New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 27 of 50 FirstFirst ... 2171819202122232425262728293031323334353637 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #781
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: League of Legends XXV: Who is your Summoner, and what does he do?

Meh, I highly question E shooting any MR down to 0, especially since it is well behind in skill ranking, and at level 1, it should not be overtaking at least 30 MR with just red MPen alone. After only a few levels, just about anyone would have scaled their MR past it even ranked up. And Mana blues alone is not actually that large an increase in damage, certainly not as much as getting MR as close to 0 as possible. If I got mana blues, it is for that much more ease in lane to keep up the spells while still scaling damage, not because it is the best source of damage from that runeslot.

EDIT: In SotL, Stonewall may have dropped a hint about something more coming up, either in addition to or as a part of the jungle remake I think he is hinting at: specifically, we may expect more energy per 5 regen from... some source. Time for rune changes?
    Last edited by Daverin; 2011-11-17 at 12:30 AM.
    Awesome avatar by Abscondcrow

Spoiler
    Show
    Former awesome avatar by Zefir.

2. - Top - End - #782

Quote Originally Posted by Daverin View Post
    Meh, I highly question E shooting any MR down to 0, especially since it is well behind in skill ranking, and at level 1, it should not be overtaking at least 30 MR with just red MPen alone. After only a few levels, just about anyone would have scaled their MR past it even ranked up.
    People have to deliberately go out of their way to build magic resist, so assuming people will have "scaled their MR" is not always a good assumption, especially since triple AD is a popular comp nowadays.

And Mana blues alone is not actually that large an increase in damage, certainly not as much as getting MR as close to 0 as possible. If I got mana blues, it is for that much more ease in lane to keep up the spells while still scaling damage, not because it is the best source of damage from that runeslot.
    9 extra damage per Q. That's pretty big at level 1-3. That right there can set the whole mood of the game. Also, Marks + lvl 1 E are often enough to reduce the enemy to 0-2 MR depending on situation and bounces (never underestimate the value of where you W and E the enemy), so Mpen glyphs on Ryze are pretty wasteful.

Also, my previous Ryze guide is mediocre at best.

Scaling Mana seals FTW.
    Also known as Jarbis

3. - Top - End - #783

Oh, wait, nevermind. I didn't realize it was MR reduction per bounce. That completely changes it, ignore me.
    Last edited by Daverin; 2011-11-17 at 12:59 AM.

Spoiler
    Show

4. - Top - End - #784
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by toasty View Post
    Rune page cap raised to 20.

BRB spending all my money on Riot.
    I now demand 10 new mastery pages!
    My own webcomic. Idiosyncrasy.
    Paladin Academy: Chapter 2 Part 28

5. - Top - End - #785
    Troll in the Playground

Zombie

Quote Originally Posted by Silverraptor View Post
    I now demand 10 new mastery pages!
    I have like 3 mastery pages I don't change (or I did before the mastery change), and then I just changed my page every time. It takes like 10 seconds to change masteries.

6. - Top - End - #786
    Pixie in the Playground

Just reached level 20.

I'm trying Alistar and I've done 0/20/0 with Mercenary. Heavy support. Heal and Flash. It's so good, I feel so sexy, so tanky and so supportive.

{{scrubbed}}

EDIT: Now with some crappy pictures with my crappy scores

Spoiler
    Show
    Last edited by LibraryOgre; 2011-11-20 at 11:21 AM.

7. - Top - End - #787
    Banned

Gaaaaaaaaah. Mastery pages are killing me bro. I just made a 22/8/0 for AD carries and a 0/0/30 for supports and I'm considering a 0/29/1 for jungle Rammus because IT'S TOO MUCH I CAN'T TAKE IT ANYMORE Y U MAKE ME THINK RIOT

help?

8. - Top - End - #788
    Barbarian in the Playground

*hums a tune, something about boys being back in town*
    Hi guys, I'm playing league again thanks to the awesomeness of certain individuals who play league. Hopefully we can play a game sometime soon
    *goes back to humming joyfully*
    -Wrath
    "If you can, then do. If you cannot, then find a way so you can."
    Spoiler
    Show

LGBTiTP Supporter
    Swain Avatar by Zefir

9. - Top - End - #789
    Firbolg in the Playground

for rammus, go 9-21-0 or 0-21-9. 9-21-0 is my favorite, because it applies equally well to every tanky jungler ever that doesn't go 21-9-0.

