New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 10 of 51 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718192035 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #271
    Bugbear in the Playground

BardGuy

Default Re: Skyrim III: I took an arrow to the knee, then I reversed a meme.

I'm sure this has been answered somewhere, but rather than trawl through 109 pages of thread, I thought I would just ask again. Where are good places to get crafting materials? I just got access to making Elven stuff, and I can't know anywhere to look for materials.

2. - Top - End - #272
    Ettin in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Check here for mine locations. I'd go into more detail, but I wouldn't want to spoil it. Heheh.

3. - Top - End - #273
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Calemyr View Post
    Which is kinda funny, because people complain too loudly about how the only practical way to play most games is to be good-aligned, that evil gets sub-par goals and unsatisfying conclusions when the whole point of being evil is fun and quick and easy power. Finally a game comes out that supports good ole fashioned evil PCs and players find they can't stomach it. It is gorgeous, it really is.
    In most games, alignment isn't made a real choice. You can be a good conversationalist who saves the world, or a bad conversationalist who saves the world. Then there are morality bar, angel-or-demon systems of alignment that realistically force the player to be either a perfect goody-two-shoes or a perfect b***ard because that's how you get all the alignment-associated powerups--neutrality and gray morality have no benefits. Skyrim has yet a third kind of problem where being a b***ard is interesting because it nets you all sorts of cool storylines, but being good is boring because there aren't any corresponding storylines for it. Yeah, you have the main quest, but nothing about being a b***ard stops you from doing it.
    Last edited by Math_Mage; 2011-12-09 at 07:08 PM.

4. - Top - End - #274
    Ettin in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Math_Mage View Post
    In most games, alignment isn't made a real choice. You can be a good conversationalist who saves the world, or a bad conversationalist who saves the world. Then there are morality bar, angel-or-demon systems of alignment that realistically force the player to be either a perfect goody-two-shoes or a perfect b***ard. Skyrim has yet a third kind of problem where being a b***ard is interesting because it nets you all sorts of cool storylines, but being good is boring because there aren't any corresponding storylines for it. Yeah, you have the main quest, but nothing about being a b***ard stops you from doing it.
    Other than the Thieves Guild and the Daedric quests, I don't know what you mean. You can be a champion of the Imperial Legion, the hero of the Stormcloaks, there's nothing inherently evil about the Companions, and most of the guild stuff (even the Thieves Guild) is on the white side of grey in any event. The deepest and darkest evils outside of the Daedric quests are the Dark Brotherhood, and you can manipulate the questline towards their destruction or towards their goals. Even the Daedra have good-aligned counterparts: Agent of Dibella and Agent of Mara come to mind readily, and are really more useful than just about anything the Daedra offer other than the generally benevolent Azura and Meridia.

It's not like the weapons and armor they offer are worth a whit - nifty features, effectively useless artifacts. Even the Ebony Mail is more trouble than it's worth, since the smoke makes it very difficult to aim a bow in first person.
    Last edited by Calemyr; 2011-12-09 at 07:15 PM.

5. - Top - End - #275
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Gaelbert View Post
    Why are there Imperials in the Rift? Is there some sort of change in control as you progress through the main quest?
    There is also another way to do it.
    Spoiler
    Show
    If you don't do the war campaign at all or at least don't get further than the Whiterun bit, you can cede over Riften to the imperials during peace talks.
    If God had wanted you to live he would not have created me!

6. - Top - End - #276
    Ettin in the Playground

Is there any way to get unenchanted Master Robes? I'm doing some custom enchanting but all the clothing looks pretty terrible.
    Thanks to Veera for the avatar.

I keep my stories in a blog. You should read them.

5E Sorcerous Origin: Arcanist

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by ClericofPhwarrr View Post
    Dhavaer, your ideas are like candy from the sky, sprinkled lightly with cinnamon.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gwyn chan 'r Gwyll View Post
    Wow. Badass without being flashy and showy, attractive while remaining classy. Bravo Dhavaer.
    Quote Originally Posted by Psyren View Post
    ...Why do I imagine you licking your lips and rubbing your hands together?

7. - Top - End - #277
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Dhavaer View Post
    Is there any way to get unenchanted Master Robes? I'm doing some custom enchanting but all the clothing looks pretty terrible.
    I thought that the robes were a big step up from past robes. I hate dresses

8. - Top - End - #278
    Banned

I thought that the robes were a big step up from past robes. I hate dresses

9. - Top - End - #279
    Ogre in the Playground

So... is anyone else slightly unnerved by the way that committing petty crime tends to result in visits from nasty thugs despite all common sense? I was going along my merry way, being the best novice thief I could be and building up my pickpocketing and lockpicking skills on some easy targets when, outside of Riften, I find myself brutally murdered by hitmen which I am totally unprepared to take on in any kind of fight. After doing some fiddling with the console commands to kill them and find out what dastard sent them after me, I was hoping that they would at least be from the well-off store owners and inkeepers who I had terrorized as part of my initiation to the Thieves' Guild, right? Because that would, y'know, make sense and seem appropriate for the situation.

