New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Firbolg in the Playground

Default Worst Shows on TV

Now, beforehand, let's not turn this into a bashfest. Rather, I need a list of the...lesser-liked programing on air at the moment. Reruns or just made, animated or live-action, it simply needs to be bad, if not mockably so.
    Last edited by Pokonic; 2012-10-10 at 02:02 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tychris1 View Post
    Pokonic look what you have done! You fool, you`ve doomed us all!
    Quote Originally Posted by Doorhandle View Post
    Oh Pokonic, never change. And never become my D.M.
    To those that are wondering; it's a unicorn leather knife hilt.
    Spoiler: Avatars
    Show

2. - Top - End - #2
    Banned

Default Re: Worst Show's on TV

OH! OH! I want to try! Okay:

Annoying Orange: You know those youtube poop videos? Well, image a whole show based around those except remove any shred of any type of humor and replace that with the most annoying voice and dialogue coming out of the "protagonist."

Level Up: You ever watch Captain N: the Game Master? Well, Captain N was more faithful and loyal to video games than this show. It's about 4 of the blandest teens in America fighting horrible CGI monsters and making pseudo-video game/RPG pop culture reference that became outdated like 10-15 years ago.

Brickleberry: Image the worse animation you can. Like, the worst flash animation possible. Than, try and image art and animation worse than that. And if the technical aspects weren't bad enough, the characters and plot are even worse. The entire concept is just be as offensive as possible and try to shamelessly and horrible rip off the Family Guy characters and jokes.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Ettin in the Playground

Toddlers and Tiaras. Lots of reality shows that exist solely to make people feel as though they can't be complete screw ups because they are better than these people on tv.

Elementary, for riding on the popularity of Sherlock and not making a lick of sense. It's Psych, but not funny. Castle minus the charming Nathan Fillion. This is a personal dislike and doesn't fit your category, just wanted to say it.

4. - Top - End - #4
    Eldritch Horror in the Playground Moderator

Here Comes Honey Boo Boo, a 'reality' show centered on the lives of a redneck family in Georgia. I'm not sure if its awfulness can be expressed in comprehensible English.

5. - Top - End - #5
    Bugbear in the Playground

ElfRogueGirl

Quote Originally Posted by The Glyphstone View Post
    Here Comes Honey Boo Boo, a 'reality' show centered on the lives of a redneck family in Georgia. I'm not sure if its awfulness can be expressed in comprehensible English.
    It can't, I've tried.

Hoarders: Buried Alive; Pretty much the same phenomenon as Toddlers and Tiaras or Here Comes Honey Boo Boo, except this is for people who were never introduced to the concept of "spring cleaning" (or "cleaning, or "organizing").

Hells Kitchen: Granted I'm not even sure it's on anymore, but if it is, what's the point? The first run was sort of funny, but really what is the point of watching someone who has X amount of years in the buisness walk around and yell obscenities (and not even very creative ones) in the faces of people who are just trying to break through, without ever offering a constructive criticism? It's basically youtube comments on TV but for food, with one person.

6. - Top - End - #6
    Banned

It needs Randy Newman to do the music.

7. - Top - End - #7
    Ogre in the Playground

Two Broke Girls. The first season was kind of funny, and only made a few dirty jokes each episode. The new second season? It's not funny at all. It's like every single joke is either a BLAM or a dirty one. I'm fine with dirty jokes. My entire family (all the way up to my grandmother) tells dirty jokes. But there's a fine line between funny dirty jokes and crude/stupid dirty jokes; and the show has jumped far over that line and is tapdancing at the wrong side.
    Last edited by Maxios; 2012-10-09 at 12:04 PM.
    Artifical intelligence is no match for natural stupidity
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Rogerd View Post
    Strike me down and I'll clean the floor faster than you can imagine

8. - Top - End - #8
    Barbarian in the Playground

I strangely like Hoarders, because it's somehow cathartic to see those disgusting houses all cleaned out. Also, hoarding runs in my family (a gene I'm very glad I didn't inherit), so it hits somewhat close to home.

I'd never watch Here Comes Honey Boo Boo, but I find the concept itself fascinating in a trainwreck sort of way.