10. - Top - End - #790
    Ogre in the Playground

SolithKnightGuy

So I've been playing with Anivia on Dominion, usually grabbing either ghost or flash and a clarity for sustaining that mana (since she's a mana gluttona nd increased mana regen is disabled on Domi). She dominates if she goes bottom. Her ult takes up an entire lane and most jungle paths, and she cn easilly wall off paths with just a point or two in her wall. I give her Q preference over her E on Domi because the area damage is better for clearing minions and the lower CD means I can harass more often with it.

11. - Top - End - #791
    Troll in the Playground

I've tried jungling Wukong in a few proper games now. Aside from TERRIBLE luck with my connection (I DC'd in both games) he does fairly well. He's not great but I was able to mostly keep up in xp/farm with a Rammus and an Udyr. Probably not viable at higher Elo levels since you get very low at twin golems. Also I don't think you get much flexibility in routes. You kinda need blue buff until you get Wriggle's and can stop caring about your health levels.

Pre-6 ganking is good: Decoy in, Q in the face, Nimbus to close after flash/cc/whatever goes out. Wukong has some very respectable burst at those levels and it shows.

After 6 ganking is GREAT. you do the pre-6 combo, R, then combo them in the face again. Very nasty.

-----

Funny story: After a couple of Wukong games I get a very squishy team. Talon, Kog, Anivia and Fizz. The timer is down to 30 seconds so I grab Malphite thinking that with decent initiation we'll be able to burst 'em down pretty fast. I'm fiddling around with Masteries for a decent lane setup when the timer runs out. Oh well. I'd put 21 in Defense, a few unspent points can't be that much a big deal. I'm about to buy a Doran's Ring when someone asks who's going top.

That's when I notice I still have Smite. Woops. Guess I'm jungling after all.

I head to blue and alt-tab out. Does Malph start with W or E? Stonewall says E. Good enough for me. Anivia pulls blue and I start clearing. 10 minutes and 3 ganks later I'm 2/0/0. They surrender at 20 and Anivia and Talon say "GG, great jungler".

TL;DR: Malphite jungles like a boss, even when you put a third of his masteries in the wrong places and don't spend another third.
    Last edited by SlyGuyMcFly; 2011-11-17 at 08:08 AM.
    Truth resists simplicity.

12. - Top - End - #792

WolfInSheepsClothing

I tested jungle Malphite, too; his pre-6 ganks are good, his post-6 are amazing. His AoE damage lets him clear camps quickly, and his shield helps greatly with sustain. I'm just not sure how to build him. I'm guessing wriggles, defensive boots, HoG. After that, though...

13. - Top - End - #793
    Titan in the Playground

Seems there's a lot of champions who are really good junglers that nobody knew about. This a result of the mastery changes?
    Quote Originally Posted by jamieth View Post
    ...though Talla does her best to sound objective and impartial, it doesn't cover stuff like "ask a 9-year-old to tank for the party."
    My Homebrew

14. - Top - End - #794
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Mutant Bunny View Post
    I tested jungle Malphite, too; his pre-6 ganks are good, his post-6 are amazing. His AoE damage lets him clear camps quickly, and his shield helps greatly with sustain. I'm just not sure how to build him. I'm guessing wriggles, defensive boots, HoG. After that, though...
    After that you build against enemy damage. If you get the chance to build cost-efficient damage--Wit's End, or Atmog's--or you can build Trinity Force, that makes you more dangerous, but you can build fulltank and still contribute plenty.

Quote Originally Posted by Qwertystop View Post
    Seems there's a lot of champions who are really good junglers that nobody knew about. This a result of the mastery changes?
    You're half-right: the mastery changes are a major boost to everyone's jungling. But it's not like nobody knew about these junglers before. Heck, Jungle Malphite was a thing before I started playing. He just wasn't competitive as a jungler...last week, anyway.

15. - Top - End - #795
    Troll in the Playground

I did cloth start then Philo, boots, HoG. Glacial Shroud is also AMAZING on this guy*. Other than that, I think regular tankydeeps builds should work for him Atmogs and whatnot. He's got an AD steroid that scales with AD. It'd be silly not to abuse the hell out of it!

*It's AMAZING period. All mana-using tanky deeps get great benefit out of it: It increases survivability, mostly eliminates mana issues and gives an offensive boost in the form on better cooldowns. Wukong, Warwick, Jarvan, Nasus... All love it.
    Last edited by SlyGuyMcFly; 2011-11-17 at 08:52 AM.

