New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 38 of 50 FirstFirst ... 13282930313233343536373839404142434445464748 ... LastLast
Results 1,111 to 1,140 of 1493
  1. - Top - End - #1111
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: League of Legends XXV: Who is your Summoner, and what does he do?

I was referring to your "not entirely sure what you mean by Ranged AP" comment.

Anyways, it should be simple math. Q->proc sets off the two second CD on LB. Immediately casting E will take no more than ~.6 seconds from buttonpress to effect. .6 seconds != 2 seconds, correct?

2. - Top - End - #1112
    Bugbear in the Playground

Ah, well, I was confused by her usage of it as well, so...

You are correct! And that was without the bluepot, so not even at quite 40% CDR. Curse the little things... >.>

At any rate, that basically is 3k for some MRes, some MS, wasted mana, and a 1:1 ratio ability per "round." In addition, Lich Bane is considered physical damage, isn't it? Or does that switch in the upgrade?

Basically, I still think you can make an argument for it as a good damage item on Vlad, since he still at least will be proccing it every "round" of his sustained casting. Nonetheless, being only 1 attack makes a big difference. Compared to other damage items, I'd still choose it as best after Deathcap (and Voidstaff when warranted,) but it loses quite a bit of overall item value to other items with utility. Like Zhonyas. Plus, SV itself is still very good on Vlad. Oh well, back to the drawing board.

I guess I'll just continue to wait until they realize what you said about E stacks makes sense.
    Last edited by Daverin; 2011-11-21 at 03:41 PM.
    Awesome avatar by Abscondcrow

Spoiler
    Show
    Former awesome avatar by Zefir.

3. - Top - End - #1113
    Firbolg in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Daverin View Post
    In addition, Lich Bane is considered physical damage, isn't it? Or does that switch in the upgrade?
    It's still physical damage. I believe partly to allow for magic-heavy teams to diversify their damage (physical heavy teams have the various on-hit items to diversify theirs)
    BANG → !
    OH LOOK AT HER/.../YOU KNOW WHAT I MEAN/YOU KNOW WHAT I MEAN/YOU KNOW WHAT I MEAN MEAN/RICHARDS

4. - Top - End - #1114

Good news. Riot thinks they have a fix for the minion hitbox problems, and is now in the process of making the release plan.
    Awesome avatar by Abscondcrow

Spoiler
    Show
    Former awesome avatar by Zefir.

5. - Top - End - #1115
    Troll in the Playground

Good news. Riot thinks they have a fix for the minion hitbox problems, and is now in the process of making the release plan.
    Oh thank sweet Celestia. It's been driving me nuts.
    Truth resists simplicity.

6. - Top - End - #1116

<---he

yes, I mean mages, in particular I mean Malph and Xerath, and yes, i know it's burst enemies down to kill, I can do that. I am asking more about that "if" enemies survive, is there any means to chase aside from flashing in. fact is both malph and xerath move slower than molasses.

I suppose I am just going to have to build Rylai's much earlier then. still, rushing RoA and Hat then rylais feels a bit cumbersome.
    (edit: I mean usually I like to build armor or mg res at this point so I don't feel squishy)

double edit: this is almost always 1v1, during team fights I am fine.(unless team crumbles) just would like to get that kill for the farm.
    Last edited by Kairaven; 2011-11-21 at 04:08 PM.
    "Winning with friendship means winning at life!"
    -Mako Mankanshoku

7. - Top - End - #1117
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Kairaven View Post
    I been having problem with my chasing game when on Ranged AP. the problem it seems is that usually if I burst someone down with a combo, and they survive, they are usually at range, and melee and AD range all have movement/dash skill/item that makes me unable to chase them down (unless flash of course, but really, that's only available once per 3 min or so) the only AP movment speed item that can be considered are Lichbane and FoN, and both of those are far fringe item for a range AP.

any help on how I chase down for the kill?
    As Even Human said, Rylai's is your solution. Gives a very good slow as well as good bulk and respectable AP gain. Otherwise, you can't really do much. Positioning during teamfights is paramount though, which may be your problem. For example, (assuming you have gone in after the tank and survive the first few seconds), after unloading your upfront burst, instead of backing off to avoid incoming damage, move diagonally towards the teamfight so that you are moving forward and cutting off their escape if you think that your team is going to be able to tie up everyone else long enough. This will allow you to start 'chasing' before they've even started running, and you can stay in range for your spells as they run away (even if they have higher movespeed than you). Another simple piece of advice I would give is not to Autoattack while waiting for cooldowns. Instead, moving into a more favourable position should take priority if your spells are off CD. In your case, this is moving closer to an enemy so they stay in your range as your CDs comes off.

EDIT: ninja'd by your post. Generally, I don't see RoA and Deathcap being rushed together at the same time. Either I see RoA->Rylai's or Double Doran's->Deathcap->Rylai's. Not too sure why though....

