New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 21 of 50 FirstFirst ... 11121314151617181920212223242526272829303146 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #601
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: MS Paint Adventures V: THIS IS STUPID

Quote Originally Posted by RebelRogue View Post
    So it seems that the troll players (at least Aranea -> Vriska) have kept their roles across their scratch as opposed to the human ones. Any significance in this? I bet there is.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zejety View Post
    Their aspect, at least. Do we know that Aranea is a Thief? I agree it's pretty likely though.
    It seems likely that the Trolls and Ancestors are direct clones of one another, similar to how Dirk is a clone of himself, Only in this example (assuming Mindfang is the ancestor and not Vriska) then Mindfang's parent would be herself, and Vriska's parent would be Mindfang alone, instead of Mindfang and one or two others as seen in John.

Quote Originally Posted by Arrghus View Post
    The problem with alchemizing matriorbs was never the code. The trolls have the code. The problem is that the grist cost was mentioned to be astronomical (by, notably, trolls who had all fought their denizens and completed the ultimate alchemy, putting the superlative into its proper perspective).
    True, but to be fair we DO have at least four more denizens with grist hordes, and with a new game in progress they could always farm the (unprototyped) underlings if they can get the whole jack noir/condecince situations under control.

Quote Originally Posted by Gez View Post
    Yeah but we know that universe A1 (the pre-Scratch troll universe with whose players we are getting acquainted currently) was beget from a 48-player session. (There is mention of 48 signs in the Troll zodiac somewhere in the story. Also, out-of-comic indication from Andrew Hussie that it was a session with 48 Squiddle players.)

This reduction in player number (48->12->4) does make it seem possible that UU and uu are from the next universe. 48/4=12; 12/3=4; 4/2=2. If this mathematical series holds up, then it also means that the Squiddles session was created by a team of 48*5=240 players. Man, I don't want to imagine the look of the Battlefield and the Queens and Kings if they all prototyped their sprites pre-entry. On the other end (hah, pun), the series continuing means that in the universe created by UU and uu, there will also be two players (2/1=2), and when these two players create their own universe, there will be a division by zero that will crash Sburb forever.
    i really don't think that's the case, it seems more likely to me that the whole thing is just a coincidence. i personally don't believe the number of players per session depends at all on the number of players of the previous session.
    Avy by Thormag
    Spoiler
    Show

2. - Top - End - #602
    Firbolg in the Playground

Regarding the whole possible loop between sburb sessions, when do you think this'll get a call back?
    If you want a OotS style Touhou avatar, send me a request.

Steam name: memnarch. Same avatar.

3. - Top - End - #603
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Draconi Redfir View Post
    i really don't think that's the case, it seems more likely to me that the whole thing is just a coincidence. i personally don't believe the number of players per session depends at all on the number of players of the previous session.
    come ON dufe, yu realy tihnk theres' some kindof coincidence 3x combo without revealng a rathir obvi patern?
    Last edited by irenicObserver; 2012-03-27 at 10:57 PM.

4. - Top - End - #604
    Dwarf in the Playground

Yeah but we know that universe A1 (the pre-Scratch troll universe with whose players we are getting acquainted currently) was beget from a 48-player session. (There is mention of 48 signs in the Troll zodiac somewhere in the story. Also, out-of-comic indication from Andrew Hussie that it was a session with 48 Squiddle players.)

This reduction in player number (48->12->4) does make it seem possible that UU and uu are from the next universe. 48/4=12; 12/3=4; 4/2=2. If this mathematical series holds up, then it also means that the Squiddles session was created by a team of 48*5=240 players. Man, I don't want to imagine the look of the Battlefield and the Queens and Kings if they all prototyped their sprites pre-entry. On the other end (hah, pun), the series continuing means that in the universe created by UU and uu, there will also be two players (2/1=2), and when these two players create their own universe, there will be a division by zero that will crash Sburb forever.
    That seems like the kind of bug frog evolution would have ironed out ages ago.

I do agree that it's not very likely there'll be many more uU:s, though, but more because their symmetry is already kind of complete with the two of them. One Dersite, one Prospitian. One hate, one love, etc. It just seems very nicely aligned, is all. And while the pattern is definitely false with regards to the larger Homestuck universe, it would make sense for it to be true within the confines of this specific story.

