New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 30 of 37 FirstFirst ... 5202122232425262728293031323334353637 LastLast

Thread: New Cannes (IC)

1. - Top - End - #871
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: New Cannes (IC)

Aria goes over to the victims and talks to them in a calm, soothing voice. It is evident that their panic levels are dropping. "Alright. Time to come with me now. Everywhere needs to leave quickly. My men will stay here and explain to the local PD about a freak fire ruining one of our warehouses. As a gesture of our magnanimity, we won't demand even a token recompense for the damages caused by he warden. Don't you worry Amber. The minute we find the cure, we'll let you know. Meanwhile, we'll keep the survivors *safe* and *sound*..."

Dresden ignores Aria for the moment. "Warden, can she be trusted to do as she says?" Amber can see that as completely mentally fatigued as Harry is, he is willing to throw down if the victims' lives are in real danger.

2. - Top - End - #872
    Ettin in the Playground

BardGuy

"I don't trust any vampires, honestly." Amber replied. "I don't know. She's been helpful so far and I doubt she wants to cause a direct conflict with us."

3. - Top - End - #873
    Ogre in the Playground

Brando, feeling a bit better, shifts back to his human form, without caring for clothes for now

"Wait, Aria. Take DNA, blood and urine samples. Run the tests and send me the results, maybe this is an actual disease that can be fought with normal medicine. Also, don't feed them any meat. If one of them DOES go ahead with the whole ghoulification thing try to get the same samples and run the same tests. DO NOT cause a transformation on purpose."

4. - Top - End - #874
    Titan in the Playground

ClericGuy

Grim reloaded his gun and placed it back in his pants, in the small of his back. He looked around, wondering if there was anything else left to do.

"Sooooo ... as much as I'd love to chat with the local authorities about coincedence of yet ANOTHER raging inferno in the span of a couple of days, I'm sure we all have things to do ..."
    Life is ... life. As always bot/cut as necessary.
    DM: "Why do you have so many characters?"
    Me: "Because I never embraced the strategic value of running away."

Fare thee well, N_R ... you will missed!y

5. - Top - End - #875
    Titan in the Playground

"Alright. You all can reach me regarding this incident at this number..." She hands y'all a piece of paper. "Don't worry. I already have all of your contact info. Brando, honey, are you coming with me or going with them for the night? Everyone has had a...hard day and you deserve rest at least as much as they do, judging by your limbs. We can definitely rest well...together...and then the next day you can even assist in the medical care and research for the cure if you want. you know...reassure the cute warden that we're on the up and up."
    Last edited by Frosty; 2013-04-17 at 11:36 AM.

6. - Top - End - #876
    Ogre in the Playground

"Actually I really should go with you. One of the bastards wounded me too, might end up turning into one of the myself. But I want actual rest today honey. You know how I like those sessions but sometimes I end more tired than energized"

7. - Top - End - #877
    Ettin in the Playground

BardGuy

"Doctor, I trust you to keep an eye on her." Amber says with a frown, not liking her options.

8. - Top - End - #878
    Ogre in the Playground

Brando sighs

"Don't worry Amber. You know I won't let them harm anyone. It'd take more than the entire White Court to stop me from making sure my patients are safe"

9. - Top - End - #879
    Titan in the Playground

The vampires leave, along with some very confused victims. Presumeably Brando follows.

Warden Dresden says, "Well, I'd best be heading back too...after some rest. Do you mind if I crash at your place for the night Warden Inoue? I feel like I could sleep for weeks."
    Last edited by Frosty; 2013-04-19 at 04:15 PM.

10. - Top - End - #880
    Ettin in the Playground

BardGuy

"Of course, sir." Amber says with a nod, "And I know the feeling. I spent way too much energy in that fight."

11. - Top - End - #881
    Titan in the Playground

ClericGuy

Grim raised an eyebrow, glancing at both Wardens, then nodded appraisingly. "Before it gets all weird, I guess I'll go find a spot to hole up in. Don't do anything I wouldn't do ... might be a small list, but there you have it."

12. - Top - End - #882
    Titan in the Playground

~=============Book 1...complete=============~

It is a month later. Grim has won a minor lottery, and actually has a bit of spending cash along with a (small and cramped) apartment! The good doctor, Brando, has been happy to see the missing persons numbers go waaaaay down. Warden Inoue has bought a melee weapon, and kept an eye on the news, and officially the disappearances were written off as "increased gang activity" and the fires and explosions were attributed to the same. It looks like the White Court vampires have excellent control over the media here as well.

Still, not everything is rosy. There are increased reports of drug overdoses...especially amongst young women, as well as increased reports of people just going crazy.

You three are again sitting at Cortisha's Coffee, discussion the recent events...and about Amber's promise to temporarily work for the White Court as part of a joint investigation. Amber has a feeling that'll start up soon.

13. - Top - End - #883
    Ettin in the Playground

BardGuy

As the group sat at the table, Amber tapped her foot impatiently. She had grown used to the feel of the knife hidden in her new sleek black boots, but it still felt odd carrying such a thing. When she'd been studying to be a Warden it had been magic as her primary weapon with a warden sword as the secondary. Now that the swords were so rare she felt weird having to carry around a knife so that she wouldn't burn out like the last mission.

"I hate this city." She mumbled. "White Court controlled and we can't do anything but work with the monsters."

