New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 6 of 50 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151631 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #151
    Orc in the Playground

Default Re: Skyrim II: A Dragon A Day Keeps The Draugr At Bay

Quote Originally Posted by AgentPaper View Post
    Spoiler
    Show

So, I found my way up to the top of the General Store in Windhelm. Anyone else done anything like this? I didn't use any spells or shouts, just normal movement and jumping.
    I climbed up the side of the Throat of the World because I couldn't find the stairs. It was at least half an hour of scaling near-vertical, glitchy terrain. Felt great when I made it to the top, though
    I am a forum poster. This is my signature.

G-Man by the wonderful Ceika
    Spoiler
    Show

Hextech Singed by the amazingly talented (and handsome) Thormag
    Steam Profile

2. - Top - End - #152
    Bugbear in the Playground

Skyrim is giving me problems right now. It refuses to allow me access to new spells. Not from a glitch mind you, oh no. I just can't find the next tier of destruction, so i've been using flames for.... 15 levels. Where can a guy get a firebolt amirite?
    I make avatars. Send me a request.
    BiTP:RCharacters
    Let's Play: Video Games!
    I suffer from major insomnia, don't be surprised if I'm on at odd hours.

3. - Top - End - #153
    Titan in the Playground

Why, the College of Winterhold, of course! You want magic, you go there!
    "Reach down into your heart and you'll find many reasons to fight. Survival. Honor. Glory. But what about those who feel it's their duty to protect the innocent? There you'll find a warrior savage enough to match any dragon, and in the end, they'll retain what the others won't. Their humanity."

4. - Top - End - #154

Quote Originally Posted by Archpaladin Zousha View Post
    Why, the College of Winterhold, of course! You want magic, you go there!
    Also the mage NPC in Dragonsreach (Whiterun) sells the adept tier stuff too.

5. - Top - End - #155
    Titan in the Playground

All the Hold court wizards do that. Not just in Whiterun.
    "Reach down into your heart and you'll find many reasons to fight. Survival. Honor. Glory. But what about those who feel it's their duty to protect the innocent? There you'll find a warrior savage enough to match any dragon, and in the end, they'll retain what the others won't. Their humanity."

6. - Top - End - #156
    Dwarf in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

Ain't Markarth fun?

By the by, little tip about that release thing:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Not gonna happen. You either have to infiltrate or crush the guards in order to release him.
    You know, I tried to do this quest the other day actually. Walked my happy ass across the world to get there only to be told by the guards to go away. So I attacked them.
    Spoiler
    Show
    A second later, I got a screen pop-up saying I failed to save the son from the prison and the quest ended. Even though I didn't die nor had I even killed one of the guards yet.

It's the quest from the old lady in Whiterun who's son is locked up by the opposing family in town. Gray-beards and Battle-somethingorothers IIRC. So anyone know how to keep that from happening? Infiltration isn't out of the question, though I don't know how to go about doing that. I'd rather honestly just kick their butts and loot their corpses. I saved and loaded a few times and every time I slashed one in the face it said the quest failed and it ended.
    "For pony!"

7. - Top - End - #157
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by agentnone View Post
    You know, I tried to do this quest the other day actually. Walked my happy ass across the world to get there only to be told by the guards to go away. So I attacked them.
    Spoiler
    Show
    A second later, I got a screen pop-up saying I failed to save the son from the prison and the quest ended. Even though I didn't die nor had I even killed one of the guards yet.

It's the quest from the old lady in Whiterun who's son is locked up by the opposing family in town. Gray-beards and Battle-somethingorothers IIRC. So anyone know how to keep that from happening? Infiltration isn't out of the question, though I don't know how to go about doing that. I'd rather honestly just kick their butts and loot their corpses. I saved and loaded a few times and every time I slashed one in the face it said the quest failed and it ended.
    You didn't fail the quest. You just failed the objective of getting him out peacefully.

8. - Top - End - #158
    Dwarf in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

You didn't fail the quest. You just failed the objective of getting him out peacefully.
    Well then I'm screwed because the guards won't talk to me and there's nothing else I can do. I even so much as walked around the fort slow as hell about 5 or 6 times looking for a lever or switch or hidden door or something to sneak my way in. Didn't find anything btw.
    "For pony!"

9. - Top - End - #159
    Titan in the Playground

Only way in is either to be sneakier than the Grey Fox or to just swallow your pride and fight the Thalmor. The key is to walk in so they go nuts and attack you, rather than striking the first blow yourself.

10. - Top - End - #160
    Dwarf in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

Only way in is either to be sneakier than the Grey Fox or to just swallow your pride and fight the Thalmor. The key is to walk in so they go nuts and attack you, rather than striking the first blow yourself.
    Yeah, that's a good idea. Don't know why I didn't think of it. I do that all the time anyway by accident. lol
    "For pony!"

11. - Top - End - #161

RogueGuy

Hey, it's not murder if it's Thalmor. New rule.

I triggered them into attacking, and then snuck into the main base, slitting throats as I went. Fun.