...Which was probably what you were arguing for all along. I'll go back to my hole.

5. - Top - End - #605
    Ogre in the Playground

No, the division by zero will result in a Lord English

6. - Top - End - #606
    Banned

7. - Top - End - #607
    Titan in the Playground

So i was wondering if i could get some help with a fantroll.

I've already got most of her done, i just need a Trollhandle.

She's a musically-inclined troll who was raised by a giant two-headed snake, so i was thinking something along the lines of "musical serpent", the problem is the words in the handle need to begin with the letters T, E or P. (Forming the combination TE, TP, or PP.)

The only words I’ve been able to come up with are Tuned/Tuneful and Python, But TunedPython doesn't really sound all that great to me. Any other ideas?
    Avy by Thormag
    Spoiler
    Show

8. - Top - End - #608
    Ogre in the Playground

HalflingRangerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by irenicObserver View Post
    Ooh, that's pretty cool

9. - Top - End - #609
    Troll in the Playground

So i was wondering if i could get some help with a fantroll.

I've already got most of her done, i just need a Trollhandle.

She's a musically-inclined troll who was raised by a giant two-headed snake, so i was thinking something along the lines of "musical serpent", the problem is the words in the handle need to begin with the letters T, E or P. (Forming the combination TE, TP, or PP.)

The only words I’ve been able to come up with are Tuned/Tuneful and Python, But TunedPython doesn't really sound all that great to me. Any other ideas?
    Some words (all of which have their definition in a dictionary or at http://www.thefreedictionary.com/):
    - elapid
    - elongated
    - tone/tonalist
    - polyphony/polyphonic
    - psalmodia
    - pipe
    - tooth/teeth
    - throttle/throttling

Amusingly, I also found out that troll had a musical meaning too: Music
    a. To sing in succession the parts of (a round, for example).
    b. To sing heartily: troll a carol.
    4. To roll or revolve.
    Last edited by Mono Vertigo; 2012-03-28 at 02:51 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by on Dwarf Fortress succession games
    I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dwarf Fortress 0.40.01 bugs
    - If an adventurer shouts and nobody is around to hear it, the game crashes
    - War Dogs appear to run from themselves in terror
    - New tree generation frequently causes birds to explode

10. - Top - End - #610
    Ogre in the Playground

HalfOrcPirate

There is one flaw. Bard lacks cod piece.
    "Three blokes walk into a pub. One of them is a little bit stupid, and the whole scene unfolds with a tedious inevitability." - Bill Bailey
    Androgeus' 3 step guide to Doctor Who speculation:
    Spoiler
    Show
    1. Pick a random character
    2. State that person is The Rani
    3. goto 1

11. - Top - End - #611

Page, sylph, rogue and mage are not canon, despite the claim.
    Quote Originally Posted by Midnight Roamer View Post
    I think he did the only morally acceptable thing by killing everyone.
    Hark! An avatar drawn by Kate Beaton!

12. - Top - End - #612
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Musashi View Post
    Some words (all of which have their definition in a dictionary or at http://www.thefreedictionary.com/):
    - elapid
    - elongated
    - tone/tonalist
    - polyphony/polyphonic
    - psalmodia
    - pipe
    - tooth/teeth
    - throttle/throttling

Amusingly, I also found out that troll had a musical meaning too: Music
    a. To sing in succession the parts of (a round, for example).
    b. To sing heartily: troll a carol.
    4. To roll or revolve.
    Thanks for the help. Might use Polyphonic, not too sure yet. Doesn't seem to be too many words for snake or serpent or the like out there. Perhaps i'll look for a species of snake that begins with an E, T, or P and use that as a more detailed descryption of her two-headed lusus.

Trollhandles are stupidly hard sometimes.
    Avy by Thormag
    Spoiler
    Show

13. - Top - End - #613
    Ettin in the Playground

TonedeafPython?
    Excellent avatar by Elder Tsofu.

14. - Top - End - #614
    Troll in the Playground

tortilePolyphonic

⑨Strongest Ice⑨

15. - Top - End - #615
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by AgentPaper View Post
    TonedeafPython?
    She's a musical genius with a beautiful singing voice. Hardly tone-deaf.

