New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 17 of 50 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141516171819202122232425262742 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #481
    Pixie in the Playground

Default Re: [Nexus]The Dancing Fox Inn IV: Strangely, More Wolves Than Foxes

Quote Originally Posted by kitcatk8 View Post
    The demon's snarl faded, even as the gnome continued to speak, as his attention was called elsewhere. Something prickled at the back of his mind, something warm, something familiar. Something...very familiar. He inhaled sharply through his nose even as he lifted his head and looked, not sure what he expected to see...

Saer was not disappointed. It floated off her in waves, the Pride. He could sense the aspect, taste it in the back of his throat. It was his sin of choice, what he was created for. Truly, what he was. And here came this creature, emanating it, drenched in it. Another growl, one more predatory in nature, rumbled quietly in the bottom of his chest, more a vibration than a sound. As she sat, he watched her carefully.

They would either get along perfectly, or tear the room to pieces trying to dominate one another.

Perhaps both.

Her smooth gray skin positively set off the ruby red of her eyes. They flashed like daggers.

His headache was barely a tickle anymore.

With that arrogant smile gently pulling at the edges of his lips, though this time it was certainly genuine, he addressed her quietly, "Your face would be far lovelier without such a scowl on it."
    This, of course, makes her scowl deepen as she tries to ascertain if he's being sarcastic. Her eyes sweep him slowly, taking in detail. Hmmm, he might be generally useful, but she doubts he'd have any of the reagents she's after for spells. Apart from the blood reagent, but she was planning on killing deer in the forest later for that.

Did you have something more to say, or are you wasting my time? I'm not here looking for a date. ...oookay, so much for repaying kindness with kindness...
    Thank-you Ceika so much for my awesome avatar!

2. - Top - End - #482
    Pixie in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by orb_of_blood View Post
    This, of course, makes her scowl deepen as she tries to ascertain if he's being sarcastic. Her eyes sweep him slowly, taking in detail. Hmmm, he might be generally useful, but she doubts he'd have any of the reagents she's after for spells. Apart from the blood reagent, but she was planning on killing deer in the forest later for that.

Did you have something more to say, or are you wasting my time? I'm not here looking for a date. ...oookay, so much for repaying kindness with kindness...
    The reply drew a gentle -if anything could really be termed 'gentle' in regards to this demon- chuckle from him. "Nor I, Princess." He sipped the last of his ale and motioned the barkeep absently over for a refill. "And the answer to your questions are first yes, and then I don't know." Leaning an elbow on the counter so he could face her more, he didn't bother to hide the way his gaze looked her first down, then up, stopping a moment at the soft curve in her throat, the fine slope of her ear into its tapered tip, finally settling on her face. He spoke quietly, knowing those keen ears would pick up anything he had to say, no matter how soft his tone, "What I can tell, at a glance, is you're one of the dangerous ones whose time is more important than others." He stopped and seemed to consider. "Or...at least you believe it so."

((Going to bed, see you in the AM!))
    My avatar Saer made by the lovely, talented Gnomish Wanderer! Thank you!

I try to check OOC thread, but I'm not terribly loyal to it. Best way to get my attention is to PM me. Harass me, please!

KCDC

3. - Top - End - #483
    Banned

The large Hyena looks at the gnome.

"What's your problem, anyways?" She asks.

4. - Top - End - #484
    Ogre in the Playground

Uh...I don't go' one...save fer head lice....I think it's lice a' least...

5. - Top - End - #485
    Pixie in the Playground

The reply drew a gentle -if anything could really be termed 'gentle' in regards to this demon- chuckle from him. "Nor I, Princess." He sipped the last of his ale and motioned the barkeep absently over for a refill. "And the answer to your questions are first yes, and then I don't know." Leaning an elbow on the counter so he could face her more, he didn't bother to hide the way his gaze looked her first down, then up, stopping a moment at the soft curve in her throat, the fine slope of her ear into its tapered tip, finally settling on her face. He spoke quietly, knowing those keen ears would pick up anything he had to say, no matter how soft his tone, "What I can tell, at a glance, is you're one of the dangerous ones whose time is more important than others." He stopped and seemed to consider. "Or...at least you believe it so."

