ...Hands down the funniest class critique ever... *snip*
    I cannot tell you the number of times I laughed while reading this.

Homebrew Awards:
    Spoiler
    Show

First Place Pathfinder Grab Bags:
    XIII
    XIV
    XV
    XVIII

5. - Top - End - #65
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by radmelon View Post
    Two things:

-Hybrid potential still does not state at which level you gain access to which spell levels. RAW as is, you get access to all of them 1/day as soon as you get it.
    Crap, knew I forgot something. I'll get on that.

-The pheonix PotI capstone is pretty weak. While you do get a free resurruction per week, the negative levels add up pretty quickly and the lich's free rezz has no such restriction.
    Phoenix's get Greater Restoration as an SLA. So it's still better than the Lich's.

Anyone who's brave enough to make Pathfinder classes on this board, with all its many.... erm... complexities... is very brave. Plus, this is a great project, and I loved the Nagual, too.
    I guess I'm just missing something here. ^^;

And thanks, me too. I really hope some day I get to give that class out a try.

6. - Top - End - #66
    Dwarf in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

[list][*] The Scion of Legacy's type changes to match the creature type of their chosen Path of the Inhuman. If they already share the same type, the Scion of Legacy gains any subtypes possessed by the creature.
    Just to clarify, this means the ghoul and the lich become undead?

[*] The Scion of Legacy selects one of the ability scores that were increased by their Inhuman Body and Inhuman Mind class features. They receive a further +2 increase to these two ability scores.
    In your original version you applied this increase to two ability scores, did you intend to do the same again, or just stick with increasing one?

At first blush, I'm liking the lich scion, I'll give it a more throrough look a bit later.
    I also have another request... the Euralden Eye.
    A psionic undead from the WOTC site (http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/psb/20070518a) that I stumbled across this weekend.

7. - Top - End - #67

Good point about the restoration. Hadn't seen that part.
    Homebrew:
    Spoiler
    Show

Misc:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Fatigue makes me wax philosophic and/or babble. If I've posted something strange and tangential, that is probably the cause. This entry would be an example.

8. - Top - End - #68
    Barbarian in the Playground

You still owe me a Cake one
    ~ Thanks to Crimmy for Richardtar ~

9. - Top - End - #69
    Dwarf in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

I've given the lich scion a closer look, and I like it. My questions are...

Minor Monstrous Art: The Scion of Legacy casts arcane spells as if they were a wizard of one quarter their total levels in this class (minimum 1). They are treated as having specialized in Necromancy and having banned Evocation and Illusion but otherwise do not gain access to any other Wizard abilities.
    It might be simpler to allow them to cast as a dread necromancer (more confined spell list) instead, but, as is, does this stack with existing or future levels of necromancer?

Least Monstrous Art (Su): The Scion of Legacy, as a standard action, can put off an aura of pure fear. This aura extends in a ten foot radius from the Scion of Legacy. Allies in the radius of the aura are immune to fear effects while foes must make a DC 10+1/2 the Scion of Legacy's Hit Dice + the Scion of Legacy's Charisma modifier or become frightened.
    If I'm missing an obvious PF thing, please let me know, but does this aura or the fear it generates have a duration?

Major Monstrous Art: The Scion of Legacy, as a full-round action, may let out a pulse of negative energy. This pulse deals 10d6 points of negative energy damage and extends in a forty feet radius from the Scion of Legacy. Any corpse, that has been dead for no longer than ten days, that is in the radius of this effect rises as a zombie under the control of the Scion of Legacy but reverts to a normal corpse after 10 rounds. This is a supernatural ability and mimics the Animate Dead spell.
    This is pretty cool, but begs the question... Cany they be reanimated by conventional means after this ability has been used, or even by multiple uses of this ability?

Master Monstrous Art: The Scion of Legacy who is slain only remains so for 2d10 rounds as long as some portion of their body remains. Otherwise the Scion of Legacy regenerates itself from its remains, rising at full health. This is a supernatural ability and the Scion of Legacy cannot self-regenerate in the confines of an anti-magic field or similar effect or Consecrate or similar effect but regenerates as normal once the duration of those effects end. The Scion of Legacy can only use this ability once per week and will be truly slain if killed a second time. The Scion of Legacy's Damage Reduction increases to 10/Bludgeoning and Magic, it gains immunity to Electricity damage and its Paralyzing Touch's effects become permanent (though any spell that removes paralysis or a curse removes this effect).
    The permanent paralysis is cool. What kind of save needs to made for it?

