New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 47 of 50 FirstFirst ... 223738394041424344454647484950 LastLast
Results 1,381 to 1,410 of 1480
  1. - Top - End - #1381
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: [Nexus] Temples of Dalachrech I

Riverside Temple

Cassidy smirks a bit. "Yeah, I bet everyone else looked more 'feminine' than me." She always hated when some Humanis figure or other really old person tried to force that word on her.

2. - Top - End - #1382
    Orc in the Playground

Riverside Temple

"Who says I like feminine, hmm? You're the right shape for me, and as far as I care, that's enough." Defelent won't necessarily say no to buxom, but he'll go back to those with less in front.
    Terrowin Avatar by HappyTurtle. Much thanks!

3. - Top - End - #1383

Riverside Temple

"Yeah, you're definitely not like anyone else I've jumped in bed with," Cassidy says. Most of them were intimidated by her muscles, and the multiple firearms she kept on her.

4. - Top - End - #1384
    Orc in the Playground

Riverside Temple

"From the sounds of things, most were people who didn't know you very well." Whilst Defelent might not know much about Cassidy, he feels that she'd tell him if he asked. Whether that's right or not I don't know.

5. - Top - End - #1385

Riverside Temple

"Nah. And I didn't know them very well either. I think I've told you before that I'd never been all that interested in a relationship." Cassidy might tell Defelent most of what he wants to know. Probably not about some of the worse jobs she's had.

6. - Top - End - #1386
    Orc in the Playground

Riverside Temple

"Yes, I believe you have." Defelent smiles.

7. - Top - End - #1387

Riverside Temple

Cassidy crosses her arms as she thinks about her current situation. "Come to think of it, you're probably the first guy I've been with for longer than a month."

8. - Top - End - #1388
    Orc in the Playground

Riverside Temple

"Really? Well, I'm honoured to be the first man with whom you've had a semi-relationship." Because Defelent's polyamorous, he's had several encounters with others and would be accepting if Cassidy had some too. Without him there, even.

9. - Top - End - #1389

Riverside Temple

Cassidy hasn't had encounters with anybody else, but that's because she hasn't left the Temple all too often. "Eh, you don't have to be honored. I don't think it's all too special, much as I like whatever we have."

10. - Top - End - #1390
    Orc in the Playground

Riverside Temple

"Well, I am anyway. One should always remember one's firsts, whomever they may be and whatever they were the first for." Such as murder victims.

Also, there's several young men in the laity that wouldn't have said no, and also Omid. She could have had some without leaving the Temple.

11. - Top - End - #1391

Riverside Temple

"Well, I won't stop you then," Cass replies with another cheeky grin.

12. - Top - End - #1392
    Orc in the Playground

Riverside Temple

"Good. Um, isn't there something you should be doing, though I hate to admit it?" Defelent's aware they've spent a long time together, and Cassidy has a mission from Dalachrech.

13. - Top - End - #1393

Riverside Temple

"Oh, um, right. Maybe I should go prepare for leaving the Temple," Cassidy says as she stands up.

14. - Top - End - #1394
    Orc in the Playground

Riverside Temple

"Maybe. Oh, here's the money." Defelent will hand over the bag of money taken from the safe in the Abyss.

15. - Top - End - #1395

Riverside Temple

"Thanks again." Cassidy accepts the bag of money offered to her. It wasn't the same as a credit chip, but it would work. "I'll head back to my room." She starts to head for the door, but will wait for Defelent to open it.

16. - Top - End - #1396
    Orc in the Playground

Riverside Temple

Defelent will oblige by opening the door only he can open. He'll pat Cassidy's bum as she goes past, however.

17. - Top - End - #1397

Riverside Temple

Cassidy turns her head back to Defelent as she is patted. She smirks and winks before walking on to her bedroom.

18. - Top - End - #1398
    Orc in the Playground

Riverside Temple

Defelent almost follows after that wink and smirk, but he realises that if he did, Cassidy would never start the mission Dalachrech gave her. So he manages to control the impulse.

19. - Top - End - #1399

Riverside Temple

Cassidy gets to her room quickly, then. She considers what she should bring to NO when she leaves besides her book, holy symbol, Orb, and scimitar. Most of those things can be reliably concealed, after all.