Anyone else want to ditch the 'help the Legion' and 'Help the Stormcloaks' options for 'broker a peace between the two, forge a new alliance with yourself as overlord and invade the Dominion'?
    Last edited by Somebloke; 2011-11-18 at 03:05 AM.

12. - Top - End - #162
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Somebloke View Post
    Anyone else want to ditch the 'help the Legion' and 'Help the Stormcloaks' options for 'broker a peace between the two, forge a new alliance with yourself as overlord and invade the Dominion'?
    Well I forsee...
    Spoiler
    Show
    My character replacing Talos in the Pantheon eventually.
    Last edited by Avilan the Grey; 2011-11-18 at 03:13 AM.
    Blizzard Battletag: UnderDog#21677

Shepard: "Wrex! Do we have mawsign?"
    Wrex: "Shepard, we have mawsign the likes of which even Reapers have never seen!"

13. - Top - End - #163
    Dwarf in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

I triggered them into attacking, and then snuck into the main base, slitting throats as I went. Fun.

Anyone else want to ditch the 'help the Legion' and 'Help the Stormcloaks' for 'broker a peace between the two, forge a new alliance with yourself as overlord and invade the Dominion'?
    Yeah, them Thalmor folk are a bunch of meanie-heads. I ran into a group of 3 of them not too long after escaping Helgen and I talked to them. Don't bring up Talos cuz you get the option to either say yes you do worship him or its none of their business. Either way they attacked me and kicked my tail. I think at the time I was barely level 2.
    "For pony!"

14. - Top - End - #164

RogueGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Maxios View Post
    So, due to unforseen circumstances, despite the fact I got the same on Saturday; the first time I'll play it will either be tonight or tomorrow. I can't wait .
    Keep us informed on your first impressions.

15. - Top - End - #165
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Tialait View Post
    Please guys, I need to know if this is a glitch before I pull my hair out...

After beating the main questline:

Spoiler
    Show
    The greybeards vanished. There is none of them in High Hathar...is this a glitch or did they up and leave. If it's a glitch, I'll wait for a patch and pray they come back. If they are meant to leave...I need to restart.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Did you kill parthuwhatshisname dragon leader and have you checked the backyard and the conference room?
    "Elephant trunks should be used for elephant things only. Nothing else."

Thank you Geomancer for the Death avatar.

My lets plays:
    Alien vs Predator: marine chapter - Completed
    Singularity - Canceled

16. - Top - End - #166
    Titan in the Playground

Yeah, them Thalmor folk are a bunch of meanie-heads. I ran into a group of 3 of them not too long after escaping Helgen and I talked to them. Don't bring up Talos cuz you get the option to either say yes you do worship him or its none of their business. Either way they attacked me and kicked my tail. I think at the time I was barely level 2.
    Hey I guess they are random, like the Talon Company in FO3? Because I am now lvl 10 and has yet to see a single one.

Wrex: "Shepard, we have mawsign the likes of which even Reapers have never seen!"

17. - Top - End - #167
    Ogre in the Playground

DruidGirl

Alright, I just had to quit Skyrim for a bit...I'll play more later but right now I need a break.

My story:

I was traveling around looking for something to do in the land of Skyrim, when I saw a Dragon overhead. I got exited and prepared my shouts quickly and my twin swords. The dragon landed by me in a swamp area, and I started swinging at it. Little did I know that I had accidentally killed a small mudcrab.

The other mudcrabs started attacking and a pack of ice wolves came out to confront me. I dispatched the wolves with little effort but the mudcrabs just kept coming. I pulled my bow and sniped the dragon out of the sky. I had only hit it maybe six times with spell, sword, and bow. It went falling. I then turned to deal with my mudcrab issue, and they just kept coming. I killed several and then one came out that was just not dieing....I almost took no damage against the ice wolves and the dragon. The mudcrabs had me guzzle seven or eight healing potions, and eat enough food to feed half of the empire.

What I am trying to say is, I have to take a break because I can look at every dragon I have faced in Skyrim thus far and state, "I have faced mudcrabs tougher then you!"

Quote Originally Posted by pffh View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    Did you kill parthuwhatshisname dragon leader and have you checked the backyard and the conference room?
    Spoiler
    Show
    No, yes, and yes. I think they simply vanished. Maybe the old farts had heart attacks.
    Last edited by Lady Tialait; 2011-11-18 at 03:16 AM.

"I laugh at life, it's antics make for me a giddy game. Where only foolish fellows take themselves with solemn aim.”

18. - Top - End - #168
    Titan in the Playground

I can look at every dragon I have faced in Skyrim thus far and state, "I have faced mudcrabs tougher then you!"
    You know, this would make a great Sig line...

19. - Top - End - #169

Yeah, I ran into the same bunch. Just got out of Helgen and was trying to figure out how to get to the nearest guardian stone. Ran into them at level 2, pissed them off somehow, ended up kiting them with the Flame spell. Elven armor is pretty sweet at level 2.

