New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 21 of 50 FirstFirst ... 11121314151617181920212223242526272829303146 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #601
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: League of Legends XXV: Who is your Summoner, and what does he do?

Quote Originally Posted by Daverin View Post
    I haven't played Panth in a while, nor do I see him in SR very often; how is he doing, and what are the best ways to play him, more assassin or tanky anti-carry oriented (and if tanky, how much so? Standard tanky dps or Irelia levels of soak?) I do recall he can consume mana very quickly, perhaps a bit more punishing than the norm for not knowing how to conserve his hits.
    I'm about the only person I see play him. But all told I think he's in a good place, early mana problem still exists and sucks, but calculating out with the new masteries means if you drop 7 into Utility tree you should be fine, and can replace those mana/sec seals with armor. His main problem is I don't think he fits the meta particularly well. Can't jungle worth a damn, will probably get beaten by a ranged carry+ support in lane, and there are more consistently useful top laners out there. Well that and Talon does his job about as well as him with a consistent escape in his kit.

Basically you can go tanky dps or assassin. Assassin is much more fun so that's what I do. Though I'd think the standard tanky dps build works, it's more fun going boots, 2 dorans, brutalizer, phage. Then getting BFS, Frozen Mallet, Last Whisper (pick which seems more useful). Against heavy ad grab a Atmas, against heavy ap get BVeil.

Also Fizz looks fun, very fluid gameplay.

2. - Top - End - #602
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Moonshadow View Post
    Reina, please tell me there are more fabulous purple skins coming so that we can have a fabulous all purple team?

Like... Amethyst Trundle? His pillar can be a big chunk of crystal!

EDIT: Reina's post disappeared D:
    Sorry about that, I needed to clear some information up that I believe my post badly represented.

Also, there are skin team members who worship purple to a very... interesting extent. Hm.

So...
    Soon™?

(Skins are something that I generally can't discuss without getting cleared. I'm sorry.)

3. - Top - End - #603
    Troll in the Playground

Alas, poor Nimbleness! I knew him, Playground; a mastery of infinite utility, of most excellent scaling.
    Spoiler
    Show

4. - Top - End - #604
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by AThousandWords View Post
    ...I'd get that. I would buy Teemo just so I could get that skin.

Quote Originally Posted by Moonshadow View Post
    Amethyst Ashe? Could this be the start of an all new, fabulously purple team?

WE CAN HOPE.
    HOORAY FOR PURPLE AND FABULOSITY

Also hooray one of the champs I wanted to try is free!

STILL NO WRAITHFIRE EZREAL WHY RIOT WHY

It's going to be an event skin that I can't get hold of isn't it.
    Recent Homebrew: The Socialite | The Crystalline: Memory Altering Construct Race | Sanguine Hand, a ToB Discipline of blood and cruelty
    Homebrew Signature | NEW Homebrew Collection
    Thanks to all my avatar artists, especially to Paisley for my avatar of Vivian, cowardly cryophoenix.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thanqol View Post
    It's like the feng shui version of an orbital death laser.

5. - Top - End - #605
    Firbolg in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by ArcanistSupreme View Post
    I heard that in DotA you could do that too, once you were far enough ahead. I think that's silly.
    Ah, but BLC doesn't have snowballing of any kind and didn't have stat changes 'til Dawn of Relics at all, so every character of X type was the same (the snowballing came from losing team-mates and earning your ult, there was no respawning). It was also arena based and you had to be bloody good (or very lucky) to 1v3. 1v2ing was a little more common.
    Last edited by Dogmantra; 2011-11-15 at 05:54 AM.
    BANG → !
    OH LOOK AT HER/.../YOU KNOW WHAT I MEAN/YOU KNOW WHAT I MEAN/YOU KNOW WHAT I MEAN MEAN/RICHARDS

6. - Top - End - #606
    Ogre in the Playground

...okay, the splash art for Amethyst Ashe is just... bueno. I love it.

Not too sure about Fizz's skins though, I actually think his original one works better.

Well, off I go to figure out mastery pages for everyone now.
    Witness my glory and know that when my darkness fades, if you yet live, it is because an ally does not.

