New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 35 of 50 FirstFirst ... 10252627282930313233343536373839404142434445 ... LastLast
Results 1,021 to 1,050 of 1485
  1. - Top - End - #1021
    Firbolg in the Playground

GnomeWizardGuy

Default Re: Dominic Deegan: Oracle for Hire, Mk. XLI: No Morals! No Quarter! All Brutal!

Brace yourselves everyone.
    Sneaky Gate
    Future Link

It's done. We're there. We have finally reached Peak Deegan.

2. - Top - End - #1022
    Orc in the Playground

Default Re: Dominic Deegan: Oracle for Hire, Mk. XLI: No Morals! No Quarter! All Brutal!

Quote Originally Posted by Trazoi View Post
    Brace yourselves everyone.
    Sneaky Gate
    Future Link

It's done. We're there. We have finally reached Peak Deegan.
    ....nnnno. That's an edit that somehow made its way onto the site. No. No. No.

So Dominic's vision only comes true if she wears a floofy dress and they have a normal wedding? So Jayden starts talking for the sake of her lord Dominus's will? And no Greg.

No.

Shut up Greg. I'm going to go erase Greg from this comic in MSPaint and replace him with.. with........ something.
    With Open Eyes
    A terribly formatted, unfinished site containing a bad comic.
    Oh and I also have a dA account.
    ---

3. - Top - End - #1023
    Troll in the Playground

This is now the best arc ever.

4. - Top - End - #1024
    Barbarian in the Playground

Anyone else getting the impression this is the start of a GregxJayden romance. Feels like something Mookie would do.
    "Sanity is not statistical."
    - George Orwell, 1984

5. - Top - End - #1025

BlueWizardGirl

Quote Originally Posted by Toast1862 View Post
    Shut up Greg. I'm going to go erase Greg from this comic in MSPaint and replace him with.. with........ something.
    Might I suggest an aluminum Christmas tree?

6. - Top - End - #1026
    Banned

SamuraiGuy

Heh. Where is the real comic Trazoi.

Seriously, that was so stupid even mookie wouldn't be able to do that. Where is the real comic Cough it up. Great mimicry of course.

7. - Top - End - #1027
    Titan in the Playground

This. Is. WONDERFUL!

Don't you see, guys? We're done with the wedding! It's over! We don't have to live in dread of the friggin' wedding arc! It's just finished! No more Deegan wedding! No more! No more . . . Please, I beg you, no more . . .

. . . Let me have my fantasies.
    In the Beginning Was the Word, and the Word Was Suck: A Guide to Truenamers

Quote Originally Posted by Doc Roc View Post
    Gentlefolk, learn from Zaq's example, and his suffering. Remember, seven out of eleven players who use truenamer lose their ability to taste ice cream.
    My compiled Iron Chef stuff!

~ Gay all day, queer all year ~

8. - Top - End - #1028

GnomeWizardGuy

smile Re: Dominic Deegan: Oracle for Hire, Mk. XLI: No Morals! No Quarter! All Brutal!

Quote Originally Posted by Mookie's newspost
    Kiss the BRIIIIIIIDE!!
    I enjoy these comics that close out the year. The opportunity to do memorable things arises, like getting Dominic and Luna engaged and, as we see in today's update, finally getting them married... albeit in a very impromptu (and metal) manner.

And as Van Canto has proven, you don't always need guitars to be metal.

As far as Luanian philosophy and the prophet Luana goes, we'll go into more detail about them next year. For now, I think it was enough for poor Jayden to finally speak again.

That's all from me for now.
    Rock on.
    Ahahahahahaha this is perfect.

9. - Top - End - #1029
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Zaq View Post
    This. Is. WONDERFUL!

Don't you see, guys? We're done with the wedding! It's over! We don't have to live in dread of the friggin' wedding arc! It's just finished! No more Deegan wedding! No more! No more . . . Please, I beg you, no more . . .

