New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 17 of 50 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141516171819202122232425262742 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #481
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: League of Legends XXV: Who is your Summoner, and what does he do?

I just had my first quadra-kill.
    Here's the post-game screen, if anyone cares to look.
    Spoiler
    Show

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Here's my expression when I got my quadra.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Last edited by tribble; 2011-11-12 at 08:56 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Herman View Post
    I just found a dead cat in my quern. I guess someone was trying to make cat bread.
    Props go out to kwarkpudding for the awesome avatar!

2. - Top - End - #482
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by tribble View Post
    I just had my first quadra-kill.
    Here's the post-game screen, if anyone cares to look.
    Spoiler
    Show

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Here's my expression when I got my quadra.
    Spoiler
    Show
    That would've been mine, but instead it was more disappointed face because it was actually supposed to be my first penta, but then someone killed the last person.

Never even came close to a triple since.
    Awesome avatar by Abscondcrow

Spoiler
    Show
    Former awesome avatar by Zefir.

3. - Top - End - #483
    Titan in the Playground

I got a nice double kill earlier today when two people were running away on low health. I dropped a bear on them and they both died in one shot.
    Recent Homebrew: The Socialite | The Crystalline: Memory Altering Construct Race | Sanguine Hand, a ToB Discipline of blood and cruelty
    Homebrew Signature | NEW Homebrew Collection
    Thanks to all my avatar artists, especially to Paisley for my avatar of Vivian, cowardly cryophoenix.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thanqol View Post
    It's like the feng shui version of an orbital death laser.

4. - Top - End - #484
    Titan in the Playground

6k gold over the nearest enemy, 3-4 levels, and little to no Mres or health in the enemy builds? I'm pretty sure you could have built for max CDR, just chilled on the fountain hitting R whenever it came off cooldown, and still carried that game by that point... probably could have picked up a penta if you paid attention for really good Ult killsteal opportunities. Or if you ever caught the enemy as a full team; I'm guessing part of that complete stomp was that you kept catching them wandering around in ones or twos.
    Last edited by tyckspoon; 2011-11-12 at 09:15 PM.

5. - Top - End - #485
    Ogre in the Playground

That book was going to become a morello's, funnily enough. It helped that Veigar seemed to misunderstand his Q, and was trying to last hit with W instead. Yeah, I didn't even have to try to keep him from Q-ing minions.

The reason it was a quadra kill was because udyr wasn't at that teamfight.

Caitlyn ragequit at some point, and I killed her in the fountain. It took only two Qs. Well, and Nasus had his spirit fire going on there too.
    I just found a dead cat in my quern. I guess someone was trying to make cat bread.

6. - Top - End - #486

On topic of heavy hitting soaks, how has Jax been fairing since the gunblade nerf? Has he had to adjust his build at all?

Sometimes I wonder if he may not be better rushing Trinity now, just so he can get the bevy of other useful stats (Plus, I just can't stand not having high MS and a way to keep them down at this point. I swear half of my problem with being a melee ad is that I just can't stick to them, which is one of the reasons Yi is so dangerous when he isn't being countered.) Plus although he has quite a bit of AS once he gets rolling, having some base to speed up the ramp couldn't possibly hurt.

Some people also now want to start him with Wriggles (and actually did before the gunblade nerf.) I must say, that, Tabi, and an Atmas is pretty much a full suite of armor, and one Mr item plus his ult means a full suite of MR, AND his damage means a full suite of health.

Spoiler
    Show

7. - Top - End - #487
    Troll in the Playground

Zombie

Quote Originally Posted by Daverin View Post
    On topic of heavy hitting soaks, how has Jax been fairing since the gunblade nerf? Has he had to adjust his build at all?

Sometimes I wonder if he may not be better rushing Trinity now, just so he can get the bevy of other useful stats (Plus, I just can't stand not having high MS and a way to keep them down at this point. I swear half of my problem with being a melee ad is that I just can't stick to them, which is one of the reasons Yi is so dangerous when he isn't being countered.) Plus although he has quite a bit of AS once he gets rolling, having some base to speed up the ramp couldn't possibly hurt.