AN EMPTY SPOT WITHIN MY CRAW CRAVES YOUR FLESH, YOUR BONES BLED RAW!
    YOUR FEAR! YOUR FEAR! SO SWEET! SO STRONG! TO TEASE MY TONGUE, YOUR LIVES ARE GONE!
    YOUR ODDS UNFAVORED, MY WEB TOO STRONG! SPEED WON'T NEGATE A LINE STEPPED WRONG!
    YOU DARE? DARE SMITE THIS AWESOME BEAST? YOUR FATES ARE SEALED AS MY NEXT FEAST!
    HEED THIS BECK AND HEAR THIS CALL! FIGHT ME STILL, YOUR WILLS SHALL FALL!

7. - Top - End - #607
    Bugbear in the Playground

Cait Speed + Utility Speed nerf = Sad Tycho.

On the other hand... Executioner + Cait Ult = Happy Tycho.
    -\==/-
    I always ask a big question on the League thread right before bedtime so I have something to read while trying to wake up.
    Responses of any sort are wonderful.

Spoiler
    Show
    I like coming up with concepts for characters, and will do so often. But writing up crunch, especially for anything that isn't level 1, takes me a while, and after wasting lots of time writing unused characters on Mythweavers, I generally don't make a sheet unless a DM really likes the concept. Sorry.

8. - Top - End - #608
    Troll in the Playground

Nerf Gunblade to nerf Akali.

Still have to nerf Akali later.

Graves nerf is actually kinda big, malphite buff is interesting, Nocturne got hit, Ori got buffed back up a bit, Sona nerf *grumble*, Teemo has a recharge indicator on his traps now (nice!), WRIGGLE'S GOT NERFED NUUUUU.

Surge looks way OP.
    Truth resists simplicity.

9. - Top - End - #609
    Titan in the Playground

Do I like whiners?

No, I do not, but if they start saying they were tanking and carrying the whole team (which was only because you supported them and even then someone else actually carried better, also because you supported them), those moments I love.

It gives a warm, fuzzy feeling.
    Homebrewer's Signature | Avatar by Strawberries

10. - Top - End - #610

Normally I'm super wary of change, especially in a game like League of Legends where the smallest tweaks can cause huge balance problems. But on the other hand, NEW MASTERIES ARE SO COOL. Now I can spend my mastery points and not feel like I wasted half of them! And now more than maybe 5 different paths are viable? Heck yes!

EDIT:
    Quote Originally Posted by Even Human View Post
    Nerf Gunblade to nerf Akali.

Still have to nerf Akali later.

Riot actually stated that they had Akali nerfs planned before the gunblade nerf, but they wanted to release them separately rather than risk an over-nerf by releasing both simultaneously. Not ideal, but at least they did it intentionally.

Quote Originally Posted by Even Human View Post
    WRIGGLE'S GOT NERFED NUUUUU.
    Not if you grab the lifesteal from the offense tree. Not sure how many junglers will be able to do that with so many juicy options in every tree, but still...
    Last edited by ArcanistSupreme; 2011-11-15 at 09:25 AM.
    Awesome avatar by starwoof

11. - Top - End - #611
    Titan in the Playground

So what will some basic Mastery Paths be for the new set? And are Surge and Promote good for anything?

Personally, I think they should have kept Fortify around, in a reduced state if they really hated it. Armor boosts instead of invulnerability, and such. Now they've removed the only way to stop towers from being pushed down other than hard CC on an entire minion wave + champions (or a taunt), and simultaneously added masteries that make pushing easier.

Will the Tower Armor Reduction be a necessity on, for example, Heimer? Due to his great skill at pushing towers?
    Quote Originally Posted by jamieth View Post
    ...though Talla does her best to sound objective and impartial, it doesn't cover stuff like "ask a 9-year-old to tank for the party."
    My Homebrew

12. - Top - End - #612
    Troll in the Playground

Riot actually stated that they had Akali nerfs planned before the gunblade nerf, but they wanted to release them separately rather than risk an over-nerf by releasing both simultaneously. Not ideal, but at least they did it intentionally.
    I suppose. I'm still very bitter about the Gunblade business.
    Truth resists simplicity.

13. - Top - End - #613

Quote Originally Posted by Qwertystop View Post
    So what will some basic Mastery Paths be for the new set? And are Surge and Promote good for anything?
    The Offensive and Defensive capstones have been brought in line with the frankly absurdly OP Utility capstone. x/x/9 is a rather big thing now, with it being possible to get maximum jungle buff duration from just 9 points rather than 10. Other than that, we'll have to see how it pans out but I think it will turn much more into a personal choice than "you run 15/0/15 on Ezreal, 9/0/21 on casters" etc.

