New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 5 of 19 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #121
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: [Nexus] Slii Arhem's Plots

[The Land Between]

The gloamings bring out lots of stuff to put on the table from out behind the trees where they were stashed. After all, you have to wait until everybody is seated to serve them. That's a human thing, right? Right?

Mostly, they actually are food items, but you occasionally see something different. Such as one Gloaming having the only thing he gets being a small part from an engine, still covered in oil.

Kate on the other hand they apparently realized would need more food considering her size, and since she doesn't have ULTRA STRONG GLOAMING TEETH, RAWR, they are all soft items, which translates to actual foods. However, they all taste different from what they really should.

Mintbalm, for example, gets a small bushel of berries, each of which tastes like something different. Kate, on the other hand, gets a few things. The first is a simple trout, which if Kate eats it it'll taste sweet and pleasant. Next is some Lettuce that tastes like ice cream, Pastrami flavoured bread, and finally a muffin.. that tastes like a half remembered dream. delicious, and nostalgic.

The gloamings dig in, apparently seriously enjoying their meal.
    If You need me to post somewhere, drop me a message, please

Awesome avatar by the wondrous Kurien.

2. - Top - End - #122
    Bugbear in the Playground

[Time Tower]

"I think the way maybe allways the same, the ticking just changes the start."

Mr. c is as far as I know on level 5 as well, the whole time Reinhold is doing his stuff.^^
    Grammer is my declared deadly enemy!

Let's PLay's in German Take a Look at Bravely Default.

Nexus Characters: LINK

3. - Top - End - #123
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Zefir View Post
    [Time Tower]

"I think the way maybe allways the same, the ticking just changes the start."

Mr. c is as far as I know on level 5 as well, the whole time Reinholdt is doing his stuff.^^
    That would be correct as far as I'm aware.

"Mmm... I don't think so. If there's a single left turn or right turn, it makes the outer edges the wrong choices. And if there's two of them, well..."

Quote Originally Posted by Slii Arhem View Post
    Spoiler
    Show

{table=head]Map|A|B|C|D|E
    1|4/5|2/3|4|1/4|4/9
    2|4/11|1 1/3|1|1 1/3|4
    3|2|4/7|2/3|1|2/5
    4|2/3|1|1/2|2|2
    5|4|2|1 1/3|4/13|4/5
    6|1/2|4/5|1|4|1[/table]
    For my personal reference.
    Step 1 - C6 - Fail
    Step 2 - D6 - Fail
    Step 3 - B6 - Pass
    Step 4 - B5 - Pass
    Step 5 - B4 - Fail
    Step 6 - B6 - Fail
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok View Post
    Gods, Reinholdt was right, a hundred percent right.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Quote Originally Posted by Supagoof View Post
    Tale as old as thread
    And you find yourself dead
    Reinholdt was the Beast
    Quote Originally Posted by Philistine View Post
    Reinholdt had already told the truth once in that post, and therefore was over his annual quota.

4. - Top - End - #124
    Barbarian in the Playground

The Land Between

Mintbalm tucks into her food, delighting at each new flavor and smiling at her hosts through a massive coating of sticky juices.

"It's really good!"

Not really much more for her to do for now.
    Julie, everyone's nth favorite succubus, by Gulaghar.
    An amazing Misha, Mimi, and Riss painting done by Ofride.
    For anyone in plots run by me, know that I always tailor solutions to those in the plot. The answer may not be obvious, but it's there, and doable by the displayed abilities of the present characters. If you need help or hints, I'll try to be available to provide them.

5. - Top - End - #125
    Dwarf in the Playground

The Land Between

Kate will try each of the items. She's never had trout before, but she doubts that this is what it usually tastes like. This suspicion is reinforced throughout this odd-tasting meal.

She only takes on bit of the lettuce, not eating any more after the first bite. The cognitive dissonance is a bit much for her.

The pastrami flavored bread is also a surprise, but Kate has no trouble eating that. The muffin is eaten slowly, as Kate tries to figure out the flavor. It's kind of confusing, as would be expected from any flavor so odd. What's worse is that she's pretty sure the flavor is familiar, but can't think of where she could have possibly come across it.