Some people also now want to start him with Wriggles (and actually did before the gunblade nerf.) I must say, that, Tabi, and an Atmas is pretty much a full suite of armor, and one Mr item plus his ult means a full suite of MR, AND his damage means a full suite of health.
    Triforce sound fine on Jax. Lots of people still build Gunblades.

8. - Top - End - #488

Quote Originally Posted by toasty View Post
    Triforce sound fine on Jax. Lots of people still build Gunblades.
    Alright, good to hear. Basically, it seems like it thus becomes a trade between the outright damage and heal-to-hit of gunblade, for a better single spell burst, and more everything else, with a dash of utility. Yeah, I think I'll try it next time I play Jax. Good to know gunblade still works, though.
    Last edited by Daverin; 2011-11-12 at 10:02 PM.

Spoiler
    Show

9. - Top - End - #489
    Titan in the Playground

(Plus, I just can't stand not having high MS and a way to keep them down at this point. I swear half of my problem with being a melee ad is that I just can't stick to them, which is one of the reasons Yi is so dangerous when he isn't being countered.)
    One of the reasons I like Tryndamere, too (I don't like AD champs mostly, but if I have to play one he's nice.) Spinning Slash in, if you're behind them or they start trying to run away Mocking Shout, crit them a few times, and by the time Mocking Shout runs out Spinning Slash is up again.

10. - Top - End - #490
    Troll in the Playground

my standard tactic with jax (my main incase anyone forgot) is gunblade is key, then i know my lifesteal and spellvamp are sufficient in a single item i can rush into most 1v1 battles knowing the most likely outcome is that i come out of it with more health than i started with and 2v1 battles knowing i will still win so long as they dont have much stun and crowd control, hell ive essentially penta killed a team because of their own idiocy of deciding to fight me while i had all my attack speed already stacked off of minions, i just obliterated the first 2, battle a little with the third til he died while the fourth and fifth ran (my team was coming up behind me) and i chased them down and killed them for a tripple kill followed instantly by a double kill. yeah its not techniacally a penta kill, but i count it since i did kill them all in one go, there was just a bit of a gap as i chased down 4 and 5

so long story short, gunblade still good, although not as good as it used to be i still consider it a key item in my build, it gives me all the surviveablity i need. in a handy single item.

EDIT: sorry for my spelling, its 3:30 in the morning, i dont even know why im still on giant
    Last edited by littlebottom; 2011-11-12 at 10:30 PM.
    easy 1 step guide to impersonating Sean Connery;
    step 1: repeat after me "I moustache you a question, but I'm shaving it for later."

Quote Originally Posted by Kallisti View Post
    Phn'glui mglw'nafh Roland GITP not-wagn'nagl not-fhtagn!

11. - Top - End - #491

Thinking on what the two give, the only reason that gunblade really is more useful than trinity now is the lifesteal and spellvamp, at least since nerf.

And I tried it out in a coop (ever the place to gain expert insight into the game.) It certainly seemed to work, and that W HURT. And yes, the extra ms was appreciated.

I feel like, basically, I'd still run gunblade, but now I want trinity first (and then maybe rageblade inbetween. Still haven't decided where on the fence I sit on the issue of its value and Jax's ability to stack it. It is a fairly cheap item for what it can potentially give, though, and Jax is probably one of the better champs for it, what with his own scaling as, a gap closer, and an autoattack reseter. And potentially a stun.) Gunblade just seems more luxury with such reduced lifesteal, and damage stats that trinity can fairly decently cover (of course, less AP, but at least one of his moves more than makes up for it thanks to the sheen proc.)

And yes, spinning slash and slow does make Trynd decently bareable at his job. Except I am starting to feel like I'd focus more on AS early and get the damage after. Call me crazy, but I'm going to start trying with PD or double zeal, and then get the bfs and its upgrade. I just like AS and MS as an autoattacker too much.
    Last edited by Daverin; 2011-11-12 at 10:38 PM.