I already did six mastery pages today and I spent way too long thinking about them.
    BANG → !
    OH LOOK AT HER/.../YOU KNOW WHAT I MEAN/YOU KNOW WHAT I MEAN/YOU KNOW WHAT I MEAN MEAN/RICHARDS

14. - Top - End - #614

Quote Originally Posted by Dogmantra View Post
    The Offensive and Defensive capstones have been brought in line with the frankly absurdly OP Utility capstone. x/x/9 is a rather big thing now, with it being possible to get maximum jungle buff duration from just 9 points rather than 10. Other than that, we'll have to see how it pans out but I think it will turn much more into a personal choice than "you run 15/0/15 on Ezreal, 9/0/21 on casters" etc.

I already did six mastery pages today and I spent way too long thinking about them.
    I'm excited that 30/0/0 has become possible and actually decent in every tree.

Ingredients

2oz Djinn
    5oz Water
    1 Lime Wedge

Instructions

Pour Djinn and tonic water into a glass filled with ice cubes. Stir well. Garnish with lime wedge. Serve.

15. - Top - End - #615

Amumu's jungle is absurdly fast now. With my non-optimal setup, shaved TEN SECONDS off of my normal jungle time with a decent leash. I also ended at twice the normal health with a potion left, which set me up for a level 4 gank on top with most of my health. The clear/gank/back all happened by the 4 minute mark.

16. - Top - End - #616

BlueKnightGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Mario View Post
    Amumu's jungle is absurdly fast now. With my non-optimal setup, shaved TEN SECONDS off of my normal jungle time with a decent leash. I also ended at twice the normal health with a potion left, which set me up for a level 4 gank on top with most of my health. The clear/gank/back all happened by the 4 minute mark.
    Indeed. Taking bladed armor makes Wolves and Wraiths drop in almost no time. In fact, I wonder if starting at Wraiths would be better. (Maybe start Tantrum?) He was already so quick and safe, and it's even better. Let's test it out!

Edit: No, he really needs to start at blue. I was able to do Wraiths start, and a full clear with Wraiths again before Red in 4:30 (skill order is E-W-W-E-Q--Tantrum's better than Despair on wraiths), but you end up with very little health. The "normal" route I made in 3:48 (no leash and about 350 health with 1 pot left over), so it's still really quick.
    Last edited by Ivellius; 2011-11-15 at 11:11 AM.

17. - Top - End - #617
    Ogre in the Playground

Warmog's Armor and Priscilla's Blessing are no longer purchasable in the Dominion game mode
    Um... correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't Priscilla's Blessing exclusive to Dominion?

18. - Top - End - #618

Quote Originally Posted by Neftren View Post
    Um... correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't Priscilla's Blessing exclusive to Dominion?
    You're right. It has just gone the way of Innervating Locket.
    Awesome avatar by starwoof

19. - Top - End - #619
    Ogre in the Playground

You're right. It has just gone the way of Innervating Locket.
    I'll pretend to know exactly what Innervating Locket is. I'm going to assume that it is now no longer in the game and will probably not return.

20. - Top - End - #620

I'll pretend to know exactly what Innervating Locket is. I'm going to assume that it is now no longer in the game and will probably not return.
    The story of the Innervating Locket.
    English is a second language etc etc.

21. - Top - End - #621

http://leagueoflegends.wikia.com/wik...rvating_Locket

Basically, a super-Health/Mana regen item that worked best on spammy characters like Udyr. It was removed to prevent Sona from being absolutely absurd. Riot's also been hinting around about reintroducing it to the game.

22. - Top - End - #622
    Titan in the Playground

Yes.

Additionally, I really love the new summoner spell icons.
    Not Person_Man, don't thank me for things he did.

Old-to-New table converter. Also not made by me.

23. - Top - End - #623

Quote Originally Posted by Ivellius View Post
    Edit: No, he really needs to start at blue. I was able to do Wraiths start, and a full clear with Wraiths again before Red in 4:30, but you end up with very little health. The "normal" route I made in 3:48 (no leash and about 350 health with 1 pot left over), so it's still really quick.
    Considering 3:45 was a good time with a strong leash? Yeah. That's fast.

Ingredients

2oz Djinn
    5oz Water
    1 Lime Wedge

Instructions

Pour Djinn and tonic water into a glass filled with ice cubes. Stir well. Garnish with lime wedge. Serve.

24. - Top - End - #624
    Ogre in the Playground

Indeed. Taking bladed armor makes Wolves and Wraiths drop in almost no time. In fact, I wonder if starting at Wraiths would be better. (Maybe start Tantrum?) He was already so quick and safe, and it's even better. Let's test it out!

