New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 28 of 50 FirstFirst ... 3181920212223242526272829303132333435363738 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #811
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: Dominic Deegan: Oracle for Hire, Mk. XLI: No Morals! No Quarter! All Brutal!

Man, there is one thing that can make the conclusion to today's comic absolutely awful. A piece of knowledge. Meta-comic knowledge, though not meta-site. A piece of knowledge that—oh, **** it, I'm referring to tubdeath.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kizor View Post
    If I go crazier and end up writing fantasy, my magic will not be called the Power or the Talent or the Gift.

It will be called by ancient Elvish words that translate as Oh Dammit.
    Great Szark avatar by Toast1862.

2. - Top - End - #812

Default Re: Dominic Deegan: Oracle for Hire, Mk. XLI: No Morals! No Quarter! All Brutal!

Also, who is that interviewer from the video linked above last page? He's really bad at it, and his childish little extra rant about the kid is worse.

Edit:
    Quote Originally Posted by mwchase View Post
    Man, there is one thing that can make the conclusion to today's comic absolutely awful. A piece of knowledge. Meta-comic knowledge, though not meta-site. A piece of knowledge that—oh, **** it, I'm referring to tubdeath.
    Haha, hadn't even thought of that. Wait...

Creepy how much that fits...
    Last edited by colonelslime; 2011-12-09 at 12:44 AM.
    "Sanity is not statistical."
    - George Orwell, 1984

3. - Top - End - #813
    Firbolg in the Playground

GnomeWizardGuy

Aaaaaaa shut up about the wedding the wedding is irrelevant. He's the king he doesn't need to wait until you're all in one place. He could be torching your house and barbecuing your annoying talking cat right now while you're wasting time with this nonsense. Putting everyone you love together in one place is in fact more sensible because your overpowering sueness can protect them all you idiot.

4. - Top - End - #814
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by colonelslime View Post
    Consequences?

We Shall See

So looks like Mookie has been reading forums again, and has realized that all the meddlin' those darn Deegan kids have been doing might have aroused the ire of the powers that be. If this does lead to a wedding cancellation, this means all of this build-up was utterly without point. Huzzah.
    You shut your mouth! Cancelling the wedding is the greatest thing that could happen at this point.
    In the Beginning Was the Word, and the Word Was Suck: A Guide to Truenamers

Quote Originally Posted by Doc Roc View Post
    Gentlefolk, learn from Zaq's example, and his suffering. Remember, seven out of eleven players who use truenamer lose their ability to taste ice cream.
    My compiled Iron Chef stuff!

~ Gay all day, queer all year ~

5. - Top - End - #815
    Retired Mod in the Playground Retired Moderator

I'm going for the outside bet:

This is a red herring. They decided on a metal themed wedding.

Sweet Friendship Jayne avatar by Crown of Thorns

6. - Top - End - #816

GnomeWizardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Zaq View Post
    You shut your mouth! Cancelling the wedding is the greatest thing that could happen at this point.
    But it's for the Mookiest reason. They're going to be all "Oh no! *sniff* We can't get married and find true happiness until the king and the beast are defeated! *scowl* Now it's personal."

And for a weekend comic drawing exercise, a cut away to a blood covered Luna splash page is so unbelievably Mookie I'd feel dirty doing it.

7. - Top - End - #817

Imp

Also, who is that interviewer from the video linked above last page? He's really bad at it, and his childish little extra rant about the kid is worse.
    Just some guy who thinks having a youtube account makes him a professional reporter.
    Spoiler: I've checked out the spoiler thoroughly and there's no actual erotic Harry Potter fanfiction
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    I've checked out the comic thoroughly and there's no actual erotic Harry Potter fanfiction
    I can't find the one with the "cartoon butt," though.
    OK, finally tracked the Naked Superheroes guy down
    What do you see as being objectionable about it? The use of the word "bimbos"?
    Quote Originally Posted by stack View Post
    There are no nipples or genitals
    Looks like a nipple when I look close.
    Then don't look close.

8. - Top - End - #818
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by engineer-errant View Post
    The interviewer was more obnoxious than the "annoying kid". Mookie's inability to remember his own plot at the time was mildly amusing as well.
    I found it funny because the interviewer unintentionally insulted Dominic Deegan.

9. - Top - End - #819
    Ogre in the Playground

Consequences?

We Shall See

So looks like Mookie has been reading forums again, and has realized that all the meddlin' those darn Deegan kids have been doing might have aroused the ire of the powers that be. If this does lead to a wedding cancellation, this means all of this build-up was utterly without point. Huzzah.
    If they were stupid enough to plan a wedding like nothing happened, they deserved this possible future.

As for their understanding of the issue, better late then never?

10. - Top - End - #820

GnomeWizardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by random11 View Post
    If they were stupid enough to plan a wedding like nothing happened, they deserved this possible future.
    This further confirms Dominic has been letting his second sight do the thinking for him for far too long. "I'm getting bad vibes about jumping into this volcano - better use my second sight." Common sense is for muggles.