16. - Top - End - #796
    Ogre in the Playground

Basically Malphite can be built a couple ways. Hyper disruptive with Omen, Crystal Scepter, Atmogs Impaler, and an Abyssal. Others prefer a more tanky dps with Wits end and trimogs impaler; while strait traditional tank works well too.
    Rule of Cool former designer

Games I'm playing: League of Legends, Mechwarrior Online

17. - Top - End - #797

WolfInSheepsClothing

I'd actually been thinking of trying jungle Malphite pre-mastery change, but I didn't own him.

I was thinking that catalyst into Bveil or a sunfire cape as my next major item, which together should give enough HP to justify Atma's without having Warmog or mallet. I ended up rushing glacial shroud in that game, though.

On a side note, I used smite/cleanse. Should we still be packing flash, or did the changes make it so that there's actually real choice in summoner spells?

18. - Top - End - #798
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Even Human View Post
    TL;DR: Malphite jungles like a boss, even when you put a third of his masteries in the wrong places and don't spend another third.
    So with 29 mastery points, could he get by with my "standard" set of AD runes?

My two rune sets are:
    AD: Arpen/Flat Armor/Scaling MR/GP/10
    AP: Same, but with Mpen instead of Arpen.
    third page is empty.

With 29 appropriate mastery points, could JungleMalph get by? I've been trying to learn a jungler, and I've been interested in Malph for a while.
    ...though Talla does her best to sound objective and impartial, it doesn't cover stuff like "ask a 9-year-old to tank for the party."
    My Homebrew

19. - Top - End - #799
    Firbolg in the Playground

Not really, pretty much every champion could jungle well. Now they just made it easier for everyone to jungle.

Would you say 0/21/9 is better than 9/21/0 on Ryze? Admittedly, the AP is no good,
    AP is way good on Ryze, he has perfectly good ratios. It's just mana is usually coupled with defensive stats, so people build him Tanky DPS.

Quote Originally Posted by Math_Mage View Post
    You're half-right: the mastery changes are a major boost to everyone's jungling.
    Good lord yes. I've been playing a lot of Tryndamere jungle recently (when I don't want to play Lee Sin but I still need to jungle). Played him last night for the first time since the jungle changes. Normally after Wolves, Wraiths, Minis I port and then do it again. This time I just took red. Without Smite.

On a side note, I used smite/cleanse. Should we still be packing flash, or did the changes make it so that there's actually real choice in summoner spells?
    You should probably still take Flash. They didn't cripple it to the point of uselessness, therefore it's still the best summoner spell no questions asked. That said, Cleanse was absurd before the buff, and I've run Heal a little: also crazy.
    Last edited by Dogmantra; 2011-11-17 at 09:27 AM.
    BANG → !
    OH LOOK AT HER/.../YOU KNOW WHAT I MEAN/YOU KNOW WHAT I MEAN/YOU KNOW WHAT I MEAN MEAN/RICHARDS

20. - Top - End - #800

Speaking of jungle changes, due to the free lifesteal in the offense tree, I have been seeing tons of vamp scepter first starts. Particularly on nocturn and scarnor, with amazing results. They are able to do full clears and then gank at full health without potions.
    Last edited by LordShotGun; 2011-11-17 at 09:48 AM.

21. - Top - End - #801

So... yeah. Really, Riot? Blood lord Vlad is going to be a legendary?

I kind of feel trolled. They aren't going to be touching him for a while as far as balance goes, so... why would I do this?

Spoiler
    Show

22. - Top - End - #802
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Dogmantra View Post
    Good lord yes. I've been playing a lot of Tryndamere jungle recently (when I don't want to play Lee Sin but I still need to jungle). Played him last night for the first time since the jungle changes. Normally after Wolves, Wraiths, Minis I port and then do it again. This time I just took red. Without Smite.
    ooh I no longer need to kill the two mini red lizards on a vamp septer start? HAPPY DAY!

Been having so much fun with Rammus I haven't finished testing out all my old staples.
    Rule of Cool former designer

Games I'm playing: League of Legends, Mechwarrior Online

23. - Top - End - #803
    Titan in the Playground

So... yeah. Really, Riot? Blood lord Vlad is going to be a legendary?