Looks like the old beggar lady who I silently pickpocketed two gold coins from with no witnesses is actually a psychic detective with a thing for disproportionate revenge and finding hitmen cheap enough to hire with her beggar's income.
    High School Harem Comedy, my original game system!

10. - Top - End - #280
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

Quote Originally Posted by A Rainy Knight View Post
    So... is anyone else slightly unnerved by the way that committing petty crime tends to result in visits from nasty thugs despite all common sense? I was going along my merry way, being the best novice thief I could be and building up my pickpocketing and lockpicking skills on some easy targets when, outside of Riften, I find myself brutally murdered by hitmen which I am totally unprepared to take on in any kind of fight. After doing some fiddling with the console commands to kill them and find out what dastard sent them after me, I was hoping that they would at least be from the well-off store owners and inkeepers who I had terrorized as part of my initiation to the Thieves' Guild, right? Because that would, y'know, make sense and seem appropriate for the situation.

Looks like the old beggar lady who I silently pickpocketed two gold coins from with no witnesses is actually a psychic detective with a thing for disproportionate revenge and finding hitmen cheap enough to hire with her beggar's income.
    Well, you know how it is. Those beggars have to be very hard on thieves! They wouldn't be able to eat otherwise!

She probably pooled whatever funds she had with the other beggars to knock off the misanthropic thief who would force another human being to starve for chump change.

11. - Top - End - #281
    Troll in the Playground

I don't know if you're playing on PC but this might be good for you.

⑨Strongest Ice⑨

12. - Top - End - #282
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by BladeofObliviom View Post
    Well, you know how it is. Those beggars have to be very hard on thieves! They wouldn't be able to eat otherwise!

She probably pooled whatever funds she had with the other beggars to knock off the misanthropic thief who would force another human being to starve for chump change.
    She could have been a professional panhandler who has a very unhealthy fondness for money. Perhaps stealing those two measly coins were akin to stealing two of her children that she would be willing to part with on her terms, though not yours.

13. - Top - End - #283
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Calemyr View Post
    Just found that out myself, actually. Makes the murder melee at the end of the first major Companions quest much more reasonable, though I electrocuted Falkas several times in the process.
    You mean Wack-a-Draugr? I loved that fight.
    Blizzard Battletag: UnderDog#21677

Shepard: "Wrex! Do we have mawsign?"
    Wrex: "Shepard, we have mawsign the likes of which even Reapers have never seen!"

14. - Top - End - #284
    Ogre in the Playground

You realize the only reason they're beggars is to have the power of the divines at their beck and call right? Why would you ever anger a beggar!?
    My deaths to wolves (or other evil night killers)
    Spoiler
    Show

Spytrap III, Ultimate Kaos II, Monty Python, Twin Village, Invasion of the Zombies: Outbreak, Vampires III

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow
    I think Lamech will make a great Sephiroth.
    A new New York IC OOC

15. - Top - End - #285
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Lamech View Post
    You realize the only reason they're beggars is to have the power of the divines at their beck and call right? Why would you ever anger a beggar!?
    What is this, ancient Greece?
    Mega-tar by AlterForm. Power Up!

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Xyk View Post
    I've always considered breakfast to be evil. Looking at me with it's bacon-smile, and it's sunny-side-up eyes. I know it's plotting something.
    Quote Originally Posted by tyckspoon View Post
    ..thank you, Deth Muncher. My life is richer for being aware of this. And weirder. ("You destroyed my friends! I will have my vengeance! Face the fury of my pelvic thrusts!" "Oh yeah? LAZOR!")
    Quote Originally Posted by golentan View Post
    You all are a terrible species. I'm going back to my fortress of misanthropy now.

16. - Top - End - #286

Quote Originally Posted by Deth Muncher View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Lamech View Post
    What is this, ancient Greece?
    I may need to sig this, with permission of course

17. - Top - End - #287
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Bad Situation View Post
    I don't know if you're playing on PC but this might be good for you.
    It is! Thanks. I'm now wandering around in custom enchanted Shrouded gear. Does anyone know somewhere I can reliably find hoodless Thalmor robes? All the Thalmor I find have the hooded version. I unfortunately didn't keep the ones from the College or Embassy.

