New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 34 of 50 FirstFirst ... 9242526272829303132333435363738394041424344 ... LastLast
Results 991 to 1,020 of 1478
  1. - Top - End - #991
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Skyrim IV: Oblivion

Then the Neveraine dies of old age, Dagoth Ur bides his time, and ambushes the Almsivi again. Thus the cycle continues. Plus Azura had a whole hand in manipulating the Neveraine to destroy the heart and punish the Almsivi. You could point out that the Neveraine was little more than Azura's plaything.
    If God had wanted you to live he would not have created me!

2. - Top - End - #992
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Craft (Cheese) View Post
    I always looked at the Dunmer mistreatment in Windhelm thing as being analogous to the views of certain whites in my area who actually think the local mexican immigrants are secretly terrorists who want to blow up elementary schools or something. It just seems to be human nature to lump everything you hate together. Dunmer are bad, Thalmor are bad, so all Dunmer must secretly be Thalmor!

Stupid? Yes, but sadly oh too real.
    I don't think this has any place on this forum. Also, (as a side note) I've never even heard of people stereotyping Mexicans as terrorists, and I live in the south.
    Last edited by Anteros; 2012-02-29 at 03:17 PM.

3. - Top - End - #993
    Ogre in the Playground

Kobold

So, my playthrough is now in its 3rd day of /played time. My character is in the 20's, with Conjuration having crested 80 & both one-handed and light armor in the 50's. I've started working a bit on smithing/enchanting/alchemy, with smithing being the furthest along. I've mostly only toyed with alchemy, mixing things to get their properties listed, and primarily just disenchanting things to learn the enchant.

As suggested, I've done the main quest up to the stage of helping the last surviving Blade kill the named dragon. Sounds like I'm visiting Solitude and the newly evil elves...

Funny y'all should mention that Gaulder amulet, that's the quest I'm on right now. I suspect I'm going to be disenchanting the weapons so I can learn the Absorb health/magicka/stamina properties.

I seem to be experiencing a bit of feast\famine when it comes to dragons. When I first started it seemed like I was seeing one every time I turned around, then I didn't see one until I advanced the main quest. Now I'm back to seeing them every time I turn around Seriously, 3 of the last 4 times I've fast-travelled somewhere other than my "base" city, there's been a roar and dragon breath waiting on me. If that keeps up, I can definitely see where people would want to convert dragon souls to perk points, since it seems I may have an abundance of these...

I've tried hunting 2 dragons on purpose. The first one was a site a guard pointed me to that showed on my map with that dragon's head icon one of you warned me about. The fight was going okay, and then something joined the fight that pretty much wtfpwn'd me. I'm guessing that's one of those Dragon Priests I was warned about

The other one went better. I got a letter from the Graybeards essentially chiding me for showing off with my Sprint power in town and telling me to go do something useful (I'm paraphrasing) and kill a dragon at <insert tower here>. I went to said tower and there it was perched at the top. No matter how many arrows I shot at it or spells I flung, it didn't come down (I suspect I wasn't even hitting/reaching it). So fine, I charged up the steps and...

...eight minutes later, no reloads, it was dead. If I were making a video of this fight, it would have to be to the toon of Yackity Sax (the Benny Hill theme), Hee Haw theme, or something similarly slapstick. I think I took more fall damage than I did from anything the dragon did I ended up essentially Z-axis kiting it by drawing it to the tower with ranged attacks, swiping it, then either falling off the edge (accident) or running down the stairs (intended) to heal/avoid breath attacks.
    • Sometimes, the knights are the monsters
    • The main problem with the world? So many grownups, not enough adults.
    • Talk less; say more.
    • George R.R. Martin, Kirkman, and Joss Whedon walked into a bar. There were no survivors.
    • Current Project: Fallout 4 "nerd" build (3/7/2/2/9/3/2, PER 9 after boosts)

4. - Top - End - #994
    Titan in the Playground

Ah. I suspect it was Autumn Watch tower. Can't think of any others that fit the description.

Incidentally, if you've done the Thieves Guild Quests and you're on the PC, head over to the Nexus and look up Owning Golden Glow. It is AWESOME.