I kind of feel trolled. They aren't going to be touching him for a while as far as balance goes, so... why would I do this?
    I hate all the redundant skins lately.

Blood Lord Vlad, Mad Scientist Singed, Time Machine Zilean...

Mundo Mundo.
    My Homebrew

24. - Top - End - #804
    Troll in the Playground

So with 29 mastery points, could he get by with my "standard" set of AD runes?
    You've got ArP reds and flat armor yellows so you can almost certainly do it. I'd suggest firing up a custom game and trying. Something like cloth+pots start at blue-wolves-wraiths-golems-go back-wait for Smite-red
    Get Bladed Armor and Veteran Scars in Defense and... whatever else looks good. Deeper into Defense, probably.

25. - Top - End - #805
    Ettin in the Playground

Mundo Mundo.
    At least Mundo Mundo is funny... <_<" And his cleavers make squeaky noises.And I agree with you on all skins other than Blood Lord Vladimir, I'm actually rather excited for it.
    I've started streaming again.

78% of DM's started their first campaign in a tavern. If you're one of the 22% that didn't, copy and paste this into your signature.

I started my first campaign outside of an abandoned mine, just as soon as a meteor storm from the moon hits.

26. - Top - End - #806
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by TechnOkami View Post
    At least Mundo Mundo is funny... <_<" And his cleavers make squeaky noises.And I agree with you on all skins other than Blood Lord Vladimir, I'm actually rather excited for it.
    Well, I was mostly referring to the names. Mad Scientist Singed looks fairly different from Classic Singed, for example.
    My Homebrew

27. - Top - End - #807
    Troll in the Playground

Well, the playerbase is certainly undecided on Fizz.

My last game, everyone on both teams said Fizz (our team) is incredibly UP. Our Fizz did pretty badly.

Two games prior, there was another Fizz. He had more kills than the rest of the team put together. Only slightly less than the total kills of both teams. Everyone was screaming OP by the time he got his first kill.
    On Dominion, where everyone gets farmed, Fizz is pretty scary. He seems like a burstier, squishier, more evasive version of Wukong.

So, he does a lot of damage, is hard to pin down without CC, which a lot of people don't run a lot of on Dominion. Fizz requires some skill though, so bad players are going to get murdered when playing him.

For instance, as Fizz, do not ever, ever dive into an Alistar surrounded by his team.

28. - Top - End - #808
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Joran View Post
    For instance, as Fizz, do not ever, ever dive into an Alistar surrounded by his team.
    Isn't that kinda true of anyone other than Galio and Amumu? And maybe a really fed Fiddlesticks?

(or anyone else with a wide-range incapacitating ability)
    My Homebrew

29. - Top - End - #809
    Titan in the Playground

Mundo Mundo.
    Hey, Mad-

Well, I was mostly referring to the names. Mad Scientist Singed looks fairly different from Classic Singed, for example.
    Touche.
    Recent Homebrew: The Socialite | The Crystalline: Memory Altering Construct Race | Sanguine Hand, a ToB Discipline of blood and cruelty
    Homebrew Signature | NEW Homebrew Collection
    Thanks to all my avatar artists, especially to Paisley for my avatar of Vivian, cowardly cryophoenix.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thanqol View Post
    It's like the feng shui version of an orbital death laser.

30. - Top - End - #810
    Colossus in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Croverus View Post
    So I've been playing with Anivia on Dominion, usually grabbing either ghost or flash and a clarity for sustaining that mana (since she's a mana gluttona nd increased mana regen is disabled on Domi). She dominates if she goes bottom. Her ult takes up an entire lane and most jungle paths, and she cn easilly wall off paths with just a point or two in her wall. I give her Q preference over her E on Domi because the area damage is better for clearing minions and the lower CD means I can harass more often with it.
    Increased Mana Regen disabled, what? She uses so much mana you might not even notice it. Just build RoA and get Tear or Frozen Heart/Odyn's if you still have mana trouble. She can actually do alright with the Tear + Catalyst > RoA build. She can also rock on top; lots of area control abilities and strong CC + damage.
    Campaign Journal: Uncovering the Lost World - A Player's Diary in Low-Magic D&D (Latest Update: 8.3.2014)
    Being Bane: A Guide to Barbarians Cracking Small Men - Ever Been Angry?! Then this is for you!
    SRD Averages - An aggregation of all the key stats of all the monster entries on SRD arranged by CR.