20. - Top - End - #1400
    Orc in the Playground

Hermitage of Dalachrech

A convoy of wagons and carts leave this fortress, headed out the forest. They are all piled high with furniture, religious items, cages of giant centipedes, tanks of brainbeetle larvae, miscellaneous eggs and weapons, and are being pulled by giant spiders and beetles. Most of it has been marked with a two-tailed scorpion. Accompanying the convoy are humanoid guards with spears and gangly spider-people. At its head is an elf-lady with raven hair and green eyes, wearing a silk dress, and marching alongside the wagons is a figure in shiny black armour with a red silk tabard over the top emblazoned with a black double-ended centipede. The figure is mounted on a horse-sized white hairy spider, and carries a chitinous spear. They are headed away from the fort, into the wilderness.

Mountainous Area, Abandoned Mine

The convoy eventually rumbles up and arrives outside an old dwarf mine. They lead the wagons inside and start the process of decorating the mine, installing first enchanted light sources, then releasing the centipedes to devour anything within that is not welcome. The next job is to oil the massive gate and swing it closed, before they create a wall of rubble with a secret passage through it just inside. So is the process of moving a Hermitage accomplished.

21. - Top - End - #1401
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Earl of Purple View Post
    Reformed Temple of Dalachrech

This building resembles most of the other terraced houses on this road, consisting of three floors, a small front garden, a front door and four windows on every floor. However, unlike the other houses, the red front door has a knocker shaped like a two-tailed scorpion and also a sign post in the middle of the lawn. The sign is shaped as a two-tailed scorpion, and proudly states that this is the oldest Temple of Dalachrech in the Nexus, and home to the faithful in this city. The windows on the ground floor have been replaced with stained glass depictions of invertebrates, including a dragonfly, a centipede, a large beetle and a snail. The windows on the first and second storeys have been barred, and to those able to detect such all the windows are magically warded in various ways. It also has its own thread.
    Looking around he noticed that it did on fact have its own thread. He can't detect magic unless that magic is identical to the source he was using. Serph walks around the place until he reaches the furthest he can allowed for civilians. hopefully he'll run into some generic guards, generic stupid guards anyway.
    My Nexus characters that I consider important.
    Serph Oaruma
    Red Element

22. - Top - End - #1402
    Orc in the Playground

Reformed Temple

As I'm rereading the Wheel of Time, again (and I'd definitely recommend rereading it- there's lots of hints as to what will happen via Min, the Karaethon Cycle, etc) I recognised the sword and dragon pins. Therefore, no, it's not the same type of magic. But I have used that to influence it in places, such as the wards are 'woven'.

In the foyer, as I have the place organically semi-mapped, there's five floor-to-ceiling drapes depicting a two-tailed scorpion. The room is lit by a glowing orb of light hovering near the ceiling; none of the Temples use much electricity and this room has no windows. There's also no visible doors, but the drapes may hide some. Two are opposite the front door, one is to his left and the other two are to his right.

23. - Top - End - #1403
    Dwarf in the Playground

[Reformed Temple]

(I'm actually rereading it again since the last book will be out on Jan. 8, 2013. I''m somewhere in the Lord of Chaos when his amnesty to male channelers, who would later be known as Asha'man, was attracting attention. But that's beside the point, since we both know about channeling then this makes roleplay easier.)

Since there seems to be no one in the foyer at all and also no windows or visible doors to speak of, Serph starts to embrace saidin. It only takes him a moment to wrestle with it and gain control. As he filled himself with the power his senses became sharpened as it always does. He started to make a fold in reality and stepped through it. He entered the dream in the flesh. In the world of Tel'alan'rhiod magic meant little only will was truly recognized it and even more so in the flesh. In this place he started to examine the place for doors or windows that may be hidden.
    Last edited by Asha'man; 2012-11-24 at 09:01 PM.
    Serph Oaruma
    Red Element

24. - Top - End - #1404
    Orc in the Playground

Reformed Temple

I only started The Dragon Reborn today. Didn't know the release date for the A Memory of Light, though; thank you.