. . . Let me have my fantasies.
    Heh heh, real funny. It's obvious this is just the first of the wedding scenes. Next Dominic and Luna will elope to elfland and have a tree wedding to make it feel more real, then they will fight the king and they'll say, we just want to get married and he'll be like, I'm the King I can make anything happen and he'll marry them nobility style. Then when everything settles down Momma D will have her traditional wedding but then just as it's finished Greg will abduct them to hard-rock-ville and have rock-themed wedding. While they're in Aberthast to have their ears healed from the last wedding, Jayden who feels guilty about the first rushed wedding will give them religious wedding. Will that be the end of it? Who knows, but now Greg has the hots for Jayden and they're all ready to get married themselves only Greg insists that he, will have more wedding then his brother. As we deal with that Donovan reminisces with his sons about his own various weddings...

10. - Top - End - #1030
    Ogre in the Playground

As far as Luanian philosophy and the prophet Luana goes, we'll go into more detail about them next year. For now, I think it was enough for poor Jayden to finally speak again.

Ahahahahahaha this is perfect.
    Oh wow, I forgot Jayden was supposed to stay silent. That was lame, of course.

11. - Top - End - #1031
    Ogre in the Playground

...so, is it over? The looming threat of an ultra-long extended wedding arc banned? I'm hopeful, but Mookie excels at crushing any kind of hope.
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Blade View Post
    50% analysis, 40% jokes, 10% depression
    “The problem with quotes on the internet is you never know if they are genuine.”
    ― Joseph Stalin

12. - Top - End - #1032
    Bugbear in the Playground

Whoa... that's... that sure is something.
    "Nothing can stop The Smooze."

13. - Top - End - #1033
    Ogre in the Playground

So in one strip, we have more bad romance, Jayden getting out of trauma to marry a couple, and facebath.

My snark-meter is on overload.

14. - Top - End - #1034

Jayden honey? Since you're talking again and can presumably cast spells now, could you do us a huge favor and smite that turd from the realities?

In all seriousness though, to my surprise, I have to say that wasn't bad for the webcomic. If I cared about the characters, Luna's face wasn't quite so hideous, Jayden didn't pop in out of nowhere, and SmugGreg... was not, I'd probably consider this rather sweet.
    Last edited by AgentofOdd; 2011-12-15 at 02:33 AM.

15. - Top - End - #1035

GnomeWizardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by guttering flame View Post
    Oh wow, I forgot Jayden was supposed to stay silent. That was lame, of course.
    That's what makes the last three panels so awesome! It's like Mookie has set himself a personal challenge for how to make SmugGreg even more irritating.

Well, he's now interrupted Dom and Luna's wedding and Jayden breaking her silence with his stupid metal act simultaneously! Surely it's impossible to top this in 2012? Not for Mookie it isn't! Stay tuned!

16. - Top - End - #1036

I...I was once a fan...was once a fan...

Oh, and that's not metal, Mookie. THIS is metal.
    Holy crap, I have a blog!

When one has made a decision to kill a person, even if it will be very difficult to succeed by advancing straight ahead, it will not do to think about doing it in a long, roundabout way. One's heart may slacken, he may miss his chance, and by and large there will be no success. The Way of the Samurai is one of immediacy, and it is best to dash in headlong.

17. - Top - End - #1037

NecromancerGuy

I want to snark this but it is just such a pinnacle of awful that my brain exploded and I am now typing this as a ghost.

18. - Top - End - #1038
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Feddlefew View Post
    Might I suggest an aluminum Christmas tree?

Maybe next time. For now...

Spoiler
    Show

Hmm. Didn't come out as well as I'd hoped, but better than the original.
    With Open Eyes
    A terribly formatted, unfinished site containing a bad comic.
    Oh and I also have a dA account.
    ---

19. - Top - End - #1039
    Banned

SamuraiGuy

You may **** the banana.

Indeed Toast. Indeed.

20. - Top - End - #1040

BlueWizardGirl

Quote Originally Posted by Toast1862 View Post
    Maybe next time. For now...

Spoiler
    Show

Hmm. Didn't come out as well as I'd hoped, but better than the original.
    Your version is better. I was only going for a hideous metal abomination.

But that banana several orders of magnitude closer to Greg's... Gregishness...

21. - Top - End - #1041

AssassinGuy

I just hope Mookie doesn't try a honeymoon arc.

22. - Top - End - #1042
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by M84 View Post
    I just hope Mookie doesn't try a honeymoon arc.
    We had that already, remember?
    Spoiler
    Show

Challenge badge
    , courtesy of HeadlessMermaid.

Avatar courtesy of the talented Neoriceisgood. Features Pumpkin from my webcomic.