Any rules of thumb for this comic drawing challenge over the weekend? I'm game.

11. - Top - End - #821
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Trazoi View Post
    Any rules of thumb for this comic drawing challenge over the weekend? I'm game.
    None that I'd have thought about until just now, but I guess there are a few things:

First, no copy-pasting of other people's art, or your own old stuff. Use whatever you wish, but it has to be yours and made for this.

Second, submit before the comic appears on the main page, whatever time that is for you. Also, in case the sneaky gate opens early, don't look at it. This challenge is meant to be about doing a better job than Mookie at creating a comic page, not about correcting his mistakes. (In case you can't get it all done before the comic's updating time, submit your script and do the drawing part later.)

Third, don't take longer than 8 hours total. Of course, nobody would do that anyway...

12. - Top - End - #822
    Banned

SamuraiGuy

Dam hotel california.

I did not look at the comic at all. But I must say:

Mookie said it took him 4 hours to do his comic in a older interview.

Draw mages erupting through a hole in reality and instantly killing everybody.

13. - Top - End - #823
    Bugbear in the Playground

Hey. You only need to flip a few letters to get 'BUULGAK' out dominic!
    Last edited by ninja_penguin; 2011-12-09 at 06:19 AM.
    Spoiler
    Show

"Square root of 912.04 is 30.2. It all seemed harmless. Square root of 912.04 is 30.2. It all seemed harmless. Square root of 912.04 is 30.2..."

"It all seemed harmless..."

Character Roster:

Ami Nakamura - Self Taught Sorceress [Sacramento Occult]

14. - Top - End - #824

I'll see if I can cobble something up during the weekend, of course I'm terrible at coming up with stories and my writing sucks, but I guess that's kinda the point, huh?

15. - Top - End - #825

"I didn't want to do this," said Dominic Deegan, referring to his second sight, his ability to see the future, and the consequences of their decisions, in reference to whether or not their recent decisions would have consequences. Perhaps people might be killed. Perhaps they might be killed. This is bigger than if Luna would go out with him if he asked her, this is bigger than both of them, this is supposedly something that's going to impact magnitudes of people (probably on the order of ten Deegansworth of people, so at least fifty thousand). Nevertheless, he didn't want to do this. Dominic Deegan, Seer For Hire, did not want to see.

but

why

whyyyyyyyyyyyyy

(easy answer: the truth might be unpleasant)
    (easy counter: well I guess it's better if everyone just dies huh)
    Who makes fabulous avatars? MEMNARCH makes fabulous avatars!

16. - Top - End - #826

I leave for like two months and you guys all go and get Dominic Deegan avatars. Just who are the Deegan fans here, huh?

17. - Top - End - #827
    Colossus in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by rocketpony View Post
    "I didn't want to do this," said Dominic Deegan, referring to his second sight, his ability to see the future, and the consequences of their decisions, in reference to whether or not their recent decisions would have consequences. Perhaps people might be killed. Perhaps they might be killed. This is bigger than if Luna would go out with him if he asked her, this is bigger than both of them, this is supposedly something that's going to impact magnitudes of people (probably on the order of ten Deegansworth of people, so at least fifty thousand). Nevertheless, he didn't want to do this. Dominic Deegan, Seer For Hire, did not want to see.

but

why

whyyyyyyyyyyyyy

Because its against his morals to scry on his family and friends without permission. Unless he has to. Or wants to. or the plot demands it.

"Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum Europae vincendarum"
    Translation: "Sometimes I get this urge to conquer large parts of Europe."

Quote Originally Posted by Nerd-o-rama View Post
    Traab is yelling everything that I'm thinking already.
    "If you don't get those cameras out of my face, I'm gonna go 8.6 on the Richter scale with gastric emissions that'll clear this room."

18. - Top - End - #828
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by rocketpony View Post

but

why

whyyyyyyyyyyyyy

He was afraid of the dangerous consequences from using his second sight (AKA - nose bleed)

19. - Top - End - #829
    Retired Mod in the Playground Retired Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Fawkes View Post
    Just some guy who thinks having a youtube account makes him a professional reporter.
    You didn't think he looked super-professional in that intro?

Sweet Friendship Jayne avatar by Crown of Thorns

20. - Top - End - #830

Dominic's scrying sure is useful, huh? It's a good thing he used it before he went to see Celesto, just to be careful. Otherwise Celesto might have caught by surprise with some sort of evil plan that Dominic never expected.

Better yet, if Dominic can see the future, and the future can be changed, why can't Dominic just scry on every single action he can take until he comes on one that ends with the King being defeated and everyone being happy? And if he can't do that, then how does his "scry on the future we'd be moving towards if I didn't do anything to change it" work, exactly?