Kate finishes and stacks up any dishes. "Thank you very much. It was nice, and interesting."

6. - Top - End - #126
    Ogre in the Playground

[The Land Between]

the gloamings, having finished their own meals, will then move along the table over to Kate, "Hey, big lady! Wanna play a game?"

"Yeah, Kate, wanna play a game with us?" It's Leafwatch saying this one.

Six huge sets of yellow eyes watch kate with hope. If she denies them their game, they'll change to puppy dog eyes, all of which are insanely cute and difficult to deny a second time!

7. - Top - End - #127
    Dwarf in the Playground

The Land Between

Kate has it within her, through the power of logic, to defy puppy dog eyes. However, this honestly doesn't matter.

"Well, what kind of game is it? Are there a lot of rules, or are there very few rules?"

Without a reason to deny them anything, Kate is at least curious to find out what kind of game it is.

8. - Top - End - #128
    Ogre in the Playground

[The Land Between]

"We don't like having lots of rules," Leafwatch says, "We take three things from you, and you get three things back from us! Those are the rules!"

That was pretty much an agreement, right?

Yeah, totally!

The six gloamings surge forward, four of them trying to get up onto Kate's arms and shoulders, and a pair trying to go for her chest. If they are successful, they will draw three things out of kate. The first is her hair color, though not the glowing part of it. As this happens, it would leave her hair a dazzling pure white, lacking any colors at all. the second, is her skin texture, leaving her skin frictionless and pale(er). Finally, the two that were pulling at her chest will reach in and take forth... her gender, leaving Kate entirely without.

The things they've taken away look like glowing white orbs, and As quickly as they moved forward, they all start running in a certain direction away from Kate. This should take all of a couple seconds to manage, and the running will give Kate a good direction to follow.
    Last edited by Halae; 2012-01-19 at 04:14 PM.

9. - Top - End - #129
    Dwarf in the Playground

The Land Between

"Huh?"

Kate gets up and shifts uncomfortably. She doesn't really know what all was stolen, but they were metaphysical representations of things, so they're probably important.

Kate will dash forward, trying to garb any of the little fairies right off the bat. Unfortunately, Kate waited a bit too long and only particularly slow Gloamlings are really at risk here.

10. - Top - End - #130
    Ogre in the Playground

[The Land Between]

Kate will just barely not catch the gloaming that's coming in last behind the rest, one of the females. Kate will almost catch her, before she ducks down a hole. if she thinks about it, this is the same direction that the other gloamings were running towards, so it suggests they all went down this hole.

If Kate attempts to reach down into the hole, she'll find that it's a tight fit but she'll be able to go down, despite the fact that it's the size of a gopher hole.

all in all, this little chase took maybe a minute or two, not including the time Kate spends trying to decide what to do about following the gloamings down into the hole.

11. - Top - End - #131
    Dwarf in the Playground

The Land Between

Kate sighs. Magic fairy stuff...

Okay, damage report. No pain, that's good! Her hair is now white... very white. Not even platinum blonde white, or old person white, it is VERY white. Pure white. Her skin is smooth. Not frictionless, but just... it doesn't really have a feeling.

Kate also notices that her proportions have changed... and after a moment she feels an anatomical change she doesn't want to double-check. Kate now has the body type of those androgynous anime people and the details of a barbie doll.

Kate goes over to her backpack. "Mintbalm, please please watch my stuff while I'm gone."

She puts the third arm on her back and worms into the magic hole...

12. - Top - End - #132
    Barbarian in the Playground

The Land Between

Mintbalm frowns at Kate's new features. The gloamings took away her favorite parts of Kate! Never the less, she gives a quick, "Okie-doke!" and settles in to wait, no matter how much she wants to teach the gloamings a lesson for ruining her "date" like this.

Hopefully Kate will come out of that hole okay.
    Julie, everyone's nth favorite succubus, by Gulaghar.
    An amazing Misha, Mimi, and Riss painting done by Ofride.
    For anyone in plots run by me, know that I always tailor solutions to those in the plot. The answer may not be obvious, but it's there, and doable by the displayed abilities of the present characters. If you need help or hints, I'll try to be available to provide them.