In addition, are you talking about bursting down malph and xerath? Or are you talking about chasing while playing malph and xerath? I'm a bit confused :S
    Last edited by shadowwalker64; 2011-11-21 at 04:05 PM.
    Credit to Dogmantra for the transparent background bracket!

I like typing text walls. Deal with it :P

8. - Top - End - #1118

Where do you get all of these awesome tidbits that I never see anywhere else until patch day?!

EDIT: Also, thank goodness.
    EDIT 2: I strongly suspect Redtracker.
    Last edited by ArcanistSupreme; 2011-11-21 at 04:08 PM.
    Awesome avatar by starwoof

9. - Top - End - #1119
    Troll in the Playground

I suppose I am just going to have to build Rylai's much earlier then. still, rushing RoA and Hat then rylais feels a bit cumbersome.
    Well I consider Rylai's as more of a substitute for RoA in the bulk department. Then it becomes a choice between RoA for great lane sustain and the Rylai's slow. I tend to pick on a per-game basis.
    Truth resists simplicity.

10. - Top - End - #1120

I just had a cray thought.

Jungle Leona. Good? Bad?
    "Best na ta challenge that Delusion" - Durkon in #674

Fairy avatar made by araveugnitsuga.
    Cultist avatar made by Darwin.
    Paladin avatar made by Ceika.

I have started a fantasy webseries about a trans woman wanting to become a paladin:
    http://kirjotusvihe.deviantart.com/gallery/47065120
    http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showt...-Paladin-Story

11. - Top - End - #1121

Probably too slow, since she can't activate her own passive. Her ganks should be good though, and her passive would make her a natural fit for anyone wanting to do the infamous double jungle.
    English is not my first language, but feel free to correct me.

Character sheets:
    Telim, Wilton, Aron and Eric

12. - Top - End - #1122
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Delusion View Post
    I just had a cray thought.

Jungle Leona. Good? Bad?
    No speed. Poor farming in the jungle. No sustain. No control over the enemy's jungle because she can't clear camps enough or do anything in a 1vs1 situation outside of stun and run away. The only thing that's appealing are the ganks, but that means nothing if she can't clear the camps quick enough to keep up with levels.

13. - Top - End - #1123

Not horrible, her ganks are going to be great (better than Amumu) if she can hit her Zenith Blade, the trouble will be getting a good clear time, and her passive will be mostly wasted until teamfights really break out.
    BANG → !
    OH LOOK AT HER/.../YOU KNOW WHAT I MEAN/YOU KNOW WHAT I MEAN/YOU KNOW WHAT I MEAN MEAN/RICHARDS

14. - Top - End - #1124

Quote Originally Posted by Even Human View Post
    Well I consider Rylai's as more of a substitute for RoA in the bulk department. Then it becomes a choice between RoA for great lane sustain and the Rylai's slow. I tend to pick on a per-game basis.
    That's right, I don't build rylai's because of RoA, thanks for the reminder. That totally slipped my mind.

guess I have to find another way to solve my early mana issue if I want that slow.

edit:
    I don't see Leona as jungle viable. On the other hand I have been having immense success as 0CS support tank.
    Last edited by Kairaven; 2011-11-21 at 04:17 PM.
    -Mako Mankanshoku

15. - Top - End - #1125
    Dwarf in the Playground

That's right, I don't build rylai's because of RoA, thanks for the reminder. That totally slipped my mind.

guess I have to find another way to solve my early mana issue if I want that slow.

edit:
    I don't see Leona as jungle viable. On the other hand I have been having immense success as 0CS support tank.
    Which mages are you playing? When I play AP carry, I mostly find most of my mana problems are solved with double ring, immediately going into deathcap after. Another alternative is getting a deathfire's, but there are arguably better first buys for most champs (an exception is veigar). Double doran's+Mana regen seals+masteries should do the trick.

16. - Top - End - #1126
    Banned

How would the game be influenced if a team could have more than one of a champion? So you could have like, two Akalis or something. Five Lee Sins.

~

17. - Top - End - #1127
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by AThousandWords View Post
    How would the game be influenced if a team could have more than one of a champion? So you could have like, two Akalis or something. Five Lee Sins.

~
    5 WW's/Malz's, team suppress
    5 Kogmaw's, INCOMING
    5 Ammumu's, slow (but slightly quicker) and painful death by crying

In essence: it would be broken and quite amusing.

5 Blitzcranks would be amazing though. Total control on when they want teamfights and a veeeeeery long AoE silence. Awesome

18. - Top - End - #1128

Um, five Blitzcranks, obviously. AP Blitz, AD Blitz, Off-tank Blitz, Jungle Blitz, and 0CS Support Blitz.
    Last edited by ArcanistSupreme; 2011-11-21 at 04:32 PM.