The room writhes and fluctuates wildly. The entire house is larger inside than outside, and most of this chamber has been expanded from a room the size of a cupboard. However, behind each of the drapes (which change colour from black on red, to white on red, to red on black) is a simple, plain, unadorned door. As he would have discovered in the real world by pushing aside any of the drapes. Also, he might feel as though he's being pushed inwards from all sides. The chamber's actually warded from extraplanar travel, but the inhabitants aren't familiar with where he went and the wards are having trouble adjusting.

25. - Top - End - #1405
    Dwarf in the Playground

[Reformed Temple]

Serph felt the warding trying to crush him and the place going bonkers. Even though he said will is prevalent here, magic still works. In his mind he pictured the room as it was earlier, solid. He also willed it that there was no pressure trying to crush him. There is no pressure... I am in control the room is as it was, solid and unmoving. He did not know how the laws of Tel'alan'rhiod worked concerning other magics but he he had to try. His will was greater than anything he could channel here. Not waiting for a response if his willing things worked he walked, no walked was no the proper word. He felt like he was shifting. Vanishing from one spot then appearing in another till he reached his destination. He shifts to the drapes on the left examines it and finds the door. He then closed his eyes and willed himself to the other side. He then opened his eyes to see where he was.
    Serph Oaruma
    Red Element

26. - Top - End - #1406
    Orc in the Playground

Reformed Temple

Trying to will the wards against him away didn't work; if anything, fighting them in any way strengthened them. Which is partially why when he opens his eyes, he's outside the Temple, standing in the street, and the Temple has been replaced by a dark red construction with no variation in it at all; the door, windows and walls have all been replaced. Occasionally the spatial distortion magic within the Temple causes it to bulge in odd places and in odd ways, but never for long.

Sorry, but I did say the wards would adapt. I was expecting, however, for Serph to leave Tel'aran'rhiod and try the door- then, he'd have been unable to return rather than try to change his location.

27. - Top - End - #1407
    Dwarf in the Playground

[Reformed Temple]

Actually I thought that the wards would take a while longer to adapt. Oh well, time for plan B.

Serph finds himself outside the street with a dark construct in place of the temple. Of course he's still in Tel'alan'rhiod. He takes a moment to think whether he should continue in the waking world or not. (This would be a good time to ambush him by the way if you want him to return to the physical plane.)
    Serph Oaruma
    Red Element

28. - Top - End - #1408
    Orc in the Playground

Reformed Temple

Since my characters are unaware of Tel'aran'rhiod's existence, they cannot ambush him as they don't know where it is to enter it with Plane Shift spells. Therefore, Serph is safe from them.

29. - Top - End - #1409
    Dwarf in the Playground

[Reformed Temple]

He thought that he would try to fireball but he did not think it would work. He shifted to a nearby dark corner and returned to the waking realm. In the waking realm he felt nothing of the evil that was said of wandering that world in the flesh. Before leaving the shadows he shifted the relfection of light around him to make him somewhat invisible. If still it should be impossible to see him with normal sight. When moving a waving see through silhouette might be caught by the eye. Serph may be the type to go in swords blazing, literally, but if was going to hit all three known temples then they can't see his face yet. He moves to re-enter the foyer and go through the door behind the left drape.
    Serph Oaruma
    Red Element

30. - Top - End - #1410
    Orc in the Playground

Reformed Temple

Beyond the left-hand drape is the main altar room. Two rows of pews are against each wall, with the mosaic of a centipede set into the floor between them, and the room is too large in every dimension to fit in the building. The stained glass windows are much larger on this side, and let in lots of light- they look like those really large windows in old churches behind the altar. At the far end of the room is a raised dias with a pulpit on one side and an altar in the centre. The pulpit is ornately carved to resemble a termite mound, and the altar appears to be a plain wooden table draped with red velvet upon which rests two silver beetles with a beeswax candle on their back flanking a solid gold idol resembling a centipede with three scorpion tails, the claws of a praying mantis and the head of a stag beetle. On the wall behind the altar is a large mural of a termite mound the size of a very large mountain, and a book rests upon the pulpit. The room is currently empty.