Edit: No, he really needs to start at blue. I was able to do Wraiths start, and a full clear with Wraiths again before Red in 4:30, but you end up with very little health. The "normal" route I made in 3:48 (no leash and about 350 health with 1 pot left over), so it's still really quick.
    Wraith starts are bad anyway because it makes you have to back track inside your jungle to reach full clear. The only jungler that can efficently wraith start is Moakai, and he only does it when he wants to a level 2 jungle invade/gank top or mid.
    Last edited by 9mm; 2011-11-15 at 11:08 AM.
    Rule of Cool former designer

Games I'm playing: League of Legends, Mechwarrior Online

25. - Top - End - #625

BlueKnightGuy

I just tried Amumu again with my AD jungler page and picked up the lizard at 3:37, about 400 hp and 1 pot left. (The first was with full MPen marks.) He actually clears faster if you get some attack damage and ArPen. None of these are with leashes; I'm just running custom games by myself to test.

So...yeah. He is fast and very safe. New perma-ban?

I'm going to take Dog's approach: NOTHING TO SEE HERE JUNGLE MUMMY FINE NO SUSTAIN BUFF PLZ

Edit: And one more try at an AD Wraiths start and went Wraiths - Double Golems - Blue - Wolves - Wraiths - Red - Double Golems. Finished at 4:52 with basically no health. Not very useful, considering it doesn't get you to level 5 and you definitely have to back, but you still have some time left on your buffs, I guess. Just playing around.
    Last edited by Ivellius; 2011-11-15 at 11:34 AM.

26. - Top - End - #626

I just tried Amumu again with my AD jungler page and picked up the lizard at 3:37, about 400 hp and 1 pot left. (The first was with full MPen marks.) He actually clears faster if you get some attack damage and ArPen. None of these are with leashes; I'm just running custom games by myself to test.

I'm going to take Dog's approach: NOTHING TO SEE HERE JUNGLE MUMMY UP NO SUSTAIN BUFF PLZ
    Yeah. I don't run my runes/masteries for jungle speed, because he doesn't NEED any more. An AD jungle page will get a faster clear, of course, because Mpen doesn't help at all against jungle monsters save for Dragon and Baron. I like it because it transitions so well into the ganking stage, as well as into late game.

Since he can still get those speeds (which are absurd) and that safety with an Mpen/Armor/CDR/Health-movefast rune page, which is what I run, with a leash, I'm going to stick to my previous build. But just consider how fast your ganks are coming out with a leash on that.

27. - Top - End - #627
    Ettin in the Playground

I love Fizz <3

14/1/1, even if it was a bot game.

28. - Top - End - #628
    Banned

I'm going to take Dog's approach: NOTHING TO SEE HERE JUNGLE MUMMY FINE NO SUSTAIN BUFF PLZ

Edit: And one more try at an AD Wraiths start and went Wraiths - Double Golems - Blue - Wolves - Wraiths - Red - Double Golems. Finished at 4:52 with basically no health. Not very useful, considering it doesn't get you to level 5 and you definitely have to back, but you still have some time left on your buffs, I guess. Just playing around.
    No, I think Dog's approach is to so loudly and passionately declaim OPness that people go "Oh you so silly Dog" and leave it at that. (See: Blitz.)

29. - Top - End - #629

BlueKnightGuy

Yeah, I'm just messing around to see what I can come up with. MPen is a much better pick for scaling into late game unless you're doing on-hit mummy, I guess? I gotta try that sometime.

You'll probably need a really strong leash to make much difference on time, though, because Despair is just so good at dissolving monsters' health. Anyway, I know who I'm playing in the jungle for now. And just when I was pondering going back to Nunu...

Edit: ...who is also appropriately beastly. Went with MPen page and did a full clear by 4:01, which also includes eating the big Wraith out of the other jungle. Boots + 3 pots start, and you end with essentially full health.
    Last edited by Ivellius; 2011-11-15 at 11:48 AM.

30. - Top - End - #630

Quote Originally Posted by Math_Mage View Post
    No, I think Dog's approach is to so loudly and passionately declaim OPness that people go "Oh you so silly Dog" and leave it at that. (See: Blitz.)
    Yeah, yelling that Amumu is UP bad is my approach.

Also, regarding Amumu permabans...

Meet the new boss, same as the old boss.
    Last edited by Darth Mario; 2011-11-15 at 11:44 AM.