((Going to bed, see you in the AM!))
    ((Good night!))

Nixa sits, tall, still and regal as he examines her. She lets him, still believing herself to be perfect. She likes the attention she's receiving, but she'd feel much more comfortable if she was dealing with someone other than a demon. Demons were wily creatures, often untrustworthy, and she had already resolved not to listen to him. But she couldn't resist the temptation to argue.

My time IS more important. She answers haughtily.

6. - Top - End - #486
    Ogre in the Playground

Grantaire starts to scratch his head before generally staring at Ashtrek. What does she look like now?

7. - Top - End - #487
    Pixie in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Chezmarine
    She then looks over at the snotty Drow.

"Oh yeah? How so?"
    The drow demonstrates exactly what she means by 'her time is very important' by ignoring Ashtrek completely.
    Last edited by orb_of_blood; 2012-02-02 at 11:59 PM.

8. - Top - End - #488
    Ogre in the Playground

Grantaire....would have an....interesting reaction.

9. - Top - End - #489
    Ogre in the Playground

Grantaire looks at Ashtrek. You have a tail?!

10. - Top - End - #490
    Ogre in the Playground

But...you talk?! Grantaire looks confused.

11. - Top - End - #491
    Ogre in the Playground

I could be drunk...you are a ratha' attractive hallucination either way.

12. - Top - End - #492
    Bugbear in the Playground

Grantaire may remember that she didn't got anything here. Fade asked a question and never got an answer and well that means she didn't get anything right? Fade is still waiting here.
    Grammer is my declared deadly enemy!

Let's PLay's in German Take a Look at Bravely Default.

Nexus Characters: LINK

13. - Top - End - #493
    Pixie in the Playground

((Good night!))

Nixa sits, tall, still and regal as he examines her. She lets him, still believing herself to be perfect. She likes the attention she's receiving, but she'd feel much more comfortable if she was dealing with someone other than a demon. Demons were wily creatures, often untrustworthy, and she had already resolved not to listen to him. But she couldn't resist the temptation to argue.

My time IS more important. She answers haughtily.
    ((One post before work/school...I'll be back around later this afternoon!))

Oh, if there was any doubt before, there was no longer. He could tell with that particular...*flare* from her...that he was her sin of choice, whether she knew it yet or no. It wasn't something he fed off of -heat and flame did a well enough job there- but it was something he sensed as if it were a part of him.

The look Saer gave in answer to her declaration was eloquent. "Of course it is, Princess." Which came across as patronizing and as though he didn't believe it at all. The small smirk on his face doubled the irony of his words as he turned away to receive his refill and begin sipping from the mug. He was baiting her. Asking, without asking, for her to justify herself. If he'd read her correctly, -and he was seldom wrong- he expected she wouldn't be able to tolerate being dismissed so easily.

I try to check OOC thread, but I'm not terribly loyal to it. Best way to get my attention is to PM me. Harass me, please!

KCDC

14. - Top - End - #494
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Chezmarine View Post
    She might notice a Female Hyena-morph, sitting at the bar drinking Coke.

The Hyena nods.

"A nuclear War can do that to you." She says.

"So if it's only been a day, my universe's time is irrelevant while I'm here?"
    Fear shrugs.

"I guess? I mean, it's the Nexus. It's own time is irrelevant half the time."

15. - Top - End - #495
    Pixie in the Playground

Oh yes, Saer has read her perfectly, and without realizing that it is exactly what he's after, she begins speaking in a tone that just drips with contempt. My name is Nixa Vivilandra, I am a powerful sorceress, I have a noble history, an insanely strong master, and you will not turn away from me! Starting off very quietly as she could barely contain her rage, Nixa gets louder and louder until she's shouting at him.
    ((And before anyone working at the DFI freaks out, I'm well aware of the no fighting rule and Nixa will not breach it, don't worry.))