13. - Top - End - #133
    Ogre in the Playground

[The Land Between]

Shortly after Kate enters, the cavern expands until it becomes an actual cave rather than a simple hole in the ground.

As Kate looks around, she'll See the six Gloamings jittering around the sides of the cavern, giggling to themselves. there are six different piles of glowing white orbs, each of which are fairly high. After a moment, Leafwatch comes over to Kate and pulls on her pant leg, "Kate! It's time to play! We took three things from you, so you take three things from us! Once you leave, the games over and you keep whatever you took, but you can keep deciding while you're down here, 'kay?"

"That pile there is colors, that pile is textures of skin, that one there is genders, the next one is sizes, and finally that one is dreams!"

14. - Top - End - #134
    Dwarf in the Playground

The Land Between

"Can I just get my things back? I don't want someone else's hair color, skin texture, or gender. Or dreams. Or sizes."

Kate examines the piles. She's trying to note if any of the orbs stand out to her... like they're hers.

If not, she's going to have a problem, isn't she?

15. - Top - End - #135
    Ogre in the Playground

[The Land Between]

"Nuh uh!" Leafwatch says, "That's not the game! you gotta choose! We took three things, you can have three things back! We can keep playing until you get what you want though!" Leafwatch seems to like this idea. Yay for more playing and stealing stuff!

16. - Top - End - #136
    Dwarf in the Playground

The Land Between

Kate will sigh. Why? Because she stepped into the fairy realm.

She will go over to the first pile. So, somewhere in this pile is her hair color? She always liked her hair color...

She will try to look at the orbs, try to tell the difference between them. Lacking any kind of deciding factor, she will pick one off the top and look at it.

"So... how does this work?"

17. - Top - End - #137
    Ogre in the Playground

[The Land Between]

"Just put it on your head, silly! It'll sink into your hair!" all the gloamings giggle then, since it was just so obvious.

If Kate follows leafwatch's instruction, the orb will indeed sink into Kate's hair... leaving it a bright neon green, which is helped even more by the fact that it still glows.

18. - Top - End - #138
    Dwarf in the Playground

The Land Between

She does so.

"GAH! Wrong one." She will then try to pick up Leafwatch in her third arm and holds her close to her hair. "Could you remove it, please?"

She looks at the other gloamings. "I hope you all are willing to stick around, I'm willing to go through every orb in this place to get my proper self back."

She will place the neon green orb all by itself, off to the side...

And she will proceed to go through every orb in that pile if she needs to to get to her original hair color. I'm not even kidding. It will be tedious, boring, and Kate can and will do it.

Oh, and Leafwatch may find herself held tightly so that she can't just worm out of Kate's hand. She started this, she's gong to finish it.

19. - Top - End - #139
    Ogre in the Playground

[The Land Between]

He. Leafwatch is male. "Nope! Choose three things. if you aren't happy, I'll take them off, but only three things!" Leafwatch grins. He's aware of who exactly is holding the cards here.
    Last edited by Halae; 2012-01-19 at 05:32 PM.

20. - Top - End - #140
    Dwarf in the Playground

The Land Between

Kate looks at the Gloaming. she is quiet a long time. He left eye twitches.

"WHAT!?!"

Kate shakes a bit as she forces (FORCES!) herself to calm down. Several deep breaths.

"Okay... okay. Let me think."

Kate is looking Leafwatch in his big, yellow eyes. Something tells him that she does not see him as cute right now, and no amount of puppy eyes will change that.

21. - Top - End - #141
    Ogre in the Playground

[The Land Between]

The other gloamings have scattered. They don't want to get eaten or whatever Kate might do to them.

Leafwatch looks surprised, and just a little terrified. He hadn't expected Kate to be so scary.

22. - Top - End - #142
    Dwarf in the Playground

The Land Between

"I'm sorry I scared you, but... grah. How would you like it if someone took your eye color, skin texture, and your teeth? And put them in a big room like this, full of funny versions of your stuff, so the first thing you try makes your eyes plaid?"

Kate takes deep breaths. This is upsetting her more than she's comfortable with... She's always been happy with her body shape and hair color... and the skin texture is kind of notable. She's not as attached to it, but she liked it.