20. - Top - End - #170
    Dwarf in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Avilan the Grey View Post
    Hey I guess they are random, like the Talon Company in FO3? Because I am now lvl 10 and has yet to see a single one.
    Yeah, I found them on the road to Whiterun. But when I reloaded, I ran that same way intent on getting revenge and they weren't there anymore. Then many hours and levels later, I ran into them in the mountains far in the north east of Whiterun fighting bandits. I ran in to help and afterward they attacked me. Kicked my tail then too. I think they scale with the player since they're out in the open and not in a dungeon instance.
    "For pony!"

21. - Top - End - #171
    Ettin in the Playground

What I am trying to say is, I have to take a break because I can look at every dragon I have faced in Skyrim thus far and state, "I have faced mudcrabs tougher then you!"
    Epic. You win The Elder Scrolls.
    Marceline Abadeer by Gnomish Wanderer

22. - Top - End - #172
    Ogre in the Playground

DruidGirl

Quote Originally Posted by Avilan the Grey View Post
    You know, this would make a great Sig line...
    If you want it, have it.

However, you obviously do not know the power of mudcrabs.

"I laugh at life, it's antics make for me a giddy game. Where only foolish fellows take themselves with solemn aim.”

23. - Top - End - #173
    Dwarf in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

Alright, I just had to quit Skyrim for a bit...I'll play more later but right now I need a break.

My story:

I was traveling around looking for something to do in the land of Skyrim, when I saw a Dragon overhead. I got exited and prepared my shouts quickly and my twin swords. The dragon landed by me in a swamp area, and I started swinging at it. Little did I know that I had accidentally killed a small mudcrab.

The other mudcrabs started attacking and a pack of ice wolves came out to confront me. I dispatched the wolves with little effort but the mudcrabs just kept coming. I pulled my bow and sniped the dragon out of the sky. I had only hit it maybe six times with spell, sword, and bow. It went falling. I then turned to deal with my mudcrab issue, and they just kept coming. I killed several and then one came out that was just not dieing....I almost took no damage against the ice wolves and the dragon. The mudcrabs had me guzzle seven or eight healing potions, and eat enough food to feed half of the empire.

You know what, I had a similar problem. But mine was without wolves and dragons. I actually just got owned by 3 mudcrabs. I was like level 12 at the time too. lol I was laughing too hard to be mad at that. I mean, mudcrabs. MUDCRABS!!! They sure got an upgrade in this game. They're actually dangerous in small mobs.
    "For pony!"

24. - Top - End - #174
    Dwarf in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Gorgondantess View Post
    Epic. You win The Elder Scrolls.
    I second this. That was an epic-ly awesome line.
    "For pony!"

25. - Top - End - #175
    Titan in the Playground

I actually just got owned by 3 mudcrabs. I was like level 12 at the time too. lol I was laughing too hard to be mad at that. I mean, mudcrabs. MUDCRABS!!! They sure got an upgrade in this game. They're actually dangerous in small mobs.
    ...Or you could use a bow.

26. - Top - End - #176
    Orc in the Playground

BardGirl

Won't happen.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Because Ulfric is in league with the Thalmor

27. - Top - End - #177
    Ogre in the Playground

DruidGirl

Quote Originally Posted by Opperhapsen View Post
    Won't happen.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Because Ulfric is in league with the Thalmor
    Ummmm....

Spoiler
    Show
    Unwittingly.

28. - Top - End - #178
    Dwarf in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

Off topic, but I'm curious about something. And I may not be the only one.

Charcoal.

Does it do anything or is it used for anything? I find it everywhere, and other than being used to weight you down (weights a half pound) and can be sold for nearly nothing (1 gold), does it have any other purpose? I always find it around blacksmith stuff for the most part. And I noticed Bethesda took out 90% of the useless crap you found in Oblivion (calipers and shears anyone?). So I figured it would at least have some sort of use when blacksmithing. Does it or is it just useless loot?
    "For pony!"

29. - Top - End - #179
    Ogre in the Playground

Off topic, but I'm curious about something. And I may not be the only one.

Charcoal.

Does it do anything or is it used for anything? I find it everywhere, and other than being used to weight you down (weights a half pound) and can be sold for nearly nothing (1 gold), does it have any other purpose? I always find it around blacksmith stuff for the most part. And I noticed Bethesda took out 90% of the useless crap you found in Oblivion (calipers and shears anyone?). So I figured it would at least have some sort of use when blacksmithing. Does it or is it just useless loot?
    You use it once during the main quest.
    "Elephant trunks should be used for elephant things only. Nothing else."

Thank you Geomancer for the Death avatar.

My lets plays:
    Alien vs Predator: marine chapter - Completed
    Singularity - Canceled

30. - Top - End - #180
    Dwarf in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by pffh View Post
    You use it once during the main quest.
    Just 1 piece or a whole mess load, cuz I thought it had an actual application to something so I've been keeping what I find. Don't want to be hoarding a whole bunch of it if I only need one piece to tote around on my person.
    "For pony!"