14. - Top - End - #884
    Titan in the Playground

And don't forget all the lying you're forced to get better at. Although to be honest, why would they send a warden to a city of paradise. A warden is sent where there is need, and this city has need...oh yes.

Cortisha comes by to refill Amber's coffee. "I can see you're feelin' down, love. I know what you do for the city, so this cups' on the house. I'd be feeling down too if I lost my job."

Wait what?

15. - Top - End - #885
    Ettin in the Playground

BardGuy

"Huh?" Amber asked confused. "Uhh thanks, but what about my job?"

16. - Top - End - #886
    Titan in the Playground

"Well, I know you probably can't watch TV, but it was on the local news report, so a lot of people know about it. You don't have to hide it or be embarrassed. Lots of people are between jobs nowadays. The reporter said something about a breach of contract and that's why your agency no longer requires your services. Don't worry sweetie. I know a pretty woman like you can find new work no problem soon enough."

This is news to you.

17. - Top - End - #887
    Ettin in the Playground

BardGuy

"I see." Amber says. "Well, thanks for telling me since they hadn't notified me yet." She says as she sips the drink and tried to figure out how she felt. On one hand she hated her job, but on the other money was important.

18. - Top - End - #888
    Titan in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    When did Amber start hating her job?

19. - Top - End - #889
    Ogre in the Playground

Brando was drinking chocolate tea as he always ordered in Cortisha.

"People notify that models are fired in the TV?"

20. - Top - End - #890
    Titan in the Playground

It was really on a local gossip show. Cortisha's definitely of "news channel" can be rather broad. After all, she counts Fox News as a news channel.

21. - Top - End - #891
    Titan in the Playground

ClericGuy

Grim raised an eyebrow at Amber's surprise, waiting for Cortisha to move along before speaking. "Oh, I thought you had found something better, in one of those magazines behind the counter. I didn't realize you were canned ... so to speak."

Taking a pull on his coffee, he leaned back in his comfy chair and grinned to himself at the thought of checking up on Amber at her new job. Glancing back at the others, he asked, "Any word on when the Whites want you?"

22. - Top - End - #892
    Ettin in the Playground

BardGuy

"No idea. I'm hoping they forgot, but I doubt it." Amber notes.

Spoiler
    Show
    Since always. She didn't like White Court getting money, but it paid, was easy, and gave her plenty of time off.

23. - Top - End - #893
    Titan in the Playground

And right on cue, as if she had been listening to the conversation (which hey, would not be completely surprising), you all see Aria saunter over, wearing a slinky, low-cut dress (white, of course) on impossibly-tall heels which she can walk on perfectly somehow. Amber isn't sure how Aria manages to pull off a look that screams 'utter slut' at the same time as 'high class.'

"Good morning, gentlemen. Amber. I hope you are all well-rested from your last...adventure? Yes, we have much work to do. Lots of innocent lives to save. you know...work that's right up your ally. Let's head to a private room and chat."

24. - Top - End - #894
    Ettin in the Playground

BardGuy

Annoyed at the timing and not thrilled to see the woman, Amber sips her drink more and glances at the woman, "So...how do you pull off the high class utter slut look? Usually those are too separate looks." Amber says calmly, knowing the words themselves said all they needed regardless of the tone. She makes no motion to stand and instead points at her drink, "Give me a moment, I'm trying to enjoy my drink before I talk business." She says slowly taking another sip. "Ahhhhh"

25. - Top - End - #895
    Titan in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    What is Amber currently dressed in? Aria may have a clever retort depending on your outfit.
    Last edited by Frosty; 2013-05-10 at 04:40 PM.

26. - Top - End - #896
    Ettin in the Playground

BardGuy

Spoiler
    Show

No make-up (she hates it as described in character fluff), a black mini-skirt (she wears those a lot).

Shirt I'll change around so let's say a red sleeveless shirt, Kinda like this? Closest I can find.

Necklace, earings (two in normal spot, third up high), belly button ring.

Don't think undergarments matter, but ask whatever questions.

She's obviously fit, so why not show off stomach, legs, and arms? :P

27. - Top - End - #897
    Titan in the Playground

Aria strikes a pose as she waits patiently for Amber. "Well one, I've had a lot of practice. And two, I actually work in fashion design, so I have a *lot* of experience with clothes...how they mix and match...and how covering the right 20% of a body part artistically can still scream 'cultured' while still leaving almost nothing to the imagination. Oh and also, my wardrobe has more things than black miniskirts and robes and cloaks more fitting in a Lord of the Rings movie than they do in the here and now."

The vamp gives the warden a 'no hard feelings' smile which will likely just make Amber more emotional. Could play into Aria's hands.

28. - Top - End - #898
    Ogre in the Playground

"Honey, you say that, but your outfits are basically what Galadriel wears, only shorter, sometimes"

29. - Top - End - #899
    Titan in the Playground

"Only because you like them so much. And I have many other outfits too. It does help that my closet is probably 10 times the size of her closet though. I'll admit the shorter part though. Things usually look better that way."
    Last edited by Frosty; 2013-05-10 at 09:26 PM.

30. - Top - End - #900
    Ettin in the Playground

BardGuy

"Kinda said you need ten times the closest space to look half as good." Amber says back, flashing a mock pity look as she took another slow sip of her drink. "Have you had the drinks here? Veeeerrryy enjoyable."