Spoiler
    Show
    Dhavaer, your ideas are like candy from the sky, sprinkled lightly with cinnamon.
    Wow. Badass without being flashy and showy, attractive while remaining classy. Bravo Dhavaer.

18. - Top - End - #288
    Ogre in the Playground

It is! Thanks. I'm now wandering around in custom enchanted Shrouded gear. Does anyone know somewhere I can reliably find hoodless Thalmor robes? All the Thalmor I find have the hooded version. I unfortunately didn't keep the ones from the College or Embassy.
    No hoodless at the embassy?
    If God had wanted you to live he would not have created me!

19. - Top - End - #289

I have edited textures for the first time.

I now have white paladin-esque dragonplate armor. This is going somewhere terrible.
    "So...the orphan attacked you?
    "Aye"
    "And so you cut him down with your axe in self defense."
    "Aye..."
    "I don't believe you."
    "Damn...would ye believe that th' orphan was an alien?"
    "No"
    "Damn."

20. - Top - End - #290
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by nhbdy View Post
    I may need to sig this, with permission of course
    You have my permission.
    My deaths to wolves (or other evil night killers)
    Spoiler
    Show

Spytrap III, Ultimate Kaos II, Monty Python, Twin Village, Invasion of the Zombies: Outbreak, Vampires III

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow
    I think Lamech will make a great Sephiroth.
    A new New York IC OOC

21. - Top - End - #291
    Banned

Read the in-game book Beggar Prince, some beggars have friends in high places.

22. - Top - End - #292
    Titan in the Playground

I have just played with my first proper mod installed: Better Sorting, that helps with the inventory.

Also, not that anyone is interested, Urzul is getting good with the blade. If she could just get to skill lvl 40 so she can get that bound bow...
    Spoiler
    Show
    Blizzard Battletag: UnderDog#21677

Shepard: "Wrex! Do we have mawsign?"
    Wrex: "Shepard, we have mawsign the likes of which even Reapers have never seen!"

23. - Top - End - #293
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Anderlith View Post
    Read the in-game book Beggar Prince, some beggars have friends in high places.
    Okay, I'm officially never looking at a beggar the same way again.
    High School Harem Comedy, my original game system!

24. - Top - End - #294
    Banned

So I don't know if anyone has this down on a list but. Rule #17 of Skyrim- Beware of Bears, they are more deadly than dragons. (In fact I believe the next Elder Scrolls came will have the main hero the Usine-kin, slayer of bears)

25. - Top - End - #295
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by ObadiahtheSlim View Post
    No hoodless at the embassy?
    No wizards spawning with them, but I finally managed to find a set sitting in a sideroom. Had to use noclip, though.

Spoiler
    Show

26. - Top - End - #296
    Titan in the Playground

Okay, here's a silly question. Which of these two swords seems more like Excalibur to you guys?

Imperial...

Spoiler
    Show

...or Elven?

Spoiler
    Show
    Last edited by Archpaladin Zousha; 2011-12-10 at 11:02 PM.
    "Reach down into your heart and you'll find many reasons to fight. Survival. Honor. Glory. But what about those who feel it's their duty to protect the innocent? There you'll find a warrior savage enough to match any dragon, and in the end, they'll retain what the others won't. Their humanity."

27. - Top - End - #297
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Archpaladin Zousha View Post
    Okay, here's a silly question. Which of these two swords seems more like Excalibur to you guys?

Imperial...

Spoiler
    Show

...or Elven?

Spoiler
    Show
    Neither, but if I had to choose one or the other I suppose the Imperial Sword is better.

⑨Strongest Ice⑨

28. - Top - End - #298
    Ogre in the Playground

Imperial...

...or Elven?
    The silver one ;P

29. - Top - End - #299
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Bad Situation View Post
    Neither, but if I had to choose one or the other I suppose the Imperial Sword is better.
    What makes you say that? And is the Imperial Sword upgradeable?
    "Reach down into your heart and you'll find many reasons to fight. Survival. Honor. Glory. But what about those who feel it's their duty to protect the innocent? There you'll find a warrior savage enough to match any dragon, and in the end, they'll retain what the others won't. Their humanity."

30. - Top - End - #300
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by karpik777 View Post
    The silver one ;P
    Unfortunately, you can't upgrade silver weapons without modding. You can't even make them on your own, you have to find them on quests. As for Imperial weapons, I'm not sure if they benefit from the Steel Smithing perk.

⑨Strongest Ice⑨