19. - Top - End - #1129
    Troll in the Playground

And then there's the 5 Karthus idea.

Spoiler: Characters
    Show
    Tarok and Kamo, level 6 half-orc ranger, bunyip-slayer, and all around badass.

I like half-orcs

Retired:

Aldrin Cress, level 10 human sorcerer. Hero of Korvosa.
    Tireas Slate, level 4 tiefling ninja. Eternally scheming.

DMing: Dragon's Demand

20. - Top - End - #1130

"Allow duplicate champs" should definitely be a custom game option. Just think of all the shenanigans, for minimal effort on Riot's part.
    Quote Originally Posted by JeminiZero View Post
    Gamer cancels life, interrupted by Dwarf Fortress.

21. - Top - End - #1131

Quote Originally Posted by shadowwalker64 View Post
    5 WW's/Malz's, team suppress
    5 Kogmaw's, INCOMING
    5 Ammumu's, slow (but slightly quicker) and painful death by crying

In essence: it would be broken and quite amusing.

5 Blitzcranks would be amazing though. Total control on when they want teamfights and a veeeeeery long AoE silence. Awesome
    5 Amumus, 3 tank and 2 AP. Everything dies forever.

22. - Top - End - #1132

5 AP Shacos.

Go face check that bush. I dare you.
    "Best na ta challenge that Delusion" - Durkon in #674

Fairy avatar made by araveugnitsuga.
    Cultist avatar made by Darwin.
    Paladin avatar made by Ceika.

I have started a fantasy webseries about a trans woman wanting to become a paladin:
    http://kirjotusvihe.deviantart.com/gallery/47065120
    http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showt...-Paladin-Story

23. - Top - End - #1133

but who would win in a 5 Blitzcranks VS 5 Blitzcranks game?
    -Mako Mankanshoku

24. - Top - End - #1134

Quote Originally Posted by Delusion View Post
    5 AP Shacos.

Go face check that bush. I dare you.
    Alternatively:
    5 Garens... It would be a literal spintowin.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Anuan
    Yes, but that's Fred. He radiates awesomeness.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bhu View Post
    I like Fred. I shall make him an honorary Pimpsquatch.
    Quote Originally Posted by A Rainy Knight View Post
    I love Fred because he returned from the dead in a form that doesn't hunger for the flesh of the living! Also, he's a nice guy.
    Quote Originally Posted by MageOfCakes View Post
    You're chibi and that's awesome. n_n

25. - Top - End - #1135

Definitely not Blitzcrank.

26. - Top - End - #1136

WHO BLITZCRANKS THE BLITZCRANK

also guys this is totally not a sneaky peeky at what I might possibly be doing with my time right now and what might be entered into contests of any sort so don't look
    Spoiler
    Show
    BANG → !

27. - Top - End - #1137
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Dogmantra View Post
    WHO BLITZCRANKS THE BLITZCRANK

also guys this is totally not a sneaky peeky at what I might possibly be doing with my time right now and what might be entered into contests of any sort so don't look
    Spoiler
    Show
    No Super Teemo? For shame, Dog.
    My own webcomic. Idiosyncrasy.
    Paladin Academy: Chapter 2 Part 28

28. - Top - End - #1138

Quote Originally Posted by Silverraptor View Post
    No Super Teemo? For shame, Dog.
    I'm saving the best 'til last, hon.

FYI if I win this contest or get an honourable mention?
    buying Astronaut Teemo
    it's only fitting
    Last edited by Dogmantra; 2011-11-21 at 05:24 PM.
    BANG → !

29. - Top - End - #1139
    Troll in the Playground

Hmm, that reminds me. I don't think I've won a single game after reaching level 30 where there was a Teemo on my team.

Also, is it bad that after ~100 games of deciding to selectively queue dodge my win/loss difference has gone from 0 to 32?

Spoiler: Characters
    Show
    Tarok and Kamo, level 6 half-orc ranger, bunyip-slayer, and all around badass.

I like half-orcs

Retired:

Aldrin Cress, level 10 human sorcerer. Hero of Korvosa.
    Tireas Slate, level 4 tiefling ninja. Eternally scheming.

DMing: Dragon's Demand

30. - Top - End - #1140
    Troll in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by ArcanistSupreme View Post
    So, if I'm understanding this correctly, what you are proposing to do is create an overmind for the bots that controls and coordinates them? That just sounds cool.

Of course, the easiest way to improve bot performance is to add a line of code that says, "If laning phase is over, then group together and under no circumstances should you chase an enemy into the jungle by yourself."
    Overmind would be useful mostly for coordination. If you have bots trying to individually organize, it would probably be less transparent and harder to code how their interaction works. It would also be good for organizing those sorts of interactions, and putting it in a logical place.