New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 46 of 50 FirstFirst ... 21363738394041424344454647484950 LastLast
Results 1,351 to 1,380 of 1477
  1. - Top - End - #1351
    Colossus in the Playground

Default Re: Bleach V: Well that was a waste of time (Fullbring? What's that?)

Quote Originally Posted by Starwulf View Post
    Taking things off topic here, I had a question for you all: The anime(on Adult Swim) recently got done the fight with Ichigo and Ulquiorra, and I was wondering: Is Ulquirra actually a higher rank then 4, it's just that no-one realized it? Because of his "second release" that no other espada has and all that jazz? Just curious and all.
    Just curious, but do you know the big twist about the rankings? Because if you do...hehehe. HahahaHAhahahaahAHAHAHAaaaa...yha

Them not knowing Ulquirra is actually stronger then 4th is the least of your concerns. For those of you don't know or forget, I'm refering to
    Spoiler
    Show
    "The Zeroth Espada"

2. - Top - End - #1352
    Firbolg in the Playground

Zodiac - I still refuse to acknowledge that part as existing. Or at least, being that powerful. Because Ulquiorra could absolutely still beat him into the ground. As could, say, Stark. If either of them cared enough to do so, anyway.

That said, it did introduce the frankly brilliant scene of Kenpachi and Byakuya fighting side by side and getting progressively more bitchy towards each other, which was hilarious enough that I'm willing to overlook quite a bit of nonsense.
    "Not trusting me might be the smartest decision you made since getting off of your horse."

Avatar by Ifni, who is rightly awesome.

3. - Top - End - #1353

Quote Originally Posted by Maugan Ra View Post
    Zodiac - I still refuse to acknowledge that part as existing. Or at least, being that powerful. Because Ulquiorra could absolutely still beat him into the ground. As could, say, Stark. If either of them cared enough to do so, anyway.

That said, it did introduce the frankly brilliant scene of Kenpachi and Byakuya fighting side by side and getting progressively more bitchy towards each other, which was hilarious enough that I'm willing to overlook quite a bit of nonsense.
    It's scenes like that, and the entire "fight" between Renji and Byakuya VS As Nodt that makes me really feel the worst about Bleach, because Kubo clearly, CLEARLY has SOME talent, because Byakuya and Renji's reactions to each other in that scene was great. And As Nodt just going "Oh, wait, you're curious about what my power is? Oh, sorry, sorry, here, here's how it works!" is also pretty damn hilarious. And then he actually pulls his power off on Byakuya and we get a legitimately terrifying moment.

4. - Top - End - #1354
    Ettin in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    So if you were to rank the "real" place for the zeroth espada where do you believe he should go?
    Stupendous Man drawn by Linklele

5. - Top - End - #1355
    Troll in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Maugan Ra View Post

The ranking was based on raw values of reiatsu rather than a comprehensive combat ranking. Yammy was only 0 because he had the most reiatsu when he stuffed himself and powered up.

6. - Top - End - #1356
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by LaZodiac View Post
    Just curious, but do you know the big twist about the rankings? Because if you do...hehehe. HahahaHAhahahaahAHAHAHAaaaa...yha

Them not knowing Ulquirra is actually stronger then 4th is the least of your concerns. For those of you don't know or forget, I'm refering to
    Spoiler
    Show
    "The Zeroth Espada"
    Yeah, I actually knew about the asspull with Yammy long before I knew about Ulquiorra's second release form(an issue with spoilers on another forum). Just thought the whole thing with Ulqie was interesting, and wondering where people would place him with his second form release state. I'd say he'd probably supplant Harribel, but I doubt he'd be any stronger then that.

7. - Top - End - #1357
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by VanBuren View Post
    The ranking was based on raw values of reiatsu rather than a comprehensive combat ranking. Yammy was only 0 because he had the most reiatsu when he stuffed himself and powered up.
    except raw power is an innate defense, and yammi's sucks.
    a tiny space dedicated to a beloved grandpa now passed. may every lunch be peanut butter-banana sandwiches.
    i has 2/4 an internets.
    old avatars
    Spoiler
    Show

gnome_4ever:

8. - Top - End - #1358
    Troll in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Quote Originally Posted by thubby View Post
    except raw power is an innate defense, and yammi's sucks.
    Only if you have the ability to do anything with it. Yammy has a great deal of it, but he's just too inept to use it effectively.