16. - Top - End - #496
    Pixie in the Playground

Oh yes, Saer has read her perfectly, and without realizing that it is exactly what he's after, she begins speaking in a tone that just drips with contempt. My name is Nixa Vivilandra, I am a powerful sorceress, I have a noble history, an insanely strong master, and you will not turn away from me! Starting off very quietly as she could barely contain her rage, Nixa gets louder and louder until she's shouting at him.
    ((And before anyone working at the DFI freaks out, I'm well aware of the no fighting rule and Nixa will not breach it, don't worry.))
    As she continued to raise her voice, the demon sipped his ale, stopped when she reached the second tier of shouting, raised his eyebrows at the third, tipped his head to the fourth, then finally turned to meet her furious gaze at the fifth. He didn't look startled or intimidated. If anything, he was mildly amused and it shown with the laughter behind his otherwise cold eyes. "Nixa?" Leaning back, he spun on the stool so his full body was turned to her, crossing his arms, and looked her once more up and down. It was a quick, but judging glance, and for a breath, anyone could tell he liked what he saw, though his next words spoke in complete contrast. "That's a hideous name." He was lying of course. But she didn't know that.

((iPhone post FTW))

KCDC

17. - Top - End - #497
    Pixie in the Playground

If they were anywhere but the DFI that comment would have earned him a fireball in the face. As it is however, the comment leaves her so seething that she's at a complete loss for words.

RI-I-I-I-P!

...it's only a slight tear, but it's still not a sound she particularly wanted to hear. Damn, fourth dress torn that way. The tensing of her muscles has caused her leathery brown wings to unfurl slightly, and she quickly curls them back against her back and covers them again with her hair. She forces herself to relax a little, as it's only way to keep them hidden.

Who are you? Her voice gives away the barely contained rage, but hey, at least she's not loosing it on him.

((iPhone? SO jealous!))

18. - Top - End - #498
    Pixie in the Playground

If they were anywhere but the DFI that comment would have earned him a fireball in the face. As it is however, the comment leaves her so seething that she's at a complete loss for words.

RI-I-I-I-P!

...it's only a slight tear, but it's still not a sound she particularly wanted to hear. Damn, fourth dress torn that way. The tensing of her muscles has caused her leathery brown wings to unfurl slightly, and she quickly curls them back against her back and covers them again with her hair. She forces herself to relax a little, as it's only way to keep them hidden.

Who are you? Her voice gives away the barely contained rage, but hey, at least she's not loosing it on him.

((iPhone? SO jealous!))
    To the sound of the rip, Saer is, for the first time since entering the inn, speechless himself. Automatically, his heat sense extended out, tracing the edges of her body. She was warmer than the average mortal, but that applied to maybe half the supernaturals running around. The sense extended to her back, where he hadn't bothered to focus before. Why should he? Drow, though dangerously lovely, didn't have anything but weapons worth hiding down their spine, but...

Now that...wasn't something he'd been expecting.

He recovered quickly. It was a brief unfocusing of his eyes, then in a blink he was back, just in time to hear her question.

The rage in her voice was threateningly beautiful. Saer didn't smile, nor did he look displeased. Indeed, he looked as though she'd done something interesting. He nodded and extended his hand, elbow sliding on the bar counter, not certain whether he expected her to take it or not...he was optimistic. "Lord Saer Akhor."

And if she would take his hand, even through her gloves, she'd be able to feel his too-hot skin. Hell's fire ran through his blood, stronger than in almost all demons.

((lol. It's certainly slower. But it's getting me through a really boring lecture))

KCDC

19. - Top - End - #499
    Pixie in the Playground

((Oh, if you're in a lecture then I'm much less jealous...))

Nixa looks at his hand as though he's insane to offer it. And he is. He expects her to shake his hand after his comments? Nixa will instead take a different course of action and spit on it. How charming.

Even is she'd taken his hand she wouldn't have been able to feel the heat. The burns have eradicated most of the feeling in her hands, and the claws make basic movements much more difficult for her. Hiding both of those features is why she wears the gloves in the first place.

And now, after her insult, Nixa is mostly done. If he was a lordly demon than he may at least somewhat interesting to talk to, and a small portion of her anger has evaporated. Still not enough to make her trust him, but perhaps enough so that she can tolerate being in the same room as him.

20. - Top - End - #500
    Pixie in the Playground

((Oh, if you're in a lecture then I'm much less jealous...))