But to answer the OP's question:
    - American Idol and other inane talent shows
    - 99% of TLC reality shows about deformed people, primordial dwarfs, the mentally ill, storage containers, pawn shops, the Amish, the Duggars, etc.
    - 95% of laugh-track sitcoms (worst offender: Two-and-a-Half Men)
    - 90% of police procedurals
    - The Secret Life of the American Teenager
    - anything on The CW
    - Ghost Hunters, and nearly all paranormal "reality" shows

And Pokonic, can you fix the greengrocers' apostrophe? *eye twitch*

THE DYING OF THE LIGHT
    A GURPS Zombie Apocalypse Campaign
    always accepting players

9. - Top - End - #9
    Ogre in the Playground

Two and a Half Men is a great show and you are a horrible person for disagreeing with me ! Sure, it's not as funny as it used to be but it's still pretty good.
    Last edited by Maxios; 2012-10-09 at 04:19 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show

10. - Top - End - #10
    Troll in the Playground

Flumph

Quote Originally Posted by historiasdeosos View Post
    - American Idol and other inane talent shows
    - 99% of TLC reality shows about deformed people, primordial dwarfs, the mentally ill, storage containers, pawn shops, the Amish, the Duggars, etc.
    - 95% of laugh-track sitcoms (worst offender: Two-and-a-Half Men)
    - 90% of police procedurals
    - The Secret Life of the American Teenager
    - anything on The CW
    - Ghost Hunters, and nearly all paranormal "reality" shows
    I couldn't agree more! (Although I suspect your percentages are too low...).

Back in the day we in the UK had three TV chanels, BBC 1, BBC 2 and ITV (the one with adverts...). Television was expensive to make, there were only three channels and by and large the program makers put a lot of effort into it.

These days we have 90 million channels, mostly filled with cheap junk or blatent copy/pastes of the odd program that has enough quality or luck to be sucessful.

It's a shame, because the very rare good stuff is good (and I do include the stuff that I don't like here). Then it gets diluted by all the junk.

Excuse me. I'm going to sit on the old rocking chair and mutter to myself....
    Last edited by Manga Shoggoth; 2012-10-09 at 04:22 PM.
    Warning: This posting may contain wit, wisdom, pathos, irony, satire, sarcasm and puns. And traces of nut.

"The main skill of a good ruler seems to be not preventing the conflagrations but rather keeping them contained enough they rate more as campfires." Rogar Demonblud

"Hold on just a d*** second. UK has spam callers that try to get you to buy conservatories?!? Even y'alls spammers are higher class than ours!" Peelee

11. - Top - End - #11
    Ettin in the Playground

Any Sitcom Disney puts out as an excuse as not to make new cartoons.

12. - Top - End - #12
    Dwarf in the Playground

Ghost Hunters is kinda fun to me. I find it amusing when my dogs respond to something that I didn't catch -- and it happens more than you would think. :) But I can see why many (most?) people would not like it.

I have had the misfortune of being stuck watching the occasional episode of "Cops" and "Star Wars: The Clone Wars" at friends houses. Both are bad, with "cops" being out the gate horrendous and "the clone wars" infinitely disappointing. (I'm a Star Wars fan, so it was painful to realize how bad this one was...)

I also despise "South Park" and similar shows. Not a fan of "reality" shows (ir "Pawn Stars" and their ilk) and hate celebrity shows (that Kardiashian show comes to here). Also dislike many of the talent shows like "American Idol" or "So You Think You Can Dance". Even the ones that I have watched ("America's Got Talent" and "The Voice") get a lot muting, since I only want to watch the actual talent and hate the back-story and judging.

So I guess the "worst show's on TV" is about 80% of what's on the airwaves. And the other 20% needs to be edited further to be palatable. Netflix and YouTube get more airtime in my house than anything sent out by Comcast. If we had a more reliable internet system we would permanently drop cable.

Hope you are able to get the info you are looking for!
    78% of all DM's start their first campaign in a tavern. If you're among the 22% who didn't, copy and paste this into your signature and tell us where you DID begin.The players were attacked individually on the road on the way to town by werewolves. To survive, they had to team up then and there without knowing anything about eachother (literally -- all character sheets were completed without other players' knowledge).

13. - Top - End - #13
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Maxios View Post
    Two and a Half Men is a great show and you are a horrible person for disagreeing with me ! Sure, it's not as funny as it used to be but it's still pretty good.
    That show's name is misleading. I expected it to have a man that was cut in half and one half was removed. What a bunch of false advertising!