9. - Top - End - #1359
    Troll in the Playground

Only if you have the ability to do anything with it. Yammy has a great deal of it, but he's just too inept to use it effectively.
    kenpachi would like a word with you.

we've seen multiple times now that having more rietsu makes you harder to damage, and can even recoil on an attacker if you're that much stronger.
    a tiny space dedicated to a beloved grandpa now passed. may every lunch be peanut butter-banana sandwiches.
    i has 2/4 an internets.
    old avatars
    Spoiler
    Show

gnome_4ever:

10. - Top - End - #1360
    Troll in the Playground

WhiteWizardGirl

kenpachi would like a word with you.

we've seen multiple times now that having more rietsu makes you harder to damage, and can even recoil on an attacker if you're that much stronger.
    Except in comparison to Yammy, Kenpachi actually starts to look skilled. Its like the difference between Ichigo when he first fought Renji and the second time, he really didn't gain power he gained knowledge of how to use that power.

11. - Top - End - #1361
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by jindra34 View Post
    Except in comparison to Yammy, Kenpachi actually starts to look skilled. Its like the difference between Ichigo when he first fought Renji and the second time, he really didn't gain power he gained knowledge of how to use that power.
    yeah, well, that's jsut one of the very few things Kubo actually wrote quite well...
    Warlock Poetry?
    Or ways to use me in game?
    Better grab a drink...

Currently ruining Strahd's day - Avatar by the Outstanding Smuchsmuch

First Ordained Jr. Tormlet by LoyalPaladin

12. - Top - End - #1362

Gonna be perfectly honest, Kenpachi's "ultimate form" as shown againest that hercules beetle esque dude, was hilarious.

13. - Top - End - #1363
    Troll in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Gonna be perfectly honest, Kenpachi's "ultimate form" as shown againest that hercules beetle esque dude, was hilarious.
    Only Kenpachi would consider "swinging with two hands" to be a secret technique.

14. - Top - End - #1364

Only Kenpachi would consider "swinging with two hands" to be a secret technique.
    To be perfectly fair, at the very VERY core of it, his intent is correct. Swinging a sword PROPERLY will make it stronger then if you wield it improperly.

This does not make it any less hilariously stupid.

15. - Top - End - #1365
    Orc in the Playground

You just wait, one day Kubo will reveal that Kenpachi is the WAAAAAGH! incarnate and his "sword with 2 hands" is totally justified and works because he said so.
    Exception cannot prove the rule. It disproves it.

16. - Top - End - #1366
    Troll in the Playground

WhiteWizardGirl

Quote Originally Posted by Tenno Seremel View Post
    You just wait, one day Kubo will reveal that Kenpachi is the WAAAAAGH! incarnate and his "sword with 2 hands" is totally justified and works because he said so.
    Or maybe his Zanpaktou increases his abilities based on how refined his fighting technique is.

17. - Top - End - #1367
    Ettin in the Playground

That would be hilariously ironic.

Also, the more I think of it, the more I hate Kubo for the twin asspull. I was liking this arc, dammit. I was the first chapter in Bleach I legitimately despise.
    "It's the fate of all things under the sky,
    to grow old and wither and die."

18. - Top - End - #1368

Quote Originally Posted by jindra34 View Post
    Or maybe his Zanpaktou increases his abilities based on how refined his fighting technique is.
    I still want his zanpakto to be that little pink haired girl. Like, he's so powerful his zanpakto has a humanoid form even while a sword.

Quote Originally Posted by Frozen_Feet View Post
    That would be hilariously ironic.

Also, the more I think of it, the more I hate Kubo for the twin asspull. I was liking this arc, dammit. I was the first chapter in Bleach I legitimately despise.
    There is a reason I called this the worst chapter of Bleach, of all time.

19. - Top - End - #1369
    Troll in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

To be perfectly fair, at the very VERY core of it, his intent is correct. Swinging a sword PROPERLY will make it stronger then if you wield it improperly.

This does not make it any less hilariously stupid.
    I actually kind of love it, to be perfectly honest. It's just so perfectly in character for him.