10. - Top - End - #70
    Ettin in the Playground

As requested by mrcarter11, the Path of the Gloom has been added.

I'm sorry for the long delay and the fact I only have one Path this update. The former is because...well...November was a very busy month filled with a lot of stuff happening and I also had to make an entire campaign setting (which I'm still working on) for my IRL group. The latter is because it's been a while since I made a Path and I just wanted to ease back into doing the process right before banging out multiple ones to catch up.

Now, unfortunately, I'll have to be setting a limit on how many Paths a person can suggest. You are only allowed to request one Path at a time and may request another Path once your previous request has been filled. I'm doing this so that people who really want to see a certain Path added but had the poor luck to post their request after someone who posted 20 requests don't get shafted and have to wait forever to see their suggestion breathed into life.

@Shadow Lord: Can you get me stats for your Cake Golem per chance?

@Silver Spectre:
    • That's a thought to look into. Does anyone else think that would work better? And yes, they stack with any past or future class levels in Wizard and do let you qualify for casting PrCs.
    • Auras are usually always active unless dismissed. Unless I'm missing some rule text somewhere that says otherwise.
    • Yes and I'm not sure. Does anyone believe that it would be unbalanced/overpowered to allow multiple iterations of the ability on the same corpses?
    • The save is given in the Moderate Monstrous Art for the Path.

11. - Top - End - #71

Yay update! I must say however I've never heard of the gloom. What book is it from? Also, is there an official waiting list for new PotI? I wanna see the lineup.
    Homebrew:
    Spoiler
    Show

Misc:
    Spoiler
    Show

12. - Top - End - #72
    Ettin in the Playground

Yay update! I must say however I've never heard of the gloom. What book is it from? Also, is there an official waiting list for new PotI? I wanna see the lineup.
    The Gloom is from the Epic Level Handbook and I must say the critter has grown on me. Might use a toned down, tweaked version at some point for my campaign. Maybe give it some innate maneuvers from Shadow Hand.

The Illithid I assume you mean?

13. - Top - End - #73
    Ogre in the Playground

Call me old fashioned, but can we get a Path of the Beholder?
    It would be pure win.

14. - Top - End - #74
    Ettin in the Playground

Rise! Rise my long dormant child! Rise from the Graveyard of Forgotten Homebrew! RIIIIIISE!

*cough*

Ahem.

As requested by Mootoall, the Path of the Iron Golem is added. I only did one to shake off the rust to see if I still have what it takes.

15. - Top - End - #75

Words cannot express my glee.
    Homebrew:
    Spoiler
    Show

Misc:
    Spoiler
    Show

16. - Top - End - #76
    Ogre in the Playground

Just rediscovered this.. The golem I must say is quite a work of art and something I may use in the future.

Glad to see your back in any case. I do hope you'll stick around this time

And if I can find the thread, I'll share it with you, but I did happen to this class in a pbp a while back. Sadly the gloom hadn't been finished yet.

Lastly, the Gloom. I'm glad you like the creature. I always thought it was quite an interesting foe to throw against a party.. I must say though, I almost find it, underpowered. Not quite, but almost. I'll attempt to figure out why in a bit and let you know. But still, glad to see this class back online.
    DnD Me
    Spoiler
    Show
    Neutral Evil Human Sorcerer/Rogue (1st/1st Level)
    Ability Scores:
    Strength-13
    Dexterity-12
    Constitution-12
    Intelligence-15
    Wisdom-11
    Charisma-13

17. - Top - End - #77
    Ettin in the Playground

Words cannot express my glee.
    Heh. Not sure what I've done to elicit that kind of reaction, but I'm glad someone enjoys my work as such.

Quote Originally Posted by mrcarter11 View Post
    Just rediscovered this.. The golem I must say is quite a work of art and something I may use in the future.
    That's...honestly a way better reaction then I hoped.

Glad to see your back in any case. I do hope you'll stick around this time
    Oh, I'm always around. I just have tons of ideas bouncing around in my head and I'll just dive into them when I have the muse beside me. And then I'll end up getting burned out or not see enough replies or I might just get a wee bored and let something drop. And then months later I'll be back. But worry not, this class is one of my favorites and even if it wasn't, it's my first base class. I'll always be back to add more to it.