Nixa looks at his hand as though he's insane to offer it. And he is. He expects her to shake his hand after his comments? Nixa will instead take a different course of action and spit on it. How charming.

Even is she'd taken his hand she wouldn't have been able to feel the heat. The burns have eradicated most of the feeling in her hands, and the claws make basic movements much more difficult for her. Hiding both of those features is why she wears the gloves in the first place.

And now, after her insult, Nixa is mostly done. If he was a lordly demon than he may at least somewhat interesting to talk to, and a small portion of her anger has evaporated. Still not enough to make her trust him, but perhaps enough so that she can tolerate being in the same room as him.
    ((I figured. ;) ))

Saer looked at his hand, sighed, then back up at her with another of his famous looks. This particular one spoke, loud and clear, a single word: Really? He could have wasted a flicker of energy in burning it away, but instead made a show of pulling a hankerchief from his pocket with his clean hand and wiping at his palm. When next he spoke, he was not so much angry or annoyed but...disappointed. In the way a parent shows to their child who throws a tantrum. "Do you feel better now?" And then those eyes snapped up again, looking at her from under his dark brows. They were no longer amused. But at this angle, the clean, thin scar cutting through his left eyebrow and all the way down upon the eyelid itself was clearly seen. It was the only mar on his otherwise handsome, sharp-angled face.

((lecture over. Real life work now. Ugh))

KCDC

21. - Top - End - #501
    Pixie in the Playground

Much, Nixa says, now amused herself, mostly at his reaction. She even smiles a little, losing the scowl. The smile, rare on her face, is almost... dangerous. Secretive. Yet somehow not quite evil, despite the flashing red eyes.

Alright, so you're a demon then. I presume you're going to ask for my soul, or drag me to hell or somesuch. Mind if I speed it up and tell you my soul has already been sold? And to someone much more powerful then... well, you.
    The drow crosses her arms and leans forwards a little onto the bar.
    Last edited by orb_of_blood; 2012-02-03 at 10:50 AM.

22. - Top - End - #502
    Pixie in the Playground

Much, Nixa says, now amused herself, mostly at his reaction. She even smiles a little, losing the scowl. The smile, rare on her face, is almost... dangerous. Secretive. Yet somehow not quite evil, despite the flashing red eyes.

Alright, so you're a demon then. I presume you're going to ask for my soul, or drag me to hell or somesuch. Mind if I speed it up and tell you my soul has already been sold? And to someone much more powerful then... well, you.
    The drow crosses her arms and leans forwards a little onto the bar.
    Saer listened without breaking eye contact with her. Something lightened in those serious eyes to her words. Again, it was as if she'd said something interesting. He listened without interruption, and when she finished, he made a short comment. "The smile suits you." It didn't quite sound like a complement. More like an observation spoken aloud.

His head tipped a fraction to the side, and the silver crescents framing his face followed suit, looking like hair but certainly not acting like it. "Usually my origins aren't so quickly detected. You're observant. Or you've heard of me." He shrugged and sat up straighter again. "If the latter is true, you haven't heard enough. Souls haven't been my currency for..." he appeared to think, "...a few years." The way he said it made 'years' sound like 'centuries'.

Reaching over, he pulled the mug back to his lips and took a long drink, forcing her to wait before he continued. "As for the power," his lips lifted at the corner with the arrogant smirk he wore so well, "I won't argue with you, even though I know better. Though it's a shame." The hand not holding the ale reached up, a few inches from her cheekbone. He didn't touch, but traced the edge of something there, something no hand should have been able to touch. Something far too intimate for those newly met to caress. If she was sensitive enough, she'd feel it without question. Perhaps more disturbing, it usually felt pleasurable. Addicting. The demon's voice dropped lower. "Promised to another or no, it's still with you right now." There was a touch of solemnity to his chocolate-covered voice. "And it is lovely."

KCDC

23. - Top - End - #503
    Pixie in the Playground

Nixa feels faintly fascinated and disturbed at the same time, but overlaying that is curiosity several meters thick. What was that? Did... did he just touch her soul? She feels somewhat... violated. Although it was her master's anyways. For now at least.

