New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 37 of 50 FirstFirst ... 12272829303132333435363738394041424344454647 ... LastLast
Results 1,081 to 1,110 of 1485
  1. - Top - End - #1081
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: Dominic Deegan: Oracle for Hire, Mk. XLI: No Morals! No Quarter! All Brutal!

Quote Originally Posted by Helanna View Post
    Is there anyone, in all of fiction, more unlikable than Smug!Greg?
    Sosuke Aizen, Sasuke Uchiha, Rayne from Least I Could Do, Bella Swan, Edward Cullen, Eragon, Anakin Skywalker, Jar-Jar Binks.

Just off the top of my head, but it's not illustrious company to look down on.
    Holy crap, I have a blog!

When one has made a decision to kill a person, even if it will be very difficult to succeed by advancing straight ahead, it will not do to think about doing it in a long, roundabout way. One's heart may slacken, he may miss his chance, and by and large there will be no success. The Way of the Samurai is one of immediacy, and it is best to dash in headlong.

2. - Top - End - #1082
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: Dominic Deegan: Oracle for Hire, Mk. XLI: No Morals! No Quarter! All Brutal!

Quote Originally Posted by BlackDragonKing View Post
    Sosuke Aizen, Sasuke Uchiha, Rayne from Least I Could Do, Bella Swan, Edward Cullen, Eragon, Anakin Skywalker, Jar-Jar Binks.

I would actually argue that Jar-Jar is less obnoxious than Greg, as is Anakin in everything but Episode 2.

Otherwise, though, I'll give the list to you.
    If you like my thoughts, you'll love my writing. Visit me at www.mishahandman.com.

3. - Top - End - #1083
    Titan in the Playground

dude…..Jar-Jar Binks was awesome…...
    I'm also on discord as "raziere".

4. - Top - End - #1084

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Raziere View Post
    dude…..Jar-Jar Binks was awesome…...
    You take that back.
    Previous Avatars:
    Spoiler
    Show

Old Avatar by PersonalSaivor.

Ponytar by akrim.elf

Quote Originally Posted by The Lost Eyeball
    Long separated by cruel fate, the star-crossed lovers raced across the grassy field toward each other like two freight trains, one having left Cleveland at 6:36 p.m. traveling at 55 mph, the other from Topeka at 4:19 p.m. at a speed of 35 mph.

5. - Top - End - #1085
    Titan in the Playground

*crushes your hopes and dreams with my iron fist*

NO.
    I'm also on discord as "raziere".

6. - Top - End - #1086
    Barbarian in the Playground

MindFlayer

here's how Jayden REALLY wanted to end today's comic

Spoiler
    Show

7. - Top - End - #1087
    Dwarf in the Playground

ClericGuy

I don't know...to me Greg seems at least as unlikeable as all those listed.
    Insert witty phrase here.

8. - Top - End - #1088
    Colossus in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Trazoi View Post
    Mookie found a new way to make SmugGreg more annoying. Does that count?
    ...Ooo, tempting. Is it a new infinitely more punchable face than the last infinitely punchable one?
    Quote Originally Posted by Keld Denar View Post
    +3 Girlfriend is totally unoptimized. You are better off with a +1 Keen Witty girlfriend and then appling Greater Magic Make-up to increase her enhancement bonus.
    Homebrew
    To Do: Reboot and finish Riptide

9. - Top - End - #1089
    Colossus in the Playground

You know, id stipulate that sasuke is only more annoying than smurg in fanfiction when the author grotesquely exaggerates his behavior.

Anakin is not even close to as annoying in episode 1, but 2? Oh hell yes. No, please annie, keep whining about sand in your clothes, that'll land padmes panties on the floor in no time. Jar jar was just stupid, Eragorn needs to be punchy mcstonefisted in the jewels even more than dominic. I like Rayne, and I dont care who knows it. I know nothing of twilight but those names and id like to keep it that way.
    "Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum Europae vincendarum"
    Translation: "Sometimes I get this urge to conquer large parts of Europe."

Quote Originally Posted by Nerd-o-rama View Post
    Traab is yelling everything that I'm thinking already.
    "If you don't get those cameras out of my face, I'm gonna go 8.6 on the Richter scale with gastric emissions that'll clear this room."

10. - Top - End - #1090

I might agree with Eragon, but I'd still rank Greg as worse than everyone else on that list. In my opinion, Bella and Edward are far too bland to dislike this much, Sasuke is just kind of annoying and whiny, and Jar-Jar is just more 'mildly irritating' (to me) than soul-crushingly awful.

Plus, Greg has the added hatred of being totally derailed. Hey, remember when he was just a crippled boy who wanted to help people? It is really, really hard to believe that this Greg is the same as the one in today's comic.