20. - Top - End - #1370
    Ogre in the Playground

It was honestly one of the best fights in the series. It felt good to know that no matter how crazy Kenpachi was, he still had some trouble with Nnorita. And it was a Praying Mantis he was supposed to be based on. Really, any of the core battles with Kenpachi in the manga were all really great.

It's a constant disappointing starting from the early Arrancar arc that the best fights didn't center around the main cast of people. Soul Society had some good fights with the actual main cast, but as soon as the Captains got introduced it became more and more apparent that Kubo was more interested in showing off their powers.

And that could have been awesome had Chad not been worfed even as early as the end of the Soul Society Arc, Ishida lanquishing with his whimpy bow, Orohime being a generally useless character and Ichigo growing more and more wangtsy because Friendship or what ever.
    Last edited by Tebryn; 2012-10-08 at 07:21 PM.

21. - Top - End - #1371
    Troll in the Playground

well 2 handed does give him an extra .5x strength to damage. given his ability to use stone structures as projectiles, that could easily be an extra 30 damage
    i has 2/4 an internets.
    old avatars
    Spoiler
    Show

gnome_4ever:

22. - Top - End - #1372
    Titan in the Playground

well 2 handed does give him an extra .5x strength to damage. given his ability to use stone structures as projectiles, that could easily be an extra 30 damage
    Plus he could use Power Attack. Clearly he shunpo'd back and forth just before the hit, effectively charging and activating nearly all his feats.
    Homebrewer's Signature | Avatar by Strawberries

23. - Top - End - #1373
    Troll in the Playground

Zombie

Quote Originally Posted by darksolitaire View Post
    Now I get it. Yamamoto getting clubbed sets the stage for development which explains are questions which have thus far remained unanswered! Spirit King and Squad 0 will both appear! We will learn all about Kurosaki Isshin and Ishida ryuuken! What is the history of Quincy? All will be revealed. Right?!
    Hmm. I wonder though. Did the Old Man get taken down though? There is an old rule in stories, if you don't see the body they arn't dead. And even when you DO see the body they may not be dead. A number of different characters have pulled off illusions useing thier powers before. Hitsugaya did it with ice for instance. I am not saying that it happened, but it's best to keep an open mind.

24. - Top - End - #1374

Quote Originally Posted by HandofShadows View Post
    Hmm. I wonder though. Did the Old Man get taken down though? There is an old rule in stories, if you don't see the body they arn't dead. And even when you DO see the body they may not be dead. A number of different characters have pulled off illusions useing thier powers before. Hitsugaya did it with ice for instance. I am not saying that it happened, but it's best to keep an open mind.
    I'm fairly sure he's dead. He blew his load and the villian needs to look powerful. It's like how Byakuya got killed by As Nodt to show how powerful the Sternritter's are. So they could all get punked by Genryusai for no reason.

25. - Top - End - #1375
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Tenno Seremel View Post
    Wait, so is Kenpachi's right hand Gork and his left hand Mork? Or is it the other way around?

26. - Top - End - #1376
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Morph Bark View Post
    Plus he could use Power Attack. Clearly he shunpo'd back and forth just before the hit, effectively charging and activating nearly all his feats.
    Nope he did power attack for maximum damage but he didn't move prior to his final attack. I personally think prior to his final attack he made this attack a touch attack via wraithstrike.

In the round prior to his final attack he was using combat rhythm to score all kinds of touch attacks against Nnoitra. These attacks did no damage but it allowed him to gain an additional +5 damage rolls for his next round attack against Nnoitra. On his final attack he activated Diamond Nightmare Blade which made his single attack do quadruple damage. Quadruple Damage on his power attack, strength bonus, as well as his combat rthymn damage made his final strike an instant kill.
    Stupendous Man drawn by Linklele

27. - Top - End - #1377
    Troll in the Playground

BlackDragon

With all the talk of Kenpachi and his uber powerness inmerely 2 handing a 1 handed sword, I now want to make a D&D character that's litterally the strongest ****er in existance, strong enough to compete with every living thing in terms of damage and abilities, with just 1 hand on his blade. And then he power attacks for -ALL- the multipliers with two hands and everyone realises how screwed they are. It would be awesome...

Old ground about the worst villain -ever-.