The smile has faded by now, and her face registers as fairly emotionless, not even a hint of the usual pride. Debating... should she get up and leave before anything else happens? Damn, if she was normal she probably would, but Nixa is too curious to let herself do that. What are you after?

24. - Top - End - #504
    Pixie in the Playground

Nixa feels faintly fascinated and disturbed at the same time, but overlaying that is curiosity several meters thick. What was that? Did... did he just touch her soul? She feels somewhat... violated. Although it was her master's anyways. For now at least.

The smile has faded by now, and her face registers as fairly emotionless, not even a hint of the usual pride. Debating... should she get up and leave before anything else happens? Damn, if she was normal she probably would, but Nixa is too curious to let herself do that. What are you after?
    His hand curled gently at that spot where, if he was touching, his thumb would be on her cheek, his index finger resting delicately under the line of her jaw. To someone far away, it would indeed appear he made skin-to-skin contact. Yet he remained hovering, caressing only that which he -and by the look on her face, she too- could feel. He was pleased with the way she asked her question. Not 'what do you want?' but 'what are you after?'.

He answered just as quietly, a genuine response. "Perhaps you. Perhaps not. I haven't decided yet." He allowed his gaze to wander to where his hand rested along her jaw. "Certainly not your essence. Though one might argue they are the same thing. I don't believe it is so." Saer let his hand fall away, sliding down that sensitive area near the side of her neck before he pulled away and leaned back completely, no longer within her personal space. He was encouraged she had allowed the moment without spitting on him again. It was progress.

KCDC

25. - Top - End - #505
    Ogre in the Playground

Grantaire stares. Oy! Hello! Drow! Youre a wizard!

26. - Top - End - #506
    Pixie in the Playground

His hand curled gently at that spot where, if he was touching, his thumb would be on her cheek, his index finger resting delicately under the line of her jaw. To someone far away, it would indeed appear he made skin-to-skin contact. Yet he remained hovering, caressing only that which he -and by the look on her face, she too- could feel. He was pleased with the way she asked her question. Not 'what do you want?' but 'what are you after?'.

He answered just as quietly, a genuine response. "Perhaps you. Perhaps not. I haven't decided yet." He allowed his gaze to wander to where his hand rested along her jaw. "Certainly not your essence. Though one might argue they are the same thing. I don't believe it is so." Saer let his hand fall away, sliding down that sensitive area near the side of her neck before he pulled away and leaned back completely, no longer within her personal space. He was encouraged she had allowed the moment without spitting on him again. It was progress.
    Nixa looks faintly disappointed when he withdraws, but it is fleeting and passes quickly, replaced yet again by her prideful look. She hasn't the faintest idea what he's on about, this rubbish with 'essences'. She only came in here for some reagents and look who she'd met. The Nexus was a weird place. She'd have something interesting to report back to her master this eve.

Nixa straightens again, attempting to ignore the odd feeling of her 'soul' or 'essence' or whatever being touched by someone she's only just met, and a demon at that. Still, if you are after me, then you've chosen well, she smirks. Yep, right back to her old over-bearing self. How predictable.

Quote Originally Posted by singingnoodle View Post
    Grantaire stares. Oy! Hello! Drow! Youre a wizard!
    No, Nixa is not a wizard, she's a sorceress. Big difference. Also, she's ignoring the irritant completely, mostly because he had the audacity to call her a 'wizard'.

27. - Top - End - #507
    Pixie in the Playground

Nixa looks faintly disappointed when he withdraws, but it is fleeting and passes quickly, replaced yet again by her prideful look. She hasn't the faintest idea what he's on about, this rubbish with 'essences'. She only came in here for some reagents and look who she'd met. The Nexus was a weird place. She'd have something interesting to report back to her master this eve.

Nixa straightens again, attempting to ignore the odd feeling of her 'soul' or 'essence' or whatever being touched by someone she's only just met, and a demon at that. Still, if you are after me, then you've chosen well, she smirks. Yep, right back to her old over-bearing self.
    "Oh?" Saer's eyebrows raised faintly as she settled back into his stool and once more crossed his arms. He liked her smirk. Her haughty attitude. Though he had no question it must have gotten her into sticky situations more often than not. "Then please enlighten me, Princess, as to why you'd be worth the trouble." He lowered his voice, and ended with a quiet challenge. "Convince me."