Quote Originally Posted by Bad Situation View Post
    tortilePolyphonic
    What the heck is a Tortile?

Edit: Eurgh, i'll hold on to Tuned Python or something like that as a backup handle i guess. if i can't find anything else.

edit 2: Hmmm or maybe Taipan Enticer... don't think Enticer really conveys music though.

edit 3: Taipan Entertainer? ... ehh...

edit 4: Python Poem?
    Last edited by Draconi Redfir; 2012-03-29 at 04:48 AM.
    Avy by Thormag
    Spoiler
    Show

16. - Top - End - #616
    Dwarf in the Playground

TyphonsElegy?

Where Typhon is the giant snake who is the "father of all monsters" and also the mythological origin of John's Denizen Typheus, and an Elegy is a funeral march or something. Trolls in general are pretty sombre, so it seems like their kind of music, and death is a topic tightly tied to Skaia's nature anyway.

Or PythonsElegy, if you prefer.

EDIT: Threnody also means pretty much the same as elegy.
    Last edited by Arrghus; 2012-03-29 at 08:40 AM.

17. - Top - End - #617
    Ogre in the Playground

Well, that destroys my theory. Shame, I rather liked it.

Ah well.

I was hoping that the ancestor trolls would have the same aspect and the flipped role- so Dualscar would have been the bard of hope, the Highblood the prince of rage (awesome title, by the by) and Mindfang the rogue of light.

But the latest update, well, it ain't so.
    Last edited by Shadow of the Sun; 2012-03-29 at 08:53 AM.
    i am going to make it through this year
    if it kills me
    i am going to make it though this year
    if it kills me

18. - Top - End - #618
    Banned

Page, sylph, rogue and mage are not canon, despite the claim.
    Um, there was no claim it was. The image was tagged with "non canon design"

19. - Top - End - #619
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow of the Sun View Post
    Well, that destroys my theory. Shame, I rather liked it.

Ah well.

I was hoping that the ancestor trolls would have the same aspect and the flipped role- so Dualscar would have been the bard of hope, the Highblood the prince of rage (awesome title, by the by) and Mindfang the rogue of light.

But the latest update, well, it ain't so.
    I was assuming that as well in my interpretations of each class, and was using that as a plot point for a fantroll i have. ()

Also, the wiki currently lists Echidna as Aranea's denizen. While this doesn't seem to be exact information (afterall, players could visit the other worlds), this could skew things a bit.

Jade = Witch of Space
    Kanaya = Slyph of Space
    Aranea = Slyph of Light

If Echidna is a common link between these three players, it would mean that Denizens are linked to players by Class, instead of Aspect, and both is passive and agressive counterparts, which would also mean the relation between Slyphs and Witches.

Inner Circle

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by radikalskippy
    But I must say the Izzet bunch are as crazy as a rabid goat with a rat biting its tail.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moon_Called View Post
    *ahem* *picks up megaphone*
    Attention everyone! Mal absolutly rocks!

Mal, I name you Fangirlfreind. Whenever you are in aid, call and we shall answer.
    http://i52.photobucket.com/albums/g1...alpromteal.png

20. - Top - End - #620

Um, there was no claim it was. The image was tagged with "non canon design"
    I don't see any tag in your link.

But I see this in the upper-left corner:
    HOMESTUCK CANON
    GOD TIER
    CLASSES AND ASPECTS
    Quote Originally Posted by Midnight Roamer View Post
    I think he did the only morally acceptable thing by killing everyone.
    Hark! An avatar drawn by Kate Beaton!

21. - Top - End - #621
    Dwarf in the Playground

I don't see any tag in your link.

But I see this in the upper-left corner:
    There's a little window in the upper middle that explains whoever made the picture also made up some of the depicted 'hoods.

22. - Top - End - #622
    Ettin in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Interesting. Does this mean that pre-scratch Condesce actually (and successfully) used mass murder to "save" her team? I was wondering why she seemed considered her post-mortal status to mean her plan worked. By killing everyone she moved them all into the dream bubbles and allowed them to continue to exist in some form, when the Scratch itself would have just nullified them completely? That pre-scratch Condesce managed to pull off a less god-mode version of Jade's survival strategy?