And if I can find the thread, I'll share it with you, but I did happen to this class in a pbp a while back. Sadly the gloom hadn't been finished yet.
    Please do! I am utterly starving for feedback! As far as I'm aware (other then what you just said) nothing I've ever made has been used in an actual game.

Lastly, the Gloom. I'm glad you like the creature. I always thought it was quite an interesting foe to throw against a party.. I must say though, I almost find it, underpowered. Not quite, but almost. I'll attempt to figure out why in a bit and let you know. But still, glad to see this class back online.
    The monster or the Path?

Because the monster definitely is, but that's the flaw of creatures as CR gets higher.

If the path is..well...that's the beauty of homebrew. Errata is always a few minutes away and the creators are right there alongside their end users to see and hear the flow.

18. - Top - End - #78
    Ogre in the Playground

The golem is something that after just finding, I'll likely plug into an encounter my players will soon run into. I'll see if I can find you that thread, it might be lost however, I do tend to post a good bit. And yes I meant the path, at least compared to the Golem, which after not seeing this class in as long as I haven't, is the only other path I'm familiar with.
    DnD Me
    Spoiler
    Show
    Ability Scores:
    Strength-13
    Dexterity-12
    Constitution-12
    Intelligence-15
    Wisdom-11
    Charisma-13

19. - Top - End - #79

This class, specifically the troll PoTI, has a fairly important role in a campaign setting I'm designing. It should be ready for use by this summer, hopefully.
    Homebrew:
    Spoiler
    Show

Misc:
    Spoiler
    Show

20. - Top - End - #80
    Ettin in the Playground

This class, specifically the troll PoTI, has a fairly important role in a campaign setting I'm designing. It should be ready for use by this summer, hopefully.
    Ooooh!

I can't wait!

And of course, you have my full permission to use this class and any of my work in the creation of your setting.

21. - Top - End - #81

Quote Originally Posted by Troll Brau View Post
    Ooooh!

I can't wait!

And of course, you have my full permission to use this class and any of my work in the creation of your setting.
    Yeah, once I have the rough draft of everything written up, I'll post it in the worldbuilding section.
    Homebrew:
    Spoiler
    Show

Misc:
    Spoiler
    Show

22. - Top - End - #82

This is probably a silly question. But with the Iron Golem path, is that a straight +1 to +5 with the Moderate Monstrous Art or does that include doing things like +1 Keen Frost weapon?

23. - Top - End - #83
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Merellis View Post
    This is probably a silly question. But with the Iron Golem path, is that a straight +1 to +5 with the Moderate Monstrous Art or does that include doing things like +1 Keen Frost weapon?
    Straight +1 to +5.

24. - Top - End - #84

Okay, thanks. This class looks like fun, thinking of using it.

25. - Top - End - #85
    Dwarf in the Playground

Devil

Would a legacy based on the Tarraesque be out of line?

I once made a barbarian with the "Waker of the Beast" PrC from Dragon and I really liked the flavor.

I can see this class easily pulling something similar off.
    Pedicabo ego vos et irrumabo

26. - Top - End - #86
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by NosferatuZodd View Post
    Would a legacy based on the Tarraesque be out of line?

I once made a barbarian with the "Waker of the Beast" PrC from Dragon and I really liked the flavor.

I can see this class easily pulling something similar off.

I dunno. The Tarrasque is generally a unique creature, so that might be something that ends up as PrC material like the God descendants would.
    Relevant quote is relevant.

27. - Top - End - #87
    Pixie in the Playground

DrowGuy

Looks very interesting.

If your still looking for paths, might I suggest DJinni (or elemental). Air/Fire/Earth/Water.

You can easily pick domains for these, as well as stat pairs.

28. - Top - End - #88
    Ogre in the Playground

Got a group of three of these going against my party currently. We shall see how it goes.
    DnD Me
    Spoiler
    Show
    Ability Scores:
    Strength-13
    Dexterity-12
    Constitution-12
    Intelligence-15
    Wisdom-11
    Charisma-13

29. - Top - End - #89
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by mrcarter11 View Post
    Got a group of three of these going against my party currently. We shall see how it goes.
    May I ask how it went?

Also, relevant quote is relevant:

Quote Originally Posted by Troll Brau View Post
    And if you're curious, I'm in the middle of writing a subsystem for Pathfinder and assuming I don't have any immediate responsibilities besides my Pathfinder contest, I'll be updating the class again.

30. - Top - End - #90
    Orc in the Playground

Would be cool to see a Path based off the Choker, hint hint nudge nudge