"Okay. Okay, so I'm on your turf. Do you know which ones are mine? If you do, we can bargain."
    She draws that word out, gives it a certain weight. Calm down, Kate, calm down... Don't threaten the fairy with bodily harm...

23. - Top - End - #143
    Ogre in the Playground

[The Land Between]

Leafwatch looks towards the piles of glowing orbs, then back to Kate, then to the orbs, then back to Kate, "Nope. And yeah, it would be pretty funny."

24. - Top - End - #144
    Dwarf in the Playground

The Land Between

Kate looks at Leafwatch. Then at the orbs. Back at leafwatch, and back at the orbs. "You... don't. You have no clue. There is no way for you to tell me which of those orbs are mine."

Kate begins shaking slightly. "You don't know-at all-and you have no way to tell. D...do I-I Un-nders-stand this... right?"

25. - Top - End - #145
    Ogre in the Playground

[The Land Between]

Leafwatch looks on in horror. Oh dear gods, she's going to crush him to death. She's so angry that she may very well kill him over her appearance.

"I-I, uhm, I might be able to, uh, narrow it down?" Yes! Compromise! Do something! Anything!"

26. - Top - End - #146
    Bugbear in the Playground

[Time Tower]

"Let's try out something."

Since the clock only moved after the B4 fail Mr. C assumes A6 is save and will try to reach to that gear.
    ((Question: How could someone move on these gears only from one field to another or could I also go from A6 to E5?))
    Grammer is my declared deadly enemy!

Let's PLay's in German Take a Look at Bravely Default.

Nexus Characters: LINK

27. - Top - End - #147
    Dwarf in the Playground

The Land Between

Kate doesn't want to crush Leafwatch.

Okay, on some level? Yes, she does. She wants to break his legs. And his teeth, each and every pointy one. One by one, and make sure to get deep enough to-

No. Kate drops Leafwatch. She will not succumb to temptation, especially not that one.

And she cries. Great wracking sobs. She sits down and cries. And, eventually, she begins to crawl away... toward the tunnel entrance.

"If I care about my body at all, I lose it. If I say I don't care, they mess with it. I wind up getting redefined by anyone that I meet... and then I say, I'll continue on, I'll try some new things, and life slaps me again. I need to stop caring. If I don't even care about my body-"

Kate has a flash back to when she met Harnel... and proceeded to try and kill him because someone mind controlled her to. Logic is thrown to the wind in favor of paranoia.

"If I don't care about my body, they might start on my mind."

28. - Top - End - #148
    Ogre in the Playground

[The Land Between]

It's at this point that the gloamings realize just how bad they've done, and the fact that Kate isn't really going to hurt them, and so they start crawling out of the nooks and crannies that they've been hiding in.

"Kate?" it looks like they're all following her lead in crying, "W-we just wanted to play a game. We'll fix it, we promise. We just need to test for the right ones."

And that's a fey promise. It won't be broken.

29. - Top - End - #149
    Dwarf in the Playground

The Land Between

Kate looks at the little dark fey. Her cheeks are stained with tears, and her voice is still shuddery.

"You will? You promise? This... isn't a trick?"

Kate doesn't appear to quite believe them... but there is a bit of hope in her eyes.

30. - Top - End - #150
    Ogre in the Playground

[The Land Between]

Leafwatch nods vigorously, "Yeah, watch!"

And so, that's what the gloamings do. First, the start by taking everything out of themselves, particularly their skin, their hair color, and their genders, placing them off against the wall, leaving them white skinned with white hair... virtually indistinguishable from one another. And then they start picking orbs out of the piles at random. Leafwatch will pick up a ball, suddenly turning his hair Blue, to the giggles of the other gloamings, "Gotta have blue hair."

the next gloaming pulls up a bunch of different colors and plops them down onto her head all at once, creating a rainbow effect. Another gloaming rushes over to her and knocks her down, looking through her hair colors, "Kate! I found it! I found your hair!" He seems excited, and the female laying on the ground under him is giving of a pouty grumpy face, which all in all looks ridiculous. Still, they found her hair color, right?