11. - Top - End - #1091
    Titan in the Playground

Goblin

Quote Originally Posted by Traab View Post
    I like Rayne, and I dont care who knows it.
    I want it on the record that Traab's signature is not applicable to this post.
    Spoiler
    Show

Stealthy Snake avatar by Dawn
    Lack of images by Imageshack

12. - Top - End - #1092

AssassinGuy

The difference is that those characters come from works that have redeeming qualities to make up for their awfulness, like other characters that are actually interesting, pretty artwork, decent heartwrenching storytelling, etc.

DD sorely lacks any of those. And Greg is still the worst part of the strip.

13. - Top - End - #1093
    Firbolg in the Playground

GnomeWizardGuy

Sneaky Gate
    Future Link

So yes, SmugGreg is still blatantly Mookie. Seriously, it's the only way this makes even a tiny bit of sense. "GET MARRIED NOW, MY PRETTIES! ROCK ON."

14. - Top - End - #1094

@M84: Twillight has no redeeming qualities. Neither does Eragon. I'm going to have to side with BDK for those two.

Also,

AHH LUNA'S EATING HIS FACE

Future Link

Edit: Curse you, Ninja Eagle!

But seriously, DD kissing freaks me out. Their snouts look like they're fitting together like pieces is a jigsaw puzzle or a tangram.
    Last edited by colonelslime; 2011-12-16 at 01:41 AM.
    "Sanity is not statistical."
    - George Orwell, 1984

15. - Top - End - #1095

BlueWizardGirl

They all have the same face.

16. - Top - End - #1096
    Orc in the Playground

Greg? What Greg? I see only a banana.

Spoiler
    Show
    With Open Eyes
    A terribly formatted, unfinished site containing a bad comic.
    Oh and I also have a dA account.
    ---

17. - Top - End - #1097

Quote Originally Posted by Toast1862 View Post
    Greg? What Greg? I see only a banana.

*Snipped awesomeness*
    Banana sure is an awesome character. I'd read a comic about him any day.

I like the tusk-wounds too. It's nice to see consistency in narrative elements.

@Feedlefew V: Buried into Dominic's other cheek, I'd imagine. It's hard to be sure, give the non-euclidean nature of the kiss.
    Last edited by colonelslime; 2011-12-16 at 01:45 AM.
    - George Orwell, 1984

18. - Top - End - #1098

BlueWizardGirl

Where is Luna's other tusk supposed to be, exactly?

19. - Top - End - #1099

Quote Originally Posted by M84 View Post
    The difference is that those characters come from works that have redeeming qualities to make up for their awfulness, like other characters that are actually interesting, pretty artwork, decent heartwrenching storytelling, etc.

DD sorely lacks any of those. And Greg is still the worst part of the strip.
    Twilight and the Star Wars Prequels exist in a void of negative quality that Dominic Deegan sometimes sees through the bottom of its boat, like the shadow of an unimaginable leviathan you glimpse far below the surface of the lake just for an instant. They can see each other sometimes, but Dominic Deegan remains so far above them there is no interaction.

Eragon's also worse, but it's a very similar kind of badness.

Bleach is Dominic Deegan if it had good art and made ridiculous amounts of money. With the quality of the writing sometimes, it interests me that nobody can recall ever seeing Mookie and Tite Kubo in the same room...
    Holy crap, I have a blog!

When one has made a decision to kill a person, even if it will be very difficult to succeed by advancing straight ahead, it will not do to think about doing it in a long, roundabout way. One's heart may slacken, he may miss his chance, and by and large there will be no success. The Way of the Samurai is one of immediacy, and it is best to dash in headlong.

20. - Top - End - #1100

Twilight and the Star Wars Prequels exist in a void of negative quality that Dominic Deegan sometimes sees through the bottom of its boat, like the shadow of an unimaginable leviathan you glimpse far below the surface of the lake just for an instant. They can see each other sometimes, but Dominic Deegan remains so far above them there is no interaction.

Bleach is Dominic Deegan if it had good art and made ridiculous amounts of money. With the quality of the writing sometimes, it interests me that nobody can recall ever seeing Mookie and Tite Kubo in the same room...
    Agreed on all counts. I only gave Anakin and Jar-Jar Binks a pass because the Star Wars franchise as a whole is not bad, and some extended universe stuff that came out of the prequels is pretty cool.
    - George Orwell, 1984

21. - Top - End - #1101
    Orc in the Playground

Twilight is similar *to dominic deegan* in that, at first glance, it seems like harmless junk. There's nothing good in it, but there's nothing harmful. Right?

But then you start finding out about tubdead and black people turning white when they become vampires and the jocks and that women aren't real women if they can't have babies and you look at it closely and a single eye stares back in the dark.

Edit: **
    Last edited by Toast1862; 2011-12-16 at 01:52 AM.
    With Open Eyes
    ---

22. - Top - End - #1102

Twilight is similar in that, at first glance, it seems like harmless junk. There's nothing good in it, but there's nothing harmful. Right?