Spoiler
    Show

12. - Top - End - #492
    Ogre in the Playground

And yes, spinning slash and slow does make Trynd decently bareable at his job. Except I am starting to feel like I'd focus more on AS early and get the damage after. Call me crazy, but I'm going to start trying with PD or double zeal, and then get the bfs and its upgrade. I just like AS and MS as an autoattacker too much.
    Your crazy. The sooner Tryn has damage the sooner he can do his job. So unless your going "screw arpen runes" an ealy IE > Early PD. now maybe grabing a BFS then Zeal might work better for you; but AS without AD behind it is fail sauce.
    Rule of Cool former designer

Games I'm playing: League of Legends, Mechwarrior Online

13. - Top - End - #493
    Troll in the Playground

perhaps im building jax wrong? but ive never needed more than 1 gunblade anyway.

ill give you an approximate example, today, i played a dominion game, my final score was (approx, rounded down) 1700 the next highest score in the game was (approx, rounded down) 1100. during the closing moments of the game i was at just over 1500 and only 1 other player had gone over 1000 points.

my build is this; (excuse the lack of correct names)

ninja tabi
    gunblade (take the lifesteal side first)
    ginsoos rageblade
    atmas impailer (i think, the dagger thingie that gives % health as AD, or was it vice versa? ahh whatever, i cant think of the details right now)
    phantom dancer

the last item changes depending on the game usually, for example i take the sword of the devine if im facing a fellow dodger (IE another jax) if im unimagineative, ill take another phantom dancer, occasionally i even stretch to a blood thirster, although rarely.

often the last space gets used up on one form or another of bonus attack speed.

most games i play dont even reach completion of my 6th item, but if i have cash spare, i sometimes drop rageblade and depending on how the games going take another item, if we are falling behind i normally opt for another phantom dancer and go smack turrets down so quick they dont know what hit em to try and turn the game back, and if im winning, then i might take something like a black cleaver (i think) but yeah it is so infrequent i even get my 6th item that this usually becomes irrelavent

so long as i am not hideously behind in levels, then by the time i get to the impailer the game is nearing its close since turrets begin to fall quickly.

maybe im a freak, but i mainly use jax to feint attack to draw attention so that the rest of my team can take a turret. just as they are about to reach me and my team hit a different turret, i retreat so that they have wasted their journy only to lose the turret they were originally defending.

hell i usually do that tactic and 5 times out of 10 it works, 4 times out of 10 i actually take the turret before they get there, and 1 time out of 10 it goes horribly wrong and rarely i have done that only to take 2 or 3 turrets in a lane before anyone turned up to defend...

It just supprises me that people find these things a problem, and yet i personally have gotten really good results from a seemingly incorrect build.

anyway, weird kinda-rant over!

EDIT: also, incase your wondering, although proberbly not, i take Dodge runes and quintessences. the marks and glyphs are not dodge, but still i consider dodge a main part of my build for a reliable stun rate.

I guess what im looking for here is reassurance im not an idiot who is just extremely lucky
    Last edited by littlebottom; 2011-11-12 at 11:10 PM.
    easy 1 step guide to impersonating Sean Connery;
    step 1: repeat after me "I moustache you a question, but I'm shaving it for later."

Quote Originally Posted by Kallisti View Post
    Phn'glui mglw'nafh Roland GITP not-wagn'nagl not-fhtagn!

14. - Top - End - #494
    Ogre in the Playground

I don't always Queuedodge, but when I do, I dodge a team of three clarities.

15. - Top - End - #495

9mm: Trynd has one of the best consistent levels of AD without items in game, and it only gets better as he has less health. Honestly it is quite comparable to Yi, and yet for some reason people think you start AS (or, at least, Ghostblade) on Yi yet must rush damage on Trynd. When Trynd actually has extra synergy with AS because his abilities work off of crits, not crit damage; the more hits, the more chance to crit. Plus, and even with W and E, I find he loves more MS as much as the next person.

Perhaps my biggest reason, though, is I just find myself working better with Trynd when I have more AS early, and not damage.

Also, I will point out one of the extremely few Trynd players at 2k plus elo, z3rg3m3n, does not even consider IE core at all. He prefers BC if anything for his first BFS weapon.

littlebottom: So far, I am pretty sure I am the only person I've heard suggest what I have. You have a standard, tried and proven build for Jax. I just am highly suspicious that now, Trinity may be a better rush than Gunblade. And I intend to test it.
    Last edited by Daverin; 2011-11-12 at 11:17 PM.

