New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Kickstarter thread for Webcomics

I was roaming around on the gaming forum and I noticed a kickstarter thread for games. I though there should also be one for webcomics since I've been seeing them pop up more often ever since the OOTS one finished. Aside from OOTS I know about .

Erfworld. Finished. Goal: 24,000$ Result: 84,981$.
    It's about a wargamer who travels to another world where tiny people make him their leader and he has to game the rules of the world so that he can defeat the armies of other nations.

Two Kinds. Ongoing. Goal: 25,000$. Currently: 180,796$
    It's about a man with amnesia that makes his way in a world full of furries as he battles the demons of his furry hating, evil overlord past self. Man, I'm really impressed by this one. I'm told it's because of all the furry fanservice that this one got such a great number. Does that sound right to you guys? I never thought that myself since I felt the fur essentially acts like clothing. I know they act all embarrassed at various points but it just doesn't seem the same if there is no need for the comic to block the sight of their nudity from the readers.

Not A Villain. Ongoing. Goal: 8,000$. Currently: 4,780$
    In a world that has largely been destroyed and the survivors have little to look forward to except the virtual world of L.i.F.e. In that game, a reformed hacker named Kleya is trying to shed her past and become a hero (which I think is a code word for celebrity). I wouldn't mind seeing this one get funded. I only started reading it a month or so ago and like the story.

To Prevent World Peace Completed. Goal: 150$. Result: 585$
    The world is protected from evil from the legion of magical girls but one foreteller has had a horrific vision of the near future where all the evil super villains have been beaten and the magical girls become the threat. She goes out to prevent this from happening with unexpected results (I actually found this one from the Not A Villain kickstarter).

If anyone else has read a webcomic that is having or has had a kickstarter project. Please add it to the list.
    Last edited by tomaO2; 2012-06-08 at 01:05 AM.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Kickstarter thread for Webcomics

Eh, Twokinds is okay. I think the fur is basically the equivalent of walking around in a bikini. But the main thing is that once per week updates and the pacing it has means it's really slow.
    Avatar of George the Dragon Slayer, from the upcoming Indivisible!
    My Steam profile
    Warriors and Wuxia, Callos_DeTerran's ToB setting

3. - Top - End - #3
    Firbolg in the Playground

Gastrophobia had a kickstarter too. And you can still join in on Cucumber Quest's kickstarter!.

Also, plenty here. I see Awkward Zombie, Order of Tales, Boxer Hockey, Narbonic and Skin Horse, etc.
    Quote Originally Posted by Midnight Roamer View Post
    I think he did the only morally acceptable thing by killing everyone.
    Hark! An avatar drawn by Kate Beaton!

4. - Top - End - #4
    Barbarian in the Playground

Jade, I'm also not a huge fan of Two Kinds. I mean, it's readable but I never imagined it would have the kind of fanbase that would be able to raise that much money.

Ged. When you post the link, I think it works better to link the Kickstarter project itself, rather then the webcomic link, even if the kickstarter project is already done. Also, the Kickstarter navigation to find projects is REALLY bad, so I don't think posting a link to the comic section is ideal. Plus, I want this thread to promote webcomics only, not comics in general.

Please post a short description of the webcomic in question when you post, especially if the fundraiser isn't finished. After all, someone might want to help fund it.
    Last edited by tomaO2; 2012-06-08 at 12:57 AM.