But then you start finding out about tubdead and black people turning white when they become vampires and the jocks and that women aren't real women if they can't have babies and you look at it closely and a single eye stares back in the dark.
    Don't forget "stalking and possessive behaviour is love". Oh, and vampire c-section. And native american werewolves.
    - George Orwell, 1984

23. - Top - End - #1103

GnomeWizardGuy

I haven't read Twilight, but I do get Star Wars Prequel vibes from current Dominic Deegan's writing, with the messed up idiot plots and the barely-qualifies-as-protagonists with questionable moral values. I'll grant Mookie can write better romance than George Lucas (which isn't saying much - a waffle iron could write better romance than Lucas).
    Last edited by Trazoi; 2011-12-16 at 01:55 AM.

24. - Top - End - #1104
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by colonelslime View Post
    Don't forget "stalking and possessive behaviour is love". Oh, and vampire c-section. And native american werewolves.
    Don't forget the pedophilia!! And that's just the start-- don't look too closely at Bella as a character or the slime rot will get in your eye.
    With Open Eyes
    ---

25. - Top - End - #1105

Don't forget the pedophilia!! And that's just the start-- don't look too closely at Bella as a character or the slime rot will get in your eye.
    Oh yeah, I forgot about that JacobxBella's Daughter thing. I might have deliberately expunged it from my memory.

When you realize that Stephanie Meyer says that Bella is based on her....
    - George Orwell, 1984

26. - Top - End - #1106
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by colonelslime View Post
    Oh yeah, I forgot about that JacobxBella's Daughter thing. I might have deliberately expunged it from my memory.

When you realize that Stephanie Meyer says that Bella is based on her....
    There's also another werewolf that claimed a toddler as his wife without consent-- ahem, I mean, imprinted, which is like totally romantic and destined and stuff, onto a toddler. *gag*
    With Open Eyes
    ---

27. - Top - End - #1107

There's also another werewolf that claimed a toddler as his wife without consent-- ahem, I mean, imprinted, which is like totally romantic and destined and stuff, onto a toddler. *gag*
    Yeah, and Bella is totally cool with Jacob imprinting on her daughter. That's the guys she was romantically involved with. Awesome parenting, Bella!

(I had also forgotten that Meyer actually included an imprinting as an example/explanation (examplanantion?) of imprinting, so that you think it's all the more romantic when Jacob does it. When you realize that that was her solution to not going with the non-stalker fans preferred...)

See people, this is why you don't say Twilight has redeeming qualities. It forces people like me and Toast to prove you wrong, since I'm sure she has friends who inexplicably liked the books, requiring a thorough dissection to reveal to them the error of their views.
    Last edited by colonelslime; 2011-12-16 at 02:14 AM.
    - George Orwell, 1984

28. - Top - End - #1108

AssassinGuy

I said they had redeeming qualities. I didn't say they were good.

Twilight and Eragon have some interesting side characters, like Murtagh in Eragon. They're still highly flawed works though. Twilight is basically everything wrong with the supernatural romance genre. Eragon is the same thing for the fantasy genre.

The Star Wars Prequels weren't great, but they had some genuinely heartwrenching moments. And I enjoyed the Anakin vs. Obiwan duel -- the only reason I watched the Prequels was to see the buildup to that moment.

Least I Could Do has a pretty annoying protagonist, but the parts of the strip that don't focus on him tend to be okay. And I like his interactions with his niece. The artwork also looks like there's some actual effort put into it too.

Bleach and Naruto are definitely hit or miss for me. But at least there ARE hits.

I honestly can't think of anything I non-ironically enjoy about DD anymore. I think I reached that point around the time of "Facebath". And that's the real reason I hate Smug!Greg more than anyone else on the list. His very presence brings DD down to "Star Wars Holiday Special" bad.

29. - Top - End - #1109

GnomeWizardGuy

Ugh, I just read the newspost. I'm not going to post it here because it's annoying, even though it would break up the Twilight derail.

But really Mookie, Dom and Luna are okay with an impromptu wedding forced on them all of a sudden? Silly me, of course they are, because you're there in SmugGreg form forcing them to be.

Despite not caring about the characters, I can't get over how Mookie keeps making them more and more like his own doll set. They're going to be having tea parties with Raggedy Ann next.
    Last edited by Trazoi; 2011-12-16 at 02:26 AM.

30. - Top - End - #1110
    Titan in the Playground

I reiterate that I would rather have this than a Lynn Johnston-style wedding arc any day of the week. That's the one good thing I'm taking away from this.
    In the Beginning Was the Word, and the Word Was Suck: A Guide to Truenamers

Quote Originally Posted by Doc Roc View Post
    Gentlefolk, learn from Zaq's example, and his suffering. Remember, seven out of eleven players who use truenamer lose their ability to taste ice cream.
    My compiled Iron Chef stuff!

~ Gay all day, queer all year ~