14. - Top - End - #14
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Dr.Epic View Post
    That show's name is misleading. I expected it to have a man that was cut in half and one half was removed. What a bunch of false advertising!
    True that holmes. I've been playing too much San Andreas...
    Seriously though, they can't call it that anymore because Jake joined the army and hasn't had any more appearences since (I think his actor left for college)
    Last edited by Maxios; 2012-10-09 at 06:55 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show

15. - Top - End - #15
    Banned

Seriously though, they can't call it that anymore because Jake joined the army and hasn't had any more appearences since (I think his actor left for college)
    Then this is the perfect chance for the writers to add a new character that is literally just half a man.

16. - Top - End - #16
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Kalrany View Post
    I have had the misfortune of being stuck watching the occasional episode of "Cops" and "Star Wars: The Clone Wars" at friends houses. Both are bad, with "cops" being out the gate horrendous and "the clone wars" infinitely disappointing. (I'm a Star Wars fan, so it was painful to realize how bad this one was...)
    Clone Wars, from what I hear in the Darths and Droids thread (back when I frequented that), is better than the prequels.

Honestly though? Star Wars needs to be re-imagined. Not just a remake. At the very least, they fix stuff like "security guards spot the escape pod but don't fire" and "Han steps on Jabba's tail". Put back in "Han shoots first". Get modern special effects, but keep the set with that feel of not being too clean and shiny. But what would change Star Wars, what would make it a 9/10 movie, is a rewrite.

As for the paranormal reality shows... I like Destination Truth. Basically, they investigate everything. Monsters, aliens, ghosts. It's not some sort of neverending hunt. If the result is inconclusive, they never go after that creature again, at least not for a while. They disprove some myths, such as a river monster that was probably just a combination of encountering an invasive iguana species, plus the occasional bull shark encounter with the newly superstitious tribespeople. Also, Josh can be a strange phenomenon himself sometimes.

And y'all believe too little in the paranormal. Ghosts and angels are very distinct possibilities, and there are undiscovered species. I think we're all egotistical to think that aliens come to our planet, though, and I doubt the Sasquatch exists.
    Last edited by Hiro Protagonest; 2012-10-09 at 07:37 PM.
    Avatar of George the Dragon Slayer, from the upcoming Indivisible!
    My Steam profile
    Warriors and Wuxia, Callos_DeTerran's ToB setting

17. - Top - End - #17
    Ogre in the Playground

When the Blue Planet Project turns out to be true and you don't get saved by the Nordic and get eaten by Reticulans, don't come crying to me.
    Spoiler
    Show

18. - Top - End - #18

Yeah, that's the first thing I thought of. It's trending quite a bit lately because of how terrible it is.

19. - Top - End - #19

Quote Originally Posted by Scowling Dragon View Post
    Any Sitcom Disney puts out as an excuse as not to make new cartoons.

To be fair, there is realy only one decent new show Disney has put out this year. (Gravity Falls. It is realy good.)

Quote Originally Posted by hobbitkniver View Post
    Yeah, that's the first thing I thought of. It's trending quite a bit lately because of how terrible it is.
    I think the term "bile fascination" was made for that show.
    Show

20. - Top - End - #20
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Pokonic View Post
    To be fair, there is realy only one decent new show Disney has put out this year. (Gravity Falls. It is realy good.)
    Gravity Falls is also a cartoon, not a sitcom.

---

It was mentioned upthread, but Toddlers and Tiaras is the worst show I've ever seen. At least Hoarders helps people. Toddlers and Tiaras is about moms who want to live vicariously through their children, and their children, who are becoming conditioned towards winning beauty pageants (might get some decent actors out of it, though).
    Last edited by Hiro Protagonest; 2012-10-09 at 08:11 PM.
    Avatar of George the Dragon Slayer, from the upcoming Indivisible!
    My Steam profile
    Warriors and Wuxia, Callos_DeTerran's ToB setting

21. - Top - End - #21
    Titan in the Playground

Anything by Seth McFarlane.
    Anything on Comedy Central with Daniel Tosh in it.
    Anything where the basic premise is as follows: a "celebrity" from the internet is given his/her own show.
    Any pre-teen demographic live action show staring one of those test-tube grown stars that the various networks engineer specifically for that purpose and are only famous because the networks say they are.

There's other horrible stuff out there of course, but that's a pretty good list for now.

22. - Top - End - #22

Quote Originally Posted by Jade Dragon View Post
    Gravity Falls is also a cartoon, not a sitcom.