5. - Top - End - #995
    Firbolg in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by TheEmerged View Post
    I've tried hunting 2 dragons on purpose. The first one was a site a guard pointed me to that showed on my map with that dragon's head icon one of you warned me about. The fight was going okay, and then something joined the fight that pretty much wtfpwn'd me. I'm guessing that's one of those Dragon Priests I was warned about
    Lemme guess, Shearpoint?

6. - Top - End - #996
    Ogre in the Playground

PirateGuy

I could relay the entirety of my most recent story in Skyrim, but really all that's interesting is the punch line:

Spoiler
    Show
    I CHOKE SLAMMED MERCER FREY!

Moments like that are what make the game satisfying.

7. - Top - End - #997
    Barbarian in the Playground

Probably Shearpoint, right? North east of Whiterun? If so, that was Krosis, one of the eight named dragon priests in the game. They're quite tough, but they also carry unique masks with powerful enchantments on them. Krosis floats around spamming fireballs at you with his staff, so you want to be prepared for him. If you want to try the fight again, keep in mind that Krosis is in a sarcophagus by the dragon wall and won't come out until you get close. So pull the dragon away from the wall with an arrow or spell and then kill it before you go anywhere near the wall. As for Krosis himself, bring lots of Fire Resistance.
    "Of course you should fight fire with fire. You should fight everything with fire." - Jaya Ballard, Task Mage

There are very few personal problems that cannot be solved with a suitable application of high explosives.

"Time to throw the dice." - Mat Cauthon, Wheel of Time

"Nothing good can ever come from staying with normal people."

8. - Top - End - #998
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Knight13 View Post
    Probably Shearpoint, right? North east of Whiterun? If so, that was Krosis, one of the eight named dragon priests in the game. They're quite tough, but they also carry unique masks with powerful enchantments on them. Krosis floats around spamming fireballs at you with his staff, so you want to be prepared for him. If you want to try the fight again, keep in mind that Krosis is in a sarcophagus by the dragon wall and won't come out until you get close. So pull the dragon away from the wall with an arrow or spell and then kill it before you go anywhere near the wall. As for Krosis himself, bring lots of Fire Resistance.
    Yeah. Ironically I didn't know about Krosis before that too. I just fast traveled when a guard told me there was a dragon on shearpoint and I saw it sleeping so I decided to use an arrow for X2 sneak attack damage. I went into "What the Heck?" mode after I approached the wall after killing the dragon when the Krosis appeared.
    My own webcomic. Idiosyncrasy.
    Paladin Academy: Chapter 2 Part 28

9. - Top - End - #999
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Silverraptor View Post
    Yeah. Ironically I didn't know about Krosis before that too. I just fast traveled when a guard told me there was a dragon on shearpoint and I saw it sleeping so I decided to use an arrow for X2 sneak attack damage. I went into "What the Heck?" mode after I approached the wall after killing the dragon when the Krosis appeared.
    Yeah, Krosis is the only Dragon Priest where you don't get much warning about it. All of the others are either in a sarcophagus in the middle of a large room or (like Nahkriin near the end of the main quest) is doing something else as you arrive.

Krosis just bashes his way out of a sarcophagus easily mistaken for set-dressing. Guess he wasn't too popular while alive seeing as his coffin was just left on-top of a mountain in the middle of nowhere while his peers all got swanky tombs or are directly serving the beings they worship.

EDIT: Huh; his name means 'sorrow'. Wonder if that's got anything to do with it.
    Last edited by ShadowFighter15; 2012-03-01 at 05:40 PM.
    Avatar of Gnar'tigor - former Star Player of the Hellborn Hooligans Blood Bowl team - by Savannah

Brilliant D&D song from Aussie comedy band Tripod.
    If anyone can find a better-quality version of that, let me know.

The Hellborn Hooligans Reborn

10. - Top - End - #1000
    Titan in the Playground

I dislike Alduin, but I respect his primal nature and that he's only doing what comes naturally.

Krosis is just a big jerk. I've seriously seen the dragon there blast Krosis instead of me. It's actually pretty hilarious.