KCDC

28. - Top - End - #508
    Pixie in the Playground

Nixa, surprisingly, accepts the challenge, standing and taking several steps back, grinning wickedly. Because I'm infused with the power of the red dragons.
    R-I-I-I-I-P!
    This time the entire top of the back of her dress shreds (although it's still held in place by straps) as the brown leathery wings extend out and to their full length. They look quite impressive, although Nixa doesn't like showing them very much as they're entirely useless. Her bones are not hollow and she's too heavy for them to do very much, rather than allow her to jump higher than the average drow and glide down from tall places.

Then the gloves come off, revealing her burned and scared hands which end in wickedly sharp claws. The scars reach up to her elbows, and should be relatively odd. It's strange for a woman with red dragon blood to be affected by any type of fire.

Last she closes her eyes and holds her breath. A very loud CLICK! can be heard. Moments later her dark skin begins to glow and radiate intense heat in every direction. This lasts about twenty seconds then vanishes when she relaxes.

And that's without even calling on my not inconsiderable magic skills. WHich I can't actually show in here.

29. - Top - End - #509
    Pixie in the Playground

Nixa, surprisingly, accepts the challenge, standing and taking several steps back, grinning wickedly. Because I'm infused with the power of the red dragons.
    R-I-I-I-I-P!
    This time the entire top of the back of her dress shreds (although it's still held in place by straps) as the brown leathery wings extend out and to their full length. They look quite impressive, although Nixa doesn't like showing them very much as they're entirely useless. Her bones are not hollow and she's too heavy for them to do very much, rather than allow her to jump higher than the average drow and glide down from tall places.

Then the gloves come off, revealing her burned and scared hands which end in wickedly sharp claws. The scars reach up to her elbows, and should be relatively odd. It's strange for a woman with red dragon blood to be affected by any type of fire.

Last she closes her eyes and holds her breath. A very loud CLICK! can be heard. Moments later her dark skin begins to glow and radiate intense heat in every direction. This lasts about twenty seconds then vanishes when she relaxes.

And that's without even calling on my not inconsiderable magic skills. WHich I can't actually show in here.
    As she stood and made her declaration, what could Saer do but watch as she put on a show for him? Did she realize that she was putting on what amounted to an audition? Would she have still done it if she'd known? The demon wasn't entirely sure one way or another. The wings burst forth, those he'd already known were there, and his face remained surprisingly stony. Watchful. Not bored. But calculating.

Her gloves ripped off and he noted the burns, the wicked claws. As it would take an insane amount of power to scar the First demon of the Hells, before the Hells
    were even called the Hells, he could only guess at what might burn one who had Dragon's blood in her veins.

The burst of heat felt wonderful to his skin, and before it stopped, it radiated to him as the moth goes to the flame. It knew him. He passively absorbed what he could, drank of her heat, before it dissipated.

Her last words were drowning in her Pride. Oh, yes. She was already his. Just not in any official capacity.

Saer slowly stood, leaving his cloak on the stool. He approached her with serious eyes and lifted a hand halfway up, hand flexed, palm out, a universal motion for silence.

He stepped around her with those heavy leather black boots. At her shoulder, he stopped a moment and raised his hand to delicately glide the back of his hand over the edge of a wing. His hands were too warm for most. He knew she'd enjoy the heat. He didn't need to speak loud to be heard so close to her. "I've thought you were impressive the moment you walked in. Your show deserves more of an audience than I. But I did enjoy it."

He stepped up behind her then, and if she allowed, ran both hands delicately up the outer edges of her wings. If she did, his touch was non-threatening and soothing. "You seem so...eager... For me to be 'after you'. Do you know what it is you ask?"

KCDC

30. - Top - End - #510
    Pixie in the Playground

In case Marciano hadn't noticed, Saer is a little busy here, and isn't open to commentary or inquisition from other individuals. He ignores Marciano.

KCDC