---

It was mentioned upthread, but Toddlers and Tiaras is the worst show I've ever seen. At least Hoarders helps people. Toddlers and Tiaras is about moms who want to live vicariously through their children, and their children, who are becoming conditioned towards winning beauty pageants (might get some decent actors out of it, though).
    To be fair, that was a general statement.
    Show

23. - Top - End - #23
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Pokonic View Post

I think the term "bile fascination" was made for that show.
    Hey I love Avenges Earth Mightiest Heroes and Ultimate Spiderman! (here in México they are aired through Disney XD, and they are the only reason I wake up earlier than 10 o clock on weekends, since they made the stupid desition of airing them in the 8-9 timeslot
    [/missing the point]
    Just call me Dusk

Dming: Eyes of the Lich Queen IC OOC

24. - Top - End - #24
    Troll in the Playground

With the possible exception of certain Sunday morning content, essentially the whole of the American cable news industry is pretty cringe-worthy.

The history channel is... ponderous at times. Ancient Aliens stands out in particularly.

25. - Top - End - #25
    Ettin in the Playground

Now Aston Kutcher and the Maid (can't remember her name) are the two, and Alan's the Half.

The show began it's death spiral not long before Chelsea was introduced, and she was a blatant attempt to enliven the show's dynamic. In the earlier seasons, it was excellent.

26. - Top - End - #26

Quote Originally Posted by hobbitkniver View Post
    Why I will never watch that show
    Quote Originally Posted by Winterwind View Post
    Mewtarthio, you have scared my brain into hiding, a trembling, broken shadow of a thing, cowering somewhere in the soothing darkness and singing nursery rhymes in the hope of obscuring the Lovecraftian facts you so boldly brought into daylight.

27. - Top - End - #27

ElfRogueGirl

Quote Originally Posted by Kitten Champion View Post
    With the possible exception of certain Sunday morning content, essentially the whole of the American cable news industry is pretty cringe-worthy.

The history channel is... ponderous at times. Ancient Aliens stands out in particularly.
    Hey now, that's comedy gold right there. Anything that makes me laugh that hard can't be all bad!

28. - Top - End - #28
    Troll in the Playground

I think it's sad that at friday and saturday night a lot of the programming around prime time is only reality shows, talenshows and generic visual crap. I meancan't they just show a decent movie or something (instead of lame romcoms every night)? or maybe a well written series, a well executed game show, anything? I mean it's so bad I think it's a ploy of the health department to stop us from watching TV and read or talk in the evening. maybe they secretly want to make us smarter... (or at least the people who liek the saturday evening tv dumber). I mean The Netherlands' SBS6 has hit an all time low with competition diving with Z-list stars. It's so horrible it goes from bad to worse, to horrible, past any positive edjectives again into bad, worse and horrible. It creates a whole new version of rock bottom. No amount of eyebleach is ever going to be enough to wipe away the stains of Patty Brard in a bathing suit. (hint, don't google it, it will scar you for life).
    Warlock Poetry?
    Or ways to use me in game?
    Better grab a drink...

Currently ruining Strahd's day - Avatar by the Outstanding Smuchsmuch

First Ordained Jr. Tormlet by LoyalPaladin

29. - Top - End - #29
    Titan in the Playground

As a kid I watched a lot of cartoons on saturday and sunday. And often a movie friday or saturday night. And except for that, I think 99% of what we watched at home was either the evening news, election coverage, or Star Trek. Five days a week, pretty much every week. For probably 10 years or so.
    But since I stopped watching Voyager during the later seasons, I don't think I watched any TV. I saw the presentation of the pope because I was at my parents place that day and it was just on the radio that he would be presented in the next minutes. A couple of football world cup games online on the state TV website, and South Park on their website, and that's all the TV I had since then. And I don't think I ever missed anything that was on TV and would have been worth watching.
    I would guess 99,99% of all TV programs are garbage. How would it be possible to say which one is worst?

When you have hit rock bottom, there's always some reality show that gets out heavy drilling equipment and manages to go much deeper.
    Last edited by Yora; 2012-10-10 at 04:22 AM.
    We are not standing on the shoulders of giants, but on very tall tower of other dwarves.

Spriggan's Den Heroic Fantasy Roleplaying

30. - Top - End - #30
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by historiasdeosos View Post
    And Pokonic, can you fix the greengrocers' apostrophe? *eye twitch*
    It could be "the worst show is on television," which isn't true. The Wiener's Circle got cancelled months ago.
    Last edited by Kindablue; 2012-10-10 at 01:26 PM.
    ... I came to appreciate that mountains make poor receptacles for dreams.