So far my method for dealing Krosis looks like a Benny Hill skit, or I use some mystical mojo and drop big rocks on him. (Midas Magic)

11. - Top - End - #1001

I had a weird encounter with Krosis. I knew he was there and was high enough level that I could take him and the dragon at once. I'd never been to Shearpoint before, so I had to walk over from I think it was Fellglow Keep. (Might be mistaken about that, though--it's been a while.) As I was walking, three things happened

A giant spawned behind a bush or something and snuck up on me
    A dragon fell out of the sky
    Both Shearpoint enemies noticed this as I was within sight and their reaction was to charge

What followed was one of the weirder things I remember seeing. Two dragons essentially breathed fire and frost at the other dragon's buddy while all four lost health faster than me against an army of archmages. Finished them all off with a staff of chain lightning that had the amazing secondary effect of staggering all opponents struck.

At the end of it all, I had to chug three strength potions just to fast travel back to town from all the swag I carried.
    Homebrew Directory
    Best summation of Internet arguments:
    Quote Originally Posted by Wing Commander Forums
    And now I leave you to rant and rave over how I just don't get it with a smug sense of self-satisfaction, I leave with a smug sense of self-satisfaction over having made a pointless reply to a pointless rant on the internet

12. - Top - End - #1002
    Titan in the Playground

Yeah, probably Fellglow. It's just south and makes for the most conveinent access.

13. - Top - End - #1003
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by ShadowFighter15 View Post
    EDIT: Huh; his name means 'sorrow'. Wonder if that's got anything to do with it.
    I think Krosis also doubles as a meaning of "Regret" and "Apology". So, yes, maybe.
    Blizzard Battletag: UnderDog#21677

Shepard: "Wrex! Do we have mawsign?"
    Wrex: "Shepard, we have mawsign the likes of which even Reapers have never seen!"

14. - Top - End - #1004
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by ObadiahtheSlim View Post
    Then the Neveraine dies of old age
    Except the stabilised Corprus infection prevents the Neravarine from aging.
    Thanks to Veera for the avatar.

I keep my stories in a blog. You should read them.

5E Sorcerous Origin: Arcanist

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by ClericofPhwarrr View Post
    Dhavaer, your ideas are like candy from the sky, sprinkled lightly with cinnamon.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gwyn chan 'r Gwyll View Post
    Wow. Badass without being flashy and showy, attractive while remaining classy. Bravo Dhavaer.
    Quote Originally Posted by Psyren View Post
    ...Why do I imagine you licking your lips and rubbing your hands together?

15. - Top - End - #1005
    Dwarf in the Playground

So i just died like a girlscout trying to fight that shearpoint priest. (level 11 archer here (breton)). I killed the dragon just fine with lydia at my side, and ran towards the wall to get the words (3 of them, wow, still haven't figured out how to use the shout though, or maybe it's just funky on giants). Crosus doesn't even take any damage from my arrows. I ended up leaving lydia in town and running past to get the words and flee, but how do you possibly kill this guy.
    Also, why can I fast-travel there when i've never been there?

16. - Top - End - #1006

Quote Originally Posted by Rhydeble View Post
    So i just died like a girlscout trying to fight that shearpoint priest. (level 11 archer here (breton)). I killed the dragon just fine with lydia at my side, and ran towards the wall to get the words (3 of them, wow, still haven't figured out how to use the shout though, or maybe it's just funky on giants). Crosus doesn't even take any damage from my arrows. I ended up leaving lydia in town and running past to get the words and flee, but how do you possibly kill this guy.
    Also, why can I fast-travel there when i've never been there?
    Can't help you with killing Krosis, but the short-version of how to use that Shout (Throw Voice), best thing I can do is link you here: http://elderscrolls.wikia.com/wiki/Throw_Voice

I think Krosis' page on there has combat tips as well.
    Avatar of Gnar'tigor - former Star Player of the Hellborn Hooligans Blood Bowl team - by Savannah

Brilliant D&D song from Aussie comedy band Tripod.
    If anyone can find a better-quality version of that, let me know.