21. - Top - End - #831
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. McGician View Post
    Dominic's scrying sure is useful, huh? It's a good thing he used it before he went to see Celesto, just to be careful. Otherwise Celesto might have caught by surprise with some sort of evil plan that Dominic never expected.

Better yet, if Dominic can see the future, and the future can be changed, why can't Dominic just scry on every single action he can take until he comes on one that ends with the King being defeated and everyone being happy? And if he can't do that, then how does his "scry on the future we'd be moving towards if I didn't do anything to change it" work, exactly?
    I can't blame Mookie for not going there.
    If Dominic can scry every move, there is very little story left to tell.

The problem is that we never got any reason why it's not possible to do that.
    We have no knowledge about restrictions of laws, morals or power when it comes to second sight, other than the occasional nose bleed.

22. - Top - End - #832

GnomeWizardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by random11 View Post
    I can't blame Mookie for not going there.
    If Dominic can scry every move, there is very little story left to tell.

The problem is that we never got any reason why it's not possible to do that.
    We have no knowledge about restrictions of laws, morals or power when it comes to second sight, other than the occasional nose bleed.
    Did we ever get an explanation of why Dominic said nothing bad would happen to Greg and Dex at Lynn's Brook?

If Dominic's scrying was merely blocked, he should be able to deduce from the "no carrier" signal that something suspicious is going on. He had to get a vision of everything okay with Greg and Dex for the entire trip. How did that happen?

23. - Top - End - #833

Did we ever get an explanation of why Dominic said nothing bad would happen to Greg and Dex at Lynn's Brook?

If Dominic's scrying was merely blocked, he should be able to deduce from the "no carrier" signal that something suspicious is going on. He had to get a vision of everything okay with Greg and Dex for the entire trip. How did that happen?
    Because Snuggly (and Celesto eventually?) is an outsider, which... does things to seer magic, for some reason.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kizor View Post
    If I go crazier and end up writing fantasy, my magic will not be called the Power or the Talent or the Gift.

It will be called by ancient Elvish words that translate as Oh Dammit.
    Great Szark avatar by Toast1862.

24. - Top - End - #834

GnomeWizardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by mwchase View Post
    Because Snuggly (and Celesto eventually?) is an outsider, which... does things to seer magic, for some reason.
    By "doing things" I presume you mean "let Dominic off the hook for anything nasty that happens" right?

So Dominic's second sight has been knowably unreliable since 2008. Has he ever factored that into anything he's done since then?

25. - Top - End - #835
    Banned

SamuraiGuy

Ka Bs. HE ISN"T An outsider. In fact they specifically instated that he WASNT

26. - Top - End - #836

Imp

Dominic be trollin'.
    Spoiler: I've checked out the spoiler thoroughly and there's no actual erotic Harry Potter fanfiction
    Show
    I've checked out the comic thoroughly and there's no actual erotic Harry Potter fanfiction
    I can't find the one with the "cartoon butt," though.
    OK, finally tracked the Naked Superheroes guy down
    What do you see as being objectionable about it? The use of the word "bimbos"?
    Quote Originally Posted by stack View Post
    There are no nipples or genitals
    Looks like a nipple when I look close.
    Then don't look close.

27. - Top - End - #837

Dominic be trollin'.
    Suddenly, the comic makes worlds-more sense.
    Last edited by TheLaughingMan; 2011-12-09 at 07:23 PM.
    Previous Avatars:
    Spoiler
    Show

Old Avatar by PersonalSaivor.

Ponytar by akrim.elf

Quote Originally Posted by The Lost Eyeball
    Long separated by cruel fate, the star-crossed lovers raced across the grassy field toward each other like two freight trains, one having left Cleveland at 6:36 p.m. traveling at 55 mph, the other from Topeka at 4:19 p.m. at a speed of 35 mph.

28. - Top - End - #838

GnomeWizardGuy

Dominic be trollin'.
    Well yeah, that's our explanation, but I don't think it's Mookie's. I guess sometimes magic isn't magic.

(It's hilariously tragic how the descent of Greg from a naive but well-meaning young man to complete unlikeable smug pillock is mostly due to manipulation from Dominic. Although the awful metal had some hand from Donovan near the end.)

29. - Top - End - #839
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by averagejoe View Post
    You didn't think he looked super-professional in that intro?
    I wish he was professional enough to duplicate the mono audio channel while he was editing the interview sequences. That was painful to listen to with headphones.

30. - Top - End - #840

Quote Originally Posted by T-O-E View Post
    I found it funny because the interviewer unintentionally insulted Dominic Deegan.
    Agreed.

Well yeah, that's our explanation, but I don't think it's Mookie's. I guess sometimes magic isn't magic.

(It's hilariously tragic how the descent of Greg from a naive but well-meaning young man to complete unlikeable smug pillock is mostly due to manipulation from Dominic. Although the awful metal had some hand from Donovan near the end.)
    This is unrelated to the comic, but more people need to use the phrase "unlikeable smug pillock".
    LGBTitP