Spoiler
    Show

16. - Top - End - #496
    Barbarian in the Playground

BardGuy

9mm: Trynd has one of the best consistent levels of AD without items in game, and it only gets better as he has less health. Honestly it is quite comparable to Yi, and yet for some reason people think you start AS (or, at least, Ghostblade) on Yi yet must rush damage on Trynd. When Trynd actually has extra synergy with AS because his abilities work off of crits, not crit damage; the more hits, the more chance to crit. Plus, and even with W and E, I find he loves more MS as much as the next person.
    Well, Yi works well with As because of his passive. More AS, more seventh strikes, more damage. Where as Tryn is made around crits. Crits more often are good, but are worthless without the muscle to back them up though.
    Last edited by Baxter190; 2011-11-12 at 11:50 PM.
    Founder of the Playgound Misfits, The Imperial Guard Reigment in the Playground
    Commisar Baxter, Local Morale Officer, of the Playground Misfits

17. - Top - End - #497

Alright, well, mathcraft definitely suggests that Infinity Edge rush is better dps than PD rush or even BFS and Zeal rush (didn't factor in crit, because I realize I don't quite know how to do it, but I suspect that 5% extra crit will easily be balanced by +50% crit damage.)

Still, an infinty edge rush never has felt better to me. Looks like I need to find out why that is.

That is, when I next play Trynd. He is not quite on the list of champs I really want to play atm.

EDIT: Found a way to calculate crit, I think, and yeah, it only further widens IE's lead.
    Last edited by Daverin; 2011-11-13 at 12:11 AM.

Spoiler
    Show

18. - Top - End - #498
    Troll in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Alright, well, mathcraft definitely suggests that Infinity Edge rush is better dps than PD rush or even BFS and Zeal rush (didn't factor in crit, because I realize I don't quite know how to do it, but I suspect that 5% extra crit will easily be balanced by +50% crit damage.)

Still, an infinty edge rush never has felt better to me. Looks like I need to find out why that is.

That is, when I next play Trynd. He is not quite on the list of champs I really want to play atm.

EDIT: Found a way to calculate crit, I think, and yeah, it only further widens IE's lead.
    Yeah, see, there are a few reasons. Attack Speed is good for getting consistent attacks, due to Trynd's rather long windup, and he really likes movespeed to chase. Additionally, IEdge takes a TON of farm to get, and in the meantime you don't have much to sustain with. Additionally, Trynd really wants AS and crit to build his Fury with, as that's one of his big steroids. Finally, IEdge damage isn't super consistent, even with a full fury bar.

These are all kinda secondary concerns though. If you can get an IEdge and not lose first, and people stand and fight you, you WILL win.

19. - Top - End - #499

Basically, yeah, I know what it is. They never do stand. Never. I have never once had someone stick around with a PD's worth of MS to get to them. It seems they all think "Oh god its Trynd!" And run after a single hit. And then half of the hits I would've done if I could catch them are lost. And I really don't have a good chance to engage another target, since I am number 1 priority. So, basically, I need to kill someone. Otherwise? So far, in teamfights, I seem to be tankamere, soaking up all of the threat and abilities, living, and dashing out while the team cleans up. Sure, it works, but that is NOT why I want to play Tryndamere.

Also, it is REALLY annoying to take that long to even just get a BFS... and Zeal is better for farming, at least for me (let alone PD compared to IE.)

I may just start going Swiftness instead of Zerk's, and work up some AS runes. Maybe that will be quick enough.
    Last edited by Daverin; 2011-11-13 at 12:41 AM.

Spoiler
    Show

20. - Top - End - #500
    Ogre in the Playground

Oh man, this has been a day of firsts for me. First my first quadra kill with karthus, then just now, for the first time, I stole a baron all by my lonesome.