The Hellborn Hooligans Reborn

17. - Top - End - #1007

I find that one of the easiest ways to beat him is to force him off one of the ledges around wall. Sometimes he'll float off them by himself, but you can also push him off with Unrelenting Force. Once he's down there, you can crouch on the edge of the cliff and shoot arrows at him. When he tries to shoot fireballs back at you, he'll usually hit the edge of the cliff instead and you won't take any damage.
    "Of course you should fight fire with fire. You should fight everything with fire." - Jaya Ballard, Task Mage

There are very few personal problems that cannot be solved with a suitable application of high explosives.

18. - Top - End - #1008
    Ogre in the Playground

Kobold

Yes, I believe those are the names of the places (the tower and the dragon priest place). I've put Shearpoint on my "places to go back to with some more levels" list :)

I've decided to wrap up the main Companions quest chain and move to the Winterhold/Mage College quests next. I mentioned the feast/famine situation I have with dragons, yes? I ran into *2* dragons on the way to the tomb that is apparently the end quest for the Companions (the leader has died, we've reforged the legendary axe, and we're on the way to try and release his soul for Sovengard). The second one was amusing because two ice wolves, an orc, and a frost troll decided to take advantage of my distraction to kill me In any event, my collection of dragon scales etc is growing nicely.
    Last edited by TheEmerged; 2012-03-02 at 12:17 PM.
    • Sometimes, the knights are the monsters
    • The main problem with the world? So many grownups, not enough adults.
    • Talk less; say more.
    • George R.R. Martin, Kirkman, and Joss Whedon walked into a bar. There were no survivors.
    • Current Project: Fallout 4 "nerd" build (3/7/2/2/9/3/2, PER 9 after boosts)

19. - Top - End - #1009
    Titan in the Playground

Yeah, between that and Krosis Mask, Shearpoint is the best friend for a thief. Provided you can survive Krosis himself. Another trick I just learned is that facing the wall, there's a mountainous area to the right, and if you stay at the foot of that, most of Krosis Fireballs will smash into the ground short of you and not hit. I say most though, so beware.

20. - Top - End - #1010

still haven't figured out how to use the shout though, or maybe it's just funky on giants
    Throw Voice is mostly useful for stealthy characters. It causes the AI to hear a sound where you aim the shout, so they'll go over and investigate that spot. It's handy if you want to set them up for a backstab or even just sneak by them.

21. - Top - End - #1011
    Colossus in the Playground

Is it possible to beat feet and then come back when Krosis has broken off pursuit, or is his vengeance undying?
    Quote Originally Posted by Inevitability View Post
    Greater
    \ˈgrā-tər \
    comparative adjective
    1. Describing basically the exact same monster but with twice the RHD.
    Quote Originally Posted by Artanis View Post
    I'm going to be honest, "the Welsh became a Great Power and conquered Germany" is almost exactly the opposite of the explanation I was expecting

22. - Top - End - #1012

Is it possible to beat feet and then come back when Krosis has broken off pursuit, or is his vengeance undying?
    This gave me the hilarious mental image of a couple of guards patrolling outside Whiterun, when suddenly a guy runs past, followed by a floating, screaming, legless, scaly, mask-wearing zombie throwing fireballs all over the place.

Guard 1: "What in the name of Talos was that?!"
    Guard 2: "Oh, that was the Dragonborn."
    Guard 1: "The Dragonborn?! But what was that thing chasing him? Shouldn't we help him?"
    Guard 2: "No, he does this kind of thing all the time. You kind of get used to it."

23. - Top - End - #1013
    Titan in the Playground

This gave me the hilarious mental image of a couple of guards patrolling outside Whiterun, when suddenly a guy runs past, followed by a floating, screaming, legless, scaly, mask-wearing zombie throwing fireballs all over the place.