It's also interesting to see the pre-scratch player compared to the post-scratch ancestor and player. Aranea was effectively just as much of a self-centered outcast as Vriska was (relatively speaking, pre-scratch trolls being what they are), but was cast as a passive healer rather than an aggressive manipulator. The self-centered attitude is about the only constant between Aranea, Vriska, and Mindfang, while their other definitive traits are tied to their varied upbringing instead.

I like how Aranea says that the post-scratch trolls did have lessons to teach. There's obviously the Sufferer's lessons. And Karkat's mastery of Quadrant Theory (if not Quadrant Practice). Anyone else stick out in people's minds?

Oh yeah, and I like that god tier costume chart. I was a Mage of Time when I took that "what kind of player are you?" test, and the Mage of Time looks pretty good, I think.
    Last edited by Calemyr; 2012-03-29 at 12:22 PM.

23. - Top - End - #623
    Banned

That box is right next to the misleading title. It's rather obvious they are non canon anyway.

24. - Top - End - #624
    Ettin in the Playground

Im suprised that aranea wasn't also shocked that her wish was horribly warped.

She became an adventurer, but a horrible killing pirate that ends up raping her previous enlaved team mate and killing another one and inspires vriska to be equaly as horrid as her.

Also, Vriska was a horrible person. Her death was both justified and exactly what she deserved.

Redemption is earned through actions, not feelings. And her actions where dooming the rest of the (Surviving) team .

25. - Top - End - #625
    Troll in the Playground

What the heck is a Tortile?
    Not a tortile. It's an adjective that means coiled.

⑨Strongest Ice⑨

26. - Top - End - #626
    Ogre in the Playground

HalfOrcPirate

Quote Originally Posted by Scowling Dragon View Post
    Im suprised that aranea wasn't also shocked that her wish was horribly warped.
    It's been quite some time ago, she's probably come to terms with it.
    "Three blokes walk into a pub. One of them is a little bit stupid, and the whole scene unfolds with a tedious inevitability." - Bill Bailey
    Androgeus' 3 step guide to Doctor Who speculation:
    Spoiler
    Show
    1. Pick a random character
    2. State that person is The Rani
    3. goto 1

27. - Top - End - #627
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Arrghus View Post
    TyphonsElegy?

Where Typhon is the giant snake who is the "father of all monsters" and also the mythological origin of John's Denizen Typheus, and an Elegy is a funeral march or something. Trolls in general are pretty sombre, so it seems like their kind of music, and death is a topic tightly tied to Skaia's nature anyway.
    Ohhh that could work...

the other one couldn't though, already have a PE.

Shame the pre-scratchers don't share the same class. looks like they might have the same aspect at least.
    Avy by Thormag
    Spoiler
    Show

28. - Top - End - #628
    Orc in the Playground

I already love Aranea, so I drew a thing.

Spoiler
    Show

29. - Top - End - #629
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Malmagor Andrigal View Post
    I was assuming that as well in my interpretations of each class, and was using that as a plot point for a fantroll i have. ()

Also, the wiki currently lists Echidna as Aranea's denizen. While this doesn't seem to be exact information (afterall, players could visit the other worlds), this could skew things a bit.

Jade = Witch of Space
    Kanaya = Slyph of Space
    Aranea = Slyph of Light

If Echidna is a common link between these three players, it would mean that Denizens are linked to players by Class, instead of Aspect, and both is passive and agressive counterparts, which would also mean the relation between Slyphs and Witches.
    But the trolls session had (at least) two paired classes, Nepeta was a Rogue of Heart with Vriska as Thief of Light, and Gamzee, Bard of Rage, with Eridan, Prince of Hope.

30. - Top - End - #630
    Banned

AG: Mostly kind of 8oring.
    AG: No8ody from my party liked me a whole lot.
    AG: I think I talked too much, and had a ha8it of 8ringing conversations 8ack around to myself.
    AG: Not that it matters anymore, 8ut it was not the 8est way to make friends.
    Oh god, I sympathize so much...

EDIT: Hormone Addled Teens
    Last edited by irenicObserver; 2012-03-30 at 08:52 AM.