New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. - Top - End - #61
    Firbolg in the Playground

Default Re: The Sons of the Fallen (WIP)

The Melquart and Ba'al are both top-tier pieces of work, and the lists of the magical items that could accompany them are quite interesting. One thing that does bug me a little is the Shed; is it actually based on something? I just can't but imagine the image of a bull-headed flying beast man covered in lighting that becomes more powerful in storms to be a bit out of place, giving that the rest of the original creatures in the area have pretty well defined roles regarding how they fit in the grand scheme of things.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tychris1 View Post
    Pokonic look what you have done! You fool, you`ve doomed us all!
    Quote Originally Posted by Doorhandle View Post
    Oh Pokonic, never change. And never become my D.M.
    To those that are wondering; it's a unicorn leather knife hilt.
    Spoiler: Avatars
    Show

2. - Top - End - #62
    Ogre in the Playground

Well, the name comes from the Hebrew word for spirit or demon; and although they are typically depicted as just having the feet of a rooster there is a contemporary being called a Shedu, which is a storm demon with an ox-like form. I just used Shedim for the name because Shedu is more commonly associated with the Babylonian bull with a man's head and wings.

Furthermore, storms are very dangerous in the open desert, as they can create flash floods, the open ground creates little opportunity for cover, and most inhabitants aren't used to them. This means that a storm demon can combine the worst traits of all of them.
    Spoiler
    Show

Thank you to Ceika for the signature and avatar.

Read Sons of the Fallen here

3. - Top - End - #63
    Ogre in the Playground

Well, since this is kind of my main thread until I start a new project, I assembled a compendium of all of my homebrew, edited and with annotations as a Christmas present. This means that I'll be giving away copies; just post here and I'll PM you a link to download one. You may receive custom annotations, depending on how well I know you.

See:
    A kung-fu fighting bronze angel
    A huge bulimic toad
    A satanic mushroom
    To the best of my knowledge the only collection of everything produced for Gates of Heaven; including the infamous Spiral Archon and the original Voice From On High outline
    This, with commentary behind my design decisions
    Spoiler
    Show

Thank you to Ceika for the signature and avatar.

Read Sons of the Fallen here