Guard 1: "The Dragonborn?! But what was that thing chasing him? Shouldn't we help him?"
    Guard 2: "No, he does this kind of thing all the time. You kind of get used to it."
    Oh how true this is. What would make a guard's life more worthwhile is if he could hear the sound track thats playing while the dragonborn does his stuff.
    My own webcomic. Idiosyncrasy.
    Paladin Academy: Chapter 2 Part 28

24. - Top - End - #1014
    Ogre in the Playground

SolithKnightGuy

One of my funnier moments was when I was going after a dragon I had seen attacking some giants and their mammoth. I was just starting to fight it when a thief ran up and tried to threaten me.

It's a shame that their isn't a, "Bitch, I just started a fight with a dragon. I can kill you by speaking at you. I'm one of the best swordsmen and blacksmiths in the land. You think that those tiny daggers scare me?" option.
    Quote Originally Posted by Flickerdart View Post
    Fortunately, a Monk 1/Warblade 19 uses Iron Heart Surge to end the Monk character class, and the day is saved.

25. - Top - End - #1015
    Colossus in the Playground

Dragon Priest Conga!
    Quote Originally Posted by Inevitability View Post
    Greater
    \ˈgrā-tər \
    comparative adjective
    1. Describing basically the exact same monster but with twice the RHD.
    Quote Originally Posted by Artanis View Post
    I'm going to be honest, "the Welsh became a Great Power and conquered Germany" is almost exactly the opposite of the explanation I was expecting

26. - Top - End - #1016
    Ettin in the Playground

How many souls
    Spoiler
    Show
    have you saved in Sovngarde level? I saw two survivors, Kodlak Whitemane and Ulfric Stormcloak.
    Badly drawn helmet avatar drawn by me.
    Rest in Peace:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Miko Miyazaki, Thanh, Durkon- Order of the Stick
    Krunch- Looking For Group
    Bill- Left 4 Dead
    Soap Mactavish- Modern Warfare 3
    Sandman- Modern Warfare 3
    Ghost and Roach- Modern Warfare 2
    Gabe- Dead Space 2
    Dom- Gears of War 3
    Carmine Brothers- Gears of War series
    Uriel Septim VII- Elderscrolls Oblivion
    Commander Shepherd- Mass Effect 3
    Ned Stark- Song of Ice and Fire
    Apple Jack's parents

27. - Top - End - #1017
    Ettin in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Spoiler
    Show
    I've actually never seen anyone else there. Other than the Dragonrend Chorus and Tsun.

Who else has anyone seen?
    Last edited by Calemyr; 2012-03-04 at 10:09 PM.
    Spoiler: My inventory:
    Show

1 Sentient Sword
    1 Jammy Dodger (I was promised tea)
    1 Godwin Point.

Quote Originally Posted by Kairos Theodosian
    It appears someone will have to saddle my goat, for we now must ride out in glorious battle.

28. - Top - End - #1018
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Calemyr View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    I've actually never seen anyone else there. Other than the Dragonrend Chorus and Tsun.

Who else has anyone seen?
    Spoiler
    Show
    After I killed Alduin, I walked around Sovngarde and found Kodlak and Ulfric walking towards the Shor's hall and praising my act of valor.
    Badly drawn helmet avatar drawn by me.
    Rest in Peace:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Miko Miyazaki, Thanh, Durkon- Order of the Stick
    Krunch- Looking For Group
    Bill- Left 4 Dead
    Soap Mactavish- Modern Warfare 3
    Sandman- Modern Warfare 3
    Ghost and Roach- Modern Warfare 2
    Gabe- Dead Space 2
    Dom- Gears of War 3
    Carmine Brothers- Gears of War series
    Uriel Septim VII- Elderscrolls Oblivion
    Commander Shepherd- Mass Effect 3
    Ned Stark- Song of Ice and Fire
    Apple Jack's parents

29. - Top - End - #1019
    Titan in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Funnier still is seeing Torygg and Ulfric both walking up to praise you. I guess being dead solves a lot of differences.
    Last edited by Triaxx; 2012-03-05 at 06:41 AM. Reason: Can't spell

30. - Top - End - #1020
    Ogre in the Playground

Depending on how you solve the civil war,
    Spoiler
    Show
    Rikke could be there in Soverngarde instead of Ulfric.
    If God had wanted you to live he would not have created me!