23. - Top - End - #1043
    Halfling in the Playground

RangerGuy

For a second there i thought that greg was playing the priest role, but then i noticed it wasnt his speech bubble. So in a way i guess i'm glad this isnt as horrible as it could have been? It's still horrible though...

24. - Top - End - #1044
    Ettin in the Playground

This week's comics have actually made me feel physically nauseous. Bravo Mookie. I think I'd like to formally submit my application to the Dominic Deegan Snarky Society please.

25. - Top - End - #1045

GnomeWizardGuy

Spoiler
    Show

26. - Top - End - #1046

Griffon

....Wait, what?

We just spent 2 weeks of strips explaining why Dominic and Luna wanted a big, public wedding with all their friends and families in attendance, because of how much it would hurt Mama Deegan's feelings not to be there when the big moment came....

...And now this? In one strip? Just like that?

DAMMIT MOOKIE, I WANT MY 2 WEEKS BACK!
    Last edited by Wraith; 2011-12-15 at 06:16 AM.
    ~ CAUTION: May Contain Weasels ~
    RPG Characters What I Done Played As (Explained Badly)
    17 Things I Learned About 40k By Playing Dark Heresy
    Tales of a Role-Play Gamer - Horrible Optimisation

27. - Top - End - #1047

Panel #1: "I don't know about you, but self-diagnosed codependency followed by 'muuuhauugh *sniff* muuuhauugh huuah *sniff* ahuh' sounded a lot like vows to me."

Panel #6: "Shut up and go back to the kitchen, Jayden, nobody cares that you're talking again. You really shouldn't anyway. Let me be (vegan) METAL nerd nerd nerd metal. Because that's obviously what's needed here."

Panel #7: "Being \m/ metal \m/ is just contorting your fingers in the orcish defiance sign to say you ain't afraid of no callanian \m/ and elongating random syllaaaaaaaaaables, right? \m/ There's noooooooothing more to iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit! \m/ I'm so meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeetal."

This is the most terrible Deegan of the week, and the week isn't over yet!
    Quote Originally Posted by Midnight Roamer View Post
    I think he did the only morally acceptable thing by killing everyone.
    Hark! An avatar drawn by Kate Beaton!

28. - Top - End - #1048

So, this is another tenet of the Luanian faith, I guess, which is that you can just slap two people with a marriage, and bam. Married. Given that the Luanians are apparently not averse to drinking and practical jokes, I imagine there are entire communities of people who were just married by a Luanian in a drunken rage.
    "Barman! Get me summoooooor lavger!"
    "No, your holiness, I'm cutting you off."
    "S-ssshut up! NOW YOU'RE MARRIED TO THAT CHAIR."

Which raises the question of man where do traditional marriages even come from if it's this easy to just slap one together?

Also, were you guys (Silent Jay and Smug) just standing there listening the whole time? Seriously? Or did they just come in at the key moment and decide to break a vow of silence to marry these two lunatics? Which would be more nonsensical?
    Last edited by rocketpony; 2011-12-15 at 07:32 AM.
    Who makes fabulous avatars? MEMNARCH makes fabulous avatars!

29. - Top - End - #1049
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by The Succubus View Post
    This week's comics have actually made me feel physically nauseous. Bravo Mookie. I think I'd like to formally submit my application to the Dominic Deegan Snarky Society please.
    You're not the only one

Still, welcome to the thread

Re: Comic
    Doesn't Mookie have a wife now? Couldn't she slap him upside the head and point out how terrible the last three panels were? Hell, the last one doesn't even make a whole lot of sense unless (a) Jayden is going to be really pissed off that Greg was a jerk and (b) Greg just turns his "metal" on and off like a faucet. I mean, look at how calm he is after being "metal" -- shouldn't he still have some SmugGreg going on?
    Lead Designer for Oracle Hunter Games
    Today a Blog, Tomorrow a Business!

~ Awesome Avatar by the phantastic Phase ~
    Spoiler
    Show

Elflad

30. - Top - End - #1050
    Ogre in the Playground

It's funny if you watch all of last week's strips in a row:

Bad vision, throwing up.
    We're in danger!
    We're happy!
    I'm crying!
    You're married!
    METAL!!!

Keep in mind that all this took about a minute in story time.