THE WHO: Yeaaaah Tristana
    THE WHERE: Wait, you know where nashor is.
    THE WHY: Because baron, and also we would not have been able to hold them off if they had baron.
    THE WHEN: Near the end of the game, obviously.
    THE HOW: Okay, so I had, fortuitously, plonked a ward in the Baron's lair. I also had Infinity Edge, which is really the only other important thing here. Turns out Tristana, at level 18, can attack the baron from behind the wall of his lair. I discover this when I accidentally click the baron while trying to snipe nidalee and at least have a consolation prize for them getting baron, and Tristana moves to her sweet spot and starts shooting. I will never complain about pathing again. So, I turn on Q and pray. I try to time a jump to seal the deal, but as it would happen I score a crit and the baron is mine! Cue an exciting chase scene wherein I flash over a wall and am followed by Kog'Maw, who I barely escape.

21. - Top - End - #501

Quote Originally Posted by Baxter190 View Post
    Well, Yi works well with As because of his passive. More AS, more seventh strikes, more damage. Where as Tryn is made around crits. Crits more often are good, but are worthless without the muscle to back them up though.
    But the thing about his passive is that it scales equally well of AD, AS, and crit. Melee scales best off a mixture of different offensive stats because they enhance each other multiplicatively. His passive, however, is something of an untyped bonus damage source, so no matter what you build, it's uniqueness makes it scale equally well off all stats.
    Quote Originally Posted by JeminiZero View Post
    Gamer cancels life, interrupted by Dwarf Fortress.

22. - Top - End - #502
    Barbarian in the Playground

Generally, for the best damage you first buy the stats you don't already possess because of how they all scale off each other, then buy Infinity Edge because it's overpowered. Melee characters have more complex itemization because they get a lot more stuff for free and must also build survivability and chasing power.

Yi has an incredible amount of AD from his base and abilities, movement speed and attack speed from his ult. So he's missing critical strike and armor penetration as damaging stats. Given that he's also melee, Ghostblade seems like a natural fit, despite the fact that in general it's a poor item. He's also missing sustain and survivability that's often softened by a Wriggle's Lantern. Then, buy an Infinity Edge.

And for Tryndamere, he's actually on paper dependent on attack speed. The benefits he gains from crit (-2 seconds off Spinning Slash, +5 fury) are gained less expensively by getting attack speed, he has free AD from bloodlust, has free crit from his passive. So, Black Cleaver gives him the AS and armor penetration he needs. His chase is a burst teleport rather than a sustained run, and his ultimate lets him stay much longer in a fight than a typical melee DPS so an item like Phantom Dancer is strong because it's the only one that can give consistent chase. Then, buy an Infinity Edge. Or possible buy it beforehand; generally you don't want to delay it two major items. Maybe Zeal instead of the full PD and upgrade it later.

There's also the option of going on-hit Wit's End, Sword of the Divine for very strong mid game power but it drops off as on-hits can't crit and crit with Infinity Edge is one of the most important scalers in the game.

23. - Top - End - #503

I just turned 21 recently. So I went out and bought some rum to experiment with alcohol and see how I react.

Anyway, I get home and make some screwdriver slushies (crushed ice with fruit juice and alcohol), when my friend calls me up to play some LoL.

By this point I had about 2-3 drinks in me and I'm nice and buzzed so I agree.

BEST

GAMES

EVER!!!

I decided to play with singed since it seemed appropriate (how about a drink?) and played a drinking game where everytime I used insanity potion I took a chug.

First game barely went over the 20 minute mark. We had a stupid enemy tryn who constantly got flung into towers and fed me nice and big.

Second game I'm getting kinda incoherent and according to my friend my laugh was getting really high pitched. This game was a little harder but we won that one too mostly because we had a jungler and they did not (so every dragon was ours)

Third game I only kinda remember, I was pretty useless but since I'm singed all I gotta do is run around and soak damage. Eventually we won despite 1 disconnect on both teams.

So in the end the game were great not because we did awesome but because that's just how I was feeling at the time.
    Last edited by LordShotGun; 2011-11-13 at 09:29 AM.

24. - Top - End - #504

Quote Originally Posted by LordShotGun View Post
    I just turned 21 recently. So I went out and bought some rum to experiment with alcohol and see how I react.