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Morph Bark View Post
    Didn't he "beat" him by showing the Hogyoku that Aizen wasn't the strongest/didn't think of everything/whatever hax, that made it think "hm, yeah, you're not worthy of my fabulosity" or something and made it reject Aizen?
    Before the Kido activated and sealed his ass away once and for all, Aizen claimed he was getting stronger, and that he didn't even need his Zanpacto anymore. Whether or not it was Ichigo weakening him or the Kido activating that made the Hogkyoku start rejecting Aizen is to be seen, but it's inconclusive, at least from another look.

Hm... actually, I'd like to ask you guys: What do you think the -worst- thing, be it a character, plot element, or even meta element, is in Bleach?

To me, it's that Kubo doesn't want to really value anyone or anything. Rather thn developing the characters he already has and making them more fleshed out and interesting, or even respecting theirs and our dignity, he instead makes new characters that are also just as flat. He substotutes new stuff for decent writing. It's like he's trying to appeal to adhd. "Look at all of these things!" rather than "look at these good things!". And it just rubs me the wrong way.
    Last edited by INoKnowNames; 2012-10-09 at 08:54 PM.

28. - Top - End - #1378
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by INoKnowNames View Post
    With all the talk of Kenpachi and his uber powerness inmerely 2 handing a 1 handed sword, I now want to make a D&D character that's litterally the strongest ****er in existance, strong enough to compete with every living thing in terms of damage and abilities, with just 1 hand on his blade. And then he power attacks for -ALL- the multipliers with two hands and everyone realises how screwed they are. It would be awesome...

Old ground about the worst villain -ever-.

Spoiler
    Show

Before the Kido activated and sealed his ass away once and for all, Aizen claimed he was getting stronger, and that he didn't even need his Zanpacto anymore. Whether or not it was Ichigo weakening him or the Kido activating that made the Hogkyoku start rejecting Aizen is to be seen, but it's inconclusive, at least from another look.

Hm... actually, I'd like to ask you guys: What do you think the -worst- thing, be it a character, plot element, or even meta element, is in Bleach?

To me, it's that Kubo doesn't want to really value anyone or anything. Rather thn developing the characters he already has and making them more fleshed out and interesting, or even respecting theirs and our dignity, he instead makes new characters that are also just as flat. He substotutes new stuff for decent writing. It's like he's trying to appeal to adhd. "Look at all of these things!" rather than "look at these good things!". And it just rubs me the wrong way.
    As a firm hater of Kubo's writing, I offer you a flip-side question:

What if Kubo IS afflicted with severe ADHD and that is why he keeps pulling out new shinies rather than refining the ones he already has on display? What if, were he not fighting against a never-ending drive to explore the new, he actually would be able to take a sub-plot across multiple story lines and NOT distort it into a mockery of their original potential?
    Spoiler
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by Innis Cabal View Post
    Toho has retroactive powers of awesome. He makes things that he hasn't done, and have already happened, better by his existence
    Quote Originally Posted by Ganurath View Post
    If anything, the term should be What Would Toho Do?
    Of course, in all situations the answer is Be A Badass.

29. - Top - End - #1379
    Barbarian in the Playground

Personally, I absolutely love Bleach, and I do know it has flaws, and have even been able to call on things that people will rage at as I'm reading new chapters, but then again, that's not that hard.
    Though after all of this, the one thing I hate is that there is potential for so much more with the story, but it doesn't executed in satisfying ways.

Quote Originally Posted by Hadrian_Emrys View Post

What if Kubo IS afflicted with severe ADHD and that is why he keeps pulling out new shinies rather than refining the ones he already has on display? What if, were he not fighting against a never-ending drive to explore the new, he actually would be able to take a sub-plot across multiple story lines and NOT distort it into a mockery of their original potential?
    That could be the reason behind all this.

30. - Top - End - #1380
    Troll in the Playground

BlackDragon

Quote Originally Posted by Hadrian_Emrys View Post

Hm... There are at least 5 different subplots that, with decent writing poured into them, would definitely be book worth. I'd be willing to pay money on them, easy.

Remember when it first came out, and everyone thought it would be like Yu-Yu-Hakusho, really playing up the "seeing the dead" and solving mysteries of lost souls angle? Figuring out what spirit is supposed to go where in the afterlife, and helping the living and dead make peace with each other?

I'd smoke that crack pipe every -day-. I still like reading Yu Yu and Case Closed, and I wonder what could have been...