Anyway, I get home and make some screwdriver slushies (crushed ice with fruit juice and alcohol), when my friend calls me up to play some LoL.

By this point I had about 2-3 drinks in me and I'm nice and buzzed so I agree.

BEST

GAMES

EVER!!!

I decided to play with singed since it seemed appropriate (how about a drink?) and played a drinking game where everytime I used insanity potion I took a chug.

First game barely went over the 20 minute mark. We had a stupid enemy tryn who constantly got flung into towers and fed me nice and big.

Second game I'm getting kinda incoherent and according to my friend my laugh was getting really high pitched. This game was a little harder but we won that one too mostly because we had a jungler and they did not (so every dragon was ours)

Third game I only kinda remember, I was pretty useless but since I'm singed all I gotta do is run around and soak damage. Eventually we won despite 1 disconnect on both teams.

So in the end the game were great not because we did awesome but because that's just how I was feeling at the time.
    LoL drinking games are awesome. I couldn't remember the end of the night last time we did it, and when checking my match history I found that I went 3/19/9 as annie my last match. With the rule being a shot a death, I realised what went wrong (I have to point out I was rather drunk before that game anyway).

I'm genuinely worried about the abilities of the 3 people I managed to kill while I was so drunk I don't even remember

25. - Top - End - #505
    Firbolg in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Mc. Lovin' View Post
    LoL drinking games are awesome.
    *Heartily agreed*

Darth Mario and I have some great stories.

Ingredients

2oz Djinn
    5oz Water
    1 Lime Wedge

Instructions

Pour Djinn and tonic water into a glass filled with ice cubes. Stir well. Garnish with lime wedge. Serve.

26. - Top - End - #506

So... I've got a little story followed by a little something for you lot.

Story:
    So, last night, I had a few games as Olaf (because he's my new favourite), and while I was doing so I was listening to a certain song (Blow Me Away by Breaking Benjamin), and I got thinking "Man, this song kind of fits Olaf". This led to a little knowing smile on my part, and an idea. So, I reworked the lyrics, and the end result is a youtube video recorded from my webcam, using my crappy voice.

So, without further ado, I present Ignite them Away (unofficial title). Enjoy my lack of any ability to scream or hold a note!

If anybody thinks they could do a better job (you likely can), PM me and I'll send you the lyrics.
    Last edited by Fredaintdead; 2011-11-13 at 10:57 AM.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Anuan
    Yes, but that's Fred. He radiates awesomeness.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bhu View Post
    I like Fred. I shall make him an honorary Pimpsquatch.
    Quote Originally Posted by A Rainy Knight View Post
    I love Fred because he returned from the dead in a form that doesn't hunger for the flesh of the living! Also, he's a nice guy.
    Quote Originally Posted by MageOfCakes View Post
    You're chibi and that's awesome. n_n

27. - Top - End - #507

Quote Originally Posted by Djinn_in_Tonic View Post
    *Heartily agreed*

Darth Mario and I have some great stories.
    I'm not exactly sure what we do is so much "LoL drinking game" as much as "games of LoL where we drink heavily."

28. - Top - End - #508
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Mario View Post
    I'm not exactly sure what we do is so much "LoL drinking game" as much as "games of LoL where we drink heavily."
    Hear, hear.
    Last time we had a marathon of 13 hours straight, LoL and bad wine with coke. That were fun times
    "Don't make me go all Darth Vader on your teddy." - BBEG of the month
    ---
    Awesome avy by Serpentine <3

29. - Top - End - #509

Off the top of my head the rules were:

Drink 1 for death (1 finger or shot)
    Drink 2 for an assist (because every assist is a failed kill, which is more shameful than a death )
    Give 1 for a kill to someone on your team
    Down your drink for an ace

Any ideas for additions?

30. - Top - End - #510

Quote Originally Posted by Mc. Lovin' View Post
    Off the top of my head the rules were:

Drink 1 for death (1 finger or shot)
    Drink 2 for an assist (because every assist is a failed kill, which is more shameful than a death )
    Give 1 for a kill to someone on your team
    Down your drink for an ace

Any ideas for additions?
    I play